PDA

View Full Version : New Hope: Fight with the Tie Figthers glitch??

Adam
10-29-2004, 12:46 AM
I haven't had a chance to sit down and watch my copy of ANH untill today. It's all fine untill I get to the scene after the gang escapes the Death Star. Han and Luke in the turrets, you know. Then I notice this red.. box that follow the first Tie Fighter. And the second. And the third one has a green box around it. How did they miss this????? Or is my copy just defective? Anyone else notice this?

derek
10-29-2004, 05:04 AM
i haven't noticed this. is your TV in good working order? my brother has one of those big projection screens that messes up the color sometimes. maybe this is happening to you?

Pendo
10-29-2004, 06:43 AM
It's deffo not on my copy!

PENDO!

jonthejedi
10-29-2004, 06:56 AM
I had mentioned this in one of the earlier forums...that visible matte lines are visible on my copy during the TIE attack, more grey to brown on my TV. It might be the way people have their color set.

jonthejedi
10-29-2004, 06:58 AM
Also, has anyone noticed the gun flash frames during the Tantive IV assault. They appear almost pinkish-red now, and more prominent. I don't recall this from the VHS or laser copes?

Exhaust Port
10-29-2004, 06:32 PM
Do you notice this on the DVD or older VHS versions? I know my VHS tapes show the matte outline quite visibly around the Tie Fighters. The appear to me to be a faint red but are quite noticeable (especially once you pick it out, you can't stop seeing them).

I haven't gone through that scene closely on the DVD to see if they are visible and if so, how visible they are. That was something that always bugged me and wished it would be fixed.

Adam
10-29-2004, 09:36 PM
I noticed this on the DVD, and I don't have a vcr handy that still works so I can't check it. But it struck out at me because I never remembered seeing it like that. I watched it on a smaller tv in my room, I will try it on the big tv later to see if it is just the smaller one.

Rocketboy
10-29-2004, 10:47 PM
I just see the matte boxes around the TIEs, which seem more prominent than they did on VHS.

Adam
10-31-2004, 06:12 PM
I guess it was either my ps2 or my tv, because it looked fine on the big tv. Oh well.