PDA

View Full Version : NECA Unleashes 'Cult Classics' in 2005!!

Beast
10-19-2004, 04:35 PM
From MovieManiacs.Net:

NECA unleashes 'Cult Classics'

Randy Falk of NECA gives us the inside info on their long awaited movie line.

To go along with our brand new look, some of our friends in the industry have been gracious enough to give us some brand new info to go along with it.

We started out on Movie Maniacs, then were the first to tell you about 'Now Playing', and now MovieManiacs.net is very pleased to introduce to you 'Cult Classics'

Here's the hard and fast info for those who just want the 411, read on for more details though.

NECA's movie line, comprised of figures from a variety of films, is going to be released of the banner of 'Cult Classics'. There will be not one, but TWO series released next year. They will be made up of 4 figures each. Series 1 will be released in the Spring, with Series 2 hitting that fall.

Now who's in it you may ask? People have been speculating like crazy lately, and I am very happy to be the one to tell you that a couple of big time fan favorites will be included in Series 1. First will be the scaled down version of NECA's 18 inch Jason Voorhees from Friday the 13th 7: The New Blood, a figure long awaited to be made in action figure size. This isn't just a simple re-working though. There will be some changes made to entice those who own the big guy to purchase the Action Sized version as well.

Randy wants fans to know though, that even though the line will contain the occasional re-working of a figure like Jason, this line will be made up of brand new figures, never done before by anyone else as well as some new takes on old favorites. Take, for instance, our second member of Series 1, Leatherface from the original 'The Texas Chainsaw Massacre'. While past versions of this guy have been made, NECA will produce Leather as you've never had a chance to own him, complete with Dinner Jacket and Makeup Mask!

Now that's just 2 of the first series NECA has planned, and although we'd love to tell you more about it, we're sworn to secrecy. Take our word for it though that the rest of Series 1 as well as Series 2, will be huge fan favorites. The line is called Cult Classics after all, a title which NECA takes very seriously, and intends on being the guideline for their choices on future series.

We felt bad about having to leave you in the dark on some of the other members of Cult Classics, so Randy let us also know that their Diorama boxed sets will also continue into the next year, and one we can't wait to tell you about is the Friday the 13th 25th Anniversary set.

If you think their recently released 'Halloween' set was great, then check this out. The set will be a combination of figures from films 1 and 2, featuring Mrs. Voorhees and her favorite boy. Speculate all you want for now; the set is still early in the design stages so check back with us for more details and a first look, as soon as NECA has their plans finalized.

Needless to say that 2005 is going to be another Landmark year for Horror Fans, and another great year for NECA!
Woo, New Blood Jason, Dinner Jacket Leatherface, and Pamela Vorhees w/ Sackhead Jason. Nice start, can't wait to see who else is in the line-up!! And the folks from MM.Net say that the other characters in the line-up have been ones that have been on people's want lists for ages. Woo!! :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
10-19-2004, 04:49 PM
That's good news.

I've got a list of what I'd like to see under this cult classic line...some sort of zombies. Someday, maybe.

I'm glad to see Leatherface and Jason are getting proper Neca treatment, but I'm hoping they get some licenses to do some stuff that's never been done before. BUB THE ZOMBIE!

Beast
10-19-2004, 06:39 PM
Some further information from NECA:

First I am happy to have shared this news with Russ and MM.Net first since we have history and Russ has been a big NECA supporter from the start.

"Cult Classics" will have a lot of new figures NEVER seen in toy form before from anyone. I gave this NEWS to Russ first last night on the phone before we even posted this on the NECA site. Russ also knows a lot more which he will stay quitet about until the time is right. Loyalty has it's rewards.

Now I have to say I am a little tired of some of the "scale" comments on here. As you know NECA did not produce Movie Maniacs - McFarlane did. Hellraiser was designed to fit in with Movie Maniacs "scale" because we knew thousands of MM fans wanted a Pinhead to display with the other Maniacs and there was never a Pinhead figure before.

When we designed FvJ we went a little larger for good reason. This was the horror team-up over 10 years in the making so we wanted the figures bigger and better then average. Something most of you do not realize is that by making the figures even 1" larger it makes a world of difference in production and decoration at the factories. Case in point look at the "electric blue" jumpsuit the McF Myers is wearing and compare it to the movie accurate color of the NECA Myers and the drybrushing on the figure.

The 1/2" - 1" difference in size makes a HUGE difference in the final product. So we are giving you more for the same money and some of you complain. Our Myers is the definitive version of Michael Myers in action figure form. For those who say he is too big I say the other figures that came before were too small. One last point many of you bought the excellent Hellboy figures from Mezco and they are even bigger then the FvJ and Halloween figures. See where I am coming from?

Anyhow you can expect 2 series of Cult Classics next year one in the Spring and one in the Fall. There will be 4 figures in each series and to kill another rumor - none of them will be Pinhead figures.

You know about 8" New Blood Jason, Jacket & Tie Leatherface, the F13th Boxed set. That is a lot of news so for now you will have to wait for more details. We have Pirates, Corpses/Rejects, and Sin City all coming before Cult Classics Series I so just hang tight and wait for images from Sin City - man do I love this series!!

Thanks
Randy
NECA
Reel Toys
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
10-19-2004, 07:19 PM
I really could not give a **** how their scale compares to movie maniacs. The way Neca is moving, collectors will be able to replace all inferior movie maniacs toys and make them into cult classics. There! No more scale issues!

EDIT-I would also like to see an alien from They Live along with Bub. That is all.

Hellboy
10-19-2004, 07:42 PM
I'm glad to see Leatherface and Jason are getting proper Neca treatment, but I'm hoping they get some licenses to do some stuff that's never been done before. BUB THE ZOMBIE!

Yeah I agree, some zombies would be great. Bub would make an excellent choice but I'm guessing that if they did do a figure from the Dead trilogy it probably wouldn't be from Day. :(

In addition to Bub I'd love to see Peter Washington and Flyboy from Dawn, The Tall Man from Phantasm and maybe even something real obscure like Jordy Verrill from Creepshow.

James Boba Fettfield
10-19-2004, 07:54 PM
Hey now, Bub did have a model (vinyl model, I think :confused: ) made before. This is my belief that a Bub market exists and that Bub will make an excellent figure. We could give him a gun, make him salute, and other Bub things! Bub with razor, Bub with phone, Bub with...Dr. Frankenstein two pack!

I can dream, right? :D

B'Omarr Monkey
10-20-2004, 03:43 PM
Yeah I agree, some zombies would be great. Bub would make an excellent choice but I'm guessing that if they did do a figure from the Dead trilogy it probably wouldn't be from Day. :(

In addition to Bub I'd love to see Peter Washington and Flyboy from Dawn, The Tall Man from Phantasm and maybe even something real obscure like Jordy Verrill from Creepshow.

Good choices, HB. I think they should put out a different zombie in each wave, starting with the one that Bill Heinzman played in "Night of the Living Dead," followed by the hero zombies from "Dawn of the Dead." Talk about cool army builders.

I really want to see the Nighbreed monsters rendered in plastic. I can't believe this hasn't happened yet.

I'd also like to see someone pick the ball that Sideshow dropped on producing 8" versions of the older classics, such as the Universal Monsters (as well as Dr. Frankenstein, Pretorious, etc.) and some of the AIP monsters like "It Conquered the World" and "I Was a Teenage Werewolf" and the Hammer versions of Dracula and Dr. Frankenstein. I'd pick up all of this sort of stuff in a heartbeat.

Hellboy
10-20-2004, 05:19 PM
I really want to see the Nighbreed monsters rendered in plastic. I can't believe this hasn't happened yet.

Yeah a Peliquin figure would be sweet as would the Dr.'s killer alter ego and of course Boone. I'd even buy that guy who looked like a cross between Jay Leno and the McDonald's Mac Tonight guy. :D

B'Omarr Monkey
10-21-2004, 11:35 PM
Yeah a Peliquin figure would be sweet as would the Dr.'s killer alter ego and of course Boone. I'd even buy that guy who looked like a cross between Jay Leno and the McDonald's Mac Tonight guy. :D

I always thought that Shuna Saasi was one of the coolest designed monsters.

I know someone is doing a figure of one of the nightmare demons from American Werewolf in London, but the site I saw it on didn't list what company.
I'd be all for the rest of the demons, the stages of Jack's decomposition, as well as figures of David mid-transformation and in final werewolf form.

The same goes for the Howling.

An Exorcist set with Reagan on the bed, with the two priests would be killer too.

Beast
10-22-2004, 01:41 AM
The company doing the Nazi Nightmare Demons is SOTA for their Now Playing line. They're doing all 4 versions of them. There's info on the specifics in the 'Now Playing' thread here on the forums. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

B'Omarr Monkey
10-24-2004, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the info, Jar Jar.

mrmiller
10-31-2004, 11:28 PM
I want a Bubba Ho-Tep or Shaun from Shaun of the Dead. C'mon, we get enough true horror fis, let's up the cheese factor. How cool would it be to have a Bruce Campbell Elvis or a Shaun with cricket bat and "some red" on him?

