PDA

View Full Version : The Deep Discount DVD sale

Pages : [1] 2

James Boba Fettfield
11-14-2004, 11:15 PM
www.deepdiscountdvd.com

It's a reliable site, I shop there all the time for dvd's. You can trust them, but they only carry Region 1 dvd's. If you don't understand what regions are, know this: if you're in North America, you're cool to purchase without problems.

Now that the formalities are out of the way, here's the point of this thread. Deep Discount sells some cheap dvd's. Usually they're the lowest priced online dvd store you can shop at. They also offer free, but a little slow, shipping. I never have to wait too long with the free shipping (1 week usually) so it's nice to use it to save more money.

Anyway, DDD is running a sale this week. I learned about it through Fangoria and Horror Channel's message boards. The sale allows you to take 20% off your purchases, but it only applies to in-stock DVD's. No pre-orders or anything other than already released and available to purchase dvd's are applied to this discount.

You'll need to enter a code when you're purchasing. You'll see the box asking for the code when you check out. The following codes work:

NYTIMES
BARGAINFLIX
WGN
USATODAY
KLSX
PRICESEARCH
WCKG
GOOGLE
COUPONSHOP
YAHOOSHOP

You only need to enter one of them. There might be more codes, but those are the only ones I have seen mentioned on other boards.

That's about all I know about this sale, but it seems to be very popular. If you decide to do any shopping with them, be prepared for problems. The site is getting hit hard because of this sale, and it seems they can't properly handle all of the traffic. I spent an hour today making a purchase, which consisted of me constantly refreshing the check out page so I could submit my credit card info.

So you'll either hate me or love me depending on how well your shopping experience with the site goes. I think the sale is over this Sunday, so you have this week to try and purchase from them.

I purchased the Band of Brothers set for about $67 total earlier today. I think that's a very good price for that set. So if you've been meaning to pick up some dvd's but didn't want to spend a lot, now's the time to do so. Stock up fellow dvd aficionados. :beard:

2-1B
11-15-2004, 12:53 AM
Thanks for the codes, mate. I've used them before and also have never had a problem.

I was just browsing their site the other day and I have to pick up that Nightwatch DVD for 5.99.

BTW, nice Fear of the Dark avatar.

Beast
11-15-2004, 02:15 AM
The sale runs from 11/14 - 11/20. And here's the currently active discount codes.

Active Codes:
NYTIMES
USATODAY
BARGAINFLIX
WGN
KLSX
PRICESEARCH
WCKG
GOOGLE
COUPONSHOP
YAHOOSHOP
PRICEGRABBER
RADIO
LATIMES
YAHOO
SUPERSALE
ATLANTA

Not Yet Active Codes:
DVDTALK
DVDSALE
SUMMERSALE
DEEPDISCOUNT

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
11-15-2004, 10:30 AM
Something told me the Binks would have all of the codes. And Caesar, as I told mabudon in one of our "metal chats", Fear of the Dark is my favorite Maiden song. Thanks for the notice of it.

So, did anybody participate in this sale and what did you buy?

Like I said earlier, I only went for Band of Brothers. I'm tempted to go back and buy the Ren and Stimpy season set. Maybe some other things, too.

kool-aid killer
11-15-2004, 10:37 AM
Cool, thanks for the codes JBF and JBB. Im about to send my moms an email telling her about this. Most of my Christmas wants are dvds so this would help her out. Im hoping she will pick me up the remaining Transformers Beast Wars box sets i need, along with a few other movies i like.

James Boba Fettfield
11-20-2004, 10:36 AM
Well, today is the last day of the sale.

I broke down and bought more DVD's because I thought, "It's now or never, man. Buy now and save money!"

So I went with:

Black Hawk Down 3-Disc Deluxe Edition
Ren and Stimpy 1st and 2nd Seasons
Hellboy Director's Cut
Donnie Darko (bought it just in case I prefer it over the DC's)
Chappelle's Show 1st Season

All for under $90, too. I feel good.

2-1B
11-20-2004, 04:35 PM
I'd LOVE to buy some DVDs from them but I keep getting kicked off their site.
Lousy dialup . . .

kool-aid killer
11-20-2004, 05:34 PM
Sucks to hear, on the school computer i kept getting booted off. At home it took forever to browse. I left it on for my mother though, and most assuredly she bought what i wanted, along with some Godzilla movies for my bro. Once again many thanks to JBB and JBF, without youse i probably wouldnt be getting some things on Christmas.

James Boba Fettfield
11-20-2004, 05:49 PM
Glad to have been of help, kak.

I see you mentioned getting the Beast Wars set, I hope you do get all of them. They are a mighty fine DVD release from Rhino.

kool-aid killer
11-20-2004, 05:57 PM
Ive got the first season of Beast Wars on DVD and they really were nicely done. I imagine the other two box sets would be of the same quality. Im somewhat on the fence with the remaining two Transformers box sets i need, its really difficult sitting through some of those episodes when compared to the awesomeness that is Beast Wars.

Those five DVD selections for under $90 seems like a real steal that you got. Further proof that DeepDiscountDVD is tops for online movie purchases.

James Boba Fettfield
11-20-2004, 07:12 PM
I imagine the other two box sets would be of the same quality.

The discs are all pretty much exact from season to season. No big changes on any of them. Season 2 and 3, however, have inferior packaging. I liked how Season 1's packaging was like a book the way it opened up and it was much sturdier. Maybe if they had packed Season 2 and 3 together they could have had a better package like Season 1.

But the episodes on 2 and 3 make up for the less than spectacular packaging.

El Chuxter
11-22-2004, 12:05 PM
I promised my wife I'd cut back on DVDs so we could save up a down payment on a house, and this sale came less than a week later. :(

I did pick up a few cheap DVDs that I know both of us wanted, which are now part of her Christmas presents. :D

2-1B
11-23-2004, 02:08 AM
How thoughtful of you, Chux. :D

I finally got through on Saturday a short while after making my disgruntled post. I loaded up my cart with some stuff I wanted and then entered a code . . . only to see that the value of the code was zero dollars so that bummed me out. Still, I had my heart set on these goodies so I ordered anyway and paid regular price.

No sale for me. :crazed:

2-1B
11-10-2005, 02:45 PM
Here we go again, new 20% off sale starts tomorrow, Nov 11th - 19th.

DD11
DVDTALK

those are the codes I've read about so far.

UKWildcat
11-10-2005, 05:16 PM
I can't wait, and it's only hours away. I've been compiling a list for months now. My credit card company is going to love me, my bank account is going to hate me. Either way... :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
11-10-2005, 05:29 PM
SHAZAM!! I've been holding off on pretty much every TV DVD set since I knew they run this sale once or twice a year.

Ducktales, you shall be mine!! :)

UKWildcat
11-10-2005, 07:32 PM
The sale has actually already started, well atleast the codes are working! :thumbsup:

Here are some more codes for those of us who place multiple orders:

ESPN
SUPERSALE
USWEEKLY
DVDSALE
USATODAY

I've already placed an order, which included the The Ultimate Matrix Collection, 10 disc set that is $41.94 or $33.55 after %20 off coupon. 33 bucks for the 10 disc set that used to be $100? :sur: Outrageous! Knock yourselves out guys... I know I am.:crazed:

2-1B
11-10-2005, 11:39 PM
That's hilarious, he cracked us for being loser nerds yet he's wasting time as well with stuff like that. lol
At least there's a reason for OUR nerdiness, right PF ? lol

I'm still not sure what I want to do with this sale . . . of course I want to go balls out and order tons of stuff but I should really save the money. :sur:

2-1B
11-10-2005, 11:42 PM
Wildcat, I just looked up Matrix and they now have it listed as 38.99 !

edit: nevermind, I was looking at the disc-only set, not the gift set. :D

UKWildcat
11-11-2005, 08:47 AM
That's hilarious, he cracked us for being loser nerds yet he's wasting time as well with stuff like that. lol
At least there's a reason for OUR nerdiness, right PF ? lol

What in the world are you talking about? Did I miss something?

I'm still not sure what I want to do with this sale . . . of course I want to go balls out and order tons of stuff but I should really save the money. :sur:

Go Nuts! Go Nuts!

It hasn't even been a day yet and I've dropped $230. The bad thing is, I got about 1/4 of the stuff that is on my list, if that. Let me know what you all pick up, might give me some more ideas (not sure if that is a good or bad)! :D

El Chuxter
11-11-2005, 11:02 AM
Curses!! They don't carry Ducktales!! :mad:

Nor do they carry Chip & Dale's Rescue Rangers. What, is this some sort of vendetta against late 80s/early 90s Disney TV series that kick arse?

James Boba Fettfield
11-11-2005, 12:09 PM

Just a bad post from an equally bad user. Deleted and done, so let's move along.

2-1B
11-11-2005, 12:35 PM

No worries, as JBF hinted it wasn't directed at you. :D

Go Nuts! Go Nuts!

It hasn't even been a day yet and I've dropped $230. The bad thing is, I got about 1/4 of the stuff that is on my list, if that. Let me know what you all pick up, might give me some more ideas (not sure if that is a good or bad)! :D

Well, for starters, damn you :D for mentioning that Matrix set because now I'm thinking of getting the 10 disc-er for that price I mentioned last night. And I don't even really LIKE the 2nd and 3rd movies. :D

I'm really considering Band of Brothers, and not only for myself but for my sister and her husband who want it (Xmas) and also my dad would love it so maybe I'll order 3 copies ? :crazed:

Not sure what else, I have to snoop around.

Hey Jaymz, I'm thinking about Cannibal Holocaust, the Grondhouse Release version. Thing is, I'd much rather rent it first but I can't find it for rental. For $18 that's a pricey rental if I don't like the movie and even if I do like it, I don't see myself as watching it that often. So I don't know. :confused:

James Boba Fettfield
11-11-2005, 12:49 PM
Yeah, I don't know if you'll find it for rental. Considering how limited its production was, I would think the only option is to buy it.

Should you buy it and find you don't like it? Well, I don't think it would be too hard to sell and make back your money considering how it's not the easiest title to find. Personally, I'm not going to be watching it very often, but I had been wanting to own the title just to have it. In fact, I don't know many people who claim they want to watch it often.

And hey, I just tried adding Cannibal Holocaust to my cart at DDD to see if they still had copies (as I've read that people are having harder and harder times finding it now) and it won't add it to my cart. Clicking on the title, it takes me to a page saying there is no information for the title. Not sure if you're even able to buy it from DDD, Cae.

2-1B
11-11-2005, 02:19 PM
I forgot to mention that I tried adding it to cart last night and it wouldn't take for me, either.

I see Amazon has it at 22.46.

I tried to get it through netflix (they have a 2 week free trial so I thought I could use that to see CH :p ) but it's unavailable through them so that's out of the question . . . however I do have a free rental copy of Cannibal Ferox on the way which should be here Monday or Tuesday. :)

Good point about how I should be able to sell it if I ever buy it and don't like it.

UKWildcat
11-11-2005, 03:53 PM
Well, for starters, damn you :D for mentioning that Matrix set because now I'm thinking of getting the 10 disc-er for that price I mentioned last night. And I don't even really LIKE the 2nd and 3rd movies. :D

Sorry. :D Yea, the 2nd and 3rd movies weren't the best, but for $33 and some change it is kinda hard to turn it down... and the new transfer on the first movie is well worth the upgrade.

My first order included some of the following: Ultimate Matrix Collection (10disc), Firefly Complete Series, Tales from the Crypt Season 1 and 2, Naked Gun Set, Fright Pack - Man's worst friends, High Tension (which I thought was excellent) and the Looney Tunes Golden Coll. vol. 3.

That order was mainly the "sets" I wanted. There are a few more sets, like Scrubs Season 2 (Nov. 15), that I will get later next week. Right now I'm working on a Horror (my favorite genre) order. We'll see how this goes. :cross-eye BTW, I didn't get to see Devil's Rejects in the theatre, is it worth a blind buy or is it a renter? (didn't read that other thread for fear of spoilers and such)

Let me know what you all are picking up.

James Boba Fettfield
11-11-2005, 04:09 PM
I thought Rejects was worth a buy. Certainly was better received than Corpses, though it's got a different feel to it.

If you like films like Craven's Last House on the Left and similar movies, then Rejects should be pure delight.

El Chuxter
11-11-2005, 04:28 PM
I was waiting for one of those "$20 off all HBO season sets" to get Deadwood Season 1, but the price here is too tempting.

Methinks I will also finally round out my Batman animated collection and get the full run of Curb Your Enthusiasm.

And I'm way behind on Seinfeld, too.

Gawd, this is gonna hurt my wallet.

UKWildcat
11-11-2005, 04:35 PM
Gawd, this is gonna hurt my wallet.

Yup, I hear ya. Thankfully this sale only happens twice a year.

I thought Rejects was worth a buy. Certainly was better received than Corpses, though it's got a different feel to it.

If you like films like Craven's Last House on the Left and similar movies, then Rejects should be pure delight.

I'm in! :thumbsup:

2-1B
11-11-2005, 06:32 PM
Agreed on Rejects, it's an awesome movie with tons of cool added value material.

Damn you again UKWildcat :D for mentioning Tales from the Crypt, I'm behind on that series, too. :crazed:

Chux, definitely do the Curb Round Trip, I have all 4 seasons on DVD (regarding season 5 this season) and it's a favorite of mine. :) Seinfeld ? Better hurry up, 2 more boxsets come out this month. :crazed:

Jaymz, I went ahead and Amazoned Cannibal Holocaust . . . if I watch it and don't like it, I'll consider selling it off like you mentioned.

James Boba Fettfield
11-11-2005, 06:50 PM
Ugh! Damn this sale and my limited funds!

