PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with Kebco

Pages : [1] 2 3

jedimarvin
11-04-2004, 08:55 AM
Has anyone esle been having trouble with Kebco lately. They've never been exactly speedy but this is crazy. I put in for a preorder of the first four VOTC figures the day they were first made available, back in January or February (thinking they would be hard to come by in retail....ha!) Anyway, I still havne't recieved them! Several months ago thier status changed from in prcess to backorder, which I had trouble believing considering the big three toy retailers have had these figures in mass quantaties since they were released. I e-mailed them several times asking for an update and no response. Finally I e-mailed them two weeks agi and asked to cancel the backordered orders and refund my money, which the website states they will do. Still no response though. This is deffinatly the last time I order from them and I'd caution anyone else. If you cant handle the volume of preorders for an extremely common item then don't offer them or at least return e-mails. Anybody else having this problem with them??

JEDIpartner
11-04-2004, 10:28 AM
I was told that, because of the delay in receiving complete orders from Hasblah due to particular casepacks, orders were placed on back-order to accomodate the free shipping deal they are extending to make up for the untimeliness of order filling. They don't want to eat the shipping charges over and over, so they are waiting until the full orders are in and THEN shipping them. Take what you will from that. Ken was very nice in explaining that to me.

lucidebass
11-04-2004, 11:37 AM
Jedimarvin, I just did the same thing about 2 weeks ago and have not heard anything back from them either. I'm going to try and call them to see if I can get something to happen. I preordered back in april thinking the same thing (there's no way I'm gonna find these VOTC retail! DOH...I was wrong.) All I want to do at this point is cancel my order and get my refund. Let me know how it goes for you.

evenflow
11-05-2004, 10:11 AM
i got so sick and tired of them, they were impossible to contact, stuff always came late, and that is if you ever got anything you ordered. I canceled all the orders i had and got it all refunded.

jjreason
11-06-2004, 06:30 PM
I've just fired off an email to KEBco requesting an update on my VOTC order. My R2, Boba and Chewie have been "in process" for months on end.... I thought that status was only supposed to be up for a few days? Leia and 3PO have been denoted as "Back Order" items now as well. I'm hoping they can let me know sooner rather than later whether or not they'll be able to fill my order, I think it would be easier to try and get help getting these figures sooner rather than later if they're not going to be able to get them to me. With any luck I'll get a quick reply.

evenflow
11-07-2004, 08:48 AM
Well thats what happened to me all my stuff had been pending for months. I got so sick and tired of waiting and then all of a sudden stuff goes on backorder. I missed out on stuff I should have had becuase I saw it in stores but didnt buy it becuase it was on order at Kebco. I still need the Lando General, Madine, and Han AT-ST which I missed out on because of them.

tagmac
11-07-2004, 08:44 PM
Lando, Han, and Madine are showing up again now in the OTC packaging, so you should be able to get them eventually. Although reading this does scare me a little. I don't wanna complain since the same problem happened last summer, where figure shipments were delayed, and weren't shipped until weeks after they finally showed up in stores. What bothers me is that the VOTC figs are supposed to be limited, and since seeing a 3-PO in KB a few weeks ago, I've found all 12 at retail (after figuring they'd be next to impossible to find). I even found the entire set of the the Jedi figures once, and left the best of them all, Chewbacc, on the shelf because I have it on pre-order and didn't wanna risk wasting money. I don't mind waiting a while if I'm gonna get all 12 figures in eventually (which I pre-ordered months ago when they first became available), but hearing how some of you ended up not getting everything ordered is a little bothersome. Hopefully this won't be an issue in the long run.

evenflow
11-09-2004, 10:47 AM
Lando, Han, and Madine are showing up again now in the OTC packaging, so you should be able to get them eventually.

Yeah thats not the point though, i ordered them on the Saga cards and saw them in stores on SAGA cards but didnt buy them becuase of the pre-order. Now I have to get them on the OTC cards because I am not dishing out the cash for SAGA cards.

kool-aid killer
11-09-2004, 02:31 PM
This is unrelated to the topic of Star Wars toys but it involves Kebco. I was browsing their site looking for a figure that is sold out on other websites but they have it and im considering ordering from them but reading through this thread raises my eyebrows. Supposedly the figure is "in stock" but has anybody had trouble such as shipping delays when ordering a figure in the same status? I really want the figure, just not any of the headaches some of you seem to have experienced from Kebco.

jjreason
11-09-2004, 03:07 PM
"In stock" items won't be delayed in my experience. I've had stuff ordered and in the door in less than a month (and I'm up in Canada) as long as they already have it in the warehouse. Usually I order extra stuff from time to time, and get them to put it on hold for me until I can have one big box shipped (to save on shipping), but when I've asked for in stock stuff to be shipped it happens right quick in my experience.

By the way, they've got DC Direct figures from the Kingdom Come, Dark Knight Returns, Hush and First Appearances lines on blow out right now, right around that $10 per figure mark, in case any of you guys like DC Comics. I don't think you'll find a better deal on these anywhere, and many stores sold out of them many moons ago.

jjreason
11-17-2004, 12:30 PM
Could someone post the regular phone number for KEBco in here please? I can't reach them through the toll-free number as I'm in Canada and I can't find their regular contact number on the site anywhere. I need to speak with them re the VOTC Chewie, R2 and Boba Fett figures which are still "in process". I found some at retail and need to know whether or not they'll be able to fill my order. Thanks for any help.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-17-2004, 01:01 PM
JJR- i don't think they have a regular number anymore as i have trouble getting a hold of them too. However, i would recommend you start looking for alternative sources as they told me that the VOTC were nearly done shipping and i hadn't gotten any of them. I've actually cancelled about 20 figures from them over the last two months as i've found them on walmart.com and at stores. My patience is quickly dwindling with KEBco. Granted, it's not their fault, but i'm seriously thinking about going elsewhere for my Episode III figures as there are still like 6 OTC figures i have yet to get from KEbco or stores. wait, here we go: i have an invoice from July and the number they have listed is: 678-423-3359. See if that works. Cheers! :D

evenflow
11-17-2004, 01:22 PM
JJR- i don't think they have a regular number anymore as i have trouble getting a hold of them too. However, i would recommend you start looking for alternative sources as they told me that the VOTC were nearly done shipping and i hadn't gotten any of them. I've actually cancelled about 20 figures from them over the last two months as i've found them on walmart.com and at stores. My patience is quickly dwindling with KEBco. Granted, it's not their fault, but i'm seriously thinking about going elsewhere for my Episode III figures as there are still like 6 OTC figures i have yet to get from KEbco or stores. wait, here we go: i have an invoice from July and the number they have listed is: 678-423-3359. See if that works. Cheers! :D

i am glad i am not the only one who is fed up

El Chuxter
11-17-2004, 01:40 PM
A buddy of mine (who doesn't post here) and I split two cases of ANH VOTC figures waaaaaay back in May. I was going to take one set, he was going to keep two, and we were going to trade the extras. They were a bit over retail, but still reasonably priced, and we were especially worried about rumors of the star-cases being unsealed and easily damaged in stores.

Fast forward to September. We've been passing on these things at retail for a few months. The order is still listed as "In Process," and 1/2 the total was charged to his card initially, which is nonrefundable. Since it's been so incredibly long since the order was placed and since they started hitting shelves, he tries to contact them via e-mail. About ten times. He never receives any response whatsoever, so we agree that we'll get them in the store and dispute the charge with his credit card. After all, they charged upfront for services never delivered and aren't responded to any inquiries. So we take advantage of the sale at K-Mart and pick them up.

About a week later -- coincidentally, shortly after the credit card company would've contacted KebCo regarding their investigation of the disputed charge -- he receives an e-mail that his order has shipped. So he contacts the credit card company to tell them that they finally responded to him and to cancel the investigation. One case arrives the day before we'd planned to meet up anyway, so we decide I'll take one set from that case and return the set I'd bought, and he'll return the ones he bought and take his second set from the case that's still in transit.

That second case still has not arrived, though upon closer inspection of the invoice, it shows that both cases were shipped in one package, which wasn't the case.

He's currently trying to get an answer from KebCo regarding this missing package. Unfortunately, since the same order was previously disputed, I'm not sure there's any chance of getting the credit card to refund the charge for the MIA case. So it's very likely that he's out $75 for a case that never even shipped!

This was the first time either of us had dealt with KebCo, but I'm 150% sure it will be the last. Aside from being bad business to not ship orders in a timely fashion (wit the markup on the figures, they could've gone to Wal-Mart and bought them and still made their profit!), the lack of communication that we experienced and which seems to be the norm is inexusable. I can honestly say that if Hasbro decided to make a Teek figure and it was a KebCo exclusive, I'd have to pass on it. :mad:

jjreason
11-18-2004, 01:43 PM
.....wait, here we go: i have an invoice from July and the number they have listed is: 678-423-3359. See if that works....

Well it didn't, JMG. Unfortunately it just rang and rang and rang, with no answer and no chance to leave a message. I guess my hands are tied, I'll have to sit here and way for an email reply (which I still haven't received yet from my email sent a couple of weeks ago, so I've sent a chaser requesting an update).

Tick tock.............. :(

dindae
11-18-2004, 06:25 PM
Well I'm a persistent little bastage so I actually got Ken on the phone twice. He says that the problem is they aren't getting the product from Hasbro and they are blowing him off. Two weeks ago he told me that they had a big shipment coming last week. Today he told me that it should be next week. If I don't see any activity next week I am going to cancel all orders. As a side note they do have Leia, Han, and Ben VOTC but since they were told they had all four of the first wave coming in they billed all four. Instead of shipping the first three figures they are holding them so they don't cause a big billing mess. While I could understand that for a couple of weeks it has been months so except for the fact that they would have to eat shipping on a few orders (most of us have other orders to ship luke with) I don't understand why they are holding back. My biggest question is if they have a store that just sells figures and they can't get enough figures to fill the preorders what is in that store. Either it is the saddest store ever or it has figures I'm waiting on.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-18-2004, 07:01 PM
while we're on teh subject, does anybody know of any other good online stores i could order from in case i get fed up with kebco? I mean, i remember during the early Saga times, like weeks after Ep II was out, i got figures SO SO EARLY and even up till the OTC i was ahead of retail. I think Hasbro just isn't shipping enough when they finally do ship. Maybe i got kicked down the line on the "one of every figure club" or something, but i haven't gotten any SW stuff from in months. they pretty much have till the end of the year to change my mind or i'm gone.

dindae
11-19-2004, 09:38 AM
The only one I haven't had a problem with is EE. OMCNFO is good to but I don't think they sell cases.

Kidhuman
11-19-2004, 10:28 AM
OMG.com does not sell cases, but that could be good. You dont get doubles of the figures that you have oit find out what toi do with and such. The only thing is they sell out to quickly.

jjreason
11-21-2004, 06:42 PM
Well I've still not heard from Ken or Scott, and have fired off another email to the link from my orders page. That makes a total of 4 messages and numerous attempts at contacting them by phone with no response. Pretty frustrating. I think I'll PM them here to see if they get the message that way.

kool-aid killer
11-24-2004, 11:53 AM
I havent ordered what i wanted from Kebco due to the content of this thread. It seems like they have very poor customer service skills if they have yet to respond to any of your emails. Hope your PM attempt gets you the response you as a customer deserve.

dindae
11-29-2004, 03:19 PM
I just got a reply to my email today. While I have talked to them twice since the question of "What is going on with my orders?" is always a good question to update. So here is their reply.

To: "Andrew Nowicki" <dindae@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: Pending orders
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 20:03:03 +0000

Hi Andrew,

We will be shipping more OTC Vintage figures this week. You will be getting
more soon.

As far as OTC basic and Galactic Heroes, we have more on the way, but it's
going to be a few weeks.

We have had a difficult time receiving enough product on the OTC lines.

KEBco Toys
Scott Barnette - Business Manager
www.kebcotoys.com 1-877-My-KEBco

jjreason
11-29-2004, 05:17 PM
Well that's some news, though nothing really specific. I received a reply (from Ken) to my PM on this site, but still haven't had a reply to any of the email requests for info, any update on the status of my ROJ VOTC order, or (maybe most importantly) any refund for the VOTC Leia I cancelled at least 2 weeks ago. I really hope that Scott will reply soon with some information for me.

jjreason
12-01-2004, 02:27 AM
Another message sent off to Ken and Scott today asking for a refund on any deposits and for all my on hold figures to be shipped. I've managed to find all the VOTC figures I need on my own at retail. Still no reply to any of the emails I've sent other than the PM from Ken letting me know they're busy and that I will get a reply to my queries soon.

dindae
12-01-2004, 08:17 AM
I would bet good money the figures that are shipping this week will go out to you regardless of your email.

dindae
12-02-2004, 11:24 PM
jjreason I followed your lead and cancelled. I saw the whole POTC wave at Wal-Mart and decided I wanted it now instead of April. I sent them an email to cancel everything from that wave on. I may cancel more later after I get what they are sending now.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-03-2004, 12:24 AM
Yeah, i called and cancelled about 12 more figures today. the only things i have left on my account are the IG-88 Unleashed wave and the Snowtrooper and Jawas (OTC). I asked Scott WTF was going on and he said he wouldn't know what they were going to get for another two months. This is ridiculous. I think some good folks are helping me pick up the Jawas and maybe snowtrooper and i got the POTC figures 6-8 and the Sandtrooper from the BBTS(stopped there as the rest of the line are just repacks from the OTC, stupid hasbro) and i even got an imperial trooper from them too. I think i'll start looking around for new folks for my Episode III figure needs.

What i don't get is how slow everything is. I ordered nearly 400 bucks of LOTR stuff from BBTS early last year and within a day or so of announcing the figures are in, i'm charged for it and am sent a tracking number for my shipment. Within a week, i get my figures with NO HASSLE. I've gotten all my LOTR figures WEEKS before seeing them at retail, but with Hasbleh and Kebco, i actually get worried that i won't get a figure as i passed it up when seeing it and KEBco has no idea when they're getting them in. I loved KEBco when they I first got with them, but maybe they just got too big, too fast? It sucks because when they're in their groove, i get top notch service. shame, really. :(

dindae
12-03-2004, 09:43 AM
OH MY GOD!! :eek: So I look this morning and every figure that I cancelled is now pending including Myo and Dannik. I'm not sure why they didn't Feltipern Trevagg. But now I am thinking of cancelling the rest of the figures so I can get those too. I'm glad I kept my receipt so I can return figures at Wally world. I'm sure it will be a lot easier to get a credit there.

jjreason
12-04-2004, 11:04 AM
Well that makes me think that they've received all they're going to for OTC and VOTC if they've started getting and shipping the new stuff. I still haven't heard anything yet, and the status of my ordered figures did not change this week. I'm going to try and call their non-toll-free line to speak with Scott as I'm not getting any answers to my e-inquiries. :frus:

EDITED: no answer at their direct line today (Saturday). Another email sent outlining specifically what I want cancelled and refunded today complete with Invoice numbers.

jjreason
12-07-2004, 09:25 PM
Well today I did get an email reply from Scott. He has refunded my deposits to my card, and has promised to get my "on hold" figures in the mail soon. Good news, but I did have to wait quite a while to get it.

Once again, I'm happy (enough) with the final result, but it takes an ever increasing amount of patience to be happy dealing with Kebco. I think I'll be sticking to In Stock items from here on in.

JEDIpartner
12-10-2004, 07:59 AM
I got the rest of my VOTCs (except Lando) two days ago.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-19-2005, 02:41 PM
well, they jsut charged me for the first batch of EP3 figures and a vehicle...still waiting on a refund from November though. These guys are treadin' on thin Fin' ice. everytime i call them, it rings, beeps and then nothing.

So, where else do you folks go online for your SW toys? i'm very open to suggestions. :mad: :mad:

dindae
01-19-2005, 03:09 PM
Yeah I hear you. Even though I sent two emails telling them not to charge me for anything again I got charged for preview and e3 figs. So now I have $120 worth of NSF fees at my bank.

Trip J
01-27-2005, 12:55 PM
I used to be a huge fan of KebCo. But I've grown increasingly frustrated.

I'm not a club member (not a completist anymore), but I have always placed large preorders with them. I've been with them for almost three years, and I've been loyal.

But lately, their service has been, well, disappointing. They do not return e-mails, they don't answer telephone calls, and I've got preorders on VOTC stuff that I placed last MARCH and paid 50% down on that I haven't received.

I'm done with them. I just want a refund. But I doubt they'll respond to the e-mail I sent.

Frustrating.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-27-2005, 01:16 PM
I'm growing more and more irritated by the hour. They charged me another 40 this week and i'm assuming its for the 4 sneak preview figures and the preview vehicle, and that's fine, but i want my $$ back on 2 of the OTC figures i've been trying to cancel since NOVEMBER. This is ridiculous. I thought they moved so they could have more help and more space, but the service has gone right down the crapper. :mad:

I've whipped up an e-mail i'm going to send them about 2-3 times a day until the matter is taken care. Here is the content:

Dear Kebco- This is getting ridiculous. I have been consistently calling and e-mailing your business since early November and have yet to get anything done. I've been trying to cancel two of the OTC figures that at the time were still in limbo, the Jawas and the Snowtrooper. The status moved to "pending" in early December and has sat there ever since. I want to be refunded for these figures IMMEDIATELY.

Also, i want to take this time to make a major complaint about your service over the last few months: it has been quite horrendous and pitiful. Everytime I try to call, the phone simply rings and rings or it beeps twice and i get disconnected. I have also sent countless e-mails to which i have received no reply. I suggest you folks get your act together or I will take my business elsewhere. also, i can promise i am one of many who are very unhappy with the service.

Thank you

Let's see if they get their thumbs out of their keisters and get some work done.

dindae
01-27-2005, 01:28 PM
I got a reponse from them. I believe from an email I sent on the 6th since it didn't mention the NSF charges after that. They did give me my credit from the preview stuff. I have since asked them to cancel everything that hasn't been shipped. I want most of it but since it was supposed to ship a couple of weeks ago I assume it will go to back order. I would much rather bite the bullet and buy stuff on ebay and be done with it.

jedi-cpa
01-28-2005, 04:00 PM
Again, convience is the key BUT I will say the last shipment I got was not the "case fresh" stuff I am used to. I'm a club member. One of my last shipment was dinged pretty good and another clearly had a price tag on it once upon a time. Also, I have always instructed them to hold till I get a certain number of figs before shipping, to cut down on my price per figure for shipping. They shipped less than my threashold this time. But I will give them the benefit of the doubt and see what the next shipment brings.

