PDA

View Full Version : Official E3 Trailer Thread (Spoilers)

SirSteve
11-04-2004, 12:39 PM
So what do you think? I personally thought it indeed is VERY DARK! I lilked it!

JEDIpartner
11-04-2004, 12:48 PM
I can't even find it...!!!! Every time I click on something that states "Trailer"... it takes me to the article stating that "it's coming on November 4th".

hango fett
11-04-2004, 12:51 PM
exactly what is happening to me! i am not happy
HF

JEDIpartner
11-04-2004, 12:59 PM
Efffing stupid thing!!!!!

CooLJoE
11-04-2004, 01:10 PM
I think it was pulled temporarily.

I visited starwars.com and came to a page that had a link to the trailer and offered non-hyperspace people to join, and also had a link to skip to the main website. I opened the trailer page, loaded it up, and stupidly closed it. Now when I visit the page, I can't get back to the trailer. And my history shows the actual link to the trailer, but starwars shows up with "page not found".

Here's the link to the trailer (before it was pulled):
http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/member/episode-iii/release/trailer/teaser.html

I didn't make up the link. Thats what I was directed to and was saved in IE's history. You'll notice it comes to a "page not found".

JEDIpartner
11-04-2004, 01:17 PM
got it!!! Thank you...!!!!

CooLJoE
11-04-2004, 01:18 PM
it seems to be back up now

JEDIpartner
11-04-2004, 01:20 PM
Nice use of old footage and new... that's a great way to bridge the trilogies.

James Boba Fettfield
11-04-2004, 02:09 PM
That got the blood flowing! Good stuff, I just hope it keeps this dark tone that the trailer has.

Darth Grifter
11-04-2004, 03:07 PM
the trailer was so sweet....i'm really psyched up for the movie now...my question is, what is with the red eyes??? creepy, and very dark...i loved it...

Darth Cruel
11-04-2004, 03:24 PM
Was that Darth Sidious with a lightsaber? If so...cool. The whole thing sort of has an "Empire Strikes Back" feel to it. I just hope that as the last Star Wars movie of all time, it doesn't suck like EI and EII did.

DarthBrandon
11-04-2004, 03:44 PM
Awesome, great way to show the old & the new. Sid looks like he's gonna woop some behinds in this one. Can't figure out how he lures Anakin though, must be something that he hangs over his head.

Jangu Fett
11-04-2004, 04:25 PM
This movie looks awesome, I loved the new look of Anakins eyes- vary Darth Maul.

Does anyone have the photo from earlier showing General Greviuos starfighter? I can't find it.

TheDarthVader
11-04-2004, 05:10 PM
Was that creature with the hood and red eyes (with the red light saber) Darth Sidious? I believe it was!! This movie is going to be awesome! I am looking forward to May.

B.
TDV

JediBoulton
11-04-2004, 05:24 PM
Just saw the trailer on TRL -- WOW!!! -- it looks like Obi-Wan get "hurt" during a fight. Did you see Anakin pushing the saber tword Obi's head -- that was GREAT!!! The wookies looked REAL GOOD also -- and did anyone catch -- I hope I am not mistaken ~~~~

The Voice of James Earl Jones -- "Yes, my Master" -- if it was This will be THE BEST!!! :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-04-2004, 05:28 PM
Yeah, this movie is going to rock. I love Anakins face when he's pushing the saber towards Obi Wan; just so remorseless. This is going to be awesome! :D

Kidhuman
11-04-2004, 05:31 PM
No question about it, this movie is gonna kick some tushy.

Val Da Car
11-04-2004, 06:02 PM
After exhaustive review of the trailer (in slow motion I might add) a friend and I agree.......

NO SLEEP for the Midnight show & only 196 days until May 19!!!!

I myself will review the 30 seconds of new footage....until I need to sleep on Sunday

btw Palpatine will ROCK .....note the red saber battle against MACE!!!

InsaneJediGirl
11-04-2004, 07:07 PM
Awesome trailer.Great showing the "history" and slamming into all the amazing action.Cant wait to see the entire movie now.

evenflow
11-04-2004, 07:14 PM
The trailer was awesome, looks so dark and evil. I can't wait to see this.

hango fett
11-04-2004, 08:12 PM
god, i love being able to download the trailer and play it back frame by frame! i will now have a sluw of new avatars! note my vader one now!
if anyone wants a new avatar, just PM me.
HF

Darth Kirk
11-04-2004, 08:14 PM
For corn's sakes, why oh why is it not May 18 already.. Gosh darnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :mad:

hango fett
11-04-2004, 08:22 PM
yeah...if i could only have a time machine...
HF

Sidiously Darth
11-04-2004, 08:26 PM
The Dark Side is stronger.

Hate leads to suffering...jedi suffering.

I have no words to describe the excitement I feel for this movie. If this movie isn't PG-13, it will be on the cusp.

jawamurder
11-04-2004, 09:05 PM
looks pretty cool, too bad the whole prequel-trilogy sucks. :o

Darth Kirk
11-04-2004, 09:12 PM
Jawamurder, hold on... The prequel is NOT complete, therefore it CAN'T ALL suck, JUST yet!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :Ponder: :o :o

mdbulldog
11-04-2004, 09:42 PM
I don't think the hooded guy with the glowing eyes and the red saber is sidious. I can't figure out who it is though. What race of creature is that thing with obi-wan? Trailer is cool, but so were the ones for episodes 1 & 2.

