PDA

View Full Version : Everyone's going to watch The Incredibles, right?

El Chuxter
10-26-2004, 01:11 PM
I know we'll all be in line early for this one just for the ROTS trailer.

However, think of what this film is. A Pixar comedy about superheroes by the director of The Iron Giant. There is absolutely no way this can go wrong.

And besides, seeing it in the theaters would be a tremendous "f-you" to Disney. Sure, they'll get millions from it. But think about how crappy they'll feel (at least anyone left there who's capable of feeling) when this smashes records for animated films and they're forced to remember that they only have one more flick before Pixar says buh-bye for good! :D

Exhaust Port
10-26-2004, 01:15 PM
I'll be there!

I noticed on the coming attraction for the Incredibles that they included the comment "Presented by Disney". I guess Disney still has some of their claws in this movie.

El Chuxter
10-26-2004, 01:16 PM
Pixar still has an exclusive deal with Disney for two movies. The first of those is The Incredibles, and the second is called (I believe) Cars, and is scheduled for next fall.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-26-2004, 01:50 PM
I think this movie looks pretty good. So far, Pixar hasn't messed up, so hopefully the tradition will continue with this one (and after they leave Disney). I hope they'll play the ROTS trailer with it, since some theaters aren't going to. But at least I'll be able to see it online and on Access Hollywood. :)

Kidhuman
10-26-2004, 05:39 PM
Meh, I will wait for the video. As for the trailer, it wqill be all over by next weekend, so no need to waste money just to see the trailer.

James Boba Fettfield
10-26-2004, 06:16 PM
Yes

when it's on dvd

scruffziller
10-27-2004, 09:41 AM
Won't the trailer be on the net the same time?

Mandalorian Candidat
10-27-2004, 10:12 AM
Won't the trailer be on the net the same time?

Yeah, if you're a member of A-O-Hell or Hyperspace. It sure would have been nice if Lucasfilm would have made it accessible on dvd.starwars.com like the second EP2 trailer.

El Chuxter
10-27-2004, 12:56 PM
I believe the trailer will be up for viewing by non-Hyperspace members on 11/8/04 (11/4/04 for Hyperspace members). That's no reason to not watch what is destined to be another gem from Pixar, and quite possibly their best outing yet! :mad:

jjreason
10-27-2004, 01:30 PM
Ummmm... let me think it over:

The movie is about Superheroes. I love Superheroes!

The dad has obvious trouble getting his belt done up. I've had trouble getting my belt done up!

It's made by Pixar. I like Pixar movies!

They'll be showing the trailer for SW EpIII before the movie. I'd really, really like to see the new trailer!

Looks like a no-brainer to me, I'll be there opening day! :crazed:

And this time Jodi can take care of the darned kids when they get bored and start running around the theatre.... not like Shrek 2 when I missed the whole dang movie, this time it will be different. Oh yes, it will be different!

darthvyn
10-28-2004, 12:17 AM
Ummmm... let me think it over:

The movie is about Superheroes. I love Superheroes!

The dad has obvious trouble getting his belt done up. I've had trouble getting my belt done up!

It's made by Pixar. I like Pixar movies!

They'll be showing the trailer for SW EpIII before the movie. I'd really, really like to see the new trailer!

Looks like a no-brainer to me, I'll be there opening day! :crazed:
[/SIZE]

i think you put it quite succinctly.

i've actually been waiting for this movie since the trailer with nemo... can't wait any longer!!!

evenflow
10-30-2004, 06:59 PM
I am going to go, but mainly for the trailer. I love the Pixar movies, but i usually just wait til they come out on dvd.

Slicker
10-31-2004, 04:18 PM
I've actually been waiting for this one since I first saw the trailer awhile back and now that the Ep. III trailer is coming before it I might actually have to get the movie more than 5 minutes before it starts just watch the trailer. I wonder if the trailer being before the movie will actually boost the revenue brought in seeing as there will be alot of people going to see it that normally wouldn't go.

Rocketboy
10-31-2004, 09:57 PM
I wonder if the trailer being before the movie will actually boost the revenue brought in seeing as there will be alot of people going to see it that normally wouldn't go.
I doubt it will impact it too much. The Pixar flicks are big business as it is. And it appears that most of us want to see the movie anyway.