If it isn't to my specifications, I will write them...see if I get a reply.

But all in all, it's still beetter than going to wallys and tru to be disappointed with nothing most of the time.

evenflow
01-28-2005, 08:28 PM
I just found it so difficult to deal with them, that it wasn't worth it. I missed out on so much stuff and then had to back track. Just not worth it, and they hardly ever got back to my e-mails.

jedi-cpa
01-28-2005, 08:39 PM
Evenflow...what did you miss out on? Were a member of one of every figure? If so how did you miss out? Just curious.

kool-aid killer
02-01-2005, 02:29 PM
So have any of our affected members been contacted by Kebco or gotten their money refunded? I swear i seen another member logged on yesterday with the screen name of Kebco, so i assumed it was/is someone affilitated with the site. Heres hoping if they are they noticed this thread.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-01-2005, 02:43 PM
I have been sending them 3 e-mails a day, right to Scott, and calling them around the clock and haven't heard crap. I got charged another 77 today, so i'm curious to know what's going on. This is really Peevin' me off. :mad: :mad: :mad:

kool-aid killer
02-01-2005, 02:47 PM
Youd think after all that hounding hed try to salvage whatever amount of respect youve got for his business. Three emails a day? Thats a crazy amount to ignore. Im definitely not doing any business with Kebco now.

dindae
02-01-2005, 04:00 PM
Kebco is their login. The day I got a response I sent email through this site, sent a PM through this site, an email through their page, and an email through their ebay account. Jedi_Master_Guyute I would suggest getting a new card from your bank. They can still credit that way but they can't charge you again. It seems a bit extreme but so is waiting 3 weeks to answer an email from a customer.

Trip J
02-07-2005, 07:57 AM
Sorry I haven't checked in, I've been out of town for the last couple of weeks.

But while I was away, I still managed to e-mail KebCo frequently and demand a refund.

Of course, no response. To make matters worse, when I returned from my trip, there was a box on my step with, get this, the FIRST THREE VOTC figures in it.

I used to be KebCo's biggest defender, but their service has gotten so horrible, I can't recommend them to anyone, and I certainly will no longer use them myself.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-08-2005, 09:34 AM
White Beard of Zeus! I ACTUALLY TALKED TO SOMEBODY today when i called KEBco! However, i didn't call the 1-800 number, I called the regular 678 number and talked to Ken. I FINALLY got refunded for the OTC figures and the Sneak Preview figures (i've found them here) and we had a lengthy discussion about Episode III figures. He told me that they had ordered 400 caes of the Sneak figures and only recieved 6 and Hasbro has been telling them that they're on their way. He also said that he suspects the follownig will happen with Episode III figures as it happened with Episode II figures: They won't get the product they ordered until 6-8 weeks until after the Figures hit the shelves as Hasbro concentrates more on the huge retailers, Toys R Us, Wal-Mart, etc and then sends them the figures that they deny after weeks of them on the shelves. I suspect i'll be hitting midnight madness this year. :crazed:

dindae
02-08-2005, 10:39 AM
While I certainly can see that being the problem with Hasbro if I reorder figs months in advance I expect to get them. I still have not recieved VOTC Han, Boba or Stormtrooper. Nor have I gotten the last half of the OTC or the cantina wave. These have come and gone and now I have to face the fact that I will have to go to ebay to get these figures even though at one time I could have picked them all up at my local store. 6-8 weeks late would be acceptable but not appealing, but the problem now is trust. I have no trust that these figures are coming. They have told me multiple arrival dates of figures to there store from Hasbro. They have told me it would only be 7 days to reply to an email. They have told me that they wouldn't charge the second half of my order until the product was in hand. They have said item will ship within 7-10 days. They didn't live up to any of these things. So they can give excuses but honestly I don't care because their lack of customer service shows they don't care about me.

Trip J
02-08-2005, 10:45 AM
While I certainly can see that being the problem with Hasbro if I reorder figs months in advance I expect to get them. I still have not recieved VOTC Han, Boba or Stormtrooper. Nor have I gotten the last half of the OTC or the cantina wave. These have come and gone and now I have to face the fact that I will have to go to ebay to get these figures even though at one time I could have picked them all up at my local store. 6-8 weeks late would be acceptable but not appealing, but the problem now is trust. I have no trust that these figures are coming. They have told me multiple arrival dates of figures to there store from Hasbro. They have told me it would only be 7 days to reply to an email. They have told me that they wouldn't charge the second half of my order until the product was in hand. They have said item will ship within 7-10 days. They didn't live up to any of these things. So they can give excuses but honestly I don't care because their lack of customer service shows they don't care about me.

Yeah, what he said. lol

Glad to hear you were able to get through, JMG, and that they took care of you. Any chance you could give me that #? I have a long-distance number that I've tried and get a number out of service message.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-08-2005, 03:53 PM
Yeah, the number i finally got through was: 678-423-3359.

Good luck! :D

jedi-cpa
02-11-2005, 08:16 AM
I did write them the other day asking about the 3 new animated figs and if those would be included in one of every fig...as they are not exclusive. No reply...and I saw them in the store so I had to go for it...I suspect they will not be included. But it would have been nice to get a response...

I have to say I too am under impressed thus far. Still better than going to TRU 2x a week. But to not get replys to e-mails within a week...a bit too much.

Trip J
02-14-2005, 12:42 PM
Another update (in case those KEBco guys are reading the forums).

I've sent two e-mails a day for the past two weeks. I've tried calling the (800) number AND the long-distance number that Guyute posted previously during their stated business hours (closing before 5:00 EST M-F and 6:00 EST on Sat) and get only busy signals, or the phone rings continuously with no answer.

Still no response.

I'm really starting to get angry. I've absolutely had it. And unfortunately, I don't know what steps I should take next.

stillakid
02-14-2005, 12:51 PM
While I haven't tried contacting them recently, I have noticed that the response time (if at all) has dropped off from the early days. While I take comfort in knowing that I will get one-of-every-figure eventually, it would be nice to know the answers to some specific questions. For instance, I was under the initial impression that the newest round of Animated Clone Wars figures would be Target exclusives once again. Being that this is not the case, why aren't they on my One-of-Every-Figure order? :confused: The whole point behind me joining was so that I wouldn't have to run around town in a fruitless attempt to find the hard-to-find toys.

So what gives? :confused: I'm perfectly willing to live within the rules of this game, but if the rules are changing, I'd like to know about it. Thanks.

dindae
02-14-2005, 01:08 PM
I'm really starting to get angry. I've absolutely had it. And unfortunately, I don't know what steps I should take next.

Might I suggest.

http://complaint.bbb.org/(xnrv0rnyesbvuii0hqwf0cqg)/complaintlink.aspx

Joshkj
02-14-2005, 01:38 PM
I skiped reading alot of this thread but here are a few of my notes,

1.OMGCNFO to me they are the best. When I got all of my ROTS preivew figs they were perfect... no joke. So perfect they didnt even have bubbless under the sticker the tape job was perfect and no bumps at all, as they say it 'case fresh'. O yaa they smelld good too.

2. I bet you guys arent the only onees having problems with kebco. Im not an expert with the legal system but wouldnt it be a case for a class action law suit???I honestly dont know much at all.

Trip J
02-14-2005, 01:48 PM
You're right about OMGCNFO.com. They're top-notch. They are quick to respond to questions, they ship same-day, and if you ask for mint packaging, that's exactly what you get.

KEBco used to be VERY good to deal with. They were always slow to get to e-mails, and always slow to ship, but you could always call and they'd be happy to help you.

I'd prefer to not have to call the BBB about them, and I sure wouldn't think of suing for the couple of hundred bucks they owe me, but I'm running out of patience, that's for sure.

dindae
02-14-2005, 02:43 PM
Yeah suing is just not worth it. The BBB is not nearly so extreme and really won't tarnish their reputation if they take care of the situation. It is really just a slap in the face to wake them up ans say hey I'm not going away. Unfortunately it would take a lot of people to complain to make them take any real action because of people who like to complain even when there is nothing to complain about.

JEDIpartner
02-14-2005, 03:40 PM
They have limited the number of new club members they are accepting this year and also not allowing for any non-club member pre-orders on the ROTS product. I think they are trying very hard to clear up the log-jam that was created by a variety of reasons.

Trip J
02-16-2005, 11:22 AM
Still no resonse. I've e-mailed nearly every day for over two weeks. I've tried calling both numbers every day for a full week - no answer.

:mad:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-16-2005, 04:42 PM
Over the last week, i found the preview Starfighter and the 3 unleashed, so i've been trying to call them, but the one number that worked is now eternally busy and it's same ole BS with the other number. I've had it. Next time i get through, i'm telling them i want out of the every figure club and a full refund on EVERYTHING on my account. With a wal-mart down the road, numerous friends and RELIABLE online stores, KEBco can burn. :frus:

dindae
02-17-2005, 07:35 AM
what I have done is save the receipts of anything I buy so if they do ship it before the cancel my crap I can return what I get from them.

Trip J
02-17-2005, 10:11 AM
Finally.

Scott responded to me via e-mail this morning and refunded all of the money that I had put down on my preorders.

I won't say thanks for being prompt, but I will thank them for taking care of this.

JEDIpartner
02-20-2005, 09:47 AM
Generally a firm defender of the store, I can't help but wonder what's going on with them these last few months.

jedi-cpa
02-22-2005, 11:47 AM
This started happening with the OTC Basic and OTC Vintage figures last year. We do understand there are several Club Members that have not received the last 14 or 15 OTC Basic figures. We are trying to locate more figures so we can fill those Pre-Orders soon. If we cannot fill these Pre-Orders in the next few weeks we will be issuing full refunds to those customers.

I don't want a friggin refund!!!!! I want my figures!!! I have walked by these in the stores, have stopped going to TRU because I don't need to...I am going to get them from KEBCO...NOW not only may I be out my cash, but they are allegedly out of stock...

Here's what I wonder...did they fulfill preorders as they charge more $$$ for preorders than they do club members?

Has anyone elses order not been fullfilled? This will be the last straw!!!

groe
02-22-2005, 12:00 PM
I'm very patient. I haven't complained about the long wait between shipments or all the stuff I haven't received that I see on the shelves at the local Wal-Mart and Target, but today's email from Kebco is the last straw. I have been a member of the "One of Every Figure Club" for over 2 years and my shipments get later and later. I still have not received 3 figures I was billed for over a year ago. (Han AT-AT, Lando General, General Madine billed Jan 15th, 2004). Today they emailed to let me know I would probably not receive the last 14 OTC figures I was billed for and were placed in pending status on my order. Here is the text from the email:

"As many of you already know we are no longer accepting Non-Club Pre-Orders. This will allow us to focus on the Club Members Pre-Orders and will allow us to better fill all of the Club Members Pre-Orders from this point forward. In the past we have had some trouble obtaining enough figures to fill all of our Pre-Orders."

"This started happening with the OTC Basic and OTC Vintage figures last year. We do understand there are several Club Members that have not received the last 14 or 15 OTC Basic figures. We are trying to locate more figures so we can fill those Pre-Orders soon. If we cannot fill these Pre-Orders in the next few weeks we will be issuing full refunds to those customers."

"We are currently shipping the first 4 EP3 Sneak Preview figures and we do not anticipate any problems filling all EP3 Pre-Orders this year for our One of Every Figure Club Members."

Like many of you, I passed alot of these up on the peg as I thought I would be receiving them. A refund is the least they can offer. Now I have to spend time and money tracking these things down. Does this sound like a "One of Every Figure Club" to you? More like the One of Every Figure that isn't hard to find club. All the while, Kebco can't return emails or bother to answer the phone. I am giving them one more chance to fill these orders. If they haven't done so in two weeks, I'll be quitting the "One of Every Figure Club" and requesting a refund of all unshipped merchandise.

Greg

jedi-cpa
02-22-2005, 12:23 PM
I still have not received 3 figures I was billed for over a year ago. (Han AT-AT, Lando General, General Madine billed Jan 15th, 2004).

Me neither...

dindae
02-22-2005, 12:44 PM
I am giving them one more chance to fill these orders. If they haven't done so in two weeks, I'll be quitting the "One of Every Figure Club" and requesting a refund of all unshipped merchandise.

Greg

If you send an email now they might read it next month you should start now. :D Seriously though these figures stopped shipping from Hasbro months ago if they haven't found by now its not going to happen.

groe
02-22-2005, 01:01 PM
If you send an email now they might read it next month you should start now. :D Seriously though these figures stopped shipping from Hasbro months ago if they haven't found by now its not going to happen.

Yeah, after I thought about it awhile, I decided to just dispute charges on everything charged since January 1st. I hope they'll just follow through with the refund but it's hard to trust someone who won't answer their email or answer a phone. I'm out of the "One of Every Figure Club".

Reefer Shark
02-22-2005, 10:10 PM
Man, what a nightmare. I feel for you guys.

I was tempted to try Kebco when they listed all the OTC stuff for pre-order, but now I'm so glad I didn't.

jedi-cpa
02-23-2005, 03:02 PM
Has anyone heard anything?

See my post in the OTC thread.

Trying to get an idea of how many are affected by the "one of every figure" club saying they are possibly not shipping one of every figure.

DarthQuack
02-23-2005, 03:19 PM
I would rather find things late than pay more and with shipping for them.

groe
02-23-2005, 04:30 PM
I would rather find things late than pay more and with shipping for them.

Right now, with Kebco, you get them late or never and pay more. You also get to pay for stuff they know you'll never get and then have to harass them to get a refund. I pre-ordered the original Wal-Mart cantina 2nd series figs from them and they charged my credit card full price for them. After they were released as K-Mart sets and had very limited carded release, I emailed Kebco about what happened to my order. (Bear in mind Kebco said that when I ordered them, they had confirmed they would receive a limited number of the sets and that pre-ordering them would be the only way I was guarenteed to get them.) I got an email back about 2 weeks later asking if I knew how much they were going for and that there was no way they could fill my order with them being so expensive. My question: Why did you not refund my money when you determined this? Why did I need to email you to get a refund? Why had you confirmed you'd be receiving these then suddenly couldn't deliver when the prices went through the roof on ebay? I pretty much knew then that if anything became expensive or hot before I received it, Kebco would never ship me my order and it would be like pulling teeth to get a refund. Now here I sit, missing all the expensive figs from the last year and not a refund or apology in sight from Kebco. Very shady company....

stillakid
02-23-2005, 10:24 PM
Here's the list from my account page listing the stuff that is still "pending." I haven't decided if I should be upset or not. How many of these are/were "new" figs and how many were simple repacks?

1 OTC Basic 2004 Tusken Raider 6.49 6.49 06/18/2004 Pending
1 OTC Basic 2004 Jawas 2-pack 6.49 6.49 06/18/2004 Pending
1 OTC Basic 2004 Snowtrooper 6.49 6.49 06/18/2004 Pending
1 OTC Basic 2004 Greedo 6.49 6.49 04/10/2004 Pending
1 OTC Basic 2004 Darth Vader Hoth 6.49 6.49 06/18/2004 Pending
1 OTC Basic 2004 Gamorrean Guard 6.49 6.49 06/18/2004 Pending
1 OTC Basic 2004 Bib Fortuna 6.49 6.49 06/18/2004 Pending
1 OTC Basic 2004 Lando Skiff 6.49 6.49 06/18/2004 Pending
1 OTC Basic 2004 Slave Leia 6.49 6.49 06/18/2004 Pending
1 OTC Basic 2004 Darth Vader New Hope 6.49 6.49 06/18/2004 Pending
1 OTC Basic 2004 Han Solo AT-ST 6.49 6.49 06/18/2004 Pending
1 OTC Basic 2004 General Madine 6.49 6.49 06/18/2004 Pending
1 OTC Basic 2004 General Lando 6.49 6.49 06/18/2004 Pending
1 OTC Basic 2004 Imperial Trooper 6.49 6.49 06/18/2004 Pending

Kidhuman
02-23-2005, 10:26 PM
ALl repacks....

Darth Mina
02-24-2005, 12:28 AM
Wow I feel for all of you. It looks as if Kebco is making money by charging your orders before sending the product and sticking it in the bank acumulating interest.
I though of joining Kebco, but after Turbowars mentionet tha EE had will-calls I began to buy my figures by the cases, I know I get extras in the cases but I collect both MOC and open so I always get what I want and a little bit more.

dindae
02-24-2005, 07:48 AM
My list is the same as Stillakids except that I have doubles of all the repaints plus VOTC Stormtrooper, Han, Lando, and Boba Fett. I guess I'll start hitting ebay for the ones I haven't picked up yet.

Trip J
02-24-2005, 07:48 AM
The thing is, they USED to be very good to deal with. I'm not sure what happened. They've always been slow to answer e-mails, but you could always pick up the phone and call during busness hours, and someone would be there to help you.

Now, the line is always busy during office hours, and obviously nobody answers after.

I feel for all of you. All I can say, is if you're trying to get in touch with them, keep trying.

Oddly enough, they ignored every e-mail I sent until I threatened to call my credit card company and the BBB. I got a response to that one in two hours. For whatever that's worth.

jedi-cpa
02-24-2005, 08:00 AM
ALl repacks....

All repacks including the general Madine, Han AT ST and General Lando...which were saga carded...WHICH ARE ALSO SITTING IN MY PENDING LIST WITH KEBCO!!!!!

The Hoth Darth Vader...where was that one released before?

Kidhuman
02-24-2005, 02:40 PM
I know it came in the TRU 4 pack of Hoth, so which ever that one was a rehash/reissue/retread of.

rbaumhauer
02-24-2005, 03:16 PM
It's the "Emperor's Wrath" Vader, molded in solid black; as KH said, it first came in the "solid" form in the TRU 4-pack.

Rick

JEDIpartner
02-24-2005, 06:01 PM
See the my post in the OTC section...

Reefer Shark
02-24-2005, 06:19 PM
Yeah, they're all repacks - but almost all of them have slight paint differences (like the snow on Hoth Vaders cape/boots, dirt on the Tusken and Jawas, etc...).

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-25-2005, 09:12 AM
Oddly enough, they ignored every e-mail I sent until I threatened to call my credit card company and the BBB. I got a response to that one in two hours. For whatever that's worth.

