PDA

View Full Version : 29 ROTS figures to be released - here's the list! (speculation)

Tycho
11-09-2004, 02:08 AM
This list might contain very mild spoilers, but caution was used. A criteria was assuming folks have seen the trailer now, and also by way of knowledge of the Classics, know that certain OT characters have to appear in E3 to get the sequels set up correctly.

These figures are not confirmed, but an educated great guess:

1. Anakin Skywalker.........11. Darth Vader.................21. Nute Gunray
2. Obi-Wan Kenobi...........12. C-3PO........................22. random Jedi
3. Padme Amidala............13. R2-D2.........................23. random Jedi
4. Mace Windu................14. Chewbacca.................24. Mon Mothma%
5. Master Yoda...............15. JarJar Binks.................25. Bail Organa
6. Chancellor Palpatine.....16. Darth Sidious..............26. Niemoidian Soldier
7. Count Dooku...............17. General Tarkin.............27. Wookiee Warrior
8. General Greivous..........18. Super Battle Droid+.......28. Alderaan Security (RFT)*
9. Clone Trooper.............19. Clone Fighter Pilot........29. new Clone Trooper^
10. Battle Droid+...............20. Destroyer Droid+

*a Rebel Fleet Trooper serving on the Tantive IV in traditional uniform established in ANH (probably a re-release).

% possibly too boring for an early release - may come later

+ I'm not certain what kinds of droids the Separatists will be using, but Hasbro would love to sell us more of the same at lower costs than tooling new ones

^ a removeable helmet version of one or two clones due to specific plot points (a slight spoiler so I won't go into detail here).

I have no idea if or when we'll see Cliegg, Owen, and Beru, but as an ATTACK OF THE CLONES 3-pack done sometime later would be more likely than in any initial ROTS run.

Everything else is pretty much covered.

General Tarfful (Wookiee)
Tion Meddon (wierd alien showing a toothy mouth to Obi-Wan in the trailer)
1st General Greivous figure

These are all SNEAK PREVIEW FIGURES and will be available before the mass release of these 29 figures rumored to come out on April 2.

By comparison, there were 26 figures released for Attack of the Clones in the immediate assortments (those included Dooku, Zam, Yoda, Luminara, Royal Guard, Taun We).

And there were 18 figures released for The Phantom Menace (8 C1, 5 C2, 5 C3 - with Yoda, R2, Nute, Rune, and the Destroyer not counting - they were a month after Midnight Madness or longer if I recall).

Anyway, it's still a guessing game right now, but let's see how right or wrong I am.

Changes to my list might include additional Jedi, a variant Anakin, variant Clones (though I think they'll be in multi-packs), and the droids might be offered in multi-packs instead of on cards this time around.

Overall the E3 collection looks to be really exciting in terms of core-character use - if not obvious. A collector like myself really gets more excited by interesting random background characters or unlikely figure choices, so I may have to wait for really interesting, hard to predict, and more exotic stuff.

Like I said, this first assortment is an easy guess for the most part.

Samuel Windu
11-09-2004, 04:15 AM
In fact,there will be near 40 Ep3 figures came first that I got a very reliable source news from Taiwan.We can get these new figures in Midnight Madness.

Tycho
11-09-2004, 04:47 AM
All 40 on April 2nd?

I mean maybe you are correct.

But perhaps 40 for promoting Episode 3 throughout the year, mixed in with some OTC figures and TPM/AOTC figures they still have left to do which might get seen in the fall and Christmas season next year.

But I doubt they'll put out 40 figures on April 2nd.

40 might be in production right now - as they'd have to be to meet shipping dates on time, however...

Hasbro has done around 50-60 per movie year (depending upon how you count all the stuff up).

Episode 1 / 1999: 41 - approximately, on E1 cards, through Anakin Pilot Wave

Episode 2 / 2002: 53 - sort of - that's without removing Djas Puhr, Chewie Bespin Escape, etc - that were not E2 figures.

And that was the whole year.

Episode 1 Midnight Madness: 18 figures out of 41
Episode 2 Midnight Madness: 26 figures out of 53

By the way, I'm not even sure how they get 40 characters out of this list. It looks very complete with 29.

Most of these figures do not require a lot of resculpts.

Anakin might get at least 2.
Obi-Wan might get 1-2
Padme could have a lot of outfits
Palpatine might see several figures this time
General Greivous will have 3-4 figures when all this is over
Vader might have a poseable version, and a removeable helmet one
Darth Sidious might have up to 2 figures this time - 3 if there's a hologram
Bail Organa might get a change in wardrobe

I bet we'll see a lot of recarding of older Jedi figures, or more new ones, or resculpts to make new ones out of old characters. The 4th figure of SaeSee Tiin? (who never has uttered a line in the movie or even the darn cartoon show?)

Hasbro will also have nearly 30 different versions of ranks and equipment schemes for the Clone Troopers this time around, so they might be counting that to get a 40 figure total this time around. Who knows?

Just one thing is for sure: Episode 3 will cost collectors a lot of money. They're going out with a bang!

Samuel Windu
11-09-2004, 05:44 AM
I agreed with you in some points.40 might be in production and might be not all 40 in April 2nd.As for right now,we don't know much about the figures.I just have seen the order list for ROTS.I even don't know which characters who come first.From the list,I saw the figure #no up to #37 and is in Coll.3.So maybe we're not only get Coll.1 in April 2nd.

Turbowars
11-09-2004, 07:43 PM
What are you waiting for, post the 40 figures that you know are being made.

Kidhuman
11-09-2004, 09:03 PM
Agreed Turbo, post em if you know em.

I think the Swami said there would be 30 released for MM.

TheDarthVader
11-10-2004, 08:28 PM
The more figures the better. Kidhuman, now I know that you mean Midnight Madness. :D

B.
TDV

El Chuxter
11-16-2004, 03:25 PM
29 Figures? It'll be something like this:

1) Anakin Skywalker
2) Anakin Skywalker
3) Anakin Skywalker
4) Anakin Skywalker
5) Anakin Skywalker
6) Obi-Wan Kenobi
7) Obi-Wan Kenobi
8) Obi-Wan Kenobi
9) Obi-Wan Kenobi
10) Obi-Wan Kenobi
11) Padme
12) Grievous
13) Grievous
14) Clonetrooper
15) Clonetrooper
16) Clonetrooper
17) Battle Droid
18) Battle Droid
19) Battle Droid
20) Mace
21) Mace
22) Mace
23) Darth Vader
24) Darth Vader
25) Darth Vader
26) Darth Vader
27) Darth Vader
28) Yoda
29) Yoda

Kidhuman
11-16-2004, 09:38 PM
Chux, you forgot the Wookie Warrior.

El Chuxter
11-17-2004, 01:02 PM
No, I didn't. We all want Wookiee warriors, so we won't get them at first.

I mean, one of the first and most requested TPM figures was Yarua, and we're finally getting him now, almost six years later.

LTBasker
11-17-2004, 05:45 PM
No, I didn't. We all want Wookiee warriors, so we won't get them at first.

The Wookiee Warrior is part of the Sneak Preview line-up, so yeah he shouldn't be in that list but we are getting him first. :p

By comparison, there were 26 figures released for Attack of the Clones

27. Not counting the 16 variants released with the background cards. :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-17-2004, 06:00 PM
For those keeping track, here's the figures on the package as well as the prototypes we've seen earlier:
General Grievous (Sneak Preview)
Tion Meddon (Sneak Preview)
Wookiee Warrior (Sneak Preview)
R4-G9 (Sneak Preview)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Slashing Attack)
Anakin Skywalker
Yoda
Super Battle Droid
Chewbacca (Wookiee Rage)
Clone Trooper
R2-D2 (Droid Attack)
Grievous’s Bodyguard
General Grievous (Slashing Attack)
Mace Windu (Force Combat)
Darth Vader
Emperor Palpatine (Firing Force Lightning)
Chancellor Palpatine
Count Dooku
Bail Organa

And I bet we'll also get Padmé, Tarfful, and some Jedi. Already that's a lot, though!

