PDA

View Full Version : A total geek's "knock-out" fest: "Who would win in a fight if...?"

Tycho
10-21-2004, 03:32 AM
Alright, post your decisions and then we'll move on to higher rounds:

Who would win in a fight?

Star Wars rounds:

1) Darth Maul vs. Count Dooku

2) Darth Vader vs. Darth Sidious

3) Qui-Gon Jinn vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi

4) Yoda vs. Mace Windu

5) Luke Skywalker vs. Han Solo

6) Lando Calrissian vs. Chewbacca

7) Boba Fett vs. Jango Fett

8) Aurra Sing vs. IG-88

9) Durge vs. Bossk

10) Princess Leia vs. Padme Amidala

Star Trek Rounds:

1) Capt. Archer vs. T'Pol

2) Xindi Reptillian vs. Vossk

3) Captain Kirk vs. Spock

4) Klingon vs. Romulan

5) Captain Picard vs. Data

6) Q vs. The Borg

7) Captain Sisko vs. Worf

8) Gul Dukat vs. The Founder

9) Captain Janeway vs. Tuvok

10) Species 84972 vs. the Hirogen Hunters

Transformers

1) Optimus Prime vs. Jetfire

2) Megatron vs. Starscream

3) Ultra Magnus vs. Ironhide

4) Shockwave vs. Galvatron

Superheroes

1) Superman vs. Lex Luthor

2) Batman vs. Joker

3) Catwoman vs. Poison Ivy

4) Spider-man vs. Doctor Octopus

5) Wolverine vs. Magneto

6) Rogue vs. Mystique

7) Lana Lang vs. Lois Lane

8) Dr. X vs. Neo from "The Matrix"

9) The Hulk vs. Bane

Horror-Sci-Fi Shockers

1) Dracula vs.Wolfman

2) Mummy vs. Frankenstein's monster

3) Alien vs. Predator

4) Freddy vs. Jason

5) The Terminator vs. T-1000

6) The Ghostbusters vs. Men in Black

7) Van Helsing vs. Michael Myers

8) Spawn vs. Blade

9) The Crow vs. Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Action-Adventure heroes

1) Indiana Jones vs. James Bond

2) The A-Team vs. Miami Vice

3) Billy The Kid's Regulators vs. Wyatt Earp, his brothers, and Doc Holiday

4) Mad Max vs. The Mariner from "Waterworld"

5) Stormshadow vs. Snakeyes

6) Duke vs. Cobra Commander

7) Scarlette vs. Baroness

8) Sgt. Slaughter vs. Destro

Giants

1) Godzilla vs. King Kong

2) the Rancor vs. the Sando Aqua Monster

3) Unicron vs. Fortress Maximus

4) Metroplex vs. Trypticon

5) The Stay-Puft Marshmellow-Man vs. The Blob

You have to vote in every round for this to work. Just guess or consult a psychic or a Magic 8-ball if you don't know the answer. The talking Yoda figure will work as well.

Voting for this round will close on Saturday as of mid-nite.

May your favorite characters from each genre win....

Exhaust Port
10-21-2004, 06:30 AM
Star Wars rounds:

1) Count Dooku

2) Darth Vader

3) Obi-Wan Kenobi

4) Yoda

5) Luke Skywalker

6) Chewbacca

7) Jango Fett

8) IG-88

9) Bossk

10) Princess Leia

Star Trek Rounds:

1) T'Pol

2) Xindi Reptillian

3) Spock

4) Klingon

5) Captain Picard

6) Q

7) Worf

8) The Founder

9) Tuvok

10) the Hirogen Hunters

Transformers

1) Optimus Prime

2) Megatron

3) Ultra Magnus

4) Galvatron

Superheroes

1) Superman

2) Batman

3) Catwoman

4) Spider-man

5) Magneto

6) Rogue

7) Lois Lane

8) Dr. X

9) The Hulk

Horror-Sci-Fi Shockers

1) Dracula

2) Frankenstein's monster

3) Alien

4) Freddy

5) T-1000

6) The Ghostbusters

7) Van Helsing

8) Spawn

9) The Crow

Action-Adventure heroes

1) James Bond

2) The A-Team

3) Wyatt Earp, his brothers, and Doc Holiday

4) Mad Max

5) Snakeyes

6) Duke

7) Baroness

8) Destro

Giants

1) Godzilla

2) the Rancorr

3) Unicron

4) Metroplex

5) The Stay-Puft Marshmellow-Man

stillakid
10-21-2004, 08:15 AM
Who would win in a fight?

Star Wars rounds:

1) Darth Maul vs. Count Dooku: Dooku (Maul is too rash)

2) Darth Vader vs. Darth Sidious: Vader (Sidious isn't a Force user really)

3) Qui-Gon Jinn vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi: Obi Wan (could kick the old man's arse)

4) Yoda vs. Mace Windu: Yoda (how could you beat a frog on a hotplate?)

5) Luke Skywalker vs. Han Solo: Han (Wha!? They like each other.)

6) Lando Calrissian vs. Chewbacca: Chewy (duh)

7) Boba Fett vs. Jango Fett: Boba Fett (though both are now official pu**ies, they could b**chslap each other til one falls down)

8) Aurra Sing vs. IG-88: IG-88 (takes a licking and keeps on ticking)

9) Durge vs. Bossk: Durge (didn't you see the cartoon?)

10) Princess Leia vs. Padme Amidala: Leia (strong willed cold hearted woman vs. a Stevie Nicks wanna-be)

Superheroes

1) Superman vs. Lex Luthor: Superman (until the "curse" catches up with him)

2) Batman vs. Joker: Batman (Joker always loses)

3) Catwoman vs. Poison Ivy: Catwoman (but who cares? They both look great in skin tight outfits...that's worth the price of a ticket!)

4) Spider-man vs. Doctor Octopus: Spidey (of course)

5) Wolverine vs. Magneto: Wolverine (he slices, he dices, he makes Julienne fries)

6) Rogue vs. Mystique: draw (two more hotties...do they get to wrestle in the mud too?)

7) Lana Lang vs. Lois Lane: Lois (see mud above)

8) Dr. X vs. Neo from "The Matrix": X (Neo is a fraud...and for christ's sake, open your mouth when you talk)

9) The Hulk vs. Bane: Hulk (cuz I don't remember who Bane is)

Horror-Sci-Fi Shockers

1) Dracula vs.Wolfman: Dracula (he could outwit anybody)

2) Mummy vs. Frankenstein's monster: Frank (close call, but Frank is a little quicker)

3) Alien vs. Predator: Alien (I missed the movie, but Alien is a crafty little beast)

4) Freddy vs. Jason: Freddy (supernatural wins everytime)

5) The Terminator vs. T-1000: T-1000 (upgrades are better...just ask Lucas)

6) The Ghostbusters vs. Men in Black: Ghostbusters (MIB talk too much. GB go in shootin')

7) Van Helsing vs. Michael Myers: Van Helsing (smarter)

8) Spawn vs. Blade: Spawn (I guess. Don't know much about them...aren't these comic characters?)

9) The Crow vs. Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Buffy (just cuz she's hotter)

Action-Adventure heroes

1) Indiana Jones vs. James Bond: Indy (he'd knock that wry smile off that Limey's face with the whip)

2) The A-Team vs. Miami Vice: A-Team (C'mon, didn't you see the show?)

3) Billy The Kid's Regulators vs. Wyatt Earp, his brothers, and Doc Holiday: Pass

4) Mad Max vs. The Mariner from "Waterworld": Max (puhlease)

5) Stormshadow vs. Snakeyes: Pass

6) Duke vs. Cobra Commander: Pass

7) Scarlette vs. Baroness: Pass

8) Sgt. Slaughter vs. Destro: Pass

Giants

1) Godzilla vs. King Kong: Godzilla (By the time Kong got in close enough to punch, he'd be incinerated)

2) the Rancor vs. the Sando Aqua Monster: Pass

3) Unicron vs. Fortress Maximus: pass

4) Metroplex vs. Trypticon: pass

5) The Stay-Puft Marshmellow-Man vs. The Blob: Sta-Puft (I'd PAY to see that fight)

El Chuxter
10-21-2004, 02:25 PM
Even the title of this reminds me of an old thread I started: Comic character showdown: The ultimate geekfest! (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=19449&page=1&pp=10). But no big deal. :D

Star Wars rounds:

1) Darth Maul vs. Count Dooku
Dooku. His brains would triumph over Maul's brawn. Besides, Obi-Wan beat Maul alone, and Obi-Wan and Anakin together weren't able to take Dooku.

