PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Kebco

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Jedi Drew
08-26-2005, 06:24 PM
I'm in ANYONE ELSE??? Time to get our money back. Did you ever think that KEBCO has caller I.D. and see's "Joe Blow" on the ID and says we won't answer the call..we owe him/her money.... :yes:

marlymarsh
08-30-2005, 05:28 AM
A big THANK YOU to all of you who have done investigative and road trip work to figure out the situation. It's clear that "buyer beware" could not be more appropriate in this case. Ken really should get online, contact every one of his club members and just start over. There is only so much time in the day, and we know that won't happen. Does anyone actually know how many OoEFC members there are? I'm in the low 100's, but have read posts describing people numbered 400's?

There's no way all of us will ever be satisfied. Why should any of us expect that Ken will get case assortements any better than the uneven way the cases themselves are assorted with product? Of course he will get stuck with a lot of less than desireables- hell, I manage a dairy department and you can bet that a sale on yogurt does not yield an even distribution over all flavors. The "dogs" are always the last to sell, just like the unpopular figures still sit on pegs at the retail outlets. I have a feeling, that while figs are popular, now that the movies are over, there will be less product to go around and more headaches. Still, it would be safe to assume that a natural decline in interest (even if small) will occur. I am sure Ken hopes that the attrition of OoEFC members currently taking place, will accellerate and ease the headache his club has turned into.

Anwyay, just wanted to thank you guys, and you have inspired me to take up interest again in my collection. I had just forgotten about things for a while. Probably would have gotten some letter in like 2006 describing some class action lawsuit that I was welcome to join in.

I hope that we can find ways of being constructive now that we know there's a store, with product, and a real owner still in place. No, I don't think he's checking his called ID over and over. There are more important things to do during the day at a job, but what are they in his case?

JEDIpartner
08-30-2005, 07:55 AM
They should have put a limit on the number of members they would allow in their club.

Vortex
08-30-2005, 04:22 PM
Heck I'm in for gas $ to get either a refund or have a forumite get the stuff I ordered and I'd pay them a little extra to ship me the stuff I ordered. At this point I'd rather have a refund.

Ken's lame sob story doesn't hold water with me, and he IS avoiding his customers makes me loath him more.

The fact that he does not respond to questions or cancellation requests just shows me, the buyer that the seller is shady. The minuet he took my money he works for me. I understand shipping and supply issues, but ya know what, if you don't have it, you can't sell it and hence you better give the money back since you can't make good on your claims.

But I'd be in for some one to go there and get the stuff or get a refund or verification that the credit took place.

Just PM and I'll give you the info.

rassmguy
08-30-2005, 09:07 PM
Everything Ken said is a lie. Fans never tried to screw him over, for crying out loud -- it's always been the other way around. And for the record, his inability to answer e-mails LONG predates when he claims it started. He's a lying sack of [BOOP-DE-BOOP-DE-BOOP], and to hear that he is sitting on all this merchandise instead of sending it to those who have already paid for it is just disgusting.

I hope something bad happens to his store.

songwrtr
08-30-2005, 11:44 PM
I'd chip in some gas $ too, though at this point I only want a refund - in full. I've tracked down most of what KEBco owes me, and they don't have the rest (OTC is primarily what I haven't been able to find and what I'm sure they don't have). Who's making the trip? Send me a PM and I'll send you an accounting of what's still open.

Turbowars
08-31-2005, 12:26 AM
I hope something bad happens to his store.I'm telling yah it's going to be set of fire by one of you guys or Ken will do it himself. People can only take so much BS until you know what hits the fan.

jedi-cpa
09-14-2005, 02:43 PM
This is outrageous!!!!!!!

Still no status page and no toys!!! Stinks!!!

songwrtr
09-14-2005, 03:12 PM
Agreed. I regret ever giving these guys the benefit of the doubt, and I regret not agressively pursuing a refund in January as my instincts told me I should.

jedi-cpa
09-19-2005, 03:31 PM
Still nothing.

ArtooMetoo
09-19-2005, 03:41 PM
What do you guys think would happen if one were to go the kebcotoys.com and sign up for a NEW One Of Every Figure Club account (under a new address that they've never seen before, of course)?

How do you think they'd respond? What kind of communication do you think they'd have with you? Would they start charging your card right away?

Speculation, anyone?

dindae
09-19-2005, 04:25 PM
I think they suspended new members until they get it all sorted out. Other than that I think it would be as bad as getting your hand cut off in a combine and reaching in with your other hand to pick it up. :eek:

jedi-cpa
09-29-2005, 02:20 PM
Real quiet. Still nothing. This is crazy.