Kyle Katarn
11-04-2004, 11:35 PM
It was just amazing, Alec Guiness talking, action from past movies, action from ep 3, it blew my mind.

Darth_Billy_Jack
11-04-2004, 11:51 PM
is it just ne or are the shots of yoda epII shots pasted on to a new background?
The Mace shot however seems to be in palpy's office....cool

hango fett
11-05-2004, 05:50 AM
no it is not pasted over. yoda never looked like he does now in AOTC. he is alot more green now. plus, Yoda never points his saber at someone in AOTC, he just fights. and i am pretty sure that is the emperor in that cloak. the only other sith guy in the movie is dooku and he gets killed most likely early on in the movie.
HF

aceguide
11-05-2004, 07:39 AM
Great start to what promises to be a fantastic movie.

Nothing gets the blood flowing like Alec's "eveel".

The wait just got more difficult...

JEDIpartner
11-05-2004, 08:24 AM
So... when's the NEXT trailer coming out?!!!!! :rolleyes:

:D

mabudonicus
11-05-2004, 08:29 AM
Heyyyy Hango has a spoiler as his avatar!!!!!!

;)

Kidhuman
11-05-2004, 09:12 AM
Didnt yopu read the first post by SirSteve??? The pics were released, it is not a spoiler anymore. That is why you are not kepper of the :beard:, but second in charge of the :beard: . And according to you, I have a spoiler as well.

hango fett
11-05-2004, 01:57 PM
here are 2 of my avatars anyone can use if they give me credit for them in their sigs. they are of padme' and anikan (not both of them kissing..)
HF

Darth Mina
11-05-2004, 03:47 PM
Padme is taken :D

Darth Cruel
11-05-2004, 04:37 PM
god, i love being able to download the trailer and play it back frame by frame! i will now have a sluw of new avatars! note my vader one now!
if anyone wants a new avatar, just PM me.
HF

HF - Are you sure that is Vaderkin? Looks like Sidious to me.

hango fett
11-05-2004, 06:34 PM
i just changed it. i will be having alot of them on in the coming weeks.
here are a few more you guys can use. my vader one and obi-wan and anikan fighting on the lava planet
HF

thomasandrea-call
11-05-2004, 10:11 PM
Was that Darth Sidious with a lightsaber? If so...cool. The whole thing sort of has an "Empire Strikes Back" feel to it. I just hope that as the last Star Wars movie of all time, it doesn't suck like EI and EII did.
What was wrong with EPII? I am tired of hearing people complain about the story and the way the movie had come out. It is a fantasy action/love story and that is all it is. I keep reading where people would have done it this way or that way and to be honest, to bad, His stories have been good and he has stayed true to the original triliogy. I am tired of hearing people bash these movies that he has devoted the last ten years of his life to put out for us. Be grateful that he has done this and given us more Star Wars and quite whinning about the flaws of the movie and basically grow up!!

OneArmedJango
11-06-2004, 12:31 AM
Can any of you guys help me? I have been looking for a web site that has the teasrer for about three houres now and I have had no luck! My friend and I are sitting here with no more bright idea's. Please please Please can some one post a link on where I can find this teaser? Thanks guys.

CooLJoE
11-06-2004, 03:15 AM
Oddly enough, you can download it at FilePlanet.com

Sure there is a wait (unless you are a subscriber), but its available and for free with no hitches.

Even more odd is that the trailer was available on FilePlanet on the 4th with no backlash from Lucas or anything. Kind of upsets me since it was suppose to be a big deal that only Hyperspace members were able to see it (without having to find a "special" link). Then I come to see the FilePlanet is offering it to anyone with a computer and internet connection.

thomasandrea-call - I fully agree. Lots of people whine and complain about EP1 and 2 thinking its the worst thing ever. Honestly, I loved them both. Some say they hate the love story part. Guess what folks, its meant to be like that in the first place. Anakin falls in love, marries Padme, makes Luke and Leia (without knowing it til later on). If there was no love in the story....how would you expect Lucas to explain Luke and Leia? Its an important part to the entire series.

Sure I think he went a bit overboard on the CG effects, but its probably him making up for what he couldn't do in the originals. Mind you, I'm a full supporter of the TRUE originals (before the SE crap), but I gaurantee that if Lucas had the technology back then (or waited til now to make the originals), they would be JUST as full of CG effects as the new ones (prequels).

And I don't want to hear anyone say anything about the acting. It was as good back then as it is now.

my $0.02

PS - Can't wait til April for Celebrations III and then May for the movie.

mabudonicus
11-06-2004, 06:43 AM
KH- sorry, I couldn't tell your av was a spoiler or I would have called you on it as well

I would not mess with :beard: for anything....
And hopefully I will actually see this thing soon, if it's as good as the hype it should be sweet :D

Elliejabbapop
11-06-2004, 07:15 AM
Bloody hell, I've just seen it!!!!!!!:crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: This is way different from the others, even though I like them very much!!! It sort of makes me sad because after this fantastic film there won't be others :cry: :cry: :cry: Still, I'll try and enjoy the wait before I go mad!!!! :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

ps If you haven't seen it yet go on movie-list.com

hango fett
11-06-2004, 07:26 AM
well, there has been a rumor lucas will do the last trilogy of 7, 8, and 9. i hope he does, but he will be pretty old by then....
HF