I just did my first order:

Night Stalker/Night Strangler (I bought the box set of the tv series last month, thought it best to get the two movies, as well) - $7.29

Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer 20th Anniversary Edition (yeah...I like it, whatever) - $13.19

Big Trouble in Little China 1 Disc (one film closer to completing the Carpenter collection!) - $7.99

Fright Pack: Walking Dead (six dead films! So what if some of them blow and one is a sort of comedy featuring Treat Williams and Joe Piscopo...I liked that film the one time I saw it as a kid) - $16.79

UKWildcat
11-11-2005, 07:17 PM
Damn you again UKWildcat :D for mentioning Tales from the Crypt, I'm behind on that series, too. :crazed:

lol Sorry again. lol

If you do decide to purchase these, don't buy the combined set. The combined set is $50.39. If you purchase them individually it amounts to $47.69. Just a heads up! :thumbsup:

Fright Pack: Walking Dead (six dead films! So what if some of them blow and one is a sort of comedy featuring Treat Williams and Joe Piscopo...I liked that film the one time I saw it as a kid) - $16.79

No problem here with the Walking Dead JBF. I picked that one up during the DDD Anchor Bay sale and I am very pleased. Dead Heat is good fun. The others in the collection aren't bad either. I am really glad they put each title in individual keep cases in the six pack box. They could have skimped on the packaging but they did not. I love Anchor Bay!

James Boba Fettfield
11-11-2005, 07:21 PM
Is that how they do those Fright Packs? Having never seen them in stores and all the online stores show pictures of the outside box, I was wondering what surprise would be inside the box. Good to hear they're actual cases and not something else.

UKWildcat
11-11-2005, 07:47 PM
Yea, the Fright Packs are cool. I decided to get the Mans Worst Friends FP because I was so thrilled/pleased with the Walking Dead set. I mean, 5 Anchor Bay titles for less than $3.50 a piece sounds like a good deal to me!

Ok, if you don't already have these sets now is a good time to pick them up.

A Nightmare On Elm Street Collection (8disc)- $30.23 <-- No Brainer
Friday The 13th Collection 1-8 (5disc) - $39.75

Its too bad I already have both of these and paid nearly double for them.:(

Mandalorian Candidat
11-11-2005, 09:51 PM
Big Trouble in Little China 1 Disc (one film closer to completing the Carpenter collection!) - $7.99

Oh man! I forgot about that show. I always thought it was one of JC's best movies for some weird reason. Kim Cattrall before she got skanky. :love:

My wife wants Everybody Loves Raymond Season Four and I'm gonna get Space Above and Beyond. I tried getting Seinfeld season 5 but the sale is only good for items onhand and not preordered ones.

UKWildcat
11-12-2005, 10:51 AM
Curses!! They don't carry Ducktales!! :mad:Nor do they carry Chip & Dale's Rescue Rangers.

You'll never believe what two sets they have added to their site. I guess enough people did some complaining. :D

El Chuxter
11-12-2005, 01:37 PM
Yeah, JBF told me about that last night, and methinks my total is going to be higher than expected.

What can I do but grab onto some Ducktales, woo-woo?

2-1B
11-13-2005, 02:52 AM
Damn Jaymz, I wish I knew you were gonna order Big Trouble in Little China because I would have sold you my once viewed copy for half that price. ;)
I bought it awhile back, probably a year ago for $10 at Wal-Mart because I remembered liking it as a kid so I watched it last night after all these years and man, ol' Jack Burton says this movie blows. :nerv:

Wildcat, thanks for the Crypt heads up. ;)

James Boba Fettfield
11-13-2005, 11:53 PM
Thanks for letting me know that, Caesar. Big Trouble is not my favorite Carpenter film, but I do like it. I mean, hell, I bought Carpenter's Prince of Darkness and Memoirs of an Invisible Man so I have no problems picking up my least favorites of his. 8 of his films I own, 4 more I want to own, and a one I still want to check out (In the Mouth of Madness). Anyone know if that is a good film to check out?

2-1B
11-14-2005, 12:34 AM
I haven't seen In the Mouth of Madness since it came out all those years ago, and the more I think about it I think I'm actually thinking about The Dark Half instead. :eek: I do know that Carpenter's film has a very young Anakin Skywalker in it, though. ;)

Speaking of The Dark Half, Romero used Robert Joy who would later become Charlie in Land of the Dead. Hmmm, amazing what I'll find when I use IMDb to refresh my memory. :crazed:

So do you own Assault on Precinct 13 ? I'm getting ready to watch it tonight, as soon as I'm done online. :)

El Chuxter
11-14-2005, 12:36 AM
I am deeply saddened to find that the selection of Gamecube games has dropped to nearly nothing. :( However, although I can't get the SW Lego game, I can get Harry Potter IV for Mrs Chuxter's Christmas present.

My better half loves the HP games. ;)

James Boba Fettfield
11-14-2005, 01:13 AM
So do you own Assault on Precinct 13 ? I'm getting ready to watch it tonight, as soon as I'm done online. :)

Nope, but it is one of the four that I want to own. Probably the last Carpenter film I will ever buy, though.

2-1B
11-15-2005, 12:20 PM
Wal-Mart is where I got mine for $5.50 !

The acting is . . . bizarre . . . but I like it ! :)

UKWildcat
11-16-2005, 09:45 PM
Well I placed another order that included:

Toxie's Top Ten (10-Disc) - $19.43, Toxic Avenger 21st Anniversary - $11.87, Friends 10th Season - $23.31, Scrubs 2nd Season - $22.31, Ghostbusters 1 & 2 Set - $11.12, Alice in Wonderland M.P. Ed - $11.90, and He-Man Season 1 v.01 - $21.59.

All of them except for Alice in Wonderland were in stock :thumbsup:. I am going to try to limit myself to one more order; The "Horror" order I've been working on. I'm trying to keep that one between $100-150. We'll see if that happens. :rolleyes:

You all make any more purchases?

James Boba Fettfield
11-16-2005, 10:04 PM
I bought Season 4 of The Simpsons as a Christmas gift for a friend. Think the price was close to $23.

and the two power ranger films for someone else

UKWildcat
11-16-2005, 10:09 PM
and the two power ranger films for someone else

What? I can't see that! Whats that? Power Rangers? What? :D

James Boba Fettfield
11-16-2005, 10:21 PM
Ask Lord Malakite about it, he's got a thing for that sh-...uh, I mean...stuff.

El Chuxter
11-17-2005, 09:13 AM
Hey, the original Pink Ranger was a babe. :kiss:

Though if you watched the footage obviously spliced in from a Japanese show from the first season or two, it's painfully apparent that the Yellow Ranger was not really a girl. :eek:

Mandalorian Candidat
11-17-2005, 04:44 PM
I ended up ordering Space:AAB, Raymond S4 for the wife, and Spidey 2 (never saw it). All together they were $65 which is great considering Best Buy is about the only place you can find Space:AAB and it's $45 there. I signed up for that bonus discount BS service for the free $15 deepdiscountdvd rebate. I did it before months ago and only used it for the free $$. I got the money and canceled before they billed me so it wasn't too bad. :D

Now I have to figure out something else to buy before the sale goes off. Any suggestions, other than zombie movies?

UKWildcat
11-17-2005, 09:41 PM
Now I have to figure out something else to buy before the sale goes off. Any suggestions, other than zombie movies?

Well, if you are one of the few that don't have or haven't seen Firefly, I can recommend that set. However, they did raise the price a couple dollars since the beginning of the sale. Beavis and Butthead(if you like them obviously), Mike Judge V.01 is a good pickup. I know of some people that are picking up the collection of South Park seasons 1-5 for $116. Really good price, but that would put me way over my budget. Same with the Buffy Collection, never watched that one though. Scrubs... Friends... Wow, I just noticed I have listed nothing but TV shows.

Most of the movies I have picked up have been horror movies, but I'll get back to ya if I think of any good movie deals. I'll try to make it snappy because the sale is supposed to end on the 19th.

Ohhh, Back to the Future set for $16 is good, as well as Ghostbusters 1&2 for $11. Most everyone has these already though.

I'll be thinkin'.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-18-2005, 07:00 PM
All I've been thinking about are TV shows to be honest. I have just about every movie that really interests me that's been released and what every is marginal I usually get at Blockbuster's used DVD store.

I've heard about Firefly but never got into it. Is there a good website I can hit to read more about it? Thanks.

UKWildcat
11-18-2005, 08:02 PM
Here are some links about Firefly:

The first is a review from dvdtalk which they rate "highly recommended". It gives some good insight to what the series is about and the dvd specs and whats included.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=8581

The second link is to amazon that has a summary of what it is about, and more importantly... user reviews. The most impressive thing here is that the show averages 5/5 stars of nearly 2000 reviews. Impressive!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000AQS0F/002-9656510-1173622?v=glance&n=130&v=glance

It does have an offical site, though there is not much there, but you can check it out if you want to.

http://www.foxhome.com/firefly/

Like you, I already own a good majority of the movies that I want. So I have turned to TV on dvd. And Firefly was a real treat. I've heard amazing things about a show called Veronica Mars, never watched it but people are raving about it. Lost, for $30 is a steal. Again, Scrubs is an amazingly funny show. I highly recommend the Fox show House, M.D. Millennium is a pretty good show, from Chris Carter who did the X-files. It is expensive though. Band of Brothers (if you haven't seen it), expensive too.

I'll be thinking of some others too and I'll try to post again tonight or early tomorrow since the sale ends tomorrow night.

El Chuxter
11-19-2005, 08:48 AM
Now comes the time for regrets.

Dadblamit, I forgot Looney Toons Golden Collection 3!! :mad:

Next summer, I suppose.

UKWildcat
11-19-2005, 10:28 AM
Now comes the time for regrets.

Dadblamit, I forgot Looney Toons Golden Collection 3!! :mad:

The sale is still going on, it doesn't end until tonight. It's not too late to place a final order! :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
11-19-2005, 04:44 PM
Here are some more suggestions for TV sets: Prices reflect discount

Boomtown Season 1 - $15.12 - Heard real good things about this one.
Deadzone Season 1 - $15.12 - Same with this one.
Wonderfalls Season 1 - $18.27 - Excellent reviews, possible chick show?!?
Entourage Season 1 - $22.22 - I really like the show.
Freaks and Geeks Series - $33.52 - Excellent show!!!!
Undeclard Series - $23.93 - Great show but not as good as Freaks and Geeks IMO.
You can get any of the Seinfeld seasons for a good deal.

Cartoon TV Sets:
He-Man V.O1 - $21.59
Oblongs - $18.71 - ?!?! Your call on that one ?!?!
Legend of Zelda - $14.35 - Good price, but a good show?!?
Johnny Quest Season 1 - $23.99 - One of my fav. cartoons ever (I'm placing another order tonight just to get this one.)
Any of the Looney Tunes Golden Collections are good pickups!
Thundercats

You can use these for ideas as well. These are the most popular titles people are ordering according to the DVDTalk forum. The first number is the number of people who bought the movie/set.

Movies / Movie Collections

53. OFFICE SPACE (WS/SE) $ 11.50 In-stock
37. STAR WARS-REVENGE OF SITH (WS) $ 13.10
36. BATMAN-MOTION PICTURE ANTHOLOGY $ 41.50
32. CHARLIE & CHOCOLATE FACTORY (DELUXE) $ 15.00 1 $ 15.00
29. MATRIX, THE-ULTIMATE COLLEC LE $ 33.55
26. LIFEBOAT (SPECIAL EDITION) $ 11.71
26. WIZARD OF OZ (3D/COLLECTORS ED) 1 $ 27.87
24. ALFRED HITCHCOCK-MASTERPIECE COLLE $ 69.12 1 $ 69.12
23. LEGENDARY JERRY COLLECTION $ 21.35 1 $ 21.35
22. TITANIC (SPECIAL EDITION) $ 16.98
22. FLY (SPECIAL EDITION/2 DISC) $ 11.03
21. MALLRATS (EXTENDED/10TH ANN $ 12.91
19. LE SAMOURAI (CRITERION) $ 17.24
19. MADAGASCAR (WS) $ 13.74
19. NAKED GUN SET $ 12.76
18. BIRD WITH CRYSTAL PLUMA $ 15.93
17. BEN HUR (4D/COLLECTOR'S ED WITH BOOK) $ 20.91 1 $ 20.91
17. BIG LEBOWSKI (WS/CE) $ 11.19 1 $ 11.19
16. TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD (SE) $ 15.59
16. WIZARD OF OZ (2D/SPECIAL EDITION) $ 14.51
15. BATMAN BEGINS (2D/SE) $ 17.99
15. GHOSTBUSTERS 1 & 2 SET (2D W/SCRAP $ 11.12 1 $ 11.12
15. OLDBOY $ 11.98
14. TOMMY BOY HOLY SCHNIKE EDIT $ 10.84
14. FILM NOIR CLASSIC COLLECTIO $ 29.95 In-stock
14. THE JERK (26TH ANNIVERSARY) $ 11.19
14. THE STING (SPECIAL EDITION) $ 15.59
14. WAR OF WORLDS (SE/1953) $ 7.48
13. BAD SANTA (UR) $ 9.10
12. MATRIX $ 33.55
12. UGETSU (CRITERION) $ 23.00
12. HAROLD LLOYD COMEDY COLLECTION, TH $ 50.63
12. BLUES BRORS (WS/25TH ANNIVERSARY) $ 12.11
12. KOLCHAK-NIGHT STALKER $ 23.98
12. SOUND OF MUSIC (40TH ANNIVE $ 14.70
11. Devil's Rejects $ 12.80
11. PSYCHO 2 $ 6.76
11. WARRIORS (ULTIMATE DIRECTOR $ 10.84
11. LIVE 8 $ 25.92
11. SAW-UNCUT EDITION (UR) $ 13.37
10. TRUMAN SHOW (SPECIAL COLLECTORS ED $ 10.84
10. DEER HUNTER (SPECIAL EDITIO $ 15.59
10. IRON GIANT $ 7.20 1 $ 7.20
10. NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET SET $ 30.23 In-stock
10. PICKPOCKET (CRITERION) $ 23.00
9. VIRGIN SUICIDES $ 4.79 1 $ 4.79
9. ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS-1ST SEASON $22.31
9. LIFE AQUATIC (CRITERION) $ 17.99

