PDA

View Full Version : It don't matter how you look at it, Aerosmith RULES!

El Chuxter
10-27-2004, 01:04 PM
I've always loved Aerosmith. I got ridiculed in college because I thought they were better than Nirvana. (Hey, I can't help it if some of my classmates were idjits! :D)

The reason I bring this up, since I'm sure everyone already knows this fact, is that I was listening to O Yeah! Ultimate Aerosmith Hits today. I got this one for the two new songs and a couple of remixes I didn't have already, and I normally don't listen to it. I have almost everything they've ever released, and usually it's tough for me to listen to, for example, "Seasons of Wither" without hearing the entire Get Your Wings album.

But dayum! This is as incomplete as any 2-disc career* retrospective must be, but a worthy effort. It's been said that they're the greatest American rock band, and this is a definite argument in favor of that claim.

Even the tracks from Get a Grip that were in serious danger of being played out for a few years ("Crazy" and "Amazing") are pure gold.

Who's with me in proclaiming Aerosmith to be the bomb-diggity shizzy? (I know Caesar is! lol)

*--Prior to the awe-inspiring Honkin' on Bobo, of course.

Rocketboy
10-27-2004, 02:33 PM
They were really good years ago, decent in the mid 90's, and total crap since "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing" and their last few albums.

2-1B
10-28-2004, 01:50 AM
Rocketboy, those last few albums since IDWTMAT are Just Push Play which IMO has a few crappy songs but mostly cool tunes and the other album is Honkin on Bobo which is gold to my ears. :)

Chux, the Oh Yeah! compilation is a decent collection but I'm with you in that I need the meat of those entire albums. Specifically. Get Your Wings which is tied with Pump as my 2 favorite Aerosmith albums and ergo my favorite records of all time.
I love them even more than Springsteen's "The River." :D

Yeah, I've been to 16 Aerosmith shows in the last decade and all I can say is that each time I see them, they get better.

And for as many times as I hear the "radio hits" in concert, they always manage to slip in a few gems so I love them for that as well. :)

"It's the same old story never get a second chance for a dance to the top of the hilllllllllll"
-No More No More-

El Chuxter
10-28-2004, 01:02 PM
Yeah, Honkin' on Bobo is a masterpiece, and I'd say that even if I wasn't a blues fan. It's a shame they didn't release any singles from that album. I could easily see The Grind, Baby Please Don't Go, or Never Loved a Girl making the top ten, even in this age of Britney Aguilera.

JPP is a pretty weak album overall, comparatively speaking, methinks. I'd actually rank it second only to Done With Mirrors as far as the worst Aerosmith album ever. (I don't even think of Rock in a Hard Place as a true Aerosmith album, but if you include it, then JPP's the third weakest.) I don't care for the production on most of the album. Night in the Ruts was missing some core members on some tracks, but except for Remember (Walking in the Sand), it's got some awesome tunes.

I don't know why O Yeah includes Just Push Play (the song) instead of Hole in My Soul. It's a better song, I believe it was a bigger hit, and any song that includes a reference to a Flannery O'Connor short story has to be awesome. Jaded should be the only track from JPP (the album) on that compilation.

I believe A Little South of Sanity also came out after IDWTMAT, and I think it's Aerosmith's best (commercially released) live album by a long shot. Just pure perfection from start to end.

And let us not forget that the Armageddon soundtrack also included What Kind of Love Are You On, which is one of the band's most rocking tunes and easily compensates for IDWTMAT (if you don't like that one, which I actually do). :)

2-1B
11-02-2004, 02:30 AM
Chux:

Wasn't Baby Please Don't Go released as a single ? I know they cut a video for it . . .
I fully expected The Grind to be released as a single, in fact some fans decried it as the probable single to kill the album since it's the only original tune and in the vein of "Cryin." Myself, I think it's a cool song and while not a single, they are using it in that camera commercial where Steven walks through the diner.

JPP, I still really enjoy this album. My favorite song is the opener, Beyond Beautiful, so I guess that strong track lets me get to the end with Face, an EXCELLENT tune found only on the Best Buy versions. Why it's a bonus track is beyond me because it's a great tune . . . hmmm, but you my saying that doesn't speak well of the rest of the album, eh ? ;) I still like many of the songs on there. Fly Away from Here is NOT very pleasant so I skip that one and I'm not big on Light Inside or Sunshine. But the title track is just awesome IMO (NOT that crappy radio edit found on the Oh Yeah comp).