=MATT=

Beast
12-15-2004, 03:09 PM
More Info:

Toyfare Magazine brings forth some interesting new details.

No huge revelations, but as we were perusing the latest issue of Toyfare Magazine, we noticed a small article on Neca's Cult Classics.

It's been a while since NECA revealed the news to us, so we thought it would be a good time for a status update on the first series. Here are some of the finer points of the article.

-Series 1 right now is shaping up to be Jason from Friday part 7, Leatherface from the original TCM, and The Crow, Eric Draven, as well as a 4th undecided figure.

-Figures will be 7 to 8 inches tall with Accessories and a Diorama Base.

-Tentative plans are for 2 series of 4 figures a year, possibly around April and August.

-Though no definite plans are mentioned, NECA has strong interest in doing heavily requested fan favorites such as 'New Nightmare' Freddy, 'Sackhead' Jason, 'American Psycho' Patrick Bateman, and 'Donnie Darko's Frank the Bunny.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Hellboy
12-15-2004, 07:40 PM
and 'Donnie Darko's Frank the Bunny.

Now that is an excellent choice. If they did make him I'd love a Donnie figure to go with him.

I must admit though I'm a bit disappointed in the first series of figures. Not that they aren't cool characters I just thought this line was going to be focusing a bit more on the more obscure possibly unproduced horror characters instead of yet another rendition of Jason, Leatherface and Eric draven. I consider these characters to be a bit to mainstream to be considered cult favorites, with the exception of maybe Eric Draven, but then again I suppose you could make the arguement that any character based in the genre of horror could be considered a cult classic.

Beast
12-15-2004, 08:44 PM
Well, the Leatherface that is being done has never been done before. Since it's the 'Dinner Party Leatherface', where he's in the suit with the make-up mask. As for the Crow, I don't know what they could do that they didn't do in the Crow 2-Pack, but we'll see when we get more info. And a lot of people have been requesting a small sized figure of NECA's truely impressive Part 7 Jason 18" Figure. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
12-21-2004, 06:25 PM
Here's a couple of pictures from the latest Tomart's. The first one is a shot of the package, featuring the retooled Crow from the Crow 2-Pack. The other one is the design sketch and articulation/acessories guide for Leatherface 2. Love the look of the figure so far, especially the base. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
01-07-2005, 01:37 PM
NECA Updated today with some news about Cult Classics. Unfortunatly the Leatherface figure was moved to Series II, to give them more time to work on it. Likely to also remove the bad taste of Toddy's Texas Chainsaw re-make figures from retailer mouths. They also revealed not only the replacement figure but the 'mystery' 4th figure in the first series. :)

Cult Classics Series I:
Lineup Changes and the Mystery 4th Figure Revealed!

Unfortunately the "Jacket and Tie" Leatherface has been moved to Series II (September 2005) We want to take more time with this figure to make it the best Leatherface possible. We know that fans have been waiting a long time for a classic Leatherface that is movie accurate in the 7" scale and we want to deliver the definitive version of him. We will update you with in progress pictures as we continue to perfect your favorite chainsaw wielding cannibal.

By re-scheduling Leatherface we had an open slot in Series I which will be filled by the long awaited Mohawk Gremlin from Gremlins 2: The New Batch. We have wanted to release this figure for a long time and are pleased that he finally has a home.

Now for the big news - the 4th and final figure in Series I is the American Psycho, Patrick Bateman. Check out the first teaser image below and check back for more details on Patrick Bateman, his accessories, and news concerning an 18" version with the longest sound chip ever!
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
01-27-2005, 03:19 PM
We've got the first full details and pictures for Jason and Patrick Batman. Both figures look pretty darn tasty, I have to say. And even though I'm not a huge fan of American Psycho, the figure is pretty damn sweet. :)

Two Psychos from America

Here in the United States we offer many flavors of life. In many states the big city, the woods, farmland, and the suburbs may be just 20 to 30 minutes within the reach of eachother. As awesome and beautiful as that may be, it also means that different breeds of psychos and killers can be in two different worlds yet be so close to each other. One originally hails from the wooded areas of Crystal Lake, somewhere in New Jersey, while the other is just across the border in Manhattan, NY. How does one killer from Wall Street meet up with one from the forrest? Only in place: Cult Classics Series 1.

Below are the first full images of the Jason and Patrick Bateman action figures with their bases and accessories.

Friday the 13th: Part VII - The New Blood
Jason Voorhees
Fisrt time in the 7" format
Includes: Removable Mask, Machete, Axe, Spear and Crystal Lake Base w/ Tree Stump
Articulation: Cut Neck, Cut Elbow, Shoulders, Wrists, Waist

American Psycho
Patrick Bateman
An Action Figure First!
Loaded with Accessories: Knives, Axe, Briefcase, Nailgun, Videotape, Walkman, Apartment Floor Base
Articulation: Ball Jointed Neck, Cut Shoulders, Forearms, and Wrists
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-19-2005, 01:57 AM
Well, if Series I wasn't really your bag..... get ready to be blown away by Series II. Frankly I think I lost control of my mind, and other things, as the line-up was revealed. I'm shocked and stunned, happy to see figures that people have long asked for finally being produced. :)

Cult Classics Series 2: Do You Believe In Time Travel?
NECA/REEL Toys is proud to announce our full lineup of the Cult Classics: Series 2 line of action figures. Set to be in stores this September, this line up is sure to make fans head's turn. Boasting a cast of some first time characters and brand new sculpts, each figure will come with film accurate details, accessories, and their own base for display. Without further ado, here is the full lineup:

"Donnie Darko"- Frank The Bunny, featuring base and removable alternate head.

"The Texas Chainsaw Massacre"- Leatherface, featuring base and chainsaw

"Phantasm"- The Tall Man, featuring base, "The Ball", and 2 henchmen dwarves.

"New Nightmare"- Freddy Kreuger, featuring base and removable hat

Here is a look at Donnie Darko's Frank The Bunny!
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
02-19-2005, 11:41 AM
I'm glad for all the people who wanted a Tall Man figure. He's been a much requested one for awhile.

Now make Bub!

DarthQuack
02-19-2005, 06:24 PM
JJB

What have you thought of the MOTU new line being done by NECA and Four Horsemen?

Beast
02-19-2005, 06:43 PM
I haven't heard much about this. I know they were doing statues, but are they doing figures now also? Please point me in the direction of news. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-20-2005, 02:17 AM
Man. NECA's kicking some major bootay with their 18" figures. Patrick Bateman, Willy Wonka, Terminator Endoskeleton, and even Robocop. The prototype piccies of the Endoskeleton makes my heart go pitter patter. :)

http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=155&show_article=225

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
02-20-2005, 06:43 PM
Some more news out of NECA. The figures we've already heard about, but the Box Sets are the really cool figures. Especially the Friday the 13th and Highlander Sets. And Bubba Ho-Tep and Elvis!! Wooo!! :)

NECA: US TOYFAIR: Upcoming Cult Classics
Posted by adrian on Sunday, February 20, 2005

NECA's Cult Classics line was on display at the US ToyFair, with further figures announced, including Frank the Bunny from Donnie Darko heading up Series 2...

Series 2 will consist of:
Frank the Bunny
The leatherface dropped from series 1
New Nightmare Freddy
The Tall Man

Frank the Bunny will come with a second head, depicting Frank without the mask and the missing eye.

Ongoing, NECA announced that they have picked up the rights to Cult Movie Bubba Ho-Tep. if you've not seen this movie, I demand you see it, as it's brilliant. NECA are discussing a Bubba Ho-Tep and Elvis figue for Series 3

NECA will also be releasing a number of boxed sets. Whilst comparisons could be made with SOTA's Now Playing line, I think the 2 lines will compliment each other and fill a void left by Movie Maniacs.

September will see the reelase of a Friday the 13th Part 2 Boxed Set, with Jason and Pamela Vorhees, with the Vorhees shrine.

There will be a boxed Set from The Crow, depicting the final battle between Eric Draven and Top Dollar. NECA had prototypes at the US ToyFair, and they look pretty sweet.

Finally, October will see a Highlander Boxed Set, featuring Medievil McCleod vs Kurgen. I think that will please a lot of fans.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
02-20-2005, 08:02 PM
I'm glad for all the people who wanted a Tall Man figure.

Thanks. :D

And I'm with you, I hope Bub gets to see the light of day !
Although, I do believe Romero's films should get a line all their own but I'll take what I can get. ;)

Hellboy
02-23-2005, 01:30 AM
Whoa!! This line is really heating up. Frank the Bunny and the Tall Man in the same series, now thats what I'm talkin' about. Packing Frank with an alternate head is a cool move on NECAs part but to include "The Ball" and two of his "Lurker" henchmen with The Tall Man sounds almost to good to be true.

Beast
02-24-2005, 06:53 PM
Here's some new info and pictures of whats to come. Including the design sketches for both the Crow vs. Dollar Bill set and the Sackhead Jason w/ Pamela Vorhees set. The Jason/Pamela set is very very great looking. Love the alter!! :)

http://necaonline.com/toyfairnews5.html
http://necaonline.com/toyfairnews7.html
http://necaonline.com/toyfairnews8.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
02-24-2005, 07:24 PM
Those are just beautiful, Mr. Binks. Beautiful.

