PDA

View Full Version : Official E3 Trailer Thread (No Spoilers)

SirSteve
11-04-2004, 12:36 PM
Since the trailer is out, I don't consider it a spoiler so...... what does everyone think of it?

hango fett
11-04-2004, 12:37 PM
how do you get to it? is it only out now for AOL???
HF

Kidhuman
11-04-2004, 12:40 PM
tomorrow, www.bejedi.com will have it up.I have not watched it yet either, as I dont use AOL nor have Hyperspace. Unless someonew wants to pm me their login, I will wait until tomorrow.

hango fett
11-04-2004, 12:47 PM
well, i have HS, but when i click on the link to it, it gives me the same thing that has been on there since october 20th. someone help!
HF

Kidhuman
11-04-2004, 01:01 PM
Dude that trailer was awesome. I loved it. Gave me chills.

hango fett
11-04-2004, 02:06 PM
wow....that sums it up....wow...
HF

JEDIpartner
11-04-2004, 02:14 PM
Glad you got to see it at last!!!

TheDarthVader
11-04-2004, 04:36 PM
Wow. Simply awesome! That trailer made my skin crawl. Why does May have to be so far away? This could turn out to be one of the best star wars movies ever!!!!

B.
TDV

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-04-2004, 05:15 PM
This trailer freakin rocks! I love the use of old footage as well as new stuff. Using Obi-Wan's monologue from ANH was a great touch!

Vader's voice sounds like James Earl Jones, but doing Hayden's accent ("master"). That was a nice touch.

Mace Windu looks to be in a Coruscant building with his saber lit! And fighting a Sith!

The Coruscant space fight looks sweet, with the Jedi Starfighters and ARC-170s!

Hundreds of Wookiees being led by a fully-armored Tarfful, with our first look at Kashyyyk!

I think Tion Meddon should've used a better orthodontist. :D

At one point, Padmé wears her hair very similar to Leia in ANH, but not exactly.

The duel on lava-covered Mustafar looks intense! Anakin pulls out his old wrist-grabbing trick, last executed on Yavin IV.

Sidious looks disgusting, but cool at the same time. That's definitely him, with that saber, I've seen the handle before.

Where's Grievous? What about Dooku?

I can't wait until May!!!

JediBoulton
11-04-2004, 05:16 PM
It is said that you can view it on tonights episode of "ACCESS HOLLYWOOD" -- well -- in Dallas -- tonights episode was on at 11:00am. The word "tonight" is VERY MISLEADING!!! :frus: :frus: :frus:

However, I saw it on TRL today -- it was so SWEET!!! -- No Words~~ Wont even try~~~

Hellboy
11-04-2004, 05:47 PM
Aw man that sucks about Access Hollywood being on during the day. I was under the impression that it was on at night but apparently it aired at 1:30 in the afternoon here in Portland. I've been looking forward to seeing it all day now I've got to wait until tomorrow. :cry:

dindae
11-04-2004, 06:09 PM
It is looking great. I have a lot of expextations so I hope I don't pump it up too much. I also got the teaser poster today. Waiting is going to suck. :frus:

droidekas2
11-04-2004, 06:49 PM
I just saw it on my AOL site and it was so awesome!! I had goose bumps the entire time. My favorite part was the bit with the emperor weilding a light saber and baring his gnarly teeth!!

Long live the SITH!!!

Mad Slanted Powers
11-04-2004, 06:52 PM
Watched it as soon as I got home from work. I loved it. I too liked the ANH Obi-Wan narration. Now I'm quite interested in how the whole revealing of Darth Vader will be on screen.

Let me see here...only 196 days to go. When's the next trailer due?

evenflow
11-04-2004, 07:19 PM
Sidious with a lightsaber is sick. I have to watch it again.

Dialogus
11-04-2004, 07:48 PM
Awesome! Gave me goose bumps too. Love its dark & evil mood. This one will probably be the best movie of the PT.

Now if only Uncle George can forget about his goofy childish jokes for this last one!

Rocketboy
11-04-2004, 10:24 PM
Wow.
That's all I have to say about it.
Wow.