2) Darth Vader vs. Darth Sidious
Hasn't this already been decided, in ROTJ? :) Even if we're talking about the height of their powers, Vader still could take Palpy, though it would likely always be fatal to both.

3) Qui-Gon Jinn vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi
Assuming the height of their powers, I'm going with Qui-Gon. Though it was disproven in AOTC that Qui-Gon's master was a very aged alien (as stated in the TPM novel), the statement about him being the greatest swordsman his master had ever seen still stands.

4) Yoda vs. Mace Windu
Close battle with uncertain results, but I lean toward Yoda.

5) Luke Skywalker vs. Han Solo
Unless we're talking about wussy Luke fresh from the farm, Luke would always win this showdown.

6) Lando Calrissian vs. Chewbacca
Chewie. He outclasses Lando in brains, brawn, firepower, skill -- everything except the sheer ladykillin' prowess Lando picked up from his old master, Kit Fisto. :D I bet Chewie could even put away more Colt 45's.

7) Boba Fett vs. Jango Fett
Only one of them didn't go out like a b***h. And Boba's fellow clones have proven to be crappy warriors. Jango wins.

8) Aurra Sing vs. IG-88
This would be a fun one to watch. Despite the odds being against her, I think Aurra Sing would win in the end. It really could go either way, though.

9) Durge vs. Bossk
I really hate to say it, as I loathe the "character," but Durge takes this one. A reptile who regrows limbs vs a blob ripoff who laughs when impaled through the head with a lightsaber? No contest.

10) Princess Leia vs. Padme Amidala
Padme's a bad-arse babe, but her daughter could whip her butt in any contest (including the bikini competition :beard:), so Leia.

Star Trek Rounds:

I'm probably going to do pretty meh on these, since some of these names aren't ringing bells, but you said all or nothing, so here's my attempt.

Samuel Beckett vs Vulcan sex toy, right? I'll go with Archer. He's cooler.

Who what when where why? I flipped a coin, and it told me Vossk, who I must assume is a Trandoshan who wandered into the wrong universe.

As stated in an old episode of either SNL or In Living Color, "I'm also a better director than you." Spock would whomp Kirk good!

4) Klingon vs. Romulan
Never bet against a Klingon.

Picard could merely pour hot Earl Grey into Data's circuits, frying him like a chicken. Okay, hopefully it would never come to that, since they're two of the best Trek characters ever.

6) Q vs. The Borg
Inconclusive. I have no idea. This is like Mr Mxyzptlk vs the Phoenix. Since I have to pick one, I'll assume Q has enough silliness power to frustrate the Borg to death.

And especially never bet against a good guy Klingon. Worf.

This time, the coin tells me Gol Dukat.

Tuvok is the Vulcan, not the dinosaur hunter, right? I think if I'm correct, Tuvok wins. But if he's the mystic dinosaur hunter from Gold Key/Valiant/Acclaim comics fame, Tuvok doubly wins.

Species 84972. Although I have no clue whatsoever who either of these are, the fact that one isn't even given a name makes it sound very, very dangerous.

Transformers

Optimus Prime by a long shot. All continuities agree on two things: Optimus Prime is the mightiest Autobot, and Jetfire is a glorified scientist with questionable loyalties.

A long-running, inconclusive struggle, but I'll go with Megatron. Even if he has to die first and come back as Galvatron.

Ironhide is a much cooler fellow, and we all cried like babies when he died to make room for that Prime-repaint punk, but Magnus could take him down.

The cold power of logic vs. . . unlimited powers that can be called only magical? Galvatron.

Superheroes

1) Superman vs. Lex Luthor
Superman always wins in the end.

2) Batman vs. Joker
Eventually, after years of entertaining (and sometimes disturbing) fights, Batman will win. Even if the Joker snaps his own neck and frames Bats, Bruce will still somehow come out ahead.

3) Catwoman vs. Poison Ivy
It's happened, and I agree. Poison Ivy is simply too powerful for Selina.

4) Spider-man vs. Doctor Octopus
Another of those pretty even matchups where the hero has only a slight edge, so Spider-Man, whether movie or comic.

5) Wolverine vs. Magneto
I don't care if Logan did just chop off Erik's head a few months ago. On paper (and not on comics pages), Magneto's powers are more than enough to overwhelm a healing factor. When Marvel finally got around to answering "What if Magneto just yanked the adamantium out of Wolvie's body," they did such a poor, unrealistic job of it that it was laughable. I think it would be fatal, or at least incapacitating enough to allow Magneto to finish him off.

6) Rogue vs. Mystique
"Maw, Ah's gonna faht y'all now!" :D Whether limited-power movie Rogue or flying superstrong comic Rogue, Rogue could take out her mommy pretty quickly.

7) Lana Lang vs. Lois Lane
Lois Lane had a hardarse military father, so presumably has better fighting skills if it comes down to it

8) Dr. X vs. Neo from "The Matrix"
You're referring to Professor Xavier, right? If not, I have no idea who Dr X is.

Neo has unlimited powers within the simulated world of the Matrix, and no notable powers in reality (correct?). Professor Xavier is a mutant whose powers are only matched in the real world by Phoenix, Apocalypse, Franklin Richards, and possibly Magneto; and in the Astral Plane (similar to the Matrix in many respects) by Phoenix and the Shadow King. Also (never mind that it narrowly beats out the Spider-Clone fiasco as the "Marvel storyline we'd most love to forget"), he once went bonkers and became the Marvel Universe's mightiest villain, killing all of the Avengers and Fantastic Four. So Professor X wins easily.

9) The Hulk vs. Bane
I love Bane to death, but the Hulk has "incalculable" strength (Marvel's words, not mine) vs Bane's super-steroid enhanced isn't a contest. Especially if it's Joe Fixit or "Smart Hulk," who add considerable brains and a cunning streak.
Bane would be able to tell Banner was the Hulk just by looking at him, though, if that counts for anything. :)

Horror-Sci-Fi Shockers

1) Dracula vs.Wolfman
Immortal vs lycanthrope. I'll go with Dracula, especially since he, too, can become a wolf (but has control over when he does so).

All Frank wanted to do was dance, and he had a hard time because of his Abby Normal brain. But the Mummy is evil. Evil, I say! Okay, kidding aside, undead has a distinct advantage over merely re-animated.

3) Alien vs. Predator
The Aliens are nasty, and individual match-ups will yield different results, but on the whole, the Predators would win.

4) Freddy vs. Jason
Kinda like Dooku vs Maul, the brains will win over the brawn. Freddy would whoop Jason's sucker butt good.

One-on-one, with no Sarah or John, T-1000.

Although in all honesty, Peter would smooth-talk his way out of the fight and they'd all laugh about the misunderstanding over a few beers, I think the Men in Black have an edge given that they actually have some combat-type training.

7) Van Helsing vs. Michael Myers
I don't see why Van Helsing would want to fight an incredible funny actor. That's just silly. :) Or if we're talking about the other Michael Myers, well, still Van Helsing.

8) Spawn vs. Blade
Spawn by miles and miles. Another case of a pretty tough cookie up against a being of limitless powers.

9) The Crow vs. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
The Crow. Unless it's the far-superior Kristy Swanson Buffy, but of course I know that's not who you're referring to, so it's the Crow.

Action-Adventure heroes

1) Indiana Jones vs. James Bond
Sadly, I think I have to go with Bond on this one. Even though Indy makes better films.

Shut dat jibba-jabba, foo! The A-Team would win, turkey!

