PDA

View Full Version : Embarassing Thing About Yourself

Tycho
11-11-2004, 02:20 AM
When I wake up in the morning, the first thing I have to do is pee - like everybody else.

I am a cat owner.

When I wake up in the morning, the first my cats want me to do is feed them.

They come charging after me even into the bathroom and start whinning at me, asking for food.

I "me-ow" back at them while I'm doing what I have to do.

I figure that if they're going to bltch at me first thing in the morning, they should hear what it sounds like if someone's doing it back at them, right?

Well it's become a behavioral pattern where I have to say something whenever I pee.

The other day when I had to use a public restroom in an office and I thought I was alone in the bathroom, I was quite embarassed when a man came out of a far stall and saw me standing there "me-owing" at the urinal.

"me-ow"

[We're Tycho's cats and we approve this message.]

Bel-Cam Jos
11-11-2004, 09:37 AM
Hmm... should I? Shouldn't I? Well, if you can't trust a group of people who use false names and post messages on an Internet site, who can you trust?

Okay, anyone see the film As Good as It Gets? Well, I hated it. Why? Because I saw myself on the screen. Here's why:

When eating chips (for example, Doritos or tortilla strips), I must find another chip of similar size, including broken corners. Only two at a time. Also true for foods like lima beans.

I NEVER step on cracks in the pavement, as yes, I will go out of my way to avoid it, or tip toe around them.

I line up M&Ms or Skittles by color, and eat them in order of the color with the most.

When I had crank windows in my car, I had to keep the handle at a 90 degree-based angle (90, 180, 270). Yes, I would slightly move it if it was off.

I have wasted approximately 12.73 weeks of my life looking for airplanes in the sky. When I hear the engine, I must locate the plane visually, sometimes taking a few minutes to do so.

I DESPISE people who borrow my pencils and round-off my flat erasers, or mess up the tips of markers.

I count stripes on the road or trees along the sidewalks in patterns of threes. I try to guess which one to start with, so I stop on a three when the stripes or trees end.

And finally, no, I am not taking any medications. :crazed:

Rocketboy
11-11-2004, 01:36 PM
Bel-Cam Jos, sounds like your list belongs on my old "OCD habits" thread! :)

I'll admit my own embarassing secret...

I've enjoyed quite a few of Ben Affleck's movies...

El Chuxter
11-11-2004, 02:05 PM
I've enjoyed quite a few of Ben Affleck's movies...

Nothing embarassing about that: Jersey Girl, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, and Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back count as "quite a few" by themselves.

Rocketboy
11-11-2004, 02:13 PM
Nothing embarassing about that: Jersey Girl, Mallrats, Chasing Amy, Dogma, and Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back count as "quite a few" by themselves.
Well, the Kevin Smith movies would just as good (possibly better) without him.
After looking at IMDB, I guess it's not as many as I though without the Kevin Smith movies...
Daredevil
The Sum of all Fears
Changing Lanes
Paycheck (watchable)

*whew* I was almost an Affleck fan...

Slicker
11-11-2004, 03:14 PM
This would be embarrasing when talking to a SW fan but I liked TPM and I didn't mind Jar Jar one bit. There I said it now bring it. :D

Kidhuman
11-11-2004, 07:18 PM
Slicker, you're banned. :D.

Embarassing things about me.....

And there you have it.

Rocketboy
11-11-2004, 09:25 PM
I like Jar Jar also...for the most part. We needed more of him in Episode II.

Bobby Fett
11-11-2004, 09:47 PM
Slicker, you're banned. :D.

Embarassing things about me.....

And there you have it.

I guess you know you can go to hell for lying, just like you can for liking Jar Jar! ;)

James Boba Fettfield
11-11-2004, 09:51 PM
I guess mine has to do with really liking Thanksgiving. ;)

Bobby Fett
11-11-2004, 09:51 PM
I suppose I should be embarrassed that I don't get embarrassed looking through all of the toys and later telling the cashier "No, they're not for my kids, they're for me." :crazed:

Kidhuman
11-11-2004, 10:33 PM
Okay...since my husband won't post something embarasing about himself I'll do it for him.....well this is more gross than embarassing....but it embarasses me so that should count for something. You know those sandwich crackers that come in packs of like six? Like cheese crackers with peanut butter inside...well KH has a very strange way of eating them. He will take two crackers out of the pack, place one in his mouth and while he is chewing it up into a nice bit of mush he is opening the other sandwich cracker up (like one would do with an Oreo) then when the cracker in his mouth is all chewed up he spits it into the new cracker he has just opened up and then closes the new cracker with the chewed up mess inside of it and then eats it......yummy,eh? And no I'm not making this up. What I am trying to figure out is why he ever tried this in the first place.

