PDA

View Full Version : Best Amidala figure...

Jayspawn
12-28-2001, 01:21 PM
Since Hasbro has given us a nifty new Queen Amidala figure, I feel inspired to see which Amidala figure you guys like the most.

For me it would probably be Queen Amidala Theed Invasion. Queen w/ grappling hook is a close second.

Obi-Don
12-30-2001, 08:47 AM
Thats a hard one due to the fact that not many ones put out on her. I guess the theed invasion.

Darth Evil
12-30-2001, 01:14 PM
Yeah, I'd say Theed Invasion is the best too.

Jargo
12-30-2001, 04:35 PM
It's funny you should bring this topic up. I'm sitting here right now having just brought downstairs all my Amidala figures to compare. Uncanny timing....

I dislike the Theed invasion figure because it is made of inferior materials. I dislike the coruscant figure because it is too big. I dislike the royal decy figure because it is just a salt shaker in disguise. I dislike the grappling hook figure becuase it has that neck articulation that ruins the neckline and it has cloth skirts to the jacket which don't really look right. I dislike the Tatooine figure because it has that foot posed in a way that makes the figure fall over all the time.

However, I love the Sabe/Amidala battle decoy figure (I forget the corrct name right now) because it has oodles of detail and the size and sculpt are spot on. I love the details in the Coruscant Amidala and the fact that her costume is layered so you can pull back the coat to see the skirt underneath and she actually has articulated legs! I love the fine detail in the sculpt of the Theed invasion Amidala, the hair is great and the ornamental detailing on the front placket is peachy keen.
I think the head is the saving grace on the royal decoy Amidala, with the hood being a fine piece of sculpting but I'm not sold on the dress details at all.
I think my favourite Amidala has to be the first episode one battle Amidala with her plastic molded coat. Something about the fact that it seems to me to be a real action figure and not just a salt shaker or statue. She seems poised for anything and unlike the other Amidala figures, you can customise her to get yourself the other handmaidens simply with a lick of paint on her hair and a touch of paint on her face. Perhaps an odd choice but there you go. :)

JEDIpartner
12-31-2001, 10:00 AM
I suppose I have a different with the Amidala figures compared to the other figures in the lines. While I hate the lack of articulation in the "one-pose" figures, I really like most of the Amidala figures. I really like the Theed Invasion version the best due to the overall accuracy of the face and the costume. My second fave is the new Sabé Royal Decoy figure (black travel gown). I think the details and the scale is dead on. I was really quite amazed in how nicely they brought out the texture details in such an intricate costume. Next I would have to say I like the Sabé "Queen Amidala" Decoy figure in the battle gear. I like the two handed, albeit limited, pose of this figure. Next I would say I like the Queen Amidala (Coruscant) figure, mostly because I love the costume. Lastly I like the Queen Amidala Naboo figure just because there was a lack of overall detail, but I still love it nonetheless. I never got the ascension gun "Battle" version since I didn't really see much improvement over the "Naboo" one. Most of the faces were painted on pretty badly from what I saw so I passed on it.

jedibear
01-08-2002, 03:21 AM
Right now, it's Theed Invasion...

I'll let you know if that changes when I find the BTD version...

GNT
01-09-2002, 11:17 PM
Theed invasion is also my favourite :)

Mandalorian Candidat
01-29-2002, 12:08 PM
I like the Theed Invasion costume from the movie the best, but the figure seems to lack the same look. It seems to be of smaller scale than the rest and just doesn't look as good as the movie. The coruscant figure looks really good and although it can't be posed well, I think it's the best looking one. For posability, I prefer the battle version.

I'd still like to see the parade version made with the globe of peace.

JetsAndHeels
01-29-2002, 03:04 PM
I would have to say that the new Amidala (Black Gown) and the original (naboo) are my two favorites. I also like Sabe alot too.
I must admit though, the deluxe Leia has been my favorite lately....
I'll leave it at that....

SithDroid
01-29-2002, 03:59 PM
Theed invasion so far. Then it would probably have to be Sabe (Duros wave). Then probably Coruscant Senate.

brentfett
01-31-2002, 04:36 PM
I'm not a big fan of any of them, honestly. Droids, creatures, and Jedi are all I want!

Turbowars
02-01-2002, 10:23 PM
Coruscant and battle, but they really are not worth talking about. Sorry:cry:

mrhat
02-01-2002, 11:46 PM
The Theed Invasion/ and Travel Gown are tied for first, true they are limited in the posibility, then again, they are WOW! the faces, oh my goodness, they are DEAD ON, they dont need any posibility. they look that way, and dont look anyother way... MMMM Amidala...