TV Shows / Series

54. FIREFLY-COMPLETE SERIES $ 23.91 1 $ 23.91
36. ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT-2ND SEASON $ 23.08
35. SOUTH PARK-6TH COMPLETE SEASON $ 21.35
33. BATTLESTAR GALACTICA-1ST SEASON $ 32.55 1 $ 32.55
31. SIMPSONS-6TH SEASON $ 25.80
30. SCRUBS-2ND SEASON $22.31
25. ALIAS-4TH SEASON $ 30.31
24. CURB YOUR ENTHUSIASM-4TH SE $ 22.37 In-stock
25. BUFFY VAMPIRE SLAYER-COMPLETE 1-7 $ 111.89
25. LOONEY TUNES GOLDEN COLLECTION V.3 $ 35.31
25. LOST-1ST SEASON $ 29.49
23. UNDECLARED-COMPLETE SERIES $ 23.92 1 $ 23.92
20. VERONICA MARS-1ST SEASON $ 33.49
18. FRIENDS-10TH SEASON $ 23.31
15. JAY & SILENT BOB DO DEGRASS $ 11.99 In-stock
15. MUPPET SHOW-1ST SEASON (SE) $ 22.29
14. OFFICE-1ST SEASON $ 17.27
14. SLIDERS-3RD SEASON $ 33.57
14. STARGATE SG-1 8TH SEASON $ 31.11
13. TALES FROM CRYPT-2ND SE $ 22.31
13. WALLACE & GROMIT IN THREE AMAZING ADV'S $ 11.19
13. OUTER LIMITS-1ST SEASON (1990) $ 33.10
13. SPACE-ABOVE & BEYOND (5D) $ 29.27
12. WWE-JAKE SNAKE ROBERTS-PICK YO $ 12.94
12. BEAVIS & BUTT-HEAD-MIKE JUDGE V.01 $ 21.03
11. SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS-3RD SEASON $ 27.89
11. STARGATE ATLANTIS-1ST SEASO $ 33.10
11. WWE-WRESTLEMANIA-ANTHOLOGY $ 125.74
10. HE-MAN SEASON 1 V.01 $ 21.59
10. KIDS IN HALL-3RD SEASON $ 28.77
10. TALES FROM CRYPT-2ND SE $ 22.31
9. KINGDOM-1ST SERIES $ 20.77
9. GILMORE GIRLS-4TH SEASON $ 31.11
9. ROCKY & BULLWINKLE-3RD SEASON $ 19.14
9. AFTER SCHOOL SPECIALS COLLE $ 25.91 In-stock
9. MYSTERY SCIENCE ATER SET 8 $ 28.70
9. PENN & TELLER-MAGIC & MYSTE $ 12.97 In-stock
9. SEINFELD 4TH SEASON $ 21.51
9. WWE-BRET HITMAN HART-BEST THER $ 15.10
9. WWE-WRESTLEMANIA V.01 $ 30.22

One last thing I would like to add. If you don't already have it, you can get the Alien Quadrilogy for $46.84. A really good price, for one of the best boxsets ever!

Hope this gives you some more ideas. Act quickly, the sale ends in about 8 hours.

:thumbsup:

Hellboy
11-19-2005, 08:50 PM
Well I waited until the last minute to get my purchases in. Most are television boxed sets that I've been holding off on buying until this sale came up again and I spent more than I probably should have, damn HBO sets. :hurt: Oh well, X-mas comes early for me I guess. :grin:

Here is what I ordered:
-The Sopranos 5th Season= $51.90 - It was tough waiting this long to buy this set
-American Gothic Complete Series= $27.91
-Carnivale 1st Season= $55.89
-Warriors: Ultimate Director's Cut= $10.84
-The Outsiders Complete Novel= $16.38
-Once Upon a Time in the West= $6.22 - Time to upgrade my Laserdisc version
-NY Yankees Fall Classic= $38.37 - X-mas gift for my brother in-law

James Boba Fettfield
11-19-2005, 08:56 PM
MMPR-TURBO MOVIE POWER RANGERS $ 5.74
THE MMPR-MOVIE $ 5.74
BLIND DEAD COLLECTION LMT EDITION $ 48.69

That's it, I'm out! (power rangers are not mine!)

UKWildcat
11-20-2005, 09:45 PM
]-Carnivale 1st Season= $55.89

Excellent pickup there! Carnivale was one of my favorite shows and it's a shame what happened to it. If they release the second season on dvd, it will hard not to buy it, though I shouldn't out of spite. :mad:

How is American Gothic? I was thinking about picking that one up since it was produced by Raimi but I had already gone way over my budget.

2-1B
11-20-2005, 09:59 PM
there's no way I could not buy Carnivale season Two on DVD but I do share your sentiments, UKW. :(

Mandalorian Candidat
11-20-2005, 10:18 PM
WOW! UKW, you did your homework. A+ for you bro! Aliens Quad is a great suggestion but I got a sealed set off ebay a few months back for about $45. I thought I'd watch that thing in a fortnight but I've still only watched the movies.

For some reason I just agonized over what I was going to get. I went to Best Buy Friday night and Sat. afternoon to look over their DVD selection to see what's out there and get some ideas. I then spent about 1.5 h Sat. night trying to figure out what my choice was going to be. In the end my wife was just like, "Screw it, just get them all." :D

Lone Gunman -- Liked the show a lot but it didn't have the extras I thought should have been included. Plus they're two-sided discs and I'm not going to sink a bunch of $ (well, only $30 or so) for that. I'll wait for the price to go down.
24 S1 -- BB had this last year on BF for $20. I'm betting it'll happen somewhere again.
Alias -- They have like 4 seasons out and if I got one I'd probably have to get the others. Plus my wife is more into this and she just borrows them from my sister.
Simpsons S3 -- See 24 S1
Battlestar Galactica (old school) -- Almost got it but I'm betting the price will drop again.
Lost -- I like this show but I'm pretty much up on what's been going on so, meh, don't really want it right now.
Twin Peaks -- Heard that someone is going to release both seasons with the pilot in the next year, so I'll wait.
Batman Begins -- Didn't see it, don't like Katie Holmes, I'll wait for the used discs to start rolling in to MTC.
Big Fish -- Someone will have it on sale for $10 in the next six months.
Titanic -- What was I thinking when I put this on my list?
Unbreakable -- See Big Fish
Star Trek First Contact -- My favorite behind Khan, but not a big deal.

I ended up getting Arrested Development S1 for the wife and X-Files Conspiracy (or whatever the first mythology edition is called).

I had put X-Files out of my mind cause the sets are so dang expensive but the story arc-driven mythology sets are more appealing because they cut to the heart of the series...and they're way cheaper. I've heard that Fox or whoever produces the DVDs will put out some redo sets next year for lots cheaper so maybe I'll get one or two then. I think X-Files was the first series to be put out on DVD so they thought the price should be $15-$20 per disc since movies were about that much. Thank goodness others didn't follow that type of pricing or almost nothing TV-related would get sold.

UKWildcat
11-22-2005, 10:51 PM
I had put X-Files out of my mind cause the sets are so dang expensive but the story arc-driven mythology sets are more appealing because they cut to the heart of the series...and they're way cheaper. I've heard that Fox or whoever produces the DVDs will put out some redo sets next year for lots cheaper so maybe I'll get one or two then. I think X-Files was the first series to be put out on DVD so they thought the price should be $15-$20 per disc since movies were about that much. Thank goodness others didn't follow that type of pricing or almost nothing TV-related would get sold.

I bought all 9 of the individual seasons last June I believe it was. I got 3 of the seasons from the DDD sale around that time, they had a price drop and with the %20 discount they were like $45 a pop. I picked up the rest at Costco when they were doing the instant $20 coupon which took them to around $43. Considering they sell for $70+ I did alright but I still spent a crapload though. I wish I had waited but I couldn't. Heck, I've already watched seasons 1-4, working on 5 right now. But anyways, the good news is that, yes, they are going to have a pretty severe price drop with the individual seasons starting in January. You can even check DeepDiscount and see how they have seasons 1-3 priced at $36.59 which will go in effect 1/31/06. Excellent price!

BTW - I received my first order in the mail yesterday and everything was in excellent condition! Now they will probably sit on my shelves for weeks and go untouched.

2-1B
11-22-2005, 11:56 PM
I decided not to buy anything during the sale afterall. I'm up to my nipples in DVDs as it is already so I just didn't want to spend any more money on more stuff (considering I had both Seinfeld sets coming up today :D ).

Anyway, as much as I wanted to buy Tales from the Crypt and such, I just decided to rent them and have a look again.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-23-2005, 10:50 AM
I'm up to my nipples in DVDs as it is already...

**shudder** Now I'm going to picture that Target thief icon sans chestwear wading in jewel boxes in my nightmares tonight. Thanks Caes. :thumbsup:

I still haven't touched my Simpsons S6 cause I'm working on S5, 1/2 of 24 S2, and my Stargate S1 is still in shrinkwrap. Plus I got the two Seinfelds yesterday (Target has them for $30+free 5 gift card) so it'll be awhile before I'm good.

2-1B
11-23-2005, 10:57 AM
**shudder** Now I'm going to picture that Target thief icon sans chestwear wading in jewel boxes in my nightmares tonight. Thanks Caes.

Could be worse, I could make you think of my boy Hayden. ;) ;) ;)

--

Absolutely, Target was the best deal I found, it comes out to $50 for the set vs. $70 at Best Buy (but you get a CD of monologues from the show at Best Buy, big deal :rolleyes: , not worth $20 extra. :D ).

Hellboy
11-23-2005, 05:47 PM
How is American Gothic? I was thinking about picking that one up since it was produced by Raimi but I had already gone way over my budget.

Well speaking for myself this was a highly underated television show. It aired back in 1995 and unfortunately failed to find an audience at the time. Probably due to it's extremely dark subject matter and the fact that the show's star was actually a villain. Being a huge fan of horror and all things twisted it was right up my alley though. I actually missed the show's final episodes (I'm not even sure they aired) so I'm looking forward to seeing how the story ended, it just sucks that fans such as myself have had to wait ten years to revisit this series. You should check it out UKW, based on what I've gathered from your previous posts I think you'd enjoy it too. At the very least the series is worth a rental. :)

UKWildcat
11-23-2005, 11:03 PM
I decided not to buy anything during the sale afterall... Anyway, as much as I wanted to buy Tales from the Crypt and such, I just decided to rent them and have a look again.

BOOOO!!!! Hissss!!!! BOOOOO!!! :D

You should check it out UKW, based on what I've gathered from your previous posts I think you'd enjoy it too. At the very least the series is worth a rental. :)

I'm definitely going to check it out. I'll rent it, and if I'm pleased, I'll purchase the set. Horror is my genre and I'm all about anything that is associated with Raimi. It seems you have some horror flicks and thats your thing too. Do you have your collection on dvdaficionado or dvdprofiler? If so I'd like to take a look, I'm curious as to what kind of horror flicks you are stashing away! :thumbsup:

BTW - I just picked up Dagon on this past DDD sale, what are your thoughts on this HPL flick (I have not viewed this title yet)? I've only heard good things, but I'm curious as to what you have to say.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-26-2005, 07:33 PM
Absolutely, Target was the best deal I found, it comes out to $50 for the set vs. $70 at Best Buy (but you get a CD of monologues from the show at Best Buy, big deal :rolleyes: , not worth $20 extra. :D ).

The WM versions each have a bonus disc, but I don't know if they're the same or what's on them. My wife is making me keep them sealed until XMas. :whip:

Best Buy had S1+2 of Seinfeld on BF and today for $20.

Hellboy
11-29-2005, 02:27 PM
Do you have your collection on dvdaficionado or dvdprofiler? If so I'd like to take a look, I'm curious as to what kind of horror flicks you are stashing away! :thumbsup:

No, I've never taken the time to register my collection. Maybe I will some day but I have so many movies its just seems like way to much work. My collection of horror movies covers a pretty broad range. In addition to most of the classics I have quite a bit of obscure stuff and lots of imports (mostly Italian horror.) My latest addition is High Tension, which I think you mentioned liking awhile back, I really enjoyed it despite some of the negative reviews it received.

BTW - I just picked up Dagon on this past DDD sale, what are your thoughts on this HPL flick (I have not viewed this title yet)? I've only heard good things, but I'm curious as to what you have to say.

I haven't seen Dagon yet, mostly because it looked like a low budget HPL adaptation. To my surprise I've actually heard good things about it though so its definitely on my short list of movies to rent and possibly buy now. :yes:

2-1B
11-30-2005, 01:48 AM
Hellboy, did you get the new edition of Cannibal Holocaust ? (or is the Italian cannibal genre not your cup of tea :crazed: )

Hellboy
11-30-2005, 03:14 PM
No I didn't buy Cannibal Holocaust Caesar. If I can find it I'm planning on renting it though and then we'll see if it's my cup of tea. :twisted: My morbid curiosity demands that I at least check it out but based on what I've read about the film it seems to be centered more around shock value than actually telling a story so I doubt I'll buy it. Plus, for me at least, its hard to get around the fact they actually slaughtered helpless animals in making this. :sad:

James Boba Fettfield
11-30-2005, 05:38 PM
Ohhh, I don't know if that's fair to Cannibal Holocaust. Not the animal deaths, I'm not going to defend that, as I have a hard enough time finding my opinion on that issue.

