PDA

View Full Version : I want proof, not leads............

scruffziller
11-09-2004, 01:32 PM
What more proof would have Admiral Ozzel needed? Yea it could have been smugglers but acording to Piett it was the best info they had so far. Which brought me to another thought. Was Ozzel secretly working for the Alliance? It seems weird that someone that clumsy and stupid could have made his way to the ranks of Admiral in the Empire. Because he seems to be trying to keep the Empire away.

JediTricks
11-09-2004, 02:48 PM
I felt his statement was fair, it's just a shield generator, he doesn't want to waste the Empire's resources and time tracking down a bunch of nothing if they don't have to. Maybe if the droid had found a snowspeeder or the big Echo Base hangar doors, that would have been the proof he was looking for. Vader has the power of the Force to guide him where the Imperial Officers do not. Ozzel may have been sloppy and foolish, but it is always safer to err on the side of caution... unless your boss sends his creepy evil cyborg to watch over your every move, apparently. ;)

Slicker
11-09-2004, 03:41 PM
I always thought it weird that they wouldn't follow up every lead if they wanted them bad enough but with so many inhabited worlds you would definitely need proof and not just leads. Who knows the shield generator could have been sitting their unused for centuries.

Rocketboy
11-09-2004, 10:34 PM
I thought Ozzel just hated the cold and snow...

:)

Huckleberry Josh
11-11-2004, 08:37 PM
He just wanted to be absolutely positive is was the rebels there.I feel the same way though.If they wanted the alliance that bad, they should have been willing to follow every lead they had.As wealthy as the Empire was, i don't think they had to worry about wasting resources or anything like that.

JediTricks
11-11-2004, 09:05 PM
Consider this though, the Imperial fleet is now spread across the galaxy looking for the Rebels, if Ozzel takes the task force to go off chasing a lead on Dantooine and sends only 1 Star Destroyer to investigate Hoth, the Rebels on Hoth will be able to evacuate before the Imperial fleet can send reinforcements. Considering how Vader rewards failure, it's understandable that an officer wouldn't want to make a blunder of that kind.

scruffziller
11-20-2004, 12:33 PM
Which brings us back to this relic thread, how did Vader know?!!

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=11854&highlight=Vader

Slicker
11-20-2004, 04:30 PM
Maybe it was women's intuition.

Lord_Setnom
11-20-2004, 08:19 PM
-or maybe Ozzel was just up to his neck with leads and had a roguh day which led him to think "oh good ANOTHER lead... bugger that, Let's just wait 'til we see the white in their eyes"

JediTricks
11-21-2004, 04:07 PM
Which brings us back to this relic thread, how did Vader know?!!

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?t=11854&highlight=Vader
I dunno Screech, why don't you go ask Slater or Zack or Mr Belding. ;) (seriously, what an avatar! :p)