Beast
02-24-2005, 07:30 PM
Those are just beautiful, Mr. Binks. Beautiful.
They really are, arn't they. I don't really care about Crow/Top Dollar. But that Jason/Pamela set will go gread next to the Michael/Loomis set. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
02-24-2005, 07:42 PM
May Neca run McFarlane out of the movie figure making business with their future lines.

Stealing ideas, my ***. :mad: to you, McF toys!

Can't wait to see these things in store.

RooJay
03-08-2005, 10:22 PM
NECA is bomb diggity, yo! Every new item they announces just leaves me more and more amazed - even the stuff I have no interest in! It all looks beautiful, and this company is really putting McFarlane to shame. Good ol' Todd must be kicking himslef right about now.

Beast
03-08-2005, 10:53 PM
Considering the fact that Spawn.Com's message board has pretty much decided to ban the discussion of other companies figures from now on, yes..... he must be kicking himself. Especially after they basically claimed that Neca and Sota were stealing their ideas for their figure lines. :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

RooJay
03-08-2005, 11:51 PM
Sucks for them! :p

On the other hand, maybe this has been exactly what McFarlane needs. The company was practically founded on monsters and if you ask me, it's never really grown creatively. That is until now. Maybe McFarlane's Dragon's line (I know dragons are monsters but that one is more of a fantasy line in my opinion, and thus something different for McF), Conan, and the upcoming military line is the next step for them. Maybe now we'll finally get to see them branch out into a wider range of genres.

Beast
05-22-2005, 07:42 PM
Sorry for no updates in a long time. But it's worthwhile. Here's pictures of the upcoming Tallman, Leatherface, New Nightmare Freddy, and Frank the Bunny. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/MasterSplinter/Tomarts12.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/MasterSplinter/Tomarts13.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/MasterSplinter/Tomarts14.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v97/MasterSplinter/Tomarts15.jpg

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Hellboy
05-24-2005, 09:29 PM
Wow!! Those look fantastic, much better than I had anticipated. Initially I was planning on only getting a few of these but after seeing those shots put me down for the whole series. Thanks for the update Binks. :)

Sith Lord 0498
05-24-2005, 09:51 PM
Wow!! Those look fantastic, much better than I had anticipated. Initially I was planning on only getting a few of these but after seeing those shots put me down for the whole series. Thanks for the update Binks. :)

I had planned on buying the New Nightmare Freddy Krueger, but now I'm sold on Frank the Bunny and possibly the Tall Man (but not likely). I'm only picking up Patrick Bateman from Series 1.

Even still, they are amazing sculpts. Between "Cult Classics" and SOTA's "Now Playing" line, McFarlane and his "Movie Maniacs" have just been handed their a**es.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-04-2005, 04:15 AM
I dunno, something just looks slightly off on Leatherface and his mask. Maybe it's too full of color or something, but it just doesn't float for me.

i'll DEFINATELY be getting Frank for sure. I haven't seen the first wave yet in the flesh, but i'm really debating about getting the Crow and Mohawk. we'll see though. :crazed:

Beast
06-23-2005, 04:21 PM
Well, here's the first tease of something for Cult Classics 3. The Samara Morgan Boxset from The Ring. Comes with a well and TV base. Kick ***. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
06-27-2005, 02:06 PM
Here's the completed prototypes for the Friday the 13th boxset, with Pamela and Sackhead Jason. Really ove the look of the alter. And also completed prototypes of Tall Man, Frank the Bunny, NN Freddy, and Leatherface II. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Hellboy
06-27-2005, 03:36 PM
Man those do look great. The alter makes the Jason/Pamela set much cooler and getting a Lurker with the Tall Man as well as a sphere is great. I'm really liking what I see here across the board.

mrhat
07-07-2005, 12:29 AM
A Mini Review for Jason and Patrick...

Ok first off, YES the Jason is EXACTLY down to the last detail the same as the 18" one that came out last year. same weapons, same pose, just the addition of the base, which if you look on the back of the tree trunk says Freddy Lives (carved in of course) It is just 1 1/2 times smaller than its original version. Of course no sounds come out of him, and this version seems to be less bloody than the 18" version.

Patrick Bateman... The Amercian Psycho makes his action figure debut, in both the 7" and 18" versions, which are exactly the same. I only got the 7" version, for now. A few problems first off... The figure doesnt stand on its own without some very presise foot movements, which presents a problem because there is no peg for him to use. Second off, the newspaper base is REALLY PAPER glued onto the floor, very poorly. I tried to use sticky tack to keep him on the base, and he fell (again) and the paper nearly came off as a result. He has articulation in his hands feet and a ball jointed neck. He comes with a briefcase, 2 knives, a tape, a casette player, and an axe, as well as an alternate hand. The briefcase, is a waste, since his limited articulation has him hold it improperly with his elbow bent. and his other hand, which is msot suited for the axe, is not gonna hold it. If you can get this thing to stand, on the base, it looks very good. I am also looking foreward to Frank from Donnie Darko, and maybe the new nightmare freddy. NECA hoes a good job in the look of their toys, most notible, at least in my collection was in the Freddy vs. Jason 2 pack.

My thoughts on The Crow and Mowhawk...

The crow looks like the McFarlane one that came out with movie maniacs a few years back, with the addition of a cape and a base. Mowhawk didnt really need to be done bwcause the Grmlins line is already existant

Darth Jax
10-23-2005, 11:05 PM
picked up the jason and mommy two pack at suncoast today. haven't gotten a chance to open it, but it looks promising.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-24-2005, 12:59 AM
I dunno what to think about this, but Amazingtoyz has pre-orders up for the next wave of Cult Classics and it has the following:

Cult Classics
Series 3
JOHN McCLANE
(DIE HARD)

T-800
ENDOSKELETON

FLYBOY ZOMBIE
(DAWN of the DEAD)

BUBBA HOTEP

They also have a 12'' Frank the Bunny from "Donnie Darko" listed. Hopefully, this rings true as we've waited FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR too long for a John McClane figure. I just hope they get likeness rights. and yeah, i CANNOT wait for Flyboy!! :lipsrseal

2-1B
10-24-2005, 02:41 AM
Good call Guyute, I'm also looking forward to Fran's baby daddy. :yes:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-26-2005, 02:55 AM
well, then look no further than: http://www.necaonline.com/cultnews20.html

cos they got pics of Flyboy and Ho-Tep. and dare i say: Stephen looks AWESOME. They got his done perfectly, up to the gune he's holding. AWESOME.

2-1B
10-26-2005, 10:15 AM
Heck yeah they did him right ! Look at those eyes, that's awesome.

Hellboy
10-28-2005, 04:16 PM
Flyboy is a must buy, they nailed that one for sure. :thumbsup:

2-1B
10-29-2005, 01:22 AM
I'd be startled if I opened an elevator door and a life sized version of that fig were standing there. lol lol lol

LTBasker
10-29-2005, 03:32 AM
That's why you should always carry a cricket bat and a shotgun.

Cricket bat goes better with public places though. :p

I'm looking forward to the John McClane figure, no doubt if McF hadn't alienated his own line we would've had one by now.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-31-2005, 01:50 AM
AF.com talked to NECA over the weekend and they talked about series 3 and two more box sets:

"May will see the release of Cult Classics Series 4 and currently the line up is set to include:

Plaid Zombie from Dawn of the Dead

Bruce Campbell as Elvis from "Bubba Ho-Tep"

Classic Chucky from "Child's Play"

Those who love the boxed sets will be pleased to hear that two Cult Classics Boxed sets to accompany the series are due in 2006, one based on Highlander for Cult Classics Series 3 and a Seed of Chucky one for Series 4 (As Nomad said, "Now you can bring the family all together")."

source: Action-figure.com

2-1B
10-31-2005, 12:20 PM
Watching Day of the Dead last night, I was reminded that they really need to make a Bub figure to go with these other zombies. :)

But he needs proper articulation in his right arm so as to salute Rhodes. lol

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-23-2005, 01:13 AM
the NECA MySpace folks posted prototypes of Bubba Ho-Tep's Elvis and John McClane. Here are links to the pics as they're now on AF.com

http://www.action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=ImageBank&file=index&id=69894 (full McClane)

http://www.action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=ImageBank&file=index&id=69897 (McClane head)

http://www.action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=ImageBank&file=index&id=69895 (Bubba ho tep, elvis)

Awesome. I can't wait to see McClane painted and i hope they make his feet bloody, and surrounded by broken glass. :love:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-08-2006, 05:31 PM
Caesar and my fellow zombie brit fans, prepare to change your drawers. Bloody Disgusting posted this tidbit over the weekend:

Today we received a scoop that NECA will be making a Shaun figure based on Universal Pictures' Shaun of the Dead movie. The figure will be part of the Cult Classic Series 4. A man decides to turn his moribund life around by winning back his ex-girlfriend, reconciling his relationship with his mother and dealing with an entire community that has returned from the dead to eat the living.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-15-2006, 08:41 PM
New shots of Flyboy are up!! http://necaonline.com/cultnews22.html

I CANNOT WAIT to get this figure in late February. Hel'l join the ranks of his import Flyboy figure from overseas, Frank the Bunny, Marv, and countless others who grace my bookshelf. AWESOME. :love:

UKWildcat
01-16-2006, 01:15 AM
Good to hear that they are going to make Shaun. Hopefully they'll come out with Ed at some point. :thumbsup:

Flyboy looks real sweet. I'll definitely be picking up one of him. Have you seen the Bubba Ho-Tep figure. It looks pretty sweet too. Amazingtoyz has both of these ready for pre-order. AT Cult Classics (http://www.amazingtoyz.com/cult.html). You can check out the Ho-Tep figure there, if you haven't seen it.