I'm going the route of the BBB as well. I called last friday, canceled everything and was told i'd get a refund of 229.79, which is what i had calculated. Here we are a week later and i've got nothing. Any other time a refund was done for me, it showed up within two days and not surprisingly enough, i haven't seen ANYTHING from them on my account. I called this morning @9:55 and got nothing but ringing. I hit the bathroom and called again, not 3 min later and it was busy and still is. I can't wait to give my business elsewhere and spread the word that KEbco is now crap. I used to love'em too. Sad sad state of affairs. :(

JEDIpartner
02-25-2005, 10:13 AM
They have thirty days to comply. The BBB will even tell you that. Calling them will not expedite the process.

stillakid
02-25-2005, 10:15 AM
I wonder....if a bunch of people opt out, will the service get ready for those who stay? And what is that critical mass of customers that the One of Every Figure Club can handle without demand/supply problems? How few customers does the Club need to sustain itself? It seems like the problem with having a service like this is that eventually, with the way Hasbro packs cases, that the company would have too many of a lot of figures and not enough of others. I imagine that KEBco must be swimming in overstocks of pegwarmers.

I'm going to stick it out if for no other reason than I just don't have the time right now to run around town looking for everything. That was the point originally. I've only gotten screwed once before when I ordered some of those little talking characters with the big heads from Japan. I had passed up on them while they were in stores and then got shafted because the shipment never came in for KEBco. I understand that sometimes the problem is from Hasbro or the distributor but KEBco needs to communicate problems like that to its customers so we can scramble to find other solutions.

JEDIpartner
02-25-2005, 11:24 AM
I agree with you and thought of going that route as well. My greatest concern was that they charged me the remaining balance of 50% plus shipping for figures that did not exist and were not ready to be shipped. They ended up sitting about $60 of my money for the last three months and now they say they will not be able to fulfill the orders.

It is that sort of business philosophy that causes me to worry about future dealings with them. It's a real shame because I was a real champion for them... even through the difficulties.

songwrtr
02-25-2005, 06:53 PM
That's exactly what my chief concern is regarding the current situation, too. If they hadn't charged the balance plus shipping for figures that were not only not in-hand but not even on the horizon, and if they'd respond reliably to questions before they escalate to complaints, I'd be better able to give them the benefit of the doubt with regard to both past and future dealings. They've done a lot to destroy my trust in their operations, and it's going to take more than just promises of doing better in the future to come close to regaining it. They need to take solid, substantial action, something which to date they have not done.

groe
03-13-2005, 12:50 PM
Don't know about the rest of you but I'm still waiting for my refund. It's been almost a month since this all started. They have at least cancelled all of my orders now but the money still hasn't shown back up to my credit card. I'm working through my credit card company to get the money back they've stolen from me but it's a long, slow process. I talked to a lawyer last week who said small claims court would be the way to go so I'm going down that path now. Reported them to the BBB with no response also. I was a good customer to these people and in the end, they had no respect for my loyal business. I hope you all get your money back before these bums fold and disappear. They obviously must be hurting for cash if they can't refund our money in a resonable time.

rbaumhauer
03-13-2005, 01:14 PM
Just checked my account status and all of the orders in question now have a separate invoice and are all cancelled as of 3/2/2005. However, like groe, no credit has shown up anywhere yet...........

dindae
03-14-2005, 07:29 AM
Unfortunately all my old stuff is still showing pending or whatever status it has been in for months.

rbaumhauer
03-18-2005, 08:03 AM
Well, KEBco did come through - my $59.95 credit showed up today. I went the BBB route, others have gone the certified letter route - either one seems to work in the end.

I feel bad for what Hasbro did to them, but the customer service issue is completely of their own making. I do wish them well going forward, but I'm glad I got my money back.

Rick

groe
03-23-2005, 05:17 PM
Over a month and I still wait on my refund. I notice they no longer advertise on any web sites so they must be running short of cash. Beware of this company!

kool-aid killer
03-24-2005, 09:09 AM
With "customer service" like they have been displaying of recent, its no suprise that people would avoid them. This thread has kept me from doing business with them.

evenflow
03-24-2005, 10:43 AM
With "customer service" like they have been displaying of recent, its no suprise that people would avoid them. This thread has kept me from doing business with them.

Smart move!

Clonetrooper630
03-25-2005, 02:03 AM
Is this problem only with SW figures or company wide:confused:

dindae
03-25-2005, 07:36 AM
I have not ordered anything but Star Wars from them but the main issues I have are customer service and being nearly unreachable. These problems have nothing to do with the product but are problems with the company. Now they may have written Star Wars off as a lost cause but either way it shows me they don't know how to deal with problems in their company.

songwrtr
04-04-2005, 06:29 PM
Today, it's no longer possible to use the "Check My Status" page; it hangs and eventually errors out. Last week, their 1-877 line went down. Haven't tried yet to see whether it's back in service as they claimed it would be. The message remains up on their front page. If the number is still not working, I'll be calling my credit card company tonight to let them know that there may be a problem here.

I can't believe that despite all the evidence of significant issues, I'm still giving them the benefit of the doubt by saying "may be." I want to believe that they're just bad about customer service basics, got let down by Hasbro not shipping some OTC product, and are having technical issues, rather than believing that they're going down hard. Am I overly optimistic or just plain blind?

groe
04-04-2005, 07:24 PM
I've actually had an email conversation with Ken over the last week. Seems he is angry that I disputed $250 worth of charges on my credit card. He says he is going to fight it even though he acknowledged in one email that his company owed me the money. I tucked that email away for future use. I told him I'd be happy to stop my dispute of the charges if he'd just give me a day that I would receive my refund from them but he has never responded to that question. I think Kebco is having big time cash flow problems if they can't refund a small amout like $250. If he somehow manages to snow my credit card company (though he admitted via email that he couldn't dispute about $125 worth of those charges) I've looked into small claims court and it seems very inexpensive. You can file in your state and the loser would be responsible for all charges incurred. To file the claim and go to court is less than $25 in almost every state. I've already got the paperwork ready to file. Representatives from Kebco would have to travel to your state to fight it. I plan on asking for replacement cost on the figures I was shorted if I have to go to court. Worst they can tell me is "No, you only get back the money you paid to them." It took me disputing charges to even acknowledge I existed. Good luck with your credit card company and I'll keep you informed of where my collection efforts are. Please do the same. People need to know how big a ripoff this company is. After my email exchange with Ken, it has become obvious to me that Kebco has no intention of refunding my money without a fight.

Greg

stillakid
04-04-2005, 09:02 PM
Hmm, I've been a big supporter of KEBco since the beginning of the One of Every Figure Club. But these reports are disturbing as well as the lack of updates on the site as well as no response to any of my recent emails to them.

I think I'm going to head out tomorrow to stock up on all the figures at retail prices in case KEBco folds anytime soon. I'll worry about, well, getting "one of every figure" first then deal with the cash later if it becomes a real issue.

If KEBco does fold, that'll suck. I've come to rely on having my shopping done for me as I don't have a lot of time to run around town trying to beat the scalpers to the short-packed stuff. Oh well, I suppose it couldn't last forever anyway. I just wish KEBco would at least tell the rest of us what is going on so we can either go shopping or wait patiently at home for the delivery. This lack of communication is not only bad business, but just plain rude.

dindae
04-04-2005, 09:26 PM
Stillakid one thing I did was keep my reciept from what I bought so if the sent figures I could return them. When I got the POTC figures I returned them to Walmart. It was a lot easier then trying to get money out of Kebco. Wish I had done the same with the OTC. Now that I recall correctly part of my initial payment was on my credit card so I could use their protection since those were the figures I never got. :D I sent them a registered letter asking for my credit. If the respond then I won't but otherwise I will contest it in a heartbeat.

songwrtr
04-04-2005, 10:07 PM
I've actually had an email conversation with Ken over the last week.

Greg, I'm amazed that you've managed to get anything out of them at all. My last four messages (starting in early February) have gone unanswered. I've tried the two e-mail addresses that I'm aware of (Scott's and the Customer Service one) and the on-line form and gotten nothing. All of them have been as positive as possible; none of them have been demanding. All I want is information regarding what's going on with all the product they've charged me for. They need to communicate with their club members ASAP and start delivering on their OTC or refund promise from over a month ago.

In slightly sunnier news, the 877-My-KEBCo line is ringing again, and not resulting in a "This line has been disconnected" message. That's a small positive. I'm holding off a bit longer before starting proceedings of any sort. Still, I think however this is resolved, I need to get off this sandcrawler and go back to hunting for myself. This situation has become more stressful than the hunt ever was, and it's decreasing the fun of the hobby for me.

stillakid
04-05-2005, 12:06 AM
Dear KEBco,

I get the following when attempting to check my 2005 order status:

Cobol-RPC encountered the following error:
Could not call cobol
cgixstatus2.cobstatus = 1

I'm not a computer programmer, so I don't know what that means. What I do know is that yesterday morning, I was able to check my status without any problem. So between then and now, SOMETHING is happening on your end, either intentional or not.

I'm sure that all of your loyal customers will join me in asking you to please communicate with us. Whether it's to say that all is okay or if you need to unfortunately close shop, all we need at the moment is some sign of life. Thank you.

songwrtr
04-07-2005, 12:07 AM
Here's a sign of life, though I don't know whether to consider it good or bad.

I just checked my credit card account on-line and found another charge from them that went through on Monday 4/4. If I break out the calculator, the amount works out to shipping plus the balance on 12 figures (which means 12 have moved from Pending to Processed). Of course, being unable to check my account because the form isn't working, and being a collector of multiples, I have no idea whether this is 12 different figures, multiples of one or more, or what. Of course, there's no shipping notification to go with it, either. And no replies to what's now five attempts to get in touch with them via e-mail (over a couple of months) to get some sort of information.

Given their recent track record, they could ship tomorrow, or they could ship never. Maybe we should start a pool here . . .

stillakid
04-07-2005, 08:22 AM
Here's a sign of life, though I don't know whether to consider it good or bad.

I just checked my credit card account on-line and found another charge from them that went through on Monday 4/4. If I break out the calculator, the amount works out to shipping plus the balance on 12 figures (which means 12 have moved from Pending to Processed). Of course, being unable to check my account because the form isn't working, and being a collector of multiples, I have no idea whether this is 12 different figures, multiples of one or more, or what. Of course, there's no shipping notification to go with it, either. And no replies to what's now five attempts to get in touch with them via e-mail (over a couple of months) to get some sort of information.

Given their recent track record, they could ship tomorrow, or they could ship never. Maybe we should start a pool here . . .

In general, it takes quite a bit to get me to the point of real anger, so for the most part, I've been pretty calm about KEBco. But the stream of problems I'm reading about coupled with their refusal to acknowledge my attempts to contact them are threatening to bring me there. A simple, "Sorry about the communication problems, but your order is [fill in the blank]" would not only be nice, but it would be the only correct thing to do if a business wishes to keep its customer base. Extremely unprofessional they are being. Not good.

What are the official rules concerning refusal of packages? What I mean is, if I simply refuse to accept the next shipment, and it goes back to SENDER, can I rightfully claim a refund? :confused:

Kidhuman
04-07-2005, 09:30 AM
Stilla, since you ordered it and refused it, then can still charge you for it. If you happen to get the toys at WM, TRU, etc.... hold the receipt in case KEBco comes thorugh and return them.

songwrtr
04-07-2005, 10:15 AM
Stilla,
First, I agree w/KidHuman in re: refusing packages and their right to charge, as well as advice on keeping receipts.

Second, I agree with you. They've done two things wrong in my book at this point. The first is the situation with the OTC figures and the fact that they charged the balance + shipping for figures that they didn't even have en route. If they were to issue either a positive status update on their search or the promised refunds on the missed figures, I'd at least not feel like I was potentially being ripped off. I'd still be upset that they couldn't get those figures, but at least I'd know that they weren't holding those charges indefinitely.

The second, and the most easily corrected, is their utter lack of communication. If they were talking to us -- updating their website, sending out newsletters, replying to simple questions via e-mail -- I'd at least feel like there's someone out there. I don't need the figures the day they come out in the stores -- as long as I know that I really will be getting them.

I really do want to give them the benefit of the doubt, but they're making it awfully hard on themselves by failing to communicate. It's disconcerting to me that the only proof I have of their existence in the last month is ongoing charges to my credit card and one hastily scrawled update to their website a week ago. They could fix that impression so easily and turn this around for those of us teetering on the brink. The fact that they haven't yet is either a sign of poor business sense or poor business status. I can't say for sure which.

samskull
04-07-2005, 10:18 AM
Trouble???

I'm still waiting for OTC, VOTC and....Saga figure I ordered let alone the Sneak Preview and April 2nd ROTS! Their "one-of-every-figure" claim is getting old. The refunded me for figures I ordered a year ago and never saw. I must be at the bottom of their mailing list 'cause I have been treated better by Wal-mart employees at 2am! My Club # is 495...it might as well be 666 and this point.
And what's the deal with never e-mailing back to one of your own customers a reply to a question?!

Maybe I'll just start making my own figures out of Origami. For $5.99 for a ream of paper I can have that Trooper Army I always dreamed of.

stillakid
04-07-2005, 10:51 AM
My other issue concerns what is being ordered. I was under the impression that we would receive one of every 3 3/4" figure with the exception of exclusives. However, somehow the Galactic Heroes and the Force Battlers have ended up on my list but the newest round of Clone Wars Animated didn't. If the rules are going to change, I'd just like to know what the game is so I can decide if I still want to play or not. Unfortunately, I'm beginning to sway to the side of "not." I'll give KEBco a few more days of non-communication and then begin the process of pulling out via a certified letter.

If anyone over there is paying attention to any of this, you can save the situation quite easily by simply addressing any problems you're having in an honest and timely manner. Hiding from your problems isn't going to make them go away.

samskull
04-07-2005, 10:58 AM
My ultimate fear is that soon we'll find out they closed and we'll all be out those 50% deposits which in my case they've charged my credit carge a couple hundred bucks and I have nothing to show.

I agree will you STILLA...a few more days then I pull the ripcord. No business should be conducted this way.

KEBco
04-07-2005, 08:37 PM
I've actually had an email conversation with Ken over the last week. Seems he is angry that I disputed $250 worth of charges on my credit card. He says he is going to fight it even though he acknowledged in one email that his company owed me the money. I tucked that email away for future use. I told him I'd be happy to stop my dispute of the charges if he'd just give me a day that I would receive my refund from them but he has never responded to that question. I think Kebco is having big time cash flow problems if they can't refund a small amout like $250. If he somehow manages to snow my credit card company (though he admitted via email that he couldn't dispute about $125 worth of those charges) I've looked into small claims court and it seems very inexpensive. You can file in your state and the loser would be responsible for all charges incurred. To file the claim and go to court is less than $25 in almost every state. I've already got the paperwork ready to file. Representatives from Kebco would have to travel to your state to fight it. I plan on asking for replacement cost on the figures I was shorted if I have to go to court. Worst they can tell me is "No, you only get back the money you paid to them." It took me disputing charges to even acknowledge I existed. Good luck with your credit card company and I'll keep you informed of where my collection efforts are. Please do the same. People need to know how big a ripoff this company is. After my email exchange with Ken, it has become obvious to me that Kebco has no intention of refunding my money without a fight.

Greg

Just a little from KEBco.
First off, we are not out of business and do not plan to go out of business.
Bell South changed our static IP address so this is why our Status Page has been down. We did not ask for a change, just Bell doing their fine job. After it was discovered, I had to request a change to get it back to the correct IP. And of course this takes 48 hours.
We do try to answer the phones, just a lot of calls, so it is busy a lot. The 1-877 line just rings if it is busy (another Bell feature I am trying to get changed).
We are overwhelmed with emails. And then there's the spam. It takes all day, everyday, actually we do not finish each day. So everyday we get a bit farther behind.
And the answer is not more people. People cost money, insurance, vacation, etc and this would mean higher prices, which I do not want to raise prices. We will get up to date, soon.

As for Greg, come on, I did not get anger. In fact I tried to explain the correct way to do a charge back. Here is part of my email to you.

I will process the credit after the charge back is cancelled.
I am not sure how long it takes to notify me thru the channels, so if you can copy me the cancellation, I can include it with my response to the credit card company. And please send a copy to your credit card company.

You always have the option to request a charge back on the correct charges.

See the problem is, I must respond to the request. After I show the merchandise was delivered for the charges you requested a charge back on, you would loose the right for a refund.
I am trying to be sure you in fact get your credit.

I still want you as a customer and I can only give you my word things will get back to normal. We have dropped the ball an several occasions (as well as Hasbro), but we will be back to number one - both the place to get your figures and customer service.

Ken
KEBco Toys

Greg, you did a charge back on merchandise that has been shipped, delivered and signed for. I must respond to the credit card company and must show you have received the merchandise. Then you are out of the credit. You must request a charge back for the correct merchandise, not just pick a random charge on your credit card.

We at KEBco are going thru some tuff times. Growing pains. Hasbro has not been able to fill all of our orders. This is why we are not accepting pre-orders except from our club members. We just can not get enough product to fill the orders.
We have opened accounts with two secondard distributors. Companies that buy from Hasbro same as we do. We are taking their allotment so we can fill our orders. This means we are paying about 10% to 15% more but not charging our customers any more.
We recently ordered 55 cases of Unleashed from Entertainment Earth. All they had in stock. Again paying more just to fill our orders. So we are trying everything I know to fill the orders.

We will be around for a very long time. We are not going anywhere. Everyone will get everything they have ordered if we can find it. If it can not be found, a credit will be given. As a lot of you have complained, we are not fast, but it will be done.

I do not check the boards often any more, so I may not see any replys. Call us, email us. You will be answered.

Ken
KEBco Toys

stillakid
04-07-2005, 09:44 PM
First, a sincere thanks, Ken. Really. Just some communication makes all the difference.

However, I do have a problem with this statement:

If it can not be found, a credit will be given.

While there are certainly no guarantees in life, what exactly will be the statute of limitations in this situation? What I mean is, it's all well and good that a refund will come, but how long will it take before KEBco gives up the search and then lets us know that we have to head off to Ebay? If I can know right away that you won't fulfill your end of the contract, I still have hope of obtaining product at a reasonable retail price. But if you leave us hanging out to dry for months on end, by that time if we do manage to come up with a source, it'll wind up costing quite a bit more money than if we just joined the rat race like everyone else.

While I fully appreciate the distribution problems, there have to be some ground rules set so that a similar OTC problem doesn't crop up again. Thankfully, most of those that didn't come through for me turned out to be unnecessary repacks, so it wasn't that big of a deal. Getting those unnecessary figures is the price I've chosen to pay for the convenience and security that I get from the One of Every Figure Club. But if that "security" of knowing that I'm actually going to get one of every figure isn't really there, then what's the point of paying a premium when I can simply head back out into the retail market and get everything cheaper? I could use that money I save on the KEBco markup and the shipping and put it toward my Ebay shopping when I can't find something.

