PDA

View Full Version : The Official Gentle Giant Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Jayspawn
01-26-2007, 12:05 PM
Wow! Looks like GG is also dishing Jabba the Hutt and Max Rebo Band Statues!

While the Jabba Statue isnt final (for those places online who have the picture), it looks like the Rebo Band is! I'll probably pick that one up.

QLD
02-01-2007, 02:41 PM
I just started buying some of the Gentle Giant statues. Today I bought the Boba Fett statue, and the Yoda bust. I also have the Han Tauntaun on order, as well as Slave Leia. Currently I am bidding on a Vader statue. I have just tired of the 3" figures, and really wish I had devoted more time/money to nicer items, like GG does.

JON9000
02-02-2007, 05:39 AM
I just started buying some of the Gentle Giant statues. Today I bought the Boba Fett statue, and the Yoda bust. I also have the Han Tauntaun on order, as well as Slave Leia. Currently I am bidding on a Vader statue. I have just tired of the 3" figures, and really wish I had devoted more time/money to nicer items, like GG does.

not many people can afford the really nice stuff. I have the Leia sidesow 1:4 statue, and I'm getting the GG slave statue, but I wish I could get more premium items, like the Medicom RAH stuff.

It isn't all bad. the release prices on these items are usually higher than what they go for on the secondary market. Also, with the rate of improvement over the last 5 years in statues, all I can say is that I am glad I did not shell out $500 for an Attakus statue that bites in comparison to what is available today.

QLD
02-02-2007, 07:30 AM
Yeah, it's odd that you can get most of the statues for what retailers pay cost for them. Ebay is always full of idiots who don't understand how business works.

QLD
02-09-2007, 07:51 PM
I got my Vader and C-3PO statues in the mail today. I LOVE THEM! But I need to get a new cabinet or a curio cabinet soon. Already out of room.

jedi master sal
02-10-2007, 10:05 AM
Darth Malak from KOTOR is the CIV exclusive. It looks good, but I won't be in a panic to get it. Really I don't think I need KOTOR busts. Just action figures. Now if GG makes Bust-Ups of KOTOR characters, great.

This is actually a good thing that GG decided to have this one as an exclusive. Sure because it's an exclusive AND at CIV no less it will sell out. I highly doubt it would (at retail or online) otherwise unless GG vastly decreased the run.

So that's one exclusive down I'm most likely not going to get, and thankfully not worry about.

I'm not going to panic over any variation mini blaster from MR either....should they do that...

So it seems like just the action figure. Hmmm, anyone here any rumors as to what it is? I think I recall seeing/reading that is was to be a two-pack McQuarrie R2/3PO.

QLD
02-10-2007, 08:09 PM
Hmmmglad that is the exclusive as well. Now I don't feel inclined to get it.

figrin bran
02-10-2007, 09:50 PM
i love KOTOR but i don't know if i'd shell out the bucks for a Malak bust especially since i don't own any of their busts (maquettes, that's a whole different story)

BlueSnags
02-11-2007, 01:42 AM
Looks like all 5 Clone Commander busts will be exclusives as well. Along with two maquettes and a bust-up two pack.

Val Da Car
02-11-2007, 12:26 PM
Looks like all 5 Clone Commander busts will be exclusives as well. Along with two maquettes and a bust-up two pack.

But it sounds like at the end of the year there will be a set of all Exclusive 5 bust ups made in a set of 500 pcs available at the website.

Sounds like a frenzy for that...but I'm in

BlueSnags
02-11-2007, 02:06 PM
But it sounds like at the end of the year there will be a set of all Exclusive 5 bust ups made in a set of 500 pcs available at the website.

Sounds like a frenzy for that...but I'm in

Most likely that will be a raffle. So you'll have to pay $50 to join the GG Premier Guild and then you'll be taking your chances. Even if it isn't a raffle, 500 Blackhole Stormtroopers sold thru GG's site sold out in 2 min last June, so the chances of actually getting them that way will be somewhat slim.:cry:

In reality, these are really "Ebay Exclusives," because no one is going to go on GG's "World Tour" with them to buy all these clones.

Val Da Car
02-11-2007, 06:07 PM
Most likely that will be a raffle. So you'll have to pay $50 to join the GG Premier Guild and then you'll be taking your chances. Even if it isn't a raffle, 500 Blackhole Stormtroopers sold thru GG's site sold out in 2 min last June, so the chances of actually getting them that way will be somewhat slim.:cry:

In reality, these are really "Ebay Exclusives," because no one is going to go on GG's "World Tour" with them to buy all these clones.

True...hmmm
Airfare to Toyko $3000
Hotel $200 / night
Convention ticket $90
Getting to the front of the line and they are sold out.

Priceless

Jayspawn
02-12-2007, 11:03 AM
The Clone Commanders are gonna be a pain in the *** to track down.

I may be able to pick up Commander Gree Bust as I am going to Celebration IV. But the others are gonna suck!

Here's the breakdown of which show they're all gonna be at....

#1 -- Star Wars Celebration IV (Los Angeles, CA): Commander Gree
#2 -- Gentle Giant @ Blister (Tokyo, Japan): Commander Neyo
#3 -- Gentle Giant @ Forbidden Planet (London, England): Commander Bly
#4 -- San Diego Comic-Con (San Diego, CA): Commander Cody
#5 -- Special fifth location to be announced!: Commander Baraca

abell748
02-18-2007, 07:14 AM
I'm mad that the Gree is at CIV. Unlike SDCC where the Cody I want will be, I will be at CIV! Although great, now I have 2 busts to pick up at CIV. I might have my wife pick up a Gree and try to trade it for a Cody later. I feel a disturbance in my pocketbook...:D

Jayspawn
02-18-2007, 07:44 PM
Mine too. In all, its gonna be a pain in the --- to track and be able to even purchase all 5 of them.

Jayspawn
03-20-2007, 11:08 AM
GG has set some edition sizes for upcoming product...

