PDA

View Full Version : Imperial Scanning Trooper

Mad Slanted Powers
11-13-2004, 07:35 PM
Today at Toys R Us I found Slave Leia, Gamorrean Guard and Bib Fortuna, so now the Scanning Trooper is the only OTC figure I have left to get. From what I have read in the case assortment thread, it appears he is only available one to a case. Is this correct?

evenflow
11-13-2004, 07:45 PM
Well I have yet to find him, or pretty much else. So i am uncertain.

KIDD
11-13-2004, 08:02 PM
Yes u are correct 1 per case

Mad Slanted Powers
11-13-2004, 10:04 PM
I checked that thread again and saw that I had missed this case assortment:

3x Cloud Car Pilot (OTC #19),
3x Lobot (OTC # 20),
3x Lando Calrissian in Skiff Guard Disguise (OTC #32),
3x Imperial Scanning Crew Member - Fan's Choice #6 (OTC #38).

So maybe there's still a chance I'll find it in this case.

mastermatt24
11-13-2004, 10:48 PM
Thats really weird. Ive seen tons of lobots and CC Pilots, but never a scaning crew guy or the skiff lando.

Kidhuman
11-13-2004, 11:19 PM
For all case asst's please check here.

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showthread.php?p=355581

Mad Slanted Powers
11-14-2004, 01:10 AM
Thats really weird. Ive seen tons of lobots and CC Pilots, but never a scaning crew guy or the skiff lando.

It probably isn't out yet, as the post I got that info from says 12/04. See Kidhuman's link.

JediTricks
11-14-2004, 04:20 AM
The only time I saw this figure, there were 3 of them on the pegs and nowhere near enough other figures to suggest 3 whole cases of product out there.

Rebo's_Guitarist
11-14-2004, 10:32 AM
There were 5 new pegs of otc and I found 7 of Scanning Troopers.........

jrsharp21
11-14-2004, 12:35 PM
I checked that thread again and saw that I had missed this case assortment:

3x Cloud Car Pilot (OTC #19),
3x Lobot (OTC # 20),
3x Lando Calrissian in Skiff Guard Disguise (OTC #32),
3x Imperial Scanning Crew Member - Fan's Choice #6 (OTC #38).

So maybe there's still a chance I'll find it in this case.
This wave has been available at my local TRU for about two weeks now. Yesterday thay had about 6 or 7 cases of this wave out on the floor.

mastermatt24
11-14-2004, 02:55 PM
This sucks. Either its not out or the stores around here really suck. My TRU still has not received a SINGLE OTC figure yet. :cry: I think its due to the fact that they still have tons of the bad saga ones left. But I was able to find an Elom.. Go figure.. :ermm:

Kidhuman
11-14-2004, 09:07 PM
The case asst. dates I have in the thread are from EE> I get the info of case asst. from them and post them here. The date is refers to when Hasbro will ship to them.

tagmac
11-14-2004, 10:17 PM
I found a bunch of them at Target last week. Already had the one from the Falcon case, so I picked up just one carded to make the pair.

X13VADER
11-15-2004, 10:44 AM
I Did Find One At Tru I Could Use About 10 More Though. Always Wanted More Of This Figure To Suppliment My Imperial Forces. I Asked If They Had More Out Back And He Did Bring Out One Case But He Was Not In It. I Am Always Looking For More Stormtroopers Has Anyone Seen Any?

ANEEL
11-15-2004, 11:31 AM
Did I Hear Someone Needs Stormtroppers I Have 20 Comteck Tropps I Am Getting Rid Let Me Know .

mastermatt24
11-15-2004, 06:41 PM
Ok.. Went to TRU in Brea and found Tuskens and Jawas and one Skiff Lando.. somethings up with those dates unless he was in another case as well. So close.