Okay, the word "geek" is in the subject, so I'm guessing this isn't straight history.
That said, I note you didn't mention Wyatt's onetime partner, Chong Wang. But, alas, they went their separate ways after rescuing the princess, and (despite the revisionist history of the sequel that never happened -- hmmmm (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=25464)) they never went to England together.
Billy has the advantage of knowledge of the future (at least up through 1988), and we all know he used it to cheat death, so he'd make Wyatt famous.

Kinda like the bull vs camel debate from Drew Carey, the Mariner has an edge by simply saying, "Hey, why don't you come into the water? I got something to show you."
This has a different ring to it if you say "The director of The Passion of the Christ vs the director of Dances With Wolves," doesn't it?

How inconclusive can we be? Every time they meet, it ends in a draw. Based entirely on comments made by their mutual sensei, the Hard Master, Snake Eyes has a slight edge. And if it gets to it, Storm Shadow doesn't have a hot ninja fiancee to help him out. ;)

I hate Duke. Silly little Hawk knock-off. I think in most respects he has the advantage, but Cobra Commander is devious enough to take him out before he can use his strengths. . . and the Commander doesn't have that annoying sense of honor.

Good match-up! They're equal in all respects but one: Scarlett has extensive ninja training, and Anastasia has none. Point to the Joes.

Please. A pro-wrestler we'd rather forget ever being involved with the team vs a super-genius arms dealer? Destro would simply shoot Slaughter after his first stupid comment, before he got close enough to throw a punch.

Giants

1) Godzilla vs. King Kong
Someone already pointed out that Godzilla would fry Kong before he got close enough to cause any damage.

This depends on whether it's on land (where the Sando's mobility is impaired) or in the water (where the Rancor would drown). Given the size difference (the Opee that made a light snack for the Sando is roughly the size of the Rancor, maybe a bit larger), the Sando takes this one.

You're kidding, right? A dark god trapped in physical form as a giant planet-eating world vs a Headmaster who's taller than the rest, and had never held the Matrix? Unicron by an infinite margin.

Scamper and Six-Gun make all the difference, being simultaneously the cheapest G1 Transformers and two of the coolest. Metroplex wins.

The Stay-Puft Marshmellow Man is unstoppable!

Tycho
10-21-2004, 02:46 PM
Geeze the responses in this thread have me laughing out loud!

This was one of my better ideas for a thread!

Keep them coming!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-21-2004, 05:07 PM
Star Wars rounds:

1) Darth Maul vs. Count Dooku - Count Dooku. While Maul was spinning his saber over his head, Dooku would just get to the point and impale him.

2) Darth Vader vs. Darth Sidious - Vader could kick anyone's ***, even though we haven't yet seen his master's full powers (I believe we might in ROTS?).

3) Qui-Gon Jinn vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi - Qui-Gon is the master, Obi-Wan is just his little *****.

4) Yoda vs. Mace Windu - Yoda would totally whoop him.

5) Luke Skywalker vs. Han Solo - If this is during ANH, Han would win. If this was suring ROTJ, Luke would slice 'im up good!

6) Lando Calrissian vs. Chewbacca - Chewie already almost killed him on Cloud City, he could easily finish the job.

7) Boba Fett vs. Jango Fett - their only real difference is that Boba uses one gun and Jango uses two. I say draw, seeing as how they're basically the same person.

8) Aurra Sing vs. IG-88 - IG-88, just cause I like him better.

9) Durge vs. Bossk - Durge would win.

10) Princess Leia vs. Padme Amidala - Who cares? [passage deleted]

Superheroes

1) Superman vs. Lex Luthor - Dunno, I guess Superman.

2) Batman vs. Joker - Batman

3) Catwoman vs. Poison Ivy - Again [passage deleted]

4) Spider-man vs. Doctor Octopus - Since it's already happened, Spider-Man.

5) Wolverine vs. Magneto - Wolverine

6) Rogue vs. Mystique - Mystique, cuz she shows her [passage deleted]!

7) Lana Lang vs. Lois Lane - Dunno

8) Dr. X vs. Neo from "The Matrix" - Dr. X, Neo could only point at him and maybe say "Whoa."

9) The Hulk vs. Bane - I guess the Hulk, judging on the film versions of both (though I hear Bane was misrepresented).

El Chuxter
10-21-2004, 06:36 PM
(though I hear Bane was misrepresented).

Very much so! They took one of Batman's deadliest foes ever and ruined him in ways no comic character has been ruined before.

This is the guy who used all of Batman's foes in Arkham as mere pawns to wear down Batman so he could destroy him at his leisure.

The guy who saw Bruce Wayne from a distance, turned to his cohorts and said, "Who is that man?"
"That's Bruce Wayne."
"No. Bruce Wayne is a mask. That man is the Batman."

The guy R'as Al Ghul chose to replace Batman as his chosen heir.

The man who killed two criminals Batman was chasing with his bare hands just so he could stare him down and say, "Soon you will know my name. And you will scream it!" Then he continued to taunt Bats in various similar fashion, including beating the crap out of the Killer Croc barehanded.

They took a psychotic, super-strong genius and turned him into a monosyllabic turd who thinks by putting on a fedora over his mask no one will recognize him.

Yeah, I'd say he was misrepresented.

JON9000
10-21-2004, 08:01 PM
Maybe Luke would win, but Solo would still get all the chicks and Luke would be left with robots, an old man and a green midget. :D

Darth_Ravin
10-22-2004, 02:01 AM
1) Count Dooku *much more in control, he'd tear maul up. Plus, he survided fighting Yoda, Maul got beat by Obi-wan*

2) Darth Vader *he tossed him down the shaft once, he will do it again*

3) Qui-Gon Jinn *Sure Maul beat him, and Obi-wan beat Maul, but Maul got lucky*

4) Mace Windu *I'm just talkin' about Mace!*

5) Luke Skywalker *only jedi Luke*

6) Chewbacca *and good riddance!*

7) Boba Fett *learn from your parents' mistakes*

8) Aurra Sing *tough one, I can't really decide*

9) Durge *The bad guy that keeps going. . .*

10) Padme Amidala *on looks alone*

Star Trek Rounds:

1) T'Pol *Vulcan neck pinch*

2) Vossk *guessed*

3) Spock *see T'Pol*

4) Klingon *C'mon, against a Romulan?*

5) Data *Data would dominate every way in a fight*

6) Q *all he has to do is snap his fingers*

7) Worf *da man!*

8) Gul Dukat *much cooler than the founders*

9) Tuvok *again, grabbing the neck*

10) Species 84972 *don't remember the other*

Transformers

1) Jetfire *waaaaay to close, but I'll give the edge to Jetfire*

2) Megatron *obvious*

3) Ultra Magnus *presonal preferance really*

4) Galvatron *smarter*

Superheroes

1) Superman *hate to say it, but he would*

2) Batman *hands down, as its been proven time and again*

3) Catwoman *personal preference*

4) Spider-man *don't really care, but I"ll say Spidey*

5) Magneto *probably one of the only mutants that could really beat Wovlerine IMO*

6) Rogue *drain her power and she's nothing*

7) Lana Lang *Lois is too annoying*

8) Dr. X *Neo is only Neo in a computer*

9) Bane *no question*

Horror-Sci-Fi Shockers

1) Draw, but we'd have a lycanthrope vampire and a blood sucking werewolf to deal with afterward

2) Mummy *will keep coming back*

3) Predator *hard for me to admit, but 1 on 1, the trained Pred would win*

4) Freddy *Jason doesn't have a chance*

5) T-1000 *newer, better, faster*

6) Men in Black *actually trained with real weapons with a better range*

7) Van Helsing *why not*

8) Spawn *no contest, spawn's powers rule a vampire who can walk in sunlight*

9) The Crow *I hate Buffy*

Action-Adventure heroes

1) Indiana Jones *he's got a loaded D20*

2) The A-Team *no contest*

3) Wyatt Earp, his brothers, and Doc Holiday *Doc could do it on his own*

4) Mad Max

5) Snakeyes *probably a tie, but I like Snake better*

6) Cobra Commander *Duke's too whiney*

7) Scarlett *Baroness was too much of a drama queen*

8) Destro *one cold mofo, he'd cheat and win for sure*

Giants

1) Godzilla *toasty!*

2) the Sando Aqua Monster *on size alone*

3) Unicron *self expanitory*

4) Metroplex vs. Trypticon *sounds like a never-ending fight there*

5) The Blob *marshmellows dont do good when they get wet*

JediTricks
10-22-2004, 07:52 PM
I wrote up responses to the ones I was interested in, then got to the bottom and found out I had to vote on 'em all. That stinks. The ones in bold are the ones I actually was interested in.