Jabba the Hutt statue - 2500
Jabba's Palace Band statue - 2500
Dengar mini bust - 4000
Clone Wars Yoda on Kybuck Maquette - 3500

Pretty fair I'd say. I'm still on the fence about the Jabba Statue but I'm pretty sure I'll get the Band. The Dengar bust is a given.

mm74md
03-24-2007, 08:14 AM
Just got my Luke Jedi bust from AFX. I just love Gentle Giant. They keep getting better & better. I highly recommend this one

Jayspawn
03-25-2007, 10:38 AM
Mine should be arriving this week sometime along with my Obi-Wan in Clone Armor Statue. I really hope it looks better in person as GG dropped the ball on the likeness.

BlueSnags
03-25-2007, 01:09 PM
Mine should be arriving this week sometime along with my Obi-Wan in Clone Armor Statue. I really hope it looks better in person as GG dropped the ball on the likeness.

Don't get your hopes up. I got mine last week and it looks like crap.

Jayspawn
03-25-2007, 09:08 PM
D'oh! :mad:

I wish there was some way to swap the head.

BlueSnags
03-25-2007, 10:20 PM
D'oh! :mad:

I wish there was some way to swap the head.

If someone were to come up with a helmet that would fit over his face, that person would make quite a bit of money.

Jayspawn
04-01-2007, 09:05 AM
I was thinking about that BlueSnags. What if somebody were to cast the head of a ROTS Clonetrooper minibust, hollow out the helmet, clean it up and paint it. It might actually fit!

BlueSnags
04-01-2007, 01:30 PM
I'd buy it for sure. The Ugly-Wan statue is great except for the horrible head sculpt/paint job.

2-1B
04-01-2007, 04:52 PM
Do you think people will be critical of the Luke Jedi bust for not being movie accurate?

I think it looks really cool...

mm74md
04-02-2007, 10:12 AM
Do you think people will be critical of the Luke Jedi bust for not being movie accurate?

I think it looks really cool...

It is a sweet bust, but people love to complain

Jayspawn
04-04-2007, 02:34 PM
I recieve mine tomorow. I like style of it -doesnt need to be an 'on screen' depiction.

Jayspawn
04-14-2007, 12:59 PM
Well my Jedi Luke Bust and Obi-Wan Statue both arrived. Luke looks great, and I'm actually very happy w/ the Clone Trooper Obi-Wan Statue. The likeness is a tad off but I think its forgivable. The detail is great. I'm just trying to find a place to display it.

Anyways, both have been photographed and added to the registery.
http://registry.rebelscum.com/index.php?action=view&manufacturer=all&viewby=all&user=90

Turbowars
04-14-2007, 04:03 PM
Well my Jedi Luke Bust and Obi-Wan Statue both arrived. Luke looks great, and I'm actually very happy w/ the Clone Trooper Obi-Wan Statue. The likeness is a tad off but I think its forgivable. The detail is great. I'm just trying to find a place to display it.

Anyways, both have been photographed and added to the registery.
http://registry.rebelscum.com/index.php?action=view&manufacturer=all&viewby=all&user=90
Sorry Jay, but just a tad off? I think you are giving GG a bit too much credit there. lol

ds6161
04-15-2007, 04:29 PM
I just don't get it with the obi statue...
how can you guys say "great detail"..
I'm sorry but the face is so bad it ruins this piece..
the clone armor is a great idea.. but its supost to be Obi wearing it..

Jayspawn
04-19-2007, 10:27 AM
Sorry, this one totally grew on me.

I still have high standards for the Slave Leia Statue. Hopefully there are no last minute changes to it.

JON9000
04-20-2007, 02:42 PM
Wasn't that supposed to be ready soon? I wish they would just stick to the original statue, at least in terms of coloring and the facial expression.

Jayspawn
04-22-2007, 07:50 PM
As fas as i know they havnt changed the likeness (fingers crossed again). It was supposed to be out this month. But GG items are usually a month late anyways. I'm hoping to see the final at CIV.

mm74md
05-09-2007, 11:06 AM
Did anybody get the new Jango bust yet? Mine should arrive tomorrow. I've seen pix on some asian sw site and it looks awesome

Jayspawn
05-09-2007, 12:02 PM
ces got his already, and Zuckuss. Apparently Jango's armor is VERY shiney!

Mine should be arriving within the week.

BlueSnags
05-09-2007, 12:49 PM
Got Jango from Suncoast last week. He is awesome - you guys will LOVE it.:thumbsup:

jedi master sal
05-09-2007, 04:03 PM
I'll get both Zuckuss and Jango next week about Tuesday. Looking forward to them.

Turbowars
05-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Got Jango last week from EE and let me just tell you guys it's so cool I'm getting another from my local Comic shop just so I can display both heads. You will LOVE IT!!!:thumbsup:

mm74md
05-11-2007, 10:59 AM
Got mine yesterday, finally. It is probably tied with the Emperor as my fav mini bust

bobafrett
05-12-2007, 10:26 AM
I picked up the Chewbacca bust at a local collector shop. It looks good standing next to the Solo in Stormtrooper armor bust.

Jayspawn
05-16-2007, 02:37 PM
Oh its a nice bust. Jango and Zuck should be showing up anyday now.

BlueSnags
05-16-2007, 03:05 PM
Picked up the Roron Corobb maquette, Zuckuss bust and LOTR Gandalf bust at my local comic shop today.

jedibear
05-19-2007, 09:16 PM
got the jango fett bust...

I think it's one of the best they've done.

Jayspawn
05-20-2007, 10:40 AM
Picked up the Roron Corobb maquette, Zuckuss bust and LOTR Gandalf bust at my local comic shop today.

You got the Roron Maquette????:eek:

Cant wait to get mine. I recieved Jango and Zuckuss a few days ago. Zuckuss was bigger than I thought. Jango is f'n sweet! I like the use of the magnetic heads to keep them in place.

