PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2

mrmiller
11-01-2004, 11:35 PM
Wow- no Halo 2 thread? Anyhow it's one week from this posting. Who is excited as I am about it? Anyone going to a midnight release, only to stay up all night playing?

=MATT=

Darth Mina
11-01-2004, 11:38 PM
I can't wait for it I'm for sure playing all nite on the 9th :crazed:

Hellboy
11-03-2004, 12:33 PM
I'm with ya mrmiller. I don't think I've ever been as excited about an upcoming video game release as much as I am for Halo 2. I'm sure it has something to do with the fact it's been delayed for such a long time but this game is going to be insane. I'd like to go to midnight madness but considering I have to work the next day I'm better off picking it up on the 9th.

I just got my DSL connection up and running and hopefully will be on X-box live shortly after the game's release. :D

QLD
11-04-2004, 03:44 AM
I am picking mine up at midnight madness! I can't wait!

Reefer Shark
11-04-2004, 09:43 PM
I'll be getting mine on the 9th too! I've dusted off the original Halo, and have been playing this week for a little practice. Gotta get ready for some Live Multiplayer!

mrmiller
11-05-2004, 02:00 AM
I've been doing the same with Halo 1 playing on XBC. I'll also be in line at midnight ot get mine and break it our for an all nighter.

Video games are big as any other form of entertainment now, and the midnight release shows. There have been midnight album releases, concet ticket sales, movie ticket sales and shows, and now gaming has evolved to that level.

=MATT=

Reefer Shark
11-08-2004, 04:28 PM
Well I just took back a bunch of games to EB, and traded for a Halo2 copy. It's all paid for, and now I'm tempted to pick it up at 12:00am (against my better judgment, gotta work in the morning). I figure "maybe I'll just play for an hour, I will still get 4 hours of sleep..." Yeah right, probably play all night and call out sick.

12inch Lando
11-09-2004, 06:00 AM
Well, after a 5 hour game session with my clan on Halo 2 I'm still stoked. This one rocks! We didn't call it a day till 6am.

QLD
11-09-2004, 11:49 AM
Well, after a 5 hour game session with my clan on Halo 2 I'm still stoked. This one rocks! We didn't call it a day till 6am.

I am loving it myself! Having been a part of that gaming session, I can't wait to do it some more. I am going to try a little campaign mode today, hopefully topped off with some multi-player this evening.

The new sword is awesome, though I think the Brute Shot is worthless. So far at least. The level designs are immaculate. Honestly, everything that was said about this game being amazing, is pretty much right.

jad
11-10-2004, 02:24 PM
Is anyone familiar with the Halo 2 perview that came out around 6 to 7 months ago, and it actually showed a whole walkthrough of an actual level from the game? I believe it took place on earth in africa or something. I was just wondering if anyone knows if this level is actually in the game. So far i'm about half way through it, and I'm not longer on earth. I would be kinda dissapointed if I didn't get to play this level as it looked very very cool. Can anyone enlighten me on this?

Hellboy
11-11-2004, 05:24 PM
Alright, I've logged in some serious hours playing this game in both single and multiplayer form and I've formed a few opinions and questions about this sequel. First of all don't get me wrong the game is amazing and every bit as fun as the original but I do have a few complaints and I'd love to hear how you guys feel about them.

1) The on screen gun models are now bigger, taking up more of the screen and obstructing your field of vision more. This does take some getting used to but really didn't bother me as much as a few of my friends who have major issues with it.

2) Where are the other Earth based vehicles we saw in numerous illustrations throughout the development process?? I vividly remember seeing pictures of at least 2 different types of APC vehicles that could hold upwards of 8 soldiers. These vehicles looked like the Warthog but had tank style tracks in the rear instead of wheels. Anybody remember seeing these as well?

3) All of this waiting and only 11 Multiplayer levels and on top of that only 9 of them are new since Coagulation and Beaver Creek are just re-tools of Blood Gultch and Battle Creek from the first game (nicely done re-tools I might add). Maybe some more levels can be unlocked through advancement in the single player campaign but the original Halo had no hidden extras so I'm a bit skeptical about their existance in this sequel.

Opinions??

