PDA

View Full Version : A Star Wars Christmas

Huckleberry Josh
12-28-2001, 07:18 PM
I had a great Christmas full of Power of the Jedi figures. I got those really cool 12' bounty hunters. Those figures are awesome! The detail is great! did anybody else get a bunch of Power of the Jedi figures and other Star Wars toys for Christmas?

neimoidian85
12-28-2001, 07:51 PM
I got some, not a lot but some as in:

Princess Leia Bespin Escape (which I already had)
Han Solo Death Star Escape
Gungan Warrior
Mon Calamari Officer
Luke X-wing Pilot

Then on the 27th I found Shmi, Obi-Wan Jedi Training, and Jar Jar Tatooine.

2-1B
12-29-2001, 01:15 AM
I kept Star Wars off the list this Christmas because I've been on sabbatical from collecting for most of 2001.

However, Christmas 2002 will most likely result in a glut of AotC merch.

Obi-Don
12-29-2001, 09:19 AM
I got a few figures and the Tie Intercepter.A DVD player with TPM and a 31" tv to go with it all.I have been a very good boy this year.:D

Jayspawn
12-29-2001, 12:55 PM
I didn't have much of a Star Wars Christmas this year. There's not a whole lot out there right now. But next year will be different because Episode II figures will be out!!!

bigbarada
12-29-2001, 03:56 PM
I got $25 from my aunt (who stopped trying to figure out what I wanted years ago) which I used to buy DX Leia and Amanaman. Plus my brother bought me two Imperial Officers.:)

Wolfwood319
12-29-2001, 04:14 PM
I got a Star Wars desk calander. That's the only star wars item I got. For the most part, I don't ask for "toys" for Christmas. I use Christmas to get the big gifts I'm too cheap to buy myself. Like Trigun DVD boxed set and a GBA.:D

Jargo
12-29-2001, 04:18 PM
My family decided that there was no point trying to buy me figures, as I probably already bought them myself so I bought myself the FX-7 wave which I really couldn't afford but made me happy. :)
I bought Shmi too which is a sweet little figure IMO.

I usually make them buy stuff for my birthday instead. And as there's supposedly a load of cool stuff coming out in February hopefully it'll be a cool birthday in 2002. :D

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-30-2001, 12:32 AM
Interesting little story--

I asked my mother to get me a Deluxe Darth Maul, back when I wrote my list in late November, the only Star Wars figure I had on my list (there are others she could have gotten but I don't feel the need to make her go to 17 different stores so she could find them). I showed her the picture on the package of my Bacta Tank Luke and told her the price and size of the figure. The Deluxe Maul I must have seen at least once at every KB, Target, K-Mart, TRU, etc., so I figured it would be an easy find. Four days before Christmas I am out shopping for party supplies with her at a K-mart and I made a quick detour to the Toy aisle to see what they had. They had a lot of things I didn't need so I picked up the Maul and said. "This is what I hoped you got me." Low and behold she yanked it out of my hand and said, "couldn't find it anywhere, thanks for showing me." So she bought it right there and I knew at least one of my presents before I opened them. :rolleyes:

Darth Rage
12-30-2001, 03:37 AM
My gf bought me, luke skywalker bacta, xwing fighter, darth vader emperors wrath, fx-7, queen amidala in black dress, imperial officer, rebel soldier...
for xmas
:D

Jek Porky 2002
01-03-2002, 03:42 PM
I don't ask for figures for Christmas because I can get them all year round, instead I got a Play Station 2.
But on Christmas Eve I bought Delux Liea, Delux Amanaman, FX-7, Queen Amidala (Royal Decoy), Rebel Trooper, and Imperial Officer all for 56.00 or about $100 not bad for a days shopping.

JediCole
01-03-2002, 06:13 PM
I did not get any Star Wars toys for Christmas for two reasons. Number one, Mrs. JediCole pretty much figures that if it out, and I can find it (or one of my friends can find it for me) I already have it anyway. That not withstanding, the main reason was THERE WERE NO NEW FIGURES TO BE FOUND IN TEXAS!
I have read post after post of people finding the second wave of Deluxe (Leia and Amanaman), the FX-7 wave (w/Imperial Officer, Rebel Trooper, and Amidala Decoy) and the Eeth Koth/Zutton wave. Nine days after Christmas I have yet to find ANY of these. I have left the odd impassioned plea for anyone out there who can find these at standard TRU/Wal-Mart/K-Mart retail who would be willing to pick them up and send them for reimbursement plus shipping, but to no avail. So much for the collector community we all desire but won't participate in at all. Anyway, I don't usually ask for Star Wars items at Christmas as I get so much year round.
However, I did manage to brighten Sith Worm's Christmas. The Future Mrs. Sith Worm really wanted to get him a Sears Blue Snaggletooth for Christmas. She even asked me to bid on one on eBay on her behalf. Sadly, we did not win. But I let her buy one from my personal collection to ensure she could surprise him for Christmas. However, she couldn't wait, so she gave it to him the same night she bought it, a few days early!
Sith Worm, if you are reading this, give me a call some time. Bubba Fatt has your vintage figures!

Sidiously Darth
01-04-2002, 03:36 PM
I didn't receive anything SW related for Christmas, but I did buy a 2nd B-Wing a couple of months ago for $10. I can't wait to open it!!!:p

Grif
01-06-2002, 02:43 PM
I recieved the three 12" bounty hunters, the Tie Interceptor, and a Star wars calender.

sith_killer_99
01-06-2002, 03:01 PM
New figures were NONEXISTANT around here. Fortunatly I found a bunch of new stuff Friday (Jan. 4th) a full week and a half AFTER Christmas. I managed to snag Deluxe Leia, Deluxe Amanaman, Eeth Koth, Zutton, Luke and Leia 25th Anniversary, Han and Chewie 25 th Anniversary, and 1 Non-Mint FX-7 (which I promptly opened to got with Luke Bacta).:D

As for Christmas gifts, well I still have plenty of the older figs I am hunting down. Plus I like to collect some of the foreign carded stuff.;)

Unfortunatly, Mrs. Sith Killer 99 said NO to ANY SW related gifts this year. :rolleyes:

Last year she bought $200.00 worth of foreign carded SW figures for me.:D

So I wouldn't DARE complain.;) Besides, I did get a digital camera, so that I can take pictures of my SW collection to post on the web. hehehehe.

OC47150
01-06-2002, 04:50 PM
This was the first year in a very LONG time that I've asked for SW stuff for Christmas. God love my parents, but when it comes to hot toys, they're just a little slow. But I got the X-wing Luke and DSE Han in my stocking.

I also found the 12" DS Trooper on clearance two days before Christmas. That was one of my presents to myself!

stillakid
01-06-2002, 05:54 PM
Nobody gets me Star Wars toys anymore...cuz they know that I get them myself. Santa did bring me the EP I DVD though. Still trying to figure out the easter eggs. hmm.