I recommend the following read: http://blogcritics.org/archives/2004/03/26/194158.php

One of my English professors, of all people, provided me with that link after discussing Cannibal Holocaust with him.

Oh, and a treat for those who still read this thread...saw at DVD talk that the Suspiria 3 Disc set is going for $5.97 at amazon.com ;)

UKWildcat
11-30-2005, 09:46 PM
I'll chime in.

I am not too sure about Cannibal Holocaust... I've put off watching this film for many years. The only reason I haven't already viewed this title, like many, is the animal deaths and dismemberments. But I won't let this prevent me from watching the flick in the future. I'm sure I'll get around to it someday... though I'm in no hurry.

Good link JBF.

Yea, that price on Suspiria is more than excellent. I picked that one up during DDD's Anchor Bay sale for $7 and some change, didn't think I'd ever find it cheaper than that :D.

James Boba Fettfield
12-01-2005, 04:03 AM
Apparently the price was too excellent, as it has been raised to about $18.

Glad I got in for the low price.

Hellboy
12-01-2005, 06:48 PM
Thought I'd pass this info on. I received an email from DDD today concerning a buy-one-get-one-free promotinon they're running on selected box sets. There wasn't anything I was interested in the 3 pages of listings but I might pick up a few of the Seinfeld box sets for my sister as an X-mas gift.

James Boba Fettfield
12-01-2005, 07:04 PM
There's some good stuff in there, but I must resist for now. Too many other things I want to get first.

UKWildcat
12-01-2005, 09:12 PM
Here is a boxset that has been out of print for a while now but it has recently re-surfaced in a warehouse. I didn't even hesitate and ordered one since I was unable to find one in the stores and didn't want to pay $200+ for a used copy on eBay.

http://www.fullmoondirect.com/

Yes, it's the Puppet Master Boxset. $99.95 + S&H. A very sought after and impossible to find boxset as many of you know. If you want one order quickly as the supplies are extremely limited.

I'm finally going to have one!!! WOOHOO!!! :thumbsup:

James Boba Fettfield
12-02-2005, 09:29 AM
I'd buy it, but Puppet Master is just not my thing. I remember seeing the videos as a child in a local rental place and how the covers alone were enough to make me want to see them.

After seeing them, I learned they were just not my sort of movies.

UKWildcat
12-08-2005, 12:52 AM
Oh, and a treat for those who still read this thread...saw at DVD talk that the Suspiria 3 Disc set is going for $5.97 at amazon.com ;)

I told my brother to order a copy of this when it was $5.97, since it was dirt cheap, and I just found out that Amazon had cancelled the order he placed. Then, like you said JBF, they jacked up the price. I didn't think Amazon did stuff like that. I've never had a problem with them not honoring their prices in the past. Oh well, I'll just lend him my copy. Did they honor your order or cancel it too JBF?

BTW- That Ultimate Matrix Collection is pretty kickarse. No telling how long it will take me to get through all 10 discs. :rolleyes:

James Boba Fettfield
12-08-2005, 01:14 AM
Did they honor your order or cancel it too JBF?

They cancelled it. Reason being that they ran out of stock. Ever since, I haven't seen the 3-Disc set as being in stock at Amazon. Marketplace sellers still offer it, but not Amazon.

I normally would be upset, but that limited set combined with the super low price means stock will probably run out.

Well, I at least have that Blind Dead collection to keep me happy. And I still haven't got through my Matrix Collection and I bought it last December. I watched the Animatrix set and that's been it. I really ought to watch those discs sometime.

UKWildcat
12-09-2005, 01:22 AM
They cancelled it. Reason being that they ran out of stock. Ever since, I haven't seen the 3-Disc set as being in stock at Amazon. Marketplace sellers still offer it, but not Amazon.

Yea, that figures. I think the set was limited to 60,000 US and 10,000 in CA. It was bound to run out like you said.

Well, I at least have that Blind Dead collection to keep me happy. And I still haven't got through my Matrix Collection and I bought it last December. I watched the Animatrix set and that's been it. I really ought to watch those discs sometime.

How is that Blind Dead Coll? I held out on that in hopes to get it cheaper than $48 after discounts when the next sale comes around. I haven't even touched on the Matrix discs yet, I'm pretty sure there is some really good stuff stashed away there.

The Puppet Master set has shipped and is now sold out on their website. I'll let you know how that is when it arrives! :thumbsup:

James Boba Fettfield
01-04-2006, 04:59 PM
How is that Blind Dead Coll? I held out on that in hopes to get it cheaper than $48 after discounts when the next sale comes around. I haven't even touched on the Matrix discs yet, I'm pretty sure there is some really good stuff stashed away there.

Sorry about the late reply, but my December was full of wonderful and grand visits to several doctors for various reasons.

Anyway, I think the set isn't worth the price it's being sold for. I was curious about seeing all of the films in their original forms which would have been quite a difficult task to do before this set was released.

If you really love the Blind Dead, then I'd pick it up the next time it is available for a reasonable price. That means avoiding Amazon who (I think) sells it for around $80-$90.

Everything else about it is great, though. Quality and all, the films (I assume) have never looked better. Of course, I haven't sat down and watched all four films, but did some various skipping around to watch different scenes (like the ending to Tombs with the train).

I'm happy with what I paid and I do like the coffin box for novelty reasons. Probably my biggest reason why I wanted to purchase it now. I was afraid of the production run ending soon and the stock drying up before I ever got around to purchasing it.

But yeah, I'd definitely wait until the price gets closer to $50. They're good (okay, not entirely good, but decent overall) films, but not $75 and over good.

Keep in mind this bit of news, too:
BLUE UNDERGROUND discovered a one-second audio dropout in the Spanish Version of TOMBS OF THE BLIND DEAD, and a one-frame video/audio glitch in the Spanish Version of RETURN OF THE EVIL DEAD, included in THE BLIND DEAD COLLECTION. The DVDs have been fixed and remastered.

Replacement DVDs are ready now should any customers wish to replace their discs. Please mail the Disc(s) Only (do not send the plastic case or coffin box) along with the Return Address to:

BLIND DEAD Replacement
11271 Ventura Boulevard #500
Studio City, CA 91604

UKWildcat
01-08-2006, 05:19 PM
Sorry about the late reply, but my December was full of wonderful and grand visits to several doctors for various reasons.

I hope everything is alright. :(

I do plan on purchasing the Blind Dead Col. when the next DDD sale comes around. I think it would around $50 after the discount. I hear ya though, I wouldn't pay $75-100, that is just too much. Did you send off for the replacement discs? If so, how'd that go?

James Boba Fettfield
01-08-2006, 06:02 PM
No worries, everything is fine. More of a hassle looking back on it all, but at the time it was quite the trial for my patience considering my doctors keeping me in the dark about some things.

Anyway, good move on waiting for the sale. Only reason I jumped on the purchase when I did.

And I haven't sent back the discs yet. Not sure if I will or not. I wish they'd follow the same procedure as Universal did with the Back to the Future discs, though. Wish they'd send me a paid return label to get these. Not convinced if I really need to go about replacing them, though.

UKWildcat
01-10-2006, 05:40 PM
Just wanted to let you guys know that DDD has a buy two get one free sale going on right now. There are some pretty good titles but chances are you already own them. I.E. Half Baked, Happy Gilmore, Fast Times, Dazed and Confused, Billy Madison, Jurassic Park, Lost in Translation, just to name a few.

DDD B2G1 Sale (http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/promotion/buyTwoGetOneFree_form.cfm)

I'm eyeballing Blood Simple but I need to find a couple more titles to add. Just thought I'd pass it along.

James Boba Fettfield
01-10-2006, 08:00 PM
Good thing there's not enough there to get me buying for this deal as I just spent ~$80 preordering toys a few hours ago.

But Blood Simple, that's an interesting one there.

UKWildcat
06-08-2006, 06:02 PM
Here we go again. The 20% sale started today and runs til 6/17.

Here are some codes:

DVDTALK
USATODAY
NYTIMES
SUPERSALE
YAHOO
ESPN

There probably won't be a lot of stuff I will get this time around, of course I say that now. :rolleyes:

El Chuxter
06-08-2006, 11:54 PM
Why do they always do this sale when I'm trying to cut back my spending? :(

2-1B
06-09-2006, 12:24 AM
I'm not giving in this time. :D

UKWildcat
06-09-2006, 12:36 AM
Tell me about it Chux.

More power to you Caesar.

I'm working on an order right now that I'm going to try and place tonight. I will probably place another order later next week after Tuesday for Beavis and Butthead Vol. 2 and The Princess Bride - Dread Pirate Ed.

I'm definitely scaling back my spending though when compared to past sales.

El Chuxter
06-09-2006, 08:42 AM
B&B isn't an MTV exclusive, as they've been advertising? Good news! It appears it has the episode with Cornholio at the poetry slam, which was classic. The only episode where they actually burned anything down.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-09-2006, 10:24 AM
I wanted to splurge and get lots of stuff. Terminator 1-3, the Hannibal movies, and Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, but I played it safe and got something I had been eyeing for many moons: "Freaks and Geeks." 33 bucks. You CANNOT beat that. Thanks for the codes, kids. :thumbsup:

Rocketboy
06-09-2006, 02:14 PM
Just go to Walmart and get T3 )2 disc Widesceen) for $4.88.

UKWildcat
06-09-2006, 09:02 PM
You're right JMG. Freaks and Geeks for 33 bucks is an amazing deal. That would be a highly recommended blind buy for anyone who has not yet seen it. :thumbsup:

Well I placed an order last night and already went over what I had intended on spending. Here is what I got (prices reflect savings):

DAZED & CONFUSED (CRITERION) 1 $22.31
CHRONICLES OF NARNIA (2D/SE) 1 $20.28
WALK THE LINE (2D/CE) 1 $20.04
SCRUBS-3RD SEASON 1 $22.28
ENTOURAGE-1ST & 2ND SEASONS 1 $42.49
KING KONG (2005)(2D/SE) 1 $16.94
CLERKS 10TH ANNIVERSARY ED (3D) 1 $19.00
THE PERFECT SCORE (WS) 1 $4.79
THE VILLAGE (WS) 1 $7.55
THE GODFATHER COLLECTION 1 $29.04
STAR WARS-CLONE WARS V.02 ANIMATED 1 $12.91
STAR WARS-CLONE WARS V.01 1 $11.90
SEINFELD 5-6 SEASONS GIFT SET 1 $57.49

I'll place one more small order on Tuesday or Wednesday and that will be it, hopefully. :rolleyes:

Lord Malakite
06-10-2006, 11:26 AM
I don't have the prices on hand at the moment, but I made a purchase yesterday and a purchase today. The orders consisted of the following titles.

Corpse Bride
Munich
A History of Violence
Wallace and Gromit The Curse of the Were-rabbit
What Dreams May Come
The Wild Bunch
Taxi Driver
The French Connection
High Plains Drifter
The Outlaw Josey Wales
Traffic
Back to School
Kelly's Heroes
Soylent Green
Falling Down
Clue
Chicken Run

There, I just added more to the stack of things I need to watch.

(This is a JBF post. I signed in under my name, but for some reason it keeps logging me back on as Lord Malakite)

UKWildcat
06-10-2006, 11:59 AM
There, I just added more to the stack of things I need to watch.

Thats all that I'm doing as well. lol

Is the Traffic you picked up the Criterion or just the regular version? I bought the Criterion a while back and I still have the regular version that I could have given to you. I know, its a little late now. If you did pick up the Criterion pay no attention to what I just said. :D

Are you going to make any other purchases JBF?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-11-2006, 05:24 PM
I think what i'm going to do is order "Cemetery Man" on Tuesday as that's when it comes out and it's listed for $11.99 and with the 20% off and free shipping, you CAN'T beat that.

UKWildcat
06-11-2006, 07:11 PM
Yea, Cemetery will be mine as well on Tuesday. I'm going to try and place my order early on Tuesday because it sounds like a lot of people are going to get Cemetary Man and Beavis and Butthead vol 2, so I want to get them before they become backordered.

You plan on getting anything else JMG or are you going to continue on playing it safe?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-11-2006, 07:53 PM
Yea, Cemetery will be mine as well on Tuesday. I'm going to try and place my order early on Tuesday because it sounds like a lot of people are going to get Cemetary Man and Beavis and Butthead vol 2, so I want to get them before they become backordered.

You plan on getting anything else JMG or are you going to continue on playing it safe?

Question though: do new releases go live @midnight (EST) or no? I'd just wait till they hit and then bam, get'em. If i get them, rock on , if no, no worries. and to answer your question: nah, this is it. I'm on the rocks as it is due to loans, toys, and concerts. I'd LOVE to splerge and get the seasons of "Kids in the Hall" and some other stuff, but nay, i won't. Next time, maybe. :crazed:

UKWildcat
06-11-2006, 08:26 PM
If I remember correctly, it's usually at like 3 or 4am EST before the new releases go live.

Btw, November will be here before you know it.

El Chuxter
06-12-2006, 12:15 AM
Saving money or not, I might have to at least order Dick Tracy and Undercover Brother. :)

Lord Malakite
06-12-2006, 01:35 PM
JBF as Malakite again because I can't figure out how to post as me. The Traffic is not the Criterion edition. I've never seen the film and thought the price was right for a blind buy of the regular edition.

Unlike the rest of you, I had preordered Cemetery Man a few months back and DDD shipped it last week...though as of today it still has yet to arrive.