Now if they were to put it on a movie that people have little interest in, like the did with the original Phantom Menace trailer, then I'd have to say it would really boost it's box office. Most credited Meet Joe Black's #1 weekend gross to Star Wars. I remember hearing about people paying for the movie, watching the trailer, then leaving.

Kidhuman
10-31-2004, 10:30 PM
Most credited Meet Joe Black's #1 weekend gross to Star Wars. I remember hearing about people paying for the movie, watching the trailer, then leaving.

That was huge. Alot pf people did that. I remember seeing it on the news. People even bought advanced tickets for it so they would see it.

Turambar
11-06-2004, 06:37 PM
Overall, I enjoyed it. An entertaining flick -- although one could argue it was a rip off of the fantastic four.
Also, there was no star wars preview, in case anyone's wondering.

Rocketboy
11-06-2004, 06:52 PM
I loved it.
My favorite Pixar flick so far (and that's saying a lot - I love the Toy Story movies).

I think some (especially the younger people) may accuse Fantastic Four of ripping off The Incredibles next year.

I didn't get an Episode III trailer either. Just stupid Sponge Bob and "Cars" (probably the first Pixarmovie I'll skip).

gsr-jedi
11-06-2004, 07:36 PM
I really enjoyed it, I'll definitely be picking this up on DVD. I thought the visuals were, well, incredible. I think Cars will be pretty good, though I definitely want to see some more trailers before I make a final judgement. Oh yeah, I got the Ep. III trailer when I saw it. The trailer is even better on the big screen.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-07-2004, 09:42 AM
I loved it.

I think some (especially the younger people) may accuse Fantastic Four of ripping off The Incredibles next year.

I didn't get an Episode III trailer either. Just stupid Sponge Bob and "Cars" (probably the first Pixarmovie I'll skip).I immediately saw the FF in their abilities, too, and I LOVE it when (sometimes even I did it) people new to something think the version they see is the original, i.e. "I saw this movie about some guys in a chain gang and one of the characters steals the line from Guns & Roses' song "Civil War." Cool!" :rolleyes:

I got the Christmas With the Kranks, Cars, National Treasure, and (some other movie) trailers; not even Sponge Bob (although I'd seen it already). Quite disappointed in the lack of SW. Also, the belt-pulling-on scene from the trailer was omitted, and I was actually not disappointed (it would not have fit into the storyline, really).

The "Bounding" or "Bounders" cartoon at the beginning was great, except the movie goers in front of me found it a bit too funny, perhaps one might even say 'wacky,' if you catch my drift.

Overall, on the Pixar scale, I'd give it an 8.5 out of 10.

Slicker
11-07-2004, 04:24 PM
I thought the movie was one of the best by Pixar yet. The little boy on the big wheel (can't remember his name right now if he even had one) was really funny and just so darned cute at the same time. And for those who care I got the trailer before my movie and seeing it on the big screen can't add up to anything else that you'll get on the internet. Seeing footage from ANH was one of the best parts of it.

Exhaust Port
11-07-2004, 09:08 PM
Just returned from seeing this film and I too was rather entertained. I was pretty suprised at the amount of deaths implied and mentioned. There were some really young kids in the audience and at times I would have questioned having a young child of my own watching the movie. I'm not saying it ruined the movie just that after seeing Pixar make movies like Toy Story this is quite a shift.

BTW we had the ROTS trailer. Just enough to whet the appetite. :D

Rocketboy
11-07-2004, 11:15 PM
I was pretty suprised at the amount of deaths implied and mentioned. There were some really young kids in the audience and at times I would have questioned having a young child of my own watching the movie.
I thought the reality of death was refreshing (for lack of a better word). Look at fairy tales and old Disney cartoons. They're chick full of death and murder, from Bambi to Little Red Riding Hood (and on and on). The cartoons of the last few decades have become oversanitized sanitized - too "Wal-Mart."

Exhaust Port
11-08-2004, 12:04 AM
Those examples only have 1 climatic death. The Incrediable showed numerous super heros meeting their doom as well as making reference to numerous other ones dying. That doesn't include the implications of death of civilians throughout the city. None of which were climatic other than that of the villian at the end.

El Chuxter
11-08-2004, 01:13 PM
No ROTS trailer, but I did see the best Pixar movie EVER!

I expected good. I even expected great. But Brad Bird topping his other masterpiece (The Iron Giant)? I didn't see that coming.

It's just too bad Disney has the rights, so Pixar will never be able to make a proper sequel. Or any sequel. And Disney will blow it if they try. So this will be a one-shot deal. :(

"Where is my super-suit?"