Vortex
09-29-2005, 02:24 PM
Vile, dirty, rotten, pieces of filth. I'm sure the "order page" is really being worked on...

ArtooMetoo
09-29-2005, 02:47 PM
By the way, in response to the earlier question I posed "What do you think would happen if one were to go to kebcotoys.com and sign up for a account?"

The answer is:

NOTHING!

No email, no invoice, no nothing.

I've written to them three times, acting all innocent, saying I signed up (which I did) and asked for some more info.

Nothing. Silence.

It's over, folks.

samskull
09-30-2005, 01:09 PM
Remember, when there were only 10 pages of complaints relating to Kebco Toys and there was still some hope that no one had been wrong - that this was all just some kind of mix-up.

Yeah, me either.

I too am glad I put the axe to the grindstone and got my funds back from Ken. You will get nothing resolved in this matter if you are just waiting for something to happen.

And if you've waiting this long...just hoping and praying that you will see the UPS man walk up to your door with 20lbs of plastic paradise...think again. You have squandered the time away and will have an empty stocking again this Christmas.

Time to move on...

jedi-cpa
10-02-2005, 07:27 AM
Remember you'd click the status page and it would take you to the "we're updating it" statement. Well, as far as I can tell, there is no status page anymore...no tab on the front page to even get to it!!!

marlymarsh
10-08-2005, 04:38 PM
If you hit the "contact us" link to email them, the account status bar appears on the forms page. However, it provides the same disappointment as before; there is nothing new, just a promise to update that sometime soon. Argh!

NRPeace
10-20-2005, 06:22 AM
Yesterday, I contacted the Georgia Attorney General's Office and the Governer's Office of Consumer Affairs. They said the best course of action is to send a certified letter to Kebco with a CC to them. They also said that if there is a pattern of unfair business practice, then they need to know about it. The number for the Consumer Affairs office is 404-656-3790, and their address is:

Governers Office of Consumer Affairs
2 Martin Luther King Drive, SE
Suite 356
Atlanta, GA 30334

If you get a chance, contact them and file a complaint. It just might do something.

dindae
10-21-2005, 07:30 PM
songwrtr, I lost your information when my computer had to be formated. I need it by tomorrow morning. Anyone else can send theirs as well to dindae@comcast.net and I will see what I can do. :whip: :thumbsup:

jedi-cpa
10-22-2005, 08:54 PM
Very nice, that is the route I am going to take. I have been side tracked lately with work, but I will be writing a certified letter tomorrow, send it ans copy the consume afairs office.

dindae
10-24-2005, 09:46 PM
Well I went. Unfortunately I wasn't as sucessful phillinley. Apparently Kebco that we knew filed bankruptcy on 9/1/5. Scott bought the company and is running the ebay store and storefront. He seemed to feel bad about how I was treated. First he offered me store credit but I told him that I was looking for cash since I had everything (I had looked around before talking to him). He then rifled through all the places he keep cash and came up with $100. Knowing I really didn't have a leg to stand on I accepted. I tried to be sympathetic since if things got heating it could easily turn ugly and I could walk out with nothing. He stated there were about 50 people in my shoes that were owed about the same as me $236. I know some of you are owed more than that. The website will be going down soon but he doesn't have access to the domain. He mentioned before I left that if he got in a place where he could he would like to pay everyone back but I'm not holding my breath for the rest of my money. So it took me $50 in gas to drive and get $100. Thankfully I combined this with a trip to see my mother. I really don't think I could have gotten much more. Maybe I could have gotten the rest in store credit. But the pickings were slim and over priced. The POTC Celebration Padme was $14. So I would have just walked out with a bunch of crap I didn't need that I might have been able to sell for $20-30. I may try to call my credit card company to see what they can do. Technically only a small portion of that is in the $236 but some is better than none. I took a picture of the store front and I'll post it when I get a chance.

songwrtr
10-24-2005, 11:33 PM
Thanks for that info, dindae. Unfortunately, I think this is how all of us expected this to play out. A public records search does confirm that Ken filed for bankruptcy. I wasn't able to find any indication that KEBco had filed, but that's probably a timing issue (the place I searched may not have the most up-to-date info and seemed to draw from different sources for businesses vs. individuals).