Darth Mina
11-04-2004, 10:24 PM
WOW, WOW I can't Wait May is Far Far Away.........

stillakid
11-04-2004, 11:21 PM
Before I reacted to it, I asked my 9 year old son what he thought. He was excited. He liked Anakin's glowing eyes and was particularly entranced with the idea that we're going to see the fight between Obi and Ani. He can't wait to see it... :)

Then there's me. ;) I wasn't impressed. What's with the frickin' contact lenses? Why, praytell, would Anakin's eyes suddenly become yellow? Huh?

The "rise Vader" thing was cheese to the nth degree. I get it that it is supposed to be B-movie cheese, but c'mon, the rest of the saga isn't that ridiculous. "Rise Vader"? Puhlease. :rolleyes: What a crock o' sh**.

Of course the important thing is the story, but we didn't get much sense of it here so I can reserve judgment until the fat lady sings. :D

JediTricks
11-04-2004, 11:34 PM
Yikes, Access Hollywood airs in the morning? That stinks! I had heard that it only aired at early evening hours, stupid syndication. Sorry about that gang.

2-1B
11-05-2004, 03:15 AM
I thought Vader looked silly with his arms shackled like that and Ani's eyes were all goofy - hopefully it's just an insert promo shot for the teaser or something because it's just silly.

Other than that, I loved it and of course I can't wait to see it ! :)

Kidhuman
11-05-2004, 09:54 AM
Yikes, Access Hollywood airs in the morning? That stinks! I had heard that it only aired at early evening hours, stupid syndication. Sorry about that gang.

It comes on at 5:30 am where i live JT, hows that for Yikes????

ronhudy
11-05-2004, 10:51 AM
Where can I download the trailer?!?!?!

Every site I've seen mentioned so far only has a "preview" of the Access Hollywood show...NOT the trailer itself.

Please help!!!! Can't......breathe.....getting......dizzy........ :crazed:

El Chuxter
11-05-2004, 12:12 PM
Dude, that was so cool, I crapped my pants, yodelled, jumped up to the ceiling, spun around twice, and kicked my mom in the shins!!

Exhaust Port
11-05-2004, 12:25 PM
Anywhere us non-AOL folks can see this?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-05-2004, 06:19 PM
Anywhere us non-AOL folks can see this?
It's been played on some of my local news shows today, so look for that. On Monday, starwars.com will have it available to all, and it's now with The Incredibles.

About Anakin's eyes, the same thing could be asked about Palpatine's eyes. Maybe something on Mustafar makes them go bad? Hmm, we'll have to wait and see.

I still love the shot of the Wookiees jumping forward!

Hellboy
11-05-2004, 06:21 PM
Amazing!! I loved everything about the teaser. Especially Sidious and Anakin's dark side stare. I can't wait for the full trailer.

Exhaust Port
11-05-2004, 09:51 PM
Here you all go....

(Can't post that link. It violates Hyperspace's policy.)

darthvyn
11-05-2004, 10:47 PM
awesome...

OneArmedJango
11-06-2004, 12:50 AM
Hey guys. I asked in the other thread but I diden't seems to have any luck. So, I'll ask here as well, do any of you guys know of any web sites that have the trailer that I can see? I don't care if its a streaming video or to dowload. Please Please Pelase help me out. Thanks guys.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-06-2004, 01:58 AM
You can see it if you have AOL or if you are a Hyperspace subscriber. Otherwise, go see The Incredibles or wait until Monday when it's no longer exclusive.

aharry
11-06-2004, 03:15 AM
I saw at my job (I work for a local tv station) on one of our news vod systems. It rocked!! Is it me or does the color seem really enhanced, like the reds are really deep red and the explosions are really detailed? Maybe this is because I watched it about ten times today showing it to other people in the station. Anyway, the colors seem really rich and distinct.

Devo
11-07-2004, 11:11 AM
Well I'm slightly excited about seeing it now whereas before I was indifferent. I expect it will be a small improvement over the previous two but nothing to challenge the OT. I love the bit where Anakin grabs Obi by the throat and am interested in seeing Kasshyyk and that army of wookies.

At the risk of bringing down a hailstorm of rolleyes smilies did anyone else notice how obviously CGI most of it was, particular where we see R2 and 3PO?