Darth Maul vs. Count Dooku - Maul would spin around like a top for 5 minutes and then Dooku would simply vertically slice Maul in 2.

Darth Vader vs. Darth Sidious - We already know how that one turns out. ;) Perhaps if there were no open pits nearby, Sidious would stand a better chance, but I think Vader would keep fighting until he won the battle, even if it meant killing himself in the process.

Qui-Gon Jinn vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi - Why would they bother? If we're talking about E1 character, Qui-Gon was clearly the superior swordsman in the film, Obi-Wan was sloppy at every turn.

Yoda vs. Mace Windu - I couldn't care less, but Mace is Yoda's superior on the council, so perhaps he's more skilled than Yoda. Yoda lives to ESB though.

Luke Skywalker vs. Han Solo - Unless Han pulled a greedo and shot Luke while he wasn't looking, I think Luke ultimately would win because he's a pretty good shot and has a lightsaber - Han is a good shot but no lightsaber.

Lando Calrissian vs. Chewbacca - Without Leia to save his behind, Chewie would have already killed Lando anyway.

Boba Fett vs. Jango Fett - In the modern continuity, it'd be a tie. But pre-Prequels Boba Fett seemed like more of an independent-thinker and all-around badarse than Jango, so I'd pick Boba Fett.

Aurra Sing vs. IG-88 - IG-88 beeps and boops, sending headache-inducing pulses into that antenna in Sing's head. While she's distracted by that, he methodically tracks her down and turns her into mulch.

Durge vs. Bossk - Durge is massive and apparently a stupid slime-alien that can't be killed, so he's the odds-on favorite.

Princess Leia vs. Padme Amidala - Leia is a latent Force user, a crack shot, and tough as nails. Padme is an overprotected child who is too unused to life as a fighter to really be trouble. Leia is scrappy and would take any risk to defeat her enemy.

Capt. Archer vs. T'Pol - T'Pol is a Vulcan, superior in strength and reasoning, so obviously would kick Archie's butt, especially if her blood was boiling.

Xindi Reptillian vs. Vossk - Pretty much the same guy to me. Reptillians seem nastier but Vossk has time-travel.

Captain Kirk vs. Spock - Kirk is scrappy and inventive, but Spock is Vulcan with superior strength and reasoning.

Klingon vs. Romulan - Klingons fight to the end, Romulans understand strategic retreats, but Klingons don't respect that and keep fighting.

Captain Picard vs. Data - Since we're taking moral/ethics out of the equation, the superstrong android would win.

Q vs. The Borg - Oooh, now there's a battle I'd like to see. Q would toy with the Borg and get all overconfident, the Borg would exploit that, and infect Q in an attempt to turn him into a Borg. Q would go along with it for a while but then simply blink them out of existence when he grew tired of it.

Captain Sisko vs. Worf - Worf is stronger, Sisko is smarter and more strategic. Worf will always play by the rules, Sisko will break them if pushed hard enough.

Gul Dukat vs. The Founder - If Dukat could sneak up and shoot, he'd win. But in a battle, a changeling has a massive edge.

Captain Janeway vs. Tuvok

Species 8472 vs. the Hirogen Hunters - We've already seen some of this. Eventually, the Hirogen cannot keep the fight up.

Optimus Prime vs. Jetfire

Megatron vs. Starscream - We know how this one plays out too. :D However, Starscream's spark is indestructable, he's able to exist as a ghost and even inhabit other bodies, so in the end he'd probably defeat Megs even if it took 10,000 years.

Ultra Magnus vs. Ironhide

Shockwave vs. Galvatron

Superman vs. Lex Luthor - No ethics? No question.

Batman vs. Joker

Catwoman vs. Poison Ivy - Ivy has powers over plants that can ensare Selina, who is basically just a thief.

Spider-man vs. Doctor Octopus

Wolverine vs. Magneto

Rogue vs. Mystique

Lana Lang vs. Lois Lane - Lois will cheat.

Dr. X vs. Neo from "The Matrix" - Neo has no powers in the real world, Professor Xavier (whom I'm assuming you are talking about) has mind-controlling telepathy.

The Hulk vs. Bane - Hulk smash! You beat this guy and he gets stronger and stronger - how can you defeat that?

Dracula vs.Wolfman

Mummy vs. Frankenstein's monster

Alien vs. Predator

Freddy vs. Jason

The Terminator vs. T-1000

The Ghostbusters vs. Men in Black

Van Helsing vs. Michael Myers

Spawn vs. Blade - Blade would chop Spawn's head clean off before he'd even notice.

The Crow vs. Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Indiana Jones vs. James Bond

The A-Team vs. Miami Vice

Billy The Kid's Regulators vs. Wyatt Earp, his brothers, and Doc Holiday

Mad Max vs. The Mariner from "Waterworld"

Stormshadow vs. Snakeyes

Duke vs. Cobra Commander

Scarlette vs. Baroness

Sgt. Slaughter vs. Destro

Godzilla vs. King Kong

the Rancor vs. the Sando Aqua Monster - Well, if this were an underwater battle, which it'd have to be, then duh, obviously.

Unicron vs. Fortress Maximus

Metroplex vs. Trypticon

The Stay-Puft Marshmellow-Man vs. The Blob - and it's spelled "Marshmallow".

El Chuxter
10-22-2004, 08:19 PM
Okay, I don't want to influence anyone's vote here, but how would Baroness beat Scarlett?

First, Baroness shot Scarlett in the head at point-blank range once, and Scarlett lived through it to kick arse another day. That should settle it right there.

Second, they're equal in ruthlessness, marksmanship, intelligence, and covert operations. But Anastasia deCobray was born a spoiled little European girl, and that's what she still is. Scarlett is a ninja! Think about it. Silent, kills for fun, totally wails on guitar. She only wears bright colors to fool you into thinking she's not a ninja.

And if Baroness goes and gets her boyfriend to fight for her, Scarlett can call in her fiance, and Snake Eyes would whoop Destro without even blinking.

mrpauldeeds
10-22-2004, 09:10 PM
Star Wars rounds:

1) Darth Maul vs. Count Dooku: Dooku, maul killed qui gon, but was killed by obi wan. when obi wan and dooku duke it out, obi cant take it. thus maul would lose.

2) Darth Vader vs. Darth Sidious: same as JEDI TRICKS

3) Qui-Gon Jinn vs. Obi-Wan Kenobi: Obi-Wan,qui gon was killed by maul, and maul was killed by obi wan, so obi would beat qiu gon. BUT if qui gon and obi got into it earlier in to the training, qui gon would destroy obi wan no doubt.

4) Yoda vs. Mace Windu: Yoda,you cant kill yoda no matter who you are

5) Luke Skywalker vs. Han Solo: Luke, solo could not kill a jedi

6) Lando Calrissian vs. Chewbacca: Chewy would tear landos arms outta his sockets

7) Boba Fett vs. Jango Fett: DRAW, come on they are the same person pretty much. But i like boba better, so i give him the win.

8) Aurra Sing vs. IG-88: IG can kill who ever he wants
9) Durge vs. Bossk: This would be close, both are stupid, but i pick Bossk because of his cold bloodness and his trandoshin insticts.

10) Princess Leia vs. Padme Amidala: She beats A** in the movies, and is hotter, so padme wins.

Star Trek Rounds:

4) Klingon vs. Romulan

6) Q vs. The Borg

Transformers

Superheroes

1) Superman vs. Lex Luthor: lex luthor? gotta come up with some better comp then that.

