PDA

View Full Version : Moving day this Friday

mabudonicus
10-27-2004, 07:03 AM
Well, a week after the splint came offa my arm, JediElf and I are 2 days away from taking posession of our new house....
It's literally right next door to our appartment, so the move shouldn't be too rough, but the house will need quite a bit of work and so we are a bit nervous....

To all of my friends here, by next spring we will be in a position where we will have a guestroom, so if anyone is thinking of hitting Niagara Falls make sure ya contact me (I know I've mentioned this to some folks, just repeating it to make sure I got everybody)

Wish us luck, and don't worry if I'm a bit hard to locate for a week or two, it'll likely be sandpaper related....

Kidhuman
10-27-2004, 07:08 AM
Congrats Mabs, enjoy the new house. Easiest move I have ever heard of.

dr_evazan22
10-28-2004, 12:15 AM
Good luck dude (and dude-ette). If I had the time I would come up and lend a hand.

mastermatt24
10-28-2004, 12:24 AM
Wish us luck, and don't worry if I'm a bit hard to locate for a week or two, it'll likely be sandpaper related....
Be carefull with beltsanders.. They hurt. :cry: Trust me. :nerv:

mastermatt24
10-28-2004, 12:28 AM
And no it wasnt on purpose.

mabudonicus
10-28-2004, 06:07 AM
KH- yes, it will be easy, I've already moved maybe 1/3 of our stuff, with maybe that again today, by moving day the only thing we'll need help with is our bed, pretty much

Doc- no worries, you're off the hook ;), but you will have to come up next summer maybe :)

MasterMatt- I have HUGE respect for power tools, especially ones with "whirling" action, I will be so careful it will be frightening :beard:

InsaneJediGirl
10-29-2004, 08:09 PM
Awesome :) Good luck mabs.Want to come help me move in Dec?;-)

bobafrett
11-03-2004, 11:33 AM
Ah, the joys of moving. I moved just last May, and I had some many boxes, I made my landlord nervous. He didn't think I would get everything put away, but I did. I had a plan on where every one of my collectibles was going, as well as the furniture.

Congratulations to you Mabs and JediElf (almost said sweetrain)!

mabudonicus
11-03-2004, 11:43 AM
IJG- thanks for the luck....we'll see how much we can get done how quickly, but I don't think I'm gonna be moving anything else for a few years :D .... I hope

BobaFrett- we didn't have too much to worry about, space-wise, we almost have too much space in our new home (example- we have 3 bedrooms and we only use one....)

I'm still recovering from the move, but as you may have noticed I was at least able to get my PC set up ;)

Now I have to get back to "work" :beard:

And I will likely post some pics within the week for anyone who's curious

bobafrett
11-03-2004, 11:51 AM
Yes, post pictures you must! I love to see how other collectors set up house!

Kidhuman
11-03-2004, 01:01 PM
Congratulations to you Mabs and JediElf (almost said sweetrain)!

Dont start that again. You remember what happened lastr time. :D :beard: :mad:

bobafrett
11-09-2004, 07:32 PM
Dont start that again. You remember what happened lastr time. :D :beard: :mad:

Almost the new reality series "Wife swap" or "trading housewives" or something of that nature! :eek:

mabudonicus
11-10-2004, 07:02 AM
Frett, please, knock it off,you don't wanna know what he'll do to me, I still can't sit down after the last time :beard:

(and for anyone confused by this bit, me and KH's wives share the same name and are both registered here, one time frett made a comment about me and the wrong username being together and that's how the fun started... I wouldn't trade Jedielf for 1000 SA clones :D)

Kidhuman
11-10-2004, 09:27 AM
Frett, please, knock it off,you don't wanna know what he'll do to me, I still can't sit down after the last time :beard:

(and for anyone confused by this bit, me and KH's wives share the same name and are both registered here, one time frett made a comment about me and the wrong username being together and that's how the fun started... I wouldn't trade Jedielf for 1000 SA clones :D)

Very Moving statement Mabs. :D

I wouldnt trade sweetrain for 1,001 SA Clones.

bobafrett
11-10-2004, 11:02 AM
I wouldn't trade Jedielf for 1000 SA clones :D)

Very Moving statement Mabs.