Done with Mirrors - I'll always enjoy this album, very raw but it's got some treats on it. She's on Fire, The Reason a Dog, My Fist Your Face, and Let the Music Do the Talking all come to mind. It's kind of like a debut album in that it was their first for Geffen when they regrouped so it's interesting to see how they "restarted" with that record.

Rock in a Hard Place - yeah, I don't listen to it too much but when I put in the Gems comp. I ALWAYS listen through Jailbait because it's just a rockin' tune which gets me going. And nomatter how terrible / goofy the video was for Lightning Strikes, I get a kick out of the song.

Night in the Ruts - I agree, Remember is not a very good one but I still LOVE No Surprize and Cheesecake.

Hole in My Soul - I don't like it and it has not grown on me over time. I love the Nine Lives albums but I skip this song 99% of the time. It's not that I dislike ballads, because I enjoy a good number of Aero-ballads, this song just doesn't do it for me.

A Little South of Sanity - yep, it came out after the Armageddon soundtrack and while I do enjoy it, I was disappointed when it was released because they had to open it with an older recording of Eat the Rich when EVERY show on the Nine Lives tour (up to that point) was opened with the title song Nine Lives (before being replaced later on with Toys in the Attic). My personal choice for top live record would have to be Live Bootleg because there is just something about those cuts of Dream On ("all the things you do MOTHER******") and Sick as a Dog . . . and I love the presence of Chip Away the Stone which was a first timer (later appearing as a studio cut on the Gems comp.)

What Kind of Love are you On - awesome song and underrated IMO. Heh, I remember a show I saw in Nov 1998 when Steven said "it's soundtrack time" so of course I thought, here comes I Don't Want to Miss a Thing but NOPE, they burst into What Kind of Love. I was so surprised and delighted to hear it. And I have a bootleg video of that show, too !

El Chuxter
03-10-2005, 03:17 PM
While we await the long-rumored Steven Tyler solo album, howsabout a new Joe Perry solo album (http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=769&ncid=689&e=12&u=/nm/20050310/music_nm/music_perry_dc) dropping on May 3?

I know what I'll be blasting that day. . . after I blast the ROTS score a few times, of course. :D

Darth Jax
03-10-2005, 08:10 PM
i thought Baby, please don't go had been released as a single. i've heard it get some airplay. and what's wrong with walking in the sand?

you can see them live on the big screen in be cool. steven tyler has much more than just a cameo in the movie.

El Chuxter
10-21-2005, 03:23 PM
Wow, looks like another sneak-attack CD release. Aerosmith has another live album coming out on Tuesday! :)

The track lineup doesn't look like the greatest, but there are a few obscurities ("No More No More"!! YESSSSS!!!!), and it'll be nice to get live versions of a few of these recent songs, especially IDWTMAT. I have a feeling that track could be a truly great rock ballad with the orchestration out of the picture.

Rocketboy
10-21-2005, 04:24 PM
Chux, have you heard Velvet Revolver's cover of No More No More?
It was released on a Best Buy bonus cd with VR's album.

El Chuxter
10-21-2005, 05:40 PM
Really? Man, to have been in existence no longer than they have, Velvet Revolver has a bunch of "rarities" out there.

Rocketboy
10-21-2005, 07:10 PM
Oh yeah, I'd almost venture a guess and say VR has almost a short album worth of b-sides and rarities already.
Aerosmith, Sex Pistols, Nirvana, Cheap Trick...

2-1B
10-22-2005, 03:55 AM
I'm lukewarm on Rockin the Joint, some good cuts on there but it means a new tour which usually excites me but the fan club tix are really starting to get out of hand, following the trends of other bands before them. :rolleyes:

El Chuxter
10-24-2005, 11:40 AM
BTW, Target's ad says their version will have two extra tracks. Not sure if that's on both regular and DualDisc versions.

Edit: I can't find anything specific, so I suppose we'll have to wait until tomorrow. aerosmith.com reports the DVD side of the DualDisc will have two tracks not on the CD ("Dream On" and "Sweet Emotion"). Anyone know if these are the Target "exclusive" tracks?