TheDarthVader
11-15-2004, 07:27 PM
I still need: slave leia, jawas, tusken raider, and ist. The only figures I have found recently were at Wal Mart. I found ONE Bib, ONE gam guard, and ONE Hoth Vader. I was very happy though when I found that snow Vader!! :D

B.
TDV

mastermatt24
11-16-2004, 12:07 AM
I dont know where you live but If your in southern CA it might be worth the drive to La Habra WM beacuse they have all of those you dont have, and La Mirada TRU has 3 cases worth of the jawa+tusken wave..
Hope that helps. :)

bobafrett
11-16-2004, 02:28 PM
I was able to get 1 scanning crew member, but it came from the case with only 1 per case.

Two days ago, I found the first 5 of the 05' series.

El Chuxter
11-16-2004, 03:09 PM
Wait a sec. . . When did the Scanning Pooper win a Fan's Choice Poll? :confused:

Was it something like this?

Vote for the next Fan's Choice Figure!

Corde (Padme's Handmaiden)
Obi-Wan Kenobi (Clonetrooper Armor)
Bom Vimdin (Mos Eisley Cantina)
Ice Cream Maker Guy
Piece of crap 1980 mold rehash that looked like a pig terd when originally released with a "ready for the garbage collector" Millenium Falcon carrying case

I mean, they could've taken one of the new Imperial Officer heads and slapped it on the Han Solo: AT-ST Driver Disguise and had the same basic result, only with a much better sculpt.

Turbowars
11-16-2004, 07:36 PM
Wait a sec. . . When did the Scanning Pooper win a Fan's Choice Poll? :confused:

I mean, they could've taken one of the new Imperial Officer heads and slapped it on the Han Solo: AT-ST Driver Disguise and had the same basic result, only with a much better sculpt.No, it's not a Fan's Choice Poll figure. It was originally labeled as such, but Hasbro quickly took the Fan poll title off the web site. I quess they got a lot of crap for doing so. We wanted a poll of new figures, not old rehashes. How ever it was a poll, but a poll of rehashes. They gave us the option of who.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
11-16-2004, 08:27 PM
I believe it was Han Stormtrooper (from the Trash Compactor Screen Scene), R2-D2 with Holo Leia, Death Star Trooper, Admiral Motti, the Imperial Trooper, and some other old piece of crap. Han and Motti were winning then they decided to bring out the Trooper, then he won. Apparently there was a confusion when they said "take down number 6" because they had been calling it Fan Poll 6, but they mistakenly took off the Trooper for a while.

Jayspawn
11-18-2004, 10:56 AM
MOOOHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :crazed: :crazed: Just picked up an Imperial Scanning Crew Trooper at Target!!! This is the 1ST time I've EVER seen him. He is one of the few figures that ALWAYS got away from me! And for YEARS he has evaded me! Over and over again I searched stores for the Millennium Falcon Carry Case only to find them ever containing Wedge (which I bought of course) but NEVER the Scanning Trooper!!!! On Ebay there was always 1 bid higher than MINE to get the Scanning Trooper!

But alas, I walk into Target and find only 1 NEW OTC figure and its the SCANNING TROOPER no less!! :evil: :evil: :evil: Victory and the Scanning Trooper are at last MINE!!!

Ok, thats the end of my tyranical rant.

JEDIpartner
11-18-2004, 02:01 PM
I was gonna say... he ain't that impressive. Don't blow it all here... ;)

Jayspawn
11-18-2004, 02:12 PM
Haha, I know hes not that impressive -but the fact remains that I've never been able to get him and now I have!

El Chuxter
11-18-2004, 03:06 PM
True, but I could burst your bubble by pointing out he has a different hair color than the original. :p

Kidhuman
11-18-2004, 06:32 PM
I got him the other day, and his hands are huge. Like they put extra goop into the mold. I dunno if they are all like this, but it looked horrid. But alas, like Jayspawn, I am glad I finally got one.

mastermatt24
11-18-2004, 06:42 PM
What color is his hair?

