PDA

View Full Version : For those of us looking forward to new micros......

britcit3
11-10-2004, 12:43 AM
Then unfortunately, we only have rehashes of old die-casts..........

http://www.galactichunter.com/absolutenm/templates/full_article_template_1.asp?articleid=3596&zoneid=2

BC3

Ji'dai
11-10-2004, 01:42 AM
I like the packaging, but it will probably push the price up higher than when they were originally released. Still, I liked these and will probably pick up the ones I didn't buy before.

JediGoofy
11-10-2004, 07:19 AM
Re-releases, new cool packaging, main character's vehicles, ...
Where did I hear the same story lately? :confused:
Ah yes, Saga Action Fleet! :rolleyes:

Maybe Hasbro is forced by very deep marketing strategies to do this (toys are bought by kids and kid's parents, and they just want main characters), but if they will do the same mistake for the second time, not releasing new stuff after the first wave used only to warm up the public, they deserve another big flop! :mad:

The only regret is that another failure will reflect again on the fate of the MM and AF sized SW vehicles for the new trilogy, which will suffer for possible wrong marketing decision and not for their own lack of values. :(

Ciao,
JediGoofy

AndyW
11-10-2004, 08:16 AM
I suppose its better than nothing, but these don't really interest me, I had a x-wing one as a youngster and I doubt I've still got it. The worrying thing is that if these don't sell well will they turn and say, 'see you, we told you so, microsized stuff doesn't sell'

yorkie
11-11-2004, 02:44 AM
I could just cry at what could have been in the world of MMs and AF. The party's over. Sob.

Jangu Fett
11-11-2004, 08:34 AM
Been there, seen that. What's next re-releasing the AOTC Jedi Starfighter, calling it the ROTS Jedi Starfighter Mark-II? Until I see actual new MM or AF releases ( NEW MOLDS, ACTION FEATURES, ETC. ) I can't get excited about these.

I wonder what will be left out of these? Will they still have movable part or just be a solid peice of metal? I would not put it by Hasbro. Look what they did to the Action Fleet?

AndyW
11-11-2004, 10:13 AM
I, and I'm sure many of you too, are still mad about them canning that Jedi Starfighter wave, had so much promise, what with that, the mon call ship and the repainted a-wing, and yet they give us this, grrr. I very rarely get angry about stuff like this but it is mighty annoying isn't it.

Jangu Fett
11-11-2004, 03:12 PM
It wouldn't be bad if they were new molds, but NOOOO. Hasbro does the repaint re-release again. I have doubles of some of these. How many of the same stuff does Hasbro expect us to buy. AGAIN, and AGAIN, and AGAIN, and AGAIN, and AGAIN............................................. ...

MAybe someone should tell HAsbro WE DON'T WANT REPACKAGED REPEAT RELEASES. WE WANT NEW MOLDS NEW NEVER RELEASED ITEMS.

sicqnus
12-01-2004, 05:39 AM
According to Reb'scum, a seconf wave of "all new" Titanium die-cast vehicles is planned for spring 2005. I hope we will get Ep.3 die-casts.

JediTricks
12-02-2004, 05:41 PM
What is this "according to RS" stuff?!? I reported the same thing from the same source, Hasbro said they were all new in wave 2. ;)

SWAFMAN
12-04-2004, 07:57 PM
This is a bit off-topic, but a local company that's been selling imported miniatures via the Internet for a while has just opened a retail shop in my town. This is a link to their website: http://www.go-velo-city.com/shopping/index.html. So far, they only have road vehicles, bicycles, and a few aircraft, as well as some gift-type games and puzzles for young children, but I spoke to the owner today about Futuras and Romandos, and I'm hoping he will use his existing connections buying die-cast direct from Asia to get some sci-fi miniatures.

If any of our MM collectors collect cars as well as sci-fi vehicles, this place has some beautiful quality HO and N gauge scale cars. The line by a company called Wiking has some particularly nice 50's - 60's era cars in HO scale.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-04-2004, 09:48 PM
Well it's the same old story from Hasbro. After a shut-down of production they decide that the market is right for Micros again. We will get them released however the news is disappointing for most of us collectors because we are getting rehashes of stuff most of us have, and just like in the previous Ep II release, sales won't take off and inevitably, Hasbro will stop production of the line.

Why the diecast? I was expecting either standard Micro Machines or Action Fleet. Most of those ships hung around the clearance bins at Kay-Bee for years. The only bit of good news is that the Slave I will be readily available and he was very hard-to-find during the original run.

Hopefully, history won't be repeated in this case.

SWAFMAN
12-05-2004, 06:12 PM
Follow up on go-velo-city getting sci-fi miniatures:
The owner said he probably wouldn't get any of the asian sci-fi miniatures (futura, romando, etc.) unless he could negotiate an exclusive U.S. distributon agreement for the lines. The company is getting away from buying through other distributors for obvious price reasons.

Does anyone know whether or not these lines already have an exclusive U.S.A. distributor for their products?

Also, are there any European sci-fi miniature companies, or at least any that are making anything desireable?