PDA

View Full Version : The mistakes of the Corporation

Darth Alex
11-17-2004, 07:39 PM
Well, since I'm frustrated Hasbro and this here is a clean public forum, thought I'd start a thread for you to see when you screw up, how you screw up, and see if anything is actually done by you(Hasbro) to fix it...

And topic number one will be the end of the OTC?

Howza bout emptying those warehouses and shipping the end of this line before Christmas? Howza bout shipping it so everyone can buy as much as they want?

Biker Scout.
Imperial Scanning Crew Tech #2.
Slave Leia rrrrrepaint.
Hoth:rolleyes: Vader.
Bib Fortuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuna.
Gamorean(Pig) Guard repaint.

Do you want people to buy these at retail and online or do you actually make $$$ as a company seeing how rare these are on the back market(and expensive too, since less figures sold means I pay more to Bryan's toys and you make less money off of less cases sold)?

Let's lay down the gauntlet, people...
Anyone from Hasbro read this?......care to repsond with something other than a stock CORPORATE-THEMED answer?
Does anyone from Kebco(nothing personallllll, just an example) or another on-line retailer care to step in AS A PROXY for Hasbro and tell me when I can go to the store and buy the 6 figures above? Ya know, gas is expensive, and I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DRIVE TO ANY MAJOR RETAILER AND BUY THESE ALL AT THE SAME TIME ESPECIALLY SINCE IT'S THE CHRISTMAS SEASON.....

Now, I'm gonna go home and play SW Battlegrounds....Battlefronts....whatever it's called, my brain's burnt from such appartantly unanswerable rants....gotta breathe....:eek:

JediTricks
11-19-2004, 12:34 AM
Hasbro does read this forum, but their employees are not allowed to respond.

As for getting the product out there, I've seen all those figures on store shelves here in scalper paradise, aka Southern California. They do get snapped up fast though because the line is popular.

What really bugs me about this is how crappy the case assortments are, getting too much product that folks didn't want in the previous wave into cases that have hot and new figures. Look to POTJ for case assortments that work, then look to Saga - where Hasbro had to buy back tons of pegwarmers - for case assortments that are more classic Hasbro style.

Slicker
11-19-2004, 09:38 AM
Howza bout emptying those warehouses and shipping the end of this line before Christmas? Howza bout shipping it so everyone can buy as much as they want?

Biker Scout.
Imperial Scanning Crew Tech #2.
Slave Leia rrrrrepaint.
Hoth:rolleyes: Vader.
Bib Fortuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuna.
Gamorean(Pig) Guard repaint.
It takes time for new product to hit the shelves. I still haven't seen Han AT-ST OTC or any of the later figures but I'm patient and realize that I'll get it eventually.

I do feel your angst about certain figures that I've never seen (Concept Stormie and the like) but that's only a couple of figures out of the 300 or something that I've found in stores. Having to spend the extra buck on e-tailers isn't gonna really hurt me that much.

Darth Alex
11-19-2004, 10:25 AM
Hasbro does read this forum, but their employees are not allowed to respond.

As for getting the product out there, I've seen all those figures on store shelves here in scalper paradise, aka Southern California. They do get snapped up fast though because the line is popular.

What really bugs me about this is how crappy the case assortments are, getting too much product that folks didn't want in the previous wave into cases that have hot and new figures. Look to POTJ for case assortments that work, then look to Saga - where Hasbro had to buy back tons of pegwarmers - for case assortments that are more classic Hasbro style.
Excellent point, JediTricks about the POTJ assortments.
I do believe that some places in the USA are getting these, no doubt near you, but the current assortments just are up to snuff.
Saga, I do remember, when I started buying alot in the summer of 02, did have a LOT of pegwarming action....

Darth Alex
11-19-2004, 10:29 AM
It takes time for new product to hit the shelves. I still haven't seen Han AT-ST OTC or any of the later figures but I'm patient and realize that I'll get it eventually.

I do feel your angst about certain figures that I've never seen (Concept Stormie and the like) but that's only a couple of figures out of the 300 or something that I've found in stores. Having to spend the extra buck on e-tailers isn't gonna really hurt me that much.
We should trade spots!:classic:
Your response is the PERFECT example of what I'm laying down. You, Slicker, have NOT seen the Han AT-ST figure yet, and I have a Walmart near me where, no joke, you could buy 30 of the figure.
Normally, also, spending the extra buck on an etailer in not a big deal. But, now that the price of some new figures is up to $19.99 plus shipping and sometimes handling, well you know how expensive that gets:rolleyes: .
I really want a Myo, so I'll probably just quit my griping and plunk down for the case with him?her? in it...