El Chuxter
11-18-2004, 06:48 PM
What color is his hair?

The original had black hair. All the OTC ones I've seen appear to be "strawberry blondes."

JediTricks
11-19-2004, 02:16 AM
The "prototype" photo on the back of the card is of the original version of this figure. Look at that thing's eyes, they're so painfully crappy, one of the worst jobs in POTF2. I'll give it to Hasbro with this OTC version, they took a really weak figure and gave it a decent head paint job to counter it. Still, they could have simply repainted the POTJ/Saga Imperial Officer figure and gotten a better verison of this character.

BoShek
11-21-2004, 03:41 PM
I would really like to see a Motti on the pegs. I never saw one before and I don't have him.

Darth Alex
11-22-2004, 12:57 PM
MOOOHAHAHAHAHA!!!! :crazed: :crazed: Just picked up an Imperial Scanning Crew Trooper at Target!!! This is the 1ST time I've EVER seen him. He is one of the few figures that ALWAYS got away from me! And for YEARS he has evaded me! Over and over again I searched stores for the Millennium Falcon Carry Case only to find them ever containing Wedge (which I bought of course) but NEVER the Scanning Trooper!!!! On Ebay there was always 1 bid higher than MINE to get the Scanning Trooper!

But alas, I walk into Target and find only 1 NEW OTC figure and its the SCANNING TROOPER no less!! :evil: :evil: :evil: Victory and the Scanning Trooper are at last MINE!!!

Ok, thats the end of my tyranical rant.
I am happy for you, it is quite a thing to finally get a figure you want acutally from retail.
Rant on...I'll join you when I finally get a case of this wave....

Slicker
11-26-2004, 10:24 PM
I was finally able to get my hands on #38 just the other day. He's not in the best of shape but until I see another one I'll keep him in his nice little home. Also he's nothing special so why is he so tough to find? Short packed? What?

Hellboy
11-26-2004, 10:36 PM
so why is he so tough to find? Short packed? What?

Basically because he is an army builder and many of the people who wanted this figure when it was first released missed the opportunity or weren't willing to buy the carring case just to get their hands on him. He was 2 per case in the first assortment he appeared in so he isn't short packed. I've bought 5 for myself and a few extras that I passed out to a couple of friends. I actually think he is easier to find than some of the other figures released in the past few waves like Hoth Vader or the Gamorrean Guard.

Slicker
11-26-2004, 10:51 PM
I've been seeing alot of the Gam. Gaurd wave lately around here. Still haven't seen the Hoth Vader though.

And damn you army builders all to hell.:)

Rocketboy
11-26-2004, 11:03 PM
Hoth Vader and the Gammorean Guard are fairly plentiful here.

TheCricket
11-27-2004, 03:25 PM
I've seen the Hoth Vader, DS Vader, Slave Leia, Gam Guard wave just once. A local Walmart got several cases of it, and they were nearly cleaned out in 48 hours. Meanwhile, every other store has pegs full of Saga.

I've never seen a Scanning Trooper. He was one per case in the first assortment, and there's a newer wave with 3 ST's and Skiff Lando...couple others.

Veers
11-27-2004, 08:32 PM
I picked up 3 of them at TRU.

Darkross
12-03-2004, 11:15 AM
Last night I scorred the Imperial Scanning Trooper and 2 Scout Troopers at Wal-Mart. I also noticed that Zellers was carrying both the Canadian Cards and American cards of the OTC. I found Cloud Car Pilot, Lobot, and Bespin Leia on both Cards. Needless to say...the Scout Troopers and Imperial Scanning Trooper were on Canadian cards. Nice find since it has been next to impossible to find these guys lately. Had to go to Moncton, NB to find them.

Val Da Car
12-03-2004, 03:13 PM
Actually I have done that and he looks pretty cool....even Dutch Vander's looks good but I digress since this is not the customizers forum.

Pictures due soon

I mean, they could've taken one of the new Imperial Officer heads and slapped it on the Han Solo: AT-ST Driver Disguise and had the same basic result, only with a much better sculpt.

Val Da Car
12-03-2004, 03:14 PM
Is there going to be two different heads...one to match the picture and the blond one that is currently shipping?

dindae
12-03-2004, 04:51 PM
The one pictured on the card is the one released from the Falcon carrying case. So I don't think so and I haven't heard anyone suggest otherwise.

Kidhuman
12-03-2004, 08:18 PM
I dont think there will be variants of these. If that was the case they would of shipped alot more of him.

AmanaMatt
12-08-2004, 06:55 PM
I finally got the Scanning officer fig today @ Kaybee - out here in Texas, this has been the hardest fig to find for me. Considering I did not vote for this toy, I have to say that on card and with the new paint op, he does seem cool and worthy enough to be a carded fig.

Now, I gotta find the Cantina wave (and just when I thought I was current).

Mad Slanted Powers
12-13-2004, 09:48 PM
At last! I have found it! Went to Fred Meyer after work to get some milk and orange juice and checked the figures first as I usually do. There were two of them there, and I bought them both. Also, they were only $3.99 each.

Kidhuman
12-13-2004, 09:49 PM
Nice deal Posty. AInt nothing like finding the HTF stuff on Clearance.

Hellboy
12-14-2004, 07:19 PM
At last! I have found it! Went to Fred Meyer after work to get some milk and orange juice and checked the figures first as I usually do. There were two of them there, and I bought them both. Also, they were only $3.99 each.

I noticed the same thing at the Fred Meyer stores in Portland. Tons of Jawas, Tusken Raiders and Scanning Troopers all for $3.99. Not like I really needed them but I couldn't resist and picked up a few more Scanning Troopers. :crazed:

bobafrett
12-14-2004, 08:47 PM
We got a lot of the scanning troopers at the Wal-Mart in Villa Park. This couldn't have been from the case where they had only one per case. After all we had about 5 more still on the peg.

Kidhuman
12-14-2004, 08:53 PM
We got a lot of the scanning troopers at the Wal-Mart in Villa Park. This couldn't have been from the case where they had only one per case. After all we had about 5 more still on the peg.

They came in the case that had 3 each of him, Cloud Car Pilot, Bespin Leia and I think Lando Skiff.

Devo
12-14-2004, 11:31 PM
I don't understand whats going on with my store but they haven't gotten in any OTC stuff since the Dagobah and Bespin waves (i.e the first of OTC). Looks like I'm not going to be getting any army builders this time either and certainly not the scanning trooper.

mastermatt24
12-16-2004, 12:00 AM
I noticed the same thing at the Fred Meyer stores
And what exactlty is a Fred Meyer store? (Theres none in CA that I know of)

Slicker
12-16-2004, 01:02 AM
From the looks of it stores are finally getting around to stocking the Scanning Trooper wave or Hasbro has included more of them in cases. I've seen several of them around me but in not to good of shape so I didn't post the findings.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-16-2004, 02:42 AM
And what exactlty is a Fred Meyer store? (Theres none in CA that I know of)

I think Fred Meyer is mostly in the Northwest - Washington, Oregon, Idaho. I believe they are owned by Kroger now, but I think Kroger stores are mostly grocery stores. Fred Meyer is more like a Wal-Mart supercenter, but nicer I think. I hadn't bought many figures there, but this year I found a lot there before it showed up in other places. Part of that was due to the fact that I now live down the street from Fred Meyer, whereas before it was on the other side of town from Wal-Mart, K-Mart, Target and Toys R Us (and KB, but they closed). However, there is now a second Fred Meyer in town near all those stores.

Slicker
12-16-2004, 02:46 PM
I found 8-10 in one single Wal-Mart today. Along with about 15 different OTC figures. It looked like they just restocked with several cases.

Val Da Car
12-18-2004, 03:31 PM
My WM must have found the storage trailer with the OTC figs in them!!!!

I saw 5 Imp soldiers also.

TheCricket
12-18-2004, 04:22 PM
Val Da Car- Which case assortments did they have? I drove home to Iowa yesterday and made a few stops...saw tons of the Generals wave, but little else. One WM Supercenter had about 20 pegs and nothing but Madine, Han, Lando, Bespin Leia.

Val Da Car
12-18-2004, 05:29 PM
Case Assortments in the Racine WM looked like the following:

Wave 11, Revision 2 - 3x Darth Vader (Hoth) - The Empire Strikes Back (OTC #29), 2x Gamorrean Guard (OTC #30), 2x Bib Fortuna (OTC #31), 2x Princess Leia in Slave Outfit - Return of the Jedi (OTC #33), 3x Darth Vader - A New Hope (OTC #34) (subject to change)

Wave 11 Revision 3 - 1x Luke Skywalker - Jedi (OTC #6), 2x Scout Trooper (OTC #11), 1x Luke Skywalker Bespin Outfit (OTC #26), 2x IG-88 (OTC #27), 1x Greedo (OTC #22), 2x Snowtrooper (OTC #25), 1x Lando Calirssian in Skiff Guard Disguise (OTC #32), 1x Darth Vader - A New Hope (OTC #34), 1x General Lando Calrissian (OTC #37) (subject to change). All information and descriptions are subject to change.

Bossks, Cloud Car Pilots, Lando Skiff..

Good Luck

Mandalorian Candidat
12-20-2004, 05:09 PM
I finally found this booger on Friday at a local WM. Not too great, but it's nice to have a different imp guy to add to the mix. I was able to get him and the Jabba Palace Lando for $4 each cause those WM dopes failed to pull off the Target price match ad from the week before off the pegs. :D

kool-aid killer
12-20-2004, 05:52 PM
I found one last Friday, hanging among two others. Does this scanning trooper look slightly different from the one that came in the Falcon case years ago? I could swear the old one was brunette, whereas this one looks like hes a blonde. Either way, hes a good addition to the rank and file of my Imperial Army.

dindae
12-20-2004, 05:57 PM
I found one last Friday, hanging among two others. Does this scanning trooper look slightly different from the one that came in the Falcon case years ago? I could swear the old one was brunette, whereas this one looks like hes a blonde. Either way, hes a good addition to the rank and file of my Imperial Army.

He is different. The old one is picture on the back actually if you want to compare.

kool-aid killer
12-20-2004, 06:02 PM
Yes, the ol memory still serves! Thanks Dindae, for whatever reason i didnt bother checking this current version to the picture on the back.

TheDarthVader
12-21-2004, 03:05 PM
Yeah I am sure Hasbro HAD to change the figure because when it was released with the carrying case it was an "exclusive" figure. I still have not found one around here. :( There are still old Ep2 Pilot Padmes on the shelf; simply pitiful. The ones I need right now are: Vader ANH #34, Leia Slave Outfit OTC, and Tusken Raider OTC (and of course scanning member). Can anyone help? If so, PM me. Thanks.

B.
TDV

Veers
12-22-2004, 08:18 AM
They have tons of the Scanning Crew Figures on the pegs at Wal Mart. They must have about 9 on the pegs. They were 3 per case.

MandalorianKid
12-22-2004, 09:29 AM
They have tons of the Scanning Crew Figures on the pegs at Wal Mart. They must have about 9 on the pegs. They were 3 per case.
Yeah i noticed that every store i go to has just about all the same case assorment and no other figures then the ones in that assorment. I almsot got it down to which stores will almost alwasy have which figures. unfortunatly NONE of mine have the scanning trooper for long :(

DarthQuack
12-23-2004, 01:37 PM
Just picked up mine along with an animated Mace.