Darth Alex
11-17-2004, 08:41 PM
29 Figures? It'll be something like this:

1) Anakin Skywalker
2) Anakin Skywalker
3) Anakin Skywalker
4) Anakin Skywalker
5) Anakin Skywalker
6) Obi-Wan Kenobi
7) Obi-Wan Kenobi
8) Obi-Wan Kenobi
9) Obi-Wan Kenobi
10) Obi-Wan Kenobi
11) Padme
12) Grievous
13) Grievous
14) Clonetrooper
15) Clonetrooper
16) Clonetrooper
17) Battle Droid
18) Battle Droid
19) Battle Droid
20) Mace
21) Mace
22) Mace
23) Darth Vader
24) Darth Vader
25) Darth Vader
26) Darth Vader
27) Darth Vader
28) Yoda
29) Yoda

But remember, since Hasbro and Retail are both really...pushing this line, numbers 3-11-13-18-and 27 will be hard to find. BINGO!:classic:

Tycho
11-17-2004, 09:19 PM
What I've been right about so far:

These figures are not confirmed unless in red, but an educated great guess:

6. Chancellor Palpatine.....16. Darth Sidious..............26. Niemoidian Soldier
8. General Greivous..........18. Super Battle Droid+.......28. Alderaan Security*
9. Clone Trooper.............19. Clone Fighter Pilot........29. new Clone Trooper^

*a Rebel Fleet Trooper serving on the Tantive IV in traditional uniform established in ANH (probably a re-release).

+ I'm not certain what kinds of droids the Separatists will be using, but Hasbro would love to sell us more of the same at lower costs than tooling new ones

^ a removeable helmet version of one or two clones due to specific plot points (a slight spoiler so I won't go into detail here).

Everything else is pretty much covered.

General Tarfful (Wookiee)
Tion Meddon (wierd alien showing a toothy mouth to Obi-Wan in the trailer)
1st General Greivous figure
an Astromech Droid

These are all SNEAK PREVIEW FIGURES and will be available before the mass release of these 29 figures rumored to come out on April 2.

Like I said, this first assortment is an easy guess for the most part.

1 wrong guess so far:

General Greivous' Body Guard - and glad to be wrong - it looks like it'll be a great figure!

Tycho
11-19-2004, 10:43 PM
It looks like I have to update again, now that that huge list of confirmed figures hit www.starwarsuniverse.com:

What I've been right about so far:

8. General Greivous..........18. Super Battle Droid+.......28. Alderaan Security*

*a Rebel Fleet Trooper serving on the Tantive IV in traditional uniform established in ANH (probably a re-release). UPDATE: Captain Antilles (The same one as in ANH??? Isn't he kind of young 18 years earlier? Maybe Captain Antilles is also a Clone?)

+ I'm not certain what kinds of droids the Separatists will be using, but Hasbro would love to sell us more of the same at lower costs than tooling new ones. UPDATE: Hasbro decided to try new action features -so they're retooled a bit.

^ a removeable helmet version of one or two clones due to specific plot points (a slight spoiler so I won't go into detail here). UPDATE / SPOILER ALERT - the E3 Han Solo figure helps give this one away. He-he-he. I told you so! Everyone's a Clone! Everyone's a Clone!

1 wrong guess so far:

General Greivous' Body Guard - and glad to be wrong - it looks like it'll be a great figure!

There were actually more - one I remember was Utopau Soldier.

Another was an Alien.

Another was Senator Ask Aak (Gran, like Ree-Yees, in the prequels since E1)

Another was Mon Calamari Senator ("Admiral Ackbar: I am your father!")

There were more. We're going to get a crap-load full of figures!