PDA

View Full Version : The Official Gentle Giant Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Jayspawn
11-18-2004, 10:28 PM
We had one a long time ago in the Replicas/Props section, but its time for a new one with all the stuff going on like Mini-Busts, Statues, Maquettes Bust-Ups. So a bit of news for the 1st post.....

My Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot and Gamorrean Guard Minibusts arrived in the mail today! The Luke is 3001/7500 and the Gamorrean 183/4000. The Gamorrean came with the Princess Leia Bust-Up, and Luke came with the Han Solo Bust-Up. Couldnt find the one that came with Luke at first -kind of tucked away in the foam.

Has anybody else noticed that GG has the WORST handwriting, I can barely tell what number I have on each product. The number on the bottom of my Luke bust is almost non-existant.

Anyhow, the Clone Wars Obi-Wan Maquette has shipped out and is arriving at several etailers. I believe the ARC Trooper and Padme are shipping next!

Jayspawn
11-20-2004, 10:13 AM
My Media Play got in a case of Bust-Ups last night. There was about 20 or so in the case. They had them at $4.99 a piece -not bad. Any ideas on how to tell which character is in what box???? The boxes are sealed!!!!

I got a very nice email from GG yesterday as well, about the Exclusive Han as Stormtrooper Mini-Bust. They said that are not available yet, but everything is on schedule and that an email will be sent out again as soon as they are ready.

And of course I just sent off my monthly re-release the Darth Vader Mini-Bust customer responce postcard.

bobafrett
11-20-2004, 10:58 AM
My Media Play got in a case of Bust-Ups last night. There was about 20 or so in the case. They had them at $4.99 a piece -not bad. Any ideas on how to tell which character is in what box???? The boxes are sealed!!!!

I got a very nice email from GG yesterday as well, about the Exclusive Han as Stormtrooper Mini-Bust. They said that are not available yet, but everything is on schedule and that an email will be sent out again as soon as they are ready.

And of course I just sent off my monthly re-release the Darth Vader Mini-Bust customer responce postcard.

From what I understand from the Entertainment Earth site, is the only way to gaurantee your going to get the entire selection, is to buy the case of 24, otherwise there is no telling what figure you are going to get until you open it up, or wait until they come up for sale on eBay. I was going to buy the case until I got the C-3PO mini in with my Stormtrooper bust, and was a little disappointed with the quality of the mini piece of plastic.

K M Toydarian
11-21-2004, 01:50 AM
I remember seeing somewhere, someone had a breakout of how the case of 24 was packed. They are in an order in the flat display case. Of course if they are taken out, or mixed up, well...
I got a set at Hot Topic and was able to get a complete set by seeing through the tiny window on the box. They had 12 or so on pegs, but you can barley make out the color of plastic inside and figure out who is who.
The next wave may be harder as there are more dark/black looking sith figures.

Jayspawn
11-21-2004, 09:21 AM
I tried looking through the tiny window -but some of them were stuck and I couldnt get them turned around to see who was inside. All I really want is Yoda.

Reefer Shark
11-21-2004, 01:44 PM
Hey guys, I'm desperately looking for a white clone bust. I'm really kicking myself 'cause I saw one hangng around a local comic shop for months before I started collecting them :( :cry: If anyone has any leads for me, I would really appreciate it.

I tried looking through the tiny window -but some of them were stuck and I couldnt get them turned around to see who was inside. All I really want is Yoda.Yoda should be fairly easy to tell since he's the smallest one. He'll probably be the lightest, and move around in the box the most. Good luck in your hunt!

Kind of a late score, but I found the Bossk bust (with all teeth this time!) at Northridge Suncoast the other night. Very very sweet!

Plus my Biker Scout cam in from Tower.com. Another awesome bust! I really dig this one.

Now all I need is Fett, regular Vader (not holding my breath for those two), Clone Trooper, and I might get Moff Tarkin as well.

Jayspawn
11-21-2004, 09:33 PM
The Tarkin bust is awesome! Get him while you can!

bobafrett
11-23-2004, 09:14 PM
To date I have the following GG mini (?) busts (not the plastic ones, the 7 or 8 inch ones)

Darth Vader
Boba Fett
Jango Fett
Grand Moff Tarkin
White Clone Trooper
Yoda
Padme
2 X Imperial Stormtroopers
Luke in X-Wing flight suit

I plan on getting in the next month
Gammorean Gaurd
Bossk
and possibly a 3rd Stormtrooper

Reefer Shark
11-24-2004, 04:15 PM
Sweeeeet!!

My chrome Vader bust just showed up here at work. Man, this thing looks fantastic! I was kinda bummed that I missed out on the regular edition, but now that I see how nice this chrome one looks, I'm satisfied.

The pics online really do not do this thing justice. The detail is amazing, and the real chain is a nice touch too! :smoker:

Jayspawn
11-30-2004, 01:44 PM
I missed the Chrome Vader bust BOTH times! I lucked out and got the Chrome Jango and I'm very satisfied with him. Just wish I had at least 1 Vader bust. I dont care which.

Reefer Shark
11-30-2004, 07:19 PM
I missed the Chrome Vader bust BOTH times! I lucked out and got the Chrome Jango and I'm very satisfied with him. Just wish I had at least 1 Vader bust. I dont care which.
Hey man,
If I ever get a regular Vader, I'll sell you my chrome one for what I paid for it.

I strolled into Entertainment Earth early last week looking to buy the Ventress maquette and holiday jawas. They rang me up, but they told me it'll take a few days for them to bring it from the warehouse to the front desk (which sucks... I've bought things there before, and they brought it out immediatly).

So now my card has been charged, but they still can't seem to get their act together and get my stuff from the warehouse to the front desk. I know it's the holidays, and they're more busy than usual, but c'mon... over a week to bring something from one side of the building to the other? Pretty pathetic if you ask me.....

Reefer Shark
11-30-2004, 08:19 PM
Oh crap!

Jayspawn! Go to starwarsshop.com now!!! They show the chrome vader in stock again. Hopefully you get this quick, they won't last.

Jayspawn
11-30-2004, 09:51 PM
Yep, I missed it again. Seems to be the way for me. Is it listed as anything other than vader, chrome or bust? Everytime I check the Shop -nothing.

Thanks Reefer Shark, if you manage to get an extra please let me know. The Chrome one or the regular.

Reefer Shark
11-30-2004, 10:38 PM
Damn.. that sucks. I've just been checking the "resin busts and figures" section daily just in case they get some clone troopers in.

Vader showed up on that page earlier, but he's gone now (as you already know). Sorry bud, I would've just bought one for you, but right now that would overdraw my account :dead:

bobafrett
12-01-2004, 04:16 PM
I picked up the Gammorean Gaurd this afternoon. I'd love to get my hands on one of the chrome figures. I've olso found several stores in my area selling the tiny mini busts. I've got them all except the Leia, but I found a store that might have one in stock, they were closed today.

Reefer Shark
12-02-2004, 09:49 PM
I strolled into Entertainment Earth early last week looking to buy the Ventress maquette and holiday jawas. They rang me up, but they told me it'll take a few days for them to bring it from the warehouse to the front desk (which sucks... I've bought things there before, and they brought it out immediatly).

So now my card has been charged, but they still can't seem to get their act together and get my stuff from the warehouse to the front desk. I know it's the holidays, and they're more busy than usual, but c'mon... over a week to bring something from one side of the building to the other? Pretty pathetic if you ask me.....
Well.... I still don't have my maquette from EE, and I'm very irritated with them right now.

Got an email last night saying "your order is ready for pick up". So I go by there on the way home from work (which is out of the way with brutal traffic). Only to find that my order isn't ready yet, and the warehouse staff has gone home. They say I've made a mistake and read the email wrong "it actually says your order is in process", "we'll call you when it's actually ready".

So first thing I do when I get home is check the email, and it turns out that I didn't read the email wrong, it does say my order is ready for pick up.

I forwarded the email to them stating how unhappy I was with their service, and the fact that when I placed it they said it would only take a few days :rolleyes: If this is how they treat will-call orders, I would hate to see how long it takes to actually get something shipped from them.

This will be the last time I do business with Entertainment Earth.....

Kidhuman
12-02-2004, 09:56 PM
Dude thats bad. I feel for you. I would have asked for them to bring it now. You stated it was ready and it isnt, so they should compensate you in some way for the mess up.

Reefer Shark
12-02-2004, 10:32 PM
Thanks man. I did ask them to bring it out, but the warehouse was closed (or so they say). Plus, at that moment I thought they could be right, and that I did mis-read the email.

I'm over it now though... if they don't have it ready for me tomorrow, I'm cancelling the order and having them refund my card. The maquette isn't HTF, and I don't need the jawas that bad. :beard:

Reefer Shark
12-03-2004, 11:12 PM
Got my Ventress Maquette today. Despite the hassle I went through to get it, I'm very happy with the statue. Very cool!

I also ordered a Dooku bust from Southern Island.com just a few minutes ago. They have a few AOTC busts in stock right now, unfortunately no clones though :(

mm74md
12-06-2004, 11:55 AM
I also ordered a Dooku bust from Southern Island.com just a few minutes ago.

The Dooku bust is the best of the 2002 AOTC busts IMO. I had the Chrome Vader when I signed up for the credit card a long time ago. I didn't like it so I sold it on eBay back when people were going nuts for them. I wish I would have used the money to buy the regular Vader bust since that one is going for like $400 now :eek:

Reefer Shark
12-06-2004, 08:57 PM
Right on, glad to see Dooku get a high rating. Usually I wouldn't go for an armless bust, but his cape kinda hides that. Plus I figured I probably wouldn't see it again at retail price.

I ordered a white Clone Trooper bust from Toy Federation a few minutes ago. A bit overpriced for such a high run bust, but I really wanted it. Been eyeballing it there for a few weeks now, and the coupon on the SSG home page was the last straw. lol

Jayspawn
12-06-2004, 09:43 PM
The Count Dooku bust is one of the best. I really like the Anakin bust too!

mm74md
12-07-2004, 10:28 AM
Chrome Jango In Stock at shop.starwars.com as of 10:30 AM ET

http://shop.starwars.com/Product/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=510

mm74md
12-07-2004, 10:33 AM
Looks like the Padme Maquette ships 12/16 from SW Shop. Just in time for Christmas (I hope). I'm hoping to find Obi-Wan & the ARC Trooper at my local comic book shop.

Reefer Shark
12-07-2004, 10:40 AM
Looks like the Padme Maquette ships 12/16 from SW Shop. Just in time for Christmas (I hope). I'm hoping to find Obi-Wan & the ARC Trooper at my local comic book shop.
Sweet! I have that one on order as well. Then I just need an ARC Trooper and Yoda to complete the set. I'll probably get an Arc at a comic shop like you are mm74md. But the Yodas seem to go fairly cheap on ebay, so I'll probably get him there.