Slicker
11-07-2004, 03:19 PM
As soon as I saw the green Lucasfilm I got goosebumps. The trailer amazed me. It got me totally geeked for the movie and like many of you my favorite part was Sidious with a lightsaber. Damn I can't wait. Is it May yet......is it May yet......is it May yet. Someone let me know when it's May.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-07-2004, 06:49 PM
What? C-3PO and R2-D2 on the Tantive IV aren't CG. R2 is CG when he's jumping back from something, but they're both real in the Blockade Runner.

plasticfetish
11-08-2004, 05:41 AM
My, my, my... looks like GOOD stuff! (I really hope so anyway.)

Do we want me to post stills from the trailer here? I suppose I should find out if it's OK first.

Like this...

droidekas2
11-08-2004, 01:58 PM
Alright PlasticFetish!! That is my favorite image from the trailer, that I was mentioning in my previous post. Hopefully, in the movie, we will get to see Palpatine wipe out somebody with his lightsaber.
We waited and waited to get to see Yoda use his, now after more waiting we finally get to se the Emperor in action. Can't wait!

plasticfetish
11-09-2004, 03:29 AM
My family field-trip to the movie theater today, took us to see The Incredibles (which is great BTW!) Of course, we also got to see the ROTS trailer on the big screen.

Wow.

So, I've pulled stills (lots of 'em) from the trailer, and I'll be putting them up here -- shot by shot.

What the heck...

plasticfetish
11-09-2004, 03:33 AM
...and a few more...

plasticfetish
11-09-2004, 03:37 AM
Just a few more for now...

plasticfetish
11-09-2004, 01:37 PM
Before I leave for the day, here's five more.

The second one, with the Geonosians on spider-walker things, is a perfect example of something that looks just "cool" here in this tiny little preview image -- but on the big screen, it looks REALLY frigging amazing!

plasticfetish
11-09-2004, 01:40 PM
OK. Another five...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-09-2004, 05:53 PM
Before I leave for the day, here's five more.

The second one, with the Geonosians on spider-walker things, is a perfect example of something that looks just "cool" here in this tiny little preview image -- but on the big screen, it looks REALLY frigging amazing!
Those are Geonosians? That doesn't look like Geonosis to me.

plasticfetish
11-09-2004, 10:14 PM
Those are Geonosians? That doesn't look like Geonosis to me.Well... I'd assume that they are allowed to leave their planet. ;) That's what it looked like to me, but honestly, it's a very quick shot.

JediTricks
11-09-2004, 11:15 PM
Aren't they Neimoidians in their regal Neimoidian walking chairs? That's what I assumed they were initially, it was hard to see who was in the chairs, but the chairs themselves looked pretty much exactly like the one in TPM (the base of which was also a walking holo-generator).

Tycho
11-10-2004, 12:44 AM
My friend noticed the dead Royal Guards at Yoda's feet!

I totally would have missed this.

Check out each screen shot of Yoda preparing to unsheath and then ignite his lightsaber. There are red cloth and boots on the floor beside him!

plasticfetish
11-10-2004, 02:14 AM
Aren't they Neimoidians in their regal Neimoidian walking chairs? That's what I assumed they were initially, it was hard to see who was in the chairs, but the chairs themselves looked pretty much exactly like the one in TPM (the base of which was also a walking holo-generator).Yeah, that's what I figured also, until I saw the trailer in the theatre. The riders are more bug like, and all hunched over -- I'd have to see it again to be sure, but I saw Geonosians. (could be something else though.) The walkers are pretty big also.

My friend noticed the dead Royal Guards at Yoda's feet!Tycho, that's brilliant. I sat there looking at that shot thinking, "What the hell is that red thing?" That's gotta be it. So... the question is, who killed the guards and why?

Oooh. Exciting!

Here comes your other shot...

plasticfetish
11-10-2004, 03:24 AM
So in the previous five -- that first one is the last shot of VADER as he's lifted up. My son gasped when he saw it. (Notice how small Hayden's hands and arms look. He's no David Prowse.) The second one shows a fighter with TIE type wings chasing a Jedi fighter (I think?) Three is pretty obvious. Four shows Yoda ready to battle someone (there's the other "Royal Guard" to the right.) The CG Yoda thing really does seem even better in this film. The hair looks perfect -- I know these are small photos, but I'm impressed. Five shows that TIE like fighter (even the front of the cockpit looks like it) and we can see R2-D2 there I think. I'd guess maybe this is Anakin?