To put it another way, I don't really want a refund. I want the stuff I ordered.

Comments?

samskull
04-08-2005, 08:44 AM
I'm glad someone from KEBCO responded (even though it was mostly directed to GREG via a forum and not personally) but I still do not feel very secure in relying on them to make my figure purchases for me.

I too missed 90% of the OTC wave because KEBCO didn't mail it to me even though they were "pending" and Han VOTC never came. Good thing Wal-mart had HAN VOTC on clearance for $1.00, but I still had to hit EBAY for the Madine, AT-ST HAN, General LAndo wave (since KEBCO failed to get me my SAGA order too)!

The ROTS Sneak Preview figures would've been nice as a "sneak preview" but I've had to pass 'em by at Wal-mart since I don't need "Two of every Figure." I'm not one of the "open one/pin-up one" types. I open everything for play and display - come on they are toys afterall.

I have no problem with deposits for requesting a service which KEBCO is promising....the ability to have all the figures without the chore of hitting Wal-mart every night. It is worth an extra 25% or so. But something is definitely wrong with their system...to be unable to keep their promises is very unprofessional. These are not SPECIAL ORDERS here - these are BASIC FIGURES.

And like STILLAKID said I'll put up with the figures like GALACTIC HEROES and such just to know I will be getting the 3-3/4" line in full. And I know KEBCO says all we have to do is e-mail them and they'll add to our order list and delete things like GH that we don't want...but how does this occur if you never respond to the e-mail? How do we know you are updating our orders? These are the exact reasons why we are on THIS forum *****ing about KEBCO. You won't communicate with US personally.

Please KEBCO...get organized. Fulfill your promises. And speak to your customers. And by all means give us some reassurance that things will be alright soon. This is the movie year....the last movie year. We are STAR WARS fans. Do not leave us hanging out to dry.

KEBco
04-08-2005, 12:21 PM
As I did state, we have opened accounts with two distributors to be sure we can get all the product needed. The problem we have had with Hasbro over the last few years is - no order is guaranteed. They keep us hanging therefore we are forced to keep our customers hanging. Not good for anyone. We are trying to get a handle on all the old emails and we REALLY do try to answer the phone. I will try to sent updates via our newsletter on a more timely basis.
A big thank you goes out to ALL our customers that have weathered this rough time with us.

Ken
KEBco Toys

songwrtr
04-09-2005, 09:16 AM
Since we seem to have your attention here, Ken: During what hours do you answer the phone? I'm not asking to be snide, here. Your website lists two different sets of hours. The Contact Us page says M - F 10 - 6, Sat 12 - 6. The Testimonials page says M - F 10 -7. Sat and Sun 10 - 6. If I'm going to be trying to call, I'd rather stick to trying during the correct set of hours.

As for your response above, "Do or do not. There is no try." We've heard most of these promises before . . .

WesleySr
04-09-2005, 11:44 AM
Since this seems to be the only way to get ahold of anyone @ KebCo, then I guess I will post here too. I have sent you 5 emails and have been calling you for the past 3 months with no answer. I have been trying to check on the status of Invoice # 10334. It has been showing pending since 12/10/2004 and it has already been charged to my credit card. Since you are not responding to my emails and noone is answering your phones, I guess this is my only hope.

groe
04-09-2005, 02:11 PM
As for Greg, come on, I did not get anger. In fact I tried to explain the correct way to do a charge back. Here is part of my email to you.

I will process the credit after the charge back is cancelled.
I am not sure how long it takes to notify me thru the channels, so if you can copy me the cancellation, I can include it with my response to the credit card company. And please send a copy to your credit card company.

You always have the option to request a charge back on the correct charges.

See the problem is, I must respond to the request. After I show the merchandise was delivered for the charges you requested a charge back on, you would loose the right for a refund.
I am trying to be sure you in fact get your credit.

I still want you as a customer and I can only give you my word things will get back to normal. We have dropped the ball an several occasions (as well as Hasbro), but we will be back to number one - both the place to get your figures and customer service.

Ken
KEBco Toys

Greg, you did a charge back on merchandise that has been shipped, delivered and signed for. I must respond to the credit card company and must show you have received the merchandise. Then you are out of the credit. You must request a charge back for the correct merchandise, not just pick a random charge on your credit card.

We at KEBco are going thru some tuff times. Growing pains. Hasbro has not been able to fill all of our orders. This is why we are not accepting pre-orders except from our club members. We just can not get enough product to fill the orders.
We have opened accounts with two secondard distributors. Companies that buy from Hasbro same as we do. We are taking their allotment so we can fill our orders. This means we are paying about 10% to 15% more but not charging our customers any more.
We recently ordered 55 cases of Unleashed from Entertainment Earth. All they had in stock. Again paying more just to fill our orders. So we are trying everything I know to fill the orders.

We will be around for a very long time. We are not going anywhere. Everyone will get everything they have ordered if we can find it. If it can not be found, a credit will be given. As a lot of you have complained, we are not fast, but it will be done.

I do not check the boards often any more, so I may not see any replys. Call us, email us. You will be answered.

Ken
KEBco Toys

See Ken, here is my problem. If you had just refunded my money as I asked (within a resonable amount of time) I would not have had to do the chargebacks. I would not be filling out paperwork to go to small claims court. I would not be have to call and email you multiple times trying to get answers to my questions. How do I know if I cancel the chagebacks that you will refund my money? I asked my orders be cancelled and my money refunded on February 22nd. I charged back one charge to get your attention after not hearing from you for a week. After a month of waiting for my refund, I charged back alot more but still not enough to cover what you owe me. This got your attention and on March 31st, over a month later, you finally contact me and ask me to stop the chargebacks. My emails were once again ignored when I asked when I would get a refunfd if I stopped the chargebacks until my last post here. Not ten minutes later, you reply to my email. If I stop the chargebacks, I am once again at your mercy of when you will get around to giving me my money back. You have not inspired any trust in me after how you have treated me over the last few months so how do I trust you to refund my money now? I just want my money back. I'm not looking to screw anyone over, I just want to be treated and respected as the honest, loyal customer I have been for the last two years. I pay interest on that money charged on my credit card. When I do the chargebacks, I get that finance charge back. Every month this is put off, it costs me more money. So here is what I propose. Refund my money through my credit card. It only takes 2 business days for it to show. I will then stop the chargebacks. You've had my trust for years and broken it. Now, put your trust in me and lets make this right.

Greg

Kintoun
04-09-2005, 06:01 PM
I was told on March 24th that "As far as the EP3 figures, we will be shipping a few of the 3.75 inch basic figures on April 2nd.

We will not be shipping 20 or more figures, we will begin shipping with about 12 figures." However, I notice that those 12 figures are still listed as "In Process". Why haven't these figures at least moved to Pending status?

The KEBco web site says that "Pending" means "This item(s) has been invoiced and moved into our shipping department. The item(s) will usually ship within 7 to 10 days. When product is first received or during peak times, the shipping time may increase." I want a refund now. I do not want a repeat of the OTC fiasco where I was expected to wait so long that the figures sold out elsewhere.

Keith Ehrich

rassmguy
04-09-2005, 07:19 PM
I was told on March 24th that "As far as the EP3 figures, we will be shipping a few of the 3.75 inch basic figures on April 2nd.

We will not be shipping 20 or more figures, we will begin shipping with about 12 figures." However, I notice that those 12 figures are still listed as "In Process". Why haven't these figures at least moved to Pending status?

The KEBco web site says that "Pending" means "This item(s) has been invoiced and moved into our shipping department. The item(s) will usually ship within 7 to 10 days. When product is first received or during peak times, the shipping time may increase." I want a refund now. I do not want a repeat of the OTC fiasco where I was expected to wait so long that the figures sold out elsewhere.

Keith Ehrich

This is what worries me. I keep having to get refunds for all my orders, then track down the figures elsewhere. I wouldn't do so if I'd jsut get a response now and then, but they go MONTHS without responding to multiple e-mails, and they NEVER answer the phone, no matter what they say. In two years as a member, I've never once been able to get through on the phone. Not once. It's ridiculous, and like others, the only way I've gotten responses has been to threaten credit chargebacks. It's inexcusable, and "distribution problems" neither explains it nor excuses the complete and utter lack of communication.

groe
04-09-2005, 09:41 PM
Just an FYI from the email I received on 4/4 for those of you who are sending certified mail....

Hi Gregory,
Sorry I have not responded sooner.
We are moving to a new retail location, I am back an forth and over the week-end Bell South stopped my DSL service. This was not to happen until Tuesday - ...
[Edited out rest of email]
Ken
KEBco Toys

rassmguy
04-10-2005, 03:05 PM
Just an FYI from the email I received on 4/4 for those of you who are sending certified mail....

Hi Gregory,
Sorry I have not responded sooner.
We are moving to a new retail location, I am back an forth and over the week-end Bell South stopped my DSL service. This was not to happen until Tuesday - ...
[Edited out rest of email]
Ken
KEBco Toys

They're moving AGAIN?

jedi-cpa
04-11-2005, 12:46 PM
Just a little from KEBco.
Shock and awe is un understatement.

First off, we are not out of business and do not plan to go out of business.
Bell South changed our static IP address so this is why our Status Page has been down. We did not ask for a change, just Bell doing their fine job.
There's the pot calling the kettle black...stinks when you pay someone to do a certain job for you and they don't do it.

After it was discovered, I had to request a change to get it back to the correct IP. And of course this takes 48 hours.

I'd be doing back handsprings if I had gotten a reply within 48 days from KebCo. As things are right now, I have called, e-mailed, finally made it to the postoffice with my certified letter. Still nothing. At least Bellsouth got back to you.

We do try to answer the phones, just a lot of calls, so it is busy a lot.
I am sitting here right now...phone a ringing at Kebco...been ringing for no joke, the last hour. I understand you are TRYING, but I think with just a little more effort, you could probably manage to get the receiver off the craddle.

The 1-877 line just rings if it is busy (another Bell feature I am trying to get changed).
We are overwhelmed with emails. And then there's the spam. It takes all day, everyday, actually we do not finish each day. So everyday we get a bit farther behind.

I'm the Controller of an almost $1 billion in assets publically traded company...if everyday I got a little further behind, my shareholders, board of directors would all say the same thing. DON'T TELL ME THERE IS A PROBLEM...FIX IT!

And a little further behind...I don't think so, I've been e-mailing you FOR MONTHS!!!!! With NO REPLY. Not even a 2 second, I'm looking into it.".

And the answer is not more people. People cost money, insurance, vacation, etc and this would mean higher prices, which I do not want to raise prices. We will get up to date, soon.

You are running a business and complaining about the costs of doing business. Do you understand your not fixing the problem is costing you revenues? I for one have cancelled with you...(although I have no idea if you have received the e-mal because well, I can't call or e-mail for a response.

Secondly, there are almost $500 worth of charges to me for product which has not shipped...most is Episode III, and I committed to it and will buy it at your inflated price (which I paid in exchange for the service which I never received).

So I finish with this, what is Ken's e-mail...as the sbarnette and the customer service e-mails arre no response to date, let me give Ken a try..anyone help me out there?

Thanks.

songwrtr
04-11-2005, 01:49 PM
Sorry, CPA. Unfortunately, all that I have are the two e-mail addresses that you listed plus the on-line form to offer. I've been calling on 877-My-KEBco and 678-423-3359 (which replaced 678-423-0419, the number that I got off of several older pieces of correspondence). I've never gotten through, mind you, despite practically having them on auto-dial for several days now after weeks of less obsessive attempts to call.

I've got e-mails dating back to January that I'm waiting for replies on. I'd have cancelled my membership back then if I could have actually gotten anyone to respond, pick up the phone, etc. I certainly didn't want the RotS figures added on to my account, but I couldn't get a message through to cancel by any means.

Even if this has all been nothing more than a string of bad luck and coincidence, it's been made worse by the fact that there's been absolutely zero follow-through on any promises and zero communication through updates to the website, mailing list, etc. The two responses that we've had via this forum is more communication than most of us have had from them in 2005 (short of additional charges to our credit cards; seems that no matter what else is going wrong, they can always do that quite readily). And even those replies have been more about making excuses than providing answers.

dindae
04-11-2005, 01:58 PM
Ken,
If you are still reading this please credit my account dindae@comcast.net for all products. This has been sent previously in emails and most recently in a certified letter although if you have changed addresses then obviously it may take some time for this to reach you. All of my product should easily be qualified as backordered product which I should be able to cancel at anytime. I no longer care about shipping cost refunds for late shipment or even discussing the insufficient funds cause by drafting my account after I tried to cancel the club. I just want credit for items I have not recieved. I have already purchased these items from other sources. I no longer want toys or excuses I just want money. I am glad to see you making an attempt to communicate on the board once again it shows that at least there is some hope things may get back to the way people have told me your company was run at one time. If you need anymore infomation to issue the credit you can email at dindae@comcast.net or call me my home number should be in your records.

Andrew Nowicki
5967 Colchester Dr
Hermitage, TN 37076

jedi-cpa
04-11-2005, 02:02 PM
I have 678-423-3340,,,that is the one I have let ring for about 2 hours today.

Kintoun
04-11-2005, 04:12 PM
Ken,
If you are still reading this please credit my account dindae@comcast.net for all products.

By clicking on KEBco's Public Profile, we can tell that Ken's last activity at this web site was today at 07:31 AM. Therefore, he should have seen everyones replies but my e-mails are still being ignored. I'm glad I submitted a complaint to the Better Business Bureau on Saturday.

Keith Ehrich

dindae
04-11-2005, 04:23 PM
By clicking on KEBco's Public Profile, we can tell that Ken's last activity at this web site was today at 07:31 AM. Therefore, he should have seen everyones replies but my e-mails are still being ignored. I'm glad I submitted a complaint to the Better Business Bureau on Saturday.

Keith Ehrich

Mine was posted after that. That log updates everytime you look at the page and are logged in. So he (or someone using the computer) could have just clicked to see the latest news. Besides I don't expect a reply until he researches the amount and gives the credit.

samskull
04-12-2005, 09:32 AM
I wrote a nice e-mail to Kebco (really) and resigned my membership in the One-Of-Every-Figure Club. I hope those in command read it and complete the six months of orders I'm behind or refund my money.

Maybe I'll start the Almost-One-Of-Every-Figure Club as that's where I stand thanks to Kebco. Saga = incomplete. OTC = incomplete. VOTC = incomplete. Galactic Heroes (?) = incomplete. ROTS = incomplete (not even the sneak preview wave or first 32!).

May the Force be with Us friends.

HighLordDave
04-12-2005, 03:26 PM
This is a continued discussion from this thread (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=27643) related to problems with Kebco.

If you have purchased something with a credit card, and you do not receive the goods or services which you paid for, you can have your credit card company do what's called a "chargeback". In every transaction, you (the consumer) receive goods and/or services, and the seller (in this instance Kebco) receives your money.

If you feel compelled to do a chargeback, you claim that the retailer did not provide the goods and/or services which were promised, but since you were already charged, your credit card company cancels the transaction, giving you your money back and deducting it from the account in which it was transferred.

You should contact your credit card company for further details. In some instances, you may be asked to file a fraudulant transaction claim and some credit card companies charge a fee.

tagmac
04-12-2005, 05:57 PM
I was one of the lucky ones who got through twice a few months ago, managing to get all my VOTC pre-orders cancelled for a full refund. I let the 5 "preview" figs sit, but eventually had enough after finding Pablo Jill, et all at retail numerous times, and e-mailed them to refund my pre-order. It took a month, but I'm happy to say all my money was returned. Good luck to those of you who are still waiting - I hope things work out. One thing's for sure, I would never deal with them again, no matter how desperate I was for a certain figure.

Jedi Drew
04-12-2005, 06:30 PM
I knew that I should of listened to JEDIpartnr and sent them a certified letter to get out of this mess like he did. :eek: It looks like I'm gonna call my credit card co. and see what they say. They STILL owe me the last wave of the VOTC figures, the Preview figures ("On Hold"-wtf is that about :confused: ), and all the new figures. I bet KEBCO reads all these SW boards and are just laughing all the way to the bank. Maybe a class action lawsuit may open their eyes? :sur: I have also tried calling them several times and sent them several E-mails-all with no reply.

rassmguy
04-12-2005, 09:18 PM
I knew that I should of listened to JEDIpartnr and sent them a certified letter to get out of this mess like he did. :eek: It looks like I'm gonna call my credit card co. and see what they say. They STILL owe me the last wave of the VOTC figures, the Preview figures ("On Hold"-wtf is that about :confused: ), and all the new figures. I bet KEBCO reads all these SW boards and are just laughing all the way to the bank. Maybe a class action lawsuit may open their eyes? :sur: I have also tried calling them several times and sent them several E-mails-all with no reply.

That's interesting about your "ON HOLD" comment. That happened to me as well -- twice, figures I didn't ask to have put on hold ended up on hold, for no reason I could see. In the end, Scott and Ken did take care of things, and I did eventually receive every figure up to and including the ROTS preview wave, but it took a lot of work on my part. I'm crossing my fingers that they start shipping ROTS soon -- it's very frustrating seeing all the figs in the stores and hoping I don't find out, once they're gone, that Kebco doesn't have any. <<fingers crossed>>

dindae
04-12-2005, 09:58 PM
In the end, Scott and Ken did take care of things, and I did eventually receive every figure up to and including the ROTS preview wave, but it took a lot of work on my part.
WOW I'm impressed what exactly does "work" mean.

rassmguy
04-13-2005, 02:00 PM
WOW I'm impressed what exactly does "work" mean.

Heh heh....
Basically, it means a nice letter... than another nice letter... than another nice letter... then an annoyed letter... then another annoyed letter... then, after six weeks have gone by without any responses at all, a not-so-nice letter, threatening credit card chargeback... then, a day later, receiving an apologetic response and promise to take care of it as long as I don't do the chargeback... then waiting to see if it shows up on my credit card statement... then writing more letters about the figures that haven't shipped... etc. etc. etc.

I'm really beginning to think it's just not worth it.

jedi-cpa
04-13-2005, 02:15 PM
Well, there's hope then...

I will keep trying then.

Anyone have an updated address yet?

Kintoun
04-13-2005, 02:49 PM
I'm very pleased to report that Scott Barnette finally replied to me via e-mail yesterday morning. He said "Hi Keith,

$98.88 has been refunded to your credit card for the deposit on 20 figures
at $7.49 and 3 figures at $15.99

Credits will sometimes take 3 to 5 business days, not including weekends, to
be applied to your account.

