PDA

View Full Version : OTC New Figures/Repaints/Same Figures?

PTF
10-19-2004, 12:17 AM
Hi,

I am a collector of loose figures and I have to have one of everything. Infact, I have 1 of everything up to this date (excluding Vlix). I was wondering if anyone has a list of figures that are new. I consider NEW anything that is a repaint or new sculp or with a new accessory to the figure. If the figure is the exact same, then to me, I don't care where it came from. There are a ton of new things out there Red Y-wing, Collector Falcon, 3-Packs, and the OTC line. If anyone could be of help, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Paul Todd Feldman:)

Kidhuman
10-19-2004, 12:31 AM
Ji'Dai posted the following list. Here is a link to it. He lists all saga up to OTC.

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=349612&postcount=3

VOTC is:

ANH

Luke Ben Han Leia

ESB

Lando, 3PO, Vader, Yoda

ROTJ

Stormie, R2, Chewie and Boba

Vehicles:

Flacon
X-Wing
Tie
Y-wing
Sandcrawler

12"

Luke
Stormie
Boba
Chewie

Lego

Flacon,
Snowspeeder

Please fill in any I missed.

PTF
10-19-2004, 12:59 AM
Thanks for the list. I was unclear in my 1st post. OTC re-released some figures along with figure w/ ships. I was curious if the re-releases (e.g. Greedo) is the same as the original release or is it a new sculp or a repaint (which I consider different). If all the difference is the package, then I don't care since I am a loose collector. Another thing that would help me and maybe others to know is with the figure/ship combos if the figure is different. The figure in Darth Vader's ship is an exact re-release all the way down to the copy right logo. If there was a different logo, I would have to get the figure :cry: . But since it is the same, I could pass on another version of the same ship. It sucks to be this anal! Thanks for the help.

Paul Todd Feldman

plasticfetish
10-19-2004, 04:19 AM
I was curious if the re-releases (e.g. Greedo) is the same as the original release or is it a new sculp or a repaint (which I consider different).I see what you're getting at (welcome to the forums BTW) and I'm pretty sure there's no complete list going at this point. In the case of the OTC re-releases, most of them are the same as previous figures, but many are repainted -- for instance, OTC Greedo is slightly different than Saga (cantina set) Greedo.

Same goes for the Gam Guard, Jawa, Tusken, IG-88 (just a little), Bib Fortuna, Luke (Bespin ESB) and the Imperial Trooper. There's probably others, but that's what I can remember right now.

You're best bet's to go and make your own list after hunting around a bit and comparing photos -- or really, just look when you see them in the stores and decide then.

Kidhuman
10-19-2004, 07:26 AM
OK, JJReason has this list up in the Canadian found and not found, hope this helps ya :

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=338802&postcount=521

Ook
10-19-2004, 12:00 PM
RS intitially reposted the pics of previous versions of OTC repacks as their OTC archive, but I believe they're finally up-to-date with it. It's a good place to look at the differences between the figs.

Actually I see that as of this post some of their pics are still not correct. But they have at least put notations next to each fig stated wether it was repainted or just a straight repack.

Basic Figures
OTC-01 __ Luke Skywalker (Dagobah Training) *New*
OTC-02 __ Yoda (Dagobah Training) *New*
OTC-03 __ Spirit Obi-Wan (Dagobah Training) *New*
OTC-04 __ R2-D2 (Dagobah Training) *New*
OTC-05 __ Luke Skywalker (X-Wing Pilot) *Repack*
OTC-06 __ Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight) *Repack*
OTC-07 __ Han Solo *Repack*
OTC-08 __ Chewbacca *Repack*
OTC-09 __ Princess Leia *Repack*
OTC-10 __ Darth Vader (Throne Room) *Repack*
OTC-11 __ Scout Trooper *Repack*
OTC-12 __ R2-D2 *Repack*
OTC-13 __ C-3PO *Repack*
OTC-14 __ Boba Fett *Repaint*
OTC-15 __ Obi-Wan Kenobi *Repack*
OTC-16 __ Stormtrooper *Repack*
OTC-17 __ Wicket *Repaint*
OTC-18 __ Princess Leia (Cloud City) *New*
OTC-19 __ Cloud Car Pilot *New*
OTC-20 __ Lobot (Cloud City) *New*
OTC-21 __ TIE Fighter Pilot *Repack*
OTC-22 __ Greedo *Repainted*
OTC-23 __ Tusken Raider *Repaint*
OTC-24 __ Jawas *Repaint*
OTC-25 __ Snowtrooper *Repaint*
OTC-26 __ Luke Skywalker (Bespin Gear) *Repaint*
OTC-27 __ IG-88 *Repack*
OTC-28 __ Bossk *Repack*
OTC-29 __ Darth Vader (Hoth) *Repaint*
OTC-30 __ Gamorrean Guard *Repaint*
OTC-31 __ Bib Fortuna *Repaint*
OTC-32 __ Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard) *Repack*
OTC-33 __ Princess Leia (Slave Outfit) *Repack*
OTC-34 __ Darth Vader (Death Star) *Repack*
OTC-35 __ Han Solo (AT-ST Driver) *Repack*
OTC-36 __ General Madine *Repack*
OTC-37 __ Lando Calrissian (General) *Repack*
OTC-38 __ Imperial Trooper *Repaint*

