PDA

View Full Version : nintendo DS!

hango fett
11-14-2004, 12:53 PM
hey all. i just got the chance to play this new system at wal-mart. it is incredible! everyone was saying that the stylus would be inconviniant and a pain to manuver with. i beg to differ. i had no trouble finding my way on metroid prime: first hunt demo. the graphics are awsome, the sound is great, the touch screen is alot better than people have been saying, and the overall desgin of it is very sleek and compact. th eonly thing i didn't figure out was how to adjust the volume. i am selling a bunch of my gamecube stuff and GBA SP so i can get some credit at gamestop so i can reserve it and get it next monday!!!!
HF

plasticfetish
11-14-2004, 01:01 PM
Yeah, it looks great! Just about everything I've read about it has been positive also. Haven't played it yet, I'll have to look at my W*M to see if they have 'em out.

I think they're going for $150 right? I'm glad I never picked up a second SP for myself (my wife bought one for her and the kid) so now I can get one of these. :)

hango fett
11-14-2004, 01:19 PM
yep. 150. it was weird that the wal-mart i went to had it out because i was just reading about stores putting it out for display use on the nintendo site last night! i guess it pays to read! plus, it was funny because as soon as i saw it, i ran over to it and played it with a little kid standing right by it. i thought the kid would be mad, but he just went over and played X-box. i am going back over to WM in a little bit to show it to my mom and dad. i originally wanted it for x-mas, but if i can pawn enough stuff off, it will be mine a week from tomorrow!
HF

hango fett
11-15-2004, 05:44 PM
well, i went to gamestop today and they are already sould out of the DS pre-orders....which means the first shippment they get is gone, but they said that if they have any extras, i could buy them. i hope to god there are extras....because i just sold $165.90 worth of gamecube/gameboy stuff! that is a dollar more than i need to buy the DS with tax included!
HF

hango fett
11-21-2004, 12:54 PM
well,i got the DS today and it is as good as i hoped it would be! plus i was the 1st at gamestop to buy the DS!!! yeah!!!!
HF

plasticfetish
11-21-2004, 04:27 PM
Cool! What game(s) did you get?

hango fett
11-21-2004, 05:47 PM
the metroid demo (duh) and super mario 64 DS. mario looks better than it did on the 64! plus you start with yoshi which is my favirote(sp?) charater! and the GBA games look great on it!
hope you can get one, PF!
HF

bigbarada
01-22-2005, 05:12 PM
I'm going to hold out for Animal Crossing DS to come out before I buy this system. Hopefully by then the price will drop.

It's just really hard for me to shell out $150 for a handheld when I could buy an X-Box or PS2 for the exact same price.

plasticfetish
01-22-2005, 11:01 PM
Hey bigbarada!

Animal Crossing will sell me on the DS for sure. Wow! I hadn't even thought about that game for Nintendo DS.

I just looked it up, and it shows a September 2005 release date. Says the game can have up to 4 players at once per village with a wireless connection.

Ah. It looks great!