I don't know about making any other purchases. Perhaps some DC animated sets.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-12-2006, 11:56 PM
"Cemetery Man" is now live. It took about 2-3 minutes for the order to go through, but it did. I got the DVD i ordered today, so i expect CM here by Thur or so. :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
06-14-2006, 05:20 PM
I placed an order monday night when Cemetery man went live and got some other films too. Here is what I ordered:

DVD : STAGEFRIGHT $ 7.28
DVD : BEASTMASTER (SE), THE $ 9.71
DVD : CEMETERY MAN $ 9.59
DVD : STARSHIP TROOPERS (SE/2D) $ 7.60
DVD : AUDITION $ 9.89
DVD : PRINCE OF DARKNESS $ 7.58
DVD : DOLLS $ 7.53
DVD : IN THE MOUTH OF MADNESS $ 7.26
DVD : CLASS OF NUKE EM HIGH SET $ 17.89

I also got these titles for a girl friend:

DVD : SIXTH SENSE $ 7.55
DVD : UNBREAKABLE $ 7.55
DVD : SIGNS (VISTA SERIES) $ 7.55
DVD : VILLAGE (WS), THE $ 7.55
DVD : GODFATHER COLLECTION, THE $ 29.04
DVD : SEX & THE CITY-6TH SEASON P $ 23.91

Then I placed an order for Beavis and Butthead Vol. 2 when it had a price drop.

DVD : BEAVIS & BUTT-HEAD-MIKE JUDGE V.02 $ 20.91

That will most likely do it for me. I may get Millennium season 2, if they drop the price on it to match Amazons, and a couple other cheap, inexpensive movies. So far I've spent more than I intended so if I order anything else, it will be small.

I am glad I pulled the trigger on the Seinfeld 5-6 boxset as it has disappeared from their website. and $31.xx for the Alien quadrilogy is an excellent deal if no one has that.

2-1B
06-15-2006, 12:07 AM
UK, have you seen Mouth of Madness yet ? H Christ makes an appearance as a paper boy...one of his earliest film appearances, I believe.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-15-2006, 12:42 AM
UK- who is this gal you're ordering DVD's for?!?!? She has a great taste in movies, minus S&C stuff. If she's hot and single, tell her i'm a sensitive 24 year old man who enjoys long walks on the beach, snuggling, biking, and watching LOADS of DVD's. lol :thumbsup:

alright, i'm done, here is the final tally:

Freaks & Geeks- the Complete series
Cemetery Man
Glory (special edition)

No more! can't afford it! till 'next time! :love:

UKWildcat
06-15-2006, 09:43 AM
UK, have you seen Mouth of Madness yet ? H Christ makes an appearance as a paper boy...one of his earliest film appearances, I believe.
This is one of the few Carpenter films that I haven't seen yet. I've kinda heard mixed things about it. Some people say its really good, then others say it wasn't so good and where his films began to go downhill. I know I didn't care for most of his films which would come after this movie, but I hope this one is good. For $7 I figured I'd chance it.

UK- who is this gal you're ordering DVD's for?!?!? She has a great taste in movies, minus S&C stuff. If she's hot and single, tell her i'm a sensitive 24 year old man who enjoys long walks on the beach, snuggling, biking, and watching LOADS of DVD's.
She's a chick I work with. She is hot and single. If things don't work out, I'll be sure to send her your way. lol

Glory, what an outstanding movie that was. I just watched it for the first time a few weeks ago and man, I loved it!!! I wish I had watched it sooner. Denzel and Morgan were excellent, of course, when are they not?

UKWildcat
06-16-2006, 10:16 AM
Sorry bout the DP but I just wanted to let you all know I received my first order yesterday; 12 lbs of goodies, all of which arrived quickly and in very good condition. Bravo DDD!!!

I should be getting my 2nd order any day now and I'm still contemplating on whether or not to place a final order. My wishlist is filled with titles I would love to pull the trigger on but my wallet is telling me otherwise.

JimJamBonds
06-16-2006, 12:36 PM
Glory, what an outstanding movie that was. I just watched it for the first time a few weeks ago and man, I loved it!!! I wish I had watched it sooner. Denzel and Morgan were excellent, of course, when are they not?

Glory IS a great movie, it was one of my favorites... and then I did some research into the 54th. Much of the movie was wrong, I'm not talking a little thing here or a little thing there I'm talking huge major parts are wrong. However, its still a good movie to watch, Moran's talk around the fire before they go into battle is AWESOME.

2-1B
06-16-2006, 12:39 PM
Hey UK, are you going to order LolliLove from DDD ? It's 14 something before the discount...I recommend skipping Netflix on that one and making the blind buy. :grin:

El Chuxter
06-16-2006, 12:53 PM
On the one hand, I'm trying to save money for the impending arrival of Chuxter Junior, and I just got a property tax bill that made me crap on the floor.

On the other hand, Deadwood Season 2 and the Kurosawa Collection.

Dammit, why did I have to pick now to try to be fiscally responsible?

Kidhuman
06-16-2006, 01:55 PM
Dammit, why did I have to pick now to try to be fiscally responsible?

Justy say its a birthday present for me that I will let you permanantly borrw.

UKWildcat
06-16-2006, 02:55 PM
Hey UK, are you going to order LolliLove from DDD ? It's 14 something before the discount...I recommend skipping Netflix on that one and making the blind buy. :grin:

*Deja Vu* Seems like I have read this elsewhere. ;):D

I hadn't planned on ordering Lollilove since I have it queued up in Netflix... but if I place another order and there is room, I may sneak it in. Kinda sucks that its fullframe but it looks like there are some pretty good extras on the disc. Have you listened to the commentary Cae? If so, was it good? Two words other than Jenna Fischer; Linda Cardellini. :lipsrsealed:

2-1B
06-16-2006, 06:30 PM
Absolutely, the commentary is great. Worth it, one of the few commentaries I've even bothered with over the last several years. It's a short movie, just over an hour long so it's nice to start it back up again with a little commentary.

The single greatest commentary track EVER would be for This is Spinal Tap. Hey, we should have a thread on the greatest DVD commentary tracks. :)

edit: That's cool about Netflix, UKW - I have started a placeholder thread for whenever you get to it. It's located next to the Tales from the Crypt thread on that shelf right over there ----->

:crazed:

second edit: Linda Cardellini rocks! She's only in it briefly, though. But it's a GREAT scene. lol (plus there's even a nod to Scooby Doo, which James Gunn wrote)

UKWildcat
06-16-2006, 07:58 PM
edit: That's cool about Netflix, UKW - I have started a placeholder thread for whenever you get to it. It's located next to the Tales from the Crypt thread on that shelf right over there ----->
lol

I know man, I'm awful. :( I've got too much stuff I need to watch and I can't keep up with it all. A placeholder thread would be great. ;) This darn DDD sale isn't making things any easier either.

*pondering* One day... oh one day I will get to them all.

second edit: Linda Cardellini rocks! She's only in it briefly, though. But it's a GREAT scene. lol (plus there's even a nod to Scooby Doo, which James Gunn wrote)
Ohh Ohh... sounds GREAT. I'm looking forward to it. :D

I'll be sure to let you all know if I place any more orders even though I really shouldn't.

What about you Caesar? You going to get in an order before this thing ends tomorrow?

2-1B
06-16-2006, 10:17 PM
lol

I know man, I'm awful. :( I've got too much stuff I need to watch and I can't keep up with it all. A placeholder thread would be great. ;) This darn DDD sale isn't making things any easier either.

*pondering* One day... oh one day I will get to them all.

Yeah, I hear ya ! That's the big reason I stopped buying (for the most part) - I have to break myself of the collector mentality.

Ohh Ohh... sounds GREAT. I'm looking forward to it. :D

It's funnier with the knowledge that Gunn wrote Scooby...but it's just funny the way the narrator says the information. Brief but funny. lol

What about you Caesar? You going to get in an order before this thing ends tomorrow?

Nooo, nope nope nooooope ! lol

I only went there to get their LolliLove price so I could shill for my homegirl Jenna, then I IMMEDIATELY put down the crackpipe and came back here without taking a hit. Gotta keep myself in line. :whip:

Deadwood Season 2, LolliLove, and the redux of The Wedding Singer (I regret buying that one, wasn't worth it :( ) are the only DVDs I've bought since March. :eek: My plan is working ! :lipsrsealed: Netflix has been very busy supplying me with rental titles, though. :D

UKWildcat
06-17-2006, 11:07 AM
Yeah, I hear ya ! That's the big reason I stopped buying (for the most part) - I have to break myself of the collector mentality.
Deadwood Season 2, LolliLove, and the redux of The Wedding Singer (I regret buying that one, wasn't worth it :( ) are the only DVDs I've bought since March. :eek: My plan is working ! :lipsrsealed: Netflix has been very busy supplying me with rental titles, though. :D
Good for you Cae. I'm working on doing the same thing, not buying as many dvds. I don't buy very many dvds release week or much at all really. The only dvds I will usually purchase at B&M are from WM and out of the bin, or exclusive releases/giftsets. The only time I really buy dvds is when there are really good sales, like the DDD 20% or through columbia house. Whenver the DDD sale rolls around I usually buy a good amount, just cause I won't spend much at all on dvds until the next sale comes around. Columbia house is awesome for getting the newer releases at an avg. of $5-6 a piece. Netflix has greatly helped in my cutting back my spending as well. I've actually started selling off part of my dvd collection too, of titles I will never watch or that have newer releases that I can pick up in the future for cheap. I've got a stack of 20+ movies so far. :thumbsup:

I only went there to get their LolliLove price so I could shill for my homegirl Jenna, then I IMMEDIATELY put down the crackpipe and came back here without taking a hit. Gotta keep myself in line.

Good work. :thumbsup:

Well today is the last day of the sale and I'm still up in the air as to whether or not I'm going to place another order. If I do, I'll do my best in finding room for LolliLove. ;)

UKWildcat
06-19-2006, 10:50 PM
Just thought I'd let you guys know that I got the rest of my DDD orders today. Again, fast shipping and everything arrived in excellent condition.

Btw Cae, I held off and didn't place another order. WOOHOOO!!! More power to me. But that also means I didn't get Lollilove but it should be here soon, from Netflix.

El Chuxter
06-19-2006, 10:59 PM
This marks the first time I have been able to be fiscally responsible during the midst of a DDD sale.

I still want Deadwood. :( I guess I have to wait until November.

UKWildcat
06-19-2006, 11:08 PM
I still want Deadwood. :( I guess I have to wait until November.

My brother went ahead and pulled the trigger on both Deadwood seasons. I believe it was like $95. Both of us have never really seen the show so I have a feeling I'll watching a lot Deadwood before too long. I hope it's as good as everyone claims, I'm sure it is.

2-1B
06-20-2006, 12:14 AM
It is UKW, it is. :D

JimJamBonds
06-20-2006, 12:27 AM
It is UKW, it is. :D

I second that!! :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
06-20-2006, 12:28 AM
No, it isn't.

It's better.

2-1B
06-20-2006, 02:16 AM
Deadwood has one big flaw but other than that one flaw, it is PERFECT. :grin:

El Chuxter
06-20-2006, 09:02 AM
And that flaw is a tendency to show Calamity Jane in the buff.

2-1B
06-20-2006, 09:08 AM
No, although that is an honorable mention :D , but I refer to the casting of a certain actor in his SECOND role in just TWO seasons. Horrible, horrible, horrible decision and it is the only thing that keeps me from seeing the show as perfection. It will always have that one blemish, I can't delete it from my mind. :bored:

El Chuxter
06-20-2006, 09:20 AM
Ah yes. And second major role at that.

2-1B
06-20-2006, 10:35 AM
I didn't intend to harp on it but a friend from work just recently caught up on season 2 on DVD and his comments about that mirrored mine EXACTLY. :D
so it's fresh on my mind. lol

UKWildcat
06-20-2006, 11:03 AM
Alright... I'm looking forward to watching Deadwood now. Thanks guys. I have another question for you all... I own the first 4 seasons of Six Feet Under on dvd and I've never seen an episode (I got a really good deal on them, one I couldn't pass up). What are your thoughts on that show? and what would you recommend viewing first? Six Feet or Deadwood?

Kidhuman
06-20-2006, 11:06 AM
Deadwood hands down.

2-1B
06-20-2006, 11:23 AM
Watch Deadwood first since
a) it's better
b) it's more relevant in terms of timeliness (what with Season 3 airing right now - which you should also be DVRing :D )

Now as for Six Feet Under, it's an AWESOME show and I highly recommend it. I love it. :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
06-20-2006, 12:07 PM
I haven't been DVRing it but Season 3 should be available on HBO Ondemand. I would hope so anyways.

Good to hear that you love Six Feet Cae. I figured it had to be a good show, with it stealing some Emmy's from the Sopranos a while back. ;)

El Chuxter
06-20-2006, 12:26 PM
Each episode's on On-Demand the day after it airs.

UKWildcat
06-20-2006, 12:41 PM
Sweet.... I should be good then. :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
07-04-2006, 10:57 AM

I just watched this movie last night Caesar. If you didn't mention anything, chances are that I wouldnt have been able to tell it was him. He was really young, but it was him.

2-1B
07-04-2006, 01:16 PM
Yeah, a bit role to be sure. :D

Hey what's the deal with this On Demand that you guys speak of - is that a pay per view type deal? How much does it cost and do you have to be a current HBO subscriber?