Do you know of any other good online toy stores to order these and similar figures from? I don't have a retail store anywhere near me to buy these types of figures, so I have to do most of my ordering online.

James Boba Fettfield
01-16-2006, 11:00 AM
I preordered mine along with the T-800 CC and Sota's Land of the Dead figures & The Thing boxset from www.omgcnfo.com

They have good prices and free shipping if you order $55 worth of stuff which is why I went with them. Don't have the time to search the stores when these things all come out.

Hellboy
01-16-2006, 05:49 PM
I'm in the same boat as you UKW, I can't find any of this stuff at retail either. I'd have to agree with JBF about OMGCNFO. I've bought the majority of my Kill Bill and NECA figures from them and would definitely give them a recommendation.

Flyboy looks great BTW, I can't wait for that one. :thumbsup: Now we just need a Peter and Roger 2-pack to accompany him. :yes:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-29-2006, 11:04 AM
Got some more pics for you kids. AF.com posted a few pics of the ucpoming CC wave and here they are:

Flyboy: http://www.action-figure.com/events/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=10013

Ho Tep- http://www.action-figure.com/events/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=10015

McClane- http://www.action-figure.com/events/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=10019

T-800- http://www.action-figure.com/events/main.php?g2_view=core.ShowItem&g2_itemId=10023

I'm really liking this lineup. I don't plan on getting the Ho Tep mummy as I never saw the flick, but i'm definately getting the other 3. That Flyboy looks tasty.

and here are a few promo pics of Plaid Zombie and Elvis (ho tep) for CC wave 4. Both also look great. Yanked them from amazingtoyz.com. Cheers!

Devo
01-29-2006, 12:17 PM
Well I'm glad to see another Endoskeleton figure. I could never have enough of them. This one looks superior to McFarlane's one from a few years ago. McFarlane's, though leaps and bounds ahead of that old Kenner one, was full of really obvious inaccuracies* which have been corrected here. The only thing that looks a bit odd is the open mouth. If the jaw is articulated then fair play to them for the effort but I think it may be too tall an order for a figure of that size because the face pistons have to be oversized. Still, this would be correctable with a simple custom I imagine. And I think this one retains the ball jointed legs up at the hip like on the 18 inch figure which should allow for a very film-accurate pose. I give this figure top marks on these pics alone.

*for the anal amongst you - where McFarlane got it wrong:

-the plasma rifle became a plasma pistol (and a silver one at that)
-the chest plate was the wrong shape
-the midsection was too long
-the neck was recessed into the torso
-the 'collar bone' pieces were too straight across, they should have been diagonal, likewise the poles below these and the bars to the rear of the neck - these should have been more frontally visible
-the lower arms were too long and the bars should have been thicker close to the elbow
-the feet were oversized
-the fingers were the wrong length in relation to eachother

By buying multiples and by acquiring the gun from an AOSHIMA endoskeleton I was able to correct all but the chest plate through a major customising operation on a single Endo figure. I wish I had the computer know-how to provide pics. I also created super-realistic hands by painstakingly hollowing out the plastic between the finger pistons, changing the finger lengths and adding 'wire'.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-01-2006, 09:47 PM
The pics of Shaun have been posted and jesus. Amazing. So, Amazing. I'm pre-ordering all that crap, tonight. ASAP.

shot of the figure:http://www.action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=ImageBank&file=index&id=71146

close up: http://www.action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=ImageBank&file=index&id=71148 (you've got red on you.)

the base: http://www.action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=ImageBank&file=index&id=71147

I hereby pledge my undying allegiance to NECA. AMAZING. And even Simon Pegg chimed in about it, saying: ""What can I say? Fan-*****-tastic!!! It's been a dream of mine, to be realized in plastic since I purchased R2D2 for 99p at Debenhams, Gloucester in 1977. I'm thrilled to bits! Thanks (to NECA) for doing an ace job."

Cheers! :D

James Boba Fettfield
02-01-2006, 09:54 PM
I'm happy. I just hope the production run figures look as nice when they hit stores.

Hellboy
02-01-2006, 10:13 PM
Wow those shots do look good, they really nailed the likeness. Unfortunately I'll most likely have to pass since my funds are tied up in other areas at the moment and display space has become severely limited as of late.

UKWildcat
02-02-2006, 09:37 PM
Yea, those do look nice. I'll definitely be getting Flyboy and Elvis.

Okay guys. After your recommendations I went ahead and ordered several figures, totaling $65 from OMGCNFO. My credit card was charged immediately. A little odd, but this doesn't bother me much since all of the items were "In Stock" when I placed my order. The thing is, I placed the order over two weeks ago and I have not received anything. I have made multiple attempts to contact OMGCNFO and I get NOTHING. I have sent several e-mails the past week that have gone unanswered. I have tried calling both their Sales and Customer Service phone number and get NOTHING. One just rings and rings and the other goes to an answering machine that says it is full. At this point I am beginning to wonder if this company is legit or not?!??!?!? I just got through writing them another email asking them to cancel my order and refund my credit card. I mean, if I could atleast get a response from someone telling me that my order has shipped, where it is, a tracking number, an e-mail... anything, I wouldn't be so frustrated. But to give them $65 dollars over two weeks ago and hear absolutely nothing and have no merchandise, argghh!!! Very poor customer service. :mad::(:mad:

Anyways, are there any other companies/websites that you can recommend? The free shipping was nice but I'll pay a few extra dollars on shipping and merchandise as long as I receive it.

James Boba Fettfield
02-02-2006, 10:08 PM
Hmmm, my few transactions with them have been positive so far. Now I'm worried about those preorders I placed. Hope they're not pulling a Kebco.

There's www.amazingtoyz.com and www.bigbadtoystore.com

Outside of those two and OMGCNFO, I've not done any other online toy shopping.

UKWildcat
02-03-2006, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the other sites JBF. I've checked out Amazing Toyz before but not bigbadtoystore.

Well I FINALLY got a response today, after I wrote the e-mail telling them that I wanted my order to be cancelled. Here is the response I got.

Hello Jon,
I am sorry for the delay in shipping your order, we had experienced a malfunction in our shipping software and it delayed getting our orders sent. We have solved the problem and are working hard to make sure that all the orders are sent out as fast as possible in order to avoid customer delays. Again I am sorry for the delay and if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.

-S------ M------
OMGtoys.com

Of course there was no mention of them cancelling my order, which is what I requested. Oh well, hopefully I'll get my stuff. :rolleyes: I'll definitely be hesitant in ordering from them again and recommending them to others.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-03-2006, 09:06 PM
I go with OMGNFO figures from time to time, but their lack of updates on their website over the last few MONTHS kinda disturbs me. I mean, they don't have new Kill Bill figures yet? they've been out since november and are on sale on several sites. Plus, their SW is still on pre-order and we're nearly on the 3rd wave.

I go with amazingtoyz.com now, religiously. the other night after pics of Shaun came up, i took it as a reminder and ordered roughly 90 bucks in figures. Fast service, great packing, and decent prices. You can't beat that. :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
02-03-2006, 10:02 PM
Fast service, great packing, and decent prices. You can't beat that. :thumbsup:

Sounds good to me! :thumbsup: It is a shame that they don't have a free shipping offer. That would be a huge kicker.

How does OMG do on packing? I don't mind waiting another week now that I've actually heard from someone, but the main thing I am worried about now is getting damaged stuff. Do they usually pack their stuff pretty good?

James Boba Fettfield
02-03-2006, 11:08 PM
It's been awhile since I've ordered and received product from them (as I have all preorders with them now), but my last figure from them was the MM Robocop and I was content with the packing for it.

Then again, that was just a single figure so I don't know what it's like with larger shipments. Guess I'll be finding out in a few months.

Beast
02-11-2006, 04:00 PM
Neca's managed to finally aquire the rights to one of the Holy Grails for 'Horror Figure' collectors. They finally got the rights from Anthony Hopkins for his likeness, and he'll be included in Cult Classics 5!! :)

From Figures.com:

TF 2006- NECA Nabs Hannibal Lecter

Dinner with a mad man...

NECA’s newest addition to their popular series of Cult Classic figures includes the wisests – and craziest - of the criminally insane: Hannibal Lecter.

Though photos of the full figure were prohibited, the above "work in progress” (an unpainted head sculpt of actor Anthony Hopkins) was able to be photographed and shows the amount of detail this figure will have.

