PDA

View Full Version : The Official Gentle Giant Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

Jayspawn
10-02-2005, 11:05 PM
They Han Solo bust is worth it even at full price. Definatly worth picking up.

All the release dates above are correct. GG is just a little late as uaual.

Jaster
10-03-2005, 12:22 AM
more time to save up! between GG and MR, whew...

Jayspawn
10-03-2005, 10:56 PM
Gentle Giant's website is showing the Sandtroopers as released! So we should start seeing them show up soon.

Jayspawn
10-04-2005, 04:42 PM
I finaly got an email back today from Gentle Giant reguarding the suggestion of making the Exclusive C-3PO bust available for Collector's Club members...

Thank you for your email.

At this time we do not anticipate having the Art of Star Wars Exhibition Exclusive EPII C-3PO mini bust available for members of our Collector's Club. Only StarWarsShop.com will have them available to purchase in the U.S.

Sincerely,

Gentle Giant Customer Service

Seems like kind of a blow off to me. I'll bet they totally forgot about the Collector's club on this one.

Hellboy
10-05-2005, 03:57 PM
Seems like kind of a blow off to me. I'll bet they totally forgot about the Collector's club on this one.

I agree but it was worth the try I suppose.

Pretty sad that there aren't any benefits to being part of the Collector's Club anymore because IMO they should have allocated at least 100 of these for Club members.

Jaster
10-11-2005, 05:31 PM
anybody heard anything on the Yoda or the Sandtroopers?

Hellboy
10-11-2005, 05:56 PM
Yoda is shipping as we speak and the Sandtroopers are scheduled to start shipping next week. :grin:

Jaster
10-11-2005, 10:56 PM
hey check out what I found at Scum, to be due March 2006
Looks awesome!

Jayspawn
10-11-2005, 11:44 PM
OH MY GOD!! I got to have one of those!!!!

JimJamBonds
10-11-2005, 11:47 PM
I'd rather have Palps 'uppercuttin' with his saber. :)

Jayspawn
10-11-2005, 11:50 PM
I wouldnt mind a Chancellor Palpatine bust. This looks amazing!

Jaster
10-12-2005, 01:48 AM
here's hoping palpy's clone armies are not far behind!

Jayspawn
10-12-2005, 09:17 AM
Next year could get really expensive fast! With the Darth Maul, Luke on Tauntaun and later Boba Fett Statues coming out. If the Clones are on the way, we ALL better save, save, save! You know theres gonna be numerous versions in every color combination coming out.

Jaster
10-13-2005, 02:17 AM
I just got a shipment confirmation email from AFX tonight, My Sandtrooper duo will be here in 1-3 days! wooohooooo can't wait!

2-1B
10-13-2005, 02:32 AM
Agreed, the new Palps bust looks super sexy, I'll definitely need to get that one, too ! :)

Jayspawn
10-13-2005, 09:51 AM
I'm with ya Jaster. We got 4 Minibusts shipping out!!!! They next few weeks should be very exciting!

Reefer Shark
10-14-2005, 05:42 PM
I picked up the two Sandtroopers and Yoda busts at my local comic shop today. I think I got a pretty good deal (Stormys $40, Yoda $36). I got 6031/6520 of 15000 on the sandtrooper, and 12012 of 15000 on Yoda. Talk about high production runs!

The Sandtrooper has a huge box, the biggest yet! And the Yoda his a little tiny box, definitely the smallest yet. It looked kinda funny on the store shelf to me for some reason... lol It'll be nice to have all three Sandtroopers set up together!

Jaster
10-14-2005, 09:40 PM
WOW! 15,000? I know GG has big expectations for these busts but 15,000 seems excessive. The Vader will probabaly end up bieng 20,000!

Turbowars
10-14-2005, 09:46 PM
Yes and that's how it should be within reason. I mean everyone that wants one should be able to get one. This limited # thing is BS. Just because some people have a thing about, Oh I have something you don't have doesn't mean they should limit some busts to 500.

Jayspawn
10-14-2005, 10:26 PM
The Stormtroopers had a big run also. I think GG is doing a high run of Vader to make up for the low (too low) number of the 1st bust.

2-1B
10-14-2005, 11:11 PM
I agree with Turbowars, completely. I mean, I don't expect them to overproduce so many that they will sit . . . but intentionally low production runs are lame, and it's not like GG can really get in on the aftermarket anyway. lol

Hellboy
12-03-2005, 04:24 PM
GG has started a Blog to keep customers updated. They should have done this a long time ago but better late than never.

Welcome to the Gentle Giant Ltd. Blog.

You've come to the right place for up-to-date information on products and behind the scenes tid-bits from those on the inside.

We'll be posting as often as possible with news (hopefully on a daily/weekly basis) and any news/answers to those questions received by Customer Service and seen in the many forums.

http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/blog/

bobafrett
12-03-2005, 10:33 PM
I picked up my large ROTS Darth Vader GG sculpture after making my final payment on it. Today I got to open it up, and already I have a problem. On the base, which is rather heavy, there is a two inch X 1/2 inch scratch like someone took a piece of fine sandpaper to it. The tape seal around the styrofoam had never been cut, so I'm sure the shop I bought it from didn't scratch it. Does GG offer replacements?

Hellboy
12-03-2005, 11:25 PM
I'd just return it to the shop you bought it from bobafrett. It's obviously damaged goods so they should give you a refund or exchange it for another if they have it. I don't think GG can do anything for you as far as getting a replacement base since you didn't buy it from them direct.

Reefer Shark
12-04-2005, 05:52 PM
That sucks Bobafrett. I would second what HB said. My local comic shop wont sell any statues/busts with opening them and inspecting them in front of you first.

That's one of the reasons I buy all my new stuff there.

Turbowars
12-04-2005, 06:33 PM
That's one of the reasons I buy all my new stuff there.Hey, Cat didn't do that with mine. So he still hasn't gotten the Vader in? A friend of mine that works at Hot Topic in the mall said he picked him up at Sun Coast last week. Whats up with that?

Reefer Shark
12-04-2005, 07:44 PM
Huh, I'm surpised to hear that he didn't check your bust with you. He's done that with every staue and bust I've bought from him.

Still no Vader, he should be getting them any Wednesday now. I keep bugging him about it too since I've already seen it elsewhere. I saw one three weeks ago when the little lady and I were in San Francisco. She wanted to buy it for me then, but I decided to wait for Cat to get 'em in. I also saw a few at Frank-n-Sons last weekend.

Jayspawn
12-15-2005, 09:35 AM
I've been checking in on the GG Blog, they seem to be keeping up with it.

Well I suppose we're going through some down time as no new product is coming out till February (Lando Skiff Bust). This next month Bust-Ups Series 5 The Empire Strikes Back wave should be arriving soon. That'll wet the beak!

sith_killer_99
12-15-2005, 08:31 PM
Well, it may not seem like big news to y'all, but I finally got my Orange and White Sandtroopers the other day. I love 'em and they look great next to my CIII Sandtrooper.:love:

I think I'm down to 4-5 mini busts needed to complete my collection now.:D

BTW, I did a nice little custom of a Sandtrooper Bust-Up, I'll try to post pics later. I'm on the road right now in Indy....again....fortunatly the hotel has free wireless internet.:D

Hellboy
12-16-2005, 06:49 PM
Anybody need a full size Clone Wars Yoda?? He can be yours for around $500 shipped. Finding a place to put him . . . well thats another story. :crazed:

Jayspawn
12-17-2005, 09:32 AM
I love the small one we have. Now this one....wow! I'd love to have one of these! I dought I'd have anywhere to put it. Hmmm...

sith_killer_99
12-27-2005, 11:39 PM
Well, my wife got me the ESB Yoda and ROTS Darth Vader for Christmas.

I was surprised by the Darth Vader. It looks better in person. I am pretty inpressed with it.:D

The Yoda is much smaller than I anticipated. I am impressed with the bust, it just smaller than I thought it would be.

As always I love the new busts and I am thankful to have them in my ever growing collection.:love:

Jayspawn
01-05-2006, 09:51 AM
We have a little down time now (which is nice after Christmas) but in February the Skiff Lando Bust ships! And in March the Luke on Tauntaun and Darth Maul Statues ship. Aie!

Darth Instigator
01-06-2006, 01:49 AM
I have fallen in love with the Maul Gentle Giant figure coming out in Feb/March 2006, and I have a question. Do you guys think the supply will be gone before they come out? I want to buy one but I dont completely trust ebay and the cost right now is very high, I worry that I will pay more now then later as I have done with other stuff.

Jayspawn
01-06-2006, 09:48 AM
The demand is definatly there. I've been able to pickup the Vader, C-3PO and Chewbacca Statues after they came out with no problem.

Darth Instigator
01-06-2006, 02:43 PM
ok thanks, I just want to get it

Jayspawn
01-07-2006, 09:35 AM
A few updates from the Gentle Giant BLOG!

1st the Clone Wars Yoda Monument has been set at $499.99 and limited to just 1000. The Boba Fett Statue has been limited to 6500. Everyone who wants one should be able to get it at that number...

AND

2. They've posted a teaser image of WHO the next minibust might be!!!
http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/blog/2006/01/tease.html
Who do you think it is?????

Sith Lord 0498
01-07-2006, 09:56 AM
A few updates from the Gentle Giant BLOG!

1st the Clone Wars Yoda Monument has been set at $499.99 and limited to just 1000. The Boba Fett Statue has been limited to 6500. Everyone who wants one should be able to get it at that number...

AND

2. They've posted a teaser image of WHO the next minibust might be!!!
http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/blog/2006/01/tease.html
Who do you think it is?????

While I was hoping for a Revenge of the Sith Anakin, I have to say I believe that teaser image is the left hand side collar of Qui-Gon Jinn.