Jayspawn
12-07-2004, 10:40 AM
None of my comic book shops really sell GG merchandise. Occasionally they get in a mini-bust and then sell it for twice the price from the internet.

I really want the Obi-Wan Maquette but I've run out of room for him!

Reefer Shark
12-07-2004, 10:47 AM
The Obi-Wan is awesome. He's the first one I bought, and what convinced me to get the whole set.

Although, he does take up a lot of space with his flowing cape and all.

I have no idea where I'm going to put the other stuff I have coming (2 busts, 1 maquette) as I'm completely out of room too. :crazed:

Jayspawn
12-07-2004, 10:53 AM
I'm out of display AND storage space!

What I need is a giant Hacienda!! :p

dr_evazan22
12-08-2004, 12:45 PM
I went into a new comic shop yesterady and found the Bossk and Gam Guard busts, both at 45$. I was very surprised at both (finding it and the price). They also had the rec clone maquette there, very nice. Looking forward to the statues...

Reefer Shark
12-10-2004, 05:13 PM
My clone trooper arrived yesterday, and I am extremely happy with it! Very cool stuff! Now my sights are on the clone pilot bust... :cool:

I think something went wrong with my order at Southern Island (for the Dooku bust). I haven't been charged yet, and when I login on the website, it doesn't show any orders for my account. I just sent them an email asking to check on this..

Reefer Shark
12-10-2004, 09:04 PM
I think something went wrong with my order at Southern Island (for the Dooku bust). I haven't been charged yet, and when I login on the website, it doesn't show any orders for my account. I just sent them an email asking to check on this..
Southern Island replied to my query. Issue has been resolved, and my bust will be shipped on Monday. :)

Reefer Shark
12-14-2004, 12:03 AM
Star Wars.com has pics up of the Boushh bust, and a new 14" Vader statue due out in May. Here's (http://www.starwars.com/collecting/news/2004/12/news20041213.html) a link to the article.

They look great to me. I want them both!

I got my X-Mas bonus last week so I used that as an excuse to get another bust. :crazed: I snatched up a Luke Stormtrooper for a fairly decent price on ebay. I'm still looking for the clone pilot bust as well.

Jayspawn
12-14-2004, 12:13 AM
OH OH OH!!!!! Could this be Sideshow's upcoming Darth Vader Statue??? If so I'm buying!!!!

Jayspawn
12-14-2004, 12:16 AM
Scratch that. Its Gentle Giant's! I dont know whats going to be better. Sideshows or GGs. The Leia as Boushh bust looks amazing! Though I do wish they would have a Classic Leia in white minibust before this one.

[DSS]Pedr0
12-14-2004, 07:23 AM
I get pretty good deals on these as well as the statues. Check out my forums in the Gentle Giants section. Members get discounts.
Also, anyone looking for a cheap Luke or Stormtrooper, go here. Low $30s

http://www.darksidenet.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=104

[DSS]Pedr0
12-15-2004, 09:50 PM
You guys saw the new 14" vader statue from GG right?? Heres some more info if needed. Its near the bottom.

http://www.darksidenet.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=105

Jayspawn
12-16-2004, 10:54 AM
Knowing GG, its gonna be a while before they get the Vader Statue out as well as the Leia Boush Bust. They still have yet to release the IG-88, Sandtrooper, and C-3PO (which should be soon). I'm really looking forward to that one!

I reallly want to see pictures of Sideshow's Vader Statue so I can decide which I'm going to buy.

Jayspawn
12-16-2004, 10:56 AM
Oh, I'm sure everybody got GG's newsletter that just went out. It was basically reminding everyone that an email will go out as soon as the Han as Stormtrooper Bust will be ready.

Reefer Shark
12-16-2004, 11:11 AM
I reallly want to see pictures of Sideshow's Vader Statue so I can decide which I'm going to buy.
I'm in the same boat. I really cant afford both, but I have a feeling I'm gonna end up getting both.

Regarding the Han Stormtrooper bust. How do you get that one? I thought I signed up for the club, but I haven't seen any emails yet. When I signed up, all they had me do was enter my email address. Is that what you had to do?

Jayspawn
12-16-2004, 11:14 AM
Thats all you have to do. The Han in Stormtrooper Bust email will be emailed out only to those who subscribe to the newsletter. The Han Bust will be IN STOCK when the email goes out. Should be later this month.

PM me your email address Reefer Shark -I'll forward the latest newsletter to you,

Reefer Shark
12-16-2004, 06:21 PM
PM sent.

Thanks bud!!

Reefer Shark
12-17-2004, 04:51 PM
Sweet! My Dooku bust arrived today. Not the favorite in my collection, but I do really like it. I'm happy I scored it at retail price.

One of the reasons I wanted it was because I know they'll eventually release Maul & Palpatine. Gotta have the whole Sith collection!

[DSS]Pedr0
12-19-2004, 11:13 PM
Anyone still looking for a White, Green or Stormtrooper mini-bust relatively cheap?

http://www.darksidenet.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=74

Also, another member is looking to get rid of a Boba Fett mini-bust too, just look in the thread below mine.

Reefer Shark
12-20-2004, 12:03 AM
Damn, I just spent $109.00 on a white clone a few weeks back. Now I really wish I had waited.

If I had the $$$, I would buy your green clone Pedr0. Sadly, X-Mas has left me broken :dead:

mm74md
12-21-2004, 10:27 AM
Damn, I just spent $109.00 on a white clone a few weeks back. Now I really wish I had waited.

Don't feel to bad, I bid on two a few months back on eBay and won them both...one for $75 & one for $50! I of course paid for them both even though I got sick when I sent the Paypal payment for the $75 one. So I have an extra White Clone in a storage box.

If I had the $$$, I would buy your green clone Pedr0. Sadly, X-Mas has left me broken :dead:

I must have missed the post, how much are you asking for the Green Trooper Pedr0?

On another note, SWS sent my shipping confirmation email for my Padme statue. It's set to arrive on 12/24 and my freakin' company's mail room is closed for the day!!!! I'll have to wait until Monday to get this baby.

Reefer Shark
12-21-2004, 11:59 AM
I received my Luke Stormy bust today (purchased from ebay). Weeeeee! I think I've gone a bit overboard with these busts....

I must have missed the post, how much are you asking for the Green Trooper Pedr0?
He's listed the prices on another website, go back to his post for the link. ($70 for the Green Clone).

On another note, SWS sent my shipping confirmation email for my Padme statue. It's set to arrive on 12/24 and my freakin' company's mail room is closed for the day!!!! I'll have to wait until Monday to get this baby.
I just got my confirmation too, but mine says it will arrive on the 21st. Sweet! SWS's warehouse must be close by my place, 'cause it seems everything I order has a one day shipping time.

Reefer Shark
12-21-2004, 06:57 PM
Yep, got my Padme maquette today. I haven't busted it out yet 'cause I'm still at work. Mine is numbered 249 of 1000.

[DSS]Pedr0
12-21-2004, 11:30 PM
The 3 busts are still available to anyone.

mm74md
12-22-2004, 10:46 AM
Yep, got my Padme maquette today. I haven't busted it out yet 'cause I'm still at work. Mine is numbered 249 of 1000.

Let us know who it looks...if I don't get mine Friday it's going to be a long weekend waiting for this present to arrive on Monday

mm74md
12-22-2004, 10:56 AM
Pedr0']The 3 busts are still available to anyone.
I just PM'd you!

Reefer Shark
12-22-2004, 12:48 PM
Let us know who it looks...if I don't get mine Friday it's going to be a long weekend waiting for this present to arrive on Monday
It looks great! Much better than I had expected.

I've got her next to Obi and Asajj, and they all look fantastic. I really wish I could get the Arc, and Yoda maquettes now as well. Ah well, they'll have to wait till more money rolls in.....

[DSS]Pedr0
12-22-2004, 07:04 PM
I just PM'd you!
Replied, sorry for delay, was at work all day today.

Jayspawn
12-28-2004, 10:35 AM
Rebelscum.com as some NEW detailed pictures of Gentle Giant's upcoming Darth Vader Statue from Episode III: Revenge of the Sith! I'm still waiting to see what Sideshow's Vader Statue will look like.

But I think GG's Vader looks incredible! It comes out in May.

Turbowars
12-28-2004, 11:49 AM
Yep and here' the pic's. I have one on order.

mm74md
12-28-2004, 12:51 PM
Yep and here' the pic's. I have one on order.

Me too. It's alot of $$$ and the long preorder will let me save up the extra cash. With shipping at AFX it's like $194.50.

mm74md
12-28-2004, 01:07 PM
It looks great! Much better than I had expected.

I've got her next to Obi and Asajj, and they all look fantastic. I really wish I could get the Arc, and Yoda maquettes now as well. Ah well, they'll have to wait till more money rolls in.....

Mine came yesterday. She makes me feel kinda funny, like when we used to climb the rope in gym class. These things rock. I'm seriously considering selling off my Hasbro stuff & getting all the statues/busts. They feel more grown up to me, but my wife still calls them toys.

I want to get the Obi-Wan & ARC Trooper. I haven't seen either of them at my comic shop or at Suncoast yet. I got Yoda for $29 & Asajj for $39 off of eBay before they ever arrived locallay. I'm still waiting on a deal on the 2 I don't have.

dr_evazan22
12-28-2004, 02:23 PM
@$#@$!%^$%#@!!!!! (that's a whole bunch of angry cursing!)

First, I'm still getting 'forbidden' error messages from RS. Then I come here and I can't view the pics because I have an invalid access level. WTF!!!!!

So then I came to the thread here.... Sweet! I almost want to get it now! The problem that I have is that there are just 3 poses for DV: standing, neutral; swinging his saber of justice; or as displayed here with the hand out. What REALLY sells this one is the level of detail in the costume and the wind blowing his cape. We'll see.

mm - The shop I got my Gam Guard from has the ARC at full retail, $80. I can PM name and phone if you like.

mm74md
12-29-2004, 04:14 PM
I was surprised to see C-3PO's shiny face peeking through the little box today at Suncoast. More surprising was the fact that he was only $39.99. Very cool piece and a great price.

Also found some of the Series 2 Bust Ups. I ended up with 2 Vaders (both varients). If anyone comes across an duplicate Dooku, I'll buy it from you for cost + shipping!

mm74md
12-29-2004, 04:18 PM
mm - The shop I got my Gam Guard from has the ARC at
full retail, $80. I can PM name and phone if you like.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll wait for now since I just bought C-3PO & the Green Clone Trooper off of [DSS]Pedr0. I'm selling my 3 3/4" figures now to have money for these things! Plus, I am dying to get my hands on the Sideshow Gimli statue $$$$ kaaaa-ching!