The whole figure - Hannibal in a white straight jacket on a hand cart with a removable mask – will be included as a 7” figure in Cult Classics Series 5 along with Medieval Ash from Army of Darkness, Jigsaw Killer and Saw Puppet on Tricycle from the movie Saw, and a boxed set of both Connor McCloud and the Kurgan from the film Highlander (other figures in Cult Classics Series 5 are TBD).

NECA plans to produce the above mentioned Hannibal figure in the 18” scale with sound at a later date and plans to release at least two more Hannibal Lecter figures over the next two years as well, though which specific version from the film/s are undecided.
http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=fignews2.setup&category=actionfigures&topic=155&show_article=323

James Boba Fettfield
02-11-2006, 04:32 PM
About time the figure is made.

Sith Lord 0498
02-11-2006, 04:48 PM
Lecter and Jigsaw?!?!?! Tell me I'm not dreaming!!! :shocked:

This is extremely good news. NECA's done an excellent job on their Cult Classics series so far. Their only dud IMO so far is the Tall Man, and that's because the face is a little bit too off for my tastes.

When is Series 5 going to be released? Is it even known yet?

Beast
02-11-2006, 05:19 PM
As many of you know, there was a Jigsaw and Saw Puppet figure set planned from Sota Toys originally. But Sota gave up the rights, which allowed for NECA to pick them up.

Before people start rumours...

SAW... no one pulled anything from us...we agreed to back out of the deal...Lions Gate and I could not see eye to eye on the Jigsaw resculpt.

We still have some Lions Gate licenses and our relationship with them is good ( as Im probably making some films w them)...I just didnt want to make the figure they wanted me to make. I guess I dont run this place exactly like a business...I could have held onto it and made some money but I would have put out something I didnt like.

NECA will do a great job on it and Lions Gate willl get exactly what they want. All will be right in the universe.

But wow..if NECA got the Hopkins likeness rights..im impressed...even more so I didnt hear about it through the grapevine. They sure are good at getting licenses.

Sith Lord 0498
02-11-2006, 06:59 PM
As many of you know, there was a Jigsaw and Saw Puppet figure set planned from Sota Toys originally. But Sota gave up the rights, which allowed for NECA to pick them up.

I thought SOTA had a Jigsaw slated to be made. I'm actually glad NECA got it instead only because SOTA hasn't been very good at keeping release dates with their "Now Playing" line. God only knows when we would've actually seen Jigsaw be released from them.

Beast
02-11-2006, 07:13 PM
According to Action-Figure.Com, one of those future Lector figures may be him in his jumpsuit in a 'Cell Diorama' set. No clue if they'll be able to get Jodi Foster's likeness or not, but given that they managed to secure Sir Anthony Hopkins, gives them a definate chance of getting just about anyone they want. By the way, all of the Lector figures and such will be from Silence of the Lambs, the license doesn't cover Hannibal or Red Dragon. :(

Sith Lord 0498
02-11-2006, 08:28 PM
By the way, all of the Lector figures and such will be from Silence of the Lambs, the license doesn't cover Hannibal or Red Dragon. :(

That's not really a great loss though. While Hannibal and Red Dragon were both excellent movies, the iconic Lector is the one from Silence of the Lambs.

UKWildcat
02-17-2006, 01:18 AM
The 'Shaun' from Shaun of the Dead CC's figure looks real sweet. He is on preorder from AmazingToyz with the others in the line. There is also a "Classic Chucky" figure from the original Childs Play. Not much of a pic, but it is bound to be a really cool fig.

Just to let you guys know... a little follow up...

That order that I placed with OMGCNFO FINALLY shipped today. Nearly a month later. I thought they would expedite the shipping, since it has been soooo long, but they didn't. Still shipped it, slowace ground... Oh well... As long as I get my toys, I'll be somewhat happy. It will be hard to order from them in the future but if I do and all goes well, I will be able to recommend them.. until then... stay away!!! :D

James Boba Fettfield
02-17-2006, 12:00 PM
I hope it works out well considering what's already happened.

I hate seeing them jerk you around after I said they were a good online store.

UKWildcat
02-23-2006, 09:04 PM
I just wanted to let you all know that I received the order (that I placed over a month ago) today. The package came well packed and all of the figures arrived in good condition. I understand that they did have a problem with their shipping software, which sucks, and that set the order back a lot. Given the major set back, I'm sure they are a good honest company. Their customer service is lacking but I could see how if everything went smoothly, they wouldn't need a lot of customer service. I'm glad the items I ordered were for myself, and not gifts, but I will try ordering from them in the future now that they have their shipping software fixed. Their prices are pretty good and the free shipping is great.

Now I just have to find room to hang these figs on the wall. :rolleyes:

arctangent
03-10-2006, 09:36 AM
i have heard that neca will be releasing a hellraiser 'engineer' as part of the cult classics line. in the original hellraiser novella, the engineer was what pinhead was called but apparently in the film it is the pupa like creature that attacks kirsty at the end. there is talk of it being a box set and including kirsty cotton. i hope this is true as i have long wanted a kirsty figure.

this is apparently neca's last hellraiser release before they start work on the scarlett gospels figures. looks like my wishes for a hellbound captain elliott spencer figure will go unfulfilled.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-21-2006, 12:57 PM
alright, so i got the figures i pre-ordered from amazingtoyz and they look FANTAAAAAAAAAAASTIC.

Flyboy- Ever since I got that rare, hard as hell to find set of the Dawn of the Dead figures Japanese import figures, i've longed for a proper version of everybody's favorite Fran shaggin' zombie and here he is. AMAZING. The package grabs ya, as it is bright yellow and shares the graphics from the DOTD poster. The zombie hands reaching out to you are a nice touch and they go on both sides of the package. The sculpt is fantastic and he's even got that awkward walk about him and the gun fits in that perfect position too (DOTD fans will know of what i speak). He's got that great dead gnawing experssion from the film too and the base is great too. From what i can tell (i have yet to rip my extra one open yet) has part of a corpse, some $$, and some objects from the door right outside the elevator. Zombie fans (i'm looking at you Hellboy, Caesar, and JBFF), get your a** to a store and get this figure, NOW.

John McClane- Pretty great figure and the Bruce Willis likeness is pretty great too. Really captures the young Bruce Willis and the painted on blood, chest hair, and pistol really give the figure a great look. He comes with a submachine gun and a rooftop base too. All they need to make is a Hans Gruber figure with "holy crap i'm about to plunge to my death expression" (you know of what i speak!) and a figure of Carl Winslo- I mean, Sgt. Al Powell, complete with twinkies and hostess cupcakes. He could come with a base of part of his car, so he can have part of his radio in one hand. Oh, c'mon NECA! DO IT! :thumbsup:

and lastly, for me, at least, the T-800. This one is pretty good too. He comes with an extra hand as to hold the machine gun. The sculpt is pretty sharp too and his face is still extra creepy. The base is also AWESOME too, complete with a stack of human skulls. I bought an extra one of this too and can't wait to open it.

go get'em!

2-1B
03-21-2006, 01:20 PM
Good review Guy, the Flyboy paragraph put a huge smile on my face. "Fran shaggin' zombie" ? Too funny. :D

That's awesome if they nailed the gun holding part of him, I'm impressed by that.

Ji'dai
03-23-2006, 11:39 AM
I saw Series 3 at both Suncoast and Spencers today. Bubba HoTep would make a good zombie cowboy. Apparently his base will fit together with Sebastian Haff (Elvis), due out in the next series.

James Boba Fettfield
05-26-2006, 06:28 PM
So...how's everyone doing in here? Some collected news from throughout the week or so.

Pics of CC Series 4 in package at Neca's site: http://necaonline.com/cultnews26.html

Some new pictures of CC Series 5: http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=139&itemid=9504

Notice they show Ash with two different heads...keep that in mind for a bit.

Also, Neca has updated their myspace with some big news bits:

Coming in June:
18" NN Freddy
Cult Classics Series 4

Now for some news and answers to questions you have been asking for the past few weeks:

News from E3:
This Fall we will release Resident Evil: 10th Anniversary Collection
We are going back to the roots of the franchise and the first series will include Chris, Jill, Hunk, and Zombie w/ Zombie Dog.
We are also launching a brand new series in the Cult Classics format but the licenses are from the world of video games instead of movies. Series 1 will include: Lara Croft, Kain, and Hitman. Expect prototypes at Comic-Con in July. We are planning Series 2 now and we would love to hear what figures/licenses you are interested in.

Texas Chainsaw Masscare: The Beginning Boxed Set
Yes there is a sequel to the prequel coming to theaters this October.
Yes we are making a boxed set based on this film.
I can't show anything yet due to the secrecy of the scene and the look of the character but let me just tell you that this set is brutal and incredibly cool. I can't wait until we are able to reveal all.

"V" For Vendetta
Yes we have this license and a 1/6 scale resin statue is coming and a poseable 7" action figure. I am very happy that we are making this figure from what is my favorite film of 2006 so far.