Ric Olie
12-24-2004, 05:25 PM
I saw a couple at a Walmart I visit every now and then. I left him hanging there. I still can't believe he won over Motti.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-24-2004, 07:44 PM
I saw a couple at a Walmart I visit every now and then. I left him hanging there. I still can't believe he won over Motti.

Perhaps because the only way to get the trooper before was with the carrying case. Not a convenient way to get an army builder type of figure. Motti would have been a good choice though. Then I could keep the new one carded and open the old one.

DarthQuack
12-24-2004, 08:21 PM
I totally agree with you on this. While it's nice to have the Scanning Trooper carded, it would have been just great to get Motti, the ultimate heel character.

Kidhuman
12-24-2004, 11:59 PM
I totally agree with you on this. While it's nice to have the Scanning Trooper carded, it would have been just great to get Motti, the ultimate heel character.

http://search.ebay.com/admiral-Motti_W0QQsokeywordredirectZ1QQfromZR8

There is Motti. I just got mine a few months ago from GreenGoblin(forgot numbers). I personally dont mind the scanning trooper since I had the reset carded already and Han from the screen scene looks like poopy.

Devo
12-25-2004, 09:20 PM
A festive moan:

I think I already mentioned it in this thread but I have yet to see at retail any OTC figures beyond the Dagobah and Bespin waves except for the Pablo Gill group. Nor has there been anything other than those waves on my usual online store. I don't understand why. Were the rest produced in limited amounts? Are my stores deliberately not buying them because there are many repacks? I don't see why they'd do that because the OTC repacks are the kind of figures that'd fly off the shelves - almost every army builder produced over the last 6 years. I still only have one commtech Stormie - forget the scanning trooper - why the hell can I not find a stormtrooper?? Wouldn't he be classed as a 'main character'? I can get every Luke figure they make, every Vader figure but I haven't seen a stormtrooper on the pegs since 1999. No HOF, no OTC, no VOTC. There seems to be an army builder repelling deflector shield in operation where I live, which screens out any cases that have the stormtrooper, scout trooper or sandtrooper - much like the snow shield which prevented me from getting the white christmas that everyone else around me seemed to get.

Mad Slanted Powers
12-26-2004, 01:13 AM
I've managed to find the stormtroopers, but not in large quantity. Never see too many scout troopers, else I would probably have got two on the OTC card. Didn't see too many when they were on POTJ cards either. There have been lots of TIE pilots around though.

mastermatt24
12-26-2004, 01:16 AM
And I thought I had it bad.. :crazed: :crazed:
I passed on a votc stormie yesterday that I found stashed at Wal Mart. Went up front and took one look at the lines and then I walked back to stash it again. I allready have about six.. :cry: I shouldnt be army building with these!! But I would buy the regular one..... but can I find it at retail??? NO!! The only otc one I have I got at comic con.. and that was last summer!! Hasblow is really messed up.

JediTricks
12-27-2004, 11:50 PM
Hasbro pretty much ignores Europe enitrely now, sometimes they'll throw a bone with the first wave of a new SW line, but it fades very quickly after that.

TheDarthVader
12-29-2004, 01:30 PM
I found about 5 otc stormtroopers. I still have not seen one VOTC stormtrooper. :( I still need 6 VOTC figures...which sucks.

B.
TDV

Val Da Car
01-02-2005, 01:08 AM
I passed by a WM that was out of the way and found 12 Imperial Troopers on clearance for $3.00 each..

whoa

mastermatt24
01-02-2005, 01:10 AM
Errrrr. I wouldve bought some from you. :(

Val Da Car
01-02-2005, 01:12 AM
I found 2 VOTC troopers tucked away in another dept during my travels yesterday.

LMK if you want them.

mastermatt24
01-02-2005, 03:37 AM
LMK if you want them.