[DSS]Pedr0
12-29-2004, 07:02 PM
Me too. It's alot of $$$ and the long preorder will let me save up the extra cash. With shipping at AFX it's like $194.50.I will be getting these at $179 shipped.

mm74md
12-30-2004, 09:13 AM
Pedr0']I will be getting these at $179 shipped.

From where, if you don't mind sharing???

mm74md
12-30-2004, 09:15 AM
FYI - The official GG newsletter stated that the Han Solo Stormtrooper Bust will not be out until late January at the earliest due to technical issues with their shopping site.

[DSS]Pedr0
12-30-2004, 06:29 PM
From where, if you don't mind sharing???
My store. go to my forums and look at the GG thread. www.darksidenet.net (http://www.darksidenet.net)

mm74md
01-11-2005, 11:51 AM
I can't seem to find anymore Bust Ups Series 2. I'm in need of Count Dooku & Royal Guard. Oddly enough I picked up the last 6 in my local Suncoast & got both Vaders & both Mauls. I have none to trade, but if any of you have doubles of these please let me know!

sith_killer_99
01-11-2005, 12:22 PM
I wouldn't sweat it. These were scheduled for a January release, I am sure the market will be flooded with them over the next month or two.

Unfortunatly, Suncoast seems to be the only brick and morter store selling them, so you may have to resort to on-line sources.

BTW, did you buy the exclusive Bust-ups Stormtroopers from shopstarwars.com? Each Stormtrooper has 8 different poses! I bought mine a week or two ago and they still haven't arrived. They probably haven't shipped yet. :(

Jayspawn
01-11-2005, 12:52 PM
I thought that the Stormtrooper Bust-Up set had a January shipping date -things usually ship late anyways.

Has anyone recieved their C-3PO mini-bust yet? Should be anytime now.

mm74md
01-11-2005, 02:01 PM
Has anyone recieved their C-3PO mini-bust yet? Should be anytime now.

I got mine at Suncoast a few days ago. It's really nice. C-3PO isn't my favorite character so I'm not drooling over it like some of my other busts.

Jayspawn
01-11-2005, 05:43 PM
I saw some today at Suncoast as well. Very nice looking. I wonder whats keeping the websites. Saw all of Bust-Ups Series2 there too! Hard to tell them appart becuase they all wear black.

[DSS]Pedr0
01-11-2005, 08:41 PM
mm74md - Your bust should arrive tomorrow. Sorry for the delay. Hope you like it.

Jayspawn
01-14-2005, 10:48 AM
Hey did anybody pick up the Chrome Stormtrooper Bust at the Shop? Even though I'm a HUGE Stormtrooper fan, I actually passed. The color bust is so awesome- how can 1 color compare?

I wish they would get one of the Vader busts back in stock.

Reefer Shark
01-14-2005, 10:53 AM
I passed on the chrome stormy for the same reasons you did Jayspawn.

Besides, with the Han Stormtrooper and IG88 busts about to come out, plus the fact that I still need a few Clone Wars Maquettes - my Gentle Giant budget is shot.

Jayspawn
01-14-2005, 11:31 AM
Mine too.

Between the IG-88, Han Stormtrooper, Boussh Leia, and Sandtrooper Mini-Busts, AND the Darth Vader and C-3PO Statues AND the Episode III: Revenge of the Sith Mini-Busts my Gentle Giant Budget is shot!

sith_killer_99
01-14-2005, 09:25 PM
I just don't think the chrome busts are all that good looking.

Besides, I just got my Luke Stormtrooper. I still need:

Biker Scout
Han Stormtrooper (soon, please let it be soon!)
IG-88
Series 2 Bust-Ups
Exclusive Bust-Up Stormtroopers from shopstarwars.com (on order)

:crazed: :D

Turbowars
01-14-2005, 09:41 PM
Yeah I'm passing on these chrome deals. They look kind of cheap to me and besides if I got one I would have to have them all.

Since it rained for 2 weeks straight here in Southern CA I only worked 2 days and there is no $ for SW crap. I just hope I have some before the Han Stormy comes out. Can anyone order one for me? Help!!

mm74md
01-17-2005, 10:20 AM
Pedr0']mm74md - Your bust should arrive tomorrow. Sorry for the delay. Hope you like it.

Hey. I sent you an email & PM about this last week. Could you follow up with me?

bobafrett
01-18-2005, 11:38 AM
I've been debating on if I really want to pick up a chrome Stormtrooper, after all, I have three of the Stormtroopers already, and with some of the other GG busts coming out, I really need to watch what I am spending on these.

Besides CIII is right around the corner, and I haven't bought my tickets to that yet.

Jayspawn
01-18-2005, 09:49 PM
I havnt bought my ticket yet either. I wonder if GG will have a set up there?

I picked up the Stormtrooper Bust-Up tonight. Nice trinket but not that impressed.

bobafrett
01-19-2005, 10:56 AM
I havnt bought my ticket yet either. I wonder if GG will have a set up there?

I picked up the Stormtrooper Bust-Up tonight. Nice trinket but not that impressed.

At CII they had a set up there. They would scan your face, and if your name got drawn, the lucky winner could get their likeness done as a GG bust. I think a fellow 501st trooper won, I never did see his final bust.

As far as the Stormtrooper Bust-Up, you are talking about those mini plastic ones, correct? I mean I have three of the $50 Stormtrooper busts, which I really like.

dr_evazan22
01-19-2005, 05:24 PM
O ordered the chrome Stormie last week. I tracked the package at about 9:10a this morning, and about 5 mins later the truck pulled up to deliver it.

It's my first chrome bust. I think it loks pretty cool.

Jayspawn
01-19-2005, 11:35 PM
No I was talking about the small, plastic Bust-Up.

My online store STILL has not charged me for the C-3PO Bust! I wonder whats keeping them.

sith_killer_99
01-25-2005, 07:04 PM
This was just posted at RS, there is a new chase figure in the mix for Bust-ups. The new "Blackhole Stormtrooper" was discovered in a shipment from shopstarwars.com, not too much is known about the new chase figure. There are no pics yet.

It is probably only available through the fan club exclusive Stormtrooper 3 pack, since this is the first report of one showing up and it was from SSW. It is also unknown how many exist. My first order of Stormies has been sent and should be here tomorrow. However, after hearing about this I went ahead and ordered my second six pack of Stormie Bust-ups, along with a Silver Sandtrooper with Star Case and a Holiday Yoda.

If anyone finds pics of this new chase figure please post a link.

Good luck to all who ordered these cool SSW exclusives. :D

Jayspawn
01-25-2005, 09:56 PM
But 'what' exactly IS a Blackhole Stormtrooper?

Reefer Shark
01-25-2005, 10:00 PM
That's what I've been wondering since it was posted at RS.

[DSS]Pedr0
01-25-2005, 10:34 PM
Old EU comics. All Black colored Stormtroopers. Coruscant stationed I believe.

Turbowars
01-25-2005, 10:34 PM
Yeah you would think the the guy on RS would have told us what it is if he really did have one.

Kidhuman
01-25-2005, 10:43 PM
It was probably an empty box and the stormtrooper fell into the black hole. Either that or when he opened it it fell into a huge hole and is lost forever.

Reefer Shark
01-26-2005, 01:44 AM
Pedr0']Old EU comics. All Black colored Stormtroopers. Coruscant stationed I believe.

Ah yeah, now that I think about it, I believe I remember a comic cover with some black Stormys surrounding Mara Jade a few years ago. Am I way off on that one?

-----

They're having a great sale on some GG SW stuff at Southern Island.com (http://www.southernisland.com/category.aspx?categoryid=39&startpage=0). I just ordered a Clone Wars Arc Trooper maquette for $50.93, and a Yoda maquette for $28.88. That completes my Clone Wars maquette collection! :D

They have the other maquettes, and a few mini busts on sale as well. The also have the Previews Sandcrawler for $31.50. Head on over there before word gets out and it's all gone!

sith_killer_99
01-26-2005, 07:07 AM
I remember a comic cover with Black Stormies as well, don't recall Mara though. :confused:

Jayspawn
01-26-2005, 10:41 AM
White Stormies forever!

For some reason my online dealer has not shipped my C-3PO bust. Anybody else recieve theirs yet?

Turbowars
01-26-2005, 07:45 PM
Got my C-3PO from EE last week.

sith_killer_99
01-26-2005, 09:40 PM
Well, I recieved my SSW exclusive Stormtrooper Bust-Ups today (No Blackhole Stormie). But these things rock!

I have to say these blow away series 1 Bust-Ups! The material is more of a soft plastic than a hard resin material, and the detail is amazing for such a small figure. SSW claims these have 8 different poses possible, but I am sure I can come up with many more that look good!

My second order of these should be sent out soon, I am looking forward to it! Maybe I will even be fortunate enough to get a blackhole Stormie. :D

Sith Lord 0498
01-27-2005, 05:02 PM
Does anyone know if Gentle Giant will be doing any Revenge of the Sith mini busts this year (Anakin, Sidious, Grievous, etc.)?

Reefer Shark
01-27-2005, 06:42 PM
No word yet, but I'd be willing to bet they will. I'm really looking forward to a new-style Clone Trooper bust myself.

Oh yeah sith_killer,
You were right. I found that old comic with the black hole Stormies on it. It was an issue of Crimson Empire, and they were surrounding the main baddie from the series (I forgot his name...).

Jayspawn
01-27-2005, 10:46 PM
I heard that GG was going to have "Episode III" merchandise ready. But they didnt say at all as to what. Blah! I want some pictures!!!!

gsr-jedi
01-27-2005, 11:36 PM
I'm assuming GG will have the ROTS stuff up to see at ToyFair. They have pictures of the blackhole Stormtrooper bust-up over at RS. Looks pretty craptacular in my opinion. If I can get one fairly cheap, then sure, but I won't go to any great lengths to track it down. Looks like a regular Stormtrooper that's been spray-painted.

sith_killer_99
01-28-2005, 01:52 AM
Yeah, it does look like someone hit it with a can of spray paint. :(

I also noticed that Steve has a different Blackhole Stormtrooper on the front page. I wonder if GG is doing all 3 variations of their SSW Stormtrooper in black. Has anyone else gotten these yet? The site says there are 8 possible combos, but I am sure there are more, I'd say it's closer to 10-12.

sith_killer_99
01-28-2005, 09:12 PM
GG has updated their site, they have the new release schedule posted, here is what they have listed:

January
Chewbacca Statue
IG-88 Mini Bust

February
C-3PO Statue
Bust-Ups series 3

March
No new product

They also have a great new pic of the upcoming Darth Vader statue on their banner. They say that the Darth Vader statue is to commemorate the release of ROTS.