2-1B
10-25-2005, 01:02 PM
I heard that Livin on the Edge and What it Takes are the DVD side bonus tracks but I can't confirm in person until tomorrow when I get to Tar Zhay ;)
lol

Regardless of what tracks they are, how stupid is it of them to put the audio bonus tracks on the DVD side ? :confused:

El Chuxter
10-25-2005, 02:05 PM
I saw the non-Target version at WM this morning, and the DVD-side bonus tracks are "Dream On" and "Sweet Emotion." Not like we don't have enough live takes of those two, but I'll want them anyway.

I haven't been able to find any confirmation of the Target tracks, but if they're the two you said, that'd be cool. :)

Off-subject slightly, I converted all the Aerosmith tracks I have (minus remixes and most of that godawful Once a Rocker, Always a Rocker album by Joe Perry) to MP3 so that I can just put it in my DVD player and play random Aerosmith all day through my surround sound system once I get it set up. Until that point, I can play them on the computer. I only have about 14 hours worth of stuff, and the CD's only about 3/4 full. I need Rockin the Joint and to convert some of the DVD concerts to audio.

I've currently got it on random and am rediscovering some great tracks. I'd forgotten how good tracks like "Don't Stop" and "Riff and Roll" are.

El Chuxter
10-25-2005, 03:20 PM
I just picked up the disc at Target, and here's the deal. Please note that the deal sucks!

The two exclusive tracks are indeed "Livin' on the Edge" and "What It Takes." If you get the regular CD, the tracks are at the end of the disc. If you get the DualDisc, they screw you, and you only get the extra tracks on the DVD side.

So there's no way to get these live versions of "Sweet Emotion" and "Dream On" on the CD (short of copying them yourself). And whether you want those two tracks determines how you get the Target exclusive tracks.

Personally, I picked up the DualDisc, even though I hate that format and never buy it under normal circumstances, because it was $2 more for two songs. I guess I'll copy the DVD side so I have a usable, one-sided CD, which is what I had to do with the other two DualDiscs I bought. (Bruce Springsteen and Joe Perry didn't give a choice as to format. This purports to give the choice, but if you're a completist , there's really not any choice.)

2-1B
10-26-2005, 12:54 AM
"Don't Stop" is indeed awesome, that Livin on the Edge CD single is a nice little treat. :)

My plan is to make a custom DVD insert and then store the dual disc in my DVD collection and then a friend will burn the CD for me and I'll keep that in the CD case for audio play.

Thanks for the info on the bonus tracks and how they are oriented.

JimJamBonds
10-26-2005, 10:40 AM
My plan is to make a custom DVD insert and then store the dual disc in my DVD collection and then a friend will burn the CD for me and I'll keep that in the CD case for audio play.

Would that be me that you plan on burning that CD? ;) :D

2-1B
10-27-2005, 01:56 AM
Nope, but thanks if that was an offer. ;) I have somebody lined up to do it already, but now it's not necessary since after viewing this debacle at Target today, I just said to hell with it and I bought both versions. Done. No further assembly required. lol

Jayspawn
11-16-2005, 10:06 AM
I picked up Ultimate Aerosmith last night. Its f'n sweet! I was listening to it at work last night and for some reason I got into a discussion with a customer who heard it. It may be a dumb question (as I like Aerosmith but dont know lots about them), who sings lead on "Dream On" ?

I love your new avatar Caesar -priceless!

2-1B
11-16-2005, 12:41 PM
Thanks Jay. :D

That would be be Steven Tyler singing on Dream On. :) If you think he sounds different on those older songs it's because his voice went up an octave or something as time went on. I'm not trained in the music so I don't know the specifics but that's my recollection.

El Chuxter
11-16-2005, 12:59 PM
I think the only other member who's ever sung lead is Joe Perry, and the 'Smith songs he sang are few.

Help me out, Caesar, but off-hand I know of:

Walk On Down
Back Back Train
Stop Messin' Around

2-1B
11-16-2005, 02:24 PM
Those 3 and also:

Drop Dead Gorgeous from Just Push Play
Bright Light Fright from Draw the Line

Not an album cut, but the B-Side to Falling in Love is Hard on the Knees (from Nine Lives) has a Joe tune called Falling Off and IMO it should have made the album !

