PDA

View Full Version : The Scott Peterson Case: Guilty as Charged!!!

Tycho
11-13-2004, 12:49 AM
I didn't follow this too closely, but I got the gist of the case.

They found him guilty today.

I'd be interested in any discussion about this case I suppose.

Free him or fry him? What do you think?

plasticfetish
11-13-2004, 02:10 AM
Guilty? Yes, fry him.

I consider myself to be 99.99% against the death penalty, but this is one of those rare times when I honestly don't want this person on the planet with me for another minute.

Kidhuman
11-13-2004, 07:12 AM
I say it doesnt matter if they fry him or not. If they do, ok, if they dont, someone will get him in jail. They dont take to kindly to wife and baby murderers in jail.

InsaneJediGirl
11-13-2004, 12:31 PM
I agree with KH.I'm glad they found him guilty,I was sort of suprised with all the jury changes and hold ups happening within the last week.Even if he doesnt get the death sentence things wont be too pretty for him in jail.Probably worse than being dead.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-13-2004, 12:45 PM
Either way, i'm just happy this case is nearly done. I think it's been getting far too much exposure and i can't understand why. people are viciously murdered in cold blood daily, why concentrate on this case?

And as KH said, he'll get destroyed in jail. I can remember my time i spent in the penn and we used to beat wife/child murderers with a broomstick, but that's a whole other story :crazed:

Slicker
11-13-2004, 01:07 PM
Remember what happened to Jeff Dahmer, yeah let's hope if he doesn't get the death penalty (I heard that around the holidays a jury tends to be more lenient) he'll get what he deserves.

kool-aid killer
11-13-2004, 01:28 PM
Either way, i'm just happy this case is nearly done. I think it's been getting far too much exposure and i can't understand why. people are viciously murdered in cold blood daily, why concentrate on this case?

And as KH said, he'll get destroyed in jail. I can remember my time i spent in the penn and we used to beat wife/child murderers with a broomstick, but that's a whole other story :crazed:

I think Pedersons case got a lot of its exposure due to it being somewhat odd that a husband would kill his pregnant wife. While im sure it happens much more than most people realize, it just seems unlikely. Add to that that Laci was really a beautiful woman and it makes one wonder why somebody would do that to her. Part of me thinks he was screwed prior to his court time but then he himself didnt do much to improve his image. May she rest in peace and her family and loved ones have some comfort in their lives now.

As for Scott, may he be the female dog of an inmate named Big Poppa for many years of his life.

Tycho
11-13-2004, 05:30 PM
What happened to Jeff Dahmer in jail?

Jedi Master Guyute: you were in jail?! What for?

Turbowars
11-13-2004, 05:44 PM
What happened to Jeff Dahmer in jail?He was killed by inmates. I believe the guards just let it happen.:evil:

As for Scott, if there is a hell, he will be going there. If there's nothing after death then he should suffer in jail.

Kidhuman
11-13-2004, 10:11 PM
The case got alot of exposure because he called it in as a kidnapping just before Christmas. People were searching for her thinking she was just missing at it was him just trying to cover his arse.

Jedi Master Guyute: you were in jail?! What for?

And Guyute was put in jail because of what he did to those puppies. It was horrid. I will let him tell you all about it

Exhaust Port
11-13-2004, 10:35 PM
I say give him the death penalty.

Tonysmo
11-13-2004, 11:23 PM
Lets heat this up a bit.

1st off. for the record., I think he is guilty. 99.9% sure of it. everything about him says he did it. I hope he burns in hell.

but.

If you think about the case. In court. and yes, it worked out like we wanted it too.. but was it fair? when your arrested, your innocent until proven guilty. There was never any evidence presented that linked him to the crime. Those two jurors may have been removed for "other" reasons, but Ill bet they were stuck on the fact there was no hard evidence against this guy.

Yes, he did EVERYTHING you dont do when you kill someone. ( well, I think, Ive never killed anyone.. ) but you dont go sell off her car, you dont dye your hair, etc etc, you cry like a f'n baby for months. I would if I lost my wife. so yes, the circumstantial evidence is totally agaisnt this guy..

but still no hard facts, no dna, no nothing really that couldnt be explained otherwise.

I havent kept really close tabs on this case, but from what Ive seen, this is what I think.

I think the courts ( the Judge ) knew, as we all felt deep in our minds, he did it. and that Judge wasnt going to let this one get away. He removed two jurors that would have hosed it all up, for two that wanted to see this guy go down, period.

Whos to say this guy is JUST THAT DAMN CREEPY, but didnt really do it. and now hes done for.. because we hate him for being creepy..

just thoughts. Did our court system work in our favor, or against us.

InsaneJediGirl
11-14-2004, 08:35 PM
I watched the case pretty closely on CourtTV.I think the circumstantal evidence was enough for him to be convicted.Using the kids room for storage,trying to sell her car and jewerly,having a mistress,saying he lost his wife before Laci died,booking towards Mexico,etc,etc.

I do have to say,if he would have pleaded more with the media and was more active in the investigation,guilty or not he would have got off.I think the coldness factor really didnt help but in my opinion hes guilty anyways.

Kidhuman
12-13-2004, 04:24 PM
Done Deal, he will die.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/12/13/peterson.case/index.html

El Chuxter
12-13-2004, 04:32 PM
Unfortunately, drawing and quartering is considered "cruel and unusual" in this country.

plasticfetish
12-13-2004, 05:12 PM
Done Deal, he will die.In about 20 years, the way things go in this state. Though I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make it 'til the end of the year. He's not gonna be liked at San Quentin. Maybe he can bunk with Charles Manson. :dead:

Exhaust Port
12-13-2004, 06:38 PM
They should install an express lane.

Kidhuman
12-13-2004, 08:46 PM
In about 20 years, the way things go in this state. Though I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make it 'til the end of the year. He's not gonna be liked at San Quentin. Maybe he can bunk with Charles Manson. :dead:

That would be a movie of the week I would watch.

Slicker
12-13-2004, 10:24 PM
I agree with PF. I don't think that inmates will take kindly to both a women killer and baby killer. I wrote it earlier in this thread and I still think and hope he's gonna get the same treatment as Dahmer.

bobafrett
12-14-2004, 09:38 AM
Well, he is a "pretty boy" so I hope he gets a lot of, well you know, that carnal knowledge stuff they do in prison, then he gets tied to a rock, and dropped into the ocean.

El Chuxter
12-14-2004, 11:57 AM
kidhuman, I think he should be roomies with Toot. :D

stillakid
12-14-2004, 01:53 PM
just thoughts. Did our court system work in our favor, or against us.

The Thin Blue Line (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096257/plotsummary)

Prosecuters are not always interested in doing the right thing. It's their job to get a conviction no matter what. I don't know if that happened in the Peterson case, but it is food for thought, especially in a case with nothing but circumstantial evidence. Especially in a case where the accused is sentenced to death.

JEDIpartner
12-14-2004, 03:07 PM
Scott will, no doubt, be spending about 20 years on Death Row awaiting his execution. The State of California has about 614 inmates ahead of him. I don't know if that was brought up by anyone, but I thought I'd throw it out there...

Kidhuman
12-14-2004, 04:07 PM
kidhuman, I think he should be roomies with Toot. :D

LMAO..................

I love you Captain Morgan............<smash>...........on know....you're bleeding.