I wouldnt trade sweetrain for 1,001 SA Clones

I would trade 1,001 SA Clones for a girl who could put up with my collecting habits. :D :D :D

So Mabs, have you unpacked yet? (getting back on the subject)

mabudonicus
11-11-2004, 06:20 AM
KH- so you're trying to one up me again, huh??? :D

Frett- Back on topic- not really, not yet.... we've painted the kitchen and unpacked all our dishes, and the dining room is almost done, walls and trim wise,but we are thinking of doing all of the floors from front to back at once, so we are trying to keep things as modular as possible until that's done, prolly in a week that's gonna happen...

I got the washing machine hooked up yesterday though, but flooded the washroom in the process by forgetting I had the sink open full-blast when I turned the main back on... we were in the basement when suddenly it started raining from one spot....

Seems to be okay now, though.. today we gotta get the dryer running- the plug is about 3 feet too far away from the end of the cord, straight up....

this weekend I'm teaming up with the neighbor to destroy some garbage trees on the property line so as to open up the sky for a garden :D
Lots of fun, lots of fun... I'll keep ya posted, I'll have pics pretty soon no doubt

bobafrett
11-16-2004, 01:40 PM
Today I venture into the dark abyss known as my basement. I will retrieve my Christmas tree and decorations to be put up A.S.A.P., on another note, the house I moved into prior to my taking it, had a the toilet on my floor leaking down onto my upstairs neighbors collectibles. The landlord had to rip the floor up, as the toilet had been leaking for quite sometime, causing the floor to rot. I keep all of my collectibles out of the basement, and the stuff that does get stored down ther4e is in large plastic totes.

Looking forward to the updates Mabs!

mabudonicus
11-17-2004, 07:06 AM
Safe to say that the dining room walls and ceiling are almost done, we are still stripping this awful mud coloured paint off of our beautiful (and huge) bay window... the wood under the paint is totally sweet (not too much on wood myself, I think it's oak)
The crap we're using to take the paint off eats through rubber gloves, though, so I think today before I hit it again I'm gonna go and get some neoprene ones to se if that may work better....

The other day we recieved a package from our City Hall, affirming the "heritage designation" of our house and also an 8 page, detailed and quite complete record of the history of our home.... it was built as a school in the late 1840's and moved twice before ending up here....
when renovating it, past residents found a big chunk of original slate balckboard, which we were totally surprised to find leaning against a wall in the basement.. we are going to make some sort of display out of it, but we're not sure how to proceed....

Hope you got your tree together alright, Frett... we have a tree down in our basement, too, but I don't think it's gonna make it upstairs this year ;)

:beard:

bobafrett
11-17-2004, 11:26 AM
If I ever get a chance to post some pictures of my place, I will. It has some nice hardwood floors and decorative dark wood accents. I'm just renting the place until my son gets out of high school (which he starts next year). In fact I will have to see, I might have the photos posted at printroom.com.

bobafrett
11-17-2004, 11:59 AM
If I ever get a chance to post some pictures of my place, I will. It has some nice hardwood floors and decorative dark wood accents. I'm just renting the place until my son gets out of high school (which he starts next year). In fact I will have to see, I might have the photos posted at printroom.com.

I found the picture link, now to see if I remember how to post a link. Printroom.com pictures of my place (http://www.printroom.com/ViewAlbum.asp?userid=bobafrett&album_id=180110)

Keep in mind, these were taken prior to moving in, and just a day or so after I moved in.

Kidhuman
11-17-2004, 09:53 PM
Frett, nice place. Hope you cleaned it up better than that though. :beard:

mabudonicus
11-18-2004, 06:42 AM
Good stuff, Frett, a few of the pics look quite a bit like our place, especially the kitchen :beard:

bobafrett
11-20-2004, 09:52 AM
Good stuff, Frett, a few of the pics look quite a bit like our place, especially the kitchen :beard:

When You get a few pics Mabs, I'd enjoy seeing them. The kitchen looks a little different now, it is my Cubs/Bears/Muppet collection area, and one of only two rooms in the house without any Star Wars stuff in it. Wait, I forgot, that's the bathroom, and my sons room that don't have anything Star Wars in it. I'll update the pictures as soon as I can get back on my own computer.