PDA

View Full Version : Best Qui-Gon figure...

Jayspawn
12-28-2001, 12:23 PM
Since we're talking about best figures, which Qui-Gon Jinn figure do you guys like the most?

Mine is Qui-Gon Jedi Master (aka, Soft Goods). Even though he has limited articulation, he's probably my favorite.

Darth Evil
12-28-2001, 03:39 PM
I've only got Qui-Gon Jedi Duel, nice articulation but only average in every other respect.

xboywonder
12-28-2001, 04:42 PM
I will say Gui-Gon Jedi Master.... the one with the robe... The first release QuiGon looks awful. I didn't buy to many more after that - since QuiGon was not one of my favorite characters.

Obi-Don
12-30-2001, 07:45 AM
Qui-Gon jedi master is a good one.I also like the jedi training gear Qui-Gon to.

JEDIpartner
12-31-2001, 09:06 AM
Qui-Gon was one of those figures that, I felt they could never nail. I have all of them except the "Moisture Farmer" one as I got the accessory kit with the poncho. I have the the original, the Jedi Master (robes version), soft goods, the hologram and Jedi Training.

I really liked the one with the robes the best. I think that, even if the facial details were a little off, the robes helped bring the "air" of Qui-Gon to the sculpt. I agree with Obi-Don about the Jedi Training one. I know a lot of people hated this because it was really an EU-type figure, but I really liked the concept art costume. I like the original one for its articulation points, but think it is a pretty disposable figure. The soft goods one wasn't too bad. The only thing that bugs me after looking at it for a while is that lump of "action hair" he's got hanging off the back of his head.

jedibear
01-08-2002, 02:14 AM
My favorite is the "Tatooine Showdown" version...while it's not real posable, it's a great action sculpt and captures the essence of Qui-Gon perfectly.

Oh, I liked the art concept "Training Gear" one too...

GNT
01-09-2002, 10:21 PM
Moisture Farmer Qui-Gon is the best in my opinion :)

Lman316
01-12-2002, 12:08 PM
Yeah, I actually liked the Moisture Farmer one too.

SithDroid
01-29-2002, 03:08 PM
Moisture Farmer and the Soft Goods version.

Mandalorian Candidat
01-29-2002, 04:40 PM
The moisture farmer version has a head that's way too small and the Jedi Master version reminds me of John Belushi doing the SNL samurai chop because of it's pose.

Hasbro just couldn't get him right as far as I'm concerned. The best looking one is from Tat. Showdown while the Jedi Duel version is the best for posing.

Turbowars
01-29-2002, 09:10 PM
Best Qui-Gon figure? Did hasbro make one worth talking about? I sorry guys and gals, E1 figures just weren't up to par. That doesn't mean that I don't have the whole E1 line- I do! I'm partial to the classics. That said clothy Qui is the best.