PDA

View Full Version : November 2004: Monthly DVD Round-up!!

Hellboy
10-30-2004, 01:21 PM
Lots of good stuff this month.

November 2nd:
- Dazed & Confused: Flashback Edition

November 16th:
- Buck Rogers in the 25th Century: Complete Epic Series
- The Chronicles of Riddick
- Space Ghost Coast to Coast: Volume 2

November 23rd:
- Star Wars Animated Adventures: Ewoks
- Star Wars Animated Adventures: Droids

November 30th:
- Hero
- Spider-Man 2: SE

B'Omarr Monkey
10-30-2004, 02:08 PM
I've still lots of catching up to do from the past few months, but here's what I plan to get (eventually) coming out in November:

11/2

Looney Tunes Golden Collection --Volume 2

11/9

Ju-On
The Marx Brothers Silver Screen Collection

11/16

Pee-Wee's Playhouse - 1
Pee Wee's Playhouse -2 (I can't wait for both of these!)

11/24

SW: The Ewok Adventures -(mostly for my kids)
SW: The Animated Adventures: Droids
SW: The Animated Adventures: Ewoks (I have complete runs of both on VHS, so I don't really need either of these since they are not complete, but at $10 a pop, I may get them anyway)

11/30

Hero
Nothern Exposure - Season 2
Fantastic Films of Ray Harryhausen - boxed set
Spider-Man 2 - Sp.ed. WS

evenflow
10-30-2004, 05:56 PM
November 16th:
A Perfect Circle - aMotion
Pink vs. Syd: The Pink Floyd Story

November 23rd:
Star Wars Animated Adventures: Ewoks
Star Wars Animated Adventures: Droids
Star Wars: Ewoks
Harry Potter

November 30th:
Spider-Man 2: SE
Daredevil: Director's Cut (Maybe)

James Boba Fettfield
10-30-2004, 07:32 PM
November 9th
Ju-On

Gotta hold off on that Spider-Man 2, wait til next year's extended edition.

Yeah, it's a big month for me!

Rocketboy
10-30-2004, 11:21 PM
So many movies, so little money...

Nov 2
Fast Times at Ridgemont High

Nov 5
Shrek 2

Nov 16
Aqua Teen Hunger Force Volume 3
Elf
The Chronicles of Riddick

Nov 23
Star Wars: Droids
Star Wars: Ewoks
Star Wars: Ewoks Adventures

Nov 30
Daredevil: Director's Cut
Spider-man 2
Billy Madison/Happy Gilmore

Sentinel18725
10-30-2004, 11:25 PM
What is the Pink Flyod vs. Syd...???? I have not heard about this. I would love to hear about it.

Sentinel18725
10-30-2004, 11:28 PM
Let's see

November 2

West Wing (S3)

November 16

Riddick

November 23

Star Wars Ewok, Droids, etc.
Terminal

November 30

What's with the special edition of daredevil
spiderman 2
billy madison/happy gilmore (is this just a packaged set? with no changes)

evenflow
10-31-2004, 07:19 AM
What is the Pink Flyod vs. Syd...???? I have not heard about this. I would love to hear about it.

It is supposed to be the Pink Floyd story and has interviews from all the guys. Being the huge fan that I am, I am interested in checking it out. I found out about it on Amazon.

Rocketboy
10-31-2004, 09:18 AM
What's with the special edition of daredevil
Director's cut with 30 minutes of new stuff, which much of is a subplot with Matt Murdock defending Coolio (Yes, Coolio).

billy madison/happy gilmore (is this just a packaged set? with no changes)
I thought that was out already. Must've been pushed back.
Amazon says:
- Commentary by director Tamra Davis on "Billy Madison"
- Contains both movies with new features:
- Never-before-seen bonus features
- New remastered prints
- Happy Gilmore in widescreen for the first time
- Deleted scenes
- Alternate scenes
- Outtakes
Widescreen Happy Gilmore - awesome. I wouldn't buy it before because it fullscreen. Add this one to my list.

James Boba Fettfield
10-31-2004, 09:29 AM
Director's cut with 30 minutes of new stuff, which much of is a subplot with Matt Murdock defending Coolio (Yes, Coolio).