2) Batman vs. Joker: batman always beat the joker

3) Catwoman vs. Poison Ivy: all shed have to do is poison catwoman somehow and it be alll over

4) Spider-man vs. Doctor Octopus: allready saw this in the movie, but doc oc but up a great fight, spidey would win in the end though. Oc is just a human with robotic arms.

5) Wolverine vs. Magneto: his magnetic abilities would tear out all the metal in wolverine.

6) Rogue vs. Mystique: rougue wouldnt know who she was, so itd come as a surprise attack. a sucker punch puts out rougue i think.

7) Lana Lang vs. Lois Lane: cant beat supermans girl

8) Dr. X vs. Neo from "The Matrix": i just dont like neo

9) The Hulk vs. Bane: hands down

Horror-Sci-Fi Shockers

1) Dracula vs.Wolfman: dracula doesnt die

3) Alien vs. Predator: have the technology

4) Freddy vs. Jason: freddy lives on people being scared, jason will some day be killed off for good, but someone will always be scared of freddy, thus keeping freddy alive.

7) Van Helsing vs. Michael Myers: like dracula, mike just wont die

8) Spawn vs. Blade: no contest, spawn would whip out some fricking huge gun and blow blade's blades away

9) The Crow vs. Buffy the Vampire Slayer: vampire slayer, not the crow slayer....

Action-Adventure heroes

1) Indiana Jones vs. James Bond: bond is smary buy indy has it all

Giants

1) Godzilla vs. King Kong: fire breathe would fry the hair off kong

Tycho
10-23-2004, 04:35 AM
Voting in Round 1 is CLOSED! We have some awesome results and some way-cool battles that every MAJOR GEEK and TOTAL NERD would love to see. A lot of regular people might even find this interesting too!

Now we move on to ROUND 2. Voting will close on Monday, October 25th. (these are 2-day rounds for voting).

The WINNERS are going on! In the event of a tie, I just left both contenders in and put them up against other challengers. Where there was a shortage, I moved in contenders from other categories.

Star Wars Rounds

1) Count Dooku vs. Darth Vader

2) Qui-Gon Jinn vs. Master Yoda

3) Luke Skywalker vs. Princess Leia

4) Boba Fett vs. Chewbacca

5) Durge vs. IG-88

Star Trek Rounds

1) T'Pol vs. Xindi Reptillian

2) Spock vs. Klingon

3) Data vs. Q

4) Worf vs. The Founder

5) Tuvok vs. Species 8472

Transformers

1) Optimus Prime vs. Megatron

2) Ultra Magnus vs. Galvatron

Superheroes

1) Superman vs. Spider-Man

2) Catwoman vs. Lois Lane

3) Poison Ivy vs. Rogue

4) Magneto vs. The Hulk

5) Dr. X vs. Batman

Horror and Sci-Fi Shockers

1) Dracula vs. Freddy

2) Frankenstein's Monster vs. Alien

3) Predator vs. T-1000

4) Men In Black vs. Spawn

5) Ghostbusters vs. The Crow

6) Van Helsing vs. Destro

Action-Adventure Heroes

1) James Bond vs. Baroness

2) Indiana Jones vs. Mad Max

3) The A-Team vs. Billy the Kid and the Regulators

4) Snakeyes vs. Cobra Commander

Giants

1) Godzilla vs. the Sando Aqua Monster

2) Unicron vs. Metroplex

3) The Stay Puffed Mashmellow Man vs. (vs Special Challenger) Anna Nicole Smith*

*Or the Stay Puffed Marshmellow Man gets to sit one out due to uneven challengers

OK - are you ready? CHOOSE THE WINNERS!!!

Darth_Ravin
10-23-2004, 05:22 AM
Star Wars Rounds

5) Durge vs. IG-88

Star Trek Rounds

2) Spock vs. Klingon

3) Data vs. Q

4) Worf vs. The Founder

Transformers

Superheroes

3) Poison Ivy vs. Rogue

4) Magneto vs. The Hulk

5) Dr. X vs. Batman

1) Dracula vs. Freddy

3) Predator vs. T-1000

Action-Adventure Heroes

Giants

2) Unicron vs. Metroplex

3) The Stay Puffed Mashmellow Man vs. (vs Special Challenger) Anna Nicole Smith*

El Chuxter
10-26-2004, 12:12 PM
Star Wars Rounds

Given that, even being mostly spoiler-free, I can deduce Vader is going to have to kill Dooku next time they fight, I'm giving him the win. Very, very close battle, though.

Qui-Gon may be an uber-badarse, but Yoda would come out ahead in the end.

If it came to it, Luke. Unless it's before he found out they were related; Leia could flash him and he'd be reduced to a drooling mass of protoplasm.

Haven't we seen this one before? Chewbacca by a mile.

5) Durge vs. IG-88
Again, it disgusts me to give the win to him, but Durge would eliminate IG-88 quickly.

Star Trek Rounds

T'Pol, for the simple reason I know who she is.

2) Spock vs. Klingon
Previously, I said never bet against a Klingon. However, that does not apply when the challenger is Spock. Spock takes all comers.

3) Data vs. Q
As this is not a coolness contest, I am loathe to say that Mr Mxyz--I mean, Q would win rather easily.

4) Worf vs. The Founder
Worf. Why? I have no idea who the Founder is. And he/she/it has a dumb name.

Tuvok, once again because he sounds like a famous Dinosaur Hunter, and because I have no idea who Species 8472 is. (Don't tell me that crap movie had 8471 sequels!)

Transformers

After millions of years (literally), Optimus Prime will eventually come out ahead. No matter the cost.

Feh. Galvatron.

Superheroes

This one is almost a no-brainer. Superman has the distinct advantage in everything except brains, but heat vision, invulnerability, and flight more than compensate.

Catwoman, easily. Lois doesn't jump from rooftop to rooftop, fighting police and evildoers alike.

3) Poison Ivy vs. Rogue
This is a tough one. It depends on whether Rogue could get close enough to drain Ivy's powers, and whether her own powers work on plants (not likely). I'll assume it's comic book Rogue, and her brute force and flight powers will eventually get her through Ivy's defenses, at which point it's no contest.

4) Magneto vs. The Hulk
Another toughie. In theory, Magneto could play havoc with the iron in Hulk's system, plus he can control other stuff in the environment. But I think his size, strength, and healing factor (which makes Wolvie's look ineffective) would give a slight edge to Hulk.

5) Dr. X vs. Batman
Man, why'd you put Bats in a contest he can't hope to win? Haven't you heard of a fighting chance? Professor X, and quickly.

1) Dracula vs. Freddy
Jeez, talk about your powerhouses. They're both ridiculously powerful, but I think Freddy's semi-demonic status gives him the edge.

Feh. Alien.

3) Predator vs. T-1000
Ooh, this one depends on each contestant's temperature and whether it can sense the other. I'm going to have to go with the T-1000, though it really could go either way.

Spawn, without breaking a sweat.

Who ya' gonna call? Ghostbusters!

They're both mere mortals, but Destro has class.

Action-Adventure Heroes

The Baroness, 'cuz Bond's a sucker for a pretty face. And Baroness kicks arse, even if not Scarlett's. :p

Dr Jones has the brains to take care of business.

Hush dat jibba jabba! Mr T always wins, foo!

An old used car salesman turned terrorist mastermind vs a ninja? Snake Eyes.

Giants

Go go Godzilla! He's nukular!

2) Unicron vs. Metroplex
Why bother putting anyone (except some real powerhouse like Galactus, or maybe Green Lantern) up against Unicron?

Glamorous glamorous Anna Nicole would roast poor Stay Puft.

JediTricks
10-26-2004, 07:12 PM
Star Wars Rounds

2) Qui-Gon Jinn vs. Master Yoda - AOTC made it clear that crotchety old geezers can really whip up a fight when they want to, despite being really really old or tiny green frog-men. Just one more reason to dislike AOTC.

3) Luke Skywalker vs. Princess Leia - Leia's tough, but Luke has a lightsaber.

4) Boba Fett vs. Chewbacca - Chewie is big and strong, but Boba Fett is a pretty well-armed guy and knows how to hunt wookiees. With all the gadgets and such, even without bowcaster vs blaster rifle, I think the Fett man would come out on top.

5) Durge vs. IG-88 - EU made Durge unkillable, so eventually he'd win. Just one more reason to dislike the EU.

Star Trek Rounds

1) T'Pol vs. Xindi Reptillian - The reptillians don't seem all THAT good in this sort of situation, while T'pol has her logic, strength, and has less hinderances of goofy sci-fi costuming.

2) Spock vs. Klingon - Spock would use his superior logic and almost equal strength to eventually kill the Klingon, though not without a serious battle first.

3) Data vs. Q - Hmm, omnipotent being or android with an off-switch? Wow, tough choice.

4) Worf vs. The Founder - As tough as Worf is, the Founder is a changeling and could turn into mist in his lungs or razor-sharp blades or quicksand.

Transformers

1) Optimus Prime vs. Megatron - Megs is ruthless, tough, and has no qualms about cheating. OP is tough, strong and smart, and would fight to the death to destroy the evil Megs. One on one, the winner there would probably be the cheater.

Superheroes

1) Superman vs. Spider-Man - With the gloves off, Supes cannot be stopped by... well, pretty much anything.

3) Poison Ivy vs. Rogue - How can both Catwoman and Poison Ivy be here again? They were against each other in round 1.

4) Magneto vs. The Hulk

5) Dr. X vs. Batman - Again, are we talking about Professor X? If so, Bats has been up against telepaths before and has such a well-trained mind that he's been able to beat them.

1) Dracula vs. Freddy

3) Predator vs. T-1000

Action-Adventure Heroes

Giants

2) Unicron vs. Metroplex

Chux, "The Founder" is a member of Odo's race on Deep Space Nine, Tycho is referring to the one that ran the Dominion/Federation war in the Alpha Quadrant for several years.

Species 8472, from the episode "Scorpion", were nasty 3-legged aliens from a dimension that existed entirely in fluidic space. They took on the Borg and won.

Kidhuman
10-26-2004, 07:18 PM
Star Wars Rounds

1) Darth Vader

2) Qui-Gon Jinn

3) vs. Princess Leia

4) Boba Fett

5) IG-88

Star Trek Rounds

1) T'Pol

2) Klingon

3) Q

4) Worf

5) Species 8472

Transformers

1) Megatron

2) Galvatron

Superheroes

1) Superman
2) Catwoman

3) . Rogue

4) The Hulk

5) Dr. X

1) Freddy

2) Alien

3) Predator

4) Spawn

5) The Crow

6) Destro

Action-Adventure Heroes

1) James Bond

2) Indiana Jones

3) Billy the Kid and the Regulators

4) Snakeyes

Giants

1) Godzilla

2) Unicron

3) The Stay Puffed Mashmellow Man

Tycho
10-27-2004, 12:38 AM
Keep voting guys (if you haven't yet voted in Round 2). I'm going to keep this round open one more day (closing Wednesday night with round 2 and starting with round 3).

If you're still a geek, you need to be here! :)

JON9000
10-27-2004, 02:42 PM
Star Wars Rounds

1) Count Dooku vs. Darth Vader- Even though Dooku whupped Anakin and Obi-Wan, and Vader supposedly wasn't such hot stuff after he got tossed in the fire (the rationale for less saber finesse in the OT).

2) Qui-Gon Jinn vs. Master Yoda Who's the master?

3) Luke Skywalker vs. Princess Leia- obvious

4) Boba Fett vs. Chewbacca- let the wookie win

5) Durge vs. IG-88- I naver watched that silly cartoon

Star Trek Rounds

2) Spock vs. Klingon- Spock tossed a Klingon like a rag doll in STIII

3) Data vs. Q- not even close

4) Worf vs. The Founder

Transformers

1) Optimus Prime vs. Megatron- it always seemed to go back and forth between these two, but if Hot Rod stays out of the way, Prime wins. (Incidentally, Prime also beats Unicron, cuz he has the Matrix).

2) Ultra Magnus vs. Galvatron- who cares about post season two Transformers? I guess Galvatron, because he used to be Megatron.

Superheroes

1) Superman vs. Spider-Man- An old rule of thumb- the older character almost always comes out on top.

2) Catwoman vs. Lois Lane Julie Newmar would whup Margot Kidder.

3) Poison Ivy vs. Rogue

4) Magneto vs. The Hulk- I once saw Mags wipe out all of the Avengers, except for Captain Marvel.

5) Dr. X vs. Batman- I have no idea who Doctor X is, but I have heard of Batman. Anybody I haven;t heard of cannot beat up Batman.

1) Dracula vs. Freddy- I think Freddy has nightmares of the undying evil.

2) Frankenstein's Monster vs. Alien- Frankenstein's monster is nothing more than ugly, stronger than average, misunderstood miscreant who hates his daddy. (read the book).

3) Predator vs. T-1000- I think the predator would have something in the arsenal that would handle the T-1000

5) Ghostbusters vs. The Crow- The crow is fake, the Ghostbusters are real.

6) Van Helsing vs. Destro- Van Helsing is little more than a decrepit old professor, in spite of that moronic movie.

Action-Adventure Heroes

1) James Bond vs. Baroness- Onatopp was essentially the Baroness, accent and all.

2) Indiana Jones vs. Mad Max- Mad Max would flagellate himself into submission.

3) The A-Team vs. Billy the Kid and the Regulators- Mr. T, nuff said

4) Snakeyes vs. Cobra Commander- Like a baddie professional wrestler, CC would cheat.

Giants

1) Godzilla vs. the Sando Aqua Monster- Godzilla

2) Unicron vs. Metroplex- Unicron eats planets. Only the Matrix can stop him.

Tycho
10-27-2004, 11:39 PM
All-rightie then!

We're geeking away with this poll!

Let's go to the next round. It's just about anyone versus anyone from any category now - almost anyway.

SO WHO WOULD WIN IN A FIGHT?

1) Darth Vader vs. Master Yoda

2) Boba Fett vs. Durge

3) Luke Skywalker vs. Species 8472

4) T'Pol vs. Q

5) Spock vs. Worf

6) Megatron vs. The Hulk

7) Galvatron vs. Superman

8) Catwoman vs. Indiana Jones

9) Rogue vs. Freddy Kruegar

10) Batman vs. Predator

11) Alien vs. Ghostbusters

12) Spawn vs. Snakeyes

13) James Bond vs. Destro

14) The A-Team vs. The Stay-Puffed Marshmellow Man

15) Godzilla vs. Unicron

Oh man! We've got some pretty good fights lined up in here!

So who's gonna kick some butt? Major geeks are standing bye to hear how you respond!

Kidhuman
10-27-2004, 11:57 PM
1) Darth Vader

2) Boba Fett

3) Luke Skywalker

4) Q

5). Worf

6) The Hulk

7) Superman

8) Indiana Jones

9) Rogue

10) . Predator

11) Alien

12) Spawn

13) . Destro

14) The Stay-Puffed Marshmellow Man

15) Godzilla

stillakid
10-28-2004, 11:26 AM
SO WHO WOULD WIN IN A FIGHT?

1) Darth Vader vs. Master Yoda: Yoda

2) Boba Fett vs. Durge: Durge

3) Luke Skywalker vs. Species 8472: Huh?

4) T'Pol vs. Q: Q

5) Spock vs. Worf: Worf

6) Megatron vs. The Hulk: Hulk

7) Galvatron vs. Superman: Superman

8) Catwoman vs. Indiana Jones: Indy

9) Rogue vs. Freddy Kruegar: Freddy

10) Batman vs. Predator: Predator

11) Alien vs. Ghostbusters: Alien

12) Spawn vs. Snakeyes: Spawn

13) James Bond vs. Destro: Destro

14) The A-Team vs. The Stay-Puffed Marshmellow Man: A-Team

15) Godzilla vs. Unicron: Godzilla

El Chuxter
10-28-2004, 02:24 PM
I think there's a reason Yoda didn't just whomp on Vader as soon as he stepped out of the lava. Darth Vader takes this one.