Oh, and their online shopping cart is now set up for anyone who wants to buy directly from GG!!! Yeah!!!! :D

gsr-jedi
01-28-2005, 10:06 PM
Yeah, the shopping cart is set up, so the Padme maquette is available if anyone doesn't have her yet. The Han in Stormtrooper will be available on Monday, January 31st around 9:30am PST.

sith_killer_99
01-30-2005, 06:45 PM
Did anyone else buy Series 2 Bust-Ups from AFX? I'm just wondering because I have yet to get mine in the mail. I had to got with AFX just because I relly like the looks of their exclusive Vader and Maul!!! It's funny, I didn't like the clear or glow-in-the-dark Bust-Ups, but these "holo" Bust-Ups look cool!!! :cool:

BTW, I just got my Biker Scout, and another deluxe Stormtrooper, Biker Scout rocks!

Tomorrow is the big day! Who else is predicting "problems" with getting orders in? I just hope I can get Han before he sells out. :)

My collection has really grown since my first deluxe Stormtrooper a couple months ago.

Stormtrooper Deluxe X2
Luke in Stormtrooper Disguise
Luke X-Wing
Bossk
Biker Scout
Series 1 Bust-Ups (complete with chase Leia, no clear or glow bust-ups)
Series 2 Bust-Ups on order
Stormtrooper Bust-Ups SSW.com exclusive 6 in hand and 6 more on order.

I have decided to stick with the OT mini busts and Bust-Ups.

gsr-jedi
01-30-2005, 08:31 PM
I didn't order the series 2 bust-ups from AFX, but I did order the Vader & Maul set from them. I got an e-mail last Monday saying, they would ship in 4-7 days. Well it's almost 7 days later in I'm yet to receive any sort of shipping confirmation or tracking number, so I don't know what's going on. I'll probably contact them on Tuesday.

I think the main problem will be if a lot of people try to get him right at 9:30, and their server can't handle it. I wonder if it will be limited to 1 per person. I heard the Luke bust stayed up on their site for a couple days, but we saw what happened with the chrome Stormtrooper on SWS. I have no idea how it's gonna be.

Jayspawn
01-30-2005, 10:32 PM
They should be ready to handle the onslaught of orders, they've been working on the server for a few months now. Fingers crossed.

Tomorrow is the day! Get your credit cards ready!

Jayspawn
01-31-2005, 12:49 PM
Ok, GG. Where the hell is the link????

gsr-jedi
01-31-2005, 12:51 PM
This is Gentle Giant we're talking about here.

Jayspawn
01-31-2005, 12:59 PM
Alright, its been half an hour now...

Jayspawn
01-31-2005, 01:52 PM
Alright, its been half an hour now...

Ok then, its been long over an hour and I cant wait any longer. I have to go to work and get on with my day. Hopefully 9 hours from now when I get off work, the bust will still be available. BUT if for some reason the bust sells out while I'm gone, I'll never let GG hear the end of it. I'll take em down to China Town! I actually thought GG would be able to pull this off. :ermm:

Wish me luck! Good luck to everyone else!

gsr-jedi
01-31-2005, 01:54 PM
Yeah, I've gotta head to work now also. If it sells out before I get home, they will be making me a Han in Stormtrooper bust. I don't care what they say.

Jayspawn
01-31-2005, 01:58 PM
Damn straight.

mm74md
01-31-2005, 04:27 PM
Still waiting....

My luck it will be posted on my way home tonight!

sith_killer_99
01-31-2005, 07:57 PM
Hold on...checking my e-mail...

No worries there.

I say give it a week or two, then they will put out an "update" on the Han Solo Stormtrooper mini bust. Something along the lines of "We hope to have everything ready in early February". Hahaha...yeah right!

Hey, if SSW.com couldn't get it right the first time around whatever made us think that GG could make it happen. Nevermind the fact that hundreds of small businesses do it every day. :rolleyes:

This is a serious black eye on GG! You would hope that they would have straightened out their on-line purchasing before they tried to make something like this happen. At least give it a real run for a few weeks before they tried something like this. My wife went to their website earlier today and said there was a message that the "shopping cart" was down.

:Pirate:

Grr, GG is making me mad!

gsr-jedi
01-31-2005, 09:26 PM
Supposedly it's on for tomorrow.

Jayspawn
01-31-2005, 11:23 PM
Thats sucks, because I wont be around at all tomorrow.

Yeah, I'm sure we'll get a letter of appology from GG for screwing up sooo badly. You're right sith killer, its a black eye and a kick in the arse. They should have fixed their site BEFORE they had this kind of offer, letting down I'm sure hundreds of people waiting to order.

Jayspawn
02-01-2005, 12:01 AM
How do you know its tomorrow gsr jedi? If you got any message from GG please send it my way.

gsr-jedi
02-01-2005, 01:51 AM
I've not yet got a letter from GG, but I've heard from others that have received an e-mail. Hopefully it is tomorrow. I'm gonna have my mom check my web-mail, since I can't stay home again. Hopefully these last a while, and all this hoopla was for nothing.

Jayspawn
02-01-2005, 09:27 AM
Well fingers crossed.

Reefer Shark
02-01-2005, 12:53 PM
Good news! The link is up now!

Bad news... everytime I try to add it to my cart it says "the operation timed out when trying to connect to orderwave.com" or something like that...

Boooooo! C'mon GG, get it together already..

mm74md
02-01-2005, 02:01 PM
I can add it to my cart, but can't checkout!!!!!!

mm74md
02-01-2005, 02:13 PM
Their server (orderwave.com) is down....but wait...

We're sorry, but the server is very busy helping other customers... please come back later!

So lame :(

Reefer Shark
02-01-2005, 03:01 PM
I'm getting the same message. Lame indeed.

I really hope I dont miss out on this one....

Reefer Shark
02-01-2005, 04:40 PM
So has anyone actually been able to order this thing yet?

I've been trying to order this thing at work all day (instead of actually working... ;)), and just keep getting the same message..

mm74md
02-01-2005, 04:41 PM
I just placed my order. You must use Internet Explorer. I had been using Netscape.

I opened IE & had no problems ordering.

HURRY UP!!!!!!

sith_killer_99
02-01-2005, 05:42 PM
I used IE and still nothing...well, I keep getting "server is busy" when I try to add it to my cart, then when I try to view my cart it says "We are unable to take orders at this time".

AAARRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! :mad:

Reefer Shark
02-01-2005, 07:24 PM
AARRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ! :mad:

I feel the same way sith_killer.... I've been try all day long (with IE). It's been a lot of fun clicking that lame link all day for nothing.... :rolleyes: For me, it seems to cycle through "server is busy", "page cannot be displayed", and "lasso error".

In other GG news, I got my 2 boxes of bust up stormys from SWS.com today. The bust ups are pretty nice.

And over the weekend I bought the set of bust ups series 2, and Yoda from series 1, and a con-exclusive Clone Pilot bust from a local scalper joint. I probably paid too much for the Clone Pilot ($100), but I've been wanting that one for a while now, so I'm happy to have it!:)

gsr-jedi
02-01-2005, 08:27 PM
My mom got through ordering one but got the "Lasso" error before the confirmation, but her account was charged the $50.03 by Gentle Giant Studios; so I should be getting one.

Reefer Shark, are you referring to the ToyFare exclusive blue clone pilot bust-up, or the regular mini-bust?

Reefer Shark
02-01-2005, 08:57 PM
My mom got through ordering one but got the "Lasso" error before the confirmation, but her account was charged the $50.03 by Gentle Giant Studios; so I should be getting one.

Congrats on getting the Han bust. I've been trying since around 9:45am, and no luck for me... I did get to the order page a little while ago, but it locked up, and eventually went back to the same old "the server is busy" message. :mad:

Reefer Shark, are you referring to the ToyFare exclusive blue clone pilot bust-up, or the regular mini-bust?

I'm talking about the regular Clone Pilot minibust (I think it was a San Diego Comic Con exclusive), there's no way I would pay $100 for any bust up. I thought the bust up was just a regular blue clone trooper (not a pilot). If they made a clone pilot bust up, that'll make another to add to my want list!

Jayspawn
02-01-2005, 09:51 PM
The server is too busy! I CANT PLACE MY ORDER!

Jayspawn
02-02-2005, 12:49 AM
This just sucks! I just want to order the damn bust!!!!!! Server busy! Server busy! Server busy!

Reefer Shark
02-02-2005, 01:48 AM
What a joke. Looking at the "server is busy" all day has made me a tired person......

nighty-night :zzz:

Jayspawn
02-02-2005, 09:58 AM
You said it Reefer Shark! Here it is, first thing early in the morning and the server is STILL too busy!!!

Jayspawn
02-02-2005, 10:33 AM
We're sorry, but the server is very busy helping other customers... please come back later!

I still cant order the bust?!?!?! Is there some special trick to doing this? That does it, I'm emailing GG and reminding them of what they already know. Curse you!

ds6161
02-02-2005, 10:46 AM
I can't find any details on the Han Stormy..
Does he come with other arms & gun or is only the helmet holding pose??

thankz

Jayspawn
02-02-2005, 10:52 AM
He only comes in the 1 pose. Which is fine with me if only I could order the damn thing! Apparently there have been some success stories over at the Rebelscum Forums.

Reefer Shark
02-02-2005, 11:18 AM
Hey!

I actually got an order through this morning, yay!!!! It almost seems to good to be true!

Jayspawn
02-02-2005, 11:28 AM
How did you do it? Did you just keep clicking Add To Cart, Add To Cart, Add To Cart??

Reefer Shark
02-02-2005, 12:02 PM
Yeah, I just kept clicking "add to cart", and it finally actually added it to my cart (imagine that!).

sith_killer_99
02-02-2005, 12:05 PM
Well, I tried several times this morning and still nothing! My wife is still trying, while I am at work.

All I know is that if I can't get one of these because of their messed up website I will be through with GG for good. All my current stuff will be gone within a week and I will never spend another penny on their merchandise, no matter how cool it may be. :mad:

Jayspawn
02-02-2005, 12:06 PM
I'm going on over 2 hours clicking Add to Cart, and clicking, and clicking and CLICKING!!!!

Jayspawn
02-02-2005, 12:31 PM
Its now been OVER 2 1/2 hours of clicking Add to Cart.

Reefer Shark
02-02-2005, 12:35 PM
Damn dude, that sucks! I just tried again for kicks, and it let me right in.

Here, try this link and see if this works for ya:

http://www.gentlegiantltd.com/catalog/?id=6569

mm74md
02-02-2005, 01:09 PM
It seems to be all fine now. I can get in Netscape or IE. Make sure you clear your cache!

Jayspawn
02-02-2005, 01:13 PM
YES! FINALLY!!!

At 3 hours, 14 minuets of clicking, and clicking, and clicking I FINALLY got through! My order is finally in! I'm gonna go have a heart attack now.

After I recieve my Han Bust in the mail I'm gonna come down on GG like brimstone for this!!!

sith_killer_99
02-02-2005, 06:43 PM
Thanks Reefer Shark!!! :D

I caught your post and called the wife (she had my credit/debit card)! She got through right away.

