PDA

View Full Version : Northeastern/Central PA

Darth Alex
11-19-2004, 11:40 AM
Well, this is a new thread, isn't it! Arranged by state, very cool, very cool:classic: .

I went shopping to the Wilkes-Barre Wegman's last night and had a "new" find...
Episode 1 figures, again!
These are brand-spankin new, they are $1.99:stupid: for the figures and $2.99:stupid: :stupid: for the Commtech reader. They have about 60+ readers and these figures:

C3PO
Senator Palpatine
Darth Sidious
Chancellor Valorum
Ric Olie(sorry, no weird hand variants!)
Mace Windu
OOM-9(I have to look, it's a .0000, but I can't remeber if the binoculars in hand is the rare version....?)
Gasgano/Pit Droid
Ody/Droid
Tarpals(nice to see him with the new TRU version in stores...;) )
Watto
Ki-Adi
Boss (now I'm really gonna show you how I can shrink before POTJ) Nass

I can not believe that as of 11/19 you can actually go into a regular old retail store and buy new Ep1 figures.
Since I unloaded a lot of these a few years back(loooong story,won't bore all of you out there), I grabbed C3PO, a Sidious with a chin that was actually fully painted, and a OOM that didn't have bent arms.

I'll report back-I'm definitely hittin the Dickson City Wegman's to-night!

BTW, I'm gonna toy hunt after hitting SpongeBob at the Cin-e-mark!
Good luck on the finds(I know, for all my rants this week about Hasbro, a toy run WOULDN'T seem in order, but Fridays seem to be lucky....I hope....).

Darth Alex
11-22-2004, 12:53 PM
Well, well, well. Saw the SpongeBob movie, really enjoyed it, laughed alot.

The toy run-didn't laugh alot.

To draw from Spongebob:

Plankton(to robot wife Linda):
"THAT'S IT! I'll put the BRAIN in the ROBOT BODY!!!"

Darth Alex to Brother James:
"THAT'S IT! I'll just order CASES off the INTERNET!
GOING on TOY RUNS is now a HUGE WASTE OF TIME!"

I went out on 11/19 and 11/20, covering from Bloomsburg to WB to Scranton and DC.
Nothing new and out of the ordinary(like the Ep1 @ Wegmans) to report.

Wegmans- DC didn't get anything in except TWO whole Commtech Readers...!

Other than the odd VOTC ROTJ figure at Target in WB, pickings are real slim.
I finally snapped and ordered some POTC Cantina Wave online from Bryans of all places. For all the COMPLAINING I do about paying Bryan's prices, I must admit that it seems that only THEY actually HAVE toys in when I WANT to BUY THEM. 'Nuff said.

I'll occasionally stop in a store if I already need something else from it, then go to the toy aisle. But, no more of this, HEY!, it's Friday, let's go on a toy run NONSENSE.

I'm just gonna order the Bib Fortuna case online, too. Then, I'm done with the OTC until 2/1/05.

I'll go out in February and get the ROTS Sneak-Peak wave. If I see that people are finding stuff in NE/CL PA, I'll go out. But....retail and Hasbro really don't have a solid relationship to get toys out anymore, that much is clear.

Good luck to you all this week, but I'm sleeping in this Black Friday. I don't expect to see anything new at retail aside from the ODD SINGLE CASE once in a great while until 02/05. Peace, out....

Darth Alex
11-26-2004, 04:00 PM
Well, I was out on Wednesday shopping....had a minor find....the 05 line at TRU in DC!
The Dickson City(DC) store is hit & miss, I was up in Scranton anyway, so I stopped and found a Yarna and a Pablo 'J' in mint con-dish, and the $5.99 price is in full effect for this wave. Picked up a Yarna, will probably grab one more for the "I need three for a Senate box scene". Still can't get away from army-building....
Target in DC had all ESB and ROTJ VOTC figs in, including 3 (!) C3POs!

Not much else to report, the Cantina POTC case will be here on 11/30, so I'll post reviews....still have some reviews to post from the 1st 5 POTC figs....

For what it's worth, seeing all the photos of the Vader and the Chewie, Dooku, etc from ROTS is really keeping my hope alive in this hobby. They all look great and at $6 a pop, I'd say they're worth it.

Hope everyone had a good Turkey/Thanksgiving Day, good luck huntin this weekend...
Han Solo:"....you're gonna need it....!"

