PDA

View Full Version : ashleigh simpson busted lip-syncing on SNL

derek
10-24-2004, 02:43 PM
anyone see ashleigh simpson get busted for lip-syncing on saturday night live last night?

it was hilarious! she came out to "sing" her second song, but instead of performing it, the vocals to the song she just sang started playing. and then she just stood there looking like an idiot. then she started dancing like she was at a drunken barn dance.....and then her band started playing along with the recorded vocals. then she walked off stage humiliated.

i always thought people actually sang on SNL. what a joke. :rolleyes:

then she had the nerve to come back out after the show and blame her band for playing the wrong song.......instead of blaming the guy who put the wrong CD in the cd player! lol......or herself for not really singing!!!!!!!! :dead:

mrpauldeeds
10-24-2004, 03:01 PM
HAHA

here it is .....

http://www.collegehumor.com/news/ashlee_snl.wmv (http://www.collegehumor.com/news/ashlee_snl.wmv) :D

dr_evazan22
10-24-2004, 07:47 PM
That's great! And she blames her band??!!!!! At least they were performing!

Kidhuman
10-24-2004, 08:12 PM
Good, now if they could only bust the pther goobers that do this.

Exhaust Port
10-24-2004, 08:32 PM
i always thought people actually sang on SNL. what a joke. :rolleyes:

I did too. I'm beginning to believe that most live/public performances are faked.

I'm also curious what the fallout will be from this. As bad as Milli Vanilli?

InsaneJediGirl
10-24-2004, 09:39 PM
No suprise,shame I missed it live!

2-1B
10-24-2004, 11:37 PM
derek, I felt the EXACT same way . . . blaming her band for playing the wrong song, that was a joke. :rolleyes:

EP, I don't think there will be anywhere near the fallout as MV - those were still her vocals being lip-synced. :D

You know, people like Britney Spears and Janet Jackson always lip-sync on TV and I don't know why exactly, but my feeling is that they would defend it under the circumstance that they are doing a dance routine and can't be bothered to actually sing.

But in the case of Ashlee Simpson, all she has to do is wander to and fro, looking "all cute and punk and stuff" :D so there's no reason why she couldn't sing last night.

scruffziller
10-25-2004, 06:55 AM
In the immortal words of Nelson Munce....

HAW HAW!!!!!!!!!!:D

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-25-2004, 08:41 AM
It was the funniest thing on the show, that I saw anyway.

stillakid
10-25-2004, 09:26 AM
She should have ripped her shirt off and had a "wardrobe malfunction" to divert attention from the other thing. :eek:

Beast
10-25-2004, 11:54 AM
There's now video of her blaming her band. And a fun quote from Ashley and from Geffen Records. I think the magazine quote from Ashley is rather funny. :)

http://www.contemporaryinsanity.org/video/

Quote From Lucky Magazine interview:

Lucky Magazine: What are your takes on lip-synching?

Ashley Simpson: I'm totally against it and offended by it. I'm going out to let my real talent show, not to just stand there and dance around. Personally, I'd never lip-synch. It's just not me.

Her record company, Geffen Records, said there was a computer glitch. Instead of some pretaped electronic percussion, the recording of “Pieces of Me” started mistakenly performing, the record company said in a statement.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

stillakid
10-25-2004, 12:23 PM
Ashley's anti-lipsynching quote notwithstanding, anyone who really thought she and the likes of her don't lipsync that stuff are morons. It'd be like expecting a Frankie Goes to Hollywood Unplugged special to be on the up and up. :rolleyes: OF COURSE she lipsyncs those songs. Nobody sounds that processed in real life.

JEDIpartner
10-25-2004, 12:33 PM
I hope these *****es go down. It's fine for people to lip-sync on Top of the Pops. That's expected. SNL... that's a different game altogether!!!

stillakid
10-25-2004, 12:46 PM
I hope these *****es go down. It's fine for people to lip-sync on Top of the Pops. That's expected. SNL... that's a different game altogether!!!

Why? :confused:

I mean, if it was the Rolling Stones or Aerosmith or Metallica, that's one thing. But it's Ashley Pop-star wanna-be Simpson. You probably really don't want to hear what she sounds like "unplugged."