Comic-Con
6 weeks or so and counting...
This shows gets bigger every year and we have some great surprises in store.
We will be announcing some new licenses and we will be have some amazing new sculpts on display for the first time at this show. On top of that we have a killer lineup of exclusives including RPD Leon, Cannibal Jack Sparrow, NBX Pirate Jack, MOTU Evil Lyn, and set of 3 MOTU micro busts. Images of the final packaged exclusives will be available in the coming weeks.

In that same post user Carl asked about the Jigsaw figure from CC Series 5:

Why have two versions of Jigsaw instead of a removeable head, also Should the colors of the robe on the Pighead version be reversed Red on the outside with the black being inside?

Neca's reply:

The reason we are offering SAW as 2 separate figures is cost plain and simple. I am sure you have heard or read about how tough the retail climate is for action figures this year. Well the SAW figure is expensive to produce because of the puppet and the tricycle - he is actually the most expensive figure in the CC5 line so we could not pack in 2 different heads and 2 different hoods. We wanted to offer the PIG version so this was the only way we could do it. People can both both or the one they like best or none at all. It's all about choice.
Regarding the robe colors - we have reference that shows the killer in the PIG mask with both a red robe or black robe - we like the look of the black robe with red trim better so we went with that.

So maybe that means the Ash figure (based on the above pic) could have two versions as well. Uh...oh, I've also attached a pic of Hannibal taken from a larger advertisement that shows him with the other figures from CC5.

EDIT-

Just a bit of a story about ordering Series 5. I was a bit worried about the two Jigsaw figures being added to this lineup and how it would screw up my already existing preorder with Amazing Toyz. Good sirs, Amazing had a message up on their Cult Classics page about the 5th added figure and what people could do in light of this news. Not even five minutes after sending them an email I had received a reply letting me know the change had been made.

So there you have it, Amazing Toyz please never go out of business.

UKWildcat
05-29-2006, 03:28 AM
I'm pretty pleased with how Series 4 has turned out. I guess my least favorite would be Chucky, he looks too darn fake and cartoony and that hair (I know, he's a doll). I do think its sweet that he comes with his "Good Guy Box" though. I do like how they decided to name the Bubba Hotep Elvis figure Sebastian Haff, good touch there. Plaid Zombie and Shaun look good. I'll definitely be getting all of these.

Series 5 appears to be pretty sweet. So are they going to do the same thing with Ash as they did with Jigsaw? We can only assume? Since I am not an opener I kinda like the idea of having two seperate packages w/ different heads but then again, it all depends on the figure. It kinda looks weird to have a complete figure and then an accessory head to go along with it. I'd get both releases of Jigsaw and the Ash, if they decide to have two different releases of that one as well. I just hope they don't make a habit of this. That's sweet of AmazingToyz to adjust their orders and whatnot to accomodate that 5th figure (and what could possibly be a 6th with Ash). Thumbs up! :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to these! :D

James Boba Fettfield
05-29-2006, 02:28 PM
Yeah...those Amazing folks are great. After reading about your OMGtoys experience and what recently happened to me with them (I got a surprise last week when Flyboy and T-800 showed up in the mail since I wasn't expecting them for a few more months). It seems they changed the free shipping deal, so they sent out those two figures for $30 something total. Pre-ordering with them just didn't work out. Oh well, I only have to deal with them for two more items (LOTD 3 toys and The Thing boxset...whenever the heck SOTA decides to get that out).

I was beginning to wonder where the CC fans were at until you posted Wildcat. They revealed a lot of big news in that post from the V figure to their new video game branch of CC. I'm only excited for Hitman as I hate Tomb Raider and don't have an idea who this Kain fellow is.

UKWildcat
05-29-2006, 03:04 PM
Yea, the only one I would be interested in would be Hitman. Of course I'm down with the Resident Evil 10th aniv. lineup too. I think those will turn out good. I'd pass on everything Lara Croft and I'd assume that the Kain is the Legacy of Kain series. I have never played any of the games and I'm not real familiar with the series, but they could come out with some pretty cool looking stuff there.

Thats pretty cool that they got the license to V. I'm eager to see what is in the works. Same with the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

I have yet to order anything else from OMGtoys and I probably never will. Have you ever ordered from bigbadtoystore? If so, how was that?

James Boba Fettfield
05-29-2006, 04:10 PM
I bought a dragon figure from McF's Conan line and a Favre McF figure from BBTS. These were both in-stock items and they arrived in reasonable time.

My only criticism is that they seem to be a bit expensive with some of their items. The reasons I've purchased from them in the past is because they had items in stock when other online stores were sold out.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-18-2006, 07:37 PM
hello kids. Randy posted a bit about what to expect regarding CC at SDCC.

Re: Cult Classics/Horror Display
CC Series 4
CC Series 5
TCM: The Begininng Boxed Set
Highlander Boxed Set - watch for a sneak peek on Figures.Com this Monday
Shaun of the Dead "Winchester" 2 Pack
12" Chucky w/ Sound
12" Shaun of the Dead w/ Sound
Halloween "Evolution of Evil" 2 pack
and more

He also said not to expect any CC wave 6 info just yet. Expect it at Fall toyfair.

and seriously, WTF is that "Winchester 2-pack." If it's even an Ed figure, i might actually poo myself. I'm not even kidding. My guess, nay, HOPE, is that it's Ed and another Shaun, probably with the tie head band and shotgun, probably with a base of the bar. Yeah, definate pants soilage could happen. :crazed:

Darth Jax
07-18-2006, 07:45 PM
EE has the winchester 2 pack up for pre-order (without much info on it), but they believe it'll be a new shaun sculpt and ed.

UKWildcat
07-19-2006, 11:50 PM
and seriously, WTF is that "Winchester 2-pack." If it's even an Ed figure, i might actually poo myself. I'm not even kidding. My guess, nay, HOPE, is that it's Ed and another Shaun, probably with the tie head band and shotgun, probably with a base of the bar. Yeah, definate pants soilage could happen. :crazed:
That would be amaaaaazing!!! I may even poo a little bit too if we get an Ed figure.

Thanks for the updates.

Maybe this thread will wake up JBF from his slumber. :sleeping:

plasticfetish
07-20-2006, 04:49 AM
Photos here...

http://photos.actionfigs.com/showgallery.php?cat=1531

Nice!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-20-2006, 09:31 AM
Nice! the Winchester pack IS Shaun and Ed. Althogh, i wasn't expecting a zombie ed. still, awesome!! can't wait!

and i don't know if he's in the CC line officially, but links to the pics for V.

http://photos.actionfigs.com/showgallery.php?cat=1608

and c'mon PF, if you can post them at the NECA blog, why can't you share the love here?!!? :crazed:

UKWildcat
07-20-2006, 10:54 AM
Awesome!!! I would have preferred a non-zombie Ed but I'm not complaining. The set looks pretty damn good.

OMG, I absolutely love The Texas Chainsaw Massacre set.

I love the base on the Ash figure.

Thanks a ton PF!!! You have made my day. :D

plasticfetish
07-20-2006, 05:23 PM
and c'mon PF, if you can post them at the NECA blog, why can't you share the love here?!!? :crazed:Hah! (You saw that huh?)

Man... I'm already in love with that figure. I started a thread for it over at actionfigs.com (http://www.actionfigs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182) last night. (Gotta look over there too.) :)

NECA is really showing some great stuff. I can see where most of my money is going this next year. The Resident Evil figures are awesome! The fact that they're giving the brilliant MOTU stuff from the Horsemen a home is great... all of that Four Horsemen stuff is just perfect. The Highlander figures look really good... it's all good. Man... that Balrog is incredible.

Darth Jax
07-20-2006, 08:06 PM
they've had a lot of good stuff recently. i just wish i had somewhere local to pick it up rather than having to rely on etailers.

UKWildcat
07-20-2006, 11:47 PM
i just wish i had somewhere local to pick it up rather than having to rely on etailers.

You and me both

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-23-2006, 05:29 PM
Seems amazingtoyz is having a problem with their shipment.

I e-mailed them asking about where they were and this was their reply:

Actually that is completely understandable question. One which we're asking the same thing: where in the hell is our Cult Classics 4 shipment???

This is the most ridiculous delay we've ever experienced in terms of receiving product from any vendor, and unfortunately every time we ask NECA they can't seem to give us a straight answer. We do know they are on the water, so they could be here any day, which were truly hoping for.

On behalf of NECA we truly apologize for this situation.

so, if anybody else ordered from amazingtoyz, this is the deal. :whip:

plasticfetish
08-23-2006, 05:53 PM
I'm not sure if this applies, but there have been some pretty bad monsoons and serious flooding going on in the east. (My company lost a wearhouse full of merchandise that was due to be shipped.) It's always something. :ermm:

Ji'dai
08-24-2006, 04:56 PM
I saw Series 4 at Spencers today. Chucky looks like the best of the group. The Sebastian Haff figure was more wrinkly & much older than what I remember from the film. Shaun looked pretty decent, as did the Plaid Shirt Zombie.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-31-2006, 10:19 AM
Amazingtoyz FINALLY got their shipment. Should get my figures in a week or so. woo woo.

