PDA

View Full Version : Forum Members

Darth Mina
11-07-2004, 11:48 PM
I was looking at the member list and is really extensive there several hundred people there. My question is how often does the list get clear or refreshed, there are a lot of people that are do not have a single post and registered way back in 2002, so what gives..... :ermm:

James Boba Fettfield
11-08-2004, 05:26 AM
My guess is this: if you registered, you are on the list. And I do not think we delete inactive or non-posting accounts, so the list just keeps growing.

jjreason
11-08-2004, 11:31 AM
I think it's important for sites like this one to have a large membership in order to be able to dangle for sponsorship deals (from the people advertising on the sidebars). In order to seem like a good site to advertise on, they need to be able to say they have x-hundred number of members generating x-number of hits per day. That way the advertisers feel like it's a good spot to have a link up. Of course I don't own or operate a site, so take it for what it's worth (not a heck of a lot!). :greedy: :cool:

Exhaust Port
11-08-2004, 11:55 AM
How about some kick backs for the frequent posters then. ;) :D

JediTricks
11-08-2004, 05:42 PM
A lot of folks register to use the Photo Database or the search feature in the SSG news. Also, anybody who posts only in the classifieds won't have a post-count. So, we don't clear out our member lists, we have members who go months between posts yet still come back when something new in the SW universe gets them talking again. A lot of people like to lurk, some of them take the plunge to register but never actually end up posting.

El Chuxter
11-08-2004, 05:51 PM
And I'm sure JediTricks and Jedi Master Guyote have their legions of Doombots and Mole Men joining up to shift the balance of power from humanity on this very forum! :eek:

:crazed:

lol