Some stuff from the theatrical version has also been removed for the director's cut.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
10-31-2004, 10:28 AM
Nov. 5
Shrek 2 (free, since we've bought $100 worth of Pepsi/Frito-Lay stuff at Albertson's)

Nov. 16
Elf (rental, at least)

Nov. 23
Star Wars Ewok Adventures
Star Wars Droids
Star Wars Ewoks
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Nov. 30
Spider-Man 2 (the extended version is just so the studio can make more money, Sam Raimi actually said that)

Rocketboy
10-31-2004, 10:42 AM
Nov. 16
Elf (rental, at least)
Dang, forgot Elf too!

El Chuxter
10-31-2004, 12:18 PM
So I suppose this proves that Coolio is not dead?

I hate the double-dipping, but I've been excited about the Billy Madison re-release since I first heard of it. A question regarding this release: I've noticed when this airs on the USA Network, there's a scene of Billy playing baseball with the servants that I've never seen anywhere else. Is this going to be included (preferably uncut) on the new DVD?

Pendo
10-31-2004, 01:28 PM
1st November:
Most Haunted - The Complete First Series
Mr. Bean Volume 1 (about bloody time it was released over here in the UK)

2nd November:
Shrek 2

8th November:
Elf
Fire In The Sky
Jimmy Carr Live
Red Dwarf - Series 5
Red Dwarf - Series 5 Gift Set (yes I'm geeky enough to buy both)

15th November:
Friends - The Complete Series 1 to 10
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
Thunderbirds

22nd November:
Bo' Selecta! - The Complete 3rd Series Plus Christmas Special
Spider-Man 2

Hopefully I'll aso be picking up the 2 Ewok movies and the Droids and Ewoks movies this, but no UK release date has been given so it's looking unlikely that we're getting them :(. I'll have to get the Region 1 release.

PENDO!

James Boba Fettfield
10-31-2004, 02:06 PM
Nov. 30
Spider-Man 2 (the extended version is just so the studio can make more money, Sam Raimi actually said that)

Uh, that's what double dips are meant to do. For whatever reason any movie is re-released, it's about making more money.

evenflow
11-01-2004, 11:42 AM
Some stuff from the theatrical version has also been removed for the director's cut.

Yeah i dont like that, not sure if i will be buying it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-01-2004, 11:50 AM
Uh, that's what double dips are meant to do. For whatever reason any movie is re-released, it's about making more money.
Well, I mean Sony or whatever actually said, "Hey, will you shoot some new footage for Spider-Man 2 so we can put out a deluxe version and make more money?" He said he was fine with the theatrical version. He isn't adding in footage to enrich the film he wanted to put in theaters, he's doing it so the studio can make more money. The EEs of LOTR are using pre-existing footage to flesh out the films and make them more true to the books, it's not like Peter Jackson went back and filmed a scene of Sam and Frodo talking about something random.

James Boba Fettfield
11-01-2004, 04:27 PM
Yeah i dont like that, not sure if i will be buying it.

Yeah, I understand what you mean. I assumed, bad mistake on my part, that this DC would be an extended film. IGN describes it as a DVD to accompany the theatrical dvd edition. :ermm:

I suppose I'll be happy with just the DC when I buy it.

Well, I mean Sony or whatever actually said, "Hey, will you shoot some new footage for Spider-Man 2 so we can put out a deluxe version and make more money?" He said he was fine with the theatrical version. He isn't adding in footage to enrich the film he wanted to put in theaters, he's doing it so the studio can make more money. The EEs of LOTR are using pre-existing footage to flesh out the films and make them more true to the books, it's not like Peter Jackson went back and filmed a scene of Sam and Frodo talking about something random.

Yeah, good points all around. I'm still waiting for it. After seeing how much the picture improved due to a better transfer on the re-release of Spider-Man 1 a few months back, I think I'll wait and see what the extended edition produces. I hate getting sucked into the double dip game, so I stick it out and wait to see what this edition will bring before I commit to any purchases.

I understand your points, though.