NECA is also discussing the 2 pack of Shaun and Ed and here is what their blog on myspace says:

We are very happy to see the positive feedback on the images that have leaked out from Comic-Con and Diamond. We are all huge SOTD fans here and working on this set and these figures was a blast! While we do not have the official details and images ready for release just yet I want to address some of the questions we have been receiving...

Everyone keeps asking about Ed's head(s) We have 2 Ed heads sculpted - regular human version and zombie version. The plan was also to include the zombie head as an accessory and the figure would have interchangeable heads. We knew that the flesh color of his arms and legs would not match but we thought the zombie head was too cool not to produce and producing a figure of Zombie Ed alone did not seem like a strong enough seller. I am not sure if the zombie head will make it into the final product because of approval issues and the discrepancy of Ed's arms, hands, and legs still being a regular human flesh color.
I will keep you updated on this situation as it develops. If we are unable to include the zombie head we will look at producing a zombie version of Ed for a future Cult Classics Hall of Fame series with a new base and accessories. For now here is what we can tell you about the Winchester 2 Pack

Shaun of the Dead Winchester 2 pack
Release - Jan/Feb 2007
Includes:
Bloody Shaun Figure featuring newly sculpted head, torso, arms, hands and comes with the Winchester Rifle
Ed - totally new figure with shovel, molotov cocktail, and possibly the video game controller
Also includes Winchester floor diorama base with tons of detail from the film!

The replies have been pretty good and many (including myself) are hoping for an extra Zombified Ed as a seperate figure in the future. That way, he can be bloody, and zombied out, etc. I'd buy two.

and attached is a pic. enjoy!

Ji'dai
08-31-2006, 12:34 PM
I saw the "Evolution of Evil" Michael Myers 2-pack at Spencers today. It features both the 1963 & 1978 versions of Myers. Looked like the clown face is removable from the 6-year old Michael.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-03-2006, 12:19 AM
Randy confirmed that the Ed's Zombie head will NOT be in the pack release, but later on with a new version of Ed. He said this on the myspace blog:

We have received word that the makers of the film do not want the zombie Ed head released in this set and would prefer a full zombie version of Ed to be released at a later date. So here is what will be included when The Winchester 2 Pack comes out in early 2007:

Shaun of the Dead Winchester 2 pack
Release - Jan/Feb 2007
Includes:
Bloody Shaun Figure featuring newly sculpted head, torso, arms, hands and comes with the Winchester Rifle
Ed - totally new figure with shovel and molotov cocktail
Also includes Winchester floor diorama base with tons of detail from the film!

We are looking at offering a Zombie Ed possibly in a future Cult Classics Hall of Fame Series later in 2007. The Zombie Ed will have the Zombie head, all new deco, new accessories including the video game controller, and a new display base.

Cheers! :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-27-2006, 06:23 PM
Phew, blowing the dust off this thread, eh! :crazed:

CC5 is out now and i'm currently waiting for the figures to arrive in the mail.

Randy did announce two new figures for next Spring. Taking this from his NECA myspace blog:

In Stores March
Jareth, The Goblin King from Labyrinth.
Yes an action figure with the likeness of David Bowie and this figure has to be seen to be believed. I can't wait to debut this figure for everyone to see as it is truly a thing of beauty.. Those lucky enough to catch a glimpse at Toy Fair were in awe.

In Stores April/May
Hannibal (Version 2)
This is an all new sculpt of Hannibal in his white outfit (splattered with some blood, of course) holding the stolen police baton in his right hand. This figure will also include the corner of jail cell complete with all the details seen on screen.

A second Hannibal sounds AWESOME. I can't wait! :thumbsup:

Jayspawn
11-01-2006, 11:33 PM
I finally got the 1st hannibal tonight! A guy at Spencer Gifts was nice enough to call me and tell me they were in.

I was disapointed to find out there is NO 2nd masked head but instead a mask accessory which is difficult to get on his head. The straps are brittle and hard to clasp. Also the bald spot on his head is a little cheap looking but passible enough.

Still a great looking figure but could have used a little more care from NECA for such a highly demanded figure.

Jayspawn
11-03-2006, 08:18 PM
Looks like we're getting Jareth the Goblin King (David Bowie) from Labyrinth next year! Wont be missing that one!!

Jayspawn
11-08-2006, 04:56 PM
Woohoo! Suprise at Hot Topic today! I found V from V for Vendetta. They had only one left and they said they were bought up pretty quickly.

Another awesome figure from NECA! The detailing on his outfit is incredible! They even painted his mask right too! But watch out, I broke one of his knives in half as soon as I got him out of the box. He doesnt come with a base unfortunatly, but his hat is removable!

Darth Jax
11-08-2006, 09:01 PM
picked up the latest series at spencer's. didn't see ash from army of darkness though. not sure about the pose with jigsaw, but the sculpt is a pretty amazing likeness. the pigmask version is really freaky.

Jayspawn
11-08-2006, 10:39 PM
That Pig Mask version of Jigsaw is sweet! I dont think I've seen that one yet. I forgot there was 2 versions and I've only seen the Tobin version.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-09-2006, 12:07 AM
I got my figures comign to me from my folks house in a day or two. Both versions of Jigsaw, Hannibal and Ashe. Can't wait!

I stopped at the mall last friday and my hot topic had 3 hannibals and an ashe. I figure due to the movie, all the Jigsaws were gone. :whip:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-14-2006, 12:39 AM
Got mine in the mail today; awesome! Both Jigsaws are awesome and Ash is great. Lecter is superb, but this second leg strap is a BEYATCH to get hooked on. I'm getting really really really PO'd about it. :whip:

plasticfetish
11-14-2006, 03:44 AM
Spotted a bunch of these at Spencer's today... they all look good. Didn't pick any of them up this time, but I'll probably go back for Lecter later. :thumbsup:

jonthejedi
11-14-2006, 04:04 AM
I only picked up Hannibal last Sat. at Spencers. Sweet sculpt...espec. under lighting like they used for photo. Waiting for Lost now from Todd McF.

Darth Jax
11-14-2006, 10:08 AM
Got mine in the mail today; awesome! Both Jigsaws are awesome and Ash is great. Lecter is superb, but this second leg strap is a BEYATCH to get hooked on. I'm getting really really really PO'd about it. :whip:

i ended up getting the belt buckled, at least i thought i did, only to have it come undone the minute i let go of it. it took me like 30 minutes to end up getting it fastened and by that time i was nearly ready to just trash the dang thing.

to get his mouth guard on, i undid the straps that went behind his head, rather than trying to slip it over his noggin. those seemed to be easier to get back into place than the belt was.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-14-2006, 10:39 AM
i ended up getting the belt buckled, at least i thought i did, only to have it come undone the minute i let go of it. it took me like 30 minutes to end up getting it fastened and by that time i was nearly ready to just trash the dang thing.

to get his mouth guard on, i undid the straps that went behind his head, rather than trying to slip it over his noggin. those seemed to be easier to get back into place than the belt was.

oh, the mouth guard was not a problem at all, it just took me a minute to get that top one hooked on; that one strap is still giving me HELL. I am going home next week for Thanksgiving and I might have my mom try it who has small hands. That or my friend; she has the smallest most adorable carnie hands ever. One of them should be able to get it. :thumbsup:

Jayspawn
11-14-2006, 10:47 AM
That extra strap Hannibal comes with is a pain. I still cant get it on! I thought about boiling it in water to soften it up then trying it out.

I got Hannibal's mask on alright but I wont dare take it off now.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-14-2006, 01:22 PM
Allah be praised: I finally got it! The key is just to get that first one in there, it gives you an crapload of leverage and makes the second hole MUCH MUCH EASIER. I just sorta pinned down the hole side and then tried to jam it in there....that sounds dirty. But you get my drift. You might want to try tweezers once you get the first hole in there; trying them two a the same time is hell. don't try it.

and i've had no trouble with his mask. Must be lucky on that one. :thumbsup:

Darth Jax
11-14-2006, 02:26 PM
what's up with the lighter patch on the back of lecter's head?

El Chuxter
11-14-2006, 02:53 PM
When will they be producing Sloth, Harry, and Johnny 5?

mrhat
11-18-2006, 01:54 AM
Picked up Hannibal, Medeval Ash, and Human Jigsaw figs today at Spencers. They did their toys weird in the sense that some are on a pillar in front of the register and the rest are on the regular shel;f where they always were. So of course I saw the regular shelf first, and got bummed because all they had were a bunch of jigsaws and a chucky, but no ash or hannibal, picked up the only human jigsaw (is that one rarer than the pig one, because there were 10 or so pigs and a lone human version) Then i spotted more figures (leatherface, freddy, crow, jason) and as i looked up, there was a few hannibals and the last ash, woo! Also got V from Hot Topic, it was hidden behind a Pirates of the C hammerhead lookin figure, so all i really need now is Shaun (should have gone to the mall more often huh?)

jonthejedi
12-15-2006, 04:35 AM
I picked up the Neca Highlander Medieval Box Set at my local Spencers recently...beautiful piece! This has to be one of the better sculpts of Chris. Lambert as Conner I've ever seen(even better than 12" Sideshow).

