PDA

View Full Version : How many other forums do you visit?

Exhaust Port
11-08-2004, 09:55 AM
Not necessarily SW related, just other forums.

I visit 3 other forums about as frequently as I visit SSG but most of my posting is done here. Unlike the other forums this one seems more like a Community than the others. I see SSG as more entertainment where my other forum outlets are a mixture of non-SW work/industry/entertainment.

JEDIpartner
11-08-2004, 10:03 AM
My other main one is "Say Hey" and that one is more of a community than SSG. I enjoy both for what they are, though.

Rocketboy
11-08-2004, 10:25 AM
Besides SSG, there are two I'm a member of.
The main forum I visit is belowempty.com - a Stone Temple Pilots fansite. Some of the people there have been there for years (4 or more). We're like a little internet family.
A secondary one, Comingsoon.net - movie forum. I rarely go there anymore. The people there either suck or are total morons.

InsaneJediGirl
11-08-2004, 12:48 PM
I visit about three others.One is a group where we have all known each other since 1999,so we have a very strong internet family type of thing.The other two forums are just other SW Roleplay sites.

James Boba Fettfield
11-08-2004, 02:40 PM
I visit and participate in the following forums:

TheHorrorChannel.com
Fangoria.com
MetClub.com (official fan club of Metallica...I'll await the neccessary Lars joke now)
OSUweb.com (student run site of Ohio State students, but not officially affliated with the university)

I'm most active here, though. I feel most at home here, also.

El Chuxter
11-08-2004, 02:42 PM
MetClub.com (official fan club of Metallica...I'll await the neccessary Lars joke now)

Lars is a poop-head! HA HA HA HA HA! lol

Ji'dai
11-08-2004, 04:31 PM
I've been coming to SSG for SW collecting news since the early days of the site. This is the only SW site I visit.

I'm also active on the Spawn.com toy board and the fan-run Buffy figure forum BTVSFigs as Jack Panix.

I was a regular on the LEGO Users Group Network (LUGNET) but haven't posted there in awhile.

I'm also a member of "the35pagesled," a forum started by a Spawn board member who always got in trouble for posting frivolous threads, but I don't have time to keep up with it.

Lord Malakite
11-08-2004, 06:13 PM
Forums that I visit besides here.

rangerboard.com - One of the biggest online Power Ranger community boards ever. I know what everyone is thinking, Power Rangers suck. I don't care however. Its my hobby and I enjoy it. Besides that, the actual actors/actresses and even the show's producers/writers/etc. visit the site and talk on the boards on a regular basis. Sometimes they even put in references to the fans in the show or get ideas for episodes from the boards. How many other fans of a TV show can say that. :p

zeldauniverse.net - One of the better Legend of Zelda fan sites out there. And like Power Rangers, I'm a big Zelda fan.

Those are the only others I can think of going to on a regular basis.

JediTricks
11-08-2004, 06:19 PM
Power Rangers suck! ;) (sorry, couldn't resist)

The only others I frequent now are the figures.com ones for figures of all types (which sadly are on life-support) and the BWTF.com for transformers. For me, none are anywhere near as involving as this site.

LusiferSam
11-08-2004, 07:07 PM
There are 3 other forums I visit regularly, two that I lurk and one that I'm a member of. Of the two that I lurk, one is another Star Wars site and other is a Lego site. The SW I don't like nearly as much as SSG, but the vintage section is more robust. The Lego one, well its Lego what other reason do I need. The forum that I a member of is also Lego one, but I like it better the first so that's why I'm a member and not a lurker.

There are two other places that I'm a member of, but I don't go there that often. One is a Mac site, which is good for a number of Mac related topics. And the other a modeling site. I go to those about once every two months or so.

Exhaust Port
11-08-2004, 11:34 PM
I always wondered JT if you put up similar post totals on other forums as well. I think with the few forums I'm a part of wouldn't give me half your post total. :)

kool-aid killer
11-09-2004, 02:21 PM
I post on the Lordoftheringsguide.com forums and lurk on a couple of Transformers forums. Im looking to join one but have yet to spend the couple of minutes to register. But SSG is still the one i post on and enjoy the most. This site has a some very cool people with knowledge in a wide variety of subjects.

JediTricks
11-09-2004, 02:27 PM
EP, not at all anymore. Back in the day when I had less work, I used to put in a lot of discussion time on other forums, but lately SW followed distantly by Transformers has been all I have time for. I think my post average is like 11 per day, 9 of 'em here, that doesn't really seem like a lot of posts to me because I am just talking about things I like to talk about anyway, and there's a lot to talk about in those 2 areas I think.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-01-2006, 11:09 AM
My online time is divided between these forums, ESPN.com's sports forums, and a community web page for Buffalo Sabres' fans. I also frequent the boards at imdb.com but post there sparingly.

Of all the sites I visit, this one has the most sense of decorum. :thumbsup:

DarthQuack
08-01-2006, 11:17 AM
Just DVDTalk.com and one over off of TVshowsondvd.com, Galactichunter.com for local collectors.

CaptainSolo1138
08-01-2006, 12:07 PM
The dirtiest rest stop bathroom on the information super highway.

Darth Jax
08-01-2006, 01:51 PM
here, here, and here. those are the only forums i participate in (although i am a member at actionfigs.com), now that SWcollecting is read-only.

Slicker
08-01-2006, 02:10 PM
I post at these forums:

SSG
Blazinlow.com
The dirtiest rest stop
VA Customs
ActionFigs
WampasCave

Wow. I really didn't realize that I post at that many places.

Combined I have about 6,500 posts between the 6 though so I only post pad over here.;)

trandoshan666
08-01-2006, 02:13 PM
I frequent seven forums, including SSG.

seanmcfripp
08-01-2006, 03:54 PM
The only others I frequent now are the figures.com ones for figures of all types (which sadly are on life-support) and the BWTF.com for transformers. For me, none are anywhere near as involving as this site.

Wow, that "life-support" comment was made back in 2004. How would you describe their conditions now? I'm not sure there's even enough activity to constitute any condition, quite frankly.

* gets song stuck in head *

"...to see what condition my condition was in...Yeah, yeah, yeah, what condition my condition was in"

pbarnard
08-01-2006, 04:29 PM
Just getting started here at SSG

FFURG
Joecustoms.com
Wizards of the Coast, but dropping off that one lately

JediTricks
08-01-2006, 04:49 PM
Wow, that "life-support" comment was made back in 2004. How would you describe their conditions now? I'm not sure there's even enough activity to constitute any condition, quite frankly. I suppose now it's a vegetable, near the end I was visiting like once every 6 weeks and even then there were only 20 new posts.

UKWildcat
08-01-2006, 09:16 PM
SSG
actionfigs
dvdtalk
vyns

figrin bran
08-01-2006, 09:17 PM
besides here, i visit rebelscum *gasp!* and various other forums devoted to sports and music. most of the time is spent on SSG though.

Kidhuman
08-01-2006, 09:27 PM
SSG
Dirtiest rest stop
Actionfigs

CaptainSolo1138
08-02-2006, 06:20 AM
vynsNot often enough. Don't let The Grin frighten you, he means well. :p

El Chuxter
08-02-2006, 07:44 AM
Not often enough. Don't let The Grin frighten you, he means well. :p

For your mother, that is. :eek:

Patient Zero
08-02-2006, 08:06 AM
Too damn many, however I would say I'm over at abovetopsecret.com and myspace the most.

Darth Instigator
08-02-2006, 10:46 AM
mainly 3 other sites I admin at or own.

meogee [dot] com
acidstudioz [dot] com
wog [dot] com

darthvyn
08-02-2006, 01:04 PM
i could've sworn i had already posted in a thread just like this, saying something like "i made a website?"

so, yeah, it'd be

here (duh...)
my place
my other place
SWCollecting.com (i keep checking to see if maybe by mistake it was turned back on...)
just started posting at creatusmaximus.com (was lurking there for a while)

i check out the kirkman area of the image comics forum and the mike wieringo area of the comicbook resources forum. but i don't post there. just lurk.

Darth Jax
08-02-2006, 07:06 PM
i could've sworn i had already posted in a thread just like this, saying something like "i made a website?"

so, yeah, it'd be

here (duh...)
my place
my other place
SWCollecting.com (i keep checking to see if maybe by mistake it was turned back on...)
just started posting at creatusmaximus.com (was lurking there for a while)

i check out the kirkman area of the image comics forum and the mike wieringo area of the comicbook resources forum. but i don't post there. just lurk.
nice to know i'm not the only one that does that.

Rocketboy
08-02-2006, 09:16 PM
Besides SSG, there are two I'm a member of.
The main forum I visit is belowempty.com - a Stone Temple Pilots fansite. Some of the people there have been there for years (4 or more). We're like a little internet family.
A secondary one, Comingsoon.net - movie forum. I rarely go there anymore. The people there either suck or are total morons.My, how things have changed.

I hit here and both of Vyn's sites daily.
I still go to Belowempty once or twice a week, but that place is pretty much dead now, a shell of what it used to be.

CaptainSolo1138
08-03-2006, 06:31 AM
I still go to Belowempty once or twice a week, but that place is pretty much dead now, a shell of what it used to be.Half the man, you might say.