I got my confirmation e-mail (I ordered 2 day air mail) so it went through! :D

BTW, did anyone send GG an e-mail about the problem yesterday? I did, here is the response I got:

Dear Damon,

Thank you for your email.

Please note we are currently experiencing heavy traffic flow to that
link
and we are working on all errors that you may get while going through
the
checkout process. We ask that you please be patient while we fix this
issue. Please keep trying the link.

Sincerely,
Gentle Giant Customer Service

www.gentlegiantltd.com

Disclaimer: All answers to requests for speculative or hypothetical
situations regarding future products or promotions are subject to the
constantly changing environment of consumer products. Therefore, a
response
that is accurate today may be inaccurate tomorrow. Thank you for
understanding.

Nice that they used my name in the e-mail, it had a personal touch to it, but the disclaimer seemed like a cover-all to me "a response that is accurate today may be inaccurate tomorrow". LOL :p

LOL, who care, at least I got to order my Han Stormtrooper.

On the down side I was hoping to order a second one for someone here on the board, hopefully I can get an order in tomorrow. I will be up at 4 am Eastern time (Midnight EST). So I may still have a shot. One per order, per person, per day...well, I guess that helps keep the scalpers at bay. :crazed:

Reefer Shark
02-02-2005, 08:13 PM
Right on sith_killer, glad to be of some help! :) I emailed GG yesterday in the height of my frustration, but I didn't get any kind of response. I also didn't get a confirmation email on the bust, I hope I actually get it!

I was planning on trying tommorrow for someone else on the boards as well (hopefully it's not the same person).

So it's been a very GG week for me. First, my big haul over the weekend, then finally got my Han order through, and also today:

My package arrived from Southern Island.com. The Arc Trooper and Yoda Maquettes are fantastic IMO, I love them! I'm so glad I saw that sale over at Southern Island. Anyone who has any interest in these should head over there. Their selling off all maquettes at dealer cost!!

Oh, and I also picked up a regular version Vader bust up at a local comic shop today..... have... to... stop... spending... money...

Jayspawn
02-02-2005, 09:11 PM
Yeah I'm glad I finally got my Han Bust order in. What a nightmare! I checked my account at I've been charged for it, so I guess I'm getting one. We'll see how fast they get here.

None of my Collector/Comic shops have the Vader Bust -I wish I had one (no thanks to GG) You must have dropped a load on that Reefer Shark.

Jayspawn
02-02-2005, 09:13 PM
On the plus side, my C-3PO bust is on the way, should be here on Friday. Does it come with a free Bust-Up?

Reefer Shark
02-02-2005, 09:23 PM
None of my Collector/Comic shops have the Vader Bust -I wish I had one (no thanks to GG) You must have dropped a load on that Reefer Shark.

Nah, it's just the small plastic bust up ($5). Only reason I wanted it was because I got the variant with my set, and I'm a Vader freak so I figured might as well have both.

I wish I could afford to get the regular bust! I've never actually seen one of those in person. I did however get lucky and scored a chrome one from sws.com.

BTW: I love your sig line. How did you decipher that? Was it from the novelization or something?

Jayspawn
02-02-2005, 10:53 PM
Actually its just that I've seen The Phantom Menace so many times I can understand everything JarJar and the other Gungans say per word. Its pretty cool!

gsr-jedi
02-02-2005, 11:16 PM
Sounds like we all were able to get the Han bust eventually. It looks like it will be up for a while, but only because nobody could get through and actually order one for about the first day & a half.

mm74md
02-03-2005, 10:23 AM
My credit card was charnged for the bust right after I ordered it, but I looked at my card account today and there is no charge?!?!? Only time will tell!

Jayspawn
02-03-2005, 12:27 PM
That sometimes happens when you order from certain websites. It happens everytime I order from BigBadToyStore.com. Theres a charge, theres no change, theres a charge and then it arrives. Funny thing.

Reefer Shark
02-03-2005, 04:37 PM
Well, my order definitely did go through.... my bust showed up today! Wow, talk about fast shipping. I ordered Fedex ground, and it arrived in one day. I guess it pays to live close to GG!

Let me just say, this bust is awesome! I like it much better than the Luke Stormy bust. One thing of note, Han's helmet is a seperate piece, like the Luke X-Wing pilot. I'm very happy with this one, and take back all the bad things I thought about GG over the past few days! :D

mm74md
02-03-2005, 04:47 PM
Well, my order definitely did go through.... my bust showed up today! Wow, talk about fast shipping. I ordered Fedex ground, and it arrived in one day. I guess it pays to live close to GG!

They sent you the bust before sent you your tracking/shipping confirmation email! That's funny. Can't wait to get mine all the way over on the east coast. Just got my confirmation number.

Jayspawn
02-03-2005, 06:45 PM
Well then it should be soon to recieve it for the rest of us. Good to hear!

sith_killer_99
02-03-2005, 09:17 PM
Yeah, from the sound of it these things were all boxed up and ready for shipping labels to be slapped on them before any orders were placed!

Good call by GG! :D

Reefer Shark
02-03-2005, 09:28 PM
I just set up the bust in my cabinet, looks great with Luke and the other troopers! :D

But doing so, I accidentally hit my Obi-Wan Maquette lightsaber blade, and broke it off the little base that connects it to the handle... :frus: This really sucks.. I'm gonna email GG and see if they'll sell me a replacement.....

Jayspawn
02-03-2005, 11:51 PM
Ouch!

I just got my tracking email from GG, should be here in 5 days. I'm in no hurry. My C-3PO bust should be arriving tomorrow while I'm at work.

[Davin Felth]
02-04-2005, 08:09 PM
Hi guys, I'm all the way from the UK so i hope you have a little sympathy for me as regards getting these fine pieces of art. I only collect items associated with Stormtroopers so it kinda keeps my bank account out of the red, but when i noticed the chrome and gold sandtrooper on ebay i was sorley tempted but $3000 is way too much for me. I've got the han, luke, deluxe stormtrooper and Uk chrome trooper busts so i have a big grin on my face :D . I would however like to ask a question, does anyone know the release date for the sandtrooper (orange pauldron) and is there going to be a white pauldron version as in this picture. I ask as gentle giant seem to be all over the place when it comes to release dates. I always get things at least a month after you guys :( .

http://img224.exs.cx/img224/6712/sandtrooper5ny.jpg

Jayspawn
02-05-2005, 01:20 AM
Hey! My C-3PO bust arrived today, right on schedule! I recieved 1557/8000. And I must say he's very impressive! Probably one of my favorites!

Not sure when the Sandtrooper Bust is supposed to be released. I know IG-88 is up next (soon infact) and should be the Sandtrooper after him.

sith_killer_99
02-05-2005, 11:15 AM
Well, I got my Bust-Ups series 2 from AFX yesterday and I must say I am very happy!

I ordered the case of 12 and got the free holographic Sith Lords! All in all I got 12 unique Bust-Ups:

1. Darth Maul (X2)
2. Darth Maul variant
3. Darth Maul Holograph
4. Darth Vader (X2)
5. Darth Vader variant
6. Darth Vader Holograph
7. Royal Guard
8. Darth Tyranus/Count Dooku
9. Darth Sidious/Palpatine
10. Stormtrooper pose 1
11. Stormtrooper pose 2
12. Stormtrooper pose 3

I was hoping that each 12 pack would ship with a variant of Maul and Vader. The free holographic figures definatly made this purchase worth the money!

BTW, I have an extra Darth Vader and a Darth Maul Bust-up (regular versions) if anyone is interested in them just shoot me a PM.

I can't wait to get my Han Stormtrooper so that I can put all my GG Stormtroopers together and get a shot. that's:

Deluxe Stormtrooper (X2)
Luke Stormtrooper
Han Stormtooper
Stormtrooper Bust Ups (X15) (12 SSW.com and 3 Series 2)

As for the Sandtrooper, we will have to wait and see, I am hoping for something along the lines of the Deluxe Stormtrooper with interchangable arms and maybe interchangable pauldrons in 4 different colors!!! Their website says nothing new for March. The earliest we may see the Sandtrooper will probably be June or July. That's just a guess based on the current release schedule and the movie coming out in May, which means they will probably be concentrating on other things more closely related to the new film.

sith_killer_99
02-05-2005, 07:02 PM
DIE FedEx DIE!

Can anyone explain to me how a shipment sent out on the 3rd can arrive on the 7th with 2 day mail? :confused:

I hope they choke on my package!!! :evil:

Just to add insult to injury the package left FedEx in Louisville at 0630 this morning...that's just 35 miles away and it won't be here until monday by 1630!!! That means it takes them 58 hours to go 35 miles!!! ARRRGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I am so frustrated right now it isn't even funny.

All I know is that FedEx will never stiff me out of good money again for a service they can't provide!!!!!

Garbage like this is why I always ship USPS!

DIE FedEx DIE!!!

gsr-jedi
02-05-2005, 09:45 PM
I hear you SK, my mom ordered me a Han bust on Tuesday morning, with ground shipping from Cali to AZ it's supposed to be here on Tuesday. Nevermind the fact that all the other AZ people I know that ordered the bust got theirs on Friday. The one I ordered for a friend on Wednesday morning with ground shipping was set to arrive on Friday. On Friday morning it said it was out for delivery, it never came. This afternoon, it changed and said it was delivered on Thursday?!?!?!? Now I have to wait for the driver to call me back on Monday to find out where the 2nd bust is.

Sith Lord 0498
02-06-2005, 09:14 AM
I'm having the same problem w/ a Luke mini-saber. When I ordered Obi-Wan's, it ordered one day, shipped the next, delivered the third. The tracking info on Luke is virtually identical, and it stated "On FedEX vehicle for delivery) at 6:56 am yesterday. Never arrived, and it was coming from a city 10 MILES AWAY!!!! Now it's telling me I have to wait until TUESDAY!!!

I feel for y'all. I really do. :frus:

Jayspawn
02-08-2005, 01:37 AM
Hey, is anybody getting the C-3PO statue? I know the release date is very near. I'll probably get one becasue I'm so impressed with the mini-bust and there hasnt been any good Star Wars Statues for a LONG time.

gsr-jedi
02-08-2005, 10:10 AM
I don't know if I'll be getting the 3PO statue. I'm trying to save money for CIII, and I just bought the Chewie statue. That statue is REALLY nice.

Jayspawn
02-08-2005, 10:33 AM
Wow! Its 8:00 in the morning and FedEx just dropped off my Han Stormtrooper Bust NOW! And I must say, I'm impressed as hell. The Harrison likeness is incredible! -much better than what I was expecting. I recieved bust 2127/3500.

mm74md
02-08-2005, 11:51 AM
']does anyone know the release date for the sandtrooper (orange pauldron)

I don't think it's actually on their official release list for this year. So far all I see are the IG-88 & Leia Boush Busts. Then the statue line. I think we should found out more at Toy Fair later this month

sith_killer_99
02-08-2005, 06:29 PM
The Harrison likeness is incredible!

