PDA

View Full Version : when is toyfair 2002?

derek
12-27-2001, 01:58 PM
is it in february? is this where hasbro will reveal the episode 2 line?

SirSteve
12-27-2001, 02:18 PM
February it is... it is unknown if they will display the E2 line yet. As soon as I know, it will be posted.

Oh, and yes, SSG will be there regardless!

derek
12-28-2001, 10:13 PM
at toyfair 1999, (in february?) did hasbro preview the episode 1 line then?

SirSteve
12-29-2001, 12:27 AM
Yes, but no photos were allowed to be taken. It is unknown yet if this will be the case at the 2002 Toy Fair.

derek
12-29-2001, 12:01 PM
do you remember when hasbro officially revealed the episode 1 line with official photos? was it a "toy magazine exclusive"? how close to the films release was it?

i didn't have a computer in 1999, and i first remember seeing the photos of the figures in "toyfair magazine", but i don't remember when that was.

SirSteve
12-29-2001, 01:55 PM
The never publicly revealed them in any way... they just started showing pics here and there after Midnight Madness.

derek
12-29-2001, 05:02 PM
thanks for the replys. hopefully you'll do what we've been begging for if they snub you and other reporters at toyfair.:)

kit fristo
12-29-2001, 06:39 PM
sir steve isnt hasbro going to show any pics of the ep2 line at toyfair???????????
anyway can u please please show us an arena anakin...........

i beg you...

the kit:cry:

SirSteve
12-29-2001, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by kit fristo
sir steve isnt hasbro going to show any pics of the ep2 line at toyfair???????????
anyway can u please please show us an arena anakin...........

i beg you...

the kit:cry:

Please read post #4. I cannot show ANYTHING Hasbro E2 related at this time...

kit fristo
12-29-2001, 06:56 PM
sit steve do you have anything hasbro related. if so what do you have????????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

master jedi
12-29-2001, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by kit fristo
sit steve do you have anything hasbro related. if so what do you have????????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Lets see.....there's a little something called star wars action figures.:crazed:

derek
12-29-2001, 08:18 PM
sir steve posted a while back that he had photos of the episode 2 line, but wasn't posting them because hasbro is threatening to revoke entrance to toyfair 2002 if he does. he hasn't told us what he's seen, just that he has. hopefully hasbro will honor his restraint and let him snap away at toyfair.:) if not, hopefully sir steve will retaliate and post the photos he does have.

i can understand hasbro probably is being strict because of lucasfilm. what i don't understand is the lunacy of this secrecy. a good example is lucas film releasing the novel and comics of episode 1 a full 3 weeks before the movie opened. anyone who wanted to know, knew what was going to happen. if they are going to be so secretive, then they should go all the way.

Jargo
12-29-2001, 08:56 PM
But the episode two books aren't scheduled for release until June of 2002 Derek. At least the incredible cross sections and visual dictionary aren't. I can't speak for the novellisation but I would imagine it falls into the same time frame for release, perhaps a little earlier just after the film opens in may.

Sirsteve doesn't want to lose his entry into toyfair 2002 so why would he risk posting images that would infuriate Hasbro? We all want to see the pics, the toyfare pics will be worth not seeing the leaked ones for. The toyfair pics will be better quality for a start.
Plus there'l be classic figures and product too. I for one want to see that desperately having seen a few listings around the net for upcoming stuff. So I don't want to see SirSteve become 'SirSteve: licence revoked'. And then miss out on some great pics because we were too impatient.
It's only five minutes since we were all clamouring for pics of R4-M9 and BoShek and Teebo back in September or whenever. It's only two months 'til Toyfair, surely we can all wait that long? :)

derek
12-29-2001, 09:13 PM
in regards to the books, i was refering to the episode 1 books. i'll take your word on the EP 2 book release dates. i too don't want sir steve in trouble, i just think hasbro should reward his generosity in not revealing their product unofficially by allowing him extensive coverage of the EP 2 stuff in feb.

Jargo
12-29-2001, 09:25 PM
It's a nice thought but hardly likely to work that way. I think Hasbro probably feel that allowing anyone a glimpse of anything is too much. They can't even bring themselves to update their own website properly half the time. And these pics they send out to webmasters are so small you can't see the product properly anyway!

The book thing I wasn't being funny about. There was a report just yesterday that some company somewhere - possibly amazon.com - is taking pre-orders for the two books which will retail in June. I didn't make it up honest. :)
And I knew you were talking about the episode one books and why you were referencing them. You mentioned the tightened security over episode two so I cited the books to show that yes, the security is tighter all round. :)

GNT
12-29-2001, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by SirSteve
February it is... it is unknown if they will display the E2 line yet.

On the offical website they said the EP2 figures would we seen at Toy Fair

Does he really have pictures(?),if he does he should prove it!I'm not doubting him but we need proof :)

kit fristo
12-29-2001, 11:34 PM
u tell them gnt. i agree.
clonetroper.:eek:

SirSteve
12-30-2001, 09:29 AM
Let me rephrase... Hasbro will have the E2 toys at Toy Fair but I am not sure if they will be allowed to be photographed.