It sounds like a waste of money if someone is already subscribing and then paying again to watch it. :confused:

UKWildcat
07-04-2006, 01:39 PM
In my area, and most others, you just need to subscribe to Digital Cable, and whatever premium channel(s). The ondemand service is free as long as you subscribe to the premium channel. If you don't subscribe to the premium channel Ondemand is not available. I subscribe to HBO, CINEMAX, SHOWTIME, and STARZ so I get ondemand of all the channels but SHO, because they don't have one in my area. There is also a Movies on demand that is part of the whole Ondemand thing. Which are mainly newer dvd releases and cost $3.95 to view. HBO and STARZ ondemand offers a lot of movies to view anytime you want, so does MAX but they don't have nearly a good of selection as HBO/STARZ. Of course these are titles that they play weekly, but you have the convenience of watching most of them whenever you want. HBO also puts a lot of their TV shows/series on ondemand the next day after they air. So if you missed an ep of Entourage ;) or Deadwood you can just view it the next day or anytime thereafter, whenever you want as often as you want. They also have some of their older Series/episodes on demand as well. I know you can still watch some episodes from Carnivale season 2 and what not.

Although it is free you still need to subscribe to Digital Cable and the premium channel which will be considerably more than if you just subscribe to "basic" cable w/ the premium. It is a great service and I have yet to take full advantage of it. When I get started on these Deadwood seasons, it'll be nice to watch Season 3 w/o having to wait for reruns or a dvd release. Of course I better get going soon because the Series/episodes do disappear from Ondemand sometime after (it varies).

Hope that clears some things up, please let me know if you have any more questions Cae.

2-1B
07-04-2006, 02:02 PM
That sounds pretty cool, then. :)

I don't have digital cable so that's why I didn't know much about it, I guess. Hell, I wish HBO was ONLY pay per view...I'd love to watch shows ala carte and just go with what interests me. That goes for regular TV, too. Well, if not on a per show basis, at least on a per channel basis. :)

UKWildcat
07-04-2006, 04:10 PM
Yea, its pretty cool Cae. You just have to check your local cable provider and see how much more Digital Cable is (including the monthly box rental fee) and decide if it's worth it. Usually that price and an extra $5 a month with get you a DVR too. DVRs are a blessing and every home should have one. I know a lot of people will back me up on this one. :yes:

Kidhuman
07-04-2006, 07:55 PM
DVRs are a blessing and every home should have one. I know a lot of people will back me up on this one. :yes:

Word, I got your back on this.

2-1B
07-04-2006, 08:02 PM
I don't have any cable so there's no opportunity for an upgrade in that regard (unless KH's company can offer DVRs too, I'm not even sure?)...and I'm tired of paying money for this and that and something else, so I'll pass on the extra fiver. :crazed:

Kidhuman
07-04-2006, 08:06 PM
Yes, we offer DVR's. In all styles, single tuner, dual tuner and HD DVR's. It is an extra 5 a month though unless you have all the channels, then it is waived.

2-1B
07-04-2006, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the info, KH. :)

I hate to be repetitive but I really wish we could order per channel. :D
Give me ESPN, Comedy Central, HBO, and the networks and I'd be happy enough. :crazed:

Too bad everything's gotta be packaged and bundled.

Kidhuman
07-04-2006, 08:44 PM
I have heard rumors that Dish might offer that package sooner or later. We have had lots of requests for it. I cant verify either way on it. I would love that myself. We did have it a few years ago, but they stopped it.

UKWildcat
07-05-2006, 10:03 AM
DVRs are a blessing and every home should have one. I know a lot of people will back me up on this one. Word, I got your back on this.

I knew you would.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-05-2006, 11:42 AM
quick one: when does DDD do the second round of this sale? I know it's winterish, but just curious cos there are going to be A LOT of box sets i'll have to hold off on due to Grad School: The Office (s2), Lost (s2), 24 (s5), etc. or, i might finally splerge and get all the seasons of Kids in the Hall.

UKWildcat
07-05-2006, 01:34 PM
Usually its mid to late November JMG. Last year I placed orders between 11/10 and 11/17 so it will probably be sometime around then.

El Chuxter
11-09-2006, 06:20 PM
Well, it's November, and it's time for a SUPERSALE through 11/18/06. ;)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-09-2006, 07:53 PM
Well, it's November, and it's time for a SUPERSALE through 11/18/06. ;)

Thanks for the heads up, Chux! However, I ordered a few flicks, forgot one and wanted to go back and order another one and I already used that code. You have any others, ole' buddy ole' pal? :crazed:

UKWildcat
11-09-2006, 08:21 PM
Here are some more codes:

DVDTALK
USATODAY
NYTIMES
SUPERSALE
DDDCD
DD1110
DVDPRICESEARCH
LATIMES
ESPN
YAHOO
JIM
WGN
XM

-----------------------------------------

I may pick up a few things this time around although I'm not going to go as crazy as I have done in years past, of course I say that now. :rolleyes: I'm going to try and limit myself to $150. I'll be sure to post anything I order.

What have you guys bought already or have on your wish lists that you are considering pulling the trigger on?

I have been eyeballing Lost Season 2.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-09-2006, 08:34 PM
Here are some more codes:

DVDTALK
USATODAY
NYTIMES
SUPERSALE
DDDCD
DD1110
DVDPRICESEARCH
LATIMES
ESPN
YAHOO
JIM
WGN
XM

-----------------------------------------

I may pick up a few things this time around although I'm not going to go as crazy as I have done in years past, of course I say that now. :rolleyes: I'm going to try and limit myself to $150. I'll be sure to post anything I order.

What have you guys bought already or have on your wish lists that you are considering pulling the trigger on?

I have been eyeballing Lost Season 2.

I had LOST in my cart, it was 29ish, but I took it out. I just have a gut feeling that it's going to be REALLY cheap on some Black Friday sales. Plus, I did buy the first five seasons of "South park" this week at Target. They were only $19.99 each. I couldn't resist.

I did however pick up the Hannibal Lecter Trilogy and i'm about to add "Serenity" so when i finish my 'Firefly' marathon i can jump into it.

Thanks for the codes. :love:

2-1B
11-09-2006, 08:36 PM
Thanks Chux ! I bought The Sopranos 6 part 1 on Tuesday for more than 65 plus tax but I haven't opened it yet...so now I just ordered it for 50 tax free and I'll return my other purchase to the store.

Thanks!

UKWildcat
11-09-2006, 09:14 PM
I had LOST in my cart, it was 29ish, but I took it out. I just have a gut feeling that it's going to be REALLY cheap on some Black Friday sales.

According to the ads at theblackfriday.com (http://www.theblackfriday.com) , no one has Lost Season 2 listed although Target has yet to appear and it doesn't look like the Circuit City one is complete. I was thinking the same thing JMG but I don't think I am going to chance it; I'll probably just get it through DDD 20%.

Good pick on Serenity btw. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the codes. :love:

No prob. :thumbsup:

Thanks Chux ! I bought The Sopranos 6 part 1 on Tuesday for more than 65 plus tax but I haven't opened it yet...so now I just ordered it for 50 tax free and I'll return my other purchase to the store.

Good work Cae! There anything else you are going to pick up? If I remember correctly, you don't really buy much during these sales do ya?

2-1B
11-09-2006, 10:02 PM
Nope, I'm a pretty lean purchaser these days...although I wish Seinfeld 7 would come out sooner so I could scoop it up through this sale. Ditto the Evening with Kevers part 2 DVD, too.

:)

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-09-2006, 10:36 PM
aaah, shizzle. i've already spent so much $$$ lately!! After all this talk with my old man saying how i was going to "save money" and DDD has sales! Crap!!

And good lookin' out on that Black Friday site. Never knew it was out; saw that "Superman returns" for ps2 is going to be $19.99!! Holy jesus!!

and dammit, i'll wait a few days and order LOST. I had to combine orders to get to my school address. If that works out successfully, I'll change my address back to home and get LOST sent there. And i should irk my friends/family as i'm just buying stuff i have on my Christmas list :crazed:

UKWildcat
11-10-2006, 01:13 AM
And good lookin' out on that Black Friday site. Never knew it was out; saw that "Superman returns" for ps2 is going to be $19.99!! Holy jesus!!

No problem man. That site rules. :thumbsup: Many-a heads-up there on that site. :yes:

Well, I went ahead and placed my first order. Here goes:

ROSEANNE-HALLOWEEN SPECIAL $7.19
MOH-DEER WOMAN/SICK GIRL $14.39
HALLOWEEN 3-SEASON OF THE WITCH $4.84
CLASH OF THE TITANS $5.76
ACE VENTURA DELUXE DOUBLE FEATURE $10.60
LOST-2ND SEASON (EXTENDED) $29.32

------------------------------------------

Tax:
$0.00
Shipping Price:
$0.00
Order Total:
$72.10

That means I have about $75 more to spend. With Lost S2 out of the way, now I am seriously eyeballing The Adv. of Brisco County Jr. - Complete Series, $57.49 after disc. I've never seen the show before, but I love Bruce Campbell. He is king, as many of you know. ;) :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
11-10-2006, 08:25 AM
I've cut back on DVD purchases, but I think my Batman/Superman/JL animated collection may grow a bit this month.

Rocketboy
11-10-2006, 03:18 PM
ACE VENTURA DELUXE DOUBLE FEATURE $10.60
Target has that in sale thise week for $10 IIRC.

kool-aid killer
11-11-2006, 12:51 PM
Thanks for the discount codes, ive sent them along to the appropriate person so that they can use them to get me the DVDs that i want for Christmas. Heres hoping for a Christmas full of Avatar the Last Airbender, Thundercats, He-man, Batman the animated series, and the Justice League.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-12-2006, 11:27 PM
alright, let's tally up the damage (thus far):
Serenity
Hannibal
Silence of the Lambs
Red Dragon
Lost Season 2
Saw 2 (Uncut)

I finally finished my "Firefly" catchupathon tonight, so i'm anxious to watch "Serenity" and see how it all erupts. I'm told I'll be sad though and it didn't help that the score has a track called "FUNERAL" on it. I'm worried. :(

hehehe i am also going to order "The Da Vinci" code gift set tomorrow night. It's about 51 bucks, so with the 20% off, it should come to 40-41ish. Awesome!.......and rather expensive. :whip:

2-1B
11-13-2006, 06:30 PM
OH, there's a funeral alright...stay tuned. :(

UKWildcat
11-14-2006, 08:47 AM
Well, I ended up placing another order last night. I also went well over the $150 limit that I set for myself.:( However, I will have enough stuff to watch to keep me busy for a long while (not like I already don't). I'm really looking forward to the last 2 items on the list. :yes:

UMD : KILL BILL V.01 - $6.77
UMD : KILL BILL V.02 - $6.77
BEAVIS & BUTT-HEAD-MIKE JUDGE V.03 - $20.70
SLING BLADE (CE) - $7.55
THE WORLD AT WAR SET (CE) - $47.97
MASH-MARTINIS & MEDICINE COLLECTION - $111.88

Tax:
$0.00
Shipping Price:
$0.00
Order Total:
$201.64

Okay, thats it!!! No more orders for me this sale!!! :D

2-1B
11-14-2006, 07:38 PM
Okay, thats it!!! No more orders for me this sale!!! :D

Surrrrrrrre it is. ;)

Spoken like a true addict. lol

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-14-2006, 09:28 PM
My list o' idiotic purchases that I cannot afford and probably should not have purchased:
Hannibal
Silence of the Lambs
Red Dragon
Saw 2
Lost seaon 2
Serenity
Da Vinci Code: Giftset
Total damage: $125.11

D'oh! :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
11-17-2006, 12:25 AM
Surrrrrrrre it is. ;)

Spoken like a true addict. lol

Easy buddy! Actually, you are right... I have to place one more order for a friend. The test is going to be for me not to add anything that I want...:whip:

No ManHunter JMG? ;) See you pulled the trigger on Lost Season 2... I don't blame you, as I did the same. You won't be disappointed with Serenity and I have yet to see Da Vinci Code (I will probably check it out this weekend).

Anyone going to get in any more orders? Only two more days left!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-17-2006, 01:27 AM
Dude, Manhunter was SO BAD. I read the book and it's a bit more loyal to it, but it's just.....horrible.

and i'm done ordering! I think i'ev spent enough.

Da Vinci is a good flick. People were disappointed it wasn't an action packed summer blockbuster........cos it wasn't supposed to be. It's a puzzle movie about theology and myth. I loved it!

UKWildcat
11-17-2006, 10:44 PM
I thought the same thing about Manhunter JMG.

Incase you fellas haven't heard, the sale has been extended through 11/23!!! I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. lol

Also, DVDPlanet is running a 20% off sale too. The code there is: 20OFFSALE

If I place any more orders it will be at DVDPlanet b/c I still have about $160 in store credit there that I wouldn't mind using up. But the thing is, I don't know if there is anything else I want/need.

2-1B
11-18-2006, 02:57 PM
I'm concerned that I ordered The Sopranos 6 part 1 on 11/9 and it still hasn't arrived. :(

I never had a problem with DDD before, I hope it's not lost in the mail. :(

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-18-2006, 03:58 PM
I'm concerned that I ordered The Sopranos 6 part 1 on 11/9 and it still hasn't arrived. :(

I never had a problem with DDD before, I hope it's not lost in the mail. :(

You shouldn't worry Caesar. I had stuff that shipped out last week and it still hasn't arrived yet. The estimated arrival dates are ALL for this week. The first order was fast, but once the sale got going, it's taken longer. and plus, it takes a few days after ordering for it to ship out. Patience.

and if i had the $$, i'd totally buy those two new James Bond Box sets due to the current Bond fever, but i just can't afford it. :(

2-1B
11-18-2006, 04:57 PM
I don't have a problem with the patience part of it, it's just that they gave me the confirmation email saying it had ALREADY shipped. If it was just taking longer to actually send out because of the Sale volume, I wouldn't mind waiting at all. :)

I'm just paranoid that it is lost in the mail and I might eat the cost. :(

El Chuxter
11-19-2006, 10:50 AM
I've had stuff from DDD and DDC take almost three weeks to arrive. I'm still waiting on Paul Stanley's solo CD, which shipped on 11-1-06.

