PDA

View Full Version : Availability of the exclusive Chewbacca figure

tagmac
11-16-2004, 09:31 AM
Does anyone know if these are going to be hitting the stores anytime soon? All the KB's are closing by me, so I don't know if their gonna be getting any new merchandise in for the holidays, and this is no longer available on KB.com. Thinking it was gonna be another Gammorean Guard, I didn't bother to pre-order it, and now I'm wondering if I blew it, or if KB simply took it off the site until after they start shipping. Just wondering if anyone's heard anything, or if anyone works for KB, if they know if even the stores that are closing will be getting in some of these. Thanks.

Reefer Shark
11-17-2004, 12:35 AM
I noticed it wasn't on the website anymore too, and was wondering the same thing....

Anyone have any info on this one?

tagmac
11-18-2004, 08:54 AM
I have a bad feeling they're gonna get a handful of these in, save them for Black Friday, and watch the first scalper waiting all night for the store to open grab as many as possible before the average customer can get there. Only a matter of time before the "rare, hard-to-find," $60-plus Chewie starts showing up on ebay. Nice job by Hasbro, making an exclusive limited to a company that's closing most of it's stores. Here's hoping we'll see some more available on the website soon.

K M Toydarian
11-24-2004, 04:29 AM
Don't know if I will get this figure or not. I'll have to see it in person. Hopefully he will show up in stores. I couldn't commit 30 bucks to a preorder when it was up. I don't have great expectaions for it. It doesn't look that much better than the POTJ plastic chewy.
On a related note, I broke down and bought 5 different Lord of the Rings rotcast figs at TRU for 9.99 each. Man are these great. They say they are 11", but Gandalf is as tall as the GI Joe star wars body. Super detail, great sculpt and paint, wicked articulation and 10 bucks! Looking at my Jawas and Ewoks and ol stiff as a board plastic chewy I don't get why ToyBiz can make such a great product even cheaper, and Hasbro seems to fail miserably, even after almost 10 years of the modern line!

(Whew, Sorry, That's it.)

JediTricks
11-25-2004, 12:54 AM
I'm torn, Fett really let me down, but I do want a 12" Chewie that's better than Ally McBacca and the plush wookiees of doom. I suspect that I'll end up waiting until KB puts it on sale for $22 or less the way they did the TIE Fighter.

Reefer Shark
11-25-2004, 01:54 AM
I waited for the eventual clearance with the 12" Gam guard, and ended up getting him for $15.

Though with the Chewy, I worry that KB might have learned thier lesson with the Tie Fighter & Gammorean and might not commit to as many units. I might just fork over the $29.99 for this one...

Hellboy
11-28-2004, 04:31 AM
My interest in the 12" line has faded considerably but I do want to pick up this Chewy. Like others I'll probably take my chances though and wait for clearance or at least a somewhat reduced price before getting him.

Kidhuman
11-28-2004, 07:53 AM
I passed on all the OTC 12". I dont collect the line as a whoile, just what looks good to me.(or if they are on clearance.) Chewie didnt impress me much from the pictures, and since I dont have a KB close by anymore, I dont think I will be getting him anytime soon.

Turbowars
11-28-2004, 11:10 PM
I called my local KB yesterday and they had one left and they put it on hold. I picked it up and my god the box is huge. I think the Packaging is worth more than the figure.

Chewy is very tall and dorky looking. I have two major complaints. One he doesn't have knee articulation and 2 his Bowcaster is missing the strap. It's too bad they didn't just blow up the VOTC Chewy for the sculpt. His legs seem to be too thin, but when you look back at the film Chewy's really tall and lanky, so maybe it not bad.

tagmac
12-14-2004, 01:11 PM
Has anyone else even seen these yet? No sign of anything at the KB's near me, and since it's getting closer to their closing date, it looks like they're no longer receiving merchandise. Still not back on the website either, and my guess is, they probably won't be. Very poor move by Hasbro. Hopefully Enertainment Earth will eventually pick these up for the same price. Either them or the Star Wars shop.

Exhaust Port
12-14-2004, 01:31 PM
KB dropped the ball on a 12" SW exclusive? Get out. :)

Rebo's_Guitarist
12-15-2004, 11:56 PM
Hey, if anyone can grab an extra one of these I would really appreciate it as there are no more KBs around here.

K M Toydarian
12-16-2004, 03:19 AM
Back in stock at Kbtoys.com -29.99
After getting one at a local KB for 23.99 (after the 20% off all action figures sale) I must admit I kinda like it. His arms and shoulders are a lot better than the prototype picture and he is head and shoulders above the other plastic Chewy. Considering the 3 regular 12" vintage figs are 29.99, not so bad after all.

OC47150
12-16-2004, 11:21 AM
It's the best Chewie Hasbro has released.

A friend had one to show off at a party at the beginning of the month. He said he found it in the stores. I haven't visited KB as much as I have in the past and haven't seen it.

tagmac
12-16-2004, 07:51 PM
Thanks kraig. Just ordered mine now.

Veers
01-08-2005, 07:32 AM
I am going to order mine online as well. None are showing up at my local KB's eithier. They are to busy cleaning up after Christmas.

bobafrett
01-26-2005, 12:09 PM
I got this one by chance, stopping into my local KB toys to see if they were clearing out any of the old Lego sets, and there behind the register was the 12" (plus) Chewbacca. I bought it for full retail, so he's staying boxed up, for now.

Darth Christopher
01-26-2005, 03:38 PM
Did anybody see or get an undamaged box 15" Chewbacca, that is one without a creased flap? Where could I find one that's mint (smooth flap)? I think it's a crock of s**t Hasbro allowed that to happen. Seems some disgruntled worker(s) deliberately bent the flaps, perhaps a grudge against collectors or something. Any ideas?

Slicker
01-26-2005, 03:44 PM
I've never seen this Chewie. Didn't it come in the same protective case as the other three 12" VOTC figures?

Darth Christopher
01-26-2005, 04:03 PM
I've never seen this Chewie. Didn't it come in the same protective case as the other three 12" VOTC figures?

Yes, he has the same protective, clear plastic cover, but if you peer through at the inner box's flap, you'll see the stress line or crease going all the way down the flap, where the flap meets the box, just like some of the old, vintage "large size" figures in the '70s due to mishandling. So the damage occurred at the factory, before it was put in the protective case, simply inexcusable!

sith_killer_99
01-26-2005, 08:25 PM
I have seen a number of these, at least a 15 or so and ALL of them have a crease along the flap. :(

Veers
01-28-2005, 04:13 PM
I need to check my local KB.