Elliejabbapop
11-06-2004, 09:51 AM
I hope not, SW prequels have sense, sequels don't, not at this point.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-06-2004, 10:37 AM
well, there has been a rumor lucas will do the last trilogy of 7, 8, and 9. i hope he does, but he will be pretty old by then....
HF

Ah, i think he's said no about that for the last 4 or 5 years. He doesn't want SW taking over the rest of his life. I hope the Saga is done, no need to go any further with hte films, they're wonderful as is. :D

hango fett
11-06-2004, 10:49 AM
yeah, but it will be borning not going to threaters to see any more star wars movies besides ROTS. oh well...
HF

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-06-2004, 11:22 AM
HF
He's made several official announcements lately that there will never, ever be a third trilogy. ROTS is definitely the last one. He said he locked it up so no one can ever make any more SW films. There is absolutely NO CHANCE that Episodes VII, VIII, and IX will ever be made. There's going to be a TV show, though, but there's no details yet on when it will take place.

I love the trailer, I wrote about it in the No Spoilers thread cause I thought these were the same.

BTW, yes it is Sidious in one of the last few shots. He's holding the lightsaber that was revealed a few months ago on Hyperspace, plus only three people have red sabers in this film - Dooku, Vader (if he uses it), and Sidious.

hango fett
11-06-2004, 12:00 PM
this leads me to ask a question that has been asked over and over...is sidious the emperor or palpy's twin or clone or something? or is it just palpys alter ego?
???
HF

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-06-2004, 05:15 PM
this leads me to ask a question that has been asked over and over...is sidious the emperor or palpy's twin or clone or something? or is it just palpys alter ego?
???
HF
Unless Lucas decided to throw us all for a loop - a VERY BIG loop - Palpatine and Sidious are one and the same, just with different clothes and names. If you'll notice, they're both usually on Coruscant, and never in two different places at once. I believe the "At last we will have revenge" scene takes place on Senator Palpatine's balcony. And from the trailer, it sure looks like Mace is fighting with a Sith in Palpatine's office.

About his teeth, though . . . I guess we've never seen them in TPM or AOTC, he usually smiled with his mouth closed. So it's possible that they're really nasty. They sure are sick in the Clone Wars cartoon, but that's obviously not the real guy. In ROTJ, though, I don't remember his teeth being so brown, like they are in the trailer. Maybe there's going to be a promotional tie-in with Crest White Strips? :D

hango fett
11-06-2004, 05:35 PM
ok. thanks for clearing that up. about the crest thing, only if lucas goes insane....
HF

Jek Porky 2002
11-07-2004, 05:09 PM
WOW still tingling from just watching the trailer!!

How does Tantive IV fit into the film then? that was a bit of a suprise seeing 3PO in the corridor, just like on ANH!!

Also, is there a chance of at least one more teaser within the next few weeks? (we had three for Ep II) Or will we have to manage with the one we've got until the theatrical trailer in March?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-07-2004, 06:40 PM
WOW still tingling from just watching the trailer!!

How does Tantive IV fit into the film then? that was a bit of a suprise seeing 3PO in the corridor, just like on ANH!!

Also, is there a chance of at least one more teaser within the next few weeks? (we had three for Ep II) Or will we have to manage with the one we've got until the theatrical trailer in March?
Well, the first trailer for AOTC, "Breathing," seemed more like a teaser to the real teaser than actually a trailer. So that might be why they quickly put out two more. I doubt we'll see another one for ROTS until Spring.

As for the Tantive IV, it's Bail's ship isn't it? I wonder if Colton Antilles is the captain yet, but probably not. That reminds me though, if they're serving on the Tantive IV in ROTS, then the Droids cartoon never took place, since it could only take place between ROTS and ANH. Maybe they're only riding on it?

hango fett
11-07-2004, 07:20 PM
i hope there will be more trailers soon....i can't stand not watching the first one every time i am on the PC!!!
HF

Darth Kirk
11-07-2004, 09:24 PM
I will predict that ROTS will be a very different Star Wars cinematic experience.. The simple facts: the birth of Vader, the death of Padme, the birth of the Twins, the death of the Jedi, the birth of the Empire, the death of the Republic.. The pattern points to a cinematic experience not seen in 22 years in any Star Wars film; not since Return of the Jedi.. ROTS will eat away at your brain until you are forced to return to the theatre and watch it again and again, until the pain slowly diminishes away from your soul, and stops the ROTS from melting your being..
BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID!!!!! :eek:

hango fett
11-08-2004, 09:50 AM
the hardest thing to see in this movie to me will be mace gertting killed....so sad....
here are some more avatars if anyone wants them...
HF

TheDarthVader
11-08-2004, 02:06 PM
About Palpy/Sidious...I believe Lucas introduced Zam Wessell in AOTC so that the audience of ROTS would be familiar with the "Changling" race. I have an idea that Palpy is a changling. He alters his appearance to look like human Palpy but under that cloak is the true Darth Sidious. He doesn't allow himself to be seen because he is hidious. This is just an idea...so don't bash it too hard!! (remember it takes energy to stay changed into one's "other form"... and also...notice the difference in Zam's voice from the times that she's a creature to the times that she's a human?? Doesn't Palpy's voice seem to vary from Chancellor Palpatine to Darth Sidious???? I think it does.

