PDA

View Full Version : Mommy didnt buy it for me...so lets sue her!

InsaneJediGirl
11-09-2004, 10:35 PM
http://star-techcentral.com/tech/story.asp?file=/2004/11/9/technology/9364622&sec=technology

Schoolboy sues mom for not buying him a PC
HONG KONG: An 11-year-old boy in central China took his mother to court for breaking a promise to buy him a computer if he did well at school, a news report said last Monday.

The woman told her son she would buy him a computer if he scored average marks of more than 94% for his school work, the Hong Kong edition of the China Daily reported.

However, she welshed on the deal when he achieved an average of 97%, telling him she could not afford to buy the computer, the newspaper said.

The schoolboy from Xingzheng, Henan province, then went to court asking a judge to make his mother honour the verbal agreement. At the hearing, the judge reconciled the mother and son.

According to the newspaper, the boy gained his knowledge of law after helping his parents with their small business. -- dpa

I want to know how this kid payed for the lawyer/court filing fees :crazed: I think I'll go sue my mother for not buying enough My Little Ponies for me when I was little.The others got lonely:p :D

Ji'dai
11-09-2004, 11:07 PM
I'm surprised Chinese citizens are even allowed to own computers. It's difficult to maintain an effective dictatorship if your citizenry can access curious political thought on the internet.

JediTricks
11-09-2004, 11:57 PM
I believe there is only 1 ISP in China, and it's government-run, so there's no fear of them accessing prohibited information. Still, the way our western propaganda makes it sound, I was surprised they had access to courts at all. (Then again, they did just add their first Hooters restaurant, so how backwards could they really be? ;))

Kidhuman
11-10-2004, 06:57 AM
Redemption for not getting an AT-AT as a kid.

Sentinel18725
11-10-2004, 07:21 AM
Hooters in China????? This is perplexing, both in ideology and in anatomy! Discuss amongst yourselves....... :crazed:

bobafrett
11-10-2004, 11:42 AM
I should sue my mom for throwing away the figures I bought with my savings when I was a kid. They have plenty of TV courtroom shows I could get my case heard on.

I promised my son he could stay home from school 1 day if he got good grades. He did, so this past Tuesday he stayed home, and played the new Halo 2 game. At least I kept my promise, so he can't take me to court for that.

Ji'dai
11-10-2004, 03:22 PM
I think we should take up a donation to get the kid a PC with a DVD burner. Those Chinese are keeping us in original-cut Star Wars bootlegs, bless their little black communist hearts.

InsaneJediGirl
11-10-2004, 10:49 PM
LOL.It says the kid learned law from his parents business,he could start his own on the side.