Sometimes they are applied in 1 or 2 days, but most times it takes the banks 3 to 5 business days to apply refunds."

Less than 4 hours later, I received another e-mail from the Better Business Bureau Dispute Resolution Counselor informing me that "Upon receipt of your complaint, it was reviewed and a copy forwarded to the firm for a response." I doubt it was a coincidence that my BBB complaint prompted KEBco to pay attention.

Kintoun

jedi-cpa
04-13-2005, 03:23 PM
Wow, nice work...so that's what it takes huh? Well, I'll have to start drafting that letter.

Kintoun, could you send me a copy of the letter you sent to the BBB? Was it the BBB of GA?

ntc31974@yahoo.com

Thanks.

stillakid
04-13-2005, 03:31 PM
Less than 4 hours later, I received another e-mail from the Better Business Bureau Dispute Resolution Counselor informing me that "Upon receipt of your complaint, it was reviewed and a copy forwarded to the firm for a response." I doubt it was a coincidence that my BBB complaint prompted KEBco to pay attention.

Kintoun

Meanwhile, other anxious KEBco Almost One of Every Figure Club Members wait with baited breath to see if A) their unrealized OTC orders will be refunded and B) if and when their ROTS orders will begin arriving.

The plot thickens. Stay tuned...

Kidhuman
04-13-2005, 04:10 PM
Well STilla, at the rate people are dropping, it should free up a bunch of figures.

Kintoun
04-13-2005, 04:15 PM
Wow, nice work...so that's what it takes huh? Well, I'll have to start drafting that letter.

Kintoun, could you send me a copy of the letter you sent to the BBB? Was it the BBB of GA?

ntc31974@yahoo.com

Thanks.

Sure. Here's a transcript of most of the information:
--------------------------------------------------------
COMPLAINT INFORMATION:

Complaint #: 1871520
Complaint Type: General Complaint (not a car maker)
Date Received: 4/10/2005
Primary Complaint Classification: Selling Practices
Secondary Complaint Classification: Refund Practices
Complaint:
On March 24th, KEBco Toys promised that "As far as the EP3 figures, we will be shipping a few of the 3.75 inch basic figures on April 2nd." However, none of those 12 figures have even moved into their shipping department a week later. E-mails are constantly ignored. On March 15th, I inquired about the status of 3 Star Wars figures and a G.I. Joe two-pack that I pre-ordered many months earlier in 2004. I didn't receive a reply until March 24th when Scott said "We received many of the Unleashed figures damaged and it will take several weeks to get more." When I said I'm willing to wait another month to receive them, he changed his estimate to "2 months or longer before we get anymore." On February 17th, I sent numerous e-mails to KEBco stating "I'd like to end my G.I. Joe "One Of Every Figure" Club Membership immediately. I do not want to pre-order G.I. Joe Valor Vs. Venom wave 7 figures." I later received an e-mail on February 21st in which Scott said "Ok, have removed you from the GI Joe Club too" However, my credit card was charged for all 5 Valor Vs. Venom Wave 7 figures on March 3rd against my wishes. My complaint was ignored for days until Scott Barnette claimed "I had removed you from the Club, but forgot to uncheck the indicator that lets us know to add figures." On February 10th, I complained about a parcel not including a Han Solo figure and being given 2 incorrect toys. I waited 220+ days for KEBco to deliver 31 action figures only to be told "I am not sure when or if we will receive anymore."

Desired Settlement: Refund
Settlement Explanation:
I want a $98.88 US refund for the 50% deposit I paid and received nothing in return.
Customer Service Rep: Mr. Scott Barnette
Product or Service: Star Wars Revenge of the Sith action figures
Model Number:
Account Number:
Order Number:
Salesperson: Mr. Scott Barnette
Payment Made: Partial Payment Made
Purchase Price: 197.77
Disputed Amount: 197.77
Payment Method: Credit Card
Purchase Date: 1/18/2005
Problem Date: 4/2/2005
Complaint Dates: 3/29/2005, 3/30/2005, 3/31/2005
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I could have easily written a more detailed complaint but it wasn't supposed to exceed a certain word limit.

Kintoun

Jedi Drew
04-13-2005, 06:56 PM
Was it the BBB of Georgia or do you have to go thru your home state BBB??? And I did try calling "OUR BUDDIES" at KEBco today again and the phone just rang and rang and...you get the point. :frus: :frus: Good luck everyone I'm in the same boat as all of you.

WesleySr
04-13-2005, 07:02 PM
I thought that the BBB was a federal organization. Am I incorrect? Is it a state level organization? If so, do I file the complaint with my state or the state that KebCo is in?

Kintoun
04-13-2005, 07:39 PM
Was it the BBB of Georgia or do you have to go thru your home state BBB??? And I did try calling "OUR BUDDIES" at KEBco today again and the phone just rang and rang and...you get the point. :frus: :frus: Good luck everyone I'm in the same boat as all of you.

All you need to do is visit
http://search.bbb.org/search.html
Type "KEBco", "Newnan" and lastly click on "GA".

Kintoun

Jedi Drew
04-13-2005, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the info. ;) ;)

WesleySr
04-13-2005, 08:27 PM
All you need to do is visit
http://search.bbb.org/search.html
Type "KEBco", "Newnan" and lastly click on "GA".

Kintoun

Thanks for the info. I just finished filing my complaint with the BBB. Let's see if Ken replies to my emails now.

stillakid
04-13-2005, 09:31 PM
Well STilla, at the rate people are dropping, it should free up a bunch of figures.

No, you know what's going to happen is that too many people will file complaints and do the chargeback thing so KEBco will just say F-it and close shop declaring bankruptcy so that everybody gets screwed. :(

WesleySr
04-14-2005, 12:47 AM
No, you know what's going to happen is that too many people will file complaints and do the chargeback thing so KEBco will just say F-it and close shop declaring bankruptcy so that everybody gets screwed. :(

What do you think we should do, sit around with our thumbs up our butts hoping that Ken will get everything straight and give us our money back or send us our figures? I dont think so. He doesn't care about his customers. If he did, he would reply to emails and answer his phones once in awhile. He has time to come in here and defend himself when someone says something really bad about him in the boards, but doesn't seem to have time to answer emails. My figures have been pending shipment since 12/10. I have been trying to get ahold of someone there since 1/26. There is no excuse for this lack of customer service.

stillakid
04-14-2005, 07:48 AM
What do you think we should do, sit around with our thumbs up our butts hoping that Ken will get everything straight and give us our money back or send us our figures? I dont think so. He doesn't care about his customers. If he did, he would reply to emails and answer his phones once in awhile. He has time to come in here and defend himself when someone says something really bad about him in the boards, but doesn't seem to have time to answer emails. My figures have been pending shipment since 12/10. I have been trying to get ahold of someone there since 1/26. There is no excuse for this lack of customer service.

Relax, I wasn't suggesting that anybody sit around. I was just stating the likely scenario. If enough people decide to cry foul and pull out along with their money (chargebacks, refunds, etc.), the house of cards will fall and take the rest of us along with it. There's likely a point of no return when the merchandise exceeds the customer base and it becomes impossible to serve whoever is left hoping.

I imagine that right now, KEBco is flooded with cases of "pegwarmers" that they can't move and a fair amount of ROTS product either in already or on the way. With people likely to bail left and right, they'll get stuck with a ton of ROTS stuff on top of the old and they won't be able to make their lease. It'll become easier to declare bankruptcy protection to avoid having to pay back the pre-charges than to save a sinking ship.

Ultimately, the Almost One of Every Figure Club was a customer owned operation. It relied (relies) on direct customer cash flow in order to pull in new orders unlike retail which can make orders without direct customer request. KEBco is essentially a central distribution point for the loose affiliation of all of us. It'd be like me telling everyone else to send me some cash and I'll put in the order to Hasbro. Hasbro requires a minimum purchase, so it only works if there are enough people willing to chip in on the initial order. If too many pull out, the whole thing falls apart because there isn't enough money to make the order. Or worse, if the order is already made and enough people "charge back," then suddenly I, as the volunteer distribution point, am stuck having to pay for merchandise that someone else previously promised to pay for. If I was a large and diversified company, I could absorb that kind of problem with previous assets or other products, but it seems as though KEBco isn't quite that liquid and they're in over their heads.

I'm guessing of course. They may be very strong and could just be really backed up (understaffed). But it doesn't seem like that's the problem to me.

Of course they'd never admit to any problems like that, but it would be nice to know if and when the Club folds so that we aren't left hanging waiting for merchandise that will never come, not to mention giving them hundreds of dollars to sit on that otherwise could be earning interest in my account.

jedi-cpa
04-14-2005, 10:07 AM
I am not trying to stick them with inventory. I asked only for the refund I am due on items I am clearly NEVER going to get and agreed to purchase the items that have been ordered. 1-44 basic and 1-8 deluxe. Of course I asked for some assurance they would come and that they do not charge me for any firther figures...but alas nothing.

I'm not trying to stick them with ANYTHING. I'll purchase whatever I have agreed to purchase. But not ONE item more... and for the items I will never receive, I WANT MY MONEY!

dune01
04-14-2005, 10:15 AM
I too am in the bad situation with KEBco. I am a member of their "Almost One of Every Figure Club". I missed out on some of the Saga figures, VOTC figures, Preview Figures, and have yet to receive any of the ROTS figures.

It is now been almost 2 weeks since the release of the ROTS figures, and I haven't received any. I have only 2 invoices that show "Pending" with them. One invoice is for the Sneak Preview figures (which came out how long ago?). The second invoice is for 6 of the 32 Basic figures that came out on April 2nd. I have on order with them just about all of the new ROTS merchandise, and all that they even have pending right now is 10 basic figures.

I also have had very little luck contacting them. I have been with them for a while, and been pretty happy, up until recently. I hope they get their act together. They never were the fastest, but this is getting ridiculous.

And like everyone else has said, a little communication goes a long way...

williamc1@charter.net

WesleySr
04-14-2005, 10:40 AM
Sorry Stillakid, I didn't mean to sound mad at you. I am just fed up with trying to deal with them. And what really ticks me off is the fact that he has the nerve to come in here and defend his company on these forums, but then he claims he is SO BUSY that he doesn't have the time to respond to emails.

Jedi Drew
04-15-2005, 09:23 PM
Hey guys, any updates? I didn't have time to call today. Maybe another E-Mail... :crazed: :crazed:

stillakid
04-15-2005, 10:36 PM
I got another charge on my credit card. And the status page is back up again. Not that anything is actually shipping, of course. :rolleyes:

songwrtr
04-15-2005, 11:33 PM
Astonishingly enough, according to UPS, I have a package due early next week. 2 each of 6 of the first 12 Collection 2 ROTS figures. Not 6 in a row, just a somewhat random 6. Speaking of random, KEBco's numbering system doesn't seem to correspond in any way with Hasbro's. KEBco's 1 - 20 are Collection 1, 21 - 44 are Collection 2. That much is clear. So you might think that Hasbro 13 = KEBco 21, but you'd be wrong.

Considering that this shipment represents less than 10% of the figures that were open on my account at the time, even though it's more than most folks posting here have gotten, I'm not exactly jumping for joy right now. Especially since it's clear that roughly a third of what's left is never going to show up, and the rest (half of which remains uncharged) is still sketchy at best even if it is currently out clogging the pegs.

Unsurprisingly, the e-mails that I've sent have continued to go unanswered and the obsessive calling I've done over the past few weeks never resulted in an answered phone. I think I'm well past a dozen individual e-mails (including ones copied to them in three different ways as a single e-mail in that count), and I've probably dialed one of their three phone numbers in excess of 300 times in the past several weeks trying to get through.

I really just want out of the club and a refund on everything that's still open. But when the e-mails that I've sent requesting this aren't being given the courtesy of a response (much like every e-mail that I've sent since January), and I can't get through on the phone despite significant efforts, well, I guess it's time to have the BBB intercede on my behalf. Seems to be the only way to get their attention anymore, and that's really sad.

jedi-cpa
04-16-2005, 08:18 AM
I have an update.

E-mail from Scott. I am getting a refund for all my 2004 figs.

Now I am sure the credit will take some time...and I am patient...the communication was enough of a good sign for me.

I replied, said thank you for the info, I look forward to the ep III basic figs and deluxe figs which are in process and wished them luck in the future.

So now I wait for the ep 3 figs...I hope I get all of them.

I don't know if it was the certified letter...but I did send that early this week...so maybe.

stillakid
04-16-2005, 09:28 AM
I have an update.

E-mail from Scott. I am getting a refund for all my 2004 figs.

Now I am sure the credit will take some time...and I am patient...the communication was enough of a good sign for me.

I replied, said thank you for the info, I look forward to the ep III basic figs and deluxe figs which are in process and wished them luck in the future.

So now I wait for the ep 3 figs...I hope I get all of them.

I don't know if it was the certified letter...but I did send that early this week...so maybe.

Hmm, I emailed them a few weeks ago asking to cancel the unrealized OTC stuff and apply the money to the 2005 ROTS stuff. But there is no indication that that happened according to my status pages.

I'm going to give them a couple more months to get their act together and then if things don't improve (like shipping times) I'm pulling the plug.

Jedi Drew
04-16-2005, 01:24 PM
Get out NOW while you still can. No more B.S. from KEBco. :eek: :eek:

WesleySr
04-16-2005, 05:27 PM
Well, I got an email from the BBB on 4/14 stating that my complaint had been received and that they forwarded a copy of the email to KebCo. I have to wait for up to 4 weeks for a response, but that is about par for the course with this situation.

So far, KebCo has caused me not to get:

SAGA

#34 McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper (Fan's Choice #4)

CLONE WARS

#49 Kit Fisto (Army of the Republic)
#50 Clone Trooper (Army of the Republic)
#51 Saesee Tiin (Army of the Republic)

Clone Trooper Army (Army of the Republic) (I wanted 1 of every color but only received blue)

OTC

'04 #23 Tusken Raider
'04 #24 Jawas
'04 #25 Snowtrooper
'04 #30 Gamorrean Guard

'05 #11 Stormtrooper (Death Star Attack)
'05 #12 Sandtrooper (Tatooine Search)
'05 #13 Scout Trooper (Endor Raid)

I just ordered 2 Clone Armies (green) and Saesee Tinn from another online store. If anyone can help me out with the other stuff, I would much appreciate it. Also, I am wanting to trade the extra Clone Trooper Army (green) I ordered for either a red or yellow version. Also, card condition is unimportant since they will be opened.

darthzirock
04-17-2005, 03:03 AM
I remember back when Kebco first started up and the first time I ever saw mention of their "One of Every Figure Club," and I thought to myself at the time, "Oh, that will never work! Sure, maybe at first, but once they get stuck with a warehouse full of pegwarmers, they'll be sunk."

It took awhile, but it's happened.

To quote the original version of The Amityville Horror: "For God's sake, get out!"

groe
04-17-2005, 08:11 PM
Hey guys, any updates? I didn't have time to call today. Maybe another E-Mail... :crazed: :crazed:

Just wanted to chime in with where I'm at. After Ken asked that I stopped the chargebacks saying he would refund my money when he confirmed they were stopped, I replied that I would only stop them if Kebco refunded my money now. I don't trust them to give me a refund if I stop the chargebacks. Why would I? They haven't kept their word about anything to me in the last year. Buying all the figures I missed at inflated prices when I could have bought them off the peg proves that. Needless to say, Ken has never replied to my request for a refund first. My guess is they will fight the chargebacks. I'll be able to get $150-$175 of the $250+ they owe me back as they would have no ground to fight them. The rest are a little hazy as they continued to charge me for new figs that shipped when they already had the money from previous orders they would never fill. I'll let you all know how the fight goes.

I tried the BBB thing several months ago and have received no answer. Good luck to those of you relying on that. I was never contacted until I did the chargebacks.

To cover anything that might go wrong for me on the chargebacks, I have paperwork ready to be filed to take them to small claims court. I've been saving my receipts from when I replace the figures they charged me for but never shipped. If in fact I have to go to small claims, I intend to get full replacement cost on my figures. A lawyer friend told me this would be worth my effort as the worse the judge would do is say no to the extra but still force the refund of my money. Filing in small claims court is very inexpensive ($10 for me) and if you win, they would have to pay that. There's a really good wesite for it here:

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/consumerism/small_claim_01.htm

They are a great online resource for all 50 states. They tell you fees, dollar limits and where to download forms and where to file in your state. Kebco will have to go to your state to defend themselves. Make sure you print out all receipts from their website while you can. Next time it's down, it might be for good.

The problem is, if they declare bankruptcy, it will be hard to get any money. When a company like this has such huge problems refunding relatively small amounts of money such as we are owed, it really brings their cash flow problems to light. Our money was obviously used for other things and now it is gone with no product to send us. Kebco can say what they want but reality is, they're in trouble. When a customer is owed a small amount like $250 and you can't refund it, you're on the brink. It's common sense. When there are many people screaming for refunds and being ignored and when you can't answer your own phones or email requests, your business isn't going to be around much longer. I only hope we can all get our money back before the bottom falls out. If they declare bankruptcy, we will be the last people paid. Get out while you can. Do your chargebacks while you can. Most credit card companies allow you to chargeback items up to six months old. Mine allowed for 6 months and this seems to be the industry standard. If they tell you something other than 6 months, press them on it. Mine stated 1 at first but as I went up the chain of command, I got the real answer. Get your money while you can. If you wait, it may be gone for good.
Greg

groe
04-17-2005, 08:28 PM

SAGA

CLONE WARS

Clone Trooper Army (Army of the Republic) (I wanted 1 of every color but only received blue)

OTC

'04 #23 Tusken Raider
'04 #24 Jawas
'04 #25 Snowtrooper
'04 #30 Gamorrean Guard

Odd how you haven't received several items I did, yet got other I did not. As far as I knew, you were shipped in the order you joined the club. I received the Saga and Clone Wars you missed but missed the last 3 Saga (General Lando, Madine, Han AT-ST).

Never got most of the OTC that you did. I missed what you did plus about 10 more figs there.

I was never even offered the Post OTC stuff or charged for any. Didn't even know they existed until about a month ago. While looking for them today, I noticed Kebco had several Han Solo Post OTC figs on Ebay (might have been others but I never looked). Did anyone get Clone Wars Series III figs from them?