B.
TDV

hango fett
11-08-2004, 02:09 PM
good theroy, thedarthvader. i like that! hope something along that line is used in the movie...
HF

RevJoe
11-10-2004, 03:39 AM
You can see some more possible spoilage if you view the EP3 Video Game trailer.

http://www.lucasarts.com/ep3/

hango fett
11-10-2004, 06:07 AM
yep. i have seen the game preview. looks awsome. plus, it pretty much comfirms dooku dies at the start of the movie because that is when the space battle over courscant takes place and palpy gets "capture".
HF

TheDarthVader
11-11-2004, 05:05 PM
Do you think Dooku knows that Palpatine is Darth Sidious?

B.
TDV

hango fett
11-11-2004, 06:39 PM
holy crap! i just watched the game trailer again and it shows anikan useing force lightning on MACE!!! well, if it goes by that, then anikan kills mace, not boba like i heard a while ago.
HF

Darth Grifter
11-11-2004, 11:45 PM
holy crap! i just watched the game trailer again and it shows anikan useing force lightning on MACE!!! well, if it goes by that, then anikan kills mace, not boba like i heard a while ago.
HF
i think the quote, "darth vader help hunt down and kill the jedi" means what it is. i think that GL putting that quote in the teaser makes it certain that this was a founding quote of the writing and thoughts behind eiii

hango fett
11-12-2004, 08:27 AM
well, i guess this just backs that theory even more! it looks so awsome and sad at the same time. seeing mace get shocked and then fly accross the screen and fall down...
:(
HF

Slicker
11-12-2004, 11:36 AM
I figured either Boba or Ani would kill Mace because both had reason. Boba's reason is obvious and Ani would be mad because Mace was one of the biggest voices against him becoming a Jedi and you saw the look Ani gave him in Ep. 1.

hango fett
11-12-2004, 01:07 PM
he gave him a bad look? i never noticed that. oh well...just have to go watch it again.
and here are some more avatars! enjoy!
HF

tagmac
11-12-2004, 01:56 PM
I'm not so sure Anakin's gonna be using force lightning. Personally, I think it would kill the continuity, seeing as how Vader never used it. Then again, watch Lucas have Darth zap Ozzel and Needa to death rather than choke them in the super, ultra mega edition of the trilogy (in which Greedo STILL shoots first). :rolleyes:

hango fett
11-13-2004, 08:32 AM
well, if the game follows the movie, that doesn't mean every little thing will be the same. but that is a given. anyway, i was just pointing that out. not really meaning for it to sound like that would happen. just would be awsome to see.
HF

Kidhuman
11-13-2004, 08:50 AM
Ok, Tagmac, not to say you are wrong, or right, but we all know video games slightly differ from movies.

On the other hand, Vader wears a meatl suit. Electricity conducts via metal. Therefore, he may not be able ot use the lightning as Vader. But as Anakin, he might be able to and will in the movie. Again, just pure speculation.

TheDarthVader
11-15-2004, 01:50 PM
Kidhuman, exactly what I was about to write. Darth Vader is about 75% machine/metal and 25% human. I doubt that he is able to cast lightning due to restrictions of the suit. He'd probably kill himself!

Anyone dare to answer my question?????????????????

Do you think Dooku knows Sidious is Palpatine?

B.
TDV

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-15-2004, 05:48 PM
Kidhuman, exactly what I was about to write. Darth Vader is about 75% machine/metal and 25% human. I doubt that he is able to cast lightning due to restrictions of the suit. He'd probably kill himself!

Anyone dare to answer my question?????????????????

Do you think Dooku knows Sidious is Palpatine?

B.
TDV
We really won't know until ROTS, if at all. But I bet that he knows they're the same, that way he wouldn't kill Palpatine, who is commonly known as the leader of the Republic, which is (obviously) against Sidious, Dooku, Grievous, and the CIS.

Slicker
11-16-2004, 01:00 PM
I'm not a fan of Ep. 2 so I've only watched several dozen times but doesn't Dooku mention to Obi-Wan that the Senate is controlled by a Sith. If so aren't there only two Sith and if Dooku's one then that would only leave Sidious. Like I said I'm not big on Ep. 2 so if I'm wrong then call me out.

TheDarthVader
11-18-2004, 01:07 PM
Well, I guess it is hard to draw a conclusion by what Dooku said in AOTC. He only said that the senate was controlled by a sith lord, Darth Sidious. This does not have to imply that Dooku knows Sidious is Palpatine. Sidious may have told Dooku that he is "pulling all of the strings" in the senate and not that he is Palpatine. I keep thinking "Why would Sidious reveal himself to anyone?" I don't believe he would ever do that...not until ROTS anyway. :)

B.
TDV

Kidhuman
11-18-2004, 05:23 PM
Probably because he knew that Dooku will die.

Lord_Setnom
11-19-2004, 02:09 AM
OK, first of all, glad to see so many people still posting here (this is the second time I come back, only I forgot the password to my former alias Darth_Setnom) and now on to what I had to say...

On the identity of that dude in the end of the trailer I think it IS Palpatine...

"Why is that??" well because their faces are so similar... Same chin, same hair, same old man skin...