It's really a shame. With all the toys that were released in support of ROTS, 2005 could have been a really spectacular year for them. Instead, they'll go down as shoddy businessmen, liars, and thieves. I think that it's worth keeping this thread active to prevent as many people as possible from being taken by them in any of their future endeavors.

dindae
10-25-2005, 08:16 AM
Well Kebco at the time was Ken. It apparently wasn't incorporated until now.

NRPeace
10-26-2005, 12:54 PM
I did some footwork today and called the bankrupcy court of Georgia, Northern Division (404-730-2866), and got some basic information about the case:

Kenneth Edward Barnett (last 4 digits of SSN are ####) filed for Chapter 7 bankrupcy on 10/15/05 and reported no assets. His lawyer is H. Brooks Cotton at #########. The case number is 0514274, and the judge is The Honorable W. Homer Drake. The first meeting of creditors is on 12/6/05, and the last day to file a claim is 4/13/06.

I don't know what all of this means, or what we need to do to file a claim, but I will post again when I know more. Anyone who is owed money will most likely need the records that used to be posted on the website to prove the amount of money owed. Right now, I don't know how we can do that, but if I come up with a way, I'll post it here. Any of this information can be verified by calling the bankrupcy court and searching by case number or name of participant.

songwrtr
10-26-2005, 03:42 PM
Thanks for that info, NRPeace. Fortunately, I printed out my info from the site after my last shipment. Hopefully there will be a way for others to get that information if they don't already have it. I'll be looking forward to whatever you learn about filing claims.

Jedi Drew
10-26-2005, 05:26 PM
This should prove to be very interesting to see what (if anything) we can get out of this scum bag.....:mad: :mad: Thanks for the up dates.

jedi-cpa
10-26-2005, 08:27 PM
We've all been OWNED!

SCUMBAG SOBs

LIARS!!!!

"Kebco isn't going out of business" MY ---

ERRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

AGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

jedi-cpa
10-26-2005, 08:33 PM
CRIMINAL!!!

OK, they took the deposit..OK, and then they couldn't make it happen, OK. BUT I WAS CHARGED FOR FIGURES THEY ALLEGEDLY HAD READY TO SHIP!!!

That is the criminal part!!!

SCUM BAG!!!!!

Yeah you KEN and SCOTT...SCUM BAGS!!!!

jedi-cpa
10-28-2005, 10:44 AM
SCUMBAGS!!!

You know, by saying that Scott bought the business from Ken...and then Ken files bankrupcy and says there are no "assets" sounds like illegal conveyance to me!!!

Business law was a long time ago, but you messed with the wrong cpa/mba.

You can't purge assets, give them to a relative and then say..."sorry, I can't pay back all the people I took $$ from."

Alledgedly per info on this thread there is approx 50 bag holders at 250 a piece.

I think that is low, but OK. That's still $12,500. How does this guy live with himself? Using our $ to buy merchandise he, through a related party, is selling on eBay and via a store front.

This is criminal!

JEDIpartner
10-28-2005, 01:41 PM
OK, they took the deposit..OK, and then they couldn't make it happen, OK. BUT I WAS CHARGED FOR FIGURES THEY ALLEGEDLY HAD READY TO SHIP!!!

...and the thing is, they didn't actually have them to ship. They did that to me last winter, which is why I bailed. They charged me for the full amount at the beginning of December and then I get an e-mail from them stating they don't ahve 80% of those figures... yet, they had all of my money. I told them I wanted a refund and that was that. I feel bad for you guys... :sleeping:

jedi-cpa
11-02-2005, 12:17 PM
1-877-my kebco has been disconnected.

They could have stayed in business a little longer if they had disconnected that number a year ago, they never answered it anyway.

SCUMBAG PIECES OF GARBAGE!!

timmae
11-02-2005, 08:25 PM
glad i didn't take the bait. as usuall, if it sounds too good, it can't be true. me and my buddy were going to sign up a couple years back. good luck guys, thanks sirsteve for the trading section.

JEDIpartner
11-03-2005, 08:15 AM
Wow...!!!!

Now that's harsh.

jedi-cpa
11-07-2005, 09:59 PM
THEY ARE AUCTIONING EPISODE III PRODUCT!!!!! The PRODUCT WE WERE NEVER SHIPPED!!!!!

NOW this is disgusting!!!

stillakid
11-07-2005, 11:48 PM
THEY ARE AUCTIONING EPISODE III PRODUCT!!!!! The PRODUCT WE WERE NEVER SHIPPED!!!!!

NOW this is disgusting!!!

Is this grounds for Fraud charges?

dindae
11-08-2005, 09:14 AM
Is this grounds for Fraud charges?