Of course, I'm considerably farther away from their warehouse than you guys are.

kool-aid killer
11-19-2006, 03:56 PM
I know DVDs were ordered for me, but i wont be able to see them until December 25th so im going to have to be patient anyways. Until then, i will just have to be content to read about what you all are getting.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-20-2006, 03:14 PM
So, both Serenity (which I haven't seen yet and i NEED to see to wrap up Firefly!) and Lost season 2 shipped on the 11th (seperate orders, times, etc) ,but only Lost arrived today. Thing is: i leave tomorrow for thanksgiving at home, so i'm hoping to God that Serenity AND Da Vinci Code show up tomorow or less they sit at the post office for about 7 days, which i don't want.

crap. :upset:

kool-aid killer
11-21-2006, 12:15 PM
DDD orders should be arriving soon, if not already. I know my Christmas gifts came in, ive got no clue what was ordered for me but i know they came from DDD. So keep your eyes out people.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-21-2006, 12:40 PM
so, Da vinci Code came today and it shipped last Thur, but SERENITY which shipped on the 11th, still a no show. blah! :upset:

UKWildcat
11-21-2006, 05:14 PM
That stinks JMG.

So far I've received everything that was "In Stock" when I placed my order(s). There are still a few things that I am waiting on that were "Out of Stock" when I ordered them, which is understandable. I'm glad I'm in no hurry for them.

Don't worry too much about the Sopranos Caesar. If you don't receive/it gets lost in the mail, 9 times out of 10 they will just send you another or refund the money. They ship everything with a tracking number/delivery confirmation and as long as it doesn't show that it was delivered, you should have no problems at all. DDD is a quality company. One of the best out there.

2-1B
11-22-2006, 09:41 PM
Patience, JMG, isn't that what you told me ? Your stuff will come. :D

Mine finally arrived yesterday...just odd that it took that long to get here from Itasca, IL - it's not that far from here! I love the extended sale, I was pleased they did that because I ordered Seinfeld 7 thru DDD instead of at a store.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-23-2006, 11:21 AM
Patience, JMG, isn't that what you told me ? Your stuff will come. :D

Mine finally arrived yesterday...just odd that it took that long to get here from Itasca, IL - it's not that far from here! I love the extended sale, I was pleased they did that because I ordered Seinfeld 7 thru DDD instead of at a store.

Oh, i have patience lil' buddy, but i'm not at home now, where the DVD will be arriving, so if it arrives between yesterday and saturday, it's going to sit at the PO for a few days. I didn't want that! It SHOULD be waiting for me when i go home next week.

and much to my dismay and pleas of my wallet, i bought the first two volumes of the James Bond films. CRAP. I blame JBFF who convinced me on my blog to buy them. That slippery bastard. :crazed:

and i am ****ed cos i bought the 3 Hannibal flicks only to read TODAY that there is a 2-disc SE of "Silence of the Lambs" due out at the end of January. ****. :upset:

UKWildcat
02-07-2007, 08:51 PM
Just thought I'd let you guys know that the NEW DeepDiscount Web page (http://www.deepdiscount.com/) is up and running. I really like the new look. Now bring on that 20% sale!!! :thumbsup:

P.S.- Sorry if I got anyones hopes up. :D

El Chuxter
02-07-2007, 09:08 PM
Books, too, huh?

Their book prices aren't bad, but not exceptional. I wonder if they'll do the 20&#37; off sale now, with everything being on one site.

After my last couple of orders, it'd have to be an incredibly phenomenal price--as in, 20% off sale--for me to consider buying from them again.

Kidhuman
02-07-2007, 09:10 PM
Do they price match other websites by any chance?

UKWildcat
02-07-2007, 10:13 PM
Do they price match other websites by any chance?

Yes, they do. I believe you first have to email them, with the link to the site with the lower price. Then they will either adjust their price, or have you call in and place your order over the phone. Just keep in mind, if amazon or a similar site has a book or dvd or whatever for $12.95 +$2.95 for shipping and Deepdiscount has the same book for $13.95, they won't price match, b/c of shipping and their price would still be lower after free shipping, which is understandable.

After my last couple of orders, it'd have to be an incredibly phenomenal price--as in, 20&#37; off sale--for me to consider buying from them again.

Yea, that sucks about your previous experience(s) Chux. I remember reading about one in a thread in the general disc. or some section, about a month or so ago. Personally, I've never had a problem with DeepDiscount (*knocks on wood*), but I've heard stories from those who have, aside from you Chux.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
02-08-2007, 07:03 AM
Just thought I'd let you guys know that the NEW DeepDiscount Web page (http://www.deepdiscount.com/) is up and running. I really like the new look. Now bring on that 20% sale!!! :thumbsup:

P.S.- Sorry if I got anyones hopes up. :D

Ya bastid! I saw this thread had been updated and got REALLY excited, hoping there was a sale!! Bah!!! Still, i really hope/think they'll do a sale to comemmorate the occasion. Please? :crazed:

Kidhuman
02-08-2007, 07:14 AM
I hope the sale isnt until the usual time as I need to save some dough for it.

UKWildcat
05-31-2007, 07:46 PM
Well folks, its that time again. The 20&#37; sale has started and is running until June 17th. It doesn't appear that CDs, Books and Video Games are included, but DD has marked some selections down 20%; ones that have a "Mega Sale" logo. Here are some codes:

DVDTALK
USATODAY
NYTIMES
SUPERSALE
DVDPRICESEARCH
SUMMERSALE
YAHOO
ESPN
LATIMES
XM
SOUTHSIDE
WGN

I actually won't be getting much this time around. I'm strapped for cash and there isn't that much that I want. I will get some of the Steelbooks that are being released soon. Hopefully DVDPlanet will echo this sale, like they did the last time, because I have like $200 in store credit there.

DarthQuack
05-31-2007, 10:37 PM
Weeeee, so much fun....although I think I'm gonna pass this time around.

Kidhuman
05-31-2007, 10:38 PM
I am a bit tight for cash also. They usually run this around Christams time again eh?

DarthQuack
05-31-2007, 10:42 PM
Yup, I believe it's more or less November though.....I could be mistaken...

UKWildcat
05-31-2007, 10:42 PM
Yea, usually in November sometime kh.

Hellboy
06-04-2007, 01:55 PM
Just bought the following HD DVDs using the 20% off code. Cost me $120.90 :bandit:

Ultimate Matrix Collection
The Road Warrior
Excalibur
Caddyshack
Lethal Weapon

UKWildcat
06-04-2007, 08:51 PM
I'm jealous Hellboy... HD-DVDs.... :)

Still haven't placed any orders yet. I'm still waiting to see if DVDPlanet mirrors this sale, I hope they do; get me some Steelbooks!

UKWildcat
06-05-2007, 10:31 AM
Just thought I'd let you guys know that DVDPlanet is now running the 20% sale as well; code: 20OFFSALE. This is where I will be doing my ordering since I have a bunch of store credit there. I'll be sure to post whatever I order.

2-1B
06-05-2007, 11:16 AM
I think I will order Seinfeld 8 thru this current promotion. Thanks for the heads up !!!

UKWildcat
06-06-2007, 08:17 PM
Placed my first order today at DVDPlanet. Here is what I got:

Order Information:

Catalog: LGE021176 (new)
Title: Lost Room (2006)
Qty: 1
Price: $11.17

Catalog: MGD007747 (new)
Title: Sergio Leone Anthology (1964-1971)
Price: $50.37

Catalog: 20513DVD (new)
Title: Major Payne
Price: $7.16

Total: $68.70

Everything is for me, with exception to Major Payne, that is for a friend. I'm going to place another order next week for some SteelBook releases, maybe Scrubs 5 and Seinfeld 8 too, we'll see. Even after the order I just placed I still have $202 in store credit. :D :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
06-08-2007, 01:36 PM
My order shipped yesterday. Woohoo!!!

Anyways, the real reason I am dping is because of an excellent deal that can be had on one of the greatest TV shows of all time. You can pick up the Box Set of SIX FEET UNDER for a mere $114.99 from Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-images/B000HEVZBW/ref=cm_ciu_pdp_images_2/103-6863215-8005429?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&index=2#gallery); it is their deal of the day. Most people charge around $200 for this bad boy; needless to say, this is a great price on a fantastic set. The sale is only happening today and it is while supplies last, so hurry and place your orders if you are interested. This show was one of the greatest blind buys I ever purchased and I can highly recommend it to all. I actually ordered a copy of this set and I am selling my individual seasons to a friend. :D Can't wait to get it.

DarthQuack
06-08-2007, 01:39 PM
I love that show a lot....just don't think I would get enough re-watchability with it though...

Kidhuman
06-08-2007, 01:44 PM
Placed my first order today at DVDPlanet. Here is what I got:

Order Information:

Catalog: LGE021176 (new)
Title: Lost Room (2006)
Price: $11.17

Remember, I said if you hate this I will buy it from you.

UKWildcat
06-08-2007, 01:50 PM
I've only seen the show (Six Feet Under) one time, I had a marathon and watched all the seasons in less than a month; this was several months ago. I thought it was fantastic and I definitely see myself watching it again. It may very well be my favorite HBO series too. But anyways, I've actually been contemplating starting it again, over the past few days, but I'll atleast hold off until I get the new set.

Remember, I said if you hate this I will buy it from you.

I plan on watching it as soon as I get it kh, and I'll be sure to let you know my thoughts and if I want to get rid of it or not. However, I've only heard good things about it and it stars my boy, Peter Krause, from Six Feet Under, who also played the Nazi from The Limo in Seinfeld. :D

Kidhuman
06-08-2007, 02:25 PM
Dont forget he was on Sports Night also.

UKWildcat
06-08-2007, 02:41 PM
Dont forget he was on Sports Night also.

I completely forgot about that show. I vaguely remember it airing, but I have never seen an episode of it. Did you watch it kh? Was it good? I see where the complete series is available on dvd, and it appears to get really good reviews... hmmm....

Kidhuman
06-08-2007, 02:55 PM
I thought it was ok, nothing special really. I believe it was one, maybe two seasons of it.

Hellboy
06-10-2007, 04:55 PM
I'm jealous Hellboy... HD-DVDs.... :)

Yeah I stopped buying standard DVDs quite a while ago. HD is the way to go IMO and now is a great time to jump on board. Amazon has a great promo going on right now with the Toshiba HD-A2. You get 7 free HD-DVDs and the player ends up costing around $250. The great thing about this player is it up-converts your standard DVDs too. :)

You can check it out here:Amazon HD-DVD Player Offer (http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=pe_pe_13650_5851650_fe_exp_1/?docId=1000089051)

2-1B
06-10-2007, 05:06 PM
Doesn't Deadwood 3 come out soon ? Maybe I can get that under this sale...

UKWildcat
06-10-2007, 05:14 PM
Yeah I stopped buying standard DVDs quite a while ago. HD is the way to go IMO and now is a great time to jump on board. Amazon has a great promo going on right now with the Toshiba HD-A2. You get 7 free HD-DVDs and the player ends up costing around $250. The great thing about this player is it up-converts your standard DVDs too. :)

You can check it out here:Amazon HD-DVD Player Offer (http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=pe_pe_13650_5851650_fe_exp_1/?docId=1000089051)

Yea, I know all about that offer. lol I've been considering it but I need to save my money b/c I'm fixin to buy a new vehicle. I also bought a very nice Sony Upconverting dvd player several months ago and it makes most transfers look really nice on my Samsung LCD HDTV. So I've put the HD-DVD on the back burner for a while. I also plan on picking up a PS3 at some point for the BLU-RAY player, and to play games with of course (The new GTA mainly).

Doesn't Deadwood 3 come out soon ? Maybe I can get that under this sale...

Deadwood season 3 comes out this Tuesday. DD has it priced at $55.38 so after discount it will be $44, which is a really good price. That is, if DD doesn't raise the price before hand.

2-1B
06-10-2007, 05:15 PM
Ooooh thanks for the tip ! :)

Hellboy
06-10-2007, 05:17 PM
A bit off topic but what ever happened to the rumored Deadwood HBO movies?

UKWildcat
06-10-2007, 06:29 PM

I don't know nothing about it and I still haven't seen Season 3 so no spoilers please. :D ;)

Ooooh thanks for the tip ! :)

My pleasure.

Kidhuman
06-10-2007, 06:50 PM

I spoke with the HBO rep at my job and she said it was slated to air in Sept. I havent heard anything about filming so dont hold me to it.

UKWildcat
06-13-2007, 11:00 AM
Received my first order yesterday, which was really fast considering I used the Free Shipping option.

Placed my second, and probably final, order today:

Catalog: MGD007797 (new)
Title: HANNIBAL (STEELBOOK)
Price: $12.85

Catalog: COL011588 (new)
Title: I Know What You Did Last Summer/I Still Know What You Did Last
Summer (1998)
Price: $11.96

Catalog: TAT003024 (new)
Title: Sympathy for Lady Vengeance (2005)
Price: $14.29

Catalog: TLA003012 (new)
Title: Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance (2005)
Price: $13.99

Catalog: FXD044231 (new)
Title: DAY AFTER TOMORROW (STEELBOOK)

Catalog: FXD044234 (new)
Title: FIGHT CLUB (STEELBOOK)

Catalog: FXD044480 (new)
Title: OMEN (STEELBOOK)

Catalog: FXD044228 (new)
Title: MAN ON FIRE (STEELBOOK)

Total: $104.49

Still had a little over $200 in store credit left so after this order, I'm left with about $100. Like I said, that will probably be it for me this time around; I may place one more small order.