"Ooh, Elastigirl! You married Elastigirl and got bizay!"

Man, that was classic. I'll watch it again at a different theater and see the ROTS trailer then. :)

Mandalorian Candidat
11-15-2004, 04:21 PM
No ROTS trailer, but I did see the best Pixar movie EVER!

I expected good. I even expected great. But Brad Bird topping his other masterpiece (The Iron Giant)? I didn't see that coming.

It's just too bad Disney has the rights, so Pixar will never be able to make a proper sequel. Or any sequel. And Disney will blow it if they try. So this will be a one-shot deal. :(

"Where is my super-suit?"

"Ooh, Elastigirl! You married Elastigirl and got bizay!"

Man, that was classic. I'll watch it again at a different theater and see the ROTS trailer then. :)

Agreed! For me, this was the best movie I've seen in ages. Absolutely fantastic. None of the other Pixar flicks can hold a candle to this one. The writing was awesome with not too much comedy, you know like dumb one-liners thrown around. The ending/climax was great and wrapped up the story nicely. I'd actually pay full price to see this one again. Even as a cartoon character, Sam Jackson kicks A.

"You'll never have a greater good than me!"

Plus we had the EP3 trailer! :D

El Chuxter
03-21-2005, 03:25 PM
Hopefully everyone has the DVD by now and has spent hours watching all the goodies. But if you haven't, a short feature on Disc 2 called "Mr Incredible and Pals" is the funniest thing I have EVER seen in my life! It's horrific animation (mostly still pics with superimposed human lips) of Mr Incredible, Frozone (who, as the "real" Frozone points out in the even funnier commentary, is a white guy), and an inexplicable bunny named Mister Skipperdoo fighting the villainous. . . Lady Lightbug! lol

I guarantee you will pee in your pants when you see it.

kool-aid killer
03-21-2005, 03:41 PM
I will have to look for that whenever i pop in my bros "The Incredibles" in the ol DVD. I didnt even see this movie until about two weeks prior to it hitting DVD at a nice little dollar theather and the movie was just about packed. I arrived late thinking i was going to get a nice seat, but ended up in the front couple of rows. I guess thats a testament to the quality, humor, and enjoyment this film provides if it can still draw a house like that despite the DVD being hyped only weeks away from release. Overall, i like the Incredibles. I thought it would be a bit funnier, but the deaths (since it would be absurd for each one of those pilots to eject prior to their little blade ships destructing) helped it out. Lately ive been on a extra features kick, so i might just throw it in after work tonight and see what the hooplas about.

Rocketboy
03-21-2005, 11:11 PM
Hopefully everyone has the DVD by now and has spent hours watching all the goodies. But if you haven't, a short feature on Disc 2 called "Mr Incredible and Pals" is the funniest thing I have EVER seen in my life! It's horrific animation (mostly still pics with superimposed human lips) of Mr Incredible, Frozone (who, as the "real" Frozone points out in the even funnier commentary, is a white guy), and an inexplicable bunny named Mister Skipperdoo fighting the villainous. . . Lady Lightbug! lol

I guarantee you will pee in your pants when you see it.Yeah, that was pretty darn funny. It's great that they went and did something fairly unique for the DVD.
Love that avatar - Mr. Skipperdoo :D

I was disppointed with Jak Jak Attack though. It was good, but I expected more.

The movie itself loses none of it's fun on repeat viewings.

Turambar
03-27-2005, 09:56 PM
Overall, I enjoyed it. An entertaining flick -- although one could argue it was a rip off of the fantastic four.
Also, there was no star wars preview, in case anyone's wondering.

That was my comment after watching the movie. I was wondering if anyone saw the FF article in USA Today a couple weeks ago. It was large and front page of the entertainment section.
Anyway, they were much more harsh about The Incredibles. Apparently there were some very unhappy people working on the FF. They had to change scenes including the ending because The Incredibles had identical scenes. Avi Arad was quoted as saying something to the effect of "not having proof that they saw the FF script, but. . ."
Just thought I'd stir the pot a bit.

Rocketboy
03-27-2005, 10:40 PM
The FF powers were pretty obvious, but I highly doubt Pixar ripped it off.
A movie like The Incredibles is in development for years (I believe they recorded most of the voice work 2 years before it opened), so it seems unlikely that a FF script was around for so long without being used.