Angela or Sweetrain..................................

Slicker
11-12-2004, 12:13 AM
You've just got to love when the wife lays down the real truth. Thank god I'm not married and Sweetrain please let some more of these little nuggets of info slip by KH. That's just plain disgusting.:D

Tonysmo
11-12-2004, 11:42 PM
lmao, nice one Sweetrain. lol

plasticfetish
11-13-2004, 02:28 AM
...well KH has a very strange way of eating them.No, I'm pretty sure all of the Mods do this... it's a requirement.

-----

Me? Well, currently, thanks to an ingrown hair, I am cultivating a pimple on my neck that's the size of a grapefruit. (It feels that way anyway.)

Tycho
11-13-2004, 03:19 AM
I hate ingrown hairs in my beard.

I go to my dermatologist sometimes 2-3 times a month and they inject those lumps from ingrowns with some kind of degradient that destroys the stuff swelling inside and usually eats away the hair and anything blocking my skin poors. Sometimes you need to get one of those acid skin washes to get rid of the dead skin top layer that blocks new hair from coming through. That drys you out a lot, so you have to moisturize later.

I guess that's embarassing because I go to that great extent to try and look attractive (to girls, clients, voters, and anyone interviewing me for anything I want to attain). I have great credentials, but it's true how people judge physical appearance. So it may not be funny, but I try really hard to cultivate a "kept look."

CaptainSolo1138
12-05-2004, 10:38 PM
Embarassing? Slicker for a brother and Rocketboy for a best man. Other than that it'd have to go with my OCD. The same radio station on the way to work every day. The spoons at my job MUST be in the same position (neatly lined up by size) when I leave. I look at a particular sign three times on my way to work because it will, in some way, help me have a good night. I do everything at my job on a strict time table. I will not allow myself to deviate from it by more than five minutes. There is a particular manhole cover that I make sure I don't drive over with my tires, preferring to let it pass under the body of my car. I always eat things in even numbers (four slices of meat, two slices of cheese, etc.). It's safe to say I'm a some what obsessive mess.

Droid
12-06-2004, 08:31 AM
I guess that's embarassing because I go to that great extent to try and look attractive (to girls, clients, voters, and anyone interviewing me for anything I want to attain).

Voters? Tycho, are you in politics? Do you hold an elected office?

Deoxyribonucleic
12-06-2004, 01:32 PM
I like to pick scabs and I get very excited cleaning my ears with q-tips...like WAY too excited! :nerv:

Tycho
12-06-2004, 01:47 PM
Droid, I'm a locally elected planning board member. I am weighing my ability to rise to a higher elected office.

Droid
12-06-2004, 01:57 PM
Droid, I'm a locally elected planning board member. I am weighing my ability to rise to a higher elected office.

All you need is some CGI battle droids to keep the local systems in line ...

Slicker
12-06-2004, 09:16 PM
Thanks for bringing up the Q-Tip thing Deoxy. It may seem gross but I kinda save it up for a week or so then I clean them to see how much I can get out of there. I also let my fingernails grow for about 2 weeks then I'll bite them off becuase it's fun. I'm typing with nubs right now.

Deoxyribonucleic
12-07-2004, 01:49 PM
I also let my fingernails grow for about 2 weeks then I'll bite them off becuase it's fun.

MMMmmmmmmmmmmm good eatin'!

El Chuxter
12-07-2004, 02:26 PM
Embarassing thing about me? I liked Harry & The Hendersons. There, it's out in the open. You all now know my deepest, darkest secret.

Slicker
12-07-2004, 04:43 PM
Ah, but your wrong. I think it would be embarrasing if you hadn't seen or liked it. Such a great movie. John Lithgow at his finest.

Kidhuman
12-07-2004, 08:31 PM
I get very excited cleaning my ears with q-tips...like WAY too excited! :nerv:

Me too. I look foward to using Q-tips in the AM. I will use them hrough out the day as well.

