PDA

View Full Version : Happy Halloween (Post your pumpkin, tell a story!!)

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-29-2004, 10:12 PM
Its early, I know, but I dont know how much mine will last. Here is a pic, not a very good one, but its all I can do in the rain:)

JediTricks
10-29-2004, 11:18 PM
Pretty cool! As dark as the photo is, I can make it out so you did good enough. ;) I can't do SW pumpkins like that, I am still in the "basic jack-o-lantern" phase myself, but I have given it much thought.

(ps - I moved this thread to GenDisc because the "Collecting-Other" section is for collectibles)

James Boba Fettfield
10-29-2004, 11:24 PM
Just get a Pumpkin Masters carving kit. Just don't break those saws that come with it. And raw pumpkin...oh so delicious.

Now creating these designs yourself...out of my league. But I can follow the patterns, just provide them and I'll take out the pumpkin master kit.

Good pumpkins, RG.

JediTricks
10-29-2004, 11:39 PM
I'm a pumpkin-purist, I categorically refuse to use patterns of any kind. :D In fact, only last year did I start drawing my concepts out on the pumpkins at all. I'm a nut.

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-29-2004, 11:51 PM
I KNOW people have good Halloween stories, so lets hear 'em.

When I was little my mother made me a pretty sweet Jawa costume, of course no one knew what the heck I was. A monk maybe..............?

One year I was a vampire and this one lady said "Oh I know what you are, youre Darth Vader!!!" Yeah right:rolleyes:lol

Kidhuman
10-29-2004, 11:58 PM
One year I was a vampire and this one lady said "Oh I know what you are, youre Darth Vader!!!" Yeah right:rolleyes:lol

You should post that in Dark Artists' new thread. He would like that one.

Nice Pumpkin BTW.

Ji'dai
10-30-2004, 06:22 PM
That's a nice job! I did a Yoda pumpkin last year but used a green christmas light. Made a world of difference! I did a Vader pumpkin this year and I always use templates to work from. I haven't carved a pumpkin free-hand in years!

When I was a kid, I always had those cheapie plastic-suit costumes with the rubber banded plastic mask. I know I was Vader and Yoda on year, maybe Fett for another. Pack-rat that I am, I still have 'em too.

I posted the pumpkin carvings I did at another forum (I'm "Jack Panix" on all other boards):

http://btvsfigs.proboards35.com/index.cgi?board=Everything&action=display&num=1099019880

Slicker
10-31-2004, 04:11 PM
I've go a Halloween story but it has nothing to do with SW. It was maybe 11 years ago and my mother, my little brother, and myself were out trick or treating and we were on our way back and about 2 blocks from home when my little brother let a fart and got a little something extra from it. From then on we always wished him a Crappy Halloween. That's one of those stories that'll I'll have to tell his kids.

Rebo's_Guitarist
10-31-2004, 11:44 PM
Thats classic!

Kidhuman
11-01-2004, 07:18 AM
when my little brother let a fart and got a little something extra from it.

He sharted. Thats a fart with the binus. :D :beardL