You can tell that it's the tunic and robe of a caucasian Jedi. Taking into account the color scheme, that leaves only Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan, however, has another darker brown layer that's missing here. Qui-Gon only wore the one tunic under the robe.

Darth Instigator
01-07-2006, 10:51 AM
it looks very nice! I found a site selling the international Darth Maul also. It is listed for $179 but it may be well worth it.

Hellboy
01-07-2006, 01:20 PM
I have to say I believe that teaser image is the left hand side collar of Qui-Gon Jinn.

I'm inclined to agree with you here, I think it's Qui-Gon as well. I sure hope it is because we desperately need some Phantom Menace mini-busts to balance out the collection. Other than Qui-Gon Jinn I'd have to go with old Ben.

dr_evazan22
01-18-2006, 01:43 PM
Collectors Club members check your email!!!!

A Salacious Crumb bust is being made available to Club members, edition size 2500.

I was able to place my order already.

In the same email, ah, just read the quote here:

NEWS
We at Gentle Giant want to wish you a Happy New Year. We've got some exciting things planned for 2006, some of which will be shown at the New York Toy Fair next month. We're sure many of you have heard about our recent holiday gift, so to start 2006 off with a bang we're offering Collector's Club Members the chance to make Salacious Crumb part of your collection. This little creature comes with something special ! the other did not, an electronic flickering C-3PO eye. The edition size for Salacious is 2500 pieces and the retail price is $50.
Below is the link to the product page:
Salacious Crumb Mini bust

Another something cool to start of 2006 right, is for our Star Wars Bust-Up fans. We've put together a 6-pack set of all the ICE chase figures from Series 5 - Hoth set. No more hutting around for each of the figures, exclusively for members of our Collector's Club, here is your chance to get them all at once.
Below is the link to the product page:
Star Wars Bust-Ups Series 5 - Hoth ICE 6-pack

Jayspawn
01-18-2006, 02:56 PM
thanks for the post dr evazan22! i got my order placed. As much as that shipping was it better arrive quick! But I'm happy to be getting one, none the less.

dr_evazan22
01-18-2006, 04:21 PM
Were the "Ice" bust-ups just clear / blue versions of the colored BU's? Similar to the hologram BU's?

Sith Lord 0498
01-18-2006, 07:37 PM
Were the "Ice" bust-ups just clear / blue versions of the colored BU's? Similar to the hologram BU's?

That's exactly what they are. They're made with a pale blue plastic. Picture the Series 1 clear variants and the holographic Sith Lord colors mixed together.

Reefer Shark
01-19-2006, 01:02 AM
Sweet! I got my order in for Salacious Crumb, can't wait to get the little bugger!

I actually like this version much better than the Holiday edition. The Santa hat and lights looked lame to me, and this new one has the light up C3-P0 eye. :cool:

I can't wait to see what GG reveals at Toy Fair.

Jayspawn
01-19-2006, 09:59 AM
Me too Reefer. The public oppinion says that their upcoming bust is Qui-Gon Jinn. I cant wait to see the full picture though. Our collections defiantly need some Phantom Menace characters. I'd be supprised if it wasnt.

Sith Lord 0498
01-19-2006, 12:18 PM
Me too Reefer. The public oppinion says that their upcoming bust is Qui-Gon Jinn. I cant wait to see the full picture though. Our collections defiantly need some Phantom Menace characters. I'd be supprised if it wasnt.

I just hope the next bust after Qui-Gon is Darth Maul--the last Sith Lord I'll need (after Sidious is released though of course).

Darth Instigator
01-31-2006, 05:22 PM
I ordered a darth Maul finally and got it for $110 with shipping. Can't wait to get it

Jayspawn
01-31-2006, 11:32 PM
Skiff Guard Lando should be out in the next month. I'm gettin more excited about the Darth Maul and Luke on Tauntaun Statues. I'm trying to hold out the excitement till at least Lando comes out.

Saruman
02-01-2006, 05:14 AM
Hey Mikecp421, Where did you get that Maul staute for that price? Where on Long Isl;and are you? I am local to you.

Jayspawn
02-01-2006, 09:38 AM
I'm gonna assume these images are legit, but here's some pics of upcoming ROTS Clone Trooper Minibusts....

http://www.universmarvel.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=780

I think they look great! it seems we might be getting interchangable arms like the AOTC Clones.

mm74md
02-01-2006, 11:05 AM
Oh my goodness! I hope this thing is real. Found this on Rebel Scum

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/8555/quigonjinnminibust1kx.jpg

Jayspawn
02-01-2006, 11:14 AM
Its for real alright!

Darth Instigator
02-01-2006, 12:10 PM
I got it off Ebay from a seemingly reputable seller who is within reasonable driving distance if I needed to go there. :bandit:

click here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6599531049&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1)

Hellboy
02-01-2006, 03:40 PM
I'm gonna assume these images are legit, but here's some pics of upcoming ROTS Clone Trooper Minibusts....

OMG!!! :shocked:

I sooooo hope that is real, I really want some mini-busts of the ROTS Clones. Hopefully they do like you said Jayspawn and give them interchangable arms like the AOTC Troopers, the pointing arm in that pic looks quite familiar so I'd wager the chances are good. :pleased: Lets hope they give us a few Commanders too if GG does decide to produce multiple Clones.

Turbowars
02-01-2006, 07:41 PM
Have a very bad feeling about this years SDCC GG exclusive. I think it's going to be Gree and most of us are going to be screwed. I go to CC, but I never can get a winning raffle ticket. Probably would be cheaper to just get one off E-bay.:hurt:

Jayspawn
02-02-2006, 09:03 AM
Another rumor I heard is that the Red Shocktrooper Clone will be the SDCC Exclusive. I hope thats not true either.

jedi master sal
02-02-2006, 11:52 AM
Ah cripes, I hope not on either Gree or the Shocktrooper! WHy the heck they'd do that for troopers when they KNOW we all love to collect them I don't know.

To me it makes more sense to have an exclusive on a somewhat popular character instead of popular ones.

As much as this might sound crazy, it they made a Jar Jar bust as an exclusive, he'd sell. One he would be an exclusive, two he'd be a short run, three those absolutely opposed to Jar Jar wouldn't be interested, thereby giving the most people with vested interest in getting this piece a chace to get him.

Okay, so maybe Jar Jar is an extreme, but some character of middle popularity. Someone with enough popularity to make people want to buy it, but not so much that not eveyone who wants one, doesn't get one.

Just PLEASE don't do this to troopers!!!

dr_evazan22
02-02-2006, 03:26 PM
Its too bad that doing the troopers is more cost affective for them, just slap on a new paint app. I'd really hate for it to be... well... I hate the thought of any exclusives that I can't be there to get. lol

Jayspawn
02-02-2006, 05:40 PM
A neat SDCC Exclusive would be another Qui-Gon but in Tatooine Poncho. Just a varient since they are already planning one anyways. People could still get the regular one and not fret about it, I bet the 2nd market price wouldnt be too high, and it would still be a unique exclusive.

Ohhh, I hope GG reads this.

Hellboy
02-02-2006, 06:03 PM
Sal and Jayspawn those are both great ideas and I totally agree something more along those lines would be much better than a Clone Trooper Exclusive that EVERYONE is going to want.

Turbowars
02-02-2006, 07:22 PM
Another rumor I heard is that the Red Shocktrooper Clone will be the SDCC Exclusive. I hope thats not true either.You know I think a Shocktrrooper makes more sense over Gree, because Gree would require a different mold or add on parts. The Shock would just be a repaint. God I hope the exclusive something lame like last years 1000 Han.

Jayspawn
02-21-2006, 03:06 PM
SWS.com put the Blue and White Clonetrooper and Qui-Gon Minibusts AND Bounty Hunter Bust-Ups set up for preorder.

BlueSnags
02-21-2006, 04:29 PM
SWS.com put the Blue and White Clonetrooper and Qui-Gon Minibusts AND Bounty Hunter Bust-Ups set up for preorder.

The Orange bust was up there too for about an hour earlier today. Of course, that was the window that I had to go to lunch with my boss and I missed it.:cry:

Darth Instigator
02-21-2006, 06:39 PM
Darth Maul should be getting sent out soon! can't wait

Jayspawn
02-21-2006, 09:35 PM
yeah I'm getting excited too! The Lando Bust will be 1st -but he's not shown up anywhere in stock yet.

Jayspawn
02-23-2006, 12:26 AM
Man, trying to get a case of Clonetrooper Minibusts on preorder is a chore! I keep striking out!

ds6161
02-23-2006, 12:33 AM
try AlterEgoComics.com .. I ordered the 501 2/22...
BigBadToyStore.com has them listed 2/23

Jayspawn
02-23-2006, 05:34 PM
I tried BBTS.com but they were SOLD OUT! It didnt take long...

BUT!

I tired again today and they were back up! So I got orders in for 2 sets of 3. That way I get 2 of each color Clone.

nash
02-24-2006, 06:54 AM
some guy over at RS forums bought almost ALL of the blue and orange clone mini busts that were put up on SWS.com the other day. He ended up with something like 52 blue clones and 8 orange clones all for retail price $49 or whatever!!! not many people were too thrilled about it.

I just ordered 1 case from Nsidecollectibles for $250 and the 3 pack clone busts from BBTS for $165. looks like I'll have a few clones to dish out.

ds6161
02-24-2006, 12:38 PM
Yea I don't buy from SWS.com anymore....
letting scalpers hog stuff & must stuff they sale has a huge mark up...

Jayspawn
02-24-2006, 03:39 PM
SWS.com is good but its a Scalper's dream come true for that exact reason.

I remember when I worked for the Fan Club we had a limit on how much anyone person/household/credit card could buy -so we never had that problem.

BlueSnags
02-24-2006, 03:49 PM
SWS.com is good but its a Scalper's dream come true for that exact reason.

I remember when I worked for the Fan Club we had a limit on how much anyone person/household/credit card could buy -so we never had that problem.

For those orange clones to have sold out that fast, the scalpers/hoarders must've been buying them by the truckload. SWS.com sucks. They didn't even attempt to limit them.

I got in one order for the 3-pack in with MostWantedCollectibles.com and one 3-pack order with my local comic book store. Doesn't look like EE is selling them individually (or even by the set), only by the case.:cry:

dr_evazan22
02-24-2006, 10:08 PM
Do you know what the case breakdown is? 3 white, 2 501st, 1 utapau =6 ?

Turbowars
02-24-2006, 10:23 PM
Do you know what the case breakdown is? 3 white, 2 501st, 1 utapau =6 ?You would be correct.

nash
02-25-2006, 05:34 AM
yeah buying a case isnt too bad if youre looking to get all 3 colors for yourself. then you could just sell off the 2 whites and 1 blue for maybe $80-$95 together. If you get a case for $250 thats leaves you with a $155 balance which is about the going rate for a 3 pack. you can come up just about even and secure yourself each color.

The 3 packs on BBTS are getting expensive tho...theyre now at $175

BlueSnags
02-25-2006, 11:07 AM
Alright, I'm off to that wretched hive of scum and villainy known as Frank and Sons (a.k.a. Frank and Scalpers) for the first time in 5 years, looking for some good deals on some GG stuff. Hopefully some old scalper is down and his luck and having a "going out of business" sale on some old busts/statues. Hey, I can dream can't I?:laugh:

Anyway, I'll report back here later today with any good finds.

theropod
03-07-2006, 02:14 AM
I think we'll be seeing some crazy eBay prices for orange and blue E3 trooper busts, but in the same respect I think you'll be able to get a white clone for hardly anything.
-theropod

nash
03-07-2006, 02:21 AM
I dont know about that. Im sure the edition size will be huge for all three colors.

Either way I got 3 of each on order. I think they all look so bad@ss, the white one is cool too holding two guns.

Jayspawn
03-08-2006, 12:26 PM
The Skiff Lando Bust and the Darth Maul Statue are IN STOCK at Toynk.com!

Reefer Shark
03-08-2006, 07:03 PM
Yup! I just picked up a Lando bust from my local comic shop, and it looks great (of course). They tell me that Maul will be showing up in another week or two...

jedi master sal
03-09-2006, 02:20 PM
Yup! I just picked up a Lando bust from my local comic shop, and it looks great (of course). They tell me that Maul will be showing up in another week or two...

Pics please! I hope it looks as good as I think it does from the pics on-line.

Just by chance is the helmet removable? (I don't think so, but it would cool if so.)

I've got my Lando/Skiff bust on pre-order. Can't wait to get it.

Jayspawn
03-09-2006, 03:21 PM
I went into my closest comic shop today to see if they offered GG products or see if it was possible to order through them. Now, they have a reputation for being chumps so I dont like to go in their shop. But I was given a big fat NO today.

theropod
03-09-2006, 04:26 PM
Jayspawn,
Have you ever been to ePlanet Toys in Centennial, CO? I've heard they have a big selection of new and old SW products but I've never gotten down there.
-theropod

Jayspawn
03-09-2006, 04:52 PM
Yeah they have a nice store too! I havnt been by there in a while. A buddy and I are talking about going up these this next week.

Turbowars
03-09-2006, 07:09 PM
Pics please! I hope it looks as good as I think it does from the pics on-line.

Just by chance is the helmet removable? (I don't think so, but it would cool if so.)

I've got my Lando/Skiff bust on pre-order. Can't wait to get it.Just picked mine up from the same place Reefer did. Love the discount! Thanks Reefer!

The Helmet is not removable. Looks very nice, I mean come on we are talking about GG here. It shouldn't even be a question.:thumbsup:

stillakid
03-10-2006, 02:56 AM
On this, the 586th post, I move that somebody finally fix the spelling and make this the Official Gentle Giant THREAD. :whip:

dr_evazan22
03-10-2006, 09:08 AM
Maybe we can get Dar'Argol. He can change it to "the Official Gentle Giant THEED".

Jayspawn
03-10-2006, 01:21 PM
Its da official tread!

BlueSnags
03-11-2006, 04:07 PM
Alright, I'm off to that wretched hive of scum and villainy known as Frank and Sons (a.k.a. Frank and Scalpers) for the first time in 5 years, looking for some good deals on some GG stuff. Hopefully some old scalper is down and his luck and having a "going out of business" sale on some old busts/statues. Hey, I can dream can't I?:laugh:

Anyway, I'll report back here later today with any good finds.

Forgot to follow up on this post from a few weeks ago. Ended up getting an IG-88 bust for $35 and a Greedo bust for $40. Pretty good deals. I saw some really bad deals as well (Han Stormtrooper Bust for $180, Luke Stormtrooper Bust for $165, Saga Scorch for $30, Unleashed Han Solo loose for $60). Now I won't have to go back there for another 5 years.

In other GG news, broke down and bought the GG Sandtrooper on Dewback statue today. It is huge and heavy. But it is cool. Anyone out there collecting the GG statues?

Jayspawn
03-11-2006, 09:42 PM
Oh yes. The Statues are awesome. I have Vader, C-3PO and Chewbacca. Darth Maul is on the way. Cant wait to get the Tauntaun and Luke Statue.

bobafrett
03-11-2006, 11:01 PM
Forgot to follow up on this post from a few weeks ago. Ended up getting an IG-88 bust for $35 and a Greedo bust for $40. Pretty good deals. I saw some really bad deals as well (Han Stormtrooper Bust for $180, Luke Stormtrooper Bust for $165, Saga Scorch for $30, Unleashed Han Solo loose for $60). Now I won't have to go back there for another 5 years.

In other GG news, broke down and bought the GG Sandtrooper on Dewback statue today. It is huge and heavy. But it is cool. Anyone out there collecting the GG statues?

Good finds there Blue! I picked up the Han in armor bust for around $100 on eBay a year or so ago.

I have the Vader GG Sculpture, but don't have it displayed anywhere due to having no space to display it safely. The glass (Ikea) cabinet that I display the rest of my collection in, is several inches to short even along the bottom.

Jayspawn
03-16-2006, 06:01 PM
Gentle Giant sent out a new newsletter. Just a few things to report...

Animated Boba Fett Maquette -September
General Grevious Minibust -October

And from the BLOG....

Bust-Ups are getting NEW packaging and will jump $1 in price (bummer). However the boxes will double as a keepable storage box.

Turbowars
03-16-2006, 06:13 PM
Gentle Giant sent out a new newsletter. Just a few things to report...

Animated Boba Fett Maquette -September
General Grevious Minibust -October

And from the BLOG....

Bust-Ups are getting NEW packaging and will jump $1 in price (bummer). However the boxes will double as a keepable storage box.What a joke.

GG
Hey guys let make something to along with the bust-ups so we can up the cost. Hey how about a useless plastic box? Hey that's a great idea. That way the collectors wont mind paying more.:upset:

plasticfetish
03-16-2006, 06:49 PM
Oh that does suck. Why do we want to hear that from the Blog anyway? Hah! You think it would be, "Hey, great news... Bust-ups are going down a buck!" Not, "Oh, those little plastic statues that cost us 50 cents to make will be going up in price. Yippie!!!" :confused:

Turbowars
03-16-2006, 06:54 PM
Yeah and at the rate they are going up they are almost the same cost as Hasbro's basic's and to tell you the truth there are only a few Bust ups that are better than Hasbro's. I really should stop collecting them.:(

BlueSnags
03-16-2006, 06:57 PM
Yeah and at the rate they are going up they are almost the same cost as Hasbro's basic's and to tell you the truth there are only a few Bust ups that are better than Hasbro's. I really should stop collecting them.:(

Yeah, but with the Shocktrooper Bust-Up and the Episode II Clones coming up...you won't. :laugh:

Turbowars
03-16-2006, 07:02 PM
Yeah, but with the Shocktrooper Bust-Up and the Episode II Clones coming up...you won't. :laugh:Yeah and you know why? Because I'm a FN Idiot. Now don't agree with me here, I'm liable to go postal of you. But enjoy it while you can, because I wont say that about myself very often.:yes: Snags you kind of fit in the same category though.:thumbsup:

BlueSnags
03-16-2006, 07:18 PM
Yeah and you know why? Because I'm a FN Idiot. Now don't agree with me here, I'm liable to go postal of you. But enjoy it while you can, because I wont say that about myself very often.:yes: Snags you kind of fit in the same category though.:thumbsup:

Hey, just because it's true doesn't mean you have to say it.:cry:

Turbowars
03-16-2006, 07:22 PM
Hey, just because it's true doesn't mean you have to say it.:cry:didn't mean you hurt your feeling and every other SW geek out there.:D

BlueSnags
03-16-2006, 07:30 PM
Did anyone pre-order the Animated Boba Fett maquette yet? Saw it was up for preorder on some of the smaller sites. Just waiting for it to go up on EE.

EDIT...Aha, the waiting is over. Just pre-ordered one (and the GENERAL GRIEVOUS bust):

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=GE8405

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=GE7554

Sweet!!!

mrcrowlley
03-17-2006, 01:17 PM
I picked mine up from Fireside they have it for $63.00 with shipping it was just over $70. Anyone ever dealt with them before? This is my first transaction with them and was wondering if they are any good.

I see that they have a Maul saber banner on the top of the forum so I hope they are good folks.

Hellboy
03-17-2006, 01:25 PM
I bought my Sideshow Wolverine VS. Sabretooth statue from Fireside and would give them my recommendation. :yes:

mrcrowlley
03-17-2006, 01:29 PM
How are they with shipping fast slow or just ehh.

Hellboy
03-17-2006, 01:44 PM
How are they with shipping fast slow or just ehh.

They shipped my item fast and it was well packed too so you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

BlueSnags
03-17-2006, 01:49 PM
If anyone sees any good deals on the International Version Darth Maul Statue (under $200), please post 'em here. Been trying to find a reasonable deal on this piece.

EDIT: SCRATCH THAT - They are up on Gentle Giant's site now!!! Just ordered one - hurry if you want one, they will go fast once word gets out.

Jayspawn
03-17-2006, 02:09 PM
I have the standard Maul Statue on the way now. Got it on Ebay for $130 shipped. Cant beat that.

BlueSnags
03-17-2006, 02:17 PM
I have the standard Maul Statue on the way now. Got it on Ebay for $130 shipped. Cant beat that.

That is a great deal. I've been holding off on the regular version, waiting for the International one. If I see a deal like that, I may grab the US version, though...

BlueSnags
03-17-2006, 03:35 PM
The International Mauls are sold out already. I think they only lasted an hour. Crazy.

EDIT: Just got a shipping notification from GG...looks like these are shipping out tonight! SWEET!!!

Jaster
03-18-2006, 11:32 AM
I preordered both Boba and Greivous from Northside collectibels. Rick runs a great store over there

mrcrowlley
03-22-2006, 09:01 PM
I preordered both Boba and Greivous from Northside collectibels. Rick runs a great store over there

Is that the same store as fireside since I just checked them out and the store looks pretty much like a clone the policies are even word for word.

Darth Instigator
03-23-2006, 12:30 PM
I just got my Darth Maul from Rick at Northside after getting screwed over on Ebay, found him in a google search and I have to say that the turnaround was fast and the packaging was great. What a good seller, I was hesitant after getting screwed like I did. I dont know if he is a member here but I recommend him to everyone. I will always go back.

Also the Darth Maul is AWESOME. It is my first statue and I am so impressed with it!

Jayspawn
03-23-2006, 07:45 PM
My Darth Maul Statue arrived yesterday! And I got my Skiff Lando bust a few days ago. Very impressed with both.

BlueSnags
03-23-2006, 09:05 PM
It's been a crazy month for Gentle Giant stuff. The Luke on Tauntaun statue is supposed to hit next week, there goes another $140 :cross-eye ...

Hellboy
03-24-2006, 02:31 AM
It's been a crazy month for Gentle Giant stuff. The Luke on Tauntaun statue is supposed to hit next week, there goes another $140 :cross-eye ...

Ugh . . . thats right, I forgot to factor that one into my budget darnit. I might have to wait a bit since the Sideshow PF Obi-Wan is lookin' to put the big hurt on my wallet in the next few days.

Jayspawn
03-24-2006, 10:26 AM
I hear that Hellboy. My credit card is going on a rollercoaster ride this year.

Just a heads up for everybody else....

Luke on Tauntaun Statue..this next week!
Emperor Palpatine Minibust APRIL
Boba Fett Statue MAY
Bust-Ups Series 6 Cantina wave MAY

mrcrowlley
03-24-2006, 12:00 PM
I just got my Darth Maul from Rick at Northside after getting screwed over on Ebay, found him in a google search and I have to say that the turnaround was fast and the packaging was great. What a good seller, I was hesitant after getting screwed like I did. I dont know if he is a member here but I recommend him to everyone. I will always go back.

Also the Darth Maul is AWESOME. It is my first statue and I am so impressed with it!

Whats the id of the person who screwed you. I think ebayers like this should be know so we can all avoid them.

Darth Instigator
03-25-2006, 01:03 AM
here you go thats him----> baystatecomics (http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=baystatecomics). Now for the quick story, I paid on Feb 2 2006, On March 18th I emailed him to ask the status of the delivery, received no response, emailed again, and not in any type of threatening manner. Just politely asking. Got no response. SO I did an ebay dispute and said just want to find out when I should expect to receive the item. He responded by refunding my money, I said I did not want the money I wanted the item. He told me off. I negatived him and he retaliated by lying saying I took forever to pay, I can screenshot all records if anyone needs to see it to believe it. I then took that money and $30 more and bought it from Northside and got it in 3 days. Best extra $30 I ever spent.

mrcrowlley
03-25-2006, 12:22 PM
I really wish ebay would have a function that allowed you to see all negative feedback without sorting threw pages and pages.

Reefer Shark
03-25-2006, 01:53 PM
here you go thats him----> baystatecomics (http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=baystatecomics). Now for the quick story, I paid on Feb 2 2006, On March 18th I emailed him to ask the status of the delivery, received no response, emailed again, and not in any type of threatening manner. Just politely asking. Got no response. SO I did an ebay dispute and said just want to find out when I should expect to receive the item. He responded by refunding my money, I said I did not want the money I wanted the item. He told me off. I negatived him and he retaliated by lying saying I took forever to pay, I can screenshot all records if anyone needs to see it to believe it. I then took that money and $30 more and bought it from Northside and got it in 3 days. Best extra $30 I ever spent.

No kidding????? I'm having some issues with exact same seller.... I won't go into detail yet 'cause the deals not really done though...

Darth Instigator
03-25-2006, 07:56 PM
dont dare ask for the status of your order, I mean its not like I called on the first hour of the 30th day, I gave him like 40-45 days or more. and honestly IMO if a seller doesn't give you feedback immediately after your purchase then there is a problem cause they are holding that feedback for retaliation. I pay imediately I get feedback, you send you get yours.

mm74md
06-08-2006, 09:23 AM
Collector's Club Members need to check their email for an unique URL to order the Black Hole Stormie bust tomorrow. This should speed up the order process!

BlueSnags
06-08-2006, 12:00 PM
Tomorrow's gonna be a clusterf--k. Gentle Giant has the crappiest server in the world.

Don't know what they were thinking putting up advance notice knowing there'll be thousands of people on there at once. Dumbasses!!!!

mm74md
06-08-2006, 12:50 PM
Tomorrow's gonna be a clusterf--k. Gentle Giant has the crappiest server in the world.

Don't know what they were thinking putting up advance notice knowing there'll be thousands of people on there at once. Dumbasses!!!!

No there won't. If you are a member of the collectors club, you have been sent a unique ordering URL for the blackhole stormie. The link will only allow you to order 1 per day.

BlueSnags
06-08-2006, 01:01 PM
No there won't. If you are a member of the collectors club, you have been sent a unique ordering URL for the blackhole stormie. The link will only allow you to order 1 per day.

So you think everything will go smoothly tomorrow? I hope you're right, bro. Based on prior experiences (Han Stormtrooper bust, C3 Sandtrooper) with the Collectors Club, the site crashed both times and there weren't half as many people wanting them as there are wanting the BHS. Plus, you've got to take into account all the scalper sites like Brians Toys that will have 30 different guys on there at once, ordering with different accounts. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

swabie2424
06-08-2006, 10:23 PM
Snags is 100% right. This is gonna be a mess. An epic disaster. There are gonna be thousands - yes thousands - of people all trying to log onto Gentle Giant at once. The server's gonna be like a woman trying to give birth to a dump truck. It'll be as dead as al-zarqawi in about 10 seconds flat!

Have we all forgotten the Han Solo server crash party already? Man, that was a HUUUUUUGE disaster. It took them days to sell out because the site/server were down for so long.

Best of all luck to all!

Turbowars
06-09-2006, 12:35 AM
Some fool just bought one for 250 on e-bay. THIS GUY MUST BE LOADED. ;) ;) Swabie. To tell you the truth I would had jumped on as well. Maybe after the rest are released the price will come down even lower. I'm hoping for a around 100-150. Then the same guy bought a SS Luke for 195! Like I said this guy is loaded. :p

mm74md
06-09-2006, 09:49 AM
Well, everyone has an opinion. I just think this is better by having a unique url for each collector club member rather than 1 link for all users. We'll just have to wait for 1 1/2 hours.

Turbowars
06-09-2006, 05:25 PM
Well, everyone has an opinion. I just think this is better by having a unique url for each collector club member rather than 1 link for all users. We'll just have to wait for 1 1/2 hours.I don't understand what you are talking about. Everyone got the same URL as everyone else.

BTW I got me a Blackhole Stormy for the low low price of $55! :love: I'm loving GG right now!

Saruman
06-09-2006, 05:58 PM
F that damn site! I could not get mine! Was on at 12 and got locked out. Anyone able to score one for me??

swabie2424
06-10-2006, 04:14 PM
Some fool just bought one for 250 on e-bay. THIS GUY MUST BE LOADED. ;) ;) Swabie. To tell you the truth I would had jumped on as well. Maybe after the rest are released the price will come down even lower. I'm hoping for a around 100-150. Then the same guy bought a SS Luke for 195! Like I said this guy is loaded. :p

:lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

BlueSnags
06-10-2006, 05:50 PM
:lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed: :lipsrsealed:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:bandit: :bandit: :bandit: :bandit: :bandit: :bandit: :bandit: :bandit: :bandit: :thumbsup:

BlueSnags
06-16-2006, 06:58 PM
Wonder when these Blackhole busts are gonna ship. Gentle Giant sure is taking its sweet time...

Reefer Shark
06-16-2006, 08:40 PM
I don't think the blackhole stormy is going to hit very many people. All of my "buddies" at work that ordered one got a notification saying that GG oversold, and these guys aren't getting their busts.

GG offered them all first dibs on the con exclusives (apparently they'll send them out to these people), and one free bust that is in stock or not out yet. If they pick one that's not out yet, they'll get an artist proof.

So they get their money back, a free bust (possible artist proof), and first dibs on Shocktrooper or Mara Jade. It sucks that GG oversold, but that's one hell of an apology!

BlueSnags
06-16-2006, 08:47 PM
I don't think the blackhole stormy is going to hit very many people. All of my "buddies" at work that ordered one got a notification saying that GG oversold, and these guys aren't getting their busts.

GG offered them all first dibs on the con exclusives (apparently they'll send them out to these people), and one free bust that is in stock or not out yet. If they pick one that's not out yet, they'll get an artist proof.

So they get their money back, a free bust (possible artist proof), and first dibs on Shocktrooper or Mara Jade. It sucks that GG oversold, but that's one hell of an apology!

Yeah, but what are the chances GG actually delivers on that offer? You think they have some sort of plan put together to get the busts to these people? Hell no!!!

Still, that's good news that those guys got screwed on their BHS busts, Reef. Just like John Lennon once told me, "Instant Karma's gonna get you...":laugh:

Reefer Shark
06-16-2006, 08:51 PM
lol Too true! (on both points)

mm74md
06-17-2006, 09:39 AM
Well, everyone has an opinion. I just think this is better by having a unique url for each collector club member rather than 1 link for all users. We'll just have to wait for 1 1/2 hours.

Well, I was wrong. The order process still sucks *****. I'm glad Sideshow's products are so sweet. I'm getting sick of Gentle Giant.

mm74md
06-17-2006, 09:46 AM
On another topic, I have never seen the Palpatine bust in any of my local shops. Has anyone picked this one up?

Turbowars
06-17-2006, 10:26 AM
On another topic, I have never seen the Palpatine bust in any of my local shops. Has anyone picked this one up?Yep, at my local comic shop. The owner only got 6 or so in.

dr_evazan22
06-17-2006, 11:14 AM
I'm getting sick of Gentle Giant.

Speaking of gentle giants, I like your new avatar!

Does anyone have a complete list of all the busts that have been released? Including exclusives and such? It doesn't look like GG's site lists all of those, just the mass released.

BlueSnags
06-17-2006, 12:03 PM
On another topic, I have never seen the Palpatine bust in any of my local shops. Has anyone picked this one up?

That bust is the sleeper hit of the year. I guess 4500 wasn't enough of good old Palpy to meet demand. I managed to get one at a local comic shop the first day he went on sale. The owner of the shop made sure to tell me that this is gonna be a hot item, because Gentle Giant was completely sold out of them after filling pre-orders.

Reefer Shark
06-17-2006, 01:04 PM
Wow, I had no idea on the Emperor. Just did an ebay search, and there's only a few up there (at pretty high prices).

Such a cool bust too, he's one of the few that I decided not to sell.

BlueSnags
06-19-2006, 08:09 PM
Just ordered 4 sets of AOTC Clone Trooper Bust-Ups from EE. Hopefully I'll be able to procure the variant, which looks like it will be the Green Clone Trooper (see pic):

http://www.rebelscum.com/TF2006/tf06-GGSbustups/image5.asp

Jayspawn
06-20-2006, 11:03 AM
I'm passing on the AOTC Clone Bust-Ups. I'm holding out to eventually pickup all the full-sized ones down the road.

Reefer Shark
06-23-2006, 08:41 PM
So, anyone else get the EE Vader - Anakin Reveal bust? I don't really collect these things anymore, but I figured what the hell, he will go good with the ROTS Vader.

I picked mine up today, and he does go good with ROTS Vader :thumbsup: I was going to take a pic of both together, but my wife left our camera on last night and drained the batteries..:whip:lol

btw: I got 2990/5000

jedi master sal
06-23-2006, 11:53 PM
Mine is on the way. It's sitting somewhere in Ohio right now. I should see it Monday.

BlueSnags
06-25-2006, 01:28 AM
Got the EE Vader the other day - a damn fine bust. Also managed to obtain the Blackhole Trooper bust, thanks to Swabie2424. Good times.

Jayspawn
06-26-2006, 12:51 PM
Congrats on the BHS Bust BlueSnags.

My Vader EE Bust should show up anytime now. Nice picture!

TheLastStormtrooper
06-26-2006, 03:22 PM
New edition sizes annonced
Rancor Statue (http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/catalog/?id=122) - 2000 pieces
Animated Princess Leia Maquette (http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/catalog/?id=121) - 8500 pieces
Mos Eisley Cantina Bookends (http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/catalog/?id=125) - 3500 pieces
Chewbacca mini bust (http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/catalog/?id=120) - 7000 pieces

Jayspawn
07-02-2006, 11:25 PM
My EE Anakin Reveal Minibust arrived yesterday in the mail. Very pleased with it. The detail is excellent as always. I'm gonna leave him in the box as it looks good just as is.

jedi master sal
07-03-2006, 10:04 AM
I got my Anakin Reveal bust. # 300/5000. Nice low and even hundred number.

Saruman
07-03-2006, 10:16 AM
Got mine too and I love it!

TheLastStormtrooper
07-03-2006, 06:19 PM
I also got mine number 0299/5000

Jayspawn
07-06-2006, 11:17 AM
Just a few reminders....

- The Qui-Gon Jinn Minibust is up NEXT! Its scheduled to release July/August.

- The Clone Troopers are coming August/September! For those of you that have cases on order. Get ready for the Credit Card BOOM!

jedi master sal
07-09-2006, 11:23 AM
Just a few reminders....

- The Qui-Gon Jinn Minibust is up NEXT! Its scheduled to release July/August.

- The Clone Troopers are coming August/September! For those of you that have cases on order. Get ready for the Credit Card BOOM!

Qui-gon this early??

Dang, i thought he was a Sept. release. Well looks like I'm going to that much more broke...

-Sal

Reefer Shark
07-13-2006, 12:30 AM
Qui-Gon showed up at my local comic shop today, looked really nice! I didn't get him since I don't collect these anymore, but I thought I would pass the word.

BlueSnags
07-13-2006, 01:30 AM
Qui-Gon showed up at my local comic shop today, looked really nice! I didn't get him since I don't collect these anymore, but I thought I would pass the word.

Right on, Reef! I was at Cat's today, too - picked up a Qui-Gon and it is cool.:thumbsup:

That Sideshow PF Grievous that he has sitting there is awfully tempting. If comic-con wasn't coming up, I might have given in and grabbed it.

jedimaster_eric
07-16-2006, 10:20 AM
I got my QGG yesterday.It is sweet.
Fedex on a Saturday too!

Hellboy
07-26-2006, 08:03 PM
Edition sizes have been set for the following:

Animated Darth Vader Maquette– 7,000
Royal Guard Statue - 3,500
Darth Maul Mini-Bust - 10,000 :eek:

Turbowars
07-26-2006, 10:34 PM
Edition sizes have been set for the following:

Darth Maul Mini-Bust - 10,000 :eek:At least it's not 20 grand like Vader was. I hope GG fixes his gloves, because they are way to glossy.

Jayspawn
08-02-2006, 09:53 AM
Just got GG's latest Email.....

ONLY 500 Mara jade MiniBusts.....OUCH!!!!

I know I'm gonna get screwed on this one!

Hellboy
08-02-2006, 08:57 PM
500 is just the amount that are up for pre-order for those attending the convention. Luckily the edition size is set at 2000 so hopefully they'll be available to Collector's Club members after Gen Con and we'll have a chance at them. I just hope they handle it better than the BHS debacle.

Saruman
08-03-2006, 06:11 AM
You guys sound soooo confident! Sorry I am so jaded about this process set forth by GG. Get screwed every time. Either miss out or get an email that they oversold.

Hellboy
08-03-2006, 06:52 PM
I am so jaded about this process set forth by GG.

No pun intended right? lol

Saruman
08-03-2006, 08:07 PM
Good Catch!

jedi master sal
08-04-2006, 12:51 PM
OMFG, I can't believe it. I FINALLY got my Blackhole Stormtrooper bust.

It had been MIA all this time. According to the tracking info it wa delivered, yet I never saw it. What happened is that it was mistakingly delievered to the Dorm office next door to my work office. The person there kept it there and was going to hold it until classes resume later this month. One of the maintenace ladies saw the name on it and said that it belonged to me (the clean both the dorms and our offices as well). So lo' and behold, here she comes up to my office with this package. I was perplexed to say the least as I'm used to having delivery people bring me packages, not the maintenance people. So she hands it to me and I see that it's from GG. My heart starts fluttering, I open it and BAM, the Blackhole Stormtrooper bust!!!! Whoo-hoo! I thought I was royally screwed on this.

On a side note, the lady who brought it up knew I was a SW fan, so when I opened it (she remained to see what I got), she said that the bust was cool.

YES, I can close that chapter in bad happenings with collecting.

Got number 920.

-Sal

Jayspawn
08-04-2006, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the update Hellboy. It didnt sound right but then I found that info in two seperate places. Must have been the same post. Hopefully we'll actually have a chance to get one.

My Qui-Gon Bust is on the way! I forgot to preorder this one (between ALL the preorderes we have to do). Got it for a good price.

Hellboy
08-04-2006, 07:05 PM
Wow Sal. I think I probably would've had an anxiety attack knowing my BHS had been lost. Especially considering how hard these were to get and their price on the secondary market. Nice to hear you finally received it safe and sound.

Thanks for the update Hellboy.

No problem Jay. I really don't think it will be that hard to get one of these as long as GG gives us advance notice. Now if they pull a stunt like they did with the AOTC Threepio there will be hell to pay. :frus:

dr_evazan22
08-05-2006, 09:48 AM
Since I started a new position at work a few months ago I'm no longer able to order anything during the day. Therefore, I'm trying to get my Mom - yeah! my Mom! to do all the dirty work for me. She's not the savviest internet orderer.