InsaneJediGirl
12-09-2004, 11:51 AM
I like scraping the fuzz of my teeth in the morning and looking at it.I wash my hands after and brush my teeth,but it seems I have a fascination for the stuff at times.Then I let my toothpaste fuzz a bit and pretend I'm rabid.Good thing this is all behind closed doors,people would think I'm a weirdo ;) :crazed:

I chew my fingernails,but I dont think its embarassing most of the time,just a habit

JEDIpartner
12-09-2004, 03:44 PM
I'm fascinated by Biore strips! :crazed:

mrpauldeeds
12-09-2004, 06:01 PM
when i was a freshman in high school, when i had lots of pimples i liked squezing them and hoping they would rocket or explolde on the mirror. come on you know what im talking about......gross but at the same time fun.

my girlfriend likes to pop my pimples too, but ever since i my junior year i dont have very many, so she pretty much pretends that i have some and just squeezes my face...and yeah it hurts. i dont like it, but you have to let them do what they what.

chux i like harry and the hendersons too, but thats no secret.

Turbowars
12-13-2004, 07:39 PM
I'm fascinated by Biore strips! :crazed:Yes, they are fascinating, but yet disgusting.

JON9000
12-15-2004, 03:39 PM
until a couple of weeks ago, I hadnot been to the dentist since 1999.

chrisc
12-15-2004, 08:35 PM
This really aint embarrasing but it kind of is. I am the moron/idiot that would do just about anything stupid for the right price. One day a couple guys I know dared me to grab a soda can and take a swig without pause or sniffing it first or anything like that. Turns out it was a coke can full of human pee. :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: That was kind of embarssing. Hey I made fifty bucks. I'm the one who should be in the looney bin

Rocketboy
12-15-2004, 09:26 PM
Dude, that is nasty!

And I'm afraid to ask how you knew it was from a human...

Bobby Fett
12-15-2004, 11:26 PM
This really aint embarrasing but it kind of is. I am the moron/idiot that would do just about anything stupid for the right price. One day a couple guys I know dared me to grab a soda can and take a swig without pause or sniffing it first or anything like that. Turns out it was a coke can full of human pee. :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: That was kind of embarssing. Hey I made fifty bucks. I'm the one who should be in the looney bin

We have a winner!?! :ermm:

Slicker
12-16-2004, 12:00 AM
I personally don't find this embarrasing and to be honest I'm quite proud but others that are around me do. I fart. An awful lot. Then I hover around to see how good it is. We like our own brand don't deny it.

plasticfetish
12-16-2004, 12:21 AM
until a couple of weeks ago, I had not been to the dentist since 1999.Ahhh, that's not such a big deal. For years before I had insurance, I didn't go. It's been a while now even, but last time I was in the dentist ended up removing a chunk of my skull when he pulled a tooth. (I'm currently shopping around for a new dentist BTW.)

One day a couple guys I know dared me to grab a soda can and take a swig without pause or sniffing it first or anything like that.You're lucky you didn't live with me when I was in college. We pulled a similar prank on a roommate. It's a known fact that when you've been up drinking certain beverages all night, you're urine tends to become crystal clear. So, we emptied and then "refilled" a good sized Evian bottle, and then put it back in the fridge for this one roommate to find in the morning. He wakes up, hung over, and stumbles over to the fridge -- terribly dehydrated from the evening before -- grabs the bottle of "water" and begins to chug from it. He was very, very, very unhappy. :evil:

College was a time just full of embarassing moments like that.

Slicker
12-16-2004, 12:47 AM
Where were friends like you when I was in high school? That's disgustingly funny.

chrisc
12-16-2004, 05:06 PM
Dude, that is nasty!

And I'm afraid to ask how you knew it was from a human...

They told me

Kidhuman
12-16-2004, 08:29 PM
I personally don't find this embarrasing and to be honest I'm quite proud but others that are around me do. I fart. An awful lot. Then I hover around to see how good it is. We like our own brand don't deny it.

I was laying in bed the other night(last week) and I let one rip, about ten seconds long. Sweetrain taps me and says "Stop Snoring". I couldnt help but laugh

Rocketboy
12-16-2004, 10:30 PM
I personally don't find this embarrasing and to be honest I'm quite proud but others that are around me do. I fart. An awful lot. Then I hover around to see how good it is. We like our own brand don't deny it.And then you almost set yourself on fire...

Like watching the eternal flame.

2-1B
12-18-2004, 02:17 AM
I never saw anybody drink urine from a soda can but I have seen someone mistakenly drink tobacco spit from a soda can.

