PDA

View Full Version : Potc

Rebo's_Guitarist
11-16-2004, 10:50 AM
I just picked up the first 5 and noticed something unusual, maybe. None of them have the affiliation symbole in the upper left hand corner, except Yaurra. Is there any specific reason for this?

jrsharp21
11-16-2004, 11:11 AM
I am wondering if the reason is that there was not an Empire and or Rebel force created yet. In the prequels there is only the Republic so far and now in Episode III we see the beginning of the Empire.

Rebo's_Guitarist
11-16-2004, 08:51 PM
But wouldnt Pablo or Rabe be affiliated with the Republic? I dont know, Im probably wrong..............:)

Slicker
11-17-2004, 12:35 AM
Doesn't the Republic symbol look like the Imperial symbol? Maybe they didn't want to confuse people.

Kidhuman
11-17-2004, 07:02 AM
Meh, its all the same to me. Symbol, no symbol....I dont care, its the product that counts.

Rebo's_Guitarist
11-17-2004, 11:40 AM
Here here, I just thought it was weird only one of the five had it.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
11-17-2004, 01:02 PM
another thing I noticed was that on the side of Pablo's figure, where it said, "attack of the clones" looked really out of place from the rest of the texts on the other figures. Just seemed really big and kinda wacky!!

Still, i'm happy with the figures. :D

Ji'dai
11-17-2004, 05:43 PM
I don't recognize Yarua's symbol as even Old Republic or Empire. It looks like a big asterisk to me.

On another note did you guys read the back of Rabe's card?

"Rabe is one of Padme Amidala's handmaidens, loyal aides who also serve as her bodyguards. One of her duties is to act as a decoy, impersonating Padme in vulnerable situations. Very patient for one so young, Rabe is a soothing influence on the queen in difficult times and helps Padme prepare her elaborate hairstyles."

So in between decoy work, counter-espionage, and defense training, Naboo handmaidens have time to do the Queen's nails and coif her hair, plus dish on the latest court gossip while foiling the latest assassination attempts. Ah, the girls of Naboo... I'd visit the Outer Rim to see them any time.

Ji'dai
12-11-2004, 04:54 PM
Freed the POTC today and discovered that Amidala's "Globe of Peace" accessory actually opens. The cardback does show the figure holding half the globe which sports some kind of Gungan brocoli inside ;)

Slicker
12-11-2004, 06:02 PM
The cardback does show the figure holding half the globe which sports some kind of Gungan brocoli inside ;) *In your best Homer voice* Mmmmmmmmmm Gungan broccoli.

TheCricket
12-11-2004, 07:16 PM
I also found the first 5 at K-mart today. They scanned at $7.39 but all had price stickers on the bubble for $6.70. I bought one of each, but hope to find them cheaper--if Walmart gets them in--so I can return these.