I have enough votc stormies :rolleyes: . (Spent way too much on them..) But if your talking about the scaninng crew, heck yea I want them! :crazed:

Devo
01-28-2005, 09:47 AM
Is the scanning crewman actually any good? How does the sculpt stand up to more recent figures? Wasn't it just the body of the ATST pilot and a then 'new' head? I'm considering buying two from a site but they're a bit more expensive than the other figures.

DarthQuack
01-28-2005, 10:22 AM
I would say they are pretty decent, if even for cronies for army building but always nice to have it.

Kidhuman
01-28-2005, 10:48 AM
They arent bad looking. Basic figure wiht accessory. Personally, I think there hands are huge.

Slicker
01-28-2005, 05:42 PM
Like I've said before the Scanning Trooper reminds me of the early POTF2 figures with the big beefy muscles. This could be because the figure was first sculpted when they released the Millenium Falcon carrying case. And I'm pretty sure this is the same sculpt.

sith_killer_99
01-28-2005, 08:00 PM
Yep, exact same figure with a new paint job. Nice for anyone who didn't get him with the MF carry case. I ended up buying a few of these for my army. I even managed to find a few on clearance, :)

Val Da Car
01-28-2005, 10:44 PM
Quack,

I agree...The WM no one shops by me and The Cricket found all of their cases with them in it and put them clearance for $3 each.

Now to go back and get the $2 Cloud Car Pilots & Lobots

mastermatt24
01-29-2005, 12:26 AM
I still havent got one yet and they guy I was going to buy if from never got back to me. :(

JediTricks
01-29-2005, 02:26 AM
It's not as horrible as the Bespin Guard pack-in figure from the Carbonite Chamber playset, but it's not that close to the modern quality in terms of sculpt (though the paint work is better than the original release). Still, as previously pointed out, only the fat featureless hands are really that out of touch with the modern figs as the outfit has an ok sculpt and the new paint work helps bring it alive, but don't expect miracles either. My advice if you want a really great sculpt is to repaint the POTJ Imperial Officer figure. ;)

BoShek
02-08-2005, 06:26 PM
I found one for $2 at Wal Mart today!

Devo
02-09-2005, 09:49 PM
It's not as horrible as the Bespin Guard pack-in figure from the Carbonite Chamber playset, but it's not that close to the modern quality in terms of sculpt (though the paint work is better than the original release). Still, as previously pointed out, only the fat featureless hands are really that out of touch with the modern figs as the outfit has an ok sculpt and the new paint work helps bring it alive, but don't expect miracles either. My advice if you want a really great sculpt is to repaint the POTJ Imperial Officer figure. ;)

I got two of them from r2dtoys. I never had the first release but I understood from pics that I'd seen that it was just the AT-ST pilots body and limbs with a new head. I love the paintjob on this reissue, I agree that it brings the figure up a notch. The head is small and the face crap, though as you say not as crap as the Bespin guard pack-in. I'm glad I bought them. I've currently got them at the loading ramp of my OTC Falcon with 2 VOTC stormies all on top of a glass display unit, a mini-diorama which looks quite good.

JediTricks
02-09-2005, 09:58 PM
Glad you were able to get one of these. I think the limbs are actually from another figure, I'll have to check my shelf for that though.

What kills me is that the scanning box never got a lid or contents.

Slicker
02-10-2005, 03:56 AM
What kills me is that the scanning box never got a lid or contents.That's why you add your own contents like M&M's or Pop Rocks. The Scanning Troopers could be intergalactic pirates that smuggle there booty (ha I typed booty) in "scanners".

Hey, if Boba can get out of the Sarlaac then I can have my booty smuggling Scanning Troopers.

mastermatt24
02-10-2005, 11:58 PM
LOL!!!! Omg I laughed so much when I read that..

Thanks for a good laugh- I needed it! :D

Slicker
02-11-2005, 02:04 AM
That's my ultimate goal. So many people are so serious when they post losing the fact that this is supposed to be fun. If you look at most of my posts I try to make a joke or two in each of 'em.