I doubt it. I didn't see any recent figures when I was down there. So if under the new company he gets in new product he can sell it to whomever he wants. The current Kebco owes you nothing. Even if he had bought product from Ken that should have been shipped to you, Scott is not to blame legally. He would just be buying product for his new company and not responsible to ship it to Ken's customers. If I was Scott I would have used another name since Ken pretty much ruined the Kebco name to me.

jedi-cpa
11-08-2005, 10:07 AM
This company is what bankrupcy courts often find as "successor companies". Companies which tried to rear end their current creditors while continuing in a similar form with the same assets and management (or related management). There is a VERY GOOD possibility that this "new KEBCO" could be found to be a successor and thus liable to the creditors.

Either way you slice the legalities, they are the slimiest people I have EVER done business with.

2-1B
11-08-2005, 10:10 AM
Someone should set up a dummy eBay account, win a bunch of the auctions, then stick him with the final value / listing fees.

NRPeace
11-09-2005, 11:36 AM
To file a claim against the old Kebco, follow this link and download form B 10, the proof of claim form:

http://www.ganb.uscourts.gov/

Then just send it in. The bad news is that all of us are unsloicited creditors, which means we don't have a good chance of seeing any repayment, but it's worth a shot.

Voros
11-14-2005, 10:10 PM
I had $600.00 worth of pre orders and I got nothing. Had 300.00 worth of the clone trooper 4 packs and these guys cant even give me a call and tell me they are out of business. They must be very smart men if they go out of business with pre-payments...

TheBigSloppy
11-15-2005, 10:05 AM
Well. I can't say that the bankruptcy news comes as any surprise. Seems that Ken wanted to file before the new bankruptcy law took effect. Nice. Good for you, Ken. Way to cover your arse ...

On a side note: What I find most curious about the Aug. 29 filing for incorporation (at least that is what I infer from the public records) is that the Registered Agent is Scott Barnette, his son. HOWEVER, the address of incorporation is Ken's home address. Which leads me to some questions:
1. Do they plan to close their brick and mortar store?
2. Will he (Ken?) operate under the Kebco name solely through their eBay storefront?
3. How does Dindae know so much about Kebco?

Fill in expletive laiden rant here ...

dindae
11-15-2005, 12:36 PM
3. How does Dindae know so much about Kebco?

Easy, I got off my @$$ and drove 4 hours to get my money back. While I was there I got as much information as I could so that I could share it with those that would appreciate it. Maybe you don't.

SirSteve
11-17-2005, 11:21 AM
I don't want to close this thread but the next time someone posts any personal information regarding his family, social security number, where he lives, etc., the thread will be closed, removed and the user will be banned. I understand a lot of you are upset (and rightfully so) but that kind of personal information is not needed. I am not going to debate it so take this as a last warning.

marlymarsh
11-17-2005, 04:31 PM
Steve - give us a few day's warning will ya if you close this? There is too much valueable info. to recouop here. Better yet, maybe I need to get my butt in gear and take some notes.
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS GATHERED VALUABLE INFO!

jedi-cpa
12-11-2005, 07:36 PM
Anyone? Huh?

songwrtr
12-22-2005, 02:28 PM
Anyone? Huh?
Not a thing. At this point, I'm just waiting for the website to finally vanish just like all my $ did. I'll file papers for that bankruptcy proceeding, but I'm not expecting to see anything out of it.

songwrtr
03-29-2006, 08:16 AM
Just a reminder that the deadline for filing a claim in KEBco's/Ken's bankruptcy proceeding is April 13 (according to info previously posted here) -- about 2 weeks away. If you've been procrastinating, the window is about to close. It may not get you anything at all of what you're owed, but it's probably your best shot. Details on where to get the forms, how to file, and what case # (etc.) to reference are all posted back a page or two in this thread (form link is on page 54, the rest of the info is before that).

Nope, I've got nothing new to report, but this thread had been dormant for long enough that I didn't want people to forget . . .

See you all over at the new site in a couple of weeks.

mrshiny
05-19-2006, 02:59 PM
Any updates? I am so glad I used American Express - they really make the vendor prove you owe, instead of putting the burden on the consumer.

