PDA

View Full Version : Aliens Playset

jonthejedi
11-01-2004, 04:27 AM
I was surprised to walk into my local Suncoast yesteday & spied the long-delayed Aliens playset from Treehouse Kids/Palisades Toys. I immediately grabbed one as well as a mini-swarm pack which they also had a ton of. The swarm packs are "blind" packed with different aliens, marines, or combos of both; or with extra crates & eggs. It's diarama time! I wish someone would get the rights to do a SW set like this(platoons of little white stormtroopers) now more than ever. The processing station play environment rocks...and I can only hope they do a Queen Alien & Ripley set. I got lucky with my swarm pack...2 Colonial Marines(Drake & Hudson) & 2 different pose alien warriors. This set brings back fond memories of the classic Marx Bros. playsets of times long gone.

plasticfetish
11-03-2004, 02:39 AM
Wow, cool! Thanks for the heads-up. (I started a thread about this here (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=24730&page=1&pp=10&highlight=alien+playset) a while ago.) I was just wondering when we'd start seeing these show up. Very cool... I'll wander over to my Suncoast tomorrow.

jonthejedi
11-03-2004, 03:56 AM
Let me know what you think if, or when, you find it. I'm glad it's available at retail. It looks like the Drake/Vasquez marines are just other versions of the marines from the playsets. I went to a different Suncoast where most of their "swarm" packs were open at the top...the marines all have pulse rifles. As we remember, Drake & Vasquez("You're just too bad!") were smart gun operators.

plasticfetish
11-09-2004, 03:05 AM
I hit my local Suncoast and picked up the playset and one swarm pack. (The set was $29.99 and the pack was $6.99)

I knew I was gonna dig it when I saw it at Comic-con, and now with it eating up a whole shelf in my studio :) I'm really happy to have it. It comes with six soldiers and seven aliens. The set also comes with a bunch of other bits and accessories, like eight egg pods and a bunch of little plastic cargo boxes.

It's simply a fun idea. Well constructed on the whole -- keeping in mind that it's a simpl-ish assemble it yourself kind of thing. The figures are really cool little "army men" style figures, and they're nicely made, have great detail and really live up to making this a super Alien item.

My only one criticism, and this is really minor, is that the figures come out a bit warped (the bases) and they need to be re-shaped a bit.

So... if you're an Alien(s) fan, and you're happily stunned whenever someone comes out with a kids toy for one of these completely "adult" movies, then this sucker's for you.

-----

I wish Palisades (or "Tree House Kids"...?) had something about these on their Web site -- it's really weird how they tend to kind of lamely promote things like this. I'd love to see a list, with photos of all figures, including variants.

Edit: OK. I looked again and found the Web site for this toy... www.treehouse-kids.com (http://www.treehouse-kids.com) The site's kind of wonky, but it's there.

jonthejedi
11-09-2004, 03:35 AM
Have to agree..many of mine had bent(warped) bases making it hard for my son & I to get them to stand. My base was missing the two holes for the red ladder, so I had to drill them(no hardship). Wish the poses would have been a bit more varied...I did like the hanging alien with the curved tail.