"yeah but what about the eyes? did you notice he has red eyes? Palpatine doesn't have red eyes!!!" Sure, but neither did Anakin. Darth Maul did though. So here it comes. I think this might be one of those annoying side effects of "Dark-Sideine". My theory is that your body is affected by the negative energy of the dark side, and your eyes are the indicator that you've completely embraced the dark path. See Darth Maul had no conflict. No question in his mind. He was a talented killer, and a faithful disciple, completely devoted to the Sith. But he didn't have the wits or subtlety of Count Dooku, and he didn't give a damn about the Republic or anything he was a Sith who obeyed his Master... Count Dooku, on the other hand, probably never was a fanatic like DM, because he probably was chasing the idea of power but still had some good in him. He wasn't just doing it for the power, he believed in changing the Republic for the good... And then there's Anakin. The boy always had it in him. The power, and the Jedi Philosphy of Dooku, mixed with Darth Maul's devotion and lust for action and a good brawl. Boy did he want to prove to the universe (and Padme) how good he truly was. And to hell with the Jedi and their stupid code, Lord Sidious would not put a leash on him (or would he???) like they did. So then he snaps. Loses it. And embraces darkness. Enter DM's eyes... Finally there's Palpatine. He is just the perfect Sith. His eyes will only change when he's entered battle because he's releasing all of his power, and evil. When he isn't, he remains calm, under control, and never loses it. His plans are known by nobody else than himself. But he has the power to kick some serious behind. And he knows this... He may not be as powerful on the midichlorian scale as Anakin or even some Jedi. But he's been building up. And he finally explodes, which ultimately damages his own body more than age itself.

So that's my theory, sorry it is a long thread but the ideas just kept coming to my head!! It's good to be back again...

TheDarthVader
11-24-2004, 10:36 AM
That guy has to be Palpatine/Sidious! (Oh and welcome back) Anyway, one reason I know is because they showed Palpy's lightsaber on hyperspace. The one in the trailer is EXACTLY like it. Two, not only do Palpy's eyes change, his teeth are sharp and jagged, and he has long fingernails! So I still say that Sidious has the power to alter his appearance. Maybe he is not a changling but alters himself by using the dark side of the force.

B.
TDV

Elliejabbapop
11-24-2004, 01:13 PM
Maybe he is not a changling but alters himself by using the dark side of the force.

B.
TDV
I like that idea :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-24-2004, 05:18 PM
That guy has to be Palpatine/Sidious! (Oh and welcome back) Anyway, one reason I know is because they showed Palpy's lightsaber on hyperspace. The one in the trailer is EXACTLY like it. Two, not only do Palpy's eyes change, his teeth are sharp and jagged, and he has long fingernails! So I still say that Sidious has the power to alter his appearance. Maybe he is not a changling but alters himself by using the dark side of the force.

B.
TDV
About his teeth: they could've been like that since TPM, or before. I don't remember Palpatine or Sidious ever smiling with their teeth bared. It's entirely possible that Palpy's teeth have been gross for a while. Look at the Clone Wars cartoon when Dooku talks with Sidious's holograph - his teeth are disgusting, Genndy must've been onto something.

About his fingernails - I didn't see them as too long but maybe I just didn't notice it. However it's not like he couldn't just stop cutting them.

I don't know whether or not he can alter his appearance, but I find it unlikely. In ROTS it seems like something horrible will happen to him to cause him to lose his hair and eyebrows and turn greenish and look sickly. I'm betting that whatever happens to Anakin also happens to Palpatine. Maybe he rescues Ani form the lava, but gets some on himself?

HomeLights
11-24-2004, 05:49 PM
Here's another link to the first trailer for EP3

http://www.astercity.net/~jerry/full.mov

Slicker
11-24-2004, 06:03 PM
Possibly Palpy using the force to heal Anakin drains his body of his life force and distorts his features.

Lord_Setnom
11-26-2004, 10:11 PM
Interesting... So do you think Palpatine feels Lord Vader is important enough to save his life by using his own powers?? (I mean duh, he's The One... or so it seems)... and on that note, am I the only one who thinks Darth Vader exists BEFORE the suit? I mean it was a young Jedi named Darth Vader who helped the empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi, not some twisted and evil "more machine than man" guy...

Oh and back on my theory (:rolleyes:), I think the fact that Anakin's "Darth-Maulish" eyes are shown right after Sir Alec Guinness' line "seduced by the dark side of the force" is a way to show what happens to boys who choose to walk the dark side rather than follow the good old Jedi Code.

Finally, even though I feel the guy with the lightsaber IS Palpatine, I'm not too sure I'd want to see that. I always felt he was more subtle than that, and the fact that he didn't need to wield a lightsaber to bring down an enemy made him even scarier. His power, I thought, came from his deep knowledge of the Dark Side of the Force. Not from physical abilities. He had a whole army. And Darth Maul, then Darth Tyranus, then Darth Vader. Those guys were his hitmen, his muscle, and their skills with a lightsaber were so great he probably didn't need to actually get down and dirty. Oh well, one more idea put down by this new trilogy :dead:

Slicker
11-27-2004, 11:48 AM
Finally, even though I feel the guy with the lightsaber IS Palpatine, I'm not too sure I'd want to see that. I always felt he was more subtle than that, and the fact that he didn't need to wield a lightsaber to bring down an enemy made him even scarier. His power, I thought, came from his deep knowledge of the Dark Side of the Force. Not from physical abilities. He had a whole army. And Darth Maul, then Darth Tyranus, then Darth Vader. I felt the same way about Yoda. I didn't agree with him fighting in AOTC (but I really love it) because he's supposed to be the wise one that doesn't need to fight kinda like the kid in school that doesn't get beat up because he jokes his way out of it.