El Chuxter
10-25-2004, 01:51 PM
I was too busy watching Steven Tyler and James Taylor performing the national anthem to bother with the likes of Ashley "Prefab Unit #4624-B" Simpson.

Every ten years or so, music gets too pop and corporate, then the revolution comes and restores some credibility to popular music for a few years. Mark my words, it's on its way, and Simpson and her ilk will be the first against the wall when the revolution comes.

JEDIpartner
10-25-2004, 02:02 PM
Why? :confused:

I mean, if it was the Rolling Stones or Aerosmith or Metallica, that's one thing. But it's Ashley Pop-star wanna-be Simpson. You probably really don't want to hear what she sounds like "unplugged."
Why? Because I did that sort of fluff-pop thing for 15 years. I worked my *** off and made sure my voice was up to snuff. I got out on stage every night and sang and danced and seriously worked my *** off. I had no lofty expectations of being a superstar, but I got into music and that's what I was there to do. I'm tired of that sad excuse from each of these little trollops.

Now that I am older I CAN do unplugged all the way and I can do it well. No excuses.

JEDIpartner
10-25-2004, 02:03 PM
http://www.contemporaryinsanity.org/video/ashlee-the-remix.mpg

Exhaust Port
10-25-2004, 04:25 PM
Nothing states class more than the Benny Hill theme music. :D

JEDIpartner
10-26-2004, 08:52 AM
Preeeeeeeeeecisely! :D

Slicker
10-26-2004, 02:33 PM
They played the wrong music? And here I thought it was acid reflux.:D

El Chuxter
10-26-2004, 04:25 PM
If she was going to claim a disease or condition, she should've picked something more obscure than acid reflux. Everyone knows that if you had a case of acid reflux so bad you couldn't sing, you would not be standing in front of a crowd and you certainly wouldn't be apologizing to them.

JON9000
10-26-2004, 07:38 PM
A rare if not quite novel form of career suicide, if I say so myself.

El Chuxter
10-14-2005, 02:27 PM
I saw on the entertainment news, which always focuses on this kind of crap instead of really important entertainment-related news (did you know I just found out the great Buddy Guy put out a new album a month ago?) that she returned to SNL recently.

What.

The.

$#@&?????

SNL has become such an incredible joke in the fifteen years or so since it was worth watching. And not a funny one. This show needs to be put out of its misery two weeks ago.

JediTricks
10-14-2005, 02:44 PM
Maybe they finally figured out that the musical acts are just our excuse to change the channel or go take a 6-minute bathroom break, and now they are just throwing whatever filler will stick there. Granted, the musical acts have no place there anymore and are hardly a necessity, but I suppose expecting the woefully under-talented staff to write even a minute more of show would be too taxing considering how badly they have to stretch it these days as it is (every time I stop by for a second, it's something dreadfully unfunny).

Slicker
10-14-2005, 10:35 PM
Yeah, I about crapped my pants when I saw she was on again. It just shows how desperate her career is when she'll go back to a show that displayed the worst of her (but is there really a good to her?).

I haven't watched new episodes of SNL in years. I would almost religiously watch the reruns that would come on from about 10 years ago when the cast was outstanding.

2-1B
10-14-2005, 10:45 PM
I watched her return to the scene of the crime last week and before her first song, she said she wrote it after the debacle last year.

UKWildcat
10-14-2005, 11:20 PM
I haven't payed much attention to SNL for a while now. I did catch the Ash. Simpson lip-sync thingy online, which was hilarious. Too funny...

Last time I even remotely looked at SNL was when Will Ferrell was in the cast and I didn't even pay much attention then. Thank God for the Best of SNL dvds!

SNL has definitely gone way down hill, oh well.

JediTricks
10-15-2005, 05:14 AM
SNL reran the Ashlee Simpson lip-synch ep like 3 weeks ago (before the new season started) and they showed the whole debacle in its original glory. Kinda weird really to see a messed-up lip-synch in reruns, somehow it seems almost... poetic. :D

El Chuxter
10-15-2005, 03:54 PM
Odd, they never re-ran the infamous Sinead O'Connor incident with the Pope's picture, did they? I'm not a fan of Sinead, but at least she had some talent.

JediTricks
10-15-2005, 04:09 PM
I don't remember them ever rerunning that part, probably because of its controversial nature. The only people that find the Ashlee thing controversial are the Simpson family.