I agree, but when I got it I told my wife "Where's the scar on his chin!!! :mad: I can't believe they didn't put the scar on his chin...I am sooo disappointed!" :D

I am very pleased with this mini bust. GG has done it again!!!

So who got what numbers? Mine is 471! :)

dr_evazan22
02-08-2005, 07:33 PM
I ordered the 3PO statue from EE. The last update said that it should ship in March. I erad somewhere (forget where) that the statue will be basically the same proportion 3PO, just a full body and different arm pose.

One thing I really don't like about FedEx is that they will leave the package right on your doorstep, no signature, no nothing. This really bothers me when I get a MR piece that cost a couple hundred, with me living in an apt building. The PO or UPS would require someone to actually recieve the item if it doesn't fit in the mailbox.

Turbowars
02-08-2005, 07:47 PM
One thing I really don't like about FedEx is that they will leave the package right on your doorstep, no signature, no nothing. This really bothers me when I get a MR piece that cost a couple hundred, with me living in an apt building. The PO or UPS would require someone to actually recieve the item if it doesn't fit in the mailbox.No kidding! I once sent a 20" truck wheel to my brother and UPS delivered it to the wrong address. They just left it on someones doorstep. It was lost for 2 weeks. I can't believe they don't do the signature thing anymore. UPS said you now have to ask for it. Seems the only time something doesn't go wrong is when I send something with no value.

sith_killer_99
02-08-2005, 10:54 PM
One thing I really don't like about FedEx is that they will leave the package right on your doorstep, no signature, no nothing.

:confused: They didn't leave it at our door, in fact my wife missed the guy and he left a slip saying "Sorry we missed you".

Luckily I saw the FedEx truck at the loading dock at the hospital and asked the guy if he delivered to the residential area on post, he said yes. So I asked if he tried to deliver a package to ...(my home address) and he said yes! He then let me sign for my package and he pulled it off the truck for me! :)

I was thrilled, because I thought I would have to drive 20 miles to the FedEx in E'town after work. Turns out I happened to be in the right place at the right time!

Kidhuman
02-08-2005, 10:58 PM
One thing I noticed about Fed Ex and UPS is it varies by region. Some places require sigs and some dont. I know I was shocked when UPS left a 300 dollar Excercise Bike at my front door.

Turbowars
02-09-2005, 12:56 AM
I got my Han Stormy bust today. Thanks to Reefer!! Han's one of the best yet. He's 1532 of 3500. I read what Killer said about the scar missing and I noticed that mine does have one. It's very slight, so I bet yours does have one Killer.

Jayspawn
02-09-2005, 11:07 AM
My Han Bust has a scar also. It is very slight -but I can make one out. I'd would have rather had a regular Han Bust then one in his Stormtrooper outfit -but thats ok.

sith_killer_99
02-09-2005, 12:04 PM
Hmmm, I've checked and re-checked, not even a slight scar, mis-coloring, slight raise...nothing.

Hey, maybe I got an ultra rare production error. I better head over to Ebay right away, this thing could be worth $3,500.00 like the chrome Sandtrooper!!! ;) :Pirate:

Reefer Shark
02-10-2005, 02:21 AM
I got my Han Stormy bust today. Thanks to Reefer!!

No problem bro, thanks for the bust ups!

I can barely make out the scar on my Han bust. It's an extremely slight indentation where the scar should be. Just hardly visible at all on mine.

I thought I'd share a pic of my Bust Ups series 2 setup. I'm thinking about re-doing it with all Stormys now though, and doing another with series1 and series2.

sith_killer_99
02-10-2005, 12:01 PM
SWEET!

Where did you get that display case? I want one, I have been trying to decide how to display my Bust-Ups collection! :D

Reefer Shark
02-10-2005, 02:03 PM
SWEET!

Where did you get that display case? I want one, I have been trying to decide how to display my Bust-Ups collection! :D

Actually, my fiance got it for me at a place called "The Container Store" (she has a freaky obsession with gift wrap, and they sell a ton of it). I think it was around $20.

I'm going to need to get a few more of them myself. The Galactic Heroes fit perfectly in them too (if you're into those).

On the Bust Ups front, I just ordered two more Stormtrooper 3 packs from SWS.com, so I'll be able to fill up one of those cases with Stormys in a few days. Who knows, mabye I'll get lucky and end up with a Blackhole Stormy this time!

sith_killer_99
02-10-2005, 04:19 PM
I have a few of the Galactic Heroes. I bought the Bounty Hunters and Stormtroopers.

Yeah I was thinking about ordering a couple more of the Stormtroopers myself. I would love to get a Blackhole Stormtrooper, but who wants to pay $40-$50 on Ebay. :mad:

Hopefully I can find a cool display case. :)

plasticfetish
02-13-2005, 06:38 AM
Maybe it's the gold -- the shiny, shiny gold -- or maybe it was the nice $39.99 price, but I broke down and picked up a C-3PO bust today from Suncoast Video. The only thing I can say is that I'm sort of glad that I don't have the space to display any more of these, because I can completely see myself wanting more of them now.

Very, very nice.

Jayspawn
02-13-2005, 10:28 AM
The mini-busts are the best Collectobles that Star Wars has had in a long time. Although Gentle Giant is a frusterating company -the busts are definatly worth colllecting.

sith_killer_99
02-13-2005, 10:31 AM
Give in, the more you purchase the more you make yourself my servant... ;)

I started with the Deluxe Stormtrooper and now I have 8 mini busts and Series 1 and 2 of the Bust-Ups line, with the holo Vader and holo Maul with 18 Bust-Ups Stormtroopers, plus I just bought the clear Yoda! :eek:

Kidhuman
02-13-2005, 10:53 AM
Can anyone explain to me how a shipment sent out on the 3rd can arrive on the 7th with 2 day mail? :confused:

Simple. The 3rd was a Thursady, so 1 day is Friday and then the weekend in which Fed-Ex does not deliver, so Monday being the 7th is the 2nd day.

Also, I dont remember if it was this thread or not talking about shipping habits of Fed-Ex and UPS leaving packages at the door.

I asked the UPS guy the other day what exactly the policy was with it and this is how he explained it...

If you live in an apt, complex, Co-Op, condo or anything like that, it requires a signature.

If you live in a house, they dont require a signature, depending on the neighborhood. If it is a high crime rate, they require a signature, if it is a low crime rate, they dont require one.

Hope that helps you guys out.

sith_killer_99
02-13-2005, 12:07 PM
FedEx delivers on Saturday as far as I know. The tracking showed they picked it up on Saturday morning at 6:30 am in Louisville. It took 'em over 48 hours to get it 35 miles to my house.

In any event, I got my Han. I ordered a second for someone the day after I ordered the first and had it send "ground" it arrived just 2 days after my first Han. I should have saved my money. So it only took 'em 24 hours longer to get the second Han here and I saved about $7.00! :crazed:

Anyhow, this is an outstanding piece and I am very happy with it. :D

[Davin Felth]
02-13-2005, 12:32 PM
I got my Han stormtrooper bust number 0786 yesterday and i'm possitive i have no scar. but its a nice bust none the less. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that the Sandtrooper bust will have at least two vesions. Unlike you guys i don't have a problem with keeping up with collecting these busts as i only buy stormtrooper related pieces. I suppose thats why i'm not overly exited about the new movies, except the revenge of the sith as it completes the circle.

Reefer Shark
02-13-2005, 01:45 PM
Maybe it's the gold -- the shiny, shiny gold -- or maybe it was the nice $39.99 price, but I broke down and picked up a C-3PO bust today from Suncoast Video. The only thing I can say is that I'm sort of glad that I don't have the space to display any more of these, because I can completely see myself wanting more of them now.

Very, very nice.

Look out PF... the GG bug will get you. Just like sith_killer, I started out with just a lone Stormy bust.......

Now (just a few months later), I have 9 mini-busts, all 5 Clone Wars maquettes, and all of series 1 and 2 bust ups (also, these things have led me to my new interest in the Kotobukiya kits) :crazed:

I have completely run out of display space, but that doesn't seem to be stopping me from buying these things. I think I need to join "bust-a-holics anonymous" or something....

plasticfetish
02-13-2005, 03:41 PM
I know... you guys are right. I was tempted to track down a Greedo mini-bust, now we'll just have to see how long I go before giving in to temptation.
Now (just a few months later), I have 9 mini-busts, all 5 Clone Wars maquettes, and all of series 1 and 2 bust ups (also, these things have led me to my new interest in the Kotobukiya kits)I've been picking up the bust-ups kind of casually, they're a crossover between a Star Wars toy and a Japanese "candy toy" (without the candy) to me. (Too hard to resist.)

The Kotobukiya kits? I can't even look at those. You know how dangerous that kind of thing is to someone who already has a Japanese vinyl toy buying "problem" -- ouch!

sith_killer_99
02-13-2005, 04:10 PM
I can't even look at those. You know how dangerous that kind of thing is to someone who already has a Japanese vinyl toy buying "problem" -- ouch!

It seems like it would be pretty easy to get hooked. I couldn't believe some of the stuff I saw when I was in Japan!!! I managed to stick to the Star Wars stuff, but just barely! :D

Kidhuman
02-13-2005, 04:24 PM
The Kotobukiya kits? I can't even look at those. You know how dangerous that kind of thing is to someone who already has a Japanese vinyl toy buying "problem" -- ouch!

Do I sense a possible name change to vinylfetish??

plasticfetish
02-13-2005, 05:09 PM
Do I sense a possible name change to vinylfetish??Nah... vinyl's a plastic also. Sweet, sweet polyethylene. :)

Jayspawn
02-17-2005, 12:47 AM
Yep, yep. The IG-88 Mini-Busts should be shipping soon.

bobafrett
02-18-2005, 01:33 AM
I managed to get the C-3PO mini bust today, as well as 5 of the 6 second series of bust ups. The lady who ran the store said that they only had two different Stormtroopers, the one I bought, and the one with a rifle. It was my understanding that there were more variations, like it's larger brother mini bust, am I correct? I mean the bust up of the Stormtrooper I got, has it's arms in a slightly different position than the one pictured on the side of the box.

sith_killer_99
02-18-2005, 07:39 AM
There are 10 different Bust-Ups in series 2.

Darth Vader
Darth Vader variant
Darth Maul
Darth Maul variant
Palpatine/Sidious
Dooku/Tyranus
Royal Guard
Stormtrooper 1
Stormtrooper 2
Stormtrooper 3

All 3 variant Stormtroopers are available in a 3 pack from shopstarwars.com. The arms/hands are interchangable to allow for different poses, kinda like the Deluxe Stormtrooper mini bust.