Back on the Palpatine saving Vader. I do believe that Palpy knows Anakin is the one and definitely worth rescuing. This is a kid that squared off against a Dark Lord (Dooku) early in his training and lived to tell about it kinda like what Luke did and whatever he does in Ep. III may seal the deal that he is worth the deformation of your body to rule the galaxy.

Lord_Setnom
11-28-2004, 02:32 PM
I love the scene, from a visual point of view but Yoda's "iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeerrrrrrrgggghh" (that's him screaming) just didn't feel right. And yeah, it takes some of the "magic" away, seeing him fight like that. Granted, it's cool, but I'd much rather leave it all in a duel based on the knowledge of The Force... Yoda was waaaay cooler (IMHO) as a powerful pacifist who could basically toss you around and kick your behind anytime he wanted by simply pointing a finger at you than as a maniac gremlin with a lightsaber

Elliejabbapop
03-10-2005, 01:35 PM
Are we going to use this thread for the next (it's almost here!!!) trailer or is there going to be a new official thread?

Billiam86
03-10-2005, 02:49 PM
just a few more hours till the next trailer!!!!

hango fett
03-10-2005, 08:04 PM
wow, it was awsome. i could actually see it! now, when is it on the site? it said after the broadcast and it was just on....
HF

vadersvette
03-10-2005, 08:09 PM
Two Words:

FRIGGIN' SWEEEEEET!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :sur: :sur: :sur: :sur: :speech: :speech: :speech: :speech: :beard:

tagmac
03-10-2005, 08:14 PM
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Guess I was wrong about the scene with Chewie possibly saving Yoda, but otherwise, this movie looks like it's gonna be really dark and full of action - and even the slow parts will be full of tension instead of the silliness of TPM and the teeny angst of AOTC. Ian McDiarmid is gonna be the real star of this one!

Slicker
03-10-2005, 08:17 PM
Friggin' sweet!!! Palpy being outnumbered 4 to 1 yet still lunging. Doesn't get any better. 2 months more people.

JediBoulton
03-10-2005, 08:19 PM
THE HEART IS POUNDING !!!! WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW

Even my wife was saying -- that is so sweet -- May 19th May 19th...

YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE !!! -- Who was the person who got slashed with the light saber ?? Did you see Amy Allen? This is going to ROCK!!!

I will not be able to sleep tonight !!!

tagmac
03-10-2005, 08:29 PM
Yoda vs. Palpy looks like it just might rank up there with Anakin vs. Obi Wan. And Mace vs. Palpy is gonna come in a close second to those - shame Mace has to lose that one. Anakin slicing and dicing Nute Gunray & co.....and the coolest shot of all - Darth Anakin leading the clone troopers through the Jedi temple! :eek: I can't wait!! :D

Sith Lord 0498
03-10-2005, 08:31 PM
My wife said something similar ("Even I'm actually getting kind of excited to see it.")

Is it just me or did they seriously $*%& up Sidious' makeup?!?! He looks like Fat Albert in latex!! Hopefully it won't look as horrible in different lighting. The creepiest part for me was Palpatine lunging at the Jedi. It was so sudden and startling.

Can't wait to download it on Hyperspace and screen capture it frame by frame!!

EDIT: Looks like Anakin cut down Nute Gunray in that scene.

vemnox
03-10-2005, 08:33 PM
My fiancee just said "I'm excited to see it." And if you people knew how much that is a "hell frozen over" statement, you'd be just as floored as I am.

EXCELLENT trailer.

JediBoulton
03-10-2005, 08:38 PM
Did you all catch the imperial shuttle with the cut off top wing -- that was cool. It looks like this movie is going to be rather fast paced -- non-stop -- something at every turn -- at lease two showings of the popular "1134" in this movie -- haha.

I love how Anakin is "searching" -- kinda prying at Palpy to learn about the dark side -- what does it hide -- what can it do for me -- and WHY is it forbidden?!?!

When is this going to be available on SW.com for non-hyperspace viewers -- Monday?? -- I do not remember ...

tagmac
03-10-2005, 08:38 PM
The scene where he's fighting Yoda it looks bad, but the scene where he's condemning the Jedi, the make-up job didn't look all that bad. Although after seeing that one behind-the-scens picture of Palpatine and Anakin, it's not just the make-up that looked bad, but Palpy looks like he's been hanging out with Jabba the Hutt.

General_Grievous
03-10-2005, 08:39 PM
IT KICKED @$$!!!!

Anakin leading the Stormtroopers was truly awesome.

Anakin slicing Nute also.

"You're under arrest." "Are you threatening me, Master Jedi?"

and...

"YOU WERE THE CHOSEN ONE!"

May 19th...a day that will be long remembered.

hango fett
03-10-2005, 08:46 PM
but Palpy looks like he's been hanging out with Jabba the Hutt.
my thoughts exactly. i might have the trailer up if a site comes through for me. well, don't thank me , than malakite. he briefed me on the site..
HF

tagmac
03-10-2005, 08:52 PM
Cool. My VCR is all screwed up, so the copy I just taped came out too messed up to see clearly when paused. It'll be nice to see it clearer online.

hango fett
03-10-2005, 09:10 PM
look slike the site i am getting from will have a hi-res of it up in an hour or so...yippe!
HF

jedi master sal
03-10-2005, 10:40 PM
I was able to record it straight to my computer through my digital camcorder. I've watched it at least 20 times and have gone through it very nearly frame by frame!