Then of course there are his solo albums and hey Chux get this, during this tour Aerosmith is playing Shakin My Cage from Joe's solo disc ! :grin:
I can't wait to to hear them play it, I loved the song already and with the band playing it with Tyler on backup, it's gonna be even cooler. I was hoping they'd play a cut from his new album instead of Stop Messin Round AGAIN, and was delighted to find that this is happening.

A few other songs I've seen Joe sing in concert:
Heartbreak Hotel in 1997 on the 20th anniv of Elvis' death
The Wanderer during the 1998 leg of the Nine Lives tour

and of course Stop Messin Round many times.

El Chuxter
11-16-2005, 02:32 PM
I knew I'd forget some. "Falling Off" is indeed a great track. However, given that non-album b-sides from the Nine Lives album included that and "Fall Together," that would've been three tracks starting with "fall" on the disc. I can see why they decided against it, though not the best decision IMHO.

Has Joe ever performed lead vocal on live Aerosmith versions of "Let the Music Do the Talking" that you know of?

And was his theme music from the godawful 90s Spidey cartoon ever released anywhere?

JimJamBonds
11-17-2005, 12:56 AM
The mighty 'smith helped make my snow covered drive home tonight far better when I changed the station and came across Train Kept a Rollin' :thumbsup:

2-1B
11-17-2005, 01:58 AM
One time I had to stop my car to wait for a train so while doing so I pulled out Wings and fired up Train. :)

2-1B
03-22-2006, 02:01 AM
Chux, I'm so bummed right now, Aerosmith had to cancel the rest of the tour and now I can't see them in Green Bay in less than 2 weeks. :cry:
It's not a shock though, as they cancelled the last few weeks' worth of shows so I knew this was probably coming. It's still a bummer though, I just hope Steven makes a speedy recovery.

In the meantime I'm going to go listen to Seasons of Wither "ooh woe is me, I feel so sad" and take solace in the music. :cry:

AEROSMITH have been forced to cancel the remaining dates on the fifth leg of their "Rockin' the Joint" sold-out North American tour (which has been ongoing since October 2005) in order for lead singer Steven Tyler to have surgery. Despite AEROSMITH's desire to keep the tour going as long as possible, Tyler's doctors advised him not to continue performing to give his voice time to recover. Tyler will be on total vocal rest and can not perform for an extended period of time. AEROSMITH — Tyler, Joe Perry, Brad Whitford, Tom Hamilton and Joey Kramer — apologize and regret any inconvenience to their fans. The band is now on hiatus but look forward to being back in the saddle with a new album and new tour dates. Stay tuned for more...

JimJamBonds
03-22-2006, 11:58 AM
Good thing I didn't get a ticket then.

2-1B
03-22-2006, 12:17 PM
Yeah, and good thing you're so comforting in my time of sorrow. :rolleyes:

JimJamBonds
03-22-2006, 01:30 PM
Yeah, and good thing you're so comforting in my time of sorrow. :rolleyes:

Steve-o is just having surgery its not like he's a corpse or something.

2-1B
03-22-2006, 01:53 PM
Uh, who said anything about Steven's health giving me worry? :confused:

I'm sad that I can't go to the show, as I've been looking forward to this for months now.

JimJamBonds
03-22-2006, 02:01 PM
Exactly, they will come back to the area sooner or later.

Jayspawn
03-23-2006, 10:58 PM
Its been all over my area newspapers and radio. I was thinking about going too.

I guess all the high-pitches caught up with Steven.

El Chuxter
06-23-2006, 09:23 PM
Caesar, here (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060624/music_nm/aerosmith_dc;_ylt=AvVPkmz3bKN5isexbvHKFgVxFb8C;_yl u=X3oDMTA0cDJlYmhvBHNlYwM)'s something that should make your day. It certainly made mine. :D

Aerosmith in classic frame of mind on new album

NEW YORK (Billboard) - Aerosmith is in the thick of work on its new studio album, and the process has not been hindered by vocalist Steven Tyler's recent throat surgery, according to guitarist Joe Perry.

"He's sounding better than ever," Perry told Billboard.com. "Even just listening to him talk, his voice has this timbre that I haven't heard for years."