TheDarthVader
10-23-2004, 01:36 PM
Thanks for that list, vadersfist! I was going to ask the same questions about repacks vs repaints. I will be purchasing all of the repaints as I find them.

B.
TDV

PTF
10-23-2004, 03:04 PM
Thank you for all the replys.

Does anyone have a list of the Endor 4-Pack, Red Y-wing, etc. Thanks.

jjreason
10-24-2004, 01:49 AM
Welcome, PTF. I'm in the exact same boat as you with respect to what we collect. Here's the list of OTC figures that I consider "needs" for my collection. The rest are repacks - identical to their previous incarnations in terms of paint, sculpt, and accessories.

First off, the 7 new figures are no brainers: Dagobah Luke, R2, Yoda, Spirit Ben; Bespin Leia, TPCCPilot and Lobot.

The rest are as follows:

Luke X-Wing (suit is slightly different in colour, teeth not painted white)

R2-D2 (NOT the Dagobah one. #12 is "new" as he is missing the carbon scoring that he came with when released as part of the POTJ line)

Wicket (new paint application to light spots on fur, stitches on hood)

Jawas (nearly all new paint)

Tusken Raider (nearly all new paint)

Luke - Bespin (no red on face, less wash on fatigues)

IG88 (less rust than 4 pack version, more than original POTJ version)

Vader - Hoth (white "snow" application on Emperor's Wrath rehash from Imperial 4 pack)

Gammorean Guard (nearly all new paint)

Bib Fortuna (nearly all new paint)

Greedo (new wash on sleeves, grey boots as opposed to tan)

Snowtrooper (very tan coloured arms and legs as opposed to white on Saga release)

And that should pretty much do it. I'm also going to be picking up a Scanning Crew trooper as I never did manage to get that Falcon Case.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-24-2004, 01:47 PM
Thank you for all the replys.

Does anyone have a list of the Endor 4-Pack, Red Y-wing, etc. Thanks.
For OTC only:
*X-wing - different deco, no sounds
*TIE Fighter - same as 2003 KB exclusive, no pilot
*Darth Vader's TIE - same (I think) as POTF2, with Gunner Station Darth Vader
*Millennium Falcon - same mold (for the most part), new features
*Boba Fett's Slave I - repaint of Jango's ship, 300th edition Boba without firing missile
*Y-wing - repaint in new colors, same pilot from original release
*Jawa Sandcrawler - re-release of vintage in new colors, without electronics, with repainted Death Star Droid (as RA-7) and POTF2 Jawas (not OTC colors)
*Endor Ambush 4-pack - all old figures - POTF2 Wicket & Logray, POTF2 Han Solo in Endor Gear, POTF2 Imperial Speeder Bike with Scout Trooper, Saga Endor Rebel Soldier (bearded)
*Naboo Final Combat 4-pack - Episode I Captain Tarpals with new legs, Episode I Kaadu with new feathers, maybe new paint, Clone Wars Battle Droid in cream color, Episode I Naboo Royal Guard
*Imperial Trooper (not noted by JJR) - darker hair and eyes

Ook
10-26-2004, 01:49 PM
Greedo (new wash on sleeves, grey boots as opposed to tan)
Actually Greedo's paint is completely different this time. I think he may even be cast in a different shade of green. The stripe on his suit doesn't just have a different wash; it's a whole new green instead of yellow. The shoes are a color we've never seen. The belt is painted for the first time (silver). And the blast burn under his vest is a bloody red now.

His color scheme and paint job are finally as nice as this sculpt. :)

JEDIpartner
03-03-2005, 09:00 AM
Just got the Gamorrean Guard and Bib Fortuna from ToyWiz.com (ordered last Friday, I might add)!! I was not crazy about these sculpts as they first appeared but the new paint apps REALLY brought out how good these are. Sure, I would have preferred something a little more modern in the way of Bib's cloak but you get what you can get, as they say. Both are VERY nice...

OC47150
03-24-2005, 12:47 PM
I saw the OTC Jawa pair loose for the first time this past weekend at a friend's house. Nice repaint job, and I wish I would've picked up a pair. But I have several of the older POTF2 Jawas and can dirty them up myself.

I was selective on the OTC, buying just the new figures and faves of the older ones.