I hope I get my Roron Maquette soon -Thats been #1 for me.

jedibear
05-20-2007, 06:51 PM
Jango and one of his clones...

jedibear
05-29-2007, 10:11 PM
Clone Commander Gree of the 41st Elite Corp...

Am I the only one posting in the Gentle Giant section? :)

figrin bran
05-29-2007, 10:54 PM
so for those that did attend CIV, how was your experience with the GG booth?

for me, it was easily one of the nadirs of my time at CIV. i got in through the doors, shortly after 10 am, mind you and the line for non preorders was snaked around Jabba. it took a bit of asking just to find out if there was a line for preorders and then more asking to find out exactly where the end of the line was (around where the chess set was displayed). i read some horror stories on RS about Thurs. attendees not being able to get their preorders because they already distributed their allotment for that day so i made sure to be at GG first thing.

after around 20 minutes of waiting, i'm finally at the preorder desk. there were two people working there and so i just went up to the next available employee. however, he tells me he's only doing last names N-Z and sends me to the girl doing A-M (either Amanda or Jewel from the GG blog, i believe). however, she had let the dealer (he had been bragging the whole time in line so there was no mistaking that) who was behind me go ahead of me even though i was ahead. thanks a lot! :mad:

now if this had been later in the day and a situation where they were down to the last of the preorder Grees/Malaks, etc. and he got the last ones, i'm not sure what i would've done! sure i could've returned the next morning but preorders should be guaranteed, especially if they've charged your card for them already.

and that VIP lounge they had overlooking the whole booth...very lovely...they're lucky they didn't get stuff thrown at them!

plasticfetish
05-30-2007, 12:24 AM
I'd love to be able to post that I wandered over to their booth and scored a Malak bust, but they had run out by the time I got there at around 11:30. :cry: ...all they had left were those Yodas. Nice, but not something I wanted.

Other than that, their booth was fun. The giant Jabba was great. The people working the booth seemed polite and cool... the whole line thing was a mess at first on Saturday (I'm told), but that kind of thing always seeems to be a mess, so I'm not surprised.

K M Toydarian
05-30-2007, 01:11 AM
I was quite miffed that I wasn't able to get the 10 dollar Bust up set (Luke and Han Trooper). When I got there at 2pm on Thursday, the allotment was sold out, same Sun and Mon afternoons. No employee seemed to concerned with my discontent, and I found out there are only 5000?(I can't remember) for ALL the shows they are attending.
This item should have been easily available to all attending, like the Hasbro figs.
It's all I wanted from GG and I was left with a bad taste from them. Their display was very nice however, but the needed more customer support. The attitude was a little " we're the best, you know it, and you wish you could be us"

jedibear
05-30-2007, 10:30 AM
Gentle Giant was easily the worst and most frustrating part of my ClV experience.
I tried thursday and friday mornings to get there early...both mornings I made it in at around 10:15 and was told the line was "capped" and to come back later. What resulted was a mess of people hanging around waiting for the line to be "open" again...darting in and cutting at will, while PA announcements blathered the latest piece to be "sold out" of the day's allotment It was barley organized chaos...
Finally, I decided I'd get into the line to get in the hall extra early for Saturday morning (330AM!) and was one of the first 20 or so people in....jetted up the stairs, into the hall, up to the giant Jabba to discover over 100 people ALREADY INSIDE and the line capped! At 10:04! I was furious!
I finally found a GenCon person was was valiantly attempting to control the line and politely but firmly pestered him...it helped that he recognized me from the previous days...he told me that the first group was composed mostly of exhibitors, press folk and volunteers...finally, after convincing him I was not a dealer, it was not going on ebay, I was not an exhibitor....he took pity on me and let me in the line, where I finally, at almost 1PM, managed to score the Gree bust (one of the last 10 or so for the day). All that frustration and work for one exclusive...not cool.
I agree with plasticfetish that the booth itself was great, the giant Jabba a fun photo op, and seeing some of the upcoming busts was neat (love Ackbar and th Tusken Raider!)...but I met no one who actually worked at the booth the wasn't surly or throwing off major attitude. An example: when I asked the short, round guy wearing sunglasses (indoors...the definition of cool... "cough")and an artist's beret why they couldn't do the ticket system they employed at past cons (the same one starwarsshop was employing with success at their booth) to help with the line and he said "We think that's redundant...just come back tomorrow" Huh? Efficiency, fairness and order are redundant? I didn't get it...
I wish Gentle Giant had not made the Clone Commanders convention exclusives...the most sought-after armored characters may create a "buzz", but they are also creating huge amounts of frustration for folks who would like to collect them.
I had no issues with any of the other vendors at ClV....Sideshow was a breeze with friendly help, Hasbro was a bit of a cattle call, but was still fairly easy to get (just a wait that's all) and their staff was exceptionally friendly and talkative at this show.
Yes, Gentle Giant makes some great product, but I wish they would get a little humility and grace back in dealing with their public....

Jayspawn
05-30-2007, 12:01 PM
Gentle Giant was the only stone in my shoe at CIV. And it was a big stone.

3 days I waited 5 hours early to get in and got shafted EVERY time. It was cold out too. It works like this, you wait in line, they open the doors, to get right to the GG booth and the line is already so long that it is capped immediatly upon opening. The Exclusives are sold out. Sorry, you're NOT getting them.

AARRRGGGGHHHHH!!!

Some things never change. GG still has the very worst Exclusive/distribution system of ANYbody out there. Its the most frusterating and agonizing experiance. Its easier to pull hair off a wolverine then to get one of their exclusives. Needless to say, several heated arguements between pi**ed off customers and GG did take place. Rather entertaining I must say and I took some satisfaction in watching. Long story short: The Exclusives were sold out by 10:04 every day.

However I DID get an Exclusive Malak and Gree. ONLY becuase after I got screwed on the 4th day in a row, a super-cool guy who had seen me waiting in line hours before let me cut in line and wasnt taking no for an answer from anybody. So, thank you! to the annomous person for letting me in.

