PDA

View Full Version : History repeats itself

Lord_Setnom
11-19-2004, 03:02 AM
Doesn't it? I mean in ANH and TPM we come across this young lad who meets a Jedi who gets killed by a Sith Lord, then he ends up blowing up some spacecraft which leads everyone into partying. Oh and there's also a rogue member of some royal family.

Then in ESB & AOTC there's the temptation only Obi Wan resists quite better than Luke... OF course it's a lot more shocking to hear that your old man is actually the one person you fear and were trying to kill because everyone hates him and well he's just too cruel than just being told "your dead Master agreed with me, the Republic stinks" And our hero fails to rescue his friend, losing a hand while he's fighting a Sith Lord. Evreything seems to go wrong for everyone except for the bad guys.

What's coming in ROTS is awfully similar to what we saw in ROTJ. Young Jedi are now more powerful and mentally strong. their skills are developing. Again they are pitted against the Sith Lord that took their right hand. They both conquer the enemy. However, Luke succeeds where his old man failed. He doesn't take his enemy's life, thus proving to be too good for the Dark Side to take him. A dear person is lost in both movies. Yoda & Padme. And there's even a new furry species in each one of them!!!

So what else do you think we'll be seeing this time that we've already witnessed???

Elliejabbapop
11-22-2004, 07:26 AM
Anakin turning to the dark side: whoa!!! :D

chewbacca71
11-22-2004, 01:53 PM
I'm sure we'll have to see some blue milk served by Beru! :D

Slicker
11-22-2004, 05:19 PM
I really, really hope we see a furry race of creatures fighting on a forest planet.;)

Lord_Setnom
11-26-2004, 10:30 PM
Heh!!! I never saw that one coming, Slicker, nice one!!!

Tycho
11-28-2004, 07:43 PM
Patterns:

Everything Palpatine creates or sets up to realize his quest for power eventually backfires on him.

This is why I think what I do - patterns:

Primative Races resist what should be overwhelming defeats:

Gungans
Wookiees (possibly are defeated later, by Clone occupation, but they defeat the Seps)
Ewoks

What Palpatine creates, destroys his plans (or him):

Padme - he helped get her elected in the EU. "She will not be difficult to control." - Yeah sure, Palpatine...

Darth Maul - thank you Obi-Wan

Dooku - tries to get Obi-Wan to join him against Sidious (AOTC)

Clones - ironically, it helps support the whole galaxy coming together against evil...

E1: Primatives vs. Droids commanded by evil
E2: evil Droids vs. Clones led by Jedi
E3: Primatives vs. evil Droids, then overran by Clones who turn evil against the Jedi
E4: Evil Clones pursue good Droids (R2 / C-3PO), a Jedi enlists help from a lost Clone
E5: A clone (Han Solo) becomes a full-fledged hero against the Empire's Clones, saves the last Jedi (Luke and Leia)
E6: Clones (Han, Lando?) join with good Droids (R2 / C-3PO) and Primatives (Ewoks) with the new Jedi (Luke, Leia) and the restored old Jedi (Anakin) to defeat evil.

The Forces of Good:

E1...............E2...............E3.............. ..E4..............E5.............E6
Primatives....Clones..........Senators........Droi ds.........Clone........Primatives
Jedi............Jedi.............................. ....Jedi............Jedi..........Jedi
.................................................. ......Senator.......Droids.......Senators
.................................................. ......................................Clones
.................................................. ......................................Droids

Finally, by Episode 6, every force in the galaxy is united against evil (Palpatine)

That is why Han and Lando could both have been created to be Clone Troopers, but something went wrong and they were lost, (as in war, many Clones might be lost on different worlds, MIA - only Han and Lando were so young, they really didn't have the resources or complete training to help them get back- or their experiences with other beings changed their mind about getting back (Han tried to rejoin the Empire by going to the Academy and becoming a pilot, but Chewie happened).

I see patterns and history repeating itself sometimes (Dooku likely being Anakin's father, and killed, whereas Luke does not kill his father) - thereby history changing for the better at other times (in resolution).

mabudonicus
11-29-2004, 02:14 PM
Yess, Tycho, you and I seem to be the only ones fully expecting "Because, Anakin, I am your father" ;) from dooku

Or the truth coming out after his death, which would turn Ani for once and for all over to the darkside :D

maybe a qui gon "if you're watching this, things have gone badly" holographic speech...

the mind boggles...

Darth Alex
12-01-2004, 03:43 PM
History repeats....
lettame see....
about 12 1/2 minutes of the General....
about 3 minutes of Vader...
about 4 minutes of Dooku...
Hey, I'm grateful for whatever COOl villany we get, but I often still want MORE, George!

Lord_Setnom
12-03-2004, 12:53 AM
At least some character development, huh? Darth Maul jumps, slices and dices, then gets chopped in half, so we never learn a thing (OK, sure, he was just a commercial character but still!!!) Now Dooku gets to show his face for just a little while and we come across a villain who might actually have something in him, but nooooooo, he must die after just a few minutes of screen time (which will of course lead into a Cound Dooku Jedi Duel action figure) so we all see Anakin take a leap into the Dark Side. Storytelling be damned, we got a story with lots of gaps to tell and plenty of colorful characters to show if we want those action figures to sell