I sent her a link to join the GG collector club, she said it didn't work.

I set her up with step by step instructions to order Bib Fortuna from SS the other week. OMG! I think it went on sale at 1p local time. Finally, around 5 or so she got it right.

I'm trying to get her up to speed for if / when GG puts up Shock Troopers or Mara Jade.

Turbowars
08-05-2006, 10:37 AM
I sometimes think about asking my mom to order something for me if my wife isn't around and I'm at work, but it turns into a huge ordeal. She even uses her computer to buy stuff on e-bay. Kind of think about it, if she did order something for me, she would black mail me to visit her every weekend, If she had her way I'd still be living with them. I do miss her cooking!:love:

ds6161
08-05-2006, 03:12 PM
be VERY careful Turbowars that home cooking get's ya ever time..

at lest it does me!!!!

Hellboy
08-05-2006, 07:24 PM
Its nice to be able to rely on family. I've had to recruit my sister and mom to place the majority of my pre-orders lately since I'm mobile while working and usually don't have access to a computer. I feel pretty lucky that both of them are good with online ordering, especially my sister. If it wasn't for their efforts I wouldn't have my Blackhole Stormtrooper Mini Bust. They've saved me a lot of money in the past 6-9 months so I'm treating them and my brother in-law to dinner and a Pre-Season NFL Football game next Saturday in Seattle. We're all big football fans so it should be fun.

Jayspawn
08-10-2006, 12:06 PM
I finally recieved my Qui-Gon Bust yesterday. Very pleased with the piece. Hes maybe a little pale in skintone -he had a pretty good tan on Tatooine but thats ok.

Reminder The ROTS Clone Trooper Busts are shipping within the next month or so. Get those credit cards ready!

I found the Cantina Bust-Ups at a local comic shop. They only had leftovers (Han and Greedo). I passed cause I was lookin for the Cantina Band Members.

dr_evazan22
09-05-2006, 09:10 PM
I missed out on the Shocktrooper and Mara Jade's that were offered in todays email.

Turbowars
09-05-2006, 09:34 PM
I missed out on the Shocktrooper and Mara Jade's that were offered in todays email.
What e-mail? What a joke, I never got one. :rolleyes:

Hellboy
09-05-2006, 10:21 PM
Congratulations on screwing over your customer base once more GG. This company has a lot to learn when it comes to following through with promises they've made. Not only did the majority of Collectors Club members not receive this notification email but what happened to keeping us informed as ordering time approched. This is a direct quote from GG sent out only a few weeks ago:

An email with more information and purchase guidelines will be sent out as time approaches.

Its bad enough that they under-produce popular items and make them Convention Exclusives but putting them up for order in the middle of a weekday with no notification is just plain unfair. :frus:

Turbowars
09-05-2006, 10:25 PM
They know if they let everyone know in advance their site will crash. I'm serious. That's why they pull this BS. If you really want these busts you are required to jump through flaming rings of fire and give up your children.

Reefer Shark
09-05-2006, 10:34 PM
Man, what a joke. I saw the email earlier today while I was at work, but easily passed on these since I've long since given up on GG. They really can learn a thing or two from Sideshow, that's for sure.

It sucks for those of you that missed out on these, and I'll bet GG really cares about that - yeah right! :rolleyes:

Turbowars
09-05-2006, 10:43 PM
I don't know how you did it John, but to escape GG is almost GODLY!!

So is Medicom easier to handle, even if Luke looks like crap? LOL

Hellboy
09-05-2006, 10:50 PM
They know if they let everyone know in advance their site will crash.

If thats their main area of concern then why even attempt to offer these to Collectors Club members in the first place? On their Blog and in the emails they've sent out recently GG has made it a point to state that these Exclusives would be handled better than past releases. If I wasn't so invested in this line I'd quit supporting GG altogether because their business practices suck. :upset:

You were probably wise to bail when you did Reefer. At the very least it saves you from having to be disappointed each year when convention season rolls around. Sideshow has these idiots beat 100 times over when it comes to customer service and how to treat the people who made them what they are.

BlueSnags
09-05-2006, 11:18 PM
The funny thing was that GG sent out the email with the links and their site STILL didn't work for an hour after that. The site wouldn't let anyone complete the order - it kept giving you a credit card error. Some numbnut on Rebelscum posted the links right in there in the forum as this was going on. So all the lurkers/scalpers had the link and didn't have to wait until they got the email. Finally the site was fixed and EVERYONE started placing orders. The Malfoy was sold out within 2-3 minutes. The Shocktrooper lasted about 10.

I managed to score a Mara, which was fine by me since I already had the other two thanks to SDCC. Definitely another clusterf--k sale by GG...funny thing was, after the Blackhole fiasco, they promised to NEVER sell anything on their site again until it was fixed. Yeah, right, just like they'd NEVER make a 1000 edition size after the San Diego Blue Clone fiasco and they did it again with the Blackhole Trooper at 1000.:rolleyes:

Reefer Shark
09-06-2006, 12:09 AM
I don't know how you did it John, but to escape GG is almost GODLY!!

So is Medicom easier to handle, even if Luke looks like crap? LOL

Man, Medicom is much easier to handle. But that's because they only release a few pieces a year it seems. I haven't had any problems finding them all (some at decent prices too). Hopefully Medi's blackhole trooper isn't going to be an exclusive.

I think Medi Luke looks pretty good! lol Better than Sideshows "duh expression" Luke anyways :lipsrsealed: See the comparison shots in Nashs Medicom thread to see what I mean.

Reefer Shark
09-06-2006, 12:11 AM
Definitely another clusterf--k sale by GG...funny thing was, after the Blackhole fiasco, they promised to NEVER sell anything on their site again until it was fixed. Yeah, right, just like they'd NEVER make a 1000 edition size after the San Diego Blue Clone fiasco and they did it again with the Blackhole Trooper at 1000.:rolleyes:

GG sucks, and this is why. They just don't care. It's just too bad that their stuff looks so damn good!

Turbowars
09-06-2006, 12:12 AM
Man, Medicom is much easier to handle. But that's because they only release a few pieces a year it seems. I haven't had any problems finding them all (some at decent prices too). Hopefully Medi's blackhole trooper isn't going to be an exclusive.

I think Medi Luke looks pretty good! lol Better than Sideshows "duh expression" Luke anyways :lipsrsealed: See the comparison shots in Nashs Medicom thread to see what I mean.
I have seen Medi's Luke and he looks nothing like Mark. SSC does though.

Reefer Shark
09-06-2006, 12:21 AM
I have seen Medi's Luke and he looks nothing like Mark. SSC does though.

I'll agree with ya that Sideshows has a way more acurate MH likeness (even with his lame expression), but the actual figure sucks compared to Medicoms.

Here's the proof: pic1 (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14507&d=1156904408)
and another: pic2 (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14508&d=1156904408)
a few more: pic3 (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14509&d=1156904408) pic4 (http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14510&d=1156904425)

Thankfully likeness isn't an issue with any other SW Medicom figures, making the rest pretty close to perfect :yes:

jedi master sal
09-06-2006, 06:54 AM
Here's at least a partial explanation about the e-mail.

In order to avoid spamming a company must send no more than 3-5% of a specific e-mail per hour. If they go over that, ISP's will pick it up and stop the e-mail from going through.

Now either GG did go over that, which would explain why many of us GG Collector's club members didn't get the e-mail, OR they still haven't finished sending out all of the e-mails, which again would explain it.

Either way it's lam-O with a BIG FAT "O"!

I STILL haven't received the e-mail.

I was lucky to even get the Mara from a buddy who passed me the link. I wanted the Vader Bust-Up but didn't have that link so got screwed there. And even if it's still available, I'm NOT paying $10+ in shipping for just that. Only thing different is the flame base. If I never get this Bst-up I'll live. I'll try on eBay but knowing how bidding can get crazy there, I don't expect to get this.

Anyway, congrats to those who DID get through.

Jayspawn
09-06-2006, 09:52 AM
I havnt recieved ANY email at all! I dont have that much time on the computer this morning so I hope it arrives soon.

That aside, if GG has to send out emails for the exclusives in small numbers, and those small numbers SELL OUT the Exclusives -whats the point in even sending them out?

I was counting on Gentle Giant to screw this up too.

jedi master sal
09-06-2006, 12:38 PM
I havnt recieved ANY email at all! I dont have that much time on the computer this morning so I hope it arrives soon.

That aside, if GG has to send out emails for the exclusives in small numbers, and those small numbers SELL OUT the Exclusives -whats the point in even sending them out?

I was counting on Gentle Giant to screw this up too.

So was I. That's precisely why I told my fiancee about these when SDCC was happening. I knew there would be people selling these on eBay and struck while the iron was hot. Like I said, I'm fine with the fact that I paid basically twice as much as retail. At least I have one. These things are going to go up a bit, in my estimation. Definitely more than the $130 or so that's current on eBay.

Heck when/if GG ever does Gree or Bly, I might get screwed there too. That's one reason I bought the case of ROTS clones. If GG never makes them OR I can't get one because of their screwed up ordering process, then at least I have a couple of extra whites that I'll CAREFULLY custom.

Just wait and see what happens when they decide to do Cody....oh brother is that going to be a clusterF. Only hope there is that they make that one in higher numbers.

Jayspawn
09-07-2006, 11:52 AM
Thats my fear too sal. GG better not sucker-punch us on Gree, Bly, Bacara, Cody or any other clones.

But I'd expect it from them. They already screwed us on Mara Jade, Shock Trooper, AOTC C-3PO, and BH Stormtrooper. Ohhh, the list keeps growing.

Jayspawn
09-07-2006, 08:05 PM
If you all want a GREAT read, head on over to Gentle Giant's Website and read the BLOG about the Summer Exclusives. There is some SERIOUS bashing goin on over there. Its great!

ds6161
09-08-2006, 01:06 PM
just got my 501 clone bust.. was suprised at all the arms & guns..

are the blue orange red & white busts all the same except color markings??

I thought the red one had the big rifle & the orange one had the 2 blaster up pose from online pict...

jedi master sal
09-09-2006, 12:03 PM
just got my 501 clone bust.. was suprised at all the arms & guns..

are the blue orange red & white busts all the same except color markings??

I thought the red one had the big rifle & the orange one had the 2 blaster up pose from online pict...

yes they all are. (but if you got the shocktrooper, then you also got the Bust up of him as well.)

jedi master sal
09-09-2006, 12:09 PM
If you all want a GREAT read, head on over to Gentle Giant's Website and read the BLOG about the Summer Exclusives. There is some SERIOUS bashing goin on over there. Its great!

I read ALL of their posts yesterday. Damn, GG is getting hell for this. I don't blame folks either to a point.

Personally I'd rather there NOT be ANY exclusives at all. The pain in the Arse that it takes to get these whether planning on going to whichever convention, not to mention the expense of that..., or trying to order the leftovers online can all be arduos tasks. Something that just shouldn't be, IMO when it comes to collecting.

Okay, so I hear the argument, "But's that's WHY they are called exclusive, because it IS harder to get them."

True, but damn, does GG have to chose characters that are HIGHLY desired to do as exclusives?? I think not. I suggested that they do a Jar Jar bust as the exclusive. considering how many JJ haters there are out there plus the possibility that scalpers would stay away from this one because they might be afraid to get stuck with it, makes Jar Jar a natural choice.

Undoubtedly, GG would make him a short run. 2500-3500 at most. Then offer the left-overs on the site. Again considering he's NOT popular, the rush might not be so great to get him and those who would desire that bust would have an easier time of getting him.

Just an idea.

VidKidd
09-11-2006, 10:15 PM
I just started colelcting these things from both Sideshow and Gentle Giant.
I was able to get the Shocktrooper at SDCC, (they had alot the entire weekend, they didnt even sale out till sunday.) and i guess i was one of the lucky ones to get a mara when they went up.Shes so freaking great. I love her. sorry to everyone here that wasnt able to get either. I wish i couldve affored to get a couple extra shockys to help fellow members but i wasnt able to wing it.

BlueSnags
09-11-2006, 10:54 PM
Fed Ex just dropped off my Mara bust a few hours ago. It is sweet. Glad I waited for the GG sale and didn't give in and pay the $200 on Ebay early on.:thumbsup:

Jayspawn
09-13-2006, 11:24 AM
Ebay is my only hope unfortunatly, since I cant count on GG for anything.

dr_evazan22
09-15-2006, 10:10 AM
Another area that GG fails, IMO, is that occasionally they make a bust and a bust-up in the same exact pose. WTF! Make an original sculpt. Case in point, the Zuckuss bust that was mentioned in the GG Sept newsletter.

Samuel Windu
09-18-2006, 09:38 AM
Just got the Animated Boba Fett Maquette:razz:

Please check out the pics here (http://www.hk501st.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=163):thumbsup:

Jayspawn
09-19-2006, 10:53 AM
Woah! Glad to know these are shipping! Better check on the status of mine then.

Glad you got yours so soon Samuel Windu.

Jayspawn
09-19-2006, 11:00 AM
BTW, thats a VERY nice Boba Fett Collection there Samuel Windu! I wish I had the space to display my BF stuff. Looks like you met Jeremy Bulloch several times. Great guy isnt he?

Samuel Windu
09-20-2006, 10:56 AM
BTW, thats a VERY nice Boba Fett Collection there Samuel Windu! I wish I had the space to display my BF stuff. Looks like you met Jeremy Bulloch several times. Great guy isnt he?

Thanks,Jayspawn:)

Actually,I never met him before.I wish I have a chance to meet him and get autos from him in person.Of course,take some photos:yes: I know he always invited to conventions many times each year in US & Europe,even in Japan.But not in Hong Kong:( To get his auto,there is only 2 ways - ebay or through the mail.I sent him 2 postcards to sign a few years ago and got them back about 2 months later.Now he did it again.I'm so happy:laugh:

There is no doubt that he is a great & so nice guy.I will send him some more cards to sign again later:D

Jayspawn
09-20-2006, 12:51 PM
I hope you're able to attend Celebration 4 next year in LA. No dought he'll be there.

Samuel Windu
09-21-2006, 11:47 AM
As you wish:bandit:

Jayspawn
10-11-2006, 04:40 PM
The excitement of collecting the Bust-Ups is gone for me. But, the Cantina Band is shipping and I'm kind of a sucker for the Model Nodes. :p

BlueSnags
11-04-2006, 08:31 PM
I saw the Battle Damaged Clone Trooper packs popped back up on SWS.com the other day. Ended up ordering 2 packs.

They showed up today and there was a Commander Gree in there! I ordered one pack months ago from SWS and it also came with a Gree. So I'm 2 for 3 as far as getting a chase Gree in these things. SWS.com rules.:laugh:

dr_evazan22
11-05-2006, 02:36 PM
First, a question.... What's the next bust due for release? Maul? Any idea how soon?

Secondly... One of the recent "Ask Hasbro" questions, I think from another site, was about the holo chess pieces being made into fig's (or beasts). Please, Lord, help us if Hasbro makes them into figs with all of their flimsy plastic. What I'd like to see is GG make them into small statues, about 6" tall. Not likely, especially since they don't have anything else in that size (except the 6" busts). But I'd still like to see it. In the meanwhile I'll content myself searching the skies for flying pigs.

Turbowars
11-05-2006, 05:23 PM
First, a question.... What's the next bust due for release? Maul? Any idea how soon?

Secondly... One of the recent "Ask Hasbro" questions, I think from another site, was about the holo chess pieces being made into fig's (or beasts). Please, Lord, help us if Hasbro makes them into figs with all of their flimsy plastic. What I'd like to see is GG make them into small statues, about 6" tall. Not likely, especially since they don't have anything else in that size (except the 6" busts). But I'd still like to see it. In the meanwhile I'll content myself searching the skies for flying pigs.
Chewy's next, not Maul.

Jayspawn
11-08-2006, 03:51 PM
Chewbacca is up next followed by Maul and Grevoius.

I picked up the Snow Bunny Padme Bust-Up at Hot Topic today. They also had Obi-Wan and Clone Troopers also. I bought Padme because I didnt get the Maquette version when I had the chance on clearence and I still regret it to this day!

BlueSnags
11-08-2006, 07:42 PM

I picked up the Snow Bunny Padme Bust-Up at Hot Topic today. They also had Obi-Wan and Clone Troopers also. I bought Padme because I didnt get the Maquette version when I had the chance on clearence and I still regret it to this day!

Thanks for the tip, Jay! I was able to score a set of these today at HT after reading your post. Did you pick up any clones? I bought three and they were ALL the white ones. NO red or blue.:cry:

Turbowars
11-08-2006, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the tip, Jay! I was able to score a set of these today at HT after reading your post. Did you pick up any clones? I bought three and they were ALL the white ones. NO red or blue.:cry:Was Eric there?

Turbowars
11-08-2006, 07:46 PM

I picked up the Snow Bunny Padme Bust-Up at Hot Topic today. They also had Obi-Wan and Clone Troopers also. I bought Padme because I didnt get the Maquette version when I had the chance on clearence and I still regret it to this day!Why, because it worth a grand?:yes:

BlueSnags
11-08-2006, 09:44 PM
Was Eric there?

Hell no, dude. I asked if Eric was around, and they said he was gone.

Jayspawn
11-08-2006, 10:02 PM
I didnt get any Clone Troopers. I almost got Obi-Wan but I'm getting the statue version in January.

Jayspawn
11-08-2006, 10:35 PM
Why, because it worth a grand?:yes:

Make sure you're sitting down when you read this.

I had at one point an opportunity to get the ARC Trooper, Obi-Wan and Snowbunny Padme Maquettes for $50 each shipped! And that really kills me to say. Probably my BIGGEST collecting regret. But this was before they were so popular not to mention valuable.

Sheep4
11-21-2006, 03:11 AM
Sorry for the intrusion, but I was told once that whenever I sold these, I should post a link on this mssg board.. if you click "see other auctions" you will see other busts... mostly artist proofs...

Just do an ebay search for star wars artist proof bust.. right now Obi-Wan and Dooku are available

I will be adding more soon... thanks

Jayspawn
12-13-2006, 12:37 PM
Looks like my Chewbacca Minibust just got charged! I'm looking forward to this one! Darth Maul and Greivous should be soon too.

BlueSnags
12-13-2006, 12:44 PM
Looks like my Chewbacca Minibust just got charged! I'm looking forward to this one! Darth Maul and Greivous should be soon too.

Where'd you order it from, Jay? I'm hoping Chewie and Maul show up at my local comic store today...:bandit:

Jayspawn
12-13-2006, 12:49 PM
NewForceComics.com has Chewie In Stock right now.

They also (today) just listed a TON of GG items for pre-order and the prices are really low. I always buy my GG items through them because I have a lot of $ and I'm albe to get everything I want.

Jayspawn
12-13-2006, 03:13 PM
Ah HA!! I was finally able to score an AOTC C-3PO bust off Ebay for a decent price. Finally!

BlueSnags
12-13-2006, 04:10 PM
Just picked up the Chewie bust from my local comic store. No sign of Maul bust (or the Animated Vader maquette) yet. Chewie looks great.

Jayspawn
12-13-2006, 09:50 PM
I wish I had a comic store I could buy these from.

