PDA

View Full Version : Adult Swim Action Figures

Kidhuman
11-14-2004, 09:02 PM
Yes, now everyone can get their own Adult Swim figures. Click the lin below. Due out 04/05.

http://store.yahoo.com/actionfigurexpress/aswacfise1.html

JediTricks
11-14-2004, 09:24 PM
They look like statues, but they're from Palisades so they'll probably be articulated and pretty decent. Having them be 2packs is a real downer though, I don't want to buy Mothman or that silly Harvey Birdman bear just to get Shake & Phil (and since I'm not all that insterested in ATHF anyway, Phil is the only confirmed likely-to-buy for me right now ;)). Still, nice to see the love getting shared.

Kidhuman
11-14-2004, 10:48 PM
Its only series 1 though JT, hopefully there will be many more to come from it.

Rocketboy
11-15-2004, 10:47 AM
Yeah, I hope so. It'd be a shame to only have a Shake figure and not the other great characters like: Carl, Meatwad, Frylock, Dr Weird, Steve, Inignot (and Err), and the the two other aliens ( I can't think of their names right now).

Slicker
11-15-2004, 12:08 PM
Yeah, I'd really love to have the mooninites from ATHF. I'd take a Thundercleis (sp?) from the Brak show too.

JediTricks
11-15-2004, 09:11 PM
After last night's awful display, I'm beginning to wonder if there will be an Adult Swim at all by next year. Palisades has themselves potentially in a world of hurt because the AS shows are so transitory, they are basically disposable comedies - that may work for AS, but it won't be good for Palisades because when these shows only have a half-million viewing audience to begin with and then are low-risk for AS to simply turn them to pot like Sealab or cancel them abruptly like The Brak Show, there probably won't be any significant interest in buying toys from the show.

JediCole
11-16-2004, 09:44 PM
Here's the story on Palasade's Adult Swim line, straight from Palasades reps at Wizard World. (Incidentally, the prototypes of Master Shake and Mothmonsterman, as well as some macquettes of all of the figures, including all three Aqua Teens were on display. Oddly enough, the macquettes, which were not articulated and probably what is shown on the photo linked to this forum, were much smaller than the prototypes! This is the opposite of what you usually see, but may explain why they lacked the articulation that the larger, final figures will enjoy.)

At any rate, the scoop is this: Palasades has the rights to produce figures based on five AS properties, Aquateen Hunger Force, Harvey Birdman, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Sealab 2021, and The Brak Show. Their plan is to release figures from four properties per wave. So in Wave 2, expect to see Space Ghost Coast to Coast featured as one of the two packs and one of the other four to be absent. They will continue this rotation as long as the line lasts.

Unfortunatly, the two-pack approach, coupled with the mixed-bag approach, will probably signal the death of the line early on, leaving collectors of any given (or multiple) show lines with an incomplete collection for all time. I've seen the old, "We'll just hold that character out for Wave 2" approach fail far too often to expect that this exaggerated form of the same will work. But then again there was over a one year gap between the original Space Ghost figure put out by Resaurus and their "Sidekicks" line that completed the show's principle cast (and that former release is why Palasades held SGCTC out of Wave 1 of Adult Swim). And there was a frighteningly lengthy gap between the first and second waves of South Park figures which led some to claim that the line had tanked and there would never be a Kenny figure. Having just received Wave 3 (Chef, Mr. Garrison, Wendy, and Mrs. Cartman) with Wave 4 featured on the back of the card, I suspect that the South Park line may stick around a while. (For those who are curious, Wave 4 will feature Mr. Macky, um-kay?, Big (fill in the blank) Al, Jimmy, and Shelly.)