UKWildcat
06-16-2007, 06:18 PM
Well, I caved. I ended up placing one more very small order before the sale ends, from DeepDiscount. I was going to order from DVDPlanet and use store credit but DD's prices were much cheaper on these titles...

Toy Story SE - $12.68

Toy Story 2 SE - $12.68

A Bug's Life CE - $12.68

Total: $38.06

2-1B
06-18-2007, 07:43 PM
GAH ! I missed the deadline didn't I ? :cry:

UKWildcat
06-18-2007, 08:00 PM
GAH ! I missed the deadline didn't I ? :cry:

I'm afraid so C. :(

Hellboy
09-13-2007, 01:10 PM
Anchor Bay Horror films buy 2 get 1 free sale is on just in time for Halloween. Ends 09/24 for those interested. :)

UKWildcat
09-13-2007, 01:28 PM
I want to get the new Demons (Demons and Demons II) special editions for their new and improved anamorphic video transfers but I don't know what else to get. I was thinking maybe the new Hellraiser 20th anniv. edition, but I don't know if it is worth the upgrade over the previous release or not; new transfer, audio tracks, commentary, special features etc.?!?!?! I may just end up getting Phantasm for my brother. I wish it was buy one get one free like they have done with the Anchor Bay releases in the past.:ermm:

2-1B
09-13-2007, 07:14 PM
I love Phantasm but the storylines in those movies kinda frustrate me.

UKWildcat
11-08-2007, 09:18 PM
Well its that time again folks.

DVDPlanet's (http://www.dvdplanet.com) sale is live and runs through 11/21.

Code: 20offsale, reuseable multiple times.

DeepDiscount's (http://www.deepdiscount.com) sale is also live and runs through 11/25.

Here are some DD codes:
DVDTALK
USATODAY
NYTIMES
SUPERSALE
PRICESEARCH
SUMMERSALE
YAHOO
ESPN
LATIMES
XM
SOUTHSIDE
WGN

I plan on purchasing some HD-DVDs and using the DVDPlanet store credit that I have.

Hellboy
11-08-2007, 09:25 PM
I plan on purchasing some HD-DVDs and using the DVDPlanet store credit that I have.

Are HD-DVDs included in the sale?

UKWildcat
11-08-2007, 09:28 PM
Yes sir, and Blu-Ray. :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
11-08-2007, 09:35 PM
Damn it! One of the few HD-DVDs I wanted, 300, went up in price at DVDPlanet. It was $27.96, and if you search "300" it still shows up at that, but if you click on it is is $29.95. I know DD has been known to hike up some prices before the sale, but DVDPlanet never did. :mad:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-08-2007, 10:31 PM
I was going to buy the complete series of SIX FEET UNDER through this sale, but best buy has all five seasons on sale for $19.99 each this week, so yeah, I did that. I just don't need anything else, sadly. hehe :thumbsup:

UKWildcat
11-09-2007, 10:54 AM
I was going to buy several HD-DVDs but because DVDPlanet seemingly raised ALL of their HD-DVD prices between $1-4, I may pass. 300 was one that jumped $2, V for Vendetta was another, the new Kubrick titles, amongst many (if not all) others. This is very upsetting to say the least. :upset: DVDPlanet, I expected this kind of behavior from your affiliate (DeepDiscount), but NOT from YOU!!! :mad:

Good pickup on the SFU sets JMG. The Box set is really nice though, both the packaging and the contents. It includes a nice little booklet and a couple bonus Cds containing the music from SFU; not sure if the extra $20 would have been worth it to you or not.

2-1B
11-09-2007, 06:57 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I might finally get Deadwood 3 now...I'm a little behind in that purchase. :(

El Chuxter
11-09-2007, 07:07 PM
Of course, it ends before the next Voltron comes out. :(

DarthQuack
11-09-2007, 07:51 PM
Of course, it ends before the next Voltron comes out. :(

It'll be ok Chux :P Usually it's a decent price at BB the week it comes out. I'm also looking forward to finishing out the set.

El Chuxter
11-09-2007, 08:28 PM
The first three volumes were cheapest at amazon.com, but #4 wound up being a full $10 less at Best Buy.

I said it in another thread, but I hope there's a "Vehicle Collection" forthcoming to round it out.

UKWildcat
11-21-2007, 11:05 AM
Well I finally got around to placing an order with DVDPlanet (prices reflect discount):

Shaun of the Dead HD DVD - $16.76
Dawn of the Dead HD DVD - $16.76
V for Vendetta HD DVD - $16.76
Corpse Bride HD DVD - $16.76
Blood Diamond HD DVD - $16.76
A Clockwork Orange HD DVD - $16.76
The Shining HD DVD - $16.76
2001: A Space Odyssey HD DVD - $16.76
Best of HD Vol. 3 set (Goodfellas, The Departed, Blazing Saddles and Superman) - $47.57
Flight of the Conchords Season 1 - SD - $19.50

Got a bunch of HD DVD titles, and had to pick up Flight of the Conchords. The best thing was, after store credit, all of those only set me back about $35 out of pocket, which I can live with. That was my first and only order.

UKWildcat
11-27-2007, 12:42 PM
I didn't know where else to put this so I'm putting it in here.

There is a pretty silly HBO DVD sale going on at Best Buy (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat136300050007&type=category&initialize=false&initialize=true&_requestid=54836) right now. 60% off. It sucks that they won't allow backorder items, but there is still a fair amount of good stuff in stock. Check it out, might find something that interests you. I can highly recommend Flight of the Conchords, for $10.xx, that is a steal.

DarthQuack
11-27-2007, 02:43 PM
I saw this last night as well.....Six Feet Under Complete Series is only $99....ridiculous....

Ji'dai
01-17-2008, 04:32 PM
That Best Buy sale is still going on. I just ordered the second season of Carnivale after a head's up from my brother today. It was only $23.30 with tax and shipping. I bought the first season at the local Sam's Club shortly before Christmas for under $18. BB still has both seasons for $19.99 each.

UKWildcat
01-17-2008, 08:40 PM
Good price. Looks like they have Six Feet Under and OZ seasons on sale as well. I'm still waiting for a good price on Deadwood. :upset:

Kidhuman
01-17-2008, 08:54 PM
I am awaiting a good price on Deadwood also.

UKWildcat
01-17-2008, 09:03 PM
I am awaiting a good price on Deadwood also.

I thought you got those free from work? Maybe I am confusing that show with one of the many others you have gotten free. :mad: ;)

Kidhuman
01-17-2008, 09:14 PM
I have Seasons 1 and 2 from work. I need Season 3.

UKWildcat
01-17-2008, 10:16 PM
Oh, ok. I thought you got some Deadwood sets from work. :thumbsup:

El Chuxter
01-17-2008, 11:29 PM
Shoot, wish y'all had told me when Costco had them on sale right before Christmas. I got Season 3 for (IIRC) $38.99.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-17-2008, 11:52 PM
I never really had the chance to get into Carnivale, but with that low of a price, i'm definately thinking about it. Although, I can't help but feel that watching 2 seasons of a show that was unexpectedly canceled would be silly.

Thoughts?

UKWildcat
01-18-2008, 12:11 AM
Carnivale was spectacular while it was on the air. It was a very special and magical show, and created one hell of a cult following; unfortunately that wasn't enough. Carnivale is easily one of my favorite HBO series, right behind Six Feet Under, and tied up with Deadwood and The Sopranos (all for seperate reasons). The short-lived show was nothing but outstanding, filled with great acting, a superb story and lots of meaningful undertones and mythology. I caught this show when it first originally aired on HBO and never missed an episode thereafter; it was just captivating; very powerful. I can highly recommend this series, even if its life was abruptly cut short. $19.99 is a steal, for each season of this show, and nearly any box set put out by HBO. I can easily, HIGHLY RECOMMEND this show to you JMG, especially for the price. I paid nearly full price for both box sets when they were originally released and I have no regrets or reservations for doing so, even knowing the fate of the show (with regards to the second season). Since I purchased the box sets I have watched the first season in its entirety, and I have watched episodes from season two sparingly. I still plan on having a marathon one weekend where I watch both seasons in their entirety back to back; it has been a while since I have seen an episode of this wonderful show, so that is going to make the marathon that much better. So yeah, I can, again, HIGHLY RECOMMEND this show, even if it were just a rental or an ON Demander, but for $19.99, I would definitely purchase each season, with confidence!

UKWildcat
01-24-2008, 11:18 PM
I never really had the chance to get into Carnivale, but with that low of a price, i'm definately thinking about it. Although, I can't help but feel that watching 2 seasons of a show that was unexpectedly canceled would be silly.

Thoughts?

So did you pull the trigger JMG? :thumbsup:

2-1B
01-24-2008, 11:28 PM

Thoughts?

My thoughts would be pretty much exactly the same as the post below. :thumbsup:

Carnivale was spectacular while it was on the air. It was a very special and magical show, and created one hell of a cult following; unfortunately that wasn't enough. Carnivale is easily one of my favorite HBO series, right behind Six Feet Under, and tied up with Deadwood and The Sopranos (all for seperate reasons). The short-lived show was nothing but outstanding, filled with great acting, a superb story and lots of meaningful undertones and mythology. I caught this show when it first originally aired on HBO and never missed an episode thereafter; it was just captivating; very powerful. I can highly recommend this series, even if its life was abruptly cut short. $19.99 is a steal, for each season of this show, and nearly any box set put out by HBO. I can easily, HIGHLY RECOMMEND this show to you JMG, especially for the price. I paid nearly full price for both box sets when they were originally released and I have no regrets or reservations for doing so, even knowing the fate of the show (with regards to the second season). Since I purchased the box sets I have watched the first season in its entirety, and I have watched episodes from season two sparingly. I still plan on having a marathon one weekend where I watch both seasons in their entirety back to back; it has been a while since I have seen an episode of this wonderful show, so that is going to make the marathon that much better. So yeah, I can, again, HIGHLY RECOMMEND this show, even if it were just a rental or an ON Demander, but for $19.99, I would definitely purchase each season, with confidence!

Awesome show, a shame it got cancelled without a proper conclusion...still, it's definitely worth the ride. Its unresolved ending is not nearly as unresolved as Deadwood or The Sopranos, but the journey through 2 seasons is just too good to pass up. :yes:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
01-24-2008, 11:56 PM
So did you pull the trigger JMG? :thumbsup:

Yessuh, I sure did! Got both seasons last weekend. They're on a stack of DVD's I need to watch, pretty far down actually, but it's cold up here, so i'll get to them eventually. Thanks for the input! :thumbsup:

DarthQuack
05-14-2008, 07:10 PM
UK did I miss the spring sale? You're usually up on this....I wanted to get a few things....and would like to if they're doing the sale soon.

Kidhuman
05-14-2008, 07:26 PM
It sould be soon, like this week or next.

UKWildcat
05-14-2008, 07:33 PM
Yeah, usually they are sometime in June so one should be coming up pretty soon.

There isn't a whole lot that I need/want, so this upcoming sale shouldn't be real taxing for me. I'm sure DVDPlanet will echo the sale as well, which means I will use my store credit for any purchases.

As soon as the sale hits I will let you guys know.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
05-14-2008, 07:37 PM
This'll probably be the best way to get those Young Indy sets!! eeeee! BRING IT ON, DD! :whip:

El Chuxter
05-19-2008, 03:55 PM
It might be time for me to finally finish up my DCAU collection, if they're doing it again. At the least, I'll order Dick Tracy finally. (That'd be like $5 after the discount.)

Beast
05-27-2008, 08:00 PM
Good news everyone! The sale starts June 6th, and runs though June 22nd.

It's that time of year again! DeepDiscount.com is offering their huge 20% off DVD sale! Customers can choose from almost all DVDs, except for pre-order titles. From June 6th until June 22nd customers can use the code "DDAF" to recieve this exclusive coupon!

More coupon codes will likely start showing up as we get closer to the 6th.

DarthQuack
05-28-2008, 06:13 AM
I'll be picking up the Friends complete collection for the lady....she's wanted it for a while and just started her internship at Disney, so it'll be part of a nice care package :P

Kidhuman
05-28-2008, 08:09 PM
I have all the Friends Seasons, bought them at Target when they were on sale for the womean. They are pretty funny and a nice collection. I didnt think the bonus features on the complete set were worth it and neither did she. The gag reels are freakin hilarious

UKWildcat
06-12-2008, 10:55 AM
First Order:
Dario Argento Box Set - $23.98
Diary of the Dead - $13.98
Clerks II HD DVD - $7.77
Wolf Creek HD DVD - $7.77
Lucky # Slevin HD DVD - $7.77
Feast HD DVD - $7.77
Californication Season 1 - $22.38

Second Order:
40 Year Old Virgin HD DVD - $9.58
Anchorman HD DVD - $9.58
Old School HD DVD - $9.58
Mallrats HD DVD - $9.58
Demons SE - $7.18
Demons 2 SE -$7.18
Dr. Giggles -$7.96

All from DVDPlanet, and store credit covered everything.

UKWildcat
06-16-2008, 12:39 PM
My first order came today; very much looking forward to watching Diary of the Dead :thumbsup: (wasn't able to catch this one in the theater, never played near me). :(

The Dario Argento Box Set has all 5 discs in a single Steelbook packaging, very cool. :thumbsup:

Did anyone else end up placing any orders, yet?

UKWildcat
06-26-2008, 09:57 PM
This sale has been extended through the 29th, same with DVDPlanet, for those of who you forgot to place any orders, or thought of some more stuff.