QLD
11-12-2004, 12:52 AM
There is another level you can unlock with the completion of the campaign. However, there is a bug with it, and for a lot of people, it is not unlocking, myself included in that group.

I won't spoil it, but the ending was, shall we say.....lame? It came out of nowhere. Just when you think the story is coming together, and things are making sense, it ends. The story just hits a brick wall. That's my biggest complaint about the game so far.

The online multi-player is a little cumbersome. To have your group play an online game together in ranked mode, you basically have to play some random team game, a lot of which i don't enjoy that much. I personally, want more 4 on 4, or 8 on 8 team deathmatches.

But, those aren't major complaints, as I really LOVE the game.

chrisc
11-14-2004, 02:13 PM
Two questions.

1. On multiplayer me and my friend were playing the other day and could not figure out how to do a horizontal screen (top and bottom), Only vertical
(side by side) How do you change this?????

2. Can you hook two Xbox together and play eight people at once or is it online only. If you can what do I need. We have like 20 Halo junkies in our battalion.

Hellboy
11-15-2004, 04:23 PM
Two questions.

1. On multiplayer me and my friend were playing the other day and could not figure out how to do a horizontal screen (top and bottom), Only vertical
(side by side) How do you change this?????

There should be an option in the settings area but I haven't looked. The game automatically defaults to the horizontal POV though so at some point you must have accidently changed it to the vertical POV. If you can't figure it out just create a new character and delete your old one and the default settings will return.

2. Can you hook two Xbox together and play eight people at once or is it online only. If you can what do I need. We have like 20 Halo junkies in our battalion.

With system-link play, you can connect two Xbox consoles with an Xbox system-link cable (allowing up to eight players), or up to 16 Xbox consoles using an Ethernet hub. System-link is how my friends and I play, usually 2 on 2 team slayer. If you have two televisions and a buddy with an Xbox I highly recommend trying it out this way it's a blast.

Reefer Shark
12-03-2004, 07:43 PM
I finished the single player game earlier this week. Awesome game, you cant beat the controls and overall feeling of the game. I will agree that the ending sucked, big time.

I read somewhere that they didn't include the full ending... It'll probably be included on the rumored Halo 2.5 .

So now it's on to Ghost Recon 2. :cool:

Hellboy
12-05-2004, 02:25 AM
There is another level you can unlock with the completion of the campaign. However, there is a bug with it, and for a lot of people, it is not unlocking, myself included in that group.

Is this level only unlocked after completing the game on Legendary? I've finished the game on Heroic and I got nothing. Hopefully I don't have this bug as well. I'm currently playing through on Legendary now but its slow going, much more difficult.

mrmiller
12-08-2004, 02:12 PM
Wow- I’ve been away a long time. Halo 2 has actually consumed me as my Xbox clan has been playing it like crazy.

I hope everyone has figured out how to change the split screen orientation, but if not here it goes. You have to change the screen type in the Xbox console settings, not the Halo 2 settings. If your Xbox is set for a widescreen TV, it will play multiplayer side to side, and instead of “stretching” the image like many widescreen modes, it will actually give you the extra screen so each side has about a full size view. To change the screen orientation in a multiplayer game from horizontal to vertical or from vertical to horizontal, enter the Xbox console settings and change the video to widescreen or regular display (widescreen giving you the vertical split and normal giving you the horizontal split).

The unlockable level is a multiplayer only level called Foundation. It’s actually unlocked now if you have Xbox live and the latest update. For those of you without Live you must unlock it yourself. You can unlock it on any difficulty level, but there is a small trick to it. On the last level you must perform one new “trick” in the Banshee, then when you finish the game it will be unlocked. Since most everyone has already done the banshee tricks before the last level, it can be hard to unlock the extra map. A trick is to create another profile and play the last level co-op. You can start the game on the last level with your old profile (if you have made it there previously), and have the new profile join in. The new profile should be player 2 and during the level when you get in the banshees the new profile needs to do a “trick” (barrel roll and/or a loop-de-loop). After completing the game with the new Profile who did the trick, the multiplayer level foundation will be available, but for the new profile only. This is what I had to do and it worked fine.

I hope this helps, and is maybe “better late than never” .

=MATT=