PDA

View Full Version : 2 different kinds of VOTC Boba Fetts?

DarthAspirat
11-04-2004, 01:56 PM
So I'm at Toys R Us last night and there are 2 VOTC Bobas for sale but they are totally different. One of them looks like the picture from here:

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.news/id.1083/dn/default.cfm

but the other looks more like the old original boba (the missle is smaller, the wookiee hides are pretty much just painted on and the paint job is totally different). I'll try to get some pictures up if I can figure out how to get the pictures on my computer.

Does anyone know if there are really 2 different bobas in the same packaging? or is this some kind of mistake?

Ji'dai
11-04-2004, 04:49 PM
Sounds like someone may have switched the VOTC Fett with an older version of the figure and returned it to the store for a refund.

JediTricks
11-05-2004, 12:48 AM
I guarantee you that's what it is. Since the UPC on the VOTC packaging is part of the clamshell and not the card, it is mega-easy for someone to buy a VOTC figure, slit open the clamshell tape, swap out the figure (or entire card), reseal it and return it. It's very sleazy and costs us all in the end.

Hell, I can't even find ROTJ VOTC figures and some jerk is stealing them?!? If I had seen this, I probably would have lost it and tore the manager a few new ones.

DarthAspirat
11-05-2004, 11:23 AM
How can I tell if someone did this? The cards look exactly the same right down to all the numbers on the back.

I'll try to get some pictures up (and I'll take a really good look at the seal on the clamshell)

Thanks for the input.

JediTricks
11-06-2004, 12:52 AM
There are little things to look for, like excess glue, tape marks around the edges, extra tape, the bubble re-glued slightly out of place, cardboard tearing at the bubble, a slice at the base of the bubble, stuff like that. Photos would be the most telling though.

S3PO
11-06-2004, 06:30 PM
I saw a VOTC Chewbacca card with a Chewbacca: Boushh's Bounty in the package the other day at Wal-Mart. These guys have some nerve.

Samuel Windu
11-07-2004, 09:55 AM
Sounds like someone may have switched the VOTC Fett with an older version of the figure and returned it to the store for a refund.

Yes,that's what I think :mad: Is this usually happen?

Val Da Car
11-08-2004, 08:04 PM
Some scalper PUKE did that to LEIA when she first came out by me.....I hope he/she (unlikely) likes their figure now.