PDA

View Full Version : So The Trade Federation is Reponsible for Darth Vader

Billiam86
11-08-2004, 09:29 PM
If the Trade Federation hadn't invaded Naboo, then they would have never been forced to leave, then the ship would have never busted, then they never would have landed on Tatooine and meet Anakin. I know you all know this already, but its just weird to think that the Trade Federation is responsible for Darth Vader coming to being. Had Anakin never of been found by the Jedi, he'd just be a normal person.

JediTricks
11-09-2004, 02:55 PM
But if Darth Sidious hadn't talked the Trade Fed into invading Naboo in a secret plot to further his standing in the Galactic Senate, none of this would have happened either, so by that sentiment, Palpatine is as responsible for Vader if not moreso. As much as I don't like what Lucas was doing, I think the idea is that it's really the Force that led our TPM heroes to Tatooine and to find young Anakin Skywalker. So blame the Force for everything! ;)

Billiam86
11-09-2004, 03:17 PM
that is very true...the force is strong in this one ;)

Rocketboy
11-09-2004, 10:41 PM
You could also blame Valorum for sending Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan to Naboo.
Or Gardulla for betting Anakin and Shmi.
Or...

You could blame just about everyone...

Exhaust Port
11-09-2004, 11:21 PM
I would venture a guess that Palpatine was behind all those actions/decisions.

jjreason
11-11-2004, 06:50 PM
The Trade Federation is only as responsible for Darth Vader as a hammer is for a driven nail. The carpenter - in Vader's case Palpatine/Darth Sidious - is truly responsible, not the tool he or she chooses to use for the job.

Kidhuman
11-11-2004, 07:13 PM
If Woody would have went straight to the ploice.....

Only Anakin is responsible for Vader. No one else. His actions and thoughts and feelings led him to it. If Anakin would have listened to Obi and Yoda and Mace, he would have never turned.

Lord_Setnom
11-19-2004, 02:49 AM
I'm not saying you're not right but there's also Padme and her encouraging of Anakin's attitude. Had she stayed firm on her decision not to "live a lie", El Seņor Vader wouldn't have lost it after her death. Of course Anakin could have been mor mature about many things but thank God he wasn't or we would never have known the Imperial March or how to choke an incompetent official without even touching him.