WesleySr
04-17-2005, 08:48 PM
Odd how you haven't received several items I did, yet got other I did not. As far as I knew, you were shipped in the order you joined the club. I received the Saga and Clone Wars you missed but missed the last 3 Saga (General Lando, Madine, Han AT-ST).

Never got most of the OTC that you did. I missed what you did plus about 10 more figs there.

I was never even offered the Post OTC stuff or charged for any. Didn't even know they existed until about a month ago. While looking for them today, I noticed Kebco had several Han Solo Post OTC figs on Ebay (might have been others but I never looked). Did anyone get Clone Wars Series III figs from them?

I missed several other items, including the last 3 saga. I picked them up later in the OTC line @ WM. Most of which I picked up while they were still on the pegs. I also was never offered the Post OTC, but picked up the first 8 @ retail. I have never heard anything from KebCo regarding E3 merchandise. I had decided that if they didn't charge me for anything, then I would just buy it @ retail. That was probably the smartest decision I have made regarding them. I have not had any problems finding anything @ retail. The only thing I haven't found @ retail is the Red Clone Trooper from the Animated CW line. I just purchased it from an e-retailer for $10.

From where I open everything, I purchased non-mint items from them @ a discount. I think that had something to do with me not getting alot of merchandise.

If I were all of you, I would BUY BUY BUY the E3 stuff @ retail NOW. Don't wait on KebCo. I have several times and now it is costing me. If KebCo does ever ship anything to you, you can always return whatever you purchase later.

rassmguy
04-18-2005, 03:14 PM
From where I open everything, I purchased non-mint items from them @ a discount. I think that had something to do with me not getting alot of merchandise. If I were all of you, I would BUY BUY BUY the E3 stuff @ retail NOW. Don't wait on KebCo. I have several times and now it is costing me. If KebCo does ever ship anything to you, you can always return whatever you purchase later.

I'm taking it a step further. I canceled my KEBco subscription two days ago and requested a full refund, and I am also leaving the hobby entirely. I've had it with action figures. Too much bloody hastle.

WesleySr
04-18-2005, 03:18 PM
I'm taking it a step further. I canceled my KEBco subscription two days ago and requested a full refund, and I am also leaving the hobby entirely. I've had it with action figures. Too much bloody hastle.

Did you email them or call them to let them know this?

If you called them, I can't believe you actually got through.

If you emailed them, you might wanna try to call them, or you may never get your refund.

Just a suggestion.

rassmguy
04-18-2005, 05:32 PM
Did you email them or call them to let them know this?
If you called them, I can't believe you actually got through. If you emailed them, you might wanna try to call them, or you may never get your refund. Just a suggestion.

Well, I started with an e-mail. As per my usual routine, I'll wait a few days without a response, then e-mail them again. This will go on for several weeks, while all the time I'll call and the phone will ring off the hook without anyone answering. Finally, in mid-May, I'll call my credit card and ask for a chargeback, at which point KEBco will write to me promising a refund. (As you can guess, I've gone down the refund road with them before. It's the threat of the chargeback that results in the eventual refund.)

stillakid
04-19-2005, 08:49 AM
To quote the original version of The Amityville Horror: "For God's sake, get out!"

If I have one flaw it would be that I'm an eternal optimist. I can't help but give people the benefit of the doubt and believe that they will be true to their word and at least as smart if not smarter than I am. For that reason, I'll stick with it with the awareness that I might get burned down the line. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it. :)

With that in mind, FINALLY there was an update to the website:

Current News 04/18/05
Episode 3 Basic Pre-Order shipments

We are currently shipping 12 of the new EP3 basic figures. We will continue to receive more of these figures over the next few weeks and will ship them out as fast as we can.

We are also shipping more EP3 Sneak Preview figures over the next few weeks and will be receiving more new EP3 product.

These are "pending" on my status page:

1 2005 EP3 Count Dooku 7.49 7.49 03/14/2005 Pending
1 2005 EP3 Palpatine 7.49 7.49 03/14/2005 Pending
1 2005 EP3 Bail Organa 7.49 7.49 03/14/2005 Pending
1 2005 EP3 Plo Koon 7.49 7.49 03/14/2005 Pending
1 2005 EP3 Shaak Ti 7.49 7.49 03/14/2005 Pending
1 2005 EP3 C-3PO 7.49 7.49 03/14/2005 Pending

Why so few, I wonder? With all the figures that are readily available at retail and everything listed on my status page below, all you can manage are 6 figures? :confused:

From my main status page:

Process Date Quantity Description Price Status
01/06/2005 000 Deposit of 50% 14.98
01/18/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 1 7.49 In Process
01/18/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 2 7.49 In Process
01/18/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 3 7.49 In Process
01/18/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 4 7.49 In Process
01/18/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 5 7.49 In Process
01/18/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 6 7.49 In Process
01/18/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 7 7.49 In Process
01/18/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 8 7.49 In Process
01/18/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 9 7.49 In Process
01/18/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 10 7.49 In Process
01/18/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 11 7.49 In Process
01/18/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 12 7.49 In Process
01/18/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 13 7.49 In Process
01/18/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 14 7.49 In Process
01/18/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 15 7.49 In Process
01/18/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 16 7.49 In Process
01/18/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 17 7.49 In Process
01/18/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 18 7.49 In Process
01/18/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 19 7.49 In Process
01/18/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 20 7.49 In Process
01/18/2005 000 Deposit of 50% 74.90
02/01/2005 001 2005 EP3 Deluxe Action # 1 12.99 In Process
02/01/2005 001 2005 EP3 Deluxe Action # 2 12.99 In Process
02/01/2005 001 2005 EP3 Deluxe Action # 3 12.99 In Process
02/01/2005 001 2005 EP3 Deluxe Action # 4 12.99 In Process
02/01/2005 001 2005 EP3 Deluxe Force Battlers # 1 12.99 In Process
02/01/2005 001 2005 EP3 Deluxe Force Battlers # 2 12.99 In Process
02/01/2005 001 2005 EP3 Deluxe Force Battlers # 3 12.99 In Process
02/01/2005 001 2005 EP3 Deluxe Force Battlers # 4 12.99 In Process
02/01/2005 000 Deposit of 50% 51.96
03/01/2005 001 2005 Exclusive Clone Trooper 4-pack Set # 1 28.95 In Process
03/01/2005 001 2005 Exclusive Clone Trooper 4-pack Set # 2 28.95 In Process
03/01/2005 001 2005 Exclusive Clone Trooper 4-pack Set # 3 28.95 In Process
03/01/2005 001 2005 Exclusive Clone Trooper 4-pack Set # 4 28.95 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 21 7.49 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 22 7.49 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 23 7.49 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 24 7.49 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Padme 7.49 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Agen Kolar 7.49 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Battle Droid 7.49 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Kit Fisto 7.49 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Royal Guard 7.49 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Mon Mothma 7.49 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 37 7.49 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 38 7.49 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 39 7.49 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 40 7.49 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 41 7.49 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 42 7.49 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 43 7.49 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 44 7.49 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Deluxe Action # 5 12.99 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Deluxe Action # 6 12.99 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Deluxe Action # 7 12.99 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Deluxe Action # 8 12.99 In Process
03/14/2005 000 Deposit of 50% 115.86

Just a reminder as to what all of these statuses mean:

Processed page - As product is received your order is processed. The items will show on this page with one of the following :
Pending - This item(s) has been invoiced and moved into our shipping department. The item(s) will usually ship within 7 to 10 days. When product is first received or during peak times, the shipping time may increase.
Shipped - The item(s) has been shipped. You will receive a UPS tracking number via email and expect a package soon.
On Hold - The item(s) has been placed on hold per your request.
Back Order - We are temporarily out of stock, more is on order and will be available soon. We do not have a specific date, but the item will be shipped as soon as it is available. If you do not want to wait, please notify custservice@kebcotoys.com and we will cancel the item and refund your money.

The funny thing, KEN, is that all this OTC stuff is PENDING....

Invoice # 10109

Quantity Description Unit Price Total Order Date Status
1 OTC Basic 2004 Tusken Raider 6.49 6.49 06/18/2004 Pending
1 OTC Basic 2004 Jawas 2-pack 6.49 6.49 06/18/2004 Pending
1 OTC Basic 2004 Snowtrooper 6.49 6.49 06/18/2004 Pending
1 OTC Basic 2004 Greedo 6.49 6.49 04/10/2004 Pending
1 OTC Basic 2004 Darth Vader Hoth 6.49 6.49 06/18/2004 Pending
1 OTC Basic 2004 Gamorrean Guard 6.49 6.49 06/18/2004 Pending
1 OTC Basic 2004 Bib Fortuna 6.49 6.49 06/18/2004 Pending
1 OTC Basic 2004 Lando Skiff 6.49 6.49 06/18/2004 Pending
1 OTC Basic 2004 Slave Leia 6.49 6.49 06/18/2004 Pending
1 OTC Basic 2004 Darth Vader New Hope 6.49 6.49 06/18/2004 Pending
1 OTC Basic 2004 Han Solo AT-ST 6.49 6.49 06/18/2004 Pending
1 OTC Basic 2004 General Madine 6.49 6.49 06/18/2004 Pending
1 OTC Basic 2004 General Lando 6.49 6.49 06/18/2004 Pending
1 OTC Basic 2004 Imperial Trooper 6.49 6.49 06/18/2004 Pending
Charge To Account 45.43
Shipping Charges 5.00
Credit Card Activity 50.43 On 12/10/2004

...which should mean that:

Pending - This item(s) has been invoiced and moved into our shipping department. The item(s) will usually ship within 7 to 10 days. When product is first received or during peak times, the shipping time may increase.

Where the F*** are these figures? Or better yet, why hasn't my request been updated to show that this order be cancelled and the funds moved to cover new 2005 merchandise? It's a simple thing to do and I do have my limits. It takes a long while for me to get there, but you guys are doing a good job at pushing it.

Please get your act together VERY soon and start refunding and shipping or this loyal customer will be no more. Not even a Christmas card.

rassmguy
04-19-2005, 08:55 AM
Not even a Christmas card.

Now you've gone too far!

dune01
04-19-2005, 09:18 AM
stillakid, you and I are a lot alike.

I too give everyone an extended benefit of the doubt, but KEBco is pushing me to the absolute limit as well. My orders and statuses (sp?) look almost exactly alike, except I have 6 different figures on my pending invoice:

Padme 7.49 22.47 03/14/2005 Pending
Agen Kolar 7.49 22.47 03/14/2005 Pending
Battle Droid 7.49 22.47 03/14/2005 Pending
Kit Fisto 7.49 22.47 03/14/2005 Pending
Royal Guard 7.49 22.47 03/14/2005 Pending
Mon Mothma

And then there is my pending invoice for the Sneak Preview figures...

And don't get me started on what I am missing from the OTC.

williamc1@charter.net

stillakid
04-19-2005, 10:13 AM
stillakid, you and I are a lot alike.

I too give everyone an extended benefit of the doubt, but KEBco is pushing me to the absolute limit as well. My orders and statuses (sp?) look almost exactly alike, except I have 6 different figures on my pending invoice:

Mon Mothma

And then there is my pending invoice for the Sneak Preview figures...

And don't get me started on what I am missing from the OTC.

williamc1@charter.net

Hmm, I get the sense that they ordered a very limited amount of stuff from Hasbro and are just doling it out randomly and in small doses.

I've already bought 1-32 from Walmart just in case Kebco OTCs me, but I'm thinking of heading out for the Deluxe stuff as well to cover myself. I'd cancel TODAY if I thought I could, but from the sounds of it, KEBco is just ignoring those requests outright. Although the website does say that all you have to do is contact them via email with the request, so I imagine if you had a copy of the dated email, it would stand up as proof were there a problem.

If I was KEBco, I'd hurry myself down to the local Walmart and clean off the shelves to fill these orders instead of waiting around for Hasbro shipments that may or may not come (ala OTC). It isn't brain surgery to find a way to solve this little problem they seem to have. Unless they're trying to drive away customers that is... :sur:

jedi-cpa
04-19-2005, 10:35 AM
I have my confirmation that the credit for the 2004 no show stuff is in fact in process, which is good. I will give it a month to show on the account...if not...we're gonna have a problem.

I did not infact get confirmation that my cancellation has been received, but I will say this...if anything else above the 44 basic and the 8 deluxe show up on my in process list...that will do it...I will officially take a trip to GA (I'll be there in June anyway)...it's a big state, but I'll venture out of my way to go there.

And I too have my preview items and 6 miscellaneous figures pending...I am anticipating there being plenty of this Ep 3 stuff out there, so I am not rushing out to the store to buy it just yet.

I am actually kinda fed up with the hobby as well. All the exclusives, shortpacks, repaints (I am not buing another republic gunship!) . Some days I love it, some days I want to just put it all up on EBAY.

I must say, the being charged for items that never were there, the slow credits, the non responses all made me angry, but most of all I am just disappointed. I really thought this would be the answer to my lack of time for the hobby and am saddened that it turned out not to be.

dune01
04-19-2005, 10:56 AM
Well, I guess the biggest question at this point is, if and when will any of the stuff actually ship?

williamc1@charter.net

dindae
04-19-2005, 11:38 AM
I did not infact get confirmation that my cancellation has been received, but I will say this...if anything else above the 44 basic and the 8 deluxe show up on my in process list...that will do it...I will officially take a trip to GA (I'll be there in June anyway)...it's a big state, but I'll venture out of my way to go there.

Go to your status page if you club membership has been cancelled it won't show on the page. If it still shows there get your bank/credit card company to give you a new number. Sure it is a small pain but they definately won't be able to charge you then plus you can still get credit on the old number so it shouldn't effect the credit going through now. I should have stopped in on my way to Florida but I forgot on the way down. If they changed addresses then I probably wouldn't have caught them anyway. They have 2 more days to respond to my registered letter then I go to the BBB. If that doesn't work I will try the chargeback. I hope there won't be a 6 month limit on chargebacks because that would mean even less stuff would qualify.

WesleySr
04-19-2005, 03:03 PM
Well, my status page has nothing on it. Even though I am a member of the One-Of-Every-Figure Club, nothing has been added to my account since the end of the 2004 OTC. I have one order that is pending and here it is:

1 OTC Basic 2004 Tusken Raider 4.29 4.29 07/05/2004 Pending
1 OTC Basic 2004 Jawas 2-pack 4.29 4.29 07/05/2004 Pending
1 OTC Basic 2004 Snowtrooper 4.29 4.29 07/05/2004 Pending
1 OTC Basic 2004 Gamorrean Guard 4.29 4.29 07/05/2004 Pending
1 OTC Basic 2004 Imperial Trooper 4.29 4.29 07/05/2004 Pending
Charge To Account 10.72
Shipping Charges 5.00
Credit Card Activity 15.72 On 12/10/2004

Once I get my figures, or my refund, I am done with KebCo. They screwed me over royally during the Clone Wars & OTC / Post-OTC line and I am through with them.

SAGA

CLONE WARS

Clone Trooper Army (Army of the Republic) (white)
Clone Trooper Army (Army of the Republic) (red)
Clone Trooper Army (Army of the Republic) (yellow)
Clone Trooper Army (Army of the Republic) (green)

(I wanted 1 of every color but only received blue)

OTC

'04 #23 Tusken Raider
'04 #24 Jawas
'04 #25 Snowtrooper
'04 #30 Gamorrean Guard

I just ordered 2 Clone Armies (green) and Saesee Tinn from another online store. If anyone can help me out with the other stuff, I would much appreciate it. Also, I am wanting to trade the extra Clone Trooper Army (green) I ordered for either a red or yellow version. Also, card condition is unimportant since they will be opened.

Jedi Drew
04-20-2005, 06:47 PM
Any new updates from our bubbies at Kebco?? :confused: Still no E-Mails back from them as of today. They have had to of received my "Snail Mail" by today.... :eek: I still have some more plans in the works to get my refund. ;) I'll get the ROTS figures at retail. Keep posting updates as I will....Good Luck.

rassmguy
04-20-2005, 07:47 PM
Any new updates from our bubbies at Kebco?? :confused: Still no E-Mails back from them as of today. They have had to of received my "Snail Mail" by today.... :eek: I still have some more plans in the works to get my refund. ;) I'll get the ROTS figures at retail. Keep posting updates as I will....Good Luck.

I received a response from Scott today, saying he was refunding me for all 38 ROTS figures.

stillakid
04-20-2005, 09:50 PM
I received a response from Scott today, saying he was refunding me for all 38 ROTS figures.

Hmm, then maybe he'll send me more than 6 measley figures. :mad:

Jedi Drew
04-21-2005, 05:18 AM
Did he E-mail you or call you about your refund? Also did you E-mail him or send him a letter about getting out of the club? Thanks

rassmguy
04-21-2005, 06:18 AM
Did he E-mail you or call you about your refund? Also did you E-mail him or send him a letter about getting out of the club? Thanks

I e-mailed him a week ago, saying that because of the company's poor communication record, I was leaving the club and was requesting a full refund for all outstanding orders so that we could avoid my having to go the credit card chargeback route. A week later, Scott wrote to me acknowledging that he'd just issued the refund. Today I'll be calling my credit card company to make sue he really did.

dune01
04-21-2005, 07:23 AM
I heard back from Scott yesterday. I had sent them an email checking on the status of my old orders and the new ROTS stuff. In that, I requested for them to cancel and refund my order for the Sneak Preview figures.

He responded that I would get the refund for the Sneak Preview figures and that "We have a huge shipment of more EP3 figures due in next week so you should see some of these very soon."

Nothing has shown up on my credit card yet, but he just sent the email late yesterday afternoon.

So I will continue to anxiously sit, with my fingers crossed...

jedi-cpa
04-21-2005, 08:38 AM
Huge order? That's good.

Hoping to see a ton of figures hit as pending and shipped.

As I said, I really don't want to stick Kebco...I did cancel my membership but did agree to fullfill the purchase of the 44 basic figs and the 8 deluxe figs...a huge shipment might just mean I can get those soon. Hope that is the case.

Either way...looks like communication is beginning to pick up a bit.

stillakid
04-21-2005, 11:23 AM
A reliable source ;) tells me that KEBco has an Ebay storefront and that's how he managed to get messages through. It makes me wonder A) if they're spending more time on the EBay stuff than the rest of us because they make more money that way, and B) if some of our stuff winds up on Ebay first instead of being shipped right away to our doorstep. I don't care how "rare" something is, it shouldn't be scalped at the expense of paying customers who are expecting their orders in a timely fashion.

jedi-cpa
04-21-2005, 01:21 PM
I have seen them doing auctions. I have to say that annoys me slightly. But I have watched the auctions and looked at theeir completed auctions...and I can't say any of the stuff was stuff we didn't get...all looks like overstock stuff and exclusives (they were recently auctioning the OTC Slave 1).