Reefer Shark
02-19-2005, 12:01 AM
All 3 variant Stormtroopers are available in a 3 pack from shopstarwars.com. The arms/hands are interchangable to allow for different poses, kinda like the Deluxe Stormtrooper mini bust.

Yep, 3 different Stormys - but you can make a ton of different arm/weapon configurations. Right now I have 13 Stormy bust ups, all with different arm/weapon configurations. Fun stuff!

------

I picked up a few busts at a local comic shop today. They had Greedo and Tarkin for $45 ea, but the owner let me have 'em for $38 ea..... I couldn't pass it up.

I've opened Greedo, and he is awesome! I love how he's holding his gun behind his back like that, I like this one a lot! I haven't opened Tarkin yet.

btw: to any local collectors that are looking for these busts, the owner said he had a few more of each.

Jayspawn
02-19-2005, 10:24 AM
Anybody here plan on getting the Darth Vader Statue?

I recently was lucky enough to order Sideshow's Vader -but the Gentle Giant Vader is still tempting.

Reefer Shark
02-19-2005, 01:22 PM
I'm gonna get one. I've been wafling between the GG statue, the Kotobukiya Vader and the Sideshow Vader.

Now that I've seen pics of all of them, I think I'm most impressed by the GG statue. I really do like the Sideshow Vader, but for $350? There's no way can I justify spending that much money on one statue.

-----

Speaking of that Vader, you guys see the new Toyfair pics at RS? The Vader looks even better to me there, and it looks like we'll be getting at least 3 more Clone Wars maquettes: Anakin, Greivous, and a Barris/Luminara "double maquette". Plus, they have a new pic of the Sandtrooper bust holding a concussion rifle. Very cool!

You can see the pics here (http://toyfair.rebelscum.com/2005/ggs/).

sith_killer_99
02-19-2005, 02:22 PM
Well, I'm too cheap to shell out $200.00 for the GG Statue, so I sure won't be getting the Sideshow Vader. Unless I win the lottery or something.

I am perfectly happy with my Koto Vader. :D

Did anyone notice the Sandtrooper mini bust in the RS shots? Sweet, I wish we had more details on it though. Unfortunatly it looks as if they will be going with one color pauldron and a single pose. Still looks sweet! :D

Jayspawn
02-21-2005, 12:48 AM
Well now that Toy Fair in NY is over we can all not gloat over the pictures that have surfaced from Gentle Giants presentation. SO what do ya think? All they really showed was the recent mini-busts of the soon IG-88 and Sandtrooper as well as the current series 1 and 2 of Bust-Ups. They also had their Chewbacca, C-3PO, and Darth Vader Statues on display.

I wasnt overly impressed with the set up. GG didnt have anything new to blow us away with. But thats ok. The C-3PO Statue is great -I'll be getting one of those. I may end up getting the Darh Vader Statue even though I pre-ordered the Sideshow Vader.

Jayspawn
02-21-2005, 01:30 AM
Oooooohhhh crap! I accidently won the Chewbacca Statue on Ebay!

Turbowars
02-21-2005, 01:40 AM
GH has news on GG up coming offerings.

Revenge of the Sith Vader bust
The Empire Strikes Back Yoda bust
Han Solo bust
2 different Sandtrooper bust with extra arms
Scout with speederbike same scale as the dewback and sandtrooper.
Maul statue
ROTS bust ups.
more Animated statues

Reefer Shark
02-21-2005, 03:25 AM
I just saw that over at GH. Can't wait to see pics of the new stuff, especially the Vader bust and Maul statue!I'll most likely end up getting everything listed except the scout/speeder statue, and probably the Han bust (since I already have the Han stormy one).

Jayspawn
02-21-2005, 09:39 AM
I know I'll get the Vader, Han and Yoda Mini-Busts. Mainly because I missed the 1st versions of Vader and Yoda (I think this is just GG's way of making it up to us). But thats ok.

My High-End budget is officially full. So I'll pass on the Darth Maul Statue for now.

Turbowars
02-21-2005, 05:04 PM
If anyone was planning on skipping old IG-88 think again. I just picked him up from EE today for $34 bucks after a $10 on-line discount. 88 is prefect, the detail is on par with the rest of the line. I hope GG will produce Dengar, Zuckass ans 4-LOM. It only makes sense right?

I will for sure get the new Vader and Yoda. The description of the new Han is very limited, but I'm positive it will be awesome. The Maul statue sounds good, but it's probably going to be big bucks as the speeder bike will be.

Here's how GG describes the new Han bust,

Han Solo is captured in Gentle Giantís latest bust of our favorite stuck up, scruffy-looking nerf herder. The likeness is flawless, and the pose captures Captain Solo at his cockiest.

So which pose and scene do you guys think they will choose? A hoth get up would have been cool, but that's not his cockiest, so it might be either when he's helping Leia in the Falcon or how about when he says "I know" right before he gets Frozen in Carbonite.

Reefer Shark
02-21-2005, 06:20 PM
If anyone was planning on skipping old IG-88 think again. I just picked him up from EE today for $34 bucks after a $10 on-line discount. 88 is prefect, the detail is on par with the rest of the line. I hope GG will produce Dengar, Zuckass ans 4-LOM. It only makes sense right?

I will for sure get the new Vader and Yoda. The description of the new Han is very limited, but I'm positive it will be awesome. The Maul statue sounds good, but it's probably going to be big bucks as the speeder bike will be.

Here's how GG describes the new Han bust,

Han Solo is captured in Gentle Giantís latest bust of our favorite stuck up, scruffy-looking nerf herder. The likeness is flawless, and the pose captures Captain Solo at his cockiest.

So which pose and scene do you guys think they will choose? A hoth get up would have been cool, but that's not his cockiest, so it might be either when he's helping Leia in the Falcon or how about when he says "I know" right before he gets Frozen in Carbonite.

Maybe it'll be Han in the cantina, reclining in the booth right before he wastes Greedo. That would be the one I would probably buy - it would look good next to the Greedo bust.

So IG-88 is another winner from GG huh? I'll probably pick him up sometime this week, I was thinking about doing a Frank-n-Sons trip on Wednesday night anyway.

btw:, how'd you get that discount from EE Turbo? If I could use that code, I would buy it from them.

Sith Lord 0498
02-21-2005, 06:22 PM
I was thinking his "cockiest" moment would be the way he's sitting and half-listening to Greedo in the Cantina. Whenever I watch Harrison Ford's performance in that scene, it reminds me of John Travolta's line in Get Shorty when he replies to Danny DeVito "You mean like we don't give a ****?" That's the attitude Han gives off.

[DSS]Pedr0
02-21-2005, 06:36 PM
Someone mentioned that Han ANH is holding his belt ala SS's 1/4 scale figure and his other hand has his blaster in it holding it near his shoulder/head pointing up and back.

Turbowars
02-21-2005, 06:39 PM
So IG-88 is another winner from GG huh? I'll probably pick him up sometime this week, I was thinking about doing a Frank-n-Sons trip on Wednesday night anyway.

btw:, how'd you get that discount from EE Turbo? If I could use that code, I would buy it from them.Yeah it's a winner. EE sent me an on-line survey to fill out, about 3-4 questions and I got a $10 discount on my next purchase. There wasn't a code and besides that, 88 is sold out at EE.

Turbowars
02-21-2005, 06:47 PM
Pedr0']Someone mentioned that Han ANH is holding his belt ala SS's 1/4 scale figure and his other hand has his blaster in it holding it near his shoulder/head pointing up and back.Does SS have anything to do with GG? Or are you saying someone from SS saw the GG Han bust?

Jayspawn
02-22-2005, 01:03 AM
I expected that the GG Han Bust would be styled like that.

dr_evazan22
02-22-2005, 01:32 AM
My 88 bust should arrive from EE on Fri, looking forward to it.

While I wish I had the money and space to get every Vader statue I already have the Koto and the CinemaCast (origianl, not from when ShopStarWars.com opened up). They're both excellent poses with a lot of (suggested) action. The new GG and SS statues just don't offer anything new for me. The only thing the Koto Vader doesn't have going for it is that it is slightly smaller then the 12" scale fig's (correctly scaled, he would be about 14", I think).

bobafrett
02-23-2005, 12:52 AM

Thanks for the reminder about the $10 off at EE Turbo. I just used mine, but since I wasn't sure if the offer was still valid at 11:45 pm central time, I ordered some figure stands, and it was good! Basically just paid for shipping.

I'm excited about the Sandtrooper busts.

Jayspawn
02-23-2005, 01:28 AM
The new Busts are not coming with FREE Bust-Ups are they?

Turbowars
02-23-2005, 07:54 PM
No more pack in bust ups my friend. GG figures they already have us all sucked in to buying them now.;)

Jayspawn
02-23-2005, 10:46 PM
But not me! I have resisted!

Jayspawn
02-24-2005, 03:27 PM
Hey my Chewbacca Statue that I accidently won off Ebay arrived today! I recieved number 212/3000. And Hoooweee! You can smell the paint job on him! Hes pretty fragile in places too. Excellent Collectible!

Reefer Shark
02-24-2005, 07:10 PM
You "accidentally" won it huh? Heh heh, I do that sometimes myself.... "oops, was that the bid button?"

That statue is very sweet. You really have to see it in person to appreciate it. I want one, but I'm resisting.

btw: I completed my bust-ups series 2 collection last night - picked up the variant Maul for $8. Yep, I'm suckered in.....

sith_killer_99
02-24-2005, 09:17 PM
Yeah series 2 is awesome! I bought the case (12 pack) from AFX and got the Holo Sith Lords!!! I love 'em. The case came with each of the variants plus all 3 Stormies. I ended up buying an extra Royal Guard off Ebay for $5.00! The Royal Guards really look cool! I had to get an extra so that I could put one on each side of Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine... :D

I can't wait for series 3!

BTW, does anyone know the word on GG's Armor Vault? I didn't really see much from the Toy Fair reports.

Sith Lord 0498
02-24-2005, 09:42 PM
BTW, does anyone know the word on GG's Armor Vault? I didn't really see much from the Toy Fair reports.

The following passage was in the GG write-up at Rebelscum:

The Star Wars Armory line of mini-helmets will be delayed yet again, due to issues with the bases and also the addition of a mannequin-like supporting the helmets. More on this soon.

Would've been nice if they provided a time frame for release, but then again they really give any release dates for any of their products.

I ended up buying an extra Royal Guard off Ebay for $5.00! The Royal Guards really look cool! I had to get an extra so that I could put one on each side of Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine... :D

I did the same thing when my local comic shop received a fresh Series 2 case. I have mine displayed on the small quarter-circle speaker shelf on my computer desk. The three Bust-Ups follow the curve from the edge up to my computer speaker, and I placed my Count Dooku mini-bust directly behind Sidious to make a Sith Lord display. Same set-up on the right-hand shelf with my C-3PO bust and my Bust-Up, Galactic Heroes, and OTC versions of Goldenrod.