2) Boba Fett vs. Durge
Man, I really, really, really hate Durge. He's already beaten Bossk and IG-88. I think if any of the bounty hunters has a chance against him, though, it's going to be Boba.

3) Luke Skywalker vs. Species 8472
Luke Skywalker. A Jedi beats any Star Trek character, period. Except a tribble.

4) T'Pol vs. Q
Once again, Q is untouchable. Though put him up against Mxyzptlk, and we've got a fight. :)

5) Spock vs. Worf
This would be a good one. I think Spock actually has a bit of an edge. And not just because he's cooler.

6) Megatron vs. The Hulk
Y'know, Megatron vs Galvatron and Hulk vs Superman would've been a better way to go. But that's just my opinion.
I take it Prime lost? WTF?
Hulk is nigh unstoppable, but Megatron can link interdimensionally with a black hole to provide limitless power to his already kick-arse fusion cannon, so Hulk would be disintegrated.

7) Galvatron vs. Superman
Galvatron was practically omnipotent as long as Unicron was alive. Without Unicron, Superman could take Unicron pretty easily. With Unicron, I think Superman still has a good chance of offing Galvatron.

I love Catwoman, but Indy would make mincemeat of her.

Man, this one's tough. Rogue has almost Superman-class strength and flight, but Freddy can get into her head, so he would win.

10) Batman vs. Predator
Another one that's already been settled. Batman would whomp on an army of Predators. He's just cool like that.

11) Alien vs. Ghostbusters
I believe Aliens qualify as something weird in my neighborhood, so I'll call Ghostbusters!

12) Spawn vs. Snakeyes
Not fair, not fair. Snake Eyes can deal with any mortal, but Spawn's power is limitless.

13) James Bond vs. Destro
Destro once again slaughters his opposition. If nothing else, Baroness (or his son's girlfriend, Lady Armada) would reduce Bond to a slobbering goon.

Foo! Mr T wins all by himself!

15) Godzilla vs. Unicron
I really think Unicron should not have been included. Let's just go ahead and crown him the big daddy grand champeen of them all.

JediTricks
10-28-2004, 08:17 PM

2) Boba Fett vs. Durge - Durge cannot die, but Boba Fett could conceviably freeze him in carbonite.

3) Luke Skywalker vs. Species 8472 - one word: lightsaber

4) T'Pol vs. Q - Unless Q got less omnipotent, no contest.

5) Spock vs. Worf - If Spock can beat a Klingon, he can beat THIS Klingon.

6) Megatron vs. The Hulk - Megs would blast the Inedible Hunk into powder.

7) Galvatron vs. Superman - Supes has heat vision and tears other machines apart like toys, and he could just hurl Galvatron into space.

10) Batman vs. Predator

11) Alien vs. Ghostbusters - A Ghostbuster has a proton pack, basically an unlicensed nuclear accelerator, on his back. As nasty as an Alien would be, it'd still get nuked.

12) Spawn vs. Snakeyes

13) James Bond vs. Destro - 007 beats guys like this for breakfast.

15) Godzilla vs. Unicron - ever see that animated short, "Bambi Meets Godzilla"? It'd be like this, except with Unicron stepping on Godzilla.

mrpauldeeds
10-29-2004, 12:01 AM
1) Darth Vader vs. Master Yoda: Yoda is the master thats why

2) Boba Fett vs. Durge: I think Fett would have something up his sleeve to beat Durge with

3) Luke Skywalker vs. Species 8472: A lightsaber would do the trick here

4) T'Pol vs. Q

5) Spock vs. Worf

6) Megatron vs. The Hulk: HE'S HUGE!!!!

7) Galvatron vs. Superman: Man of steel vs. steel...close, but i only kryptonite can get superman. Galvatron doesnt have that.

8) Catwoman vs. Indiana Jones: much love for Indy, but he's a normal dude, catwoman would seduce him and kill him in bed.

9) Rogue vs. Freddy Kruegar: He'd get he in her dreams where he'd make her poweless.

10) Batman vs. Predator: predator has all the weapons

11) Alien vs. Ghostbusters: haa your kidding, right? ghostbusters are not alien busters.

12) Spawn vs. Snakeyes: Spawn is the man

13) James Bond vs. Destro: Bond is sly

14) The A-Team vs. The Stay-Puffed Marshmellow Man: HE's HUGE!!! :D (ditto to the hulk)

15) Godzilla vs. Unicron: cant the unicorn kill anything with a stab to with its horn? if so Godzilla is dead meat.

Tycho
10-30-2004, 01:20 AM
Who would win in a fight with:

Darth Vader vs. Freddy Krueger

Boba Fett vs. Destro

Luke Skywalker vs. (special guest contestant) He-Man, Master of the Universe

Spock vs. Indiana Jones

Q vs. Unicron

Spawn vs. The Stay Puffed Marshmellow Man

Superman vs. Predator

The Hulk vs. Alien

Kidhuman
10-30-2004, 08:51 AM
Darth Vader

Boba Fett

Luke Skywalker

Indiana Jones

Q

Spawn

Superman

Alien

mrpauldeeds
10-30-2004, 03:43 PM
Darth Vader vs. Freddy Krueger: this is close. freddy has vader in dream world easy, but vader will always have to force on his side, dream or no dream. I give this to vader by a nose.

Boba Fett vs. Destro: fett has all the tools

Luke Skywalker vs. (special guest contestant) He-Man, Master of the Universe: lightsaber

Spock vs. Indiana Jones: indy would kill spcok so easily

Q vs. Unicron

Superman vs. Predator

The Hulk vs. Alien

El Chuxter
10-31-2004, 12:28 PM
Darth Vader vs. Freddy Krueger

Hmmm. This is a really, really tough one. As much as I'd love Vader to win, I think Freddy's immortality will give him a bit of an edge. Besides, he could project Natalie Portman saying, "I never loved you, and the kids are Mace's!" into Vader's head and completely incapacite him.

Boba Fett vs. Destro

After many successes, Destro finally goes down fighting, as Boba Fett has much better gadgets. Had you not killed Snake Eyes by putting him up against Spawn, though, Snake Eyes would eliminate Fett in short order.

Luke Skywalker vs. (special guest contestant) He-Man, Master of the Universe

Is the power of the Force mightier than the power of Greyskull? Does the Sword of Eternia hold its own against a lightsaber? Is there any chance of a Tauntaun beating Battle Cat? lol

This is actually the closest of these, I think, though I'll wager Luke Skywalker would win in the end.

Spock vs. Indiana Jones

Spock seems to have an advantage, but I actually think Indiana could take him on.

Q vs. Unicron

Thank you for finally putting Unicron into something resembling a fair fight! It sounds like a toughie at first, but Q isn't a god, so Unicron will eventually win.

Feh. Spawn. Unlimited power vs. . . a big guy made a sugar. Not a contest.

Superman vs. Predator

Predators stand for nothing, so Superman will prevail. Truth, justice, and the American Way, baby!

The Hulk vs. Alien

Assuming only one Alien, Hulk easily. An army of Aliens, well, Hulk a little less easily. :)

JediTricks
10-31-2004, 02:00 PM
Darth Vader vs. Freddy Krueger - Freddy has nightmare powers, but Vader has the Force... and a lightsaber.

Boba Fett vs. Destro - Although somewhat evenly-matched, Fett has faster access to his weaponry and jetpack.

Luke Skywalker vs. (special guest contestant) He-Man, Master of the Universe - What part of "lightsaber" don't you understand?

Spock vs. Indiana Jones - Vulcans are smarter and stronger, and Spock is one of the most experienced Starfleet officers of all time.

Q vs. Unicron - Unicron is a massive, moon-sized planet-eating robot, but Q is omnipotent.

Superman vs. Predator - Super powers of the man of steel are the advantage here. Might make an interesting story.

The Hulk vs. Alien - Stupid Hulk apparently gets stronger with injury, so how can you beat that? It's lame, but I gotta give it to the big green gamma-radiation-based monster.