JON9000
05-30-2007, 03:37 PM
did anybody hear when Slave Leia is due to ship?

jedi master sal
05-30-2007, 09:15 PM
I hope my eBay purchase goes good on this. The guy I won the auction from for a Gree bust has excellent feedback. But after hearing these horror stories, I amd a little worried. At the least I hope to get my cash back, but I really REALLY want the bust.

plasticfetish
05-31-2007, 05:22 AM
and he said "We think that's redundant...just come back tomorrow"Yeah, "come back tomorrow" was what they told me also. As if it would matter. :rolleyes:

K M Toydarian
05-31-2007, 06:12 AM
I was told come back tomorrow as well on 2 occasions when I asked about the BustUp set. I couldn't go in the mornings, and there was alot to do other than wait all day for a 10 dollar plastic model.
The attitude I got was astounding, basically, "I know you have nothing better to do but wait for a chance to own something from us".
I spent a lot of time and money to get to C4, and really expected to be able to get all the souvenirs I wanted.
I was also told, we'll be at SDCC, get one there.
I won't be at SDCC, so mute point, and based on this experience I can't imagine it being any better.

OC47150
05-31-2007, 03:51 PM
I was told come back tomorrow as well on 2 occasions when I asked about the BustUp set. I couldn't go in the mornings, and there was alot to do other than wait all day for a 10 dollar plastic model.
The attitude I got was astounding, basically, "I know you have nothing better to do but wait for a chance to own something from us".

That's plain sad. Sounds like they need some customer services lessons.

I've only had one face-to-face encounter with GG reps and it was at GenCon Indy last year.

I'm hoping GG will be at GenCon again this year (haven't heard yes or no) 'cause I'd like to get the bust-up.

Jayspawn
06-07-2007, 11:10 AM
Well I placed a huge preorder for the Rebo Band and Jabba Statues, and Dengar, Jawas, and Senate/Royal Guard Minibusts.

Hellboy
06-10-2007, 05:59 PM
Like many I haven't been to happy with GG's business practices of late. What with all the stupid Exclusives and all. If their product wasn't so good (though their quality control could use some work) I'd have thrown in the towel a while ago.

The last 2 Mini-Busts I bought were Jango and Darth Malak and they look simply amazing. Jango may even be the best MB released to date IMO. I'm looking forward to the remaining Clone Commanders (Gree is on the way) but I'm hoping they don't cost me an arm and a leg obtaining them. :frus:

Sith Lord 0498
06-10-2007, 06:21 PM
After a brief stint with some mini-busts and Bust-Ups, I got out of the GG arena. But I just HAD to get the new Jango bust. The Temuera Morrison sculpt is impecible, and chromed armor looks really, really great in person.

Here's a quick Photoshop pic of the bust. Unbelievable!!!

K M Toydarian
06-11-2007, 03:44 PM
I don't normally collect the mini bust, but I had a question. I decided to go to San Diego Comic Con this year, and I would like to get the Cody mini Bust. When do these go up for preorder? I didn't pay attention the the preorders for Celebration, but don't want to miss this one.
Thanks all.

figrin bran
06-11-2007, 09:32 PM
I don't normally collect the mini bust, but I had a question. I decided to go to San Diego Comic Con this year, and I would like to get the Cody mini Bust. When do these go up for preorder? I didn't pay attention the the preorders for Celebration, but don't want to miss this one.
Thanks all.

i believe it might be 2 weeks before SDCC.

K M Toydarian
06-11-2007, 10:06 PM
i believe it might be 2 weeks before SDCC.

Thanks for that. I'll keep checking MR. I am sure I am on their email list, so hopefully they will let us know. I plan to preorder the Bust up set I missed out on at C4 as well.

jedi master sal
06-14-2007, 01:49 PM
I hope my eBay purchase goes good on this. The guy I won the auction from for a Gree bust has excellent feedback. But after hearing these horror stories, I amd a little worried. At the least I hope to get my cash back, but I really REALLY want the bust.

Well to follow up on my own post...

The seller STILL has not come through and is giving me excuse after excuse why I haven't received it.

He said he sent it on June 7th. Even though his auction clearly stated he would send it "immediately" after the con ends. I received a notice that it was to ship on June 7th and got a tracking number. Ok so I thought things were going good if not slow.

Well it's been a week now and no new info on tracking. In fact it still says the seller has just transmitted info to the post office (but that it hasn't shipped yet). I called up both my local Post office branch and the regional bulk mail facility as well as HIS local and bluk branches. There is NO record of the shipment. Oh and he's in New Jersay and I'm only in Pittsburgh. NO WAY in hell it should take a week to get here. 3-4 days tops.

I've threatened him now with filing a mail fraud case. (It's illegal to receive payment for goods and not to send the goods paid for.)

He still keeps insisting that he sent it.

So here I sit out $163.50 (I will put a claim in with Paypal) and waiting. I told him he has until Monday June 18. If I don't receive it then, it's a fraud charge through Paypal as well as the post office. He'll get into much more trouble than $163.50. Not only will he have to pay that back but mail fraud carries a prison term and is a federal offense. So he'll lose certain rights, etc.....

Yeah, I'm just a little more than ****ed about this.

I don't like being f'd over on $5 let alone $163.50.

I'll keep the boards posted on this.

So help me if that jag-off reposts his auction, we should start a bidding campaign on his auction.

-Sal

OC47150
06-14-2007, 02:47 PM
Sal,

Friends of mine have gotten buyers' phone numbers and called them at all odds of the day (like 2 in the morning on a Saturday night) asking where their items are.

Don't give up! Keep on him!!! :whip:

DarkArtist
06-14-2007, 04:06 PM
Got My Slave Leia statue today from EE. all I can say is WOW ! this is my first GG piece and I really wish I had ordered some of the other pieces in this collection. the detail is amazing.

jedi master sal
06-14-2007, 04:44 PM
Sal,

Friends of mine have gotten buyers' phone numbers and called them at all odds of the day (like 2 in the morning on a Saturday night) asking where their items are.

Don't give up! Keep on him!!! :whip:

Yea, I tried looking for it on the net to no avail. Perhaps I should call his local info line.

Ok so I just did that and "At the customers request the number is unpublished." Hmmm, everything about this guy just smacks of being a crook.

figrin bran
06-15-2007, 12:18 AM
I hope that mess gets resolved in your favor Sal.

Razor's Edge just emailed me that the Roron maquettes are in so i should be getting mine soon.

jedi master sal
06-15-2007, 07:51 AM

Razor's Edge just emailed me that the Roron maquettes are in so i should be getting mine soon.

Thanks F-B. Well out of the blue last night the guy actually called me. Don't know how he got my number. He claims through eBay. Whatever. Anyway, he didn't offer up anything more that the previous e-mails back and forth. Maybe he did send it and it's just not showing from the Post Office. But that really still remains to be seen. I told him in the last e-mail that I wouldn't mind eating my words and apologizing, but that won't happen until I recieve the bust.

I really feel no better about this situation. It's only the ever so slightest glimmer of hope since he did take the time to call. But that's slimmer that a piece of paper is thick.

Jayspawn
06-15-2007, 10:03 AM
My Leia and Roron should be arriving next week -I'm totally stoked about it too. It'll be a happy day for me!

BountyHunterScum
06-16-2007, 03:02 PM
Got My Slave Leia statue today from EE. all I can say is WOW ! this is my first GG piece and I really wish I had ordered some of the other pieces in this collection. the detail is amazing.

Got mine yesterday.

jedi master sal
06-16-2007, 05:02 PM

Well it finally frickin' arrived. Box had a small ding in corner otherwise th piece was perfect and the seller threw in some extras. (2 CIV Coins-looking to trade btw for the CIV EU one; 30 years grey wistband; and one of the freebie pocket game handouts.)

Now do I give him any feedback whatsoever?

He shipped very late, didn't pay for the insurance as I did in the paypal payment, etc...

I'm thinking I just won't leave any at all. I got the piece finally so I won't leave a negative. Neutrals can be taken either way so I won't leave that either and it was difinitely NOT a positive experience buying from the seller. He breech the contrat twice and it wasn't until I applied pressure and the threat of a negative plus fraud charges that I got some communication form him and a weel later the bust.

Say this reminds me, did anyone who ordered the grey Coruscant clone get theirs yet? Shouldn't this thing have shipped back in April or May??

Whether you did get yours or not can you spare an old fart like me the pain of trying to look up the place and tell me the name of the website or provide a link?

-Sal

Jayspawn
06-16-2007, 09:11 PM
Ahhhh. the wait really sucks! :frus:

JON9000
06-19-2007, 10:08 AM
Now do I give him any feedback whatsoever?

He shipped very late, didn't pay for the insurance as I did in the paypal payment, etc...

I'm thinking I just won't leave any at all. I got the piece finally so I won't leave a negative. Neutrals can be taken either way so I won't leave that either and it was difinitely NOT a positive experience buying from the seller. He breech the contrat twice and it wasn't until I applied pressure and the threat of a negative plus fraud charges that I got some communication form him and a weel later the bust.

Sal, it would be swell if you would tell all of us in this as well as other parts of the forum to avoid this seller. What's his name? If you are a member at other sites (particualrly RS), you can also post there. This sort of feedback can leave you blackballed in the community and really have a negative impact on a person's sales. I know there are several people who have been busted for all types of ebay fraud over there, particularly onetofivedayauctions.

plasticfetish
06-20-2007, 01:31 AM
Now do I give him any feedback whatsoever?Just my 2 cents (because I've been reading along), but I'd consider leaving neutral feedback. I always look at anything that isn't a "positive" comment as being questionable.

Jayspawn
06-20-2007, 11:28 AM
I'm gonna try and get my GG pictures from CIV posted. Unfortunatly, they didnt have the Clone Wars Mace Windu Maquette there. I was gonna ask them about it (and some other stuff) but forgot because of my frusteration with them at the time.

figrin bran
06-21-2007, 09:18 PM
I got Roron Maquette #1012 in the mail from Razor's Edge today. :D

Jayspawn
06-22-2007, 10:25 AM
My Roron Maquette should be arriving today, so I'm a little on edge. :D

swabie2424
06-30-2007, 11:37 AM
Anyone who won the Neyo raffle - please post what state (or country) you live in. Thanks.

Jayspawn
06-30-2007, 07:01 PM
I didnt win the raffle unfortunatly. I know someone on Ebay is gonna get my $. Tough I'd rather it be a SSGer or Scummer.

jedi master sal
06-30-2007, 09:22 PM
I got lucky and a guy from my State collecting group is selling me the one he won in the auction.

Considering what these are going for on eBay, I think I'm getting a good deal. Though it would have been great to get it for cost, I'm also a realist and know the market value immediately exceeding the original buying price long before it was even released.

I'm getting it for $175. But he's also making a deal for me for several of his Force FX sabers at a reduced cost. So in the long run taking into account the difference in price for the sabers and bust, I'll actually be paying about $110 for the bust and that's not bad at all for a hyper low run like the Neyo Bust.

mm74md
07-05-2007, 11:37 AM
Anyone get their Ben Kenobi bust yet? Mine is arriving today and can't wait to get home from work to check him out

Jayspawn
07-05-2007, 11:55 AM
Mine should arrive within the week. Let us know how he looks!

mm74md
07-06-2007, 09:57 AM
Well, I got my Ben bust yesterday and GG is just getting better & better on these things. I was blown away by the new Jango bust, and the Ben does not disappoint. I will take some pics over the weekend. I never noticed before that he is hiding his lightsaber under his robe ready to attack...very nice touch!

Jayspawn
07-09-2007, 09:01 PM
Oh I know. My Ben should be arriving in a few days. Their customer service is still crap but their quality keeps getting better and better.

figrin bran
07-11-2007, 12:46 AM
The preorders for SDCC exclusives has been pushed to this Thursday. Just want to warn anyone who thought they might be able to preorder tomorrow.

Jayspawn
07-11-2007, 11:09 AM
Just another heads up. At CIV Gentle Giant was turning people away who HAD preorders. So anybody going -get there EARLY and fight them hard!

Jayspawn
07-16-2007, 10:56 AM
Finally recieved my Ben Kenobi Bust. GG is really the worst company making the best products. Very impressed with this one. My favorite part is the hand under his robe reaching for lightsaber. Nice!

Turbowars
07-19-2007, 09:30 PM
Damn what happened in here? There's only like 3 people that post. We need to revive this thread. Are all the thread like this here now?

Anyways I got a crap load of cool stuff in the last month. Finally got a Sandtrooper with Dewback and a Scout with Bike among some statues.

Jayspawn
07-19-2007, 09:48 PM
Thats quite a month Turbo!

Leia should be up next for the minibusts. Looking forward to that one!

Turbowars
07-19-2007, 09:50 PM
Yeah it was. I'm having buyers remorse right now.

Yes Liea is next and who after that?

Leia---July
Dengar---Aug
Jawa's---Oct
Blue and Red Guards---Nov
Tuskens---Feb

Ackbar will follow

BlueSnags
07-19-2007, 10:19 PM
Yeah it was. I'm having buyers remorse right now.

Yes Liea is next and who after that?

Leia---July
Dengar---Aug
Jawa's---Oct
Blue and Red Guards---Nov
Tuskens---Feb

Ackbar will follow

Don't forget the House of Secrets Exclusive Karl Meyer in Rock Star Gear bust coming out next month.

-Snags

Turbowars
07-19-2007, 10:22 PM
Don't forget the House of Secrets Exclusive Karl Meyer in Rock Star Gear bust coming out next month.

-SnagsCool can't wait!
Hey Snags, when is GG going to make a bust of you?:yes:

BlueSnags
07-19-2007, 10:25 PM
Cool can't wait!
Hey Snags, when is GG going to make a bust of you?:yes:

I don't know - I'll have to talk to Amanda about that. How about "Snags in CIV Gear." It would sell like hotcakes.:bandit:

-Snags

OC47150
07-20-2007, 07:38 AM
Anyone getting the Han Solo maquette? That's going to be a Christmas present to myself. :yes:

I tracked down the Solo bust at a reasonable price. I saw it at a friend's house and really liked it.

mm74md
07-20-2007, 10:11 AM
Damn what happened in here? There's only like 3 people that post. We need to revive this thread. Are all the thread like this here now?

I've noticed that too. I think a lot of us are broke from TAC/Legends hitting all at once along with Sideshow & GG stuff :tired:

mm74md
07-20-2007, 10:12 AM
I tracked down the Solo bust at a reasonable price. I saw it at a friend's house and really liked it.

The stormy bust or regular?

Jayspawn
07-20-2007, 11:14 AM
I've noticed that too. I think a lot of us are broke from TAC/Legends hitting all at once along with Sideshow & GG stuff :tired:

That would be me. With all the GG stuff shipping out and awesome deals Master Replicas has been having. I'm waiting for the well to fill back up.

BlueSnags
07-20-2007, 11:34 AM
Anyone getting the Han Solo maquette? That's going to be a Christmas present to myself. :yes:

Yup - ordered the Han and Chewie maquettes.:thumbsup:

-Snags

Hellboy
07-20-2007, 03:21 PM
Don't forget guys the Hyperspace Mace Windu Maquette is up RIGHT NOW!!!

Only 1000 pieces. Link: StarWarsShop.com (http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=414126;category_id=;pcid1=; pcid2=)

dr_evazan22
07-22-2007, 06:17 AM
I received notice from Action Figure Xpress for the Coruscant Clone Trooper Bust that it has processed and will be shipping soon.

Jayspawn
07-22-2007, 10:12 AM
I had to work so I missed the Mace Maquette. If I'm walking funny its because GG screwed me over again (they never seem to tire of that).

Turbowars
07-22-2007, 10:42 AM
I had to work so I missed the Mace Maquette. If I'm walking funny its because GG screwed me over again (they never seem to tire of that).
No that would be SWS that screwed you this time. :whip:

Hellboy
07-22-2007, 01:58 PM
You guys might want to check SWS periodically if you're still interested in Mace. They've been showing up on the site off and on since they went up. SWS seems to be holding back some of the inventory and time releasing them. Hard to say when they'll actually sell out doing it like this.

Jayspawn
07-22-2007, 10:28 PM
I've heard about this Hellboy. Except both times its happened -I happen to be at work. Which is a lot.

Its GG screwing me. THEY set the edition size. If they did like 2500 or even 2000 I'd have way better odds.

Hellboy
07-23-2007, 03:50 PM
Mace is back up. Who knows how long.

http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=414126

mm74md
07-25-2007, 03:50 PM
So how many of the us SirStever's got the Gree Bust at CIV? If not, what are you willing to cough up for it? I looked around on eBay and saw the highest go for $209.99 and the lowest $153.60. I'd have to say $100 (it will never happen)

Hellboy
07-25-2007, 04:49 PM
So how many of the us SirStever's got the Gree Bust at CIV? If not, what are you willing to cough up for it? I looked around on eBay and saw the highest go for $209.99 and the lowest $153.60. I'd have to say $100 (it will never happen)

I paid $165 for mine on the bay. :cry:

Jayspawn
07-25-2007, 06:41 PM
I DID get one at CIV but that almost didnt happen. I got lucky because of the generousity of another super-cool fan.

Its the other 4 Commmanders that I'm not counting on getting. Will not pay over $100 each.

figrin bran
07-25-2007, 09:16 PM
I got the Gree bust at CIV but sold it to Turbowars

mm74md
07-26-2007, 08:44 AM
SirSteve has some pics up from SDCC. The Han Solo statue looks amazing...

http://photos.sirstevesguide.com/showphoto.php?photo=24509&cat=5397

Jayspawn
07-26-2007, 11:19 AM
Oh I know. I saw it on display at CIV. The likeness is tops!

mm74md
07-27-2007, 10:20 AM
I was looking for a "bargain" priced Cody bust and came across this auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=170132820870

"THIS ACTION IS FOR A NEW
GENTLE GIANT COMMANDER CODY MINI BUST
20 pcs
COMIC CON 2007 EXCLUSIVE
3500 PCS ONLY
SHIPPING STARTING JULY 30 , 2007 VIA USPS PRIORITY MAIL
SHIPPING IS $400 to JAPAN"

There was a Buy It Now for $2600.

Now, I don't care that some jackass bought these...but I do care that I major jackass could get 20 of these. This just makes me so mad at Gentle Giant once again

dashrender
08-02-2007, 03:37 PM
I guess I consider myself lucky that I got a Gree at C IV. I managed on the last day, about 30 mins before it ran out *wipes sweat from brow* I completely spaced on pre ordering it.

I fortunately managed to find someone goinng to SDCC to pick up a Cody for me. I was suprised that pre-order window was open for a few days.

Jayspawn
08-03-2007, 07:24 PM
Wish I was getting a Cody. I'm happy that I got Gree at CIV also, but I really wanted Cody or Bly above the rest.

Hellboy
08-03-2007, 07:42 PM
Wish I was getting a Cody. I'm happy that I got Gree at CIV also, but I really wanted Cody or Bly above the rest.

You'll still have a shot at the raffle. That is if you're a PG member.

mm74md
08-08-2007, 06:22 AM
I got my Leia bust from AFX yesterday. Man, GG is really putting out some quality stuff latley! This is a must have

Jayspawn
08-17-2007, 09:20 PM
My Leia bust has shipped. Hearing good things about this one too. GG rarely dissapoints on product. Only on customer service.

I thought about picking up a few Harry Potter minibusts. Anybody here have any?

OC47150
08-18-2007, 09:10 AM
Some fellow collectors have a few of the Harry Potter busts, Jayspawn. They're very satisfied with the product.

Jayspawn
08-19-2007, 10:26 AM
No dought. I think the Bellatrix Lestrange and Nymphadora Tonks busts look sweet so I'll probably preorder those. Razor's Edge has a good deal on them.

Jayspawn
09-02-2007, 02:06 PM
I recieved the Riddle Grave Statue in the mail yesterday. Very nice piece indeed! Also got Bellatrix and Tonks minibusts preordered.

Jayspawn
09-12-2007, 11:06 PM
Woah! The Jabba and Rebo Band Statues are starting to ship! Get those credit cards ready!!!

Jayspawn
09-14-2007, 08:25 PM
Hot Googley Moogley! I just got a GG charge like you wouldnt believe! Wow!

Hellboy
09-15-2007, 12:34 AM
I saw the Jabba and Max Rebo setups at my LCS. They looked really nice but I'm still passing.

Jayspawn
09-15-2007, 11:06 AM
The Jabba is impressive -but I'm actually more excited about the Rebo Band!

Jayspawn
10-05-2007, 11:52 AM
GG has a set of Deather Eater Bust-Ups coming out. Look pretty sweet, but I'll pass on em. A new Death Eater Minibust would be awesome though.

I'm trying to figure out how go about doing the Bib Fortuna Redemption. GG says its sold out on their website, but how can they be sold out of them if they didnt make enought to cover the redemption? Hmmm.....

Jayspawn
10-24-2007, 10:01 PM
GG has released images of their upcoming..... Animated Emperor Maquette, Dooku/Ventress Statue and Aayla Secura and Shaak Ti Minibusts.

All I gotta say...WOOHOO!! I'm gonna get most of them. I'm still on the fence about the Dooku/Ventress Statue as Sideshow's Dooku/Yoda Statue looks sweet too. Hmm...

Definatly getting Aayla.....Mmmmm Aayla.

jedibear
10-26-2007, 12:27 AM
Saw those shots Jayspawn...the two Jedi ladies look real good. Definitely getting Aayla myself. I like the overall look of Shaak Ti, but the front horns hanging down the front look like seperate peices...I'll wait to see how well that comes out "in person".

But our favorite T'wlek Jedi looks fantastic!

sergiurusu
08-11-2008, 05:39 AM
I ordered my first 3 GG statues: Vader Kneeling, Royal Guard, and Slave Leia. Can't wait to receive them. I'm also interested in ordering the new GG Stormtrooper and BHS statues when they are available.

dashrender
08-11-2008, 07:22 AM
Boy this thread fell dead. Did people stop collecting GG?

OC47150
08-11-2008, 07:41 AM
I ordered my first 3 GG statues: Vader Kneeling, Royal Guard, and Slave Leia. Can't wait to receive them. I'm also interested in ordering the new GG Stormtrooper and BHS statues when they are available.

Welcome to the club!!

A friend was able to pick up the Comic Con Anakin for me. I'm getting it this weekend. It will be a nice addition to my collection.

sergiurusu
08-12-2008, 02:12 AM
I'd like to know how much the GG Stormie and BHS statues cost and when they will be ready to order...

dashrender
08-12-2008, 07:10 AM
I'd like to know how much the GG Stormie and BHS statues cost and when they will be ready to order...
The normal ones or the CW ones?

sergiurusu
08-12-2008, 09:37 AM
Not the animated maquettes but these ones

dashrender
08-12-2008, 09:42 AM
How funny, the BHS has a 'no pictures' sign on it.

sergiurusu
08-13-2008, 02:56 AM
How funny, the BHS has a 'no pictures' sign on it.

That happens all the time :D

jedibear
08-28-2008, 08:18 PM
Finally got Gentle Giant's version of Aayla Secura...

She's darker and more intense looking than the recent Sideshow version, but she excels in detail, especially the outfit (and lack of it :) )...

Pretty nice...

Jayspawn
08-29-2008, 11:37 PM
GG's Aayla and ShaakTi are pretty sweet. I'm procrastinating for now, but they did do an outstanding job.

sergiurusu
08-31-2008, 01:43 AM
I got a stormtrooper bust in a nice trade

bobafrett
08-31-2008, 08:43 AM
Boy this thread fell dead. Did people stop collecting GG?

I've been to broke to buy any GG lately. Also since I got married it seems like every Star Wars purchase I make gets discovered and scrutinized. The last bust I bought was ANH Leia

I got a stormtrooper bust in a nice trade

Sweet, I bought 3 Stormtroopers, and would get a few more if money were no concern.

dr_evazan22
08-31-2008, 09:07 AM
Recieved an email from GG on Fri for a 50% Labor Day sale on select items. Ordered a Tusken bust (all I could afford).

jedibear
08-31-2008, 06:01 PM
Got the same email...ordered Ackbar at 50% off...

sergiurusu
09-01-2008, 01:53 AM
Sweet, I bought 3 Stormtroopers, and would get a few more if money were no concern.

Cool. The busts are nice but still not quite interested in going to have a bust collection. Waiting for the statues, and already have GG Vader kneeling, GG ROTS Vader and Chrome Vader, Royal Guard and Slave Leia on their way to me. Hopefully soon the Stormtrooper and BHS statues will be released.:thumbsup:

sergiurusu
09-02-2008, 12:01 PM
Just received the Gentle Giant Darth Vader Chrome Version Statue, waiting for the regular one too.

Jayspawn
09-03-2008, 12:30 PM
Congrats sergiurusu! I think the color statue looks better so I bought that one myself. I've cooled it on Vader Statues however because I have so many...

Sideshow Premium Format Vader
Gentle Giant Vader w/ lightsaber
Gentle Giant ESB Kneeling Vader
Kotobukiya Vader -1st version
Gentle Giant ROTS Vader Minibust
Gentle Giant ROTS Vader Reveal Minibust

sergiurusu
09-03-2008, 12:40 PM
Congrats sergiurusu! I think the color statue looks better so I bought that one myself. I've cooled it on Vader Statues however because I have so many...

Sideshow Premium Format Vader
Gentle Giant Vader w/ lightsaber
Gentle Giant ESB Kneeling Vader
Kotobukiya Vader -1st version
Gentle Giant ROTS Vader Minibust
Gentle Giant ROTS Vader Reveal Minibust

I have all of these as well, except Vader reveal since it's Anakin's head and I don't care about ROTS Anakin, and GG ROTS and ESB Kneeling Vader statues which are on their way to me as we speak, plus ROTS Vader from Koto.

Jayspawn
09-04-2008, 12:22 AM
Hot damn sergiurusu! Yer dropping a load on Vader items lately.

sergiurusu
09-04-2008, 03:55 AM
LOL! My focus are Imperials and I already had the Koto, RAH and SS Premium Format Vaders. Only the GG are new.

Sergiu

sergiurusu
09-06-2008, 03:12 AM
Next week my custom made display cabinets/curios will be ready. Then I'll try moving my collection to the new house and display it there. Really happy about this. I received the Gentle Giant Royal Guard statue.

Sergiu

jedibear
09-07-2008, 09:16 PM
sergiurusu...
That Royal Guard statue is really cool.

Has anyone who prdered something from GG over the Labor Day weekend at that 50% off sale heard anything from GG (like an order confirmation)?
I've heard NOTHING...

sergiurusu
09-08-2008, 05:55 AM
I didn't order from them due to high shipping costs to Europe :sleeping:

Sergiu

Jayspawn
09-08-2008, 10:15 PM
Tempting offers. Was going to get the Tusken and Ackbar but the Tusken was sold out. I'll pick em up at some point though. Some other tempting offers I must say.

sergiurusu
09-09-2008, 11:33 AM
Just received Slave Leia statue

jedibear
09-09-2008, 06:46 PM
Nice pics, sergiurusu!

dr_evazan22
09-12-2008, 08:05 PM
Received an email from GG for a pre-order of the holiday bust, which is Cmdr Cody. He's shown with a blue scarf around his neck, with a hologram of a snowman in the palm of his hand.

jedibear
09-12-2008, 08:07 PM
Please tell me that's a hoax...

Jayspawn
09-13-2008, 10:13 AM
Its not, its the holiday special for Premier Guild members. Got my order in since I missed the regular release.

sergiurusu
09-14-2008, 06:32 AM
Received an email from GG for a pre-order of the holiday bust, which is Cmdr Cody. He's shown with a blue scarf around his neck, with a hologram of a snowman in the palm of his hand.

That looks WEIRD! :crazed:

jedibear
09-19-2008, 09:39 PM
Got my Ackbar bust today that I ordered during the Labor Day sale...

Wow...this bust is incredible. Really well done. Love the ole' fish eyes!

Jayspawn
09-19-2008, 10:56 PM
Havnt got my Ackbar bust yet, but the detail is quite incredible. Ackbar is an underrated cool character.

"Admiral Ackbar cereal!":thumbsup:

jedibear
09-20-2008, 10:38 PM
Took another shot in natural light...this bust is becoming one of my favorites...

sergiurusu
09-26-2008, 07:09 AM
Received the Gentle Giant ESB kneeling Darth Vader statue, really cool!

sergiurusu
10-14-2008, 02:09 AM
I finally received the GG ROTS Darth Vader statue :thumbsup:

Jayspawn
10-22-2008, 12:48 AM
Thats an awesome statue! One of my favorites.

BigBadToyStore.com is having a 25% off sale that includes several GG minibusts. Gonna catch up a little with this sale methinks.

Anyone see the pic of the AT-AT Driver? DAMN!

sergiurusu
10-23-2008, 02:53 AM
It's harder and harder for me not to get into busts, but have to resist. I'd be interested only in the OT Imperials busts but still....