Awesome, just awesome.

Anyone else notice the Clone Pilot being blown from his ARC-170 Starfighter in space?

Also and here's a point I'm expecting alot of debate on, does it look like Anakin standing on one of the Mustafar catwalks when a wave of lava engulfs him/it? Could this be the crucial scene where he is burned to a crisp?

See the attached picture for reference or go here to few a higher res version of it:
http://www.geocities.com/swsalerno/Anakin_lava_big.gif

Look right in the middle of the frame. Does that or does that not look like Anakin/Vader standing there just starting to be engulfed?

So what do you all think? (There's so much more I could talk about but I want to give others a chance)

-Sal

vemnox
03-10-2005, 11:50 PM
look slike the site i am getting from will have a hi-res of it up in an hour or so...yippe!
HF

Do share! I've been looking all over.

Slicker
03-11-2005, 01:15 AM
I just watched this again and again on Hyperspace and it's amazing how all of this will be crunched into one movie. The one thing I'm wondering is how Obi-Wan is gonna get out of the hangar with all those droids and Gen. G. in his way? 2 months and I guess I'll find the answer.:crazed:

Darth Grifter
03-11-2005, 01:35 AM
i think that the lava wave part is just a wave hitting a causeway...i looked really close and there doesn't appear to be anyone on the bridge before the hits because you can see a large door far at the end of the bridge before the wave hits...

man, that trailer totally rocks! i haven't watched anything that made my heart pump like that in a long time...wow!

CrunchyNug
03-11-2005, 01:40 AM
I still have goose bumps from it. My wife said, "Wow, looks like your movie is gonna be good afterall. I'm definitely going to the midnight show with you now." Even she's excited!!! That trailer is amazing. The music at the end just gets my blood flowing.

Slicker
03-11-2005, 01:52 AM
I got a pretty decent download of the trailer off of a site and if anyone wants me to send it to them just PM me with your email address and I'll get it to you ASAP. It's about 30 kb.

Fluke Skywalker
03-11-2005, 02:37 AM
Holy Sith that was awesome! Yes, I was blown away by the spectacle of it all, but after (many, many) repeat viewings some of my best hopes for this film were confirmed.

1. The look/cinematography: I put in my TPM and AOTC DVD's to compare and I was amazed at how photo-realistic ROTS looks in comparrison. The shot of the Blue Clone Trooper looks like an actual guy in a suit. They looked pretty darn real in AOTC. They look really real in ROTS. The lighting is fantastic too.

2. Dialog: One of the problems I had with the other two Prequels was the lack of memorable dialog. GL seems to have been in rare form here. There were several great lines and it was only the trailer!

3. Acting: This is tough to say based on a trailer but from Ewan's pained "You were the choosen one!" to Natalie's crying, the cast seems to have really brought their A games here. Hayden only gets a few lines in the trailer but OMG does he look like a maniac. Ian McDiarmid, of course, shines throughout.

That's it. Fantabulous. Gave me goosebumbs and yes, my eyes began to sting just a bit. ANH and ESB just might be ready for some company. :D

Darth Kirk
03-11-2005, 06:27 AM
I have to agree with Fluke Skywalker, from the glimpses into 'Revenge' with this trailer, it indeed does look like the acting has been minimized from cliche to actual acting; the characters seemed more real and at ease, not wooden and one-dimensional.. The overall flow seemed really tight and the amount of story that will be on screen will make this a true roller coaster, a la ANH and ESB.. It just felt different, this time, it wasn't making the point of being in your face, it instead was matter of fact and subtle.. I can't describe it, it was awesome tho. The goosebumps were there for the Phantom and Clones trailers, but this time, I had a tear rolling down my face, damn.
:cry:

Elliejabbapop
03-11-2005, 09:12 AM
[B]This trailer is way too fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

InsaneJediGirl
03-11-2005, 09:24 AM
One word : AMAZING

The trailer was awesome,much better than I had even expected.I was so excited to see what was happening,simply great.Obi-Wan in tears screaming "You were supposed to be the chosen one" had to be the best part for me.I cant wait to see how Palpy is going to take down the baddest Jedi Mace Windu.

Is it May yet? :D Going to have to read the book early,too excited not to :) :crazed:

hango fett
03-11-2005, 09:28 AM
yes...thats what i am saying, jedi girl. when does the book come out?
HF

Mr. JabbaJohnL
03-11-2005, 12:13 PM
This was great! Waiting through the insufferable O.C. wasn't, though. :D It would've been nice if they said it would be afterwards. But I liked the little intro with Adam Brody playing with the toys. Lucky! :D

There was so much great stuff in there, it was even better than the teaser!

I love how Palpatine is now moving his mouth more, like in ROTJ. Very cool.
That duel of Yoda vs. Palptine in the senate chamber is going to be wicked! :eek:
I also love that part where Mace and the other Jedi light up their sabers, then Palpatine's clicks into his hand and he charges! Surprisingly agile for an old dude!
He had yellow eyes when he said "Every single Jedi is now an enemy of the Republic." Sweet!
I agree, the clones really look nice, both in design and execution. Well, anything looks good when Aayla Secura is standing in front of it with massive cleavage. :D
Did they show Mygeeto? There was a place that looked like white crystals, but then I saw a Wookiee hanging off of a ship in likely the same area. So maybe it was a Kasyyyk lake or something?
Nice to see the Corporate Alliance tank will be making an appearance, after it was scrapped from AOTC.
There were many very emotional parts in this, including Bail screaming, Padmé crying, and Obi-Wan saying "You were the chosen one!" Looks like the acting will be better, hopefully.
Seeing Ki-Adi-Mundi and Plo Koon as holographs on the Council after hearing about it for so long was cool!
That last shot of Vader and Palpatine on the Star Destroyer was amazing.

