PDA

View Full Version : I got mine on Halloween

CrunchyNug
11-01-2004, 07:16 PM
Well, now it's November 1st, and all those Silver Vaders should have hit the shelves yesterday all accross the land. I'm in L.A. and I almost had my grubby little hands on the last silver installment earlier in the week.

I called a store and spoke with a sales associate who found the Silver Vaders on the pegs for $9.99. She said she'd hold a pair of them for me up at customer service. After work I drove to the store, only to find them missing. I spoke with the manager and he said that he "caught the mistake" and had to pull the figures off the floor until the sale date...Oct 31st.

Anyway, I went back on Sunday and saw over 20 of them hanging there. I grabbed 2 minty ones and headed home.

Anyone else have any intreresting experiences? Is everyone finding these easily? Or don't we care because we're all burnt out on those Silver things anyway?

Ji'dai
11-01-2004, 07:28 PM
I spotted about ten of them on the pegs middle of last week. There were still some left today. The promotion was launched over the weekend where you can get one free with a $20 SW purchase. If they actually had something I wanted to buy, I might've been interested in getting a Vader free but I'm not payin' $10 for one.

Rebo's_Guitarist
11-01-2004, 07:33 PM
my store has none:mad:

Kidhuman
11-01-2004, 07:35 PM
Got mine on AMazon.

Darth Jax
11-01-2004, 08:33 PM
Got mine when i picked up the Y-Wing.

Reefer Shark
11-01-2004, 10:55 PM
I got mine yesterday at TRU. They didn't have any on the pegs, I had to bring $19.99 worth of SW stuff to the customer service desk to get one (because the checkers didn't know anything about it).

stillakid
11-01-2004, 11:49 PM
I got one today...the last one hanging on the pegs...at TRU on Sherman Way in Van Nuys. A little bend in the bottom of the card, but I didn't give a ****. The whole silver-thing has lost it's specialness. I just got it because I suffer from this annoying tendency to buy anything I don't have. Damn. :mad:

I stuffed it up on the shelf with the rest of my "carded" collectables. Need a bigger shelf....

But it did "force" me to buy one of the new OTC 12" Stormtroopers. I've been casually eyeing them and this was enough to motivate me to pick one up finally.

dindae
11-02-2004, 09:17 AM
I pick up one with the Y-wing and then went to another store to get one with the darth TIE. The stores in Nashville are good about running the promotions right. Last time one store didn't get the figures on time but they knew about it at least. I wasn't going to buy the darth TIE but it was that or the plush characters.

Hellboy
11-03-2004, 01:19 PM
Initially I was going to pass on this newest Silver figure but since it's the last one being made I felt compelled to complete the line and got mine on Saturday. I Bought another Y-wing for a friend, 2 more CC Pilots and the new Naboo Final Combat 4-pack. They were handing the Vaders out at the register and the gal gave me 3 since I spent $60. :D

Ji'dai
11-03-2004, 05:13 PM
Well, I ended up finding 2 Scanning Crew Troopers at TRU today so I bought the Ewok Attack Glider too and got a free Vader. There were still plenty left on the pegs though; I hope it doesn't end up pegwarming.

Turbowars
11-03-2004, 10:18 PM
(because the checkers didn't know anything about it).Why doesn't that surprise me?:rolleyes:

mrpauldeeds
11-04-2004, 08:11 PM
i had to buy 20 bucks worth of star wars toys to get a free silver vader. so i ended up buying a OTC tusken and just cuz i had to the unleashed obi won. i almost didnt get it cuz the total was 19.98 and i needed 19.99 to get the free vader. no joke, that one penny almost cost me. got it though:)

plasticfetish
11-06-2004, 12:18 AM
They were handing the Vaders out at the register and the gal gave me 3 since I spent $60. :DThe same thing happened to me. I picked up a Falcon (on sale $39.99) for PF Jr. for X-Mas -- and they gave me 2 silver Vaders.

So... it doesn't hurt to ask.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-06-2004, 02:34 PM
Got mine when i picked up the Y-Wing.

As did I today. I didn't really know about the Silver Vader thing. I didn't have any other silver figures. The only one that had interested me before was the R2 but I never really saw anything about it in the store at the time. Today, I saw the sign that said buy $19.99 or more and get the silver Vader, but they didn't have enough figures that I wanted to get. Then I saw the Y-Wing so I asked someone if that counted or if it had to be figures (the sign said figures and accessories). She said yes, so now I have a Y-Wing and a silver Vader.

kool-aid killer
11-06-2004, 04:17 PM
Im tempted on hitting up a local TRU really quick but i didnt even get my silver Clonetrooper last year. I was told that they hadnt recieved any so i got a raincheck and after many calls to check on its status i finally just gave up. TRU has really lost its credibility with me in regards to its store promotions.

kool-aid killer
11-09-2004, 03:19 PM
Update: I went on Sunday and was luckily able to find something i wanted that exceeded the price point needed to obtain the silver Vader. Went to pay for the Y-wing and i mentioned the promotion while the cashier rang up the toy and she went and got me my Vader. I was very pleased that there was no hassle in getting him. I like the figure. The silver on him looks nice and the card (something that im not anal about being perfect anyways) is in awesome shape too. Sweet!

bobafrett
11-09-2004, 07:30 PM
I found a sidekick display of silver Vaders at the TRU in Downers Grove, Illinois. I picked up two at $9.99 each. When I scanned them under the price checker, they came up Shrek and Donkey promo. What did that mean? I purchased them both without having to buy any other item. I was just glad to get them as I never got my hands on the earlier silver Vader.

KIDD
11-11-2004, 10:29 PM
As did I today. I didn't really know about the Silver Vader thing. I didn't have any other silver figures. The only one that had interested me before was the R2 but I never really saw anything about it in the store at the time. Today, I saw the sign that said buy $19.99 or more and get the silver Vader, but they didn't have enough figures that I wanted to get. Then I saw the Y-Wing so I asked someone if that counted or if it had to be figures (the sign said figures and accessories). She said yes, so now I have a Y-Wing and a silver Vader.
Hey if u still need a silver r2-d2 i have a few lmk ill hook u up

but yeah i like the vader hes kool all in all a nice adition to the silver line

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-13-2004, 12:09 PM
I tell ya, the Silver Editions don't sell like they used to. I went to my local TRU last Monday hoping that the Silver Vaders were still there, but realizing it's been a couple weeks since the promotion, and that they probably didn't have any left, but low and behold, after buying a Y-Wing and an Endor 4 pack, I received one. I didn't rush to TRU the week of the promotion, mostly due to fiscal concerns (I am not broke, but just careful on what I spend) nor the week after, but did make it in due time to get one.

I also have an extra Silver R2, if anyone would like to trade for one.

Jayspawn
11-18-2004, 10:45 AM
I bought a VOTC Boba Fett and Stormtrooper (to open) and got one of the last Silver Vaders. So I'm all caught up.