Darth Alex
12-01-2004, 04:39 PM
I haven't had time to post and I'm not doing much hunting these days, but here's da round-up for the past few days:

Target-
WB has been getting in the ROTJ VOTC case, minus C3PO, more and more. They finally got in the case with the Biker Scout, they had 5 this past weekend. Sith Lord, good to run into you, sorry about yer troubles, will call soon to trade!
DC has been getting in the ROTJ C3PO case, they still have 3 of them as of last night.
They also had 1 Biker Scout last night.
Both stores have been getting in the HOF wave(whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhy?).

TRU-
Nothing special at either location, no more Yarnas, no new Jedi Councils; 3-4 have yet to show.

Kmart-
WB has TONS of the Blue Snaggle Cantina. And you can build yer Lobot armies...

***************************non SW remark**************************
TRU in WB has several DOC OCKs. Just wanted to mention it if ya need him.

Walmart-
I'm gonna stop going there until I see word of the Titanium collection hitting.
Do the stores have ANY idea how to stock different figures?

KB-
Yes, it's true, as RS is reporting, the KB in DC/Viewmont mall has the 12" OTC Chewie.
The boxes look like they've been tossed in a football game and although I was holiday(yeah,right!) shopping last night and delerious, the price was either 29.99 or 34.99.
It's really pathetic that I am pretty picky and I can't remember the price, but they ARE there if you want 'em.

I did order a case of the new POTC Cantina wave from Bryans and I will officially quit complaining about their pricing. Each new figure was $10, I'll kindly shut up now, that is a very fair price considering how lousy the stores stock around here. I only wanted a small squad(read:4!) of Biker Scouts, so I got one in the case to go with the 3 I got at Target the other night. All I can say is, way to go Hasbro, the new figures are AWESOME. Dannick is great, nice "face tendrils", nice "hooka thing" that can hook on his side. Trevagg can hold his gun w/o the clear rubberbandthingy due to a notch in palm(Hasbro, THANK YOU for finally listening about the gun-hand thing). Myo is just *****in! All have multiple joint, REALLY solid knee ball joints, and all have ball joint post heads. I'll review them soon, I gotta get runnin'.

Good luck huntin, I guess I'm gonna get Bib & Piggy off of Amazon if they don't disappear or just grab a Bryan's Case(tm)!

Darth Alex
12-06-2004, 08:49 PM
Nothing new to report, was out shopping on the weekend, hit a few stores in WB, nothing special to report except 3 ROTJ VOTC C3POs at Target in WB last night(I can't always post right away, so I did this ASAP today...like, right now.)

I just read the price raises on RS and GH.com(s).
Ya know, the General G 4 armed saber master figure is great, but I don't know how devoted I'll be to this hobby if I have to shell out $7 plus tax a figure.
If that's the case, I'll get a few major characters, do NO army building, and say it's been swell. I'm tired of paying for more packaging and stupid action features.

well, 'Nuff said.

Darth Alex
12-09-2004, 01:43 PM
Out Holiday shopping today....wow...retail is finally picking up:
The Wilkes-Barre report:
Kmart-$16.99 for the Cantina Scenes. Nice markdown. 1 + 2 in full effect, still. They also had a brand new sw display up above the pegs. 3 cases worth of the 1st 5 POTC figures....Brother James, Sith Lord, I nabbed you both a Sly Moore, I give you both calls later today! But, wow, man!
TRU- Jedi Councils 3 + 4 are HERE! 4-6 each, nice to see. They got in a case of 12 of the 1st 5 POTC figures as well, all were there, although there was only one Pablo in da houze.
Target- All 12 VOTC figures are there, 2 C3POs when I left and one Stormie, multiples of all the other 10. They're still on the $4 something figure sale, nothing new though...could get the Cloud Car Pi-LOT cheaply for army building...just a suggestion.

Nice as this all is....WHERE IS THE OTC Imperial Scan Guy case and the Bib/Piggy case at? Now I'm finding the POTC, but still none of the tailend of the OTC making out at retail. It's gonna be Bryans or Amazon this weekend, I just know it...

Darth Alex
12-13-2004, 04:00 PM
The hunt is back on tommorrow.
I'll be travelling on "business(don't ask...)" to Williamsport and running up and down to Scranton/DC as well. Look for a post on Wednesday with hopefully some finds.

BTW-again, for the BILLIONTH time, where is Bib-Gamorean-ISC Tech-Slave Leia and Hoth Vader at? Are these exclusive to the MOON?

Darth Alex
12-16-2004, 06:29 PM
Local round-up:

Hazleton Area:
Toyworks- picked clean. A clerk claims new stuff will be put out soon....?
Kmart- POTC Yarua(spelled it RIGHT!), Jill, and Queen still in the house.
Walmart- Titanium Series has dropped!!! I posted a review for those interested...only $5 bucks as well, not $10 as I've seen posted on other sