PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Baseball

The 'Xir
04-04-2004, 03:23 AM
Well my College Hoops thread wasn't as popular as I thought It might be, So I'll try my luck with Baseball!
Who follows baseball? How's your fantasy teams? Who is your favorite team? Who's gonna win it all this year? Discuss the whole 2004 baseball season and more!

Well, my Pirates look about as good as normal that means... pretty lame, but they are ladened with prospects the Top one being OF Jason Bay who is on the DL! :rolleyes: However, although not a rookie, I like OF/1b/C Craig Wilson, I think he is gonna step up this year and suprise alot of people! Maybe, because they are so young and don't know how bad they are suppossed to be, maybe my Pirates might sneak into the playoffs this year... HEY I CAN DREAM CAN'T I?!!! :frus: :crazed: ;)

Who's a baseball freak?!!! :D

Kidhuman
04-04-2004, 10:52 AM
Now we are talking. You actually beat me tothis thread. :beard:

Well my team resides in the Bronx. I dobelieve that this willbe the year that the Trophy returns back there. Adding A-Rod to the mix, along with Brown, Vasquez, and Sheffield is awesome. L:osing Clemens, Pettitte and SOriano was a downer, but we more then made up for it. I wouldnt even consider losing Clemens a biggie, because he basically retired and wasnt gonna play this year anyway.

Other teams that look real good are the Cubbies, 'Stro's, Cards, Red Sox, and Baltimore. Anehiem has improved greatly as well with Colon and Guerrero. The two divisions to watch this year are the AL East and NL Central.

Predictions:

AL East - Yankees
AL Central - White SOx
AL West - ANgels
WIld Card - Bpston

NL East - Phillies
NL Central - Cardinals
NL West - Giants
NL WIld Card - Cubbies.

And to all in the Fantasy League...it has started already. Two games earlier this week and one tonight. PLAY BALL

Kidhuman
04-05-2004, 08:42 AM
WHat is up with Johnny Damon? Did anyone see him on ESPN last night? The man needs to be introduced to a Bic Razor.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-05-2004, 05:02 PM
I saw that the original MLB thread is now lost to the net, so i'm starting up a new one!!!

Glad to see the Cubbies pull out a win though they got me worried by letting their lead slip and i'll be honest when i say that i was yelling at Borowski during the 9th :crazed: That double play by the Reds in the 9th was very awesome i must admit.

Post all your MLB 2004 stuff here!!! GO CUBBIES!!! :D

Kidhuman
04-05-2004, 07:55 PM
Dude check yourself.......its right here...........:beard: <----click (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=23613)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-05-2004, 08:05 PM
oh, snap!!! I don't know how i over looked that!! I'll have LM merge it. thanks! :D

TeeEye7
04-06-2004, 06:45 AM
Atlanta looks to be a potential cellar-dweller this year. Does anyone know why management let everyone go? The team is unrecognizable! :speech:

Kidhuman
04-06-2004, 07:10 AM
getting old and being stingy with cash.

James Boba Fettfield
04-06-2004, 07:00 PM
Sounds like the Reds.

I hate you Carl Linder.

Kidhuman
04-06-2004, 07:28 PM
Well, how do Reds fans feel about Marge Schoott dying a few months back?

James Boba Fettfield
04-06-2004, 08:06 PM
I wasn't a big fan of her, but she is certainly better than Linder.

I think most fans, though, miss her.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-06-2004, 08:37 PM
I wasn't a big fan of her, but she is certainly better than Linder.

I think most fans, though, miss her.

Are you kidding, of course they miss her!! She was the only thing that was remotely exciting about the team!!! Who cares how poorly the Reds are doing?!??! Let's see what former owner and racist Marge Schott has to say about this certain group of people!!! :crazed:

The 'Xir
04-07-2004, 02:14 AM
Hey, I gotta give it up to the New Look Tigers!!! :eek:
Who woulda thought the Tigers would open the seaosn 2-0 against the Blue Jays at Home(Skydome). Wow!!! Let's see if they can make it 3! :cool:

TeeEye7
04-07-2004, 07:02 AM
getting old and being stingy with cash.

Good point. Makes me wonder how in the world the Yankees can afford the payroll (or should I say ol' Georgie Boy). Tickets must cost a grand apiece to see a game in order to pay for the team.

Yankee tickets: $1000
Hot Dog and Beer: $750
Excursion to Yankee Stadium: Bankruptcy
(Forget the MasterCard!)

Kidhuman
04-07-2004, 07:09 AM
When I left NYC 3 years ago, tickets were fair priced. 25 for box seats, 10 for bleacher seats. It helps when you draw 3 million a year.

jjreason
04-07-2004, 11:53 AM
Xir is right..... let's review the Tigers' season so far:

2-0.

14 runs produced.

ERA of 1.5.

and best of all..........

NOT YET MATHEMATICALLY ELIMINATED!!!!!!!!!! :D

Too bad Dmitri Young went out with a broken fibula last night, 6 week minimum for recovery. :(

James Boba Fettfield
04-07-2004, 04:26 PM
Are you kidding, of course they miss her!! She was the only thing that was remotely exciting about the team!!! Who cares how poorly the Reds are doing?!??! Let's see what former owner and racist Marge Schott has to say about this certain group of people!!! :crazed:

Yeah, WEBN (a great Cincy radio station) had a lot of fun with composing songs about her. One involved her mistaking Barry Larkin for a lawn jockey, I suppose you can guess what that song was aimed at.

Hopefully I can catch another game at the still new stadium in Cincinnati this year. Last year's experience left me wondering if I would make it back to the car without collapsing from heat exhaustion. Maybe we'll pick night games this year, but this one was televised on FOX that Saturday, and well . . . you can never miss the possible opportunities of having your face on the television.

TeeEye7
04-08-2004, 06:52 AM
When I left NYC 3 years ago, tickets were fair priced. 25 for box seats, 10 for bleacher seats. It helps when you draw 3 million a year.

Wow! This is reasonable! NYC has the rep of being very pricey. I'm extremely suprised! Good deal for the fans.

I'd like to see the Yankees play in person one of these days. They play Anaheim in a couple of weeks, the only time they'll play there this year, and my schedule won't allow me to make it. Maybe next year :(

Thanks for the info, KH!

GTI7 ;)

Kidhuman
04-08-2004, 08:00 AM
Not a problem. Maybe you can head to Oakland or up to Seattle(sp? its early) to see them play as well.

QLD
04-08-2004, 08:37 AM
GO Braves.

As far as answering the earlier question about the Braves, I'll do my best.

I do not think they will be celler-dwellars. They may not win their 13th division title, but they will compete for it.

As to why they let everyone go, well, blame AOL/TImeWarner. Once they took control over the team, and Ted Turner lost control, they became unwilling to spend money to sign or keep marquee players.

They let Glavine go because, he wanted a guaranteed 4-year contract. They did not believe, nor did I, that he was capable of being a strong pitcher for another 4 years. Plus, truth be told, even with all he did for the Braves, I NEVER liked Glavine. He was always rude, a very streaky pitcher, and he said some things during the baseball strike and playoff losses, that made me uber-****ed.

Letting Maddux go was a huge blow to me. I believe they could have signed him relatively cheap, but they didn't really try. His abilities have dwindled, but not tothe point that Glavine's have. Plus, he is a sure HOFer and a great person. I wanted him to retire a Brave.

Sheffield was again, a salary dump. They never even really considered re-signing him/ Though, they did trade for J.D. Drew, who I feel is a serviceable replacement, but a slight downgrade.

Javy Lopez, well, I might be proven wrong, but I do not think he will EVER have a season like last year again. Javy has had two great seasons in his career, and they were both contract years. I did not have a problem with them letting him go, as his salary demands were way above what I think he is TRULY worth.

I think you will see marcus Giles turn into a fantastic hitter this season. 30 homers and .300+ average are virtually guaranteed. If Drew can stay healthy, and the Jones' can produce their usual numbers, the Braves will still be competitive.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-08-2004, 11:14 AM
Well, being out of town, I didn't get a chance to brag about my Pirates heading for the first 162-0 season. Dang. Now I have to settle for a wasted 161-1 year. :dis: The crummy thing is that since most papers publish standings in alphabetical order, the P-men almost never are on the top of the Central. I am quite disappointed in the lack of the famous pirate smiley; arr! The bearded one just isn't the same. Let's try: :pirate: C'mon: :pirate: Dang!

My predictions:
AL West - Anaheim Pirates
AL Central - Kansas City Pirates
AL East - Boston Pirates
Wild Card - New York Pirate$

NL West - San Francisco Pirates
NL Central - Pitt... Pitts... ugh... Chicago Pirates (I just can't do it)
NL East - Philadelphia Pirates
Wild Card -Houston Pirates

Go Pirates!

James Boba Fettfield
04-08-2004, 03:49 PM
Well, I hope all the games for the Reds will go as well as these last two.

Playing for respect, no hope for any titles...yet.

Kidhuman
04-08-2004, 07:20 PM
Yankees win again. Who can believe that the Motor City Kitties are 4-0? What up wif dat? :beard:

Bel-Cam Jos
04-09-2004, 11:41 AM
Now I have to settle for a wasted 161-1 year. :dis:

Go Pirates!
At 2-1, 161 wins is still possible! :crazed:
Seriously, I think Pitt has a chance at a .500 year, maybe 3rd place, which for them, is decent. I'll have to see when they come to the west coast (LA, SD, or Anaheim), since it'll be a while before I get back to da 'Boigh.

[Edit]BTW, checking the schedule:
Tue,Aug. 3 10:10 pm at Los Angeles Dodgers FSN
Wed,Aug. 4 10:10 pm at Los Angeles Dodgers FSN
Thu,Aug. 5 3:10 pm at Los Angeles Dodgers
Fri,Aug. 6 10:05 pm at San Diego Padres FSN
Sat,Aug. 7 10:05 pm at San Diego Padres FSN
Sun,Aug. 8 4:05 pm at San Diego Padres FSN

So please don't go and buy all the tickets, leaving me without any! :p

James Boba Fettfield
04-09-2004, 12:36 PM
I don't know, BCJ. I'm hoping the Reds can make the sweep this weekend in Cincy to get some momentum behind their week long road trip.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-10-2004, 12:09 AM
Well, glad to see that even after a few losses to Reds and some odd calls in Atlanta, the Cubs were able to pull off a victory in 15 innings. Hopefully, this'll start a chain of victories!! :D

Kidhuman
04-10-2004, 07:57 AM
The Cubbies need Prior back to stableize the rotation and get them a nice streak going. Until then, kind of expect lackluster performance from them. Once he is back, he Wood, and the rest of the rotation will feel in order. Oh yeah, Give Sammy back his corked bat too.:beard:

QLD
04-10-2004, 12:08 PM
Cubbies are going down today baby!

jjreason
04-10-2004, 05:06 PM
The bubble finally burst, Twinkies 10 Tiggers 5 today at Comerica. Still, great start and with any luck they can shake this one off. I'm hoping to get down to the yard when I'm back in Ontario, but the schedule isn't super friendly. I might have to make the LONG drive from Toronto (4 hrs plus) to catch the Oakland game on May 16th. I loved Tiger Stadium as much as the next guy, but the new park sure does have some things going for it. The statues of tigers (actual tigers, I mean) out front are nearly worth the price of a cheap ticket. Beautiful place.

Kidhuman
04-10-2004, 06:51 PM
The Tigers do look good. They had decent pitching last year just couldnt score runs. They added a few bats and now look at them.

Yankees have been sucking it up the last couple of days. Freakin ump blew that call on A-Rod could of changed the whole game.

The 'Xir
04-10-2004, 07:42 PM
I am quite disappointed in the lack of the famous pirate smiley; arr! The bearded one just isn't the same.

Yeah what did happen to the Pirate smiley? I thought about that when I first created this thread 'cause I went to use him and he wasn't there!!! :eek:
The rest of the smilies are striking until his return!!! Form the line boys!!!

:( :p :o :cry: :mad: :eek: :confused: :frus: :sur: :evil: :stupid: :cool: :crazed: :dead: :bored: :classic: :nerv: :ermm: :dis: :beard: :speech: :neutral:
Pirate! Pirate! Pirate! Pirate! Pirate! Pirate! Pirate! Pirate! Pirate! Pirate!

although a few scabs are trying to cross...

:) ;) :D lol :rolleyes: :kiss: :greedy:

Kidhuman
04-10-2004, 07:51 PM
:Pirate: smilie is still there, just hit the show more link

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-10-2004, 09:46 PM
Meh!! Damn Pratt blowing a perfectly good lead!!!! I hope Dusty and Mitre beat him with a shoe after tonights game. Meh!!! Lookin' forward to tomorrow's game, hopefully we'll get some decent pitching and the Braves won't get lucky. :)

jjreason
04-11-2004, 01:28 AM
Pedro Martinez got a big win for the Bosox today (and as, if not more importantly, my pool team). I thought he looked really off his game on opening day - 88mph ain't the Pedro I know. Better today, and that's bloody good news for Beantown.

James Boba Fettfield
04-11-2004, 02:45 PM
I just want to say I love Adam Dunn. :kiss:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-11-2004, 03:54 PM
Holy bajesus!!! The Cubs simply PUNISHED the Braves for what happened last night!!! Man o man!!!! It was pretty much homerun derby for the Cubs in the 8th and 9th and if Jones hadn't sprung like a kangaroo, the score would've been higher for the Cubs!!! 2 out of 3 in Atlanta is great and i'm excited for the home opener tomorrow!!! :D

On a side note, why do the fans who attend the Braves games suck? Anybody else notice that even last year during the playoffs, they don't seem to make enough noise, not even enough to cover up the roars from the traveling cubs fans. Just an observation. Go Cubbies!! :)

Kidhuman
04-11-2004, 04:09 PM
Yanks snapping that 2 game skid was nice. Mussina gets the milestone out of the way, hopefully he will settle down and pitch good for the rest of the year. TRhat kid Bubba Crosby has a sweet swing for the short porch in right.

JBF, Adam Dunn ois awesome for power, but he cant do anything else. :beard:

JMG, Wood looked real good, 11K's in 7. And the Braves fans are worse than a golf gallery. SO dang quiet. ??? :beard:

jjreason
04-11-2004, 07:33 PM
Tigers win again, this time in extra innings. 5-1 ain't too bad.... I'm proud of the boys for shaking off that loss. :cool:

James Boba Fettfield
04-12-2004, 03:51 PM
Very awesome for power, KH.

If the pitching stays constant, then this might be a surprise season that's been needed in Cincy for awhile.

jjreason
04-13-2004, 02:12 AM
Man, I am so predominantly an AL fan I must say I have never seen Adam Dunn play. Isn't that terrible? Sometimes I regret my narrowsightedness, and stay tuned for the NL highlights some nights.... but as far as watching an entire afternoon of NL ball, if it ain't the Cubs - it ain't happening.

Senior Circuit my fanny. :P

James Boba Fettfield
04-16-2004, 07:22 PM
Damn the Cubs. That's all I have to say about that.

Edit for the following day's victory over the Cubs

Hooray bad calls and Adam Dunn!

jjreason
04-18-2004, 05:25 AM
Mini 2 game losing streak ended - Tigers beat the Indians this afternoon.

Did anyone see (or at least see highlights) of Bonds vs. Gagne a couple of nights ago? How the hell can he even see those pitches let alone yard one out? Apparently the heater he hit over the fence was coming in at 101mph. :eek:

Bel-Cam Jos
04-18-2004, 09:48 AM
Okay, okay. This myopic Pittsburgh fan got a little carried away. Ha, ha; we can all have a good laugh now. Go 161-1? I don't think so. Ha, ha, ha! Yes; a good laugh at Bel-Cam's folly.

Now it's gonna be 157-5, baby! Woo hoo! Get on the Bucco Express! :Pirate:

25 years after the Famm-ah-lee, what an anniversay. If the Marlins can do it, surely an established franchise can shock the world! And since we're still only 1 1/2 games out, we will make the playoffs as the '04 NL Central Champs! :Pirate: Mesa's calm enough to save 5 of our 6 wins, the team's hitting well, the pitching's holding up, and we've only played 3 at home. Oh, by the way, what letter ends this year? That's right: R. Arr! :Pirate:

Threepio and Han said it best: "delusions of grandeur." :crazed:
:p

Kidhuman
04-18-2004, 11:39 AM
Ok, Yesterdays Cub game:

Wood gets some really questionable calls.
He gets hit and gives up the runs.
Dusty takes him out.
Wood charges umpire and gets ejected.

What is the sense in ejecting him if he was already out of the game???? :beard:

The 'Xir
04-18-2004, 08:46 PM
Man ever since I've been playin' fantasy baseball, I've hardly come here to SSG! I gotta get back in the swing of things(pun intended).
How about them Bucco's Bel-Cam!!! My little foresight on Mr. Craig Wilson has so far stayed true as well! Man I hope they leave him in the lineup when Jason Bay returns! Either sit Simon down although I doubt they'll do that, or just sit who ever in the linep isn't doing well, and shift the positions, cause Craig needs to stay in the lineup! Actually their must be something about the Wilsons in Pitt, 'cause Jack has been pretty hot at SS as well!
Wells is 2-1, Bensons 2-0 and although Fogg has to pick it up a bit, even Perez got a quality win the other day! Who knows, as I've said before, Because the Bucs are so young maybe they don't know how bad they're suppossed to be so they'll just keep winning! Let's go Bucco's! NL CHAMPS!!! :nerv:

Kidhuman
04-18-2004, 08:52 PM
Bout time the Yankees beat the tar out of the Sox. Man hiopefully we can gain a split tomorrow. Buccos look good, but didnt they do the same last year? Just gotta watch out for the Sausage races in Wisconson. :beard:

James Boba Fettfield
04-18-2004, 09:50 PM
I know how you feel about that series, KH.

I feel the same way about the Reds four game stint in Wrigley that concludes tomorrow. They've been playing exciting games these past three days in Chicago, and I hope tomorrow's is the same in quality (and ending with a Reds victory!)

Gotta love that Chicago wind, it was really something for today's high scoring affair.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot....DUNN!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-19-2004, 05:25 PM
FINALLY!!! My Cubbies are back in working order and tearing the Reds a new one!!! It's about time with all the wacky calls and homers that the Cubs end up on the better end of the stick!! :D

That 7th inning was off the hook with that Grand Slam by Lee!!! Crazy!! :D

Kidhuman
04-19-2004, 05:27 PM
Rumors of Prior out for the year???? I hope not. He will remain on the DL on my team until October 1st.

The 'Xir
04-19-2004, 11:27 PM
Dusty snaps back!!! Suppossedly those rumors are BS KH! A reporter asked him, if they could compete throughout the season and for a championship without Prior, and being practical Baker replied, "of course, you can't worry about who you don't have, you have to prove that you can on the field with the players you do have!" Somehow that got twisted around in the papers that Prior was done for the year! You know how reporters are! :rolleyes:
So Dusty lambasted reporters today for the false reports, and mentioned how Prior felt fine, didn't have any soreness in his elbow or achilles, and how he planned to throw off a mound tommorrow! So take that for what it's worth!
Cool thing...Bucco's Cubbies series starts tommorrow! :D Let's rock!!!
C. Wilson step up to the plate, C. Wilson swing the bat, C. Wilson hit the ball, see the ball clear the fence, C. Wilson land a permanant spot in the lineup as he crosses home plate! :D I can only hope! :Ponder:

bobafrett
04-20-2004, 01:08 AM
I've already got stressed watching the last four Cubs games vs. the Reds. Man what a lot of runs scored! Too bad the Cubs fell short during Sundays contest, but I tell you Fridays game had me jumping for joy with back to back Jacks by Sosa and Alou in the bottom of the ninth. This is the year my hair goes completely gray!!