Slicker - "I fart. An awful lot."
Do you mean an awful lot in terms of frequency of farts or shear volume of each fart ?
:confused:

dr_evazan22
12-18-2004, 08:16 AM
Once, when I was young, I was walking home from somewhere and was thirsty. I came upon a can of soda sitting on the sidewalk. I checked and there was still some left. I drank. It had ants! It wasn't until after I discovered the ants that I became disgusted. lol

Slicker
12-18-2004, 12:05 PM
Caesar it depends on the time of day for the most part. If it's early in the morning they'll be loud, long, and juicy. If it's later in the day they'll be more frequent and with the exception of one or two they aren't much to write home about.

Just ask my roommates. They get bad sometimes.

Rocketboy
12-18-2004, 09:59 PM
Caesar it depends on the time of day for the most part. If it's early in the morning they'll be loud, long, and juicy. If it's later in the day they'll be more frequent and with the exception of one or two they aren't much to write home about.

Just ask my roommates. They get bad sometimes.I can attest for both you and your brother. You kids can get nasty.

But it is fun watching you guys play the fart game.

JON9000
12-28-2004, 07:02 PM
I like the song "Lovefool" by the Cardigans. :nerv:

Rocketboy
12-28-2004, 11:33 PM
I like the song "Lovefool" by the Cardigans. :nerv:Nothing wrong with that - great song.

I'm never embarassed about my music. My attitude is I like what I like; you like what you like and that's fine...as long as it isn't country "music."
:D

chrisc
01-02-2005, 02:03 PM
Whats wrong with Country "music" :confused: :confused: :confused:

Slicker
01-03-2005, 01:54 PM
I just realized this one on my trip home from MI. I talk to my truck. I thanked her for getting me home safe and promised her a nice detailing. It's the least can do.

Turbowars
01-03-2005, 01:59 PM
I just realized this one on my trip home from MI. I talk to my truck. I thanked her for getting me home safe and promised her a nice detailing. It's the least can do.Yeah and if you give her an oil change she'll be all over you.

plasticfetish
01-03-2005, 03:08 PM
I talk to my truck.That's no big deal... if the truck starts talking back, then you've got a problem. ;)

Bel-Cam Jos
11-11-2010, 12:49 PM
Today I combined two of my fears, so that I could stop the screeching wind turbine sound from my roof: heights and heavy winds, as I got on the roof by ladder (duh) to "bravely" survive those Santa Ana wind conditions and put plastic ties to stop it from spinning.

JimJamBonds
11-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Today I combined two of my fears, so that I could stop the screeching wind turbine sound from my roof: heights and heavy winds, as I got on the roof by ladder (duh) to "bravely" survive those Santa Ana wind conditions and put plastic ties to stop it from spinning.

BCJ, when I saw you posted in this thread I thought you were going to say something about your "tri colored outfit" that you have on today. :p

Blue2th
11-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Ever been so shnockered you pick up the bong instead of the beer and drink the bong water?

DarkArtist
11-11-2010, 03:12 PM
the most embarassing thing about me is that I'm a neat freak andi hate the fact that even after almost 2 years since my move from apartment to house that the upstairs back bedroom is still a war zone of boxes... most of them my SW toys but still.....

plus the display area for my stuff is a wreck as well.... i'm embarassed to invite people over

JEDIpartner
11-11-2010, 03:29 PM
I often make myself cry when I tell a touching and emotional story to others.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-11-2010, 06:00 PM
BCJ, when I saw you posted in this thread I thought you were going to say something about your "tri colored outfit" that you have on today. :pHey! Who told you that?!? :upset:

[whisper, whisper] :o

Why'd I tell them that?!? :rolleyes:

Mad Slanted Powers
11-12-2010, 01:29 AM
I line up M&Ms or Skittles by color, and eat them in order of the color with the most.I do that as well. One time, I made sure I had seven of each color, and scored the order I ate them like a cross country meet. I forget which color won.

One of these days, I 'd like to get a bag of the small packages and see how many of each color are in each one, and analyze the resulting data.

LTBasker
11-12-2010, 02:10 AM
I'm almost 24 and have never had a job.

JimJamBonds
11-12-2010, 06:23 AM
I'm almost 24 and have never had a job.

Wait is the the'embarassing' thread or the 'good for you' thread? :D

Mister Roboto
11-12-2010, 09:54 AM
I do that as well. One time, I made sure I had seven of each color, and scored the order I ate them like a cross country meet. I forget which color won.

One of these days, I 'd like to get a bag of the small packages and see how many of each color are in each one, and analyze the resulting data.

And when that day comes, play this song.lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0YZTYci5yo

JEDIpartner
11-12-2010, 01:12 PM
Whew!! I told mine and it was skipped over. I'm glad!!! :D