I'm glad I'm doing my job well seeing as I'm also the official ABFC court jester.:crazed:

TeeEye7
01-28-2008, 12:11 AM
I have no recollection of ever seeing the scanning crew figure on the pegs.

Does someone have a photo they could post of it, please?

Mad Slanted Powers
01-28-2008, 12:32 AM

http://www.rebelscum.com/OTC38imperialtrooper.asp

It was just a repaint of the one that came with the Falcon carrying case.

TeeEye7
01-28-2008, 02:36 PM
Thank you, sir. I didn't think of looking over at RS.

I "googled" looking for it, but all I could find was a photo of the Falcon carrying case only. Nothing showed me the packed-in figure, nor could I find the carded version. It's not all that bad of a figure IMO ("Plain Jane", but not bad).

As I said, somehow I missed this one. I never paid too much attention to "fan's choice" figures, either. I was collecting hot and heavy when my son was a little feller. He usually dictated what was to make up our collection. I may need to pick this up and add it to the ANH core collection.

Thanks again, MSP! :thumbsup:

Kidhuman
01-28-2008, 03:14 PM
I miht have an extra Teeeye, just have to look for it.

TeeEye7
01-28-2008, 04:54 PM
Cool!

If you have one you can part with, please PM me! :thumbsup:

TI7

Kidhuman
01-28-2008, 05:10 PM
I will, just have to look for it.

Mad Slanted Powers
01-28-2008, 07:25 PM
Thank you, sir. I didn't think of looking over at RS.

I "googled" looking for it, but all I could find was a photo of the Falcon carrying case only. Nothing showed me the packed-in figure, nor could I find the carded version. It's not all that bad of a figure IMO ("Plain Jane", but not bad).

As I said, somehow I missed this one. I never paid too much attention to "fan's choice" figures, either. I was collecting hot and heavy when my son was a little feller. He usually dictated what was to make up our collection. I may need to pick this up and add it to the ANH core collection.

Thanks again, MSP! :thumbsup:You're welcome. It probably didn't show up because I think the carded version was just called Imperial Trooper, no scanning in the name.

TeeEye7
01-28-2008, 07:41 PM
That would answer a lot. In those days, my son was a stormie army builder; much cooler looking than a jive imperial trooper. Bringing that to my attention, maybe I have seen it, but passed on it back then. I still think I need one for the collection, though, and hopefully KH might be able to help me out.

Thanks again for the clarification, MSP! :D

Kidhuman
01-28-2008, 09:30 PM
TI, I do have an extra one. PM me your info and I will get it to you soon.

TeeEye7
01-29-2008, 12:08 AM
Duck! Incoming PM!

Thanks, KH!

TI7

Val Da Car
01-29-2008, 10:59 AM
I remember this guy, I found 10 of them at a WM being clearanced out for $5 each.

JON9000
01-29-2008, 12:33 PM
Never saw him at retail. I am hoping they repaint an imperial officer to make a new scanning trooper. POTF2 figures just look out of place now!

Has anybody tried swapping parts on a Han ATST driver and the Imperial Officer to make a decent scanning trooper? I don't have the necessary figures to try. :sad:

TeeEye7
02-02-2008, 08:57 PM
I went to our local scal...er...collectibles store (they are wh*res who reside at Frank&Sons on the weekends) this afternoon on a quest for mabs and saw several packaged Imperial Scanning Trooper pack-ins from the Millennium Falcon case. Asking $25 a pop for them. No, I didn't buy one. :duh!:

jjreason
02-03-2008, 03:53 PM
They could very well redo this guy with the parts Jon described above. I'd prefer the black pants/white tunic Imp.... but a new Scanner dude would be okay.

I still need the pack-in, the OTC one was slightly repainted.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
02-10-2008, 12:59 PM

I got likely and saw it at Rite-Aid drugstore around 2005. Never saw it at the normal retail or toy stores.