There's so much else I know I'm forgetting a ton. Oh well, I'll watch it agagin soon enough. :D

Tycho
03-11-2005, 12:34 PM
I think that lava flow is a near miss. They'll tease us during the fight with stuff like that.

I think in the end, Anakin will have to fall in.

He'll probably Force-push away the wave in the clip we've seen.

The Unleashed figures make it hard to tell. They could be accurate, but are often exagerrated.

Darth Grifter
03-11-2005, 01:34 PM
so i think that the thing that gets me the more i watch this is the sound that comes when palpy lunges at mace and the others in his chamber...i wonder if it's just another burtt concoction, or if that's a real sound, because it creeps me out! wow! the more i watch this the more i'm getting pumped about c3 and the movie, and the book, and, yeah! wow, i'm stoked!

scruffziller
03-11-2005, 02:18 PM
That duel of Yoda vs. Palptine in the senate chamber is going to be wicked! :eek:

Yea how cool was ol' Palps throwing those Senate hoverbenches!!!!!!:crazed: :cool:

vadersvette
03-11-2005, 06:51 PM
I love the scene showing Anakin leading the clones.
I agree that the clones look awesome. IMO, much better than AOTC, both in design, animation, and texture. Are any of the clones real actors or are they all still CGI characters like in AOTC? They look so darn real now! :speech:

Kidhuman
03-11-2005, 07:01 PM
Anakin leading the clones
Palps taking on 4 Jedi is awesome
Mustafar looks great
Obi and Grievous going toe to toe is sweeeeeeeeeeet

The whole darn thing is perfect. Hope its not a let down

Slicker
03-11-2005, 08:12 PM
Palpy showing no fear in the face of 4 Jedi is sweet. He's gonna make quick work of the first three then take out Mace. This movie is gonna be wicked awesome!!!

General_Grievous
03-13-2005, 09:26 PM
What did everyone think of Anakin's Barbara Streisand accent?

"Is it pawhssible to learn this power?"

Darth Alex
03-15-2005, 08:03 PM
After going over...and over....and over...the trailer, I'm in awe.
Sure blows away the SW trailers from the '80's, eh?

Seriously, 5/19 can not get here soon enough.
The Clonetroopers look great and Ian M's performance, man, can not WAIT!
Anakin Streisand's accent is just wonderful. Maybe Hayden should be eating in the booth when they do ADR work to make him sound like a man....

Maybe this time mags like Entertainment Weekly can quit bit-chin about the way the actors look in front of the blue screen backgrounds; those shots with Obi and Ani look seemless and perfect to me. Then again, I'm not a professional critic, just a SW fan, so maybe I have flawed vision...:cool:

Elliejabbapop
03-16-2005, 06:49 AM
when they do ADR work to make him sound like a man....

That's a terrible thing to say.

haggis
03-20-2005, 02:50 PM
Sometimes the truth hurts! However, the greatness hinted at by this trailer will allow us to overlook a little Streisand voice here and there.

Elliejabbapop
03-20-2005, 03:16 PM
Sometimes the truth hurts!

Meaning the world is full of quirky boys (*cough*take the hint*cough*) who are dead jealous of him of course.

Darth Alex
03-20-2005, 08:42 PM
That's a terrible thing to say.

Yeah, well, you know despite the sarcastic jab at Hayden's voice, I do think he is already showing that he IS a great actor. His performance in Shattered Glass, that movie about an "article" scandel is just great. And, no, I'm not gonna make fun of his voice in that one, he does sound fine in it.
I'm a big fan of the Anakin character, but I gotta agree with General_Grievous on this one, Hayden's voice does sound like he needs a drink of water in the trailer.
I'm just being picky and yer darn right I'm a bit jealous, who WOULDN'T want to star in a SW film?:classic:
Watched the trailer over DSL tonight, showed it to my father, he was well impressed. It is a KILLER thing to behold and these 2 months can not fly by fast enough...to finally see Palatine come to FRU-it-TION(sic) will be a wonderful thing.

Elliejabbapop
03-21-2005, 04:57 AM
Finally, a clever person :) :) :)
ps. I think Anakin's voice in the trailer makes him sound sexy and especially dark ;)

Lord_Setnom
04-15-2005, 09:53 PM
Maybe Anakin was trying to change his voice so it would fit his new tough Jedi persona.

So it was Palpatine. Big shock. I know for a fact I'll go nuts over this fight but I'm still not entirely satisfied with it. I always felt and still believe The Emperor was a scarier character when he didn't have to use a lightsaber to destroy you.

It would have been so cool to see him bring down the Jedi by using the Force choke thing or just the electricity act. This will definitely be a fast paced movie and the best thing is, this time around there HAS to be some good (if not great) writing AND acting because there's just so much that needs to be explained and explored.

Let us only hope this trailer showed us some of those good performances we all expect and is not a few minutes of punch lines and climatic scenes that will support another Phantom Menace.