In addition to considering material from outside songwriters, Aerosmith is looking to its archives for inspiration as it records the album, which should be out in spring 2007 via Columbia.

"There's some stuff we left off certain records that we've been scratching our heads over why that happened," Perry said. "There's also bits and pieces of things we haven't got to, and some stuff from (the 2004 blues album) 'Honkin' on Bobo' that never got finished. We want to bring some of the elements of the experimenting we've done on the albums over the last few years and mash that in with that 'Honkin' on Bobo' kind of energy."

By way of describing the method to Aerosmith's madness in the studio, Perry said that "it's kind of like the old story of the 100-year-old hammer handed down for three generations. The handle has been changed three times, and the head changed four. For us, we're the same old hammer, but updated a few times."

He added, "Some songs are still two riffs and a chorus, but they're classic Aerosmith: a guitar riff and the vocals and the slammin' rhythm section. Some of the material could have been written last week or 10 or 20 years ago. It's funny how some of it sounds like that to me. Some of it has bell bottoms and big hair, but it's surprising how well it fits today's playlists."

Perry said he can't wait to hit the road with Motley Crue on the the Route of All Evil tour, which begins September 14 in Holmdel, N.J. "In some ways Motley Crue is like a baby band to me," he says. "You still think of them as kids. But they have gone through all the things bands go through, come back and they have a whole batch of fans who saw them at the first rock show they ever went to. When you turn on classic rock radio now, you have Motley Crue, Aerosmith, Led Zeppelin and the Stones."

In addition, Perry promises that Aerosmith will be dusting off a song or two from its back catalog, similar to "Seasons of Wither" and "Draw the Line," which have come back from the dead on recent tours.

"Other songs will get that day in the sun, because they never did," he said. "Maybe other songs crowded them out. In the late '80s and early '90s, we had those singles to play and there wasn't as much interest from the fans in those songs. But there are fans that are now discovering some of those early records."

2-1B
06-24-2006, 08:38 PM
Already ordered my tickets on Wednesday morning for 2 dates this Fall. :cool:

Seasons is a cool tune but not my favorite one live so I hope that rotates OUT of the list. If they want to replace it with something else from Wings, I'm always up for Lord of the Thighs but my dream is to someday hear Pandora's Box live since it's number 1 on my "want" list of unheard live songs in concert...right ahead of Milk Cow Blues and Young Lust.

Oh man Chux, 2 years ago I missed Milk Cow by ONE night. I was so close. :cry:

No offense to Joe but I don't know what he's talking about when it comes to adding a few old school gems because they've been doing that the last 6 or 7 years from my experiences...there's always an "Adam's Apple" or "No More No More" or "Seasons of Wither" (which I already mentioned) on the last several tours and the crowd always goes dead. :( I love getting some different stuff so it's cool with me but in terms of playing to the crowd, yeah they are locked into many of the singles. They could never play Walk This Way live again and it wouldn't bother me. But they won't drop it, of course. :D

seanmcfripp
06-28-2006, 09:05 AM
Earosmith fans, answer me this: How the heck has Joe Perry stayed so ridiculously ripped over the yaers?

2-1B
06-28-2006, 12:54 PM
A hot wife to go home to (and look at on his guitar). Well, not necessarily go home to because I think she travels with him often...maybe that's the secret. :grin:

El Chuxter
06-28-2006, 01:07 PM
Ripped? Have you seen him in his heroin-addict days from the 70s?

seanmcfripp
06-29-2006, 10:14 AM
Yeah, but I'm talking about the "clean" yaers. For the last 20 years or so, he's been cut as all get-out.

JimJamBonds
07-03-2006, 10:55 AM
Caesar, where is the other show you're going to see the 'smith? Alpine Valley and???

2-1B
07-04-2006, 02:25 PM
Tinley Park, Ill-annoy

lol

El Chuxter
10-01-2006, 03:13 PM
You would think that in the age of MP3's, the record companies would've learned not to do this (http://www.amazon.com/Devils-Disguise-Very-Best-Aerosmith/dp/B000HEZF2M/sr=1-8/qid=1159729615/ref=sr_1_8/102-1554275-0442562?ie=UTF8&s=music).