So I don't think they sold any of the non shipped stuff on ebay to be fair.

rassmguy
04-22-2005, 07:03 AM
I have seen them doing auctions. I have to say that annoys me slightly. But I have watched the auctions and looked at theeir completed auctions...and I can't say any of the stuff was stuff we didn't get...all looks like overstock stuff and exclusives (they were recently auctioning the OTC Slave 1). So I don't think they sold any of the non shipped stuff on ebay to be fair.

Except the OTC Sandtrooper, which a lot of people didn't get.

dune01
04-22-2005, 08:03 AM
Did you mean to say Sandtrooper or Stormtrooper? And if you meant Stormtrooper, are you saying that they sold the OTC Stormtrooper or the Vintage OTC Stormtrooper on Ebay?

Kidhuman
04-22-2005, 09:09 AM
He means the POTC Sandstrooper that came out in the transition waves.

songwrtr
04-22-2005, 09:22 AM
I did receive my package containing 2 each of 6 of the first 12 Coll. 2 figures earlier this week. I've also noticed that my account no longer says that I'm part of the OoEFC. My account status hasn't changed any, and I still haven't received a response to any of my e-mails, but at least they appear to have been read.

jedi-cpa
04-22-2005, 10:06 AM
Really? OK...didn't know about that...OTC Sandtrooper...Which one is that? Can you post a pic...I can't remeber what I have and what I don't anymore. I move 6 months ago and have not finished unpacking everythign.

Anywho, another Kebco developement. It appears as though they are listing out the names of more of the 44 basic figures which is good. As I posted in the ROTS thread...I was unsure just what figs were included in the first 44 Kebco charged for, but now at least they are listing them. (not all 44 yet, but progress is progress).

I hope 1-44 is also 1-44 according to hasbro numbers.

dune01
04-22-2005, 10:15 AM
Jedi-CPA, I'm with you. Did they actually release the Post-OTC figures 9-16? If they did, I was asleep at the wheel and never saw them. Here is what I have seen, but I thought that they were just rumored and never actually released:

#09 Luke Skywalker (Dagobah Training)
#10 Darth Vader (Death Star Hangar)
#11 Stormtrooper (Death Star Attack)
#12 Sandtrooper (Tatooine Search)
#13 Scout Trooper (Endor Raid)
#14 Han Solo (Mos Eisley Escape)
#15 Chewbacca (Hoth Escape)
#16 Yoda (Dagobah Training

P.S. I got this from www.jeditemplearchives.com

Kidhuman
04-22-2005, 10:19 AM
Here is the database pic of it Jedi-Cpa....

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showgallery.php?cat=2052

dune01
04-22-2005, 10:38 AM
Orders Update:

I just checked KEBco and I now have another Pending invoice. I now have two active Pending invoices.

The first is:
Mon Mothma

And the new second one is for:

2005 EP3 Tarfful 7.49 22.47 01/18/2005 Pending
2005 EP3 Yoda Attack 7.49 22.47 01/18/2005 Pending
2005 EP3 Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi 7.49 22.47 01/18/2005 Pending
2005 EP3 Anakin Skywalker Slashing

I'm glad to see that someone has actually received some of their ROTS stuff, but I wish it was me.lol I am starting to feel a little better about the situation. I will feel a lot better after I start receiving some packages.

stillakid
04-22-2005, 10:48 AM
Orders Update:

I just checked KEBco and I now have another Pending invoice. I now have two active Pending invoices..

I too have two more invoices PENDING (different figures of course), but I also still have OTC figures PENDING. As they say, don't count your chickens until they hatch.

All I can say is that I'd better have ALL the ROTS figures listed in hand within 30 days or it's over. These things are all over the retail stores and there is NO excuse for KEBco not having them shipped out by now. 30 days from this point is more than generous, especially at the marked up prices.

Kidhuman
04-22-2005, 11:17 AM
Jedi-CPA, I'm with you. Did they actually release the Post-OTC figures 9-16? If they did, I was asleep at the wheel and never saw them. Here is what I have seen, but I thought that they were just rumored and never actually released:

#09 Luke Skywalker (Dagobah Training)
#10 Darth Vader (Death Star Hangar)
#11 Stormtrooper (Death Star Attack)
#12 Sandtrooper (Tatooine Search)
#13 Scout Trooper (Endor Raid)
#14 Han Solo (Mos Eisley Escape)
#15 Chewbacca (Hoth Escape)
#16 Yoda (Dagobah Training)

They were released. I did get 11-13, the rest were repacks of the OTC stuff.

jedi-cpa
04-22-2005, 03:04 PM
Thanks Kid...looks familiar, but maybe that is because Hasbro has put out so many Sandtroopers.

Anywho...all these new pending orders...I still only have the first 6...here is my most recent still in process listing...as you see some of the numbers were given names, some have not been:

01/18/2005 001 2005 EP3 Obi-Wan Kenobi Slashing 7.49 In Process
01/18/2005 001 2005 EP3 Anakin Skywalker 7.49 In Process
01/18/2005 001 2005 EP3 Yoda Cannon 7.49 In Process
01/18/2005 001 2005 EP3 Super Battle Droid 7.49 In Process
01/18/2005 001 2005 EP3 Chewbacca 7.49 In Process
01/18/2005 001 2005 EP3 Clone Trooper 7.49 In Process
01/18/2005 001 2005 EP3 R2-D2 Attack 7.49 In Process
01/18/2005 001 2005 EP3 Grievous's Bodyguard 7.49 In Process
01/18/2005 001 2005 EP3 Gen Grievous Light Saber 7.49 In Process
01/18/2005 001 2005 EP3 Mace Windu 7.49 In Process
01/18/2005 001 2005 EP3 Darth Vader 7.49 In Process
01/18/2005 001 2005 EP3 Emperor Palpatine Force 7.49 In Process
01/18/2005 001 2005 EP3 Tarfful 7.49 In Process
01/18/2005 001 2005 EP3 Yoda Attack 7.49 In Process
01/18/2005 001 2005 EP3 Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi 7.49 In Process
01/18/2005 001 2005 EP3 Anakin Skywalker Slashing 7.49 In Process
01/18/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 17 7.49 In Process
01/18/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 18 7.49 In Process
01/18/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 19 7.49 In Process
01/18/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 20 7.49 In Process
01/18/2005 000 Deposit of 50% 74.90
02/01/2005 001 2005 EP3 Deluxe Anakin Skywalker 12.99 In Process
02/01/2005 001 2005 EP3 Deluxe Emperor Palpatine 12.99 In Process
02/01/2005 001 2005 EP3 Deluxe Obi-Wan Kenobi 12.99 In Process
02/01/2005 001 2005 EP3 Deluxe Action # 4 12.99 In Process
02/01/2005 000 Deposit of 50% 51.96
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 21 7.49 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 22 7.49 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 23 7.49 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 24 7.49 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Count Dooku 7.49 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Palpatine 7.49 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Bail Organa 7.49 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Plo Koon 7.49 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Shaak Ti 7.49 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 C-3PO 7.49 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 37 7.49 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 38 7.49 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 39 7.49 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 40 7.49 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 41 7.49 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 42 7.49 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 43 7.49 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Basic # 44 7.49 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Deluxe Action # 5 12.99 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Deluxe Action # 6 12.99 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Deluxe Action # 7 12.99 In Process
03/14/2005 001 2005 EP3 Deluxe Action # 8 12.99 In Process
03/14/2005 000 Deposit of 50% 115.86

No refund for the 04 stuff yet either, but again...I know tha takes time.

Jedi Drew
04-22-2005, 08:39 PM
Everything is always "In Process." Check out their E-Bay store.
Yea, no new stuff but it's just the principal of the matter that all there time is being spent on the E Bay store. :confused: :confused:

jedi-cpa
04-23-2005, 08:16 PM
Wonders never cease...checked my credit card on line...my refund is there! Now all that is left is the ROTS 44 basic and 8 deluxe, and I am finally squared away!

Kidhuman
04-23-2005, 10:39 PM
Good news J-CPA. Glad you are on the way to rejoining the hunt.

stillakid
04-23-2005, 11:07 PM
Wonders never cease...checked my credit card on line...my refund is there! Now all that is left is the ROTS 44 basic and 8 deluxe, and I am finally squared away!

Those are all PENDING. But need I remind us all that so are the OTC figures. :rolleyes:

Um, Ken, I realize it's the weekend and all, but I haven't seen any UPS notifications yet. Maybe you should think about getting some extra help to get this stuff out to avoid a full scale meltdown. Just a thought.

jedi-cpa
04-24-2005, 05:48 AM
Those are all PENDING. But need I remind us all that so are the OTC figures.

Well, the OTC aren't pending anymore...they just aren't coming. That is what I got the refund for.

As of right now, "Pending" for me is the 4 sneak preview figs and 6 Ep III figs...leaving 38 basic and 8 deluxe "in process"

dindae
04-24-2005, 08:50 PM
I have yet to hear anything from them so I guess it is off to the BBB.

So how many people will be signing up for the Hasbro one of every figure club? The price is $5.99 a figure (suggested retail) and they don't hit your card until it is ready to go.

stillakid
04-24-2005, 09:33 PM
So how many people will be signing up for the Hasbro one of every figure club? The price is $5.99 a figure (suggested retail) and they don't hit your card until it is ready to go.

What's that you say? Hasbro will be doing this? Product straight from the source? :confused: :sur:

Where can I find out more about this?

Kidhuman
04-25-2005, 12:06 AM
I agree, I wanna know too. Didnt know they had it like that.

rassmguy
04-25-2005, 06:24 AM
I have yet to hear anything from them so I guess it is off to the BBB. So how many people will be signing up for the Hasbro one of every figure club? The price is $5.99 a figure (suggested retail) and they don't hit your card until it is ready to go.

Woah, really? When does this start??

Looks like this'll mean the end of KEBco -- there's no way they'll be able to compete with Hasbro on this one.

dindae
04-25-2005, 08:09 AM
They said it would start mid-may. If you signed up at C3 they gave a gold die cast ship (think it was x-wing). The only problem was for the offer you had to start at figure #1. So not too many takers I would imagine since most people there had 1-32 at least. But they did say they would open it up later. Even if you had to go on the site and buy them all individually who cares. they can't really sell out so all you would have to do is check the site and add the figures you want when they come out. Maybe I'm a little too excited about this but hopefully it will be everything I thought Kebco could have been but cheaper.

Jedi Drew
04-25-2005, 06:05 PM
A little update. I received back today in the mail that Scott signed for my Certified letter to cancel my membership in the club on the 21st of April. I still have yet to receive a phone call or e-mail about my refund. I'll have to check my crdit card status to see if a credit has been applied. Anyone else have any up dates.... :confused:

samskull
04-27-2005, 01:50 PM
F.Y.I...

I received my refund from Kebco on April 15th!!!

After numberous attempts to contact them about getting a refund I got drastic. I noticed they had an E-bay store filled with older stuff including a number of figures from the OTC which they never sent me. They had "Buy-it-now" buttons attached - so I did just that. And when the invoice asked for Payment method I selected "other." I had won bids on $180 worth of stuff which Kebco was already paid for (through my deposits in the one-of-every-figure club). This got their attention and they sent me the items requesting I not do this again as the Ebay store is a "seperate department." They credited the other $180 to my credit card right away.

I may not have gotten the OTC wave or even the ROTS waves (including Sneak Peaks), which were all on "Pending" status for months now, but I did get some cool toys I could use and half of the funds which I had already chalked up as being a lost cause.

I feel so much better just knowing that they didn't go out of business with my $360 worth of deposits. I had already purchased a number of ROTS figures from Wal-mart and Target. And have pre-ordered a case of figures from Entertainment Earth - wish me luck.

I wish all you who remain with Kebco luck and hope you do get "one of every figure" either through them or elsewhere. I also wish Kebco Toys luck with keeping their remaining customers happy and satisfied - it's as simple as keeping your promise, communicating frequently (even through mass-mailers), and sending customers something monthly to keep their enthusiam. I know I look forward to getting those boxes in the mail regularly.

jedi-cpa
04-27-2005, 05:47 PM
they sent me the items requesting I not do this again as the Ebay store is a "seperate department."

That takes nerve...that is the part that I think they still don't get. We are (or were) the customers...yet we are the ones who have had to bend over backwards for their phone problems, their moving locations, their working on other departments, their not being able to hire additional people due to cost, their shipping problems with Hasbro their lack of communication.

You don't get shipped your product, you take matters into your own hands and somehow, you are the one who ends up at fault...Hillarious.

And different department...that is a laugh...I wonder if they wear a blue hat when entering the warehouse for eBay items and a red one for their OOEF customers... I wonder how dusty the red one is...we know they don't have different employees for the different depts...that casts money...and that has been made our problem too.

As an update, I still only have 4 preview and 6 ROTS figures in pending...38 basic and 8 deluxe still "in process". Who knows when I'll get this stuff. But hopefully it's soon.

samskull
04-28-2005, 07:16 AM
At the Kebco "Ebay Department" I dealt with someone totally different, Donna Tyson, including a different e-mail address (dtyson@kebcotoys.com). So the people at "this" end of the company's business are doing just fine. Unfortunately, this doesn't help any with the company's "other" end with the new product.

stillakid
04-28-2005, 12:59 PM
I was just going through my invoices, pending and in progress, from KEBco and discovered that I am being DOUBLE BILLED for several figures.

#4 Super Battle Droid
#18 C3PO
#19 Padme
#20 Agen Kolar
#21 Shaak Ti
#22 Kit Fisto
#23 Royal Guard
#24 Mon Mothma

This is because the earlier orders only listed the basic figure number. Then after they got names attached, these figures were ordered again and billed again. So I got double billed for the same figure, and or I will wind up with Two of those figures instead of just one.

I will be emailing KEBco regarding this and everything else I've been complaining about, namely the $50 bucks still PENDING from last June for the OTC figures that never came.

That's it. I'm out. They've proven themselves to be wholly incompetent.

Kidhuman
04-28-2005, 01:06 PM
The straw that broke the camels back. I dont think emails work, reading through this thread.

Jedi Drew
04-28-2005, 06:58 PM
Any updates??? Nothing to report here .......yet.

dindae
04-28-2005, 07:37 PM
I sent an email to dtyson and she wrote me back saying she would forward it to Scott. Don't know if that will help but it was nice to se someone who contact you back at the company.

WesleySr
04-28-2005, 07:44 PM
At the Kebco "Ebay Department" I dealt with someone totally different, Donna Tyson, including a different e-mail address (dtyson@kebcotoys.com). So the people at "this" end of the company's business are doing just fine. Unfortunately, this doesn't help any with the company's "other" end with the new product.

Thanks for the email address. I just fired off an email to her and hopefully this will get something accomplished.

stillakid
04-28-2005, 11:38 PM
I sent an email to all the available addresses today requesting a total refund on all unshipped orders, including ROTS, and also to be removed from the One of Every Figure Club effective today.

But judging from the lack of response others have had regarding refunds and such, it seems that making a request and actually having it carried out are two separate things. If I don't see any response to this within a reasonable amount of time, I'll take further official action with the BBB and my credit card company. The ball is truly in KEBco's hands although they appeared to have dropped it some time ago.

jedi-cpa
04-29-2005, 06:16 PM
Current News 05/01/05
EP3 Club Member Pre-Orders and Update

There have been rumors on some of the forums that KEBco Toys is out of business and has tried to steal money from customers. Of course both rumors are false. What is true is we have recently moved to a new 10,000 square foot retail facility and are currently contacting customers who have concerns about current and upcoming EP3 product.

As has been the case for 2 to 3 years now, about 80% of what you read on the forums is not even close to the truth. We do owe some customers refunds for product that was not able to be delivered in 2004 and these refunds are currently being processed. Many of these refunds are being delayed with our credit card processor because certain individuals have tried to file fraudulent chargebacks on product that was actually delivered to them months ago. The delays are due to the time it takes to communicate with our processor to have these chargebacks reversed. We are currently working out these problems and will have them solved in the next 3 to 4 weeks.

Currently we are continuing to ship EP3 product. We received a large shipment of product today and in the next 7 to 10 days we will be shipping out about 10,000 EP3 basic figures to current Club Members. We will continue to receive EP3 product for the next several months and will fill current Pre-Orders as quickly as possible.

We do appreciate your business...KEBco Toys

Well there you have it...

Jedi Drew
04-29-2005, 07:09 PM
WOW... :sur: You have enough money to move but not enough money to refund people back for product not received. Now the B.S. with the chargebacks, time it takes to "communicate" with our processor ect., and now it will take 3 to 4 weeks??? Seems like you surf all the SW boards and read the negitve feedback and never answer e-mails?. All I have to say is credit my account...is that too much to ask???? :frus: I may have to start figuring how much intrest you also owe me on my credit card.... :evil: :evil:

rassmguy
04-29-2005, 08:26 PM
I sent an email to all the available addresses today requesting a total refund on all unshipped orders, including ROTS, and also to be removed from the One of Every Figure Club effective today.

But judging from the lack of response others have had regarding refunds and such, it seems that making a request and actually having it carried out are two separate things. If I don't see any response to this within a reasonable amount of time, I'll take further official action with the BBB and my credit card company. The ball is truly in KEBco's hands although they appeared to have dropped it some time ago.

Give them a deadline -- tell them that if they don't credit you in a week, you'll be contacting your credit card company for a chargeback. They don't want to deal with chargebacks, so they'd credited me each time I've done this, saying, "As long as you haven't yet done a chargeback, we will credit you immediately."

rassmguy
04-29-2005, 08:30 PM
I can't believe they said that in their newsletter -- their service has been pathetic for well over a year now. Are they actually blaming that on fraudulent chargebacks? Puh-leeeze. They go MONTHS at a time without ANY responses to e-mails, they leave products in pending status for half a year without updates, and they sell things on eBay that people are waiting for in the club -- that's why people are leaving their club. If they cleaned up their house, they wouldn't need to send out such memos to their customers.

stillakid
04-29-2005, 08:31 PM
Give them a deadline -- tell them that if they don't credit you in a week, you'll be contacting your credit card company for a chargeback. They don't want to deal with chargebacks, so they'd credited me each time I've done this, saying, "As long as you haven't yet done a chargeback, we will credit you immediately."