Turbowars
02-24-2005, 10:17 PM
Any of you Bust up collectors need series 1? I have a few sets. I'd trade for any of series 2 or sell. I need to get rid of these.

Jayspawn
02-24-2005, 10:38 PM
Yep, I accidently won it Reefer Shark. See, I spotted it on Ebay for $97. It was late and I decided I was just gonna bid a little bit more. So I bid $99 and nobody outbid me! So I got it for under a hundred! HA!

Hows that for luck?!

Reefer Shark
02-25-2005, 12:11 AM
Nice, that's a sweet deal!

mm74md
02-25-2005, 02:49 PM
Yep, I accidently won it Reefer Shark. See, I spotted it on Ebay for $97. It was late and I decided I was just gonna bid a little bit more. So I bid $99 and nobody outbid me! So I got it for under a hundred! HA!

Hows that for luck?!

Very lucky. 50% off!

I just won an IG-88 off of eBay. I'm taking your word Turbowars!

Turbowars
02-25-2005, 11:36 PM
Very lucky. 50% off!

I just won an IG-88 off of eBay. I'm taking your word Turbowars!LOL, I don't think you will be disappointed. Did you get a good deal? Every time I look on e-bay I never see deals on busts, but I always hear some of you say other wise. I think sometimesthere's some fibing if you know what I mean. ;) I never picked up Greedo or Tarkin and can kick myself. I really just need the Red Clone and the 2 I just mentioned. Since a new Vader and Yoda are on the way I can stop worry about get the 1st releases.

Reefer Shark
02-25-2005, 11:59 PM
LOL, I don't think you will be disappointed. Did you get a good deal? Every time I look on e-bay I never see deals on busts, but I always hear some of you say other wise. I think sometimesthere's some fibing if you know what I mean. ;) I never picked up Greedo or Tarkin and can kick myself. I really just need the Red Clone and the 2 I just mentioned. Since a new Vader and Yoda are on the way I can stop worry about get the 1st releases.

Hey Turbo,
A comic shop called "DJ's Universal Comics" has Greedo and Tarkin for $38 each (if you buy them both). I just got those last week, and the owner said he had a few more. You should check 'em out. They're in Studio City at Vineland and Ventura.

I scored a Luke Stormy bust on ebay for $56 (+10 shipping) back in December. That's the only GG thing I've bought on ebay so far.

dr_evazan22
02-26-2005, 01:49 AM
I got my IG this morning... I'm eagerly awaiting the remaining bounty hunters in the bust size. My only problem was putting the gun on his left arm I cracked the arm. Luckily the crack doesn't go all the way thru. I'll put some super glue on it and it should be fine.

Sith Lord 0498
02-26-2005, 07:30 AM
I was browsing through Star Wars Shop.com last night, and much to my surprise, the chrome plated Jango Fett mini-bust is back in stock. While I did have to deal with an unnaturally slow server, my order went through for $56 and change after basic shipping.

As of right now, it's still listed as "In Stock" if anyone wants to nab one too.

Jayspawn
02-26-2005, 10:14 AM
I wish they would get the Chrome Vader Bust back in stock. But.....

I only want the Chrome Vader bust because I couldnt get the regualr bust (thanks to GG). BUT since they are making new versions of the Yoda and Vader busts I dont have to worry about tracking them down!

I bet those Ebay prices are gonna sink after they release the new versions. Haha!

sith_killer_99
02-26-2005, 11:20 AM
I don't like the chrome busts, I passed on the chrome Stormtrooper when SSW.com had it in stock.

I wish I had gotten a Vader and Boba Fett at retail cost, but I wasn't collecting back then so I will probably never own them. :( Curse GG for wanting to keep them soo limited and not re-relasing them!!!

Yes, I know, we are getting a "new" Vader, but it's not the same.

dr_evazan22
02-26-2005, 01:41 PM
Does anyone know if there is an 800 number that I can call SSW.com? With my recent computer problems I lost the coupon for a discount on my first purchase (maybe there was a time limit on it), and if I can save some $ then I'd like to.

Jayspawn
02-26-2005, 09:56 PM
I havnt heard of an 800 number for them -internet inquiries only. Have you emailed them yet?

dr_evazan22
02-27-2005, 02:17 AM
No, not yet. Will try Sun night. Too much top drink tonight, and need to ba at work by noon. Sun it is!

sith_killer_99
02-27-2005, 02:31 AM
Well, I just broke down and bought IG-88 and C-3PO from a seller on Ebay. I paid $39.99 each plus $12.50 for shipping. I got tired of waiting for Suncoast to get them in stock and noone around here seems to have 'em.

mm74md
02-28-2005, 01:17 PM
Did you get a good deal?

$39.99 + $8 shipping. About what I'd pay at a shop. Can't wait to get it. I also got Bossk for $32 + shipping off of eBay.

I try to stay under $45 on eBay.

bobafrett
02-28-2005, 09:42 PM
$39.99 + $8 shipping. About what I'd pay at a shop. Can't wait to get it. I also got Bossk for $32 + shipping off of eBay.

I try to stay under $45 on eBay.

I try to stay off of eBay all together. I just went and got "verified" so now I could be in trouble!

I saw Greedo at a collector store last week, but I bought C-3PO instead. I may go back for Greedo if he's still there, or IG-88.

Jayspawn
02-28-2005, 09:47 PM
My IG-88 bust should be shipping from NewForceComics.com soon. They have it in stock now for $39.99.

Reefer Shark
03-01-2005, 11:14 PM
StarWarsShop.com has the chrome Stormtrooper back in stock. I wasn't going to get one originally, but I saw one in person recently and really liked the way it looked - so I just ordered one.

Anyone that wants one go here (http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=1825;category_id=310;pcid1= ;pcid2=) and order away, they probably won't last long.

Turbowars
03-01-2005, 11:17 PM
Damn, I hate when I don't have the $ when I need it!! Anyone want to order one for me?;)

bobafrett
03-02-2005, 08:44 AM
StarWarsShop.com has the chrome Stormtrooper back in stock. I wasn't going to get one originally, but I saw one in person recently and really liked the way it looked - so I just ordered one.

Anyone that wants one go here (http://shop.starwars.com/catalog/product.xml?product_id=1825;category_id=310;pcid1= ;pcid2=) and order away, they probably won't last long.

I went, and was defeated by the mighty StarWarsShop.com, I tried adding it to my cart, and they said "An error occured when adding this item to your cart" or something like that. :cry: I ended up picking up the mini Stormtrooper army bust 3 pack. :neutral:

dr_evazan22
03-02-2005, 11:31 PM
Was looking at the pic of the BH asst of bust-ups. It looks like the Stormie bust-ups and the Bossk version are just smaller versions of GG's regular busts. Could this mean that we are seeing what the eventual 4-LOM, Zuckuss and Dengar busts will look like?

Jayspawn
03-03-2005, 12:52 AM
Not that I dont want Mini-Busts of those characters -but I'd rather get some more mainstream characters made first as busts. At least we're getting Han, Vader and Yoda this year!

sith_killer_99
03-03-2005, 12:27 PM
Sorry, I gotta disagree with you on the "mainstream" characters. I prefer to see cool characters or characters in cool costumes.

Stormtrooper (Deluxe) COOL!
Luke and Han in Stormtrooper outfits COOL!
Leia in Boussh disguise COOL!
Scout Trooper COOL!
Vader COOL!
Fett COOL!
IG-88 COOL!
Greedo COOL!
Bossk COOL!

I want to see more of the Bounty Hunters and Imperial Troopers. Sandtrooper is scheduled to be released sometime soon. I want to see an Imperial Snowtrooper.

Characters like Grand Moff Tarkin, Luke X-Wing and C-3PO are cool, but just not as awesome as the characters in cool costumes.

Also I didn't care for any of the PT busts except maybe the Clone Troopers, so I have stuck to mostly OT characters. Notice the big difference between "mainstream characters" from the PT and OT. The PT busts have a lot more "mainstream characters".

Jayspawn
03-03-2005, 01:30 PM
Now dont get me wrong, the Bossk, Greedo, etc. busts are great! I love em! I suppose if GG wants to keep these going after Revenge of the Sith, they they have to spread the popular 'mainstream' characters out. I'm all about the Galactic Empire -I'd love a Snowtrooper!

Jayspawn
03-03-2005, 01:31 PM
I'd also like to see somebody from The Phantom Menace -like Darth Maul or Qui-Gon get a bust soon -just for some variety.

mm74md
03-03-2005, 05:09 PM
I'd also like to see somebody from The Phantom Menace -like Darth Maul or Qui-Gon get a bust soon -just for some variety.

Maul & Qui-Gon are a MUST HAVE! I'm going to say this out loud....I wouldn't mind seeing a Jar Jar bust as well.

mm74md
03-03-2005, 05:16 PM
Also I didn't care for any of the PT busts except maybe the Clone Troopers, so I have stuck to mostly OT characters. Notice the big difference between "mainstream characters" from the PT and OT. The PT busts have a lot more "mainstream characters".

I've seen all the AOTC busts in comic shops over the years. The only two I picked up were Dooku (amazing sculpt) and Padme. Mace, Anakin, and Obi-Wan just never did it for me. I think mainly cause they don't have arms like most of the newer busts.

Reefer Shark
03-03-2005, 05:49 PM
I agree, those no armed busts look funny to me. The only one I have is Dooku, and I think that's the one exception to the no-armed busts - he actually looks pretty cool IMO.

I would love a Maul bust, they need to do one.

Jayspawn
03-03-2005, 06:43 PM
Right on mm74md, I wouldnt mind a Jar Jar bust either!

sith_killer_99
03-03-2005, 08:37 PM
They do need to do some EP1 busts. To date they have done none! :eek:

Turbowars
03-03-2005, 09:49 PM
Right on mm74md, I wouldnt mind a Jar Jar bust either!Don't even go there.

Turbowars
03-03-2005, 09:57 PM
They do need to do some EP1 busts. To date they have done none! :eek:What interesting characters should they do besides Maul, Queen in one of her many gowns, Battle droid and Qui-Gon? I don't think anyone else is worthy of a bust. I probably am missing one or 2, but EP1 just wasn't very interesting to begin with.

sith_killer_99
03-03-2005, 10:51 PM
There are probably only about 4-5 mini bust I would like to see from EP1, but they haven't done any yet, even ROTJ has 3! I would like to see:

Darth Maul
Darth Sidious
Battle Droid
Qui-Gon Jinn
Gungan Warrior
Queen Naboo

The first 2 being higher priority. :D

Kidhuman
03-03-2005, 10:57 PM
Turbo just sent me a Chewie mini-bust up and it is real nice, thanks man...