Let's see. . .

Greatest Hits
Gems
Big Ones
Young Lust
Oh Yeah!
and now Devil's Got a New Disguise

2-1B
10-01-2006, 03:52 PM
It's really dumb, I hate it. Well, I guess I wouldn't mind if they actually make Sedona and Disguise available on iTunes for a dollar each (I have an old boot of Sedona Sunrise but this is a new recording, I believe).

Greatest Hits came out at a good time, the band was already self destructing and I believe Joe Perry didn't even know it was being released at the time? (this was after he left the band, I believe it is referenced in their autobiography???). Gems is legitimate since it's a great companion piece to Greatest Hits in the sense that it's a 'best of' that does not repeat a single track. Of course, you have to have both of these just to have the studio cuts of Come Together and Chip Away at the Stone but whatever...

Big Ones is forgiveable since it was a capper to their days with Geffen, it's got all the big 80s/90s Geffen hits plus 2 new tracks. I don't think Big Ones was a bad move to release.

Now as for Young Lust and Oh Yeah, those are both just ridiculous. It doesn't help that they came out around the same time as each other, with Sony and Geffen double dipping for an inexcusable second go-round. The 2 new songs on Oh Yeah were horrible. Lay it Down was bad but not that bad I guess, at least compared to the vile Girls of Summer.

As for this new one now, it's annoying and I believe it is counting toward their deal with Sony which they will not be re-signing, I've heard? :confused:

Sad thing is that in the middle of it all, it seems like a great record like Honkin on Bobo doesn't get much love. :cry:

I'm just glad the band is still together. :D Steven with his vocal problems and the cancelled shows of last year, his current battle with Hep C, and TH's throat cancer radiation keeping him off the road for the first part of this tour is alarming in that I will be sad when they finally call it quits. So I better take what I can get while I can, I'm going to 2 shows this week and I can't wait ! ! ! Hopefully The Tall Cool One will be back in the saddle for Chicago, otherwise I'm curious to see how the band functions with David Hull filling in for TH. :)

JimJamBonds
10-01-2006, 04:36 PM
I thought Derek Smalls took over the bass duties while TH is on the shelf?

El Chuxter
10-01-2006, 05:24 PM
Young Lust is actually not that bad. It has "Love Me Two Times" from Air America (not that it's a bad soundtrack, but if you don't have it...) and a bunch of b-sides.

Oh Yeah was more for casual fans, and not a bad compilation in that. But putting new songs on it, especially when they turned out sucktacular, was a bad move.

Oh, and I forgot Made in America, which was originally a WM-exclusive mini-compilation of older Columbia stuff with one unreleased live track, but which somehow found its way into every Pic-n-Save and Big Lots in America a few months later.

Yeah, it is sad that Honkin' on Bobo didn't get much attention. Maybe the radio stations and record companies assumed a great rock band couldn't produce great recordings of songs that are as ancient as 80 years old. (Wasn't the only single "The Grind," which was an original song, anyway?)

2-1B
10-01-2006, 08:21 PM
I think Baby Please Don't Go was the only tune released as a single, I say that because I do know they shot a video for it.

I can't say for certain that they didn't release The Grind but I don't think they did?

El Chuxter
10-01-2006, 11:32 PM
I just remember it being in that camera commercial.

BTW, in the list earlier, I overlooked Gold (reissue of Young Lust?), and I think they have a 20th Century Masters CD or two. That's more redundant hits collections than Heart.

2-1B
10-02-2006, 08:40 PM
Oh yeah ! I forgot about that camera commercial, good call.

As for Gold and Masters, I don't even "count" those since they seem to put just about every old group on those formats. lol lol lol

JimJamBonds
10-06-2006, 01:32 PM
It don't matter how you look at it, Aerosmith RULES!

I pretty much have to agree, that is a fair summery. :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
10-06-2006, 01:56 PM
Wasn't that originally posted by me?

2-1B
10-06-2006, 03:23 PM
No kidding, Chux is the author of this thread and therefore the thread title, for " Cryin' " out loud. lol lol lol

El Chuxter
10-06-2006, 04:13 PM
JJB, you're livin' on the edge. One more misquote, and it's my fist, your face, that's for sure. :)

(Caesar will be the only other person here to get that.)