BlueSnags
12-15-2006, 05:57 PM
Check it out:

http://www.shopafx.com/stwadecocltr.html

bobafrett
12-16-2006, 05:18 PM
Check it out:

http://www.shopafx.com/stwadecocltr.html

Freaking Awesome!!!!!!!! :love:

Jayspawn
12-17-2006, 10:44 AM
Awesome looking bust! This is the way Exclusives should be handled. A chance so everyone who wants one can get one.

Still, I wasnt looking to spend $65 just yet. But I guess I am now!

Jayspawn
12-24-2006, 10:41 AM
WOOHOO! Finally! I was able to score an AOTC C-3PO Bust off Ebay for a very decent price. I was hoping it would arrive before Christmas but no luck. However, I should have my Chewbacca bust waiting for me under the tree!

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Turbowars
12-24-2006, 11:00 AM
WOOHOO! Finally! I was able to score an AOTC C-3PO Bust off Ebay for a very decent price. I was hoping it would arrive before Christmas but no luck. However, I should have my Chewbacca bust waiting for me under the tree!

Merry Christmas everyone!!!
Very strange. I posted just about the same post you just did about an AOTC 3PO at RS, but I got it Friday. 65 bucks. What did you pay? Hey Jayspawn you might want to check out RS GG threads. There's lots of talk and good people there. Not trying to take the talk away from here, but it's so dead in here, thought you might be missing something. :yes:

Turbowars
12-24-2006, 11:02 AM
Freaking Awesome!!!!!!!! :love:Only 89 left!!

Jayspawn
12-25-2006, 10:52 PM
Very strange. I posted just about the same post you just did about an AOTC 3PO at RS, but I got it Friday. 65 bucks. What did you pay? Hey Jayspawn you might want to check out RS GG threads. There's lots of talk and good people there. Not trying to take the talk away from here, but it's so dead in here, thought you might be missing something. :yes:

I got mine about the same price. If I got it from GG direct I would have paid more. It should arrive anyday now and I'm pretty stoked.

RS has larger traffic yes, but here at least you can be heard. RS's numbers drown out the voices much of the time.

Turbowars
12-25-2006, 11:20 PM
RS has larger traffic yes, but here at least you can be heard. RS's numbers drown out the voices much of the time.
Not really.

Jayspawn
12-27-2006, 12:44 PM
Recieved my AOTC 3PO and got him open this morning. Incredible detail! I think this is one of my favorites. I was dissapointed that we didnt see Padme finish him in the film.

jedi master sal
12-29-2006, 07:34 AM
Only 89 left!!

I'm actually very surprised there are still that many left as of the 24th.

jedi master sal
01-08-2007, 03:06 PM
The Republic Commando maquette appears to be back on sale for the moment.

Some people had to cancel their orders, most likely.

It's pricey at $299, but it's only a very small run of
500. So it's a very rare piece.

Here's the link if your interested or just want to
take a glance:
http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_sku=SWLFLMQRCP&rid=CJADPL00001

-Sal

tagmac
01-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Got my Chewbacca mini-bust in the mail from EE over the weekend. This thing is NIIIICE! The detail is amazing, and the bowcaster looks great! I pre-ordered this months ago (even bought the Han Solo mini-bust to display with it), and the wait was worth it.

Also found a Darth Maul mini-bust at Suncoast this weekend, so I picked that up, too. Gonna leave it at those three though - just can't be spending that kind of money these days on any more of these.

jedi master sal
01-09-2007, 07:39 AM
Got my Chewbacca mini-bust in the mail from EE over the weekend. This thing is NIIIICE! The detail is amazing, and the bowcaster looks great! I pre-ordered this months ago (even bought the Han Solo mini-bust to display with it), and the wait was worth it.

Also found a Darth Maul mini-bust at Suncoast this weekend, so I picked that up, too. Gonna leave it at those three though - just can't be spending that kind of money these days on any more of these.

What's your take on the rubbery hair near the base of the Chewie bust?

I don't like it, but I understand why it's there.

tagmac
01-09-2007, 09:21 AM
It bugged me a little, because as I was taking it out of the package, I kept fearing I would damage the statue. That being said, these weren't "cold cast" statues, so I guess we shouldn't have expected a completely solid figure anyway. The overall quality of the statue more than makes up for this little issue.

figrin bran
01-10-2007, 09:33 PM
behold! Yoda on Kybuck CW Maquette!

jedi master sal
01-11-2007, 12:09 PM
behold! Yoda on Kybuck CW Maquette!

Aw damn! I'm gonna have to get that one.

I hope Hasbro does an action figure one.

Val Da Car
01-11-2007, 09:35 PM
My COmmando set shipped and is in Transit.

But know I don't know I want to open it?

I mean..only 500 plus I need to find the right cabinet to display them anyway.

jedi master sal
01-12-2007, 08:24 AM
My COmmando set shipped and is in Transit.

But know I don't know I want to open it?

I mean..only 500 plus I need to find the right cabinet to display them anyway.

Either way Val, it's a good set. I got two so I could open one. They look great in the package though and are probably best displayed like that, unless you're going to go through the effort of making a kick arse diorama for tham.

Since the packaging is of the Geonosis hive, I think I'll make a dio of the Kashyyyk bridge they had to cross and then blow up (in the game). It'll have a few dead Wookiees and plenty of Super Battle Droids to fill out the dio.

Jayspawn
01-12-2007, 03:47 PM
The Yoda on Kybuck looks cool (and fragile). Except I was hoping for Shaak Ti, Count Dooku or some character we didnt have already. But thats ok.

I passed on the Republic Commando statue once again. Still hasnt grown on me at all.

jedi master sal
01-16-2007, 03:43 PM
Got my Commando Maquette today.

AWESOME!!!

It's hand painted, so it could have been a little better, but still it's a damn great sculpt, the paint isn't that bad, and it's friggin HUGE.

The run isn't 500, but rather 513. Odd...but whatever.

I'm very happy to own this and I think the rest of you who bought it will be too.
-Sal

Val Da Car
01-16-2007, 06:20 PM
Got mine too...

283 of 513....

It was cold outside (like 15 degrees today)

so it will be a while before I open it since I want it to be at Room Temp

Jayspawn
01-16-2007, 08:24 PM
Good day for most of us then. I recieved my Darth Maul and Grievous Minibust today. Havnt opened them yet but so far so good! I'll be adding them to the registery later.

I'm anxious to see what Gentle Giant's Celebration IV Exclusive will be.

jedi master sal
01-16-2007, 11:14 PM
okay, since I don't want to take the time to post pics, here's a bunch of links to pics of my maquette (enjoy):
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/jedi_master_sal/Back_of_box.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/jedi_master_sal/in_the_styrofoam.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/jedi_master_sal/portrait_of_scorch.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/jedi_master_sal/261_of_513.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/jedi_master_sal/Base_Fixer_Sev.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/jedi_master_sal/scorch_peg_hole.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/jedi_master_sal/glue_at_fixers_foot.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/jedi_master_sal/sev_is_locked_in.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/jedi_master_sal/me_and_my_maquette.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/jedi_master_sal/money_shot_straight_on.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/jedi_master_sal/money_shot_partial_above.jpg

Now here's a collage of the different views of each commando (with links to a higher res pic of each view following):
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/jedi_master_sal/ViewsoftheCommandoMaquette.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/jedi_master_sal/IMG_367572dpi.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/jedi_master_sal/IMG_367472dpi.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/jedi_master_sal/IMG_367372dpi.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/jedi_master_sal/IMG_367672dpi.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/jedi_master_sal/IMG_365972dpi.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/jedi_master_sal/IMG_366072dpi.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/jedi_master_sal/IMG_365772dpi.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/jedi_master_sal/IMG_365872dpi.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/jedi_master_sal/IMG_365572dpi.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/jedi_master_sal/IMG_365472dpi.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/jedi_master_sal/IMG_365372dpi.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/jedi_master_sal/IMG_369272dpi.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/jedi_master_sal/IMG_367972dpi.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/jedi_master_sal/IMG_367872dpi.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/jedi_master_sal/IMG_367772dpi.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/jedi_master_sal/IMG_368072dpi.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/jedi_master_sal/IMG_369072dpi.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/jedi_master_sal/IMG_368972dpi.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/jedi_master_sal/IMG_368872dpi.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y160/jedi_master_sal/IMG_369172dpi.jpg

So what do you think? (Again sorry for all the links.)

I LOVE this piece. It's going to be the centerpoint of my collection for quite some time.
-Sal

Val Da Car
01-16-2007, 11:42 PM
JMS,

I agree with you but now comes the next step for me......upgrading storage this weekend to display my new Rep Squad

VDC

BlueSnags
01-17-2007, 02:47 PM
My Commando maquette (#89/513) showed up here last Friday and I think it's really cool.

figrin bran
01-18-2007, 09:39 PM
check out the new boxed CW bust ups set!!!!!

i've been waiting and waiting for ANYthing of Saesee Tinn in armor. i'll even buy two of these sets and attach a lower torso to Tinn to make a custom 3.75" figure.

Jayspawn
01-19-2007, 11:12 AM
Thats an awesome set! I'll probably get the Tiin since they probably wont do a Maquette.

BlueSnags
01-19-2007, 12:23 PM
I'll be getting that Bust-Up set for sure. Hopefully there are NO variants this time around...

Val Da Car
01-21-2007, 07:55 PM
check out the new boxed CW bust ups set!!!!!

i've been waiting and waiting for ANYthing of Saesee Tinn in armor. i'll even buy two of these sets and attach a lower torso to Tinn to make a custom 3.75" figure.

Oh, I am in for this set....btw I am going to check the CW Yoda with the new Ilum setup with Padme.