Chux, Q is basically a "god", he has started and ended entire worlds with the snap of a finger, can transcend dimensions, even invade the realm of death, and take on any form he desires.

Tycho
11-05-2004, 01:34 AM
OK, election time blues took us away from this thread for a bit. I think our geeky fun is a good way to continue the healing.

Two characters tied again - so they'll both stay in the next round and just face different challengers. That's why you've seen both contestants appear twice in different races before.

SO WHO WOULD WIN IN A FIGHT BETWEEN:

Darth Vader vs. The Incredible Hulk

Boba Fett vs. Indiana Jones

Luke Skywalker vs. Spawn

Q vs. (special guest contestant) Harry Potter

Superman vs. Unicron

stillakid
11-05-2004, 08:21 AM
SO WHO WOULD WIN IN A FIGHT BETWEEN:

Darth Vader vs. The Incredible Hulk: Vader. The Force man.

Boba Fett vs. Indiana Jones: Indy. Boba has proved himself to be inept despite all the cool gadgets.

Luke Skywalker vs. Spawn: Luke. The Force man.

Q vs. (special guest contestant) Harry Potter: Q. Nobody can beat Q.

Superman vs. Unicron: Who is Unicron? Superman trumps everybody but Q.

Kidhuman
11-05-2004, 09:09 AM
Darth Vader vs. The Incredible Hulk - The madder Hulk gets, the stronger he gets, but it is no match for Vader....Vader gets his hand raised.

Boba Fett vs. Indiana Jones - Ford topples him in one fight, but not this one....Fett it is

Luke Skywalker vs. Spawn - A good fight none the less, but I tip my hat to Spawn

Q - defeats trhe wannabe wizard with ease

Unicron - The planet devouring Unicron easily takes out Superman. Smashes him like a gnat.

El Chuxter
11-05-2004, 04:40 PM
Darth Vader vs. The Incredible Hulk
Vader. It would be a tremendous battle, but Vader has the midichlorions. :p

It seems obvious, but I don't think so. I actually think Indiana Jones could somehow take him.

Luke Skywalker vs. Spawn
Luke is quite the challenger, but Spawn has unlimited powers.

Q vs. (special guest contestant) Harry Potter
I love Harry, but Q is omnipotent.

Superman vs. Unicron
Doomsday killed Superman, and Unicron is a gazillion times more powerful. Again, no fight is fair with Unicron involved.

JediTricks
11-05-2004, 09:49 PM
Darth Vader vs. The Incredible Hulk - Vader, since the Hulk can't do much once he's in tiny little pieces after being Force-choked.

Luke Skywalker vs. Spawn - tough call, Spawn is basically immortal, Luke is fairly vulnerable, but the lightsaber can cut off Spawn's head which is the only way to kill him IIRC.

Q vs. (special guest contestant) Harry Potter - teen wizard vs omnipotent being... gee, I wonder who would win.

Superman vs. Unicron - Unicron is the size of a moon, I don't think there's much Supes could do to that, but Unicron probably has something inside him that could take Supes out if his immense size and strength alone don't do the job.

Tycho
11-09-2004, 01:49 AM
Wow! Superman is finally taken out by Unicron! This I did not see coming. I thought Superman would be too fast and too small for Unicron to catch and Supes would just get inside Unicron and rip his internal controls apart with super-speed, faster than Unicron could repair himself or dispatch automotans to finish Superman off. But nevertheless, the man of steel goes down!

We had 2 ties so I have to throw the winners into big impossible challenges to shake them all up.

Who will win in a fight with:

Darth Vader vs. (special guest contestant) Sauron from LOTR!

Indiana Jones vs. Unicron!

Luke Skywalker vs. Boba Fett

Q vs. Spawn

I have my own ideas about these matches, and I don't think the answers are as obvious as they might seem. But that's for you to decide.

Kidhuman
11-09-2004, 06:02 AM
Darth Vader

Unicron!

Luke Skywalker

Q vs. Spawn - wow, Q in this one. Love to see the footage

JediTricks
11-09-2004, 02:22 PM
Darth Vader vs. (special guest contestant) Sauron from LOTR! - Vader would comb the galaxy in search of that ring, and then lightsaber it in half. ;)

Indiana Jones vs. Unicron! - that's just doofy.

Luke Skywalker vs. Boba Fett - Fett and Luke seemed well-matched in their ROTJ battle, before they were rudely interrupted. As much as Fett cheats, Luke will probably counter by giving in to rage, and then Fett is outclassed.

Q vs. Spawn

El Chuxter
11-09-2004, 02:29 PM
Darth Vader vs. (special guest contestant) Sauron from LOTR!

Tough one. Does Sauron have the One Ring? I'll assume he doesn't, in which case Vader triumphs. Of course, a mere human chopped the Ring off Sauron's hand when he had it, so Vader could have a good chance even if Sauron has the Ring.

Indiana Jones vs. Unicron!

Unicron. Sorry, Indy. Unicron is a dark god who can only be defeated by Primus, the Matrix, or the combined might of all Cybertronians.

Luke Skywalker vs. Boba Fett

Feh. Luke would mop the floor with that wimp.

Q vs. Spawn

In other words, which being of unlimited power will defeat the other? I'll give the edge to Spawn, but not by very much. Q has a bit more raw power, but Spawn has enough combat training and experience to give him a narrow victory.

Tycho
11-09-2004, 06:21 PM
OK - geek argument time. I have to jump in here and nerd-invade this discussion!

Unicron will not be defeated in an all-out power struggle the traditional way.

But Indianna Jones can find anything so duh: he'd get the Autobot matrix of leadership and figure out how to use it! I'd say that Unicron has met his match in Indianna Jones! - but I'm not voting.

JediTricks
11-09-2004, 10:59 PM
I hate to be a jerk Chux, but Q is an omnipotent god-like creature, Spawn is a hellspawn but is actually vulnerable to be wiped out of existance. You can't kill Q, Q can even access the afterlife or go back in time and make Spawn never exist.

Tycho, what are you, high? The Autobot Matrix of Leadership is far too big for Indy to use, much less use PROPERLY.

Tycho
11-09-2004, 11:40 PM
Indy would tie one handle of the matrix with his bullwhip to a hard structure inside Unicron and then attach the other handle to some wire that's in turn attached to some machinery and use them as fulcron points to pull the matrix open. He'd move fast and figure out a way to do it. His background as an archeologist would help him first investigate and learn what he has to do.

It's David and Goliath all over again! Never underestimate Indianna Jones!

El Chuxter
11-10-2004, 02:17 PM
I have a feeling Indiana (and the planet he's on) would be eaten before he knew what was going on. Unicron is in a power class by himself. According to TF lore (contradictory at times, but in general agreement on this subject), Unicron can only be beaten three ways:

1) Primus, his heroic counterpart and equal. Primus is currently dormant, and his physical form is better known as Cybertron.

2) The Autobot Matrix of Leadership (AKA the Creation Matrix), which is Primus' life force and powers wrapped up in one handy-dandy music box. :)

3) The combined forces of all Cybertronians. This means all Autobots and Decepticons, their sub-teams, and neutral Cybertronians and MiniCons if those exist in a particular universe (though some of the more evil of the Original Twelve Thirteen might be exempt from, like the Fallen and Liege Maximo). In essence, this is the combined might of all Primus' children, and thus equivalent to the Matrix. (The combined armies got whooped in Marvel's TF #75, as Thunderwing, Megatron, several Autobots in stasis, Shockwave, and a few others weren't present, and Jhiaxus' rather large group of allied evil Autobots and Decepticons wasn't even known about at the time, much less involved the battle.)

I'm willing to make some allowances for crossing over between universes (Green Lantern, f'rinstance, could be a good fight for Unicron), but a dude with a whip doesn't quite cut it.

JT, I based my Q vs Spawn results on the fact that (in his world) Spawn has pretty much beaten the devil at his own game, but it seems Q is even more powerful than I thought, so I'm going to change the results. Q beats Spawn.