They've had my OTC deposit, around $50, since June of 2004. We're going on a full year here. And this is for product that they claimed was "Pending," meaning that it was ready to ship within 10 days. Obviously either a lack of communication and organization or an outright lie on KEBco's part. I'd ask them which one they'd choose, but I don't see an upside to either.

I don't care what problems they claim to be having, this is totally unacceptable. Add that to the double-billing that I discovered and I see no reason to trust that they have adequate control over the situation.

dindae
04-30-2005, 12:06 AM
I agree this is just more smoke and my rectum will hold no more! The first I contacted them and ask for a credit it took 3-4 days. Everyone that has gotten a credit that I have seen on here goes through in roughly the same amount of time. But if their credit card company is the problem then write a check and make a cahiers check or maybe send us an email and we can clear up any issues that may be cause a problem. I've been asking for a credit for 4 f$#&!*@ months and this is your lazy excuse. And the rumor that they were going under only came up we no one had gotten an email, product, or money short of getting the BBB or doing a chareback for months. WTF are we supposed to think. As far as stealing money goes if you take money for goods and then cannot supply those goods and refuse (or according to their lame excuse are incapable) of crediting back that money then you have stolen it. Sure we can't legally do anything since we preorderd stuff and supposedly their is a slight chance they would be able to find someone willing to sell them the figures in pending status, but we know that's not going to happen, they know it's not going to happen so they should just cough up the credit. It's not like we are sitting here telling lies about what is going on (mainly because we can't know what's going on since Kebco never communicates to anyone). I remember earlier threads last year were bashing Kebco for various reason people like myself, Jedipartnr and stillakid were determined defenders. Because they were getting a new store and branching out we were fine with growing pains but you can only crap on people so long before even the most loyal customer will bail on you. Thankfully in the last few weeks it does look like more of us are finally getting are credits and maybe they will once again regain their former customer service respectability but I would rather pay double on ebay than shop with them ever again. I think my blood pressure is at a safe level again. I hope I edited this enough for a PG rating the version in my head was quite a bit more foul. :evil:

TheBigSloppy
04-30-2005, 06:33 PM
I don't care what problems they claim to be having, this is totally unacceptable. Add that to the double-billing that I discovered and I see no reason to trust that they have adequate control over the situation.

Words cannot express how relieved I am to have found this thread. I have been a "One of Every Figure Club" member since 2003. But I have been struggling with why I should maintain my subscription.

Kebco has been a disappointing service for nearly a year, pre-dating the Madine Saga wave. In 2004, I was billed up to $500 extra for items never shipped, nor received. It took me three days of cross-referencing bank statements to Kebco's online database in order to account for these discrepancies. In some instances, I was double charged. Other cases, I was charged for ENTIRE orders, including shipping charges, but the order was never shipped. Other instances, I was simply billed more than what I should have been charged.

I contacted Scott via email mid-March 2005, but he has not responded. I FINALLY spoke with Ken after two weeks of religiously calling (after sending Scott's email) - I kindly left my name and number, he said Scott would return my call that day. I still have not heard from them.

Without question. Their customer service is atrocious. Appalling. Horrible. Non-existent. I fully comprehend that distribution from Hasbro plays a part in their business model, but beyond that they should have NO excuse, yet they do ...

Ken's excuse is that they receive 800 emails daily, and that they simply do not have the time and manpower to spend sifting through emails. My suggestion is that they should take the money that everyone gives them up front and hire additional staffers. Which leads me to my biggest, most troublesome issue I have with their service ...

They require that we members pay half the costs up front. I now have approximately $1,100 tied up in "backorder" or "pending" orders which date back to early 2004. THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS. I would gladly pay for an order when it is processed for shipment, similar to what every other online retailer does on this planet. However, I am subsidizing their business, bankrolling their pockets, filling their coffers ...and for what?

What do I have to show for it? I can tell you what I don't have because of their poorly, mismanaged service:

CLONE WARS
49 Kit Fisto (Clone Wars, 2003)
50 Super Articulated Clonetrooper (Clone Wars, 2003)
51 Saesee Tiin (Clone Wars, 2003)

ALL of the "Hall of Fame" figures

SAGA
19 Han Solo AT-ST Driver: Endor Strike
20 General Madine: Imperial Shuttle Captive
21 General Lando Calrissian: Death Star Attack

OTC
03: Spirit Obi-Wan Kenobi - Dagobah
05: Luke Skywalker - Pilot
07: Han Solo - Flight To Alderaan
08: Chewbacca
09: Princess Leia - Death Star Captive
10: Darth Vader (R)
22: Greedo
23: Tusken Raider
24: Jawa two-pack
25: Snowtrooper
29: Darth Vader - Hoth
30: Gamorrean Guard
31: Bib Fortuna
32: Lando Skiff Guard Disguise
33: Slave Leia
34: Darth Vader
35: Han Solo - AT-ST Driver
36: General Madine
37: General Lando Calrissian
38: Imperial Scanning Crew Trooper

VOTC
Han Solo
Incidentally, they shipped me four Yodas ...even after I told them in an email the only one not shipped was Han.

Galactic Heroes
Chewbacca and C-3PO

ROTS
Have received nothing. But I have already been charged over $515.

I imagine that KEbco would deem 80 percent of what I am saying riddled with deception. However, I implore you to contact me if you doubt what I am saying is 100 percent factual (SCOTT??? KEN???). I can easily be contacted, unlike Kebco. Feel free to PM me or call me.

If others would like to seek recourse ...I am 150 percent supportive. I think the first course of action would be a registered complaint filed with the Better Business Bureau. Thereafter, we may need to seek counsel.

Good luck all. I am glad to know that I am not the only one afflicted here.

Todd Lindeman
Washington, D.C.

TheBigSloppy
04-30-2005, 11:42 PM
Incidentally, five complaints have been lodged with the BBB against Kebco over the past 12 months. And five resolutions.

http://www.atlanta.bbb.org/commonreport.html?compid=7002401

I will be filling out the online documents within days. And you can too:

http://complaint.bbb.org/(x5100qynu3fd1p55upnihryb)/Default.aspx

Let your voice be heard. And who better to speak on your behalf than the ole BBB. At least it seems that Kebco doesn't ignore them.

Good luck.

jedi-cpa
05-01-2005, 10:00 AM
Hey big sloppy,

Listen, here is my advice, those are a lot of pending and what not. And I am sorry, my friend, they aren't coming. Hasbro isn't going to miraculously find a case of madine wave saga figs and send them to kebco. Anything 2004...it's fairly reasonable to expect they aren't coming.

Write a letter, send every page printed out for all of the old stuff as support for your refund claim. Itemize how much the owe you in a letter, and send it return receipt requested with all of your contact info.

It worked for me and several others here. They may be getting 800 e-mails a day, but they aren't getting 800 return receipt requested letters. I know it is an expense, one we shouldn't have to pay, but we live and learn.

samskull
05-01-2005, 04:51 PM
That list looked exactly like what I was owed - though my financial issues with Kebco are resolved.

I'm not sure what dealings with the Better Business Bureau will do since they are not a member. I suppose people looking to BBB for info on the company before dealing with them will find out some of the details we know on this forum. But which one of us fanboys are going to seek the BBB info before buying online?

I have come to realize that those of us who can't find Star Wars good in our neighborhood had better what ourselves when we rely so heavily on an online source, expecially one who requires a 50% deposit on a pre-order (ala Kebco). I have dealt with Entertainment Earth and Amazon.com (who don't charge your credit card until it is in the box) - and not been disappointed with either. There are a number of other retailers out there as well - as well as taking chancess on Ebay. And with this ROTS you may even get lucky at regular retail Targets and Wal-marts once in a while. So we have other options - we needn't suffer so much for our hobby as to deal with the shenanigans of the likes of Kebco.

I hope everyone either gets their refunds or figures and gets out before they get into even more debt...for toys. This may be expendable income for us adults...but it's not THAT expendable. I know I work hard for my money and I don't just give a charitable donation to anyone...so why should we to Kebco Toy Emporium in Newman, Georgia? What have they done to deserve such charity.

Personally, I'm glad to have this issue resolved as I was getting to be an unhappy investor in Kebco. And I have some friends who were tired of my *****in' and would've visited Newman for me for less than half what I was owed.

May the Force be with you, always.

Jedi Drew
05-03-2005, 07:00 PM
Just got off the phone with my credit card co. and they said that no credit has been posted to my account. I explained that KEBco received my certified letter on the 21st of April to cancel my mambership ect..they said that a credit usually only takes 2 to 4 days to post to an account. They gave me the #er to the fraud dept. and will be sending me an affidavit to fill out and be notarized. I wish it didn't have to go this far KEBco but when you don't supply product to people you have to do what you have to do to get your money back. :eek: Please post any up dates......

jedi-cpa
05-04-2005, 01:52 PM
So kebco took the big long "we aren't going out of business, message boards are 80% wrong" post on their webpage.

Now all it says is big shipment received...will receive more over the next few months...MONTHS>>>

As of right now, still only 4 preview and 6 Ep III figs pending...waiting for the other 6 to move into pending so I can finally expect a shipment.

dune01
05-04-2005, 03:13 PM
So kebco took the big long "we aren't going out of business, message boards are 80% wrong" post on their webpage.

Now all it says is big shipment received...will receive more over the next few months...MONTHS>>>

As of right now, still only 4 preview and 6 Ep III figs pending...waiting for the other 6 to move into pending so I can finally expect a shipment.

I wouldn't count on having 12 figures or 2 Pending invoices as being a sign that something is going to ship. I have 2 orders that have ROTS Basic figures listed as Pending invoices, but of course nothing has shipped.

The first went to a Pending invoice on 4/4 and the second on 4/21...

rassmguy
05-04-2005, 07:58 PM
Anyone who stays with KEBco at this point is insane. (No offense to any of you who actually are staying with them, of course.)

WesleySr
05-04-2005, 08:00 PM
Heck, I have an invoice dated 12/10/2004 for OTC figures that is still pending.

Jedi Drew
05-04-2005, 08:02 PM
Look, I'm out of the "so called" one of every figure club. I'm looking for my refund for goods not received!!!!! :mad: :mad:

Jedi Drew
05-04-2005, 08:05 PM
Heck, I have an invoice dated 12/10/2004 for OTC figures that is still pending.
Everything is always "Pending" with these guys.... :mad: Good luck WesleySr.. ;)

WesleySr
05-04-2005, 08:25 PM
Look, I'm out of the "so called" one of every figure club. I'm looking for my refund for goods not received!!!!! :mad: :mad:

I have been trying to get out for over a month. It has been 3 weeks since I filed my claim with the BBB and I still have not heard anything from KebCo. I am telling all of you, they are probably filing bankruptcy right now. If they were not, they would have done processed all of these refunds and started shipping stuff.

WesleySr
05-04-2005, 08:51 PM
Does anyone have any email addresses for anyone @ KebCo other than:

custservice@kebcotoys.com
sbarnette@kebcotoys.com
dtyson@kebcotoys.com

If so, please post them.

stillakid
05-04-2005, 10:22 PM
I sent them my official email days ago with no response, so now I have to send the certified letter.

Me not a happy camper right now.

dindae
05-05-2005, 07:45 AM
I sent them my official email days ago with no response, so now I have to send the certified letter.

Me not a happy camper right now.

In about 3 months you'll have caught up to the rest of us. :D

rassmguy
05-09-2005, 02:09 PM
So, any updates on this front? Has anyone received more figures? How about the refunds?

dune01
05-09-2005, 02:21 PM
I haven't seen cr@p. I guess we will see how this works out:

From KEBco's Main Page:
"Current News 05/01/05
EP3 Club Member Pre-Orders and Update

Currently we are continuing to ship EP3 product. We received a large shipment of product today and in the next 7 to 10 days we will be shipping out about 10,000 EP3 basic figures to current Club Members. We will continue to receive EP3 product for the next several months and will fill current Pre-Orders as quickly as possible.

We do appreciate your business...KEBco Toys"

According to my math, Wednesday is the 11th, which would be 10 days from when this was posted on their site.

samskull
05-09-2005, 03:13 PM
If you count "business days" you could wait up to four more days on that deadline...but this is Kebco so...possibly an eternity.

stillakid
05-09-2005, 04:01 PM
I just received a ROTS shipment from KEBco over the weekend with 6 figures in it. I mailed my certified "cancel and refund" letter Thursday, so that means that this shipment and my letter crossed in the mail. This shipment still reads as "pending" on the status page at KEBco and I have heard nothing at all from KEBco regarding the letter.

If necessary, I'll eat the cost of the ordered and shipped items but they had better remove and refund the double-orders soon.

samskull
05-09-2005, 04:14 PM
I bet those six figures made it all worth while.

Note the sarcasm.

mrshiny
05-09-2005, 05:48 PM
Sending my letter today. I'm keeping the recent stuff open, but asking for a refund on everything older - back to the EP2 figures I still show as "ordered" back in January 2003!

I'll let you know how it comes out.

Jedi Drew
05-09-2005, 06:13 PM
I just received a ROTS shipment from KEBco over the weekend with 6 figures in it. I mailed my certified "cancel and refund" letter Thursday, so that means that this shipment and my letter crossed in the mail. This shipment still reads as "pending" on the status page at KEBco and I have heard nothing at all from KEBco regarding the letter.

If necessary, I'll eat the cost of the ordered and shipped items but they had better remove and refund the double-orders soon.

Oh, my you actually received a shippment :eek: . Good for you not to be a smart a@@. I still have to call my credit card co. to see if my refund has been posted to my account. Well, today I found #41 thru #44 at Target... :cool: Post any updates as I will.

stillakid
05-09-2005, 06:50 PM
Oh, my you actually received a shippment :eek: . Good for you
Except that I asked them to cancel everything in an email sent in April. Seems they're on top of the emails. :rolleyes:

I totally believe that they will ship everything ROTS related that everyone has ordered, however it's my lack of confidence in their business practices that is driving me out. They failed to deliver on promised goods twice from preorders and never acknowledged an additional non-club order I made a year or so back. Add that to the double-orders and double-billing and the lack of refund from last June and we're done. The trust is gone.

groe
05-09-2005, 08:44 PM
Been awhile since I posted an update so I figured I'd jump in. Today I received notification from my credit card companythat my first charge back was considered permanent. I have several more to go. Kebco is fighting 3 of my chargebacks right now. I suppose I'm one of the fraudulent chargebackers they were talking about in their newsletter. Never mind Ken admitted to owing me the money (just not the money charged back). It was a different $175 apparently. My credit card company asked me for clarification so I told them I hadn't received merchandise I was charged for. I'm debating on dropping the fight on the 3 they are challenging just so I can take them to court. Told Ken I'd stop the chargebacks when I got a refund but he never responded. I haven't heard from them in over a month though I got a big laugh from their newsletter. Still can't believe how they've tried to swindel us out of our money. Also can't believe anyone would continue to do business with such a dishonest company but sometimes people need to be kicked in the head several times before they get a clue. I'm looking forward to joining Hasbro's "One of Every Figure Club". Good luck to those of you still trying to get your money back.

Greg

dindae
05-09-2005, 11:34 PM
If you count "business days" you could wait up to four more days on that deadline...but this is Kebco so...possibly an eternity.
If you count business days as days someone actually works it could be very long indeed. :eek:

Zabbaca
05-10-2005, 11:37 AM
:dis: I myself have had problems here as well, what I think should be done is that a rating system should be created in which Sir Steve's Guide members rate the Sponsors sites on

1. Customer service.

2. Competitive pricing.

3. Product availability.

4. Reliable shipping times.

5. Overall customer satisfaction.

:classic: This way members know when and where to spend their money.

samskull
05-10-2005, 12:44 PM
That sounds like a great idea for a thread. I wonder where Kebco will rate? Hmm...

dune01
05-10-2005, 01:21 PM
That depends on if you can put negative numbers or not...

dr_evazan22
05-10-2005, 10:51 PM
From a business standpoint I don't think that's a great idea. SSG is not telling us who to shop from, in fact they're not telling us to shop on line at all. But those that do help support the site that we have all come to know and love, we should tell them they suck and not let them advertise?

I don't drink Pepsi, but that doesn't mean I boycott all the places they advertise.

I think your already giving great feedback here. This thread, "Trouble With KebCo" is 25 pages long, with this post being the 245th. What better feedback do you need? then of course there are all the threads about Brian's Toys and how they suck.

mrshiny
05-10-2005, 11:57 PM
Pepsi is a soft drink. All it promnises is to be a soft drink. Kebco promies "one of every figure." I see a fundamental difference.

It's sad that Kebco is afraid to just face up and work on contacting every person (BEFORE getting a refund request) to say, look, this is what we have and what we probably will never have. I don't think they are out to rip people off, and I'm sure they have open orders for the unfufilled merchandise that have not been cancelled. But I'm guesssing, as they have several hundred of my dollars and I have no definite word from them. Not so much as an autoreply.

Why wouldn't we want to do everything in our power to stop others from falling into the same trap?

I hope they straighten out. I still am keeping my Ep III orders open in hopes that my figures are among the 10,000 shipping. I'm just disgusted that they think so little of their customers not to level with them.

Zabbaca
05-11-2005, 12:02 AM
:classic: I think itís a great idea! You have tons of magazine that inform game enthusiasts about up and coming games, and Car magazines that do the same about auto dealers and car manufactures, why not have a section that gives you information about who you are buying from? :evil: Only companies that have something to fear and hide would be against something like this, those that put their customers first have nothing to fear.

:greedy: Its common sense capitalism, I for one want to get the most for my hard earned cash.

Kidhuman
05-11-2005, 12:49 AM
I have to agree with Dr E. Kebco, Brians Toys, TRU and all the places that advertise here, help keep this site open for free. I enjoy coming here and reading about SW merch. Rating a business and voting them off is absurd. Tell you what, if it wasnt for them, how many of us would be here right now. While they may not give you your figures, they sure as heck give you a place to b**ch about them.

Zabbaca
05-11-2005, 09:06 AM
Hi Kid,

:sur: I donít think it's absurd at all, think about it, we are not saying that we would like for these business to go away or anything. We just want them to be a little more accountable for their business practices. We are a symbiotic group here, they need us as much as we need them, we just want them to be more honest, and accountable. We are their bread and butter, and we rely on them for their product.

:neutral: This is not about banning anyone at all.

Kidhuman
05-11-2005, 10:13 AM
I know this thread isnt Zabacca, but there is one elsewhere on the board that is saying that. I thiunk that complaining and discussing situations such as this thread is good, not getting hostile or anything, its been kept in line. The busnesses get rated by the amount of selling they do. They can tell when something is wrong.