I can't believe the web site is still up! Here's the public info from WHOIS:

Registrant: KEBco Comic & Toy Emporium 139 Christopher Place Riverdale, GA 30274 US Domain Name: KEBCOTOYS.COM Administrative Contact : Barnette, Kenneth kebcoinc@AOL.COM 139 Christopher Place Riverdale, GA 30274 US Phone: 770 4716970 Technical Contact : NetNation Communications (Canada) Inc., wheretosportfish@hotmail.com Suite 1410 Harbour Center Vancouver, BC V6B 4N6 CA Phone: (604) 688-8946 Fax: - - - - - - - - - (604) 6 Record expires on 29-Jun-2008 Record created on 29-Jun-1999 Database last updated on 08-Jul-2004 Domain servers in listed order:Manage DNS (http://www.networksolutions.com/manage-it/index.jsp) NS1.NETNATION.COM (http://registrar.verisign-grs.com/cgi-bin/whois?type=nameserver&whois_nic=NS1.NETNATION.COM) 204.174.223.1 (http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/arin-details.jsp?whoistoken=2) NS2.NETNATION.COM (http://registrar.verisign-grs.com/cgi-bin/whois?type=nameserver&whois_nic=NS2.NETNATION.COM) 204.174.223.31 (http://www.networksolutions.com/whois/arin-details.jsp?whoistoken=3)

JEDIpartner
05-21-2006, 10:04 AM
Anyone have anything to report?

stillakid
05-21-2006, 10:07 AM
I gave up a long time ago. The money I lost isn't worth the time it would take to pursue it. If the guy was living the dream in the Bahamas, then there would be an issue, but I get the impression that he lost his shirt and more. No point in trying to get water out of a stone.

Sith Lord 0498
05-21-2006, 04:28 PM
I gave up a long time ago. The money I lost isn't worth the time it would take to pursue it. If the guy was living the dream in the Bahamas, then there would be an issue, but I get the impression that he lost his shirt and more. No point in trying to get water out of a stone.

At the risk of sounding harsh, I can't help but think good for him. Even if his financial problems started before all this happened, he still didn't try to do the right and honorable thing for his customers, so I have absolutely ZERO pity for this wingnut.

jedi-cpa
05-22-2006, 10:35 PM
goods we all bought and paid for.

Blue2th
05-23-2006, 07:48 AM
I'm glad he went out of business. He stole my money too. I hope he gets in trouble with the IRS for still selling on eBay. I hope they are watching him.

dindae
05-23-2006, 08:11 AM
No one will get in trouble because there are too many loop holes in the law. Ken was the one that filed bankruptcy he sold his stock to Scott who started Kebco Inc. who does all of the ebay stuff. Why would he keep the same name? I don't know seems dumb to me but then the business methods at that store never made sense to me.

Banthaholic
05-25-2006, 07:31 PM
I'm glad to see Kebco not doing so well. I feel bad for all those that lost money to them. I once tried dealing with them and had horrible customer service and managed to cancel my order before the waiting game began.

I always liked when they came on the boards defending themselves, always a good laugh.

Blue2th
05-25-2006, 07:50 PM
I'm glad to see Kebco not doing so well.

I always liked when they came on the boards defending themselves, always a good laugh.
Kebco on these boards? Where's that? I'd like to read it.

dindae
05-25-2006, 09:05 PM
Kebco on these boards? Where's that? I'd like to read it.

Here you go. Enjoy.

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/search.php?searchid=143443

darktater
05-26-2006, 08:37 AM
kebco.....
Lets all give them a round of cheer

Ya, Ya, Ya, Yaaaaaa

opps, slipped into a Beatles tune.

tagmac
05-30-2006, 06:06 PM
I think a Bronx cheer would be more appropriate!

Sorry to hear of those who never got their money refunded by these crooks.
I lost some money off these guys when I cancelled a few pre-orders when the saga figures started showing up in stores, but Kebco was grossly delayed in shipping them. Luckily I received the remaining figures from that order. Course, then they asked me for some positive feedback on the boards after I had joined others in voicing my concerns over those figures taking 6 months too long to ship.

I managed to get all my other pre-orders over the remaining few months cancelled for full refunds before the problems started for the rest of you - and thank goodness, if I'd have waited any longer, I'd have missed all 5 figures from the Pablo Jill wave. Ditto for the first 12 VOTC figures. I got suspicious when they were only able to partially fill orders and made up excuses for not being able to ship figs that were beginning to pegwarm in stores.

I have no sympathy for that company, and as the old saying goes, what goes around comes around. i just hope they didn't manage to sucker in a few non-SW customers who may not have known about the problems we've discussed here.

jedi-cpa
06-09-2006, 04:25 AM
The automated system said the bankrupcy filing was dismissed.

Does that mean the bankrupcy never went through...thus he still owes us?