-----

It really gets cooking with the next five! First, Mace turns with his blade lit to a RED saber. Second, Mace fighting pretty aggresively against a serious enemy. Third... Wookies! Fourth, Tion Meddon. Fifth, fire fighter ships at work.

plasticfetish
11-10-2004, 03:35 AM
More.

First, "You wouldn't like me when I'm angry." Second, R2 hiding. Third, hugs. Fourth, what a great looking shot, a volcano planet with that great reflective ship heading toward (away from?) it. Fifth... the moment we've all been waiting for.

Exhaust Port
11-10-2004, 09:13 AM
Wow, thanks for the screen captures Plasticfetish. No matter how many times I've watched it it's amazing much I missed.

Fifth, fire fighter ships at work.

I assumed when I saw those ships that they were shooting some sort of electricity weapon at the ship rather than attempting to put a fire out. I'm not saying you aren't right, I was just way off in what I assumed I was seeing. :)

I liked just about everything new that we saw in the trailer. The one thing that did stick out that I didn't like is that it appears that R2D2 at the end of the trailer is completely CGI. (the scene where he hides behind corner). Why would they have to resort to CGI with a character that has been "real" since movie 1?

dindae
11-10-2004, 09:31 AM
maybe the whole scene is cgi so instead of building a set they just cut the corner.

Rocketboy
11-10-2004, 09:46 AM
Why would they have to resort to CGI with a character that has been "real" since movie 1?But there were CG shots of Artoo in TPM and AOTC.

plasticfetish
11-10-2004, 10:42 AM
Wow, thanks for the screen captures Plasticfetish. No matter how many times I've watched it it's amazing much I missed.No problem, and yeah... seeing it on the big screen was a big help. Things tend, obviously, to be a bit more clear. ;)

The one thing that did stick out that I didn't like is that it appears that R2D2 at the end of the trailer is completely CGI. (the scene where he hides behind corner). Why would they have to resort to CGI with a character that has been "real" since movie 1?I'd have to assume, that given the full context of the scene (whatever it is) that there's a reason. Probably, but I really don't know for sure, something happens to R2 that they couldn't do with a remote droid, or with Kenny inside. (Or yeah, it was just cheaper to do CG.)

-----

OK, almost done, five more...

plasticfetish
11-10-2004, 10:50 AM
In the last bunch, the first one is a battle over Courescant. Second, the old throat hold, (that's a pretty funny shot out of context.) Third, looks a bit like an X-wing -- maybe that's Obi-Wan's fighter? Fourth, fight scene. Fifth, more fight scene. (Have we seen that saber before?)

-----

This bunch, the first one is some kind of landing bay. Second... is friggin' scary. Third, more battle over Courescant, with some kind of huge explosion. Fourth, title. Fifth, title.

plasticfetish
11-10-2004, 10:52 AM
Last, but not least...

Tycho
11-10-2004, 12:21 PM
The "reflective ship" heading away from the volcanic planet looks decidely "Naboo" in design.

It's speculation, but this looks like another one of Padme's star yachts like the small ship she took to Geonosis before.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-10-2004, 05:35 PM
In the last bunch, the first one is a battle over Courescant. Second, the old throat hold, (that's a pretty funny shot out of context.) Third, looks a bit like an X-wing -- maybe that's Obi-Wan's fighter? Fourth, fight scene. Fifth, more fight scene. (Have we seen that saber before?)

-----

This bunch, the first one is some kind of landing bay. Second... is friggin' scary. Third, more battle over Courescant, with some kind of huge explosion. Fourth, title. Fifth, title.
Actually, that's not Obi-Wan's fighter.

SPOILER ALERT! (Just in case anyone's really trying to be spoiler-free)
That's an ARC-170 Clone Fighter. The TIE Fighter-esque ship earlier in the trailer is the new Jedi Starfighter. I have no idea what it's chasing, though it looks like an older Delta 7 Jedi Starfighter (from AOTC).

Are those really Royal Guards? It could just be the walls.

plasticfetish
11-10-2004, 10:05 PM
Are those really Royal Guards? It could just be the walls.No, it's something on the floor. I think the best guess is that it's Royal Guards, but it could be something else.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-11-2004, 04:13 PM
After watching the trailer, I can now tell that it's something on the floor. You can kind of make out a foot in the first shot of Yoda. Those pictures don't really show it for some reason.