PDA

View Full Version : I gave in to the dark side

Darth Mina
11-05-2004, 12:02 AM
This afternoon I visited a Target and saw twelve VOTC Stormtroopersand a few Fets, I know that I posted before that at 10 a pop they are a rip of from Hasbro and that I would not buy them. Well I saw them hanging on the pegs an a moment later found myself at the register with eleven of them,they look awsome and the card brought back the memories from when i was a little girl and used to get those at TRU. any how They are the best figures to come out since the SA clone which was priced very aforable

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-05-2004, 12:11 AM
holy bananas! Are you going to make dioramas with 11 Stormtroopers or sell them to friends?!!? I ordered all my stuff from wal-mart.com as they actually had all of the VOTC figures for a while. They're waiting for me at home and i can't wait to bust out my extra Fett and Yoda. Cheers! :D

JediTricks
11-05-2004, 12:45 AM
No wonder I couldn't find any ROTJ VOTC today at the 4 Targets I visited for that purpose. :(

Enjoy your figures none the less Mina, but if I see a silver and red motorcycle in the parking lot with a Star Wars license plate next time I'm out and about, I'm taking it. ;)

Kidhuman
11-05-2004, 07:09 AM
You didnt give into the drk side. You joined the light side. I knew you would back from that other post about not buying them. Told ya they were worth it. But leave some for the rest of us next time. :D

JEDIpartner
11-05-2004, 09:33 AM
I've got three Stormies now...

Darth Mina
11-05-2004, 12:09 PM
I got five forme and ther est are for six friends that i have south of the border these particular figures are way too expensive for them so I thought that the would really make for a nice X-mas present. SEE I'M not that greedy ;)

JEDIpartner
11-05-2004, 12:13 PM
We like you... :)

Darth Mina
11-05-2004, 12:24 PM
You didnt give into the drk side. You joined the light side. I knew you would back from that other post about not buying them. Told ya they were worth it. But leave some for the rest of us next time. :D
I'll say they are worth it just because I knew I would not see them again and if I wanted any I would needed to pay a premium plus shipping but... I still say they should (Hasbro) change the package and charge us less. Well I can always dream right?

Darth Mina
11-05-2004, 12:26 PM
if I see a silver and red motorcycle in the parking lot with a Star Wars license plate next time I'm out and about, I'm taking it. ;)
Make sure you make the payments on time too ok :D

JON9000
11-05-2004, 06:13 PM
I got two stormies today and popped one out. It is the dopest figure ever. Now ewoks can get killed with Stormie standing over them execution style. :eek:

Darth Mina
11-05-2004, 06:55 PM
Now ewoks can get killed with Stormie standing over them execution style. :eek:
I would never ever tought of that one :crazed: :dev: COOL

Kidhuman
11-05-2004, 09:09 PM
Yes Mina, we can all dream. I dream one day I might actually see the ROTJ wave in person and get at least 1 stormtrooper

Dark Marble
11-05-2004, 10:11 PM
I also finally caved. I swore I would only get one of these guys but, now I have my army building magic number of six. They are just a little to cool to just have one. I have been lucky around here though, Stormies are everywhere.

JawaJoe
11-06-2004, 01:53 AM
I saw my first votc stormtrooper bout a week ago at Shop Ko. I almost bought it til I noticed the price. $12.99!!!!. No way am I paying that $9.99 is bad enough. On a side note I was back in the store next day picking up Van Helsing on dvd so I strolled thru the star wars isle hoping maybe the price was a typo or somthin. Nope, still same price on votc and the stormtrooper was gone. Somebody musta really wanted it.

rbaumhauer
11-06-2004, 03:01 PM
The biggest problem with the VOTC Stormy is the paint ops on the helmet - I got lucky and got a good one a little over a month ago, and while I've probably seen another 10 or so since, not one of them had acceptable paint - either lots of stray black, or way too little in the eyes.

I have another four coming (hopefully) from my pre-orders, and I've got my fingers crossed that they'll be decent.

Rick

Mad Slanted Powers
11-15-2004, 11:05 PM
These are figures I'd like to get two of each, but I rarely see anything besides the ANH figures. I found Vader and Yoda at TRU once. They didn't last long. Eventually found C-3PO at K-Mart. Had to go 30 miles south to find the last five figures. Ever since then, all I've seen are tons of ANH and one Lando. I think Fred Meyer has an ad where they are marking down the VOTC to $7.99, so maybe I'll get my ANH doubles there. I could probably wait and get them cheaper if Wal-Mart marks them down because they have the most right now.