2-1B
10-06-2006, 04:29 PM
The reason a Chux has so many friends is cuz he wags his tail instead of his tongue.

lol lol lol lol lol

El Chuxter
10-06-2006, 04:47 PM
Shame on you. Stop messin' 'round, or I'll kick you night in the ruts.

JimJamBonds
10-07-2006, 12:22 AM
Wasn't that originally posted by me?

Ahh I guess.... yeahhhhhhhh.......... sooooo ummm........ hi!

2-1B
10-07-2006, 12:56 AM
it's Amazing chux but this really is Nobody's Fault. just a case of jimjam overflexing his Adam's Apple and wondering What it Takes to quote you correctly...it really is a One Way Street.

regards,
Uncle Salty

2-1B
10-15-2006, 09:49 PM
Hey Chux, you know what's been my fave Aero song of late ? :confused:

Walkin' the Dog

I don't know why exactly, of course it's a good song but for whatever reason I've been high on the debut album of late...and Walkin' the Dog has been on my mind for days and days now. :grin:

And One Way Street...and Movin' Out.

Hell, that whole album is solid but Walkin' the Dog is my favorite song for now. That will change of course but for now it's my favorite song. lol lol lol

El Chuxter
10-15-2006, 10:25 PM
That album do rock. I finally found the original of "Walkin' the Dog" by Rufus Thomas, and I already had the Stones' version of it. Aerosmith was very faithful to the original (moreso than the Stones), but their version still is the best. Easily one of my favorite 'Smith songs.

I was hoping that Devil's Got a New Disguise would be one of those CDs that's like $6.99 the first week of release. No such luck; Target didn't even advertise the thing. I guess I'll download the two tracks or wait until BMG has one of their "Buy 1 at 1/2 price, get unlimited for free!" sales and hope they're carrying it.

Speaking of 20th Century Masters, it looks like Rob Zombie has one coming out this week. Pretty funny stuff -- he already has one of the most complete greatest hits compilations available, and it only costs $2 more. :rolleyes:

2-1B
10-15-2006, 10:28 PM
Chux, um, if you can't find a decent download of Devil and Sedona...drop me a PM. ;) ;) ;)

2-1B
10-21-2006, 07:05 PM
Hey Chux, over at AF1 they are having a "vote for the setlist" thing going on where we can vote for our Top 20...oddly though, the staff didn't actually load EVERY song into the voting program and the number 1 song that struck me as missing was Monkey on My Back since I would have voted for it. Instead, I dropped in Beyond Beautiful but now I'm thinking maybe a better choice would have been Just Push Play.

Anyway, here are the 20 I selected in reverse alphabetical order.
Opine for me, please. :)

I basically tried to touch up different albums and eras, as there are dozens and dozens of songs I would be delighted to hear live at a show. I already mentioned Monkey, that would be my first on deck...and I really struggled to leave Last Child, Nobody's Fault, Adam's Apple, Eyesight to the Blind, and Sick as a Dog off of the list.

You know what, 2 of my favorite newer songs, Fever and The Other Side, would be on there but I'm not big on their live renditions of those tunes from my past experiences so I voted for other stuff instead. :)

I think I might take these 20 songs and make a new playlist out of them on a CD. :grin:

Young Lust
You Gotta Move
What it Takes
Walkin' the Dog
Rag Doll
Pink
Pandora's Box
One Way Street
Nine Lives
Milk Cow Blues
Love in an Elevator
Lord of the Thighs
Livin' on the Edge
Hangman Jury
F.I.N.E.
Dream On
Draw the Line
Big Ten Inch Record
Beyond Beautiful
Back in the Saddle

El Chuxter
12-21-2006, 06:04 PM
Okay, Caesar, here's one for you:

Though Aerosmith has never commercially released a Christmas song, two Christmas songs by band members have been released. Who did them, what are they called, and what album(s) did they appear on?

2-1B
12-27-2007, 10:10 PM
Blue Christmas (from the first Merry Axemas CD) by Joe Perry
Rockin' on Top of the World (from Polar Express) by Steven Tyler

That is, unless you meant this little nugget instead by Steven with Chelsea??? ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiQLQhaw8ag

No idea how I let this slip for over a year, Chux ! :D