I'm going to do more digging. Call his attorney (listed on the automated Newnan georgia bankpcy line) and ask a few questions.

Vortex
06-09-2006, 09:28 AM
Strange...just like that order list under construction tripe on his website.

TheBigSloppy
06-14-2006, 01:59 AM
After countless months of having pushed Kebco as far away from my cerebral cortex as possible, the cancer has resurfaced. I was curious to read the latest developments - which seems to be none - so I came poking around these parts of the woods. As expected, nothing surprising.

What is surprising - to me - is that Kebco was approved for an SBA (Small Business) loan to the tune of $75,000 in 2005. Ya'll can search on the world's most popular search engine (link on page three or four). Do a search for "Kebco Toys"

I wonder . . .

1.) Did they close on the loan?
2.) If so, what became of the loot?
3.) If they accepted the government loan, could this have been a factor in the supposed bankruptcy dismissal?
4.) Did they use this money to refund customers?
5.) Or did they use this money to expand their brick and mortar storefront?
6.) Or did Ken simply cash the check in small denominations and rolled coins, and then bathe himself in a vinyl tub of riches?

Kebco. A fascinating story. Too bad many of you and I were passengers on this train wreck. I am glad that now I can reflect with a sense of humor and a level head about the bloody fiasco. The money's gone, and the company is dead (to me) as well.

A happy ending indeed.

And that is all I have to say about that.

Vortex
06-14-2006, 10:56 AM
That just makes me sick.

1st he charges half up front for stuff, runs an ebay store and another store, and you can't get the s.o.b. to respond to anything and he takes out a large loan.

I don't ever expect to see the money back but when this stuff happens it shows we have something of a flawed system for the net and it really is buyer beware when dealing with internet companies.

jedi-cpa
07-07-2006, 04:38 PM
Any updates out there?

jedi-cpa
12-04-2006, 09:23 PM
Kebco keeping your money, they are still auctioning and they actually answered an e-mail the other day. Denying any affiliation, except the logo the graphics the name and the merchandise of course.

Don't let them forget.

on ebay kebcotoys is the ID, write them and remind them they owe you money.

mrshiny
12-05-2006, 11:39 AM
makes me love my American Express card all the more! They are actually on your side in vendor disputes!

Darth Instigator
12-13-2006, 03:31 PM
I wish I read this before ordering from them on Ebay. This is the slowest crappiest company I have ever dealt with. Auction ended on November 9th, I am still waiting for the item. Since it is a Christmas gift I hope it gets here before then, Never again with them and I suggest others stay far away!

mrshiny
12-13-2006, 04:57 PM
My advice - do not wait until the last minute to initiate a complaint on eBay! It is very sad these guys are still ripping people off.

I wish I read this before ordering from them on Ebay. This is the slowest crappiest company I have ever dealt with. Auction ended on November 9th, I am still waiting for the item. Since it is a Christmas gift I hope it gets here before then, Never again with them and I suggest others stay far away!

Darth Instigator
12-13-2006, 08:48 PM
I didn't and here is the response I got;

This message was sent after the listing closed.
kebcotoys is the seller.
-------------------------------------------------------
If you can read you will see well over 13,000 positive feedbacks left from very satisfied customers. You make the same mistake others make, the KEBco Toys Inc Ebay store is not affiliated with the KEBco Comics and Toys website. So buying a figure just so you can complain to PayPal or Ebay will not do you any good. It will just waste your time. Your package has shipped just like 1000's of others. I am not the Post Office, ask them why the tracking link does not work for you. That is their link, not mine.

Mind you the link he gave me says it was shipped on the 6th, still a month after I paid for it.

dindae
12-14-2006, 09:13 AM
Technically they are different companies. Not affiliated well only if you count Scott starting the Ebay side buying all of Ken's old stock, using the same building, and Scott being a former employee as being unaffiliated. However one thing he said is true, complaining will just waste your time.

tagmac
01-16-2007, 09:20 AM
Has anyone checked out their e-bay auctions recently? I did today for a laugh, and boy did I ever get one. Take a look at their feedback. That's the most negatives I've ever seen, and a large number of the positives look very fishy to me. There's about 4-5 buyers on there with 20-30 straight positives that are exactly the same. These same peeps seem to reappear every couple of pages with 20-30 more straight positives. For a company known to have problems, I find it very strange that anyone would buy that many items like that. What do you guys think?

Darth Instigator
01-20-2007, 10:14 PM
I ended up getting my item but like I said a month later, just for $hits and giggles I made the paypal thing take a month before I remembered to say I got it.