PDA

View Full Version : Another OT character appearing in ROTS, and other spoilers

tagmac
11-10-2004, 07:12 PM
I apologize if this was already posted in the past, but I haven't seen it in any recent threads. Anyway, IMDB has the full cast list up, and Nein Numb is listed as being in the movie. In addition, Bodie Taylor (young adult clones) is listed as portraying clonetroopers AND stormtroopers, so I'm betting the two groups are gonna fight at some point. The entire Palpy situation seems cleared up by the cast list (as if most of us didn't already figure it out), as well as the argument that major Council Members were killed when the gunship was hit during the escape from Geonosis.

Also interesting, no mention of Boba Fett or Aurra Sing (thought for sure Lucas would find a place for her - if he was gonna ignore this cult character, he never should have bothered to introduce her). No Qui-Gon, so kill all thoughts of him appearing as a ghost. Also, no mention of Han Solo, which, when coupled with the fact Taylor is gonna play all the troopers, should fully negate the ridiculous theory that Solo was a clone.

....unfortunately, Jar Jar WILL make an appearance in ROTS. :rolleyes:

hango fett
11-10-2004, 08:23 PM
yay! go jar jar! i would laugh my butt off if he wiped out a lightsaber!
HF

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-11-2004, 05:10 PM
I wonder why Nien Nunb would even be in there? Maybe it's just a Sullustan and they're confused. Or he could be hanging around with Mon Mothma or something . . . or maybe a pilot for the Republic? Hmm, I guess time will tell.

I think Boba Fett should be in there, to kind of seal the deal that he's gonna be a bad-*** bounty hunter, though I suppose it could be implied in AOTC . . .

Aurra Sing was never anything more than a cool-looking background character who was never intended to have any major role. The books and comics only played her up because a lot of people find her intriguing, but she was only supposed to be a random pod race spectator.

El Chuxter
11-11-2004, 05:36 PM
The books and comics only played her up because a lot of people find her intriguing, but she was only supposed to be a random pod race spectator.

Well, there is the fact that an awful lot of design work went into a character code-named "Babe Fett" (later properly named Aurra Sing) who was supposed to have a role in the then-unnamed AOTC. Presumably Aurra took on too strong a life outside the films to die like a b***h in AOTC, and since the role was minor was replaced by Zam Wessell.

TheDarthVader
11-11-2004, 06:17 PM
Unfortunately, Aurra Sing will not be seen in action (according to these reports). What's worse is...no Qui Gon as a ghost? I thought he was going to supposively "teach" other Jedi how to become a spiritual being after death. What in the world???

B.
TDV

tagmac
11-11-2004, 09:23 PM
The worst part about Aurra Sing is that it wasn't just the EU that played her up. She got the 12" treatment in the special book/figure deal, and Michonne Bourriague almost immediately became a staple at conventions. All of the other minor-minor characters (like the jedi council members) at least had screentime in all the prequels to have their respective actors appearing at the conventions. It seemed almost certain that this character was gonna have some kind of major role, if even a small one, which Lucas really blew it with.

And if we're talking about her being replaced by Zam Wessell to keep her from getting killed too easily, well first, it's not like they hadn't done that before with Fett, and second, if Lucas didn't want to make that same mistake, he could have made her get killed off a bit more nobly than Wessel was. That's called bad writing, as we've all ripped Lucas for before.

...incidentally, I wonder if the next version of TPM will feature Sing digitally "replaced" with some generic alien, so that we can all "forget" her the way George wants us to forget that Greedo shot first and that Anakin's ghost was really that of a warm old man, and not a leering predator.

jedi master sal
11-13-2004, 10:03 AM
She could be replaced with Zam...