PDA

View Full Version : Turkey and "fixin's"

JEDIpartner
11-17-2004, 09:52 AM
That's like "egg nog". Everyone know what an egg is... what the hell is nog??!!! What are "fixin's"???!! Who started that stupid term? Is the turkey broken? It sounds like the turkey comes with tools or something!

English can be such a weird language. :frus:

Exhaust Port
11-17-2004, 10:23 AM
nog

\Nog\, n. [Abbrev. fr. noggin.]

1. A noggin.

2. A kind of strong ale.

Somewhat of a slang term to call a strong Egg drink an Egg Nog.

fixings n.

1: food that is a component of a mixture in cooking;

2: the accessories that normally accompany (something or some activity)

So any food component used in creating a mixture or is apart of a food presentation is a "fixing".

I'm sure that helps. :D ;)

JEDIpartner
11-17-2004, 03:00 PM
Okay... but I hope to God that no one is making a mixture of cranberries, green beans, mashed potatoes, stuffing and sweet potatoes and roasting their turkey in it! Bleahhhhh!!!!

Exhaust Port
11-17-2004, 03:42 PM
Me too but you can get all those as flavored sodas. blah. There was a review of those flavored sodas at x-entertainment that was both hilarious and disgusting. :D

El Chuxter
11-17-2004, 04:02 PM
Okay... but I hope to God that no one is making a mixture of cranberries, green beans, mashed potatoes, stuffing and sweet potatoes and roasting their turkey in it! Bleahhhhh!!!!

Funny, that's exactly what Emeril was dishing up last night on Food Network.

JEDIpartner
11-17-2004, 04:23 PM
Which I why I don't try most of his recipes. His food is either just gross or will land you in the cardiac care unit of a hospital. Nasty.

El Chuxter
11-17-2004, 04:27 PM
I bet if Emeril posted here, he'd respond to that with a hearty "BAM!!" :D

InsaneJediGirl
11-18-2004, 09:29 PM
Emeril is just odd.Don't watch his show at all,its like hes trying to do the Tonight Show only with food.(The band and all)

JEDIpartner
11-19-2004, 09:10 AM
I bet if Emeril posted here, he'd respond to that with a hearty "BAM!!" :D
Emeril's gonna get some "BAM!!" with the paddles in an emergency room somewhere, somday! :rolleyes:

Kidhuman
11-19-2004, 11:31 AM
Emeril's gonna get some "BAM!!" with the paddles in an emergency room somewhere, somday! :rolleyes:

You isnt kidding. And that is damn funny.

El Chuxter
11-19-2004, 01:08 PM
And then Rachael Ray can take over his spot! She's cuter, even if she is something of a geek.

Or Iron Chef Sakai could take over the entire Food Network programming day. That would be gnarly.

InsaneJediGirl
11-19-2004, 08:39 PM
Hey,it would be great to have the Iron Chefs run in and take Emeril hostage :D Then they could battle each other out in his kitchen. ;-)

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-20-2004, 12:55 PM
Anyone frying their turkey this year? I hadn't experienced a fried turkey until over the Summer, and I don't know if the preparer didn't cook it right, but I tasted little difference from a traditional oven-roasted turkey. The only major difference was that my arteries probably clogged a bit faster.

Bobby Fett
11-20-2004, 06:33 PM
If you couldn't taste much difference, it wasn't properly prepared.

Kidhuman
11-20-2004, 10:05 PM
You dont fry a turkey. Its not chicken, slow roast that bad boy all day long. Thats how you make a turkey

InsaneJediGirl
11-21-2004, 07:53 PM
I've had fried turkey(What Southerner hasnt?:D) and I wasnt too impressed.I agree with kidhuman,it needs to be slow roasted to a nice juicy perfection.

2-1B
11-23-2004, 02:36 AM
How about gizzards ? Anybody here eat gizzards ?

I only eat breast meat. Nothing else.

James Boba Fettfield
11-23-2004, 05:17 AM
When I was in the fast food business I ate fried chicken gizzards. Not bad.