Kidhuman
04-21-2004, 10:52 PM
Man, A-Rod is finally hitting it seems. Posada is on fire. Yankees lookin good.

Prior threw 50 pitches off a mound today. Hopefully he will be backin a few weeks, Mid-May has been rumored. I need him to anchor my Fantasy staff down. Its a shame when Wakefield is the best pitcher on my team right now. :beard:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-21-2004, 11:02 PM
Cubs are tied for 1st, baby!!! WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!! They've been destroying the Pirates the last few games too. I just hope they can repeat tomorrow and sweep the series!!! That would rock!! :D

yeah, KH, quit cryin' about the fantasty league man, the cubbies want him back, ya know, in something i call REALITY. :crazed: hehehehehe

James Boba Fettfield
04-21-2004, 11:14 PM
Man, I've been in love with KH regarding the fantasy baseball. Well, in love as in a :beard: sort of way.

KH advised me about picking up Paul Lo Duca and, well...the stats are speaking for themselves so far.

Kidhuman
04-22-2004, 07:37 AM
Its all good JBF, I understood what ya meant. :beard:

The 'Xir
04-22-2004, 08:23 AM
Man I don't know what is up with my Pirates? I think it must be a mental thing or something when they play the cubbies, because this series should be just like the reds one, a high scoring affair, and only the cubs have lived up to their end of it! I can't take anything away from what the cubbies have done, but I just hope my Pirates can save face and put it to'em today! Go Buccco's!!! :nerv:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-23-2004, 06:51 PM
Holy crap!! Maddux FINALLY gets a win!!! Great game today!! go cubbies!!!

Bel-Cam Jos
04-23-2004, 07:40 PM
Man I don't know what is up with my Pirates? I think it must be a mental thing or something when they play the cubbies, because this series should be just like the reds one, a high scoring affair, and only the cubs have lived up to their end of it! I can't take anything away from what the cubbies have done, but I just hope my Pirates can save face and put it to'em today! Go Buccco's!!! :nerv:
'Xir, it's due to pitchers hitting. Remember when Bob Walk used to smash homers at Wrigley? That's their problem: no power from the 9 spot.

:rolleyes:

Hmm.

Keep in mind though, they'll still go 151-11. Right? Right?? Sigh... :ermm:

James Boba Fettfield
04-23-2004, 10:07 PM
Woooo, Adam Dunn :kiss:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-24-2004, 09:01 PM
Cubbies are ON FIRE!!! 5 wins in a row, baby!!!! Glad to see that Sammy had a great day and added another homer to his record. Wood was also brilliant tonight!!! :D

On a side note, it looks like the Yanks are in a HUGE slump!!! 3 losses in a row?!?! Frankly, i love the idea of the Yanks gettin' destroyed by the Red Sox. Just proves there is justice in the world...(ducks from KH's punch) cheers! :D

Kidhuman
04-24-2004, 10:15 PM
Red SOx can win all they want now. It matters down the stretch when they usually choke. We shall see come October. And ya know George will get that starter he needs. :beard:

James Boba Fettfield
04-25-2004, 01:03 AM
I'd be surprised if the Yankees played a majority of this season like they are playing now.

I won't boast of the Reds again today, but Larkin's been quite the surprise as of late. Just stay healthy Dunn, Griffey and Kearns, oh please stay healthy.

bobafrett
04-25-2004, 08:44 AM
Cubbies are ON FIRE!!! 5 wins in a row, baby!!!! Glad to see that Sammy had a great day and added another homer to his record. Wood was also brilliant tonight!!! :D

On a side note, it looks like the Yanks are in a HUGE slump!!! 3 losses in a row?!?! Frankly, i love the idea of the Yanks gettin' destroyed by the Red Sox. Just proves there is justice in the world...(ducks from KH's punch) cheers! :D

Yes, and not only that but the opposition has hit only 4 runs in 5 games. That was some superior pitching by the Cubs, and for a few games the hitters were lighting it up. If they keep it going, I will be a very happy man come October. :D

Bel-Cam Jos
04-25-2004, 10:03 AM
Sigh... :ermm: the Pirates would be doing so well if they didn't have to play the Reds, or the Cubs...

...or the Astros...

...or the Dodgers...

...or the Marlins...

I suppose I'll have to settle for a wasted 145-17 year now... :bored:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-25-2004, 04:58 PM
BOOYA!!!! 6 game win streak!!! Clement with 13 strike outs!!! BRILLIANT game played by the Cubbies!!!! We're headin' to Arizona for tomorrow!! woohooo!!! :D

bobafrett
04-25-2004, 05:02 PM
BOOYA!!!! 6 game win streak!!! Clement with 12 strike outs!!! BRILLIANT game played by the Cubbies!!!! We're headin' to Arizona for tomorrow!! woohooo!!! :D

Make that a career high 13 strikeouts for Clement, and 5 runs in the last 6 games for the opposition. Kinda hard for the other teams to win when they only score one run per game or less!

Bring on Randy Johnson and the D-Backs!

James Boba Fettfield
04-26-2004, 09:27 PM
Looks like my hopes for a healthy outfield are gone. Damn Pirates.

The 'Xir
04-26-2004, 11:11 PM
:Pirate: :Pirate: :Pirate: :Pirate: :Pirate: :Pirate: :Pirate: :Pirate:

AAARRRRRR!!!!! Your women and children are next!!!!!!!!!!!!! Say hello to the DL Austin! :evil:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
04-27-2004, 12:01 AM
Ah, i guess ya win some ya lose some. It's now the 8th and the Cubbies are down by 9, so i'm assuming it's over. I'm hoping that i'll go to bed in a few, wake up and see that they won it in 12 innings 10-9, but i'm not holding my breath. :crazed: Tough luck, cubs!

James Boba Fettfield
04-28-2004, 11:48 AM
Tough luck out in Arizona for the Cubs.

As for the Reds...I hope last night's ninth inning performance is not an indicator of future performances. Calm those kids down on defense, because an inning full of errors is not the way to get Graves another save.

Kidhuman
04-28-2004, 09:33 PM
Yankees finally wake up and put up double digits last night. Iknow they were up3-0 in the first. We back on our way to the top.

Kidhuman
04-30-2004, 07:11 AM
How about the Yankees pulling off the swep of Oak-Town. Finally the bats have come to life. Brown is now 4-0 as well. Sweeping Oakland is sweet, but beating Zito, Mulder and Hudson makes it that much better.

James Boba Fettfield
04-30-2004, 08:59 AM
Good, I don't like Oakland.

Now I will recall the 1990 World Series. :D

Bel-Cam Jos
04-30-2004, 07:21 PM
Good, I don't like Oakland.

Now I will recall the 1990 World Series. :D
And who was the only team to beat the Reds in the postseason that year?

I'll give you a second...

... it starts with a pie...

... and ends with a writ...

... that's right!

The Pittsburgh Pirates, baby! :Pirate: Yeah! Losing to the eventual World Series champ is all we can hope for these years! :rolleyes:

BTW, can the Wilson boys become the new Waners, (sp?) Big and Little Poison? Both are hitting over .370 right now.

Kidhuman
05-01-2004, 01:36 PM
A little baseball humor for you guys. :beard: (http://cnn.aimtoday.cnn.com/news/story.jsp?floc=NW_4-L2&oldflok=FF-APO-1120&idq=/ff/story/0001%2F20040430%2F2244574985.htm&sc=1120)

Kidhuman
05-02-2004, 10:29 PM
Yankees win 6 in a row. How sweet is it? So sweet its :beard:

How much fun is this guy having? Oh, his name is R.A. Dickey

James Boba Fettfield
05-02-2004, 10:43 PM
More fun than the Reds are having in Houston

The 'Xir
05-11-2004, 02:45 AM
Hey I'm BACK!!! My computer got a trojan horse virus so I didn't have it for about 3 weeks while I got it wiped and reloaded!

The Pirates have lost 6 in a row!!!! WHOO HOO!!! How-a-bout them Buccos! :D Arrr :Pirate:

Kidhuman
05-11-2004, 06:04 AM
Welcome back. And yeah Pirates are amazing.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-18-2004, 09:52 PM
Man, it was truly a sight watching Randy Johnson throw a no-hitter AND a perfect game against the Braves tonight. I was also happy to see the Braves crowd, who are usually very silent as if they're in a museum, give him an ovation and support. Congrats, Randy!! :D

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-18-2004, 11:00 PM
I saw the tail end of Johnson's game and it was phenomenal to watch. Did you see the sweat on his brow? I can't imagine throwing that many pitches with the intensity that he has, throwing them down the plate.

I caught a Friday and Saturday's games between the Bo Sox and Blue Jays at Skydome last weekend. On Friday we stayed at the Skydome Renaissance Hotel which conveniently allows you to watch the games from your hotel room without ever leaving it. Just had to simply look at the window. It only works if your room is on the north side of the hotel.

If you are lucky enough to play with the dome open, you get an amazing view of the CN Tower, soaring just above you. I love the sights and sounds of the city, and if you are within driving distance of Toronto, I reccomend you catch a Jays game and soak the comforts the city has to offer.

BTW, the Bo Sox won both games (but lost Thursday and Sunday, games I did not attend). And at least 40% and possibly as high as 50% of the fans there were cheering for the Sox. If you ever attend a Buffalo Sabres game at the HSBC Arena, and Toronto is in town, you would get the same feeling as the Leafs fan cross the border and take over the arena those nights.

QLD
05-19-2004, 02:30 PM
Yay Braves!!! 31 strikeouts in their last two games!

Bel-Cam Jos
05-30-2004, 10:32 AM
The Pittsburgh Pirates are hands down, the best last-place team in the majors. Cases in point:

- Only last-place team over .500 (next highest is .375)
- Among the league leaders in road wins (we won't talk about PNC's record :rolleyes: )
- Only last-place team that's within 9 games of first (they're 4 back)
- The only "small market team" that anybody roots for (okay, that's up for debate)

I say, let 8 teams per league make the playoffs, like basketball and hockey! Have the playoffs go for 6 weeks, into December... yeah. :frus: Nobody'd want to mess with the Pirates.

SLAP!

(Get a hold of yourself, man! Bel-Cam, check your map; reality is THIS way! :crazed: )

p.s. Go Bucs!

Kidhuman
05-30-2004, 02:51 PM
The Bucs are on the verge of sweeping the Cubbies. :D

Yankees are in first place. :D

Not a bad weekend so far. :beard:

bobafrett
05-31-2004, 08:28 AM
The Bucs are on the verge of sweeping the Cubbies. :D

Yankees are in first place. :D

Not a bad weekend so far. :beard:

At least the Cubs managed to salvage one game on the six game road trip. Losing Prior and Wood has hurt, along with the 7 or so other players we have on the DL. At least the Cubs are back home today.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-05-2004, 03:48 PM
I haven't said this in a while, "cubs win!! cubs win!! hooooooly cow!!" After Borowski messing up countless wins over the last week, it was good to see the Cubs rally and whomp up on the Bucs today. It all started thanks to the error of one former Cub, Randall Simon.

Prior was FANTASTIC yesterday and not enough words can be said about this. It was just a shame that Borowski went and f-ed it up.

I had to laugh at myself as my dad and i had been talking ALL WEEK about how Ordonez has been a waste and lo n' behold, he gave us the single that sent the Cubbies ahead. Glad to see a little insurance homer by Lee as well. Lastly, Baker should send Borowski to the minors for a bit and let Latroy be the closer as he's had much better success. It's frustrating as hell to watch even here in Ohio and i know it must be worse back home in Chicago. Hell, you could stick Bobafrett and myself in to close or we'd probably do better. :p Cheers! :D

bobafrett
06-07-2004, 12:43 AM
Cubs win again today. I had to turn the game off at the middle of 8th inning. It was only Cubs 2, Bucs 1 and with the way the bullpen has been, I was afraid they would give yet another fine starting pitching perfornance slip away. I just checked the score and The Cubs got some insurance runs at the bottom of the 8th, and they managed to get a two game winning streak going!

Kidhuman
06-07-2004, 02:32 AM
Giambi steps back to the plate like he didnt miss a day. Yankees arein first and there is no way to stop them now.(except major injuries.)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-14-2004, 10:06 PM
well, I am VERY proud to say that my Cubbies not only owned the Astros tonight, but gave Mr. Clemens his first loss of the season as well as giving Prior his first win of 2004. Man, that feels delightful!! It was great to see the whole team lighting up. Alou with that ROCKET that hit the cement wall in left, Walker with two homers and Lee is just on fire!! I do like how the announcer, Rick Sutcliffe, former Cub mind you, was pretty much making excuses about the Astros being tired even though the Cubbies played 15 innings yesterday (thanks to Kyle Farnsworth) and didn't arrive until 4 am that morning. I guess the Astros are a bunch of Pansies. :crazed:

It's also great to see young fellows take the spotlight and pull through for the Cubs. Leicter picking up the first win of his career and Jimmy Anderson getting his first major league save. wooho! :D

Bel-Cam Jos
07-14-2004, 02:53 PM
If the Indians get 4 All-Stars, why couldn't the Pirates have had more than 1? What about Jose Mesa? Unfair... :mad:

But the Buccos are on a quiet roll. Only a few games under .500 and winning at home. Remember, they can still finish at 115-47! :rolleyes:

jjreason
07-19-2004, 07:47 PM
Got a great deal today, and I have baseball to thank! There I am, all alone on the couch, both kids having naps and the wife at work. Check the satellite, the Yanks and D-Rays are on! Flip to that channel - d'oh, subscription required. Well, I'm feeling curious (and I didn't have to get off the couch to get the phone, the stars were aligned - it was right beside me on the armrest!!!) so I call the 1-800 number. Guess how much it cost me to get 4 more all-sports channels? 39 cents per month!!!!!

Needless to say, I give Mr. Customer service the go-ahead, and on pops the Yankees, game still in the first inning. Well within about 2 minutes it's 4 nothing D-RAYS (YAY!!! KILL DEM BUMS!!!!!) and I'm grinning ear to ear. A very fitting quote from Seinfeld came to mind:

YAY SPORTS!!!!!!!!

:D

:beard:

Bel-Cam Jos
08-10-2004, 10:50 AM
Well, my Pirates can still finish at 104-58... :rolleyes: :crazed: Can Rob Mackowiak hit a 9th inning homer to beat the Yankees at The House That The Red Sox Indirectly Built in Game 7, 44 years after another hard-to-spell player? :crazed: :crazed: And will coal return as the US's main heating source, reinvigorating Da 'Boigh another time? :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Kidhuman
08-10-2004, 11:13 PM
No he can not. :D :beard:

Bel-Cam Jos
08-11-2004, 04:28 PM
No he can not. :D :beard:
But, he can hit a GW RBI double (that just missed being a HR) in the bottom of the 9th to beat the Giants (who used to play in NY). Huh? Huh? :D

Kidhuman
08-12-2004, 12:48 PM
Yeah he did, but they cant make it to the WS without getting into the playoffs first. :D

Bel-Cam Jos
08-13-2004, 12:06 PM
Yeah he did, but they cant make it to the WS without getting into the playoffs first. :D
You and your reality and logic! :rolleyes: BTW, guess who's no longer in last, and only 2 games out of 3rd in the NL Central? Watch out, St. Louis! :crazed:

The 'Xir
08-13-2004, 12:24 PM
You and your reality and logic! :rolleyes: BTW, guess who's no longer in last, and only 2 games out of 3rd in the NL Central? Watch out, St. Louis! :crazed:

Isn't it sad that we can get excited about the possibliity of 3th place in a 6 team division!!! Uh my poor Pirates! But Hey, atleast we don't have to worry about anything like what the Expos are going through...not yet atleast! :nerv: It would be a sad day for the game If one of it's oldest and most storied franchises in the Pirates had to be sold and moved! I dred the possibility!
Go Buccos!!!

Bel-Cam Jos
08-13-2004, 05:38 PM
But Hey, atleast we don't have to worry about anything like what the Expos are going through...not yet atleast! :nerv: It would be a sad day for the game If one of it's oldest and most storied franchises in the Pirates had to be sold and moved! I dred the possibility!
Go Buccos!!!
Well, 'Xir, I talked to the stadium people, and they said they'd make sure the team stayed in Pittsburgh at least until I get a chance to see the new ballpark. ;) Also, the '06 All Star game is there, so it'll remain for some time.

Besides, without the Pirates, how would teams get such stars as Bonds, Schmidt, Giles, Bonilla, Bell, Neagle, Benson, Womack, King, Ramirez, ... :(

The 'Xir
08-14-2004, 01:56 AM
It's scary the team back in the late 80's early 90's the Pirates used to have!
Bonds, Bonilla, Van Slyke, LaValliere, Bream, Lind, Bell, King(little later), than we had two 20 game winners in Doug Drabek and John Smiley who we trade away once they both won 20 games! Can't have those on our team! :rolleyes:

Bel-Cam Jos
08-14-2004, 10:26 PM
It's scary the team back in the late 80's early 90's the Pirates used to have!
Bonds, Bonilla, Van Slyke, LaValliere, Bream, Lind, Bell, King(little later), than we had two 20 game winners in Doug Drabek and John Smiley who we trade away once they both won 20 games! Can't have those on our team! :rolleyes:
They were the first "Killer Bs," as we could field almost a complete lineup with that letter: 1B Sid Bream, SS Jay Bell, 3B Wally Backman, LF Barry Bonds, RF Bobby Bonilla, RP Stan Belinda. Only had holes at 2B and CF.

Other greats from those days:
Bob Walk (great hitting pitcher)
RJ Reynolds (smokin' hot! :p )
Don Slaught (good hitter behind the plate)
Gary Redus (underrated bench player)
Bob Kipper (excellent set-up man)
Jim Gott (short career, great stopper)
John Wehner (tried to be the next "Poison" player)
Orlando Merced (I think he's still playing somewhere)
Alex Cole (remember those goggles?)
Tim Wakefield (seems like an eternity since he wore other than Sox red)

Sigh... :ermm: Arr... :Pirate:

Bel-Cam Jos
08-17-2004, 03:23 PM
Fourth place, y'all. 4th. Yup. You heard right. The Buccos are makin' their move. Watch out; you don't want to play a team on a 58-game win streak (since they can still finish at 102-60) going into the post-season!
:Pirate: Arr!

Bel-Cam Jos
08-22-2004, 10:44 AM
Sadly, the Pirates' dreams of a 100-victory season are officially over (or, maybe it was just my dream :rolleyes: ). Where's the excitement over this baseball season, people? Or, like me, are you all saddened by these recent Pittsburgh events so much that you can't even talk about baseball issues?

jjreason
08-22-2004, 12:54 PM
Well, the Tigers' miserable performance against divisional rivals since the All-Star break has been frustrating. I've been happier watching the Red Sox, Cubbies and Giants lately - I think the NL Wildcard race will shape up here to be pretty interesting down the stretch. Still hoping against hope Detroit can climb out of their shallow below .500 depression (approx 10 games right now), but their marked improvement over last year has still impressed me regardless of their record at the end of the year.

The 'Xir
08-25-2004, 01:52 AM
The Tigers are in need of some serious pitching? Excuse me, they just need any pitchers! Who do they have? Bonderman? Maroth? Who? That's why they crashed so badly, they were just pretenders the first half of the season!
I'm also looking forward to the NL wild card race! Should be fun, and, "Pitch to Barry!!!". Although I'm rooting for the cubbies!

I mean go Buccos!!! :Pirate:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-26-2004, 09:37 AM
Well, we're approaching the final stretch of hte season and my Cubbies are clinging to a small lead in the Wild Card. This is going to become more and more nerve racking as the last weeks approach.

I do like the whole controversey with Wrigley Field and Chicago Mayor Richard Daley. For those of you who don't know, The Chicago Sun Times made a few harsh comments about Daley a few weeks and in retaliation, he has made it his primary goal to cause more problems with Wrigley and its construction issues. The Sun Times owns the Cubbies and Daley is a huge Sox fan. Check out the article at MLB.com

"The headline in Wednesday's Chicago Sun-Times was blunt: "Daley snipes at Cubs: 'Get a team.'"

The ongoing feud between City Hall and the Chicago Cubs took another strange turn as Mayor Richard Daley defended the threat to close Wrigley Field because of falling concrete, then took a swipe at the team. The city of Chicago building commissioner gave the team the go-ahead Monday to play at Wrigley, but wants improvements made by the 2005 season.

"If a piece of concrete fell on your head ... and your child, what would you do? You'd be yelling at the city every day," Daley said Wednesday.

The mayor is a diehard Chicago White Sox fan, and when asked about the Cubs said, "They should get a team."

Maybe Daley should check the standings. The Cubs entered Wednesday's game in first place in the National League Wild Card race, while his White Sox were 61-62 and eight games out of first place in the American League Central Division. The Sox are 9 1/2 games back in the AL Wild Card."

I just love that retort: "Maybe Daley should check the standings"- too freakin' funny!!! Go Cubbies!! :crazed:

Kidhuman
08-26-2004, 10:06 AM
The same thing happened at Yankee Stadium a few years back. Some concrete fell and they closed they Stadium for a few days. They had to play at filthy @ss Shea.

Kidhuman
09-17-2004, 09:20 PM
Baseball suspended pitcher Franl Fransisco for the rest of the year. For those of you who dont know, he threw a steel chair into the stands and broke a womans nose. He threw it because her husband was heckling hte players. I think he deserves more and hope he gets his butt sued for this.

ANAHEIM, Calif. (AP) -- Texas Rangers pitcher Frank Francisco was suspended for the rest of the season and fined Friday for throwing a chair that hit a woman and broke her nose during a game at Oakland earlier this week.

Francisco appealed the suspension, which will last no less than 16 regular-season games if upheld, said Bob Watson, baseball's vice president in charge of discipline. Lawyers were discussing whether Francisco would start serving the penalty while the appeal is pending, which would be unusual for a baseball discipline case.

The suspension is among the harshest assessed by the commissioner's office for on-field conduct in recent decades, trailing only the 30-day suspension given Cincinnati manager Pete Rose in 1988 for pushing umpire Dave Pallone.

``I don't feel good about it, but whatever they say, I have to take it,'' Francisco said. ``I really don't want to talk about it.''

Pitcher Doug Brocail was suspended for seven games, and reliever Carlos Almanzar and hitting coach Rudy Jaramillo were each suspended for five games, and all were fined. Brocail and Almanzer appealed, meaning the penalties cannot start until after a hearing before Bob DuPuy, baseball's chief operating officer.

Jaramillo's suspension was scheduled to begin Friday night against Anaheim. Almanzar declined comment.

Francisco, who was fined about $10,000 by Watson, threw the chair into the right-field box seats and hit two spectators in the head on Monday night during Texas' 7-6, 10-inning loss. With two outs in the ninth inning, the Rangers' Alfonso Soriano tied the game 5-5 with his second homer of the night. Moments later, with Hank Blalock at the plate, the Texas bench and bullpen cleared.

Francisco was arrested and taken from the stadium to jail, where he was booked and his mug shot was taken. He was released about two hours later on $15,000 bail.

``Obviously, I'm upset about it,'' Brocail said. ``I'll take it up with Bob and, hopefully, it will be looked at a little closer, and we'll go from there.

``I regret that there was a chair thrown and I regret that there was a lady that was hurt. There were no intentions on my part that that happened.''

Jennifer Bueno, whose nose was broken, said Wednesday she plans to seek compensation for her injuries once prosecutors and baseball officials complete their investigation.

Earlier this week, Francisco's attorney, Rick Minkoff, said the player rushed out of the dugout to defend his teammates, and was pushed up against a fence in the crush of fans and players.

Francisco, 25, was the American League rookie of the month for August, when he was 3-0 with a 1.69 ERA.

Texas reliever Jeff Nelson faces an Oct. 26 trial in Boston along with former Yankees teammate Karim Garcia. They were charged with assault and battery for an alleged attack on Paul Williams Jr., a Fenway Park groundskeeper, during last year's playoffs.

``All around the league, you're always going to have heckling fans,'' Nelson said. ``A lot of them feel that they're paying for a ticket and they have a right to do that. So that's fine. You just have to learn to ignore that part. There's only a few places that probably are really good at security. Seattle and New York have always been very strong at keeping the fans away and protecting the players. But Oakland's always had problems. For the most part, they're Oakland Raider fans coming to a baseball game, so that gets tough.''

kool-aid killer
09-18-2004, 05:03 PM
Where's the excitement over this baseball season, people? Or, like me, are you all saddened by these recent Pittsburgh events so much that you can't even talk about baseball issues?

Ive wanted to chime in about how the Cubs have been doing all season but figured no one would want to read a post like this "Cubs win/lose today against opponent x..." every other day so i kept my nose out. But now that the regular season is winding down and every game is extra important i cant help but throw in my two cents. I come home every night from work and flip on ESPN just dying to see if they have won and whether other teams (such as San Fran) have lost. Whenever possible i catch games on WGN, usually i dont get to see how they end though due to work. Heres hoping they can squeeze into the wild card spot, anything less would certainly be disappointing to all Cubs fans. :(

Kidhuman
09-19-2004, 10:52 PM
How about the Yankees laying the smackdown on hte Dead Sox? Wrap up the division and bring on the playoffs

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-02-2004, 05:14 PM
Well, in the words of Max Power, "That's the end of that chapter." My Cubs are now eliminated. I must say that i was very disappointed with their playing. I mean, we lost a few games thanks to Latroy blowing it in the 9th as usual, but other games were just poor performances. The hitting wasn't there and there wasn't any steam left in them after the month of September. What can ya do though....nothin'.

At least i can spend October baseball stress free and not worry about missing class, tests and other things to watch the Cubbies.

I'll say it. *sigh* Wait till next year.

Kidhuman
10-02-2004, 09:56 PM
Exactly JMG, I was wondering how the hell you waste a 16 strike out performnce from your pitcher. They played like sorry individuals down the stretch, especially Sosa hopping around like a frog on crack.

Bring on the Twins. The second season begins on Tuesday. Predictionds for the AL

Angles take the Sox out in 5
Yanks dismiss the Twins in 4

Yankees over the Angles in 6.

Nl predictions when the race is finalized for the NL wild card.

stillakid
10-02-2004, 11:48 PM
The Dodgers pulled that one out by the skin of their teeth. Great game! Let's see if they can hold on through the playoffs. :Par:

DarthQuack
10-03-2004, 01:54 PM
Well, we still aren't sure who the Yankees will play being either the Angels or Twins, but I think the Yankees can handle both of them in 4 or 5 games. I being a Yankee fan might be biased, but I think they can get to at least the ALCS. In the NL I will be pulling for the Dodgers who pulled out an amazing 7 run 9th inning last night which was spectacular as my sleeper pick in the NL to make the World Series.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-03-2004, 05:07 PM
well, i am happy to say that my Cubbies finished the season with their 89th win with Maddux on the mound against the Braves. I can't say i'm not irked that we aren't in the post season, but for the most part it was a great season and had lots of good times. WGN had a good compilation of great moments and even behind the scenes stuff, i even got kinda worked up watching it; hell, i love Chicago and the Cubs. One scene involved Sammy doing an interview and some Cubs player, i couldn't see who, tossed a pie in his face. I laughed my silly arse off. We don't yet know the fate of Todd Walker, Moises Alou, Mark Grudzielanik or Nomar Garciaparra, but i do hope that Nomar and Moises stay aboard as they were great assets to the team. As for Todd and Mark, i'd say each have their pros and cons, but i think Walker would be the better investment. But, the season is now done. I'll still wear my Cubs shirt every few days and still glance at my penants in my game room with pride and know next year will only get better!

So, i bid the 2004 baseball thread farewell and i'll see you kids in 2005!! Thanks for the great season and i love my Cubbies! :D

Kidhuman
10-03-2004, 09:52 PM
Nomar will be signed by the Yankees to play second. :beard:

kool-aid killer
10-04-2004, 03:20 PM
Im with you JMG. Sad ending to the year, i really thought they would be able to do it again this year. I wonder what moves are going to be made, who will end up in a different uniform and what other players around the league will end up with the Cubs when all is said and done. Im going to watch a few games of the playoffs here and there, but really dont care who wins.

Exhaust Port
10-20-2004, 12:45 AM
So what lit a fire under the Sox? First time ever that a team has come back from being down three games to force a game 7.

Screw the Yankees.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-20-2004, 01:16 AM
lol I agree, EP. I also like how A-Rod can cheat, claim he wasn't and they still lose the game. Great stuff. :crazed:

Exhaust Port
10-20-2004, 01:33 AM
The officiating was outstanding. I can't remember officials getting together in a non-instant replay sport to reverse an initial call. Both the home run and dropped ball issues were corrected. Man, it sure would have sucked to lose to the Yankees if they would have gotten away with cheating.

stillakid
10-20-2004, 09:58 AM
New York should be ashamed of itself this morning for that behavior.

bobafrett
10-20-2004, 02:41 PM
Go Red Sox! If the Cubs can't break their curse, perhaps the Bo Sox can. I'll say one thing, this makes for some exciting baseball!

Kidhuman
10-20-2004, 08:59 PM
He should of ran then both over. ANd what the hell was MEnkavich(however you spell it) doing in the baseline on that play ?

Exhaust Port
10-20-2004, 09:16 PM
Go Red Sox! 6-0 in the 2nd.

Exhaust Port
10-20-2004, 11:54 PM
Hey New York, Who's Your Daddy Now?

:)

Amazing series by the Red Sox.

Kidhuman
10-20-2004, 11:54 PM
Biggest choke since the Cubs did it last year.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-21-2004, 12:00 AM
You just keep telling yourself that, KH. Whatever helps you sleep tonight my friend. Cubs were up a few games and lost it, but Yanks had a sweep in their grasp and messed it up. I guess that means i can tell Steinbrenner one thing: you can buy whatever you want, whoever you want, but you can't buy heart, my friend. MANY Congrats to the Red Sox for showing NY who their daddy was. :D

Kidhuman
10-21-2004, 12:06 AM
Played 11 more games than the CUbbies though, ;)

At least we can agree on one thing.......

we can talk about what could have been in 04 over a beer. :D :beard:

Sentinel18725
10-22-2004, 12:59 AM
Being a transplanted fan, I just need to scream.........

GO CARDINALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sentinel18725
10-22-2004, 01:00 AM
Well, I guess that didn't work, but you get the point!

Boston: It's exciting to see you there!

St. Louis: Go to work!

Exhaust Port
10-26-2004, 11:26 PM
Well Boston is 1 game away from winning the World Series!!!! Go BoSox!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-27-2004, 11:36 PM
Man o man, what a crazy time to be alive!! I can't believe that i can look back at my life and say that i saw the BoSox break the Curse of the Bambino. CONGRATULATIONS TO BOSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now if only my damned cubbies could break their curse! :crazed: but still, thsi gives me hope!!

Congrats BoSox!! you earned this sweet victory!! :D

Exhaust Port
10-27-2004, 11:39 PM
What a post season!!!! Way to go Boston. Man, who would have thought that we would have seen this in our lifetime?

jjreason
10-28-2004, 12:03 AM
Absolutely wonderful - I really feel that this win for the Sox is as much "history" as it is "sports". A special team indeed.

Sentinel18725
10-28-2004, 12:10 AM
I'm horribly sorry to see the Cardinals loose, but it was a beautiful story book ending. Way to be....hopefully, we'll be able to start a dynasty with next season, the last season of Busch Stadium.