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-15-2006, 11:12 AM
Prototype shots of Jareth the Goblin King are up at BBTS. NECA has said these aren't final shots and they do have better shots up at their myspace page. BBTS: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=NEC10482&mode=retail&picture=out

NECA's page: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=21250005&MyToken=3701a561-44f1-41c1-a38a-d768fd91876e

I don't care for the flick, but that's a good Bowie likeness. :thumbsup:

Jayspawn
01-07-2007, 09:55 PM
Labyrinth is f'n sweet! Bowie rules! I'll be getting it for sure.

UKWildcat
01-08-2007, 09:27 PM
That Bowie is pretty sweet. :yes: :thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-02-2007, 07:57 PM
Promo shots of the new Lecter are up; lookin' VERY VERY AWESOME. :thumbsup:

Also, have a promo shot of the Resevoir Dogs, which are CC officially, but i'm including them here for kicks. Enjoy!! :D

Sources: NECA's myspace and AF.com

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-12-2007, 07:44 PM
Randy chatted about the future CC waves on the myspace blog.

Cult Classics 6 (Sept/Oct)
S-Mart Ash
David (Lost Boys) - could be a 2 pack or single carded
Michael (Lost Boys) - could be a 2 pack or single carded
Figure 3 and or 4 - TBD

We have 2 more Dawn of the Dead figures completed plus we are working on some more new CC figures and possibly more Highlander so there are many options for rounding out the CC6 lineup. They won't be out until September/October so we have time to plan and assemble the best follow-up to the very popular CC5.

Cult Classics Hall of Fame (Summer)

SAW - yes there will be a variation on Jigsaw and no it is not the CC5 with both heads. It may be a SAW 2 version of Tobin Bell or it may be something else entirely. We have at least 2 variations on SAW ready and details and release plans are still being determined. SAW was the most popular figure from CC5 and retailers & fans want more so we're going to deliver.

Zombie Ed - yes a single carded release of Ed in Zombie form is planned.
He will have the Zombie head, a new biten arm, all new Zombie deco, shackles, and a new base.

Figure 3 - TBD

Figure 4 - TBD

Really excited for: Zombie Ed, Jigsaw (curious about what version we're getting), S-Mart Ash (!!!), and while I haven't watched the LOST BOYS in years, i'm kinda happy they're out there cos they've been requested for years. I'll have to rent the DVD and see if the figures are worth getting. oh yeah: TWO MORE DAWN OF THE DEAD FIGURES!!!!!!!! So uber excited to find out who we get. I'll post more info when its' out. :thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
03-30-2007, 04:37 PM
A pic of Zombie Ed is up!! Lookin' AWESOME!!! :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
03-31-2007, 07:43 PM
OH, HELL YES!!! That looks amazing! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

2-1B
03-31-2007, 09:46 PM
He's got red on him. :D

Beast
05-31-2007, 06:16 PM
Who here's the DotD fan again? Just figured I'd note..

The Hari Krishna Zombie is coming and will be joining the ranks of Cult Classics 6.

Rob Zombie's Halloween Michael Myers will be released on his own and the revised CC6 lineup is:

David (Lost Boys)
Michael (Lost Boys)
S-Mart Ash (Army of Darkness)
Hari Krishna Zombie (Dawn of the Dead)
Randy also says that if Krishna Zombie does good, Roger in bed will be next.

plasticfetish
06-01-2007, 02:25 AM
Hari Krishna Zombie... NICE!!!

(BTW Beast, Welcome back from wherever you've been hiding.)

Beast
06-01-2007, 03:42 AM
Hari Krishna Zombie... NICE!!!

(BTW Beast, Welcome back from wherever you've been hiding.)
Thanks. Nice to be back. RL just sucked for a while. :)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-28-2007, 10:57 PM
NECA has posted new pics of wave 6 of CC!! (the ones released a few weeks ago were smaller). I'm posting the regular pics without their backgrounds. head here to see those: http://www.necaonline.com/article/detail/121 For regular pics, I just attached them along with the first pics released!

I've already got Ash on order as well as two of the Hari Krishna zombie figures. I haven't seen The Lost Boys in ages, so i'm holding off on those two for now. I'll try to rent it and see if I enjoy the flick these days. For now, they're lookin' good! :thumbsup:

mm74md
07-19-2007, 04:42 PM
Anyone fine the Shuan Winchester 2-Pack yet? I usually get my Cult Classics from Suncoast, but haven't seen this one yet

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-19-2007, 06:17 PM
Anyone fine the Shuan Winchester 2-Pack yet? I usually get my Cult Classics from Suncoast, but haven't seen this one yet

I got my Winchester two pack, but it was through Amazing Toyz.com. I haven't seen it in stores yet, but then again, I haven't hunted for figures in months. :thumbsup:

Beast
08-03-2007, 12:18 AM
Big news. Apperantly NECA has picked up the Conan movies license.

Great news for fans of the films. And yes, it apperantly include's Arnie's likeness.

Hopefully we'll get an 18" talking Conan. "To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!" :D

General_Grievous
08-03-2007, 01:32 AM
NECA's just snapping up licenses left and right now. Too bad they lost two good ones to Mezco: "Heroes" and "The Goonies". We could have had a talking Sloth if NECA got the line.

Beast
08-03-2007, 01:37 AM
NECA's just snapping up licenses left and right now. Too bad they lost two good ones to Mezco: "Heroes" and "The Goonies". We could have had a talking Sloth if NECA got the line.
At least we would have had figures that look like the movie Goonies.

Instead of those horrible cartoonish figures that Mezco is making. :(

RooJay
08-03-2007, 03:26 AM
I'm wondering why it seems as though the studio had seemingly been aggressively pushing the Conan movie license now after so long? First Sideshow and now NECA. I mean, not that I'm not happy to finally have them, but it's got me wondering if they might not be testing the waters to see if there's still interest in the franchise. I recall there having been quite a lot of talk in recent years about a new Schwarzeneggerless movie. Cool news either way! Hopefully they do Wilt Chamberlain and Grace Jones!

Beast
08-03-2007, 10:47 AM
As long as they do James Earl Jones, I'll be quite happy. :D

General_Grievous
08-03-2007, 12:40 PM
At least we would have had figures that look like the movie Goonies.

Instead of those horrible cartoonish figures that Mezco is making. :(

Well Sloth doesn't look too bad, but Mezco does often screw up their human figures. They do great with cartoons like Family Guy and South Park, though.

Beast
08-03-2007, 05:14 PM
Big news.

Guillermo Del Toro just announced on his board that Neca has aquired the rights to do Pan's Labyrinth merchandise, including action figures!!

I'll definatly get The Faun and The Pale Man if they do them both. :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-03-2007, 11:11 PM
Big news.

Guillermo Del Toro just announced on his board that Neca has aquired the rights to do Pan's Labyrinth merchandise, including action figures!!

I'll definatly get The Faun and The Pale Man if they do them both. :D

I heard rumors of this before I went to work and I gotta say: SWEEEEEEEEEEEET BABY JESUS YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Pan and PM WILL BE MINE. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-17-2008, 10:48 PM
Pics from TF of new Cult Classics waves including:
- Sam from "Trick R Treat" (which isn't out yet)
- Beetlejuice
- Regan from "The Exorcist" in her crab walk scene
- Machete from GRINDHOUSE
- Stuntman Mike from GRINDHOUSE.

http://tf08.figures.com/showgallery.php?cat=587

No word yet on the PL figures. But still, these look GREAT. I read there will possibly be three Beetlejuice figures!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Beast
02-17-2008, 11:37 PM
Eat it McFarlane. All those years ago, they said The Exorcist was impossible. :cool:

It also says over at Figures.com there will be a Deluxe Regan in her bed with a spinning head and voice chip! Now if only they could include shooting pea soup. :D

General_Grievous
02-18-2008, 02:16 PM
I'm lovin' the Beetlejuice figure. Didn't they come out with Beetlejuice figures about six-seven years ago?

Jayspawn
02-24-2008, 10:46 PM
I'm most excited about Machete and Stunt Man Mike.

"Now that was fun! Well, audios!"

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-25-2008, 12:36 AM
NECA has been quiet on their blogs for the last several months, alienating and peevin' many fans, myself included.

However, in related news, AMOK TIME is unleashing a few ROMERO zombie figures.

Bub, which is available now, can be found here: http://www.amoktime.com/detail.asp?product_id=at002069&subcat=726

Dr. Tongue, who will be released in early 09, can be found here: http://www.amoktime.com/detail.asp?product_id=at002236&subcat=726

I got Bub in the mail and he is FANTASTIC. I can't wait to get Dr. Tongue and i've already e-mailed AT and told them to keep up the good word and hopefully release more Romero related 7'' figures.

In CC related news: i do have Stuntman Mike, Beetlejuice, and Regan, both bloody and non-bloody. Supposedly, the boxset is due out next year, but since NECA has blogged in months, nobody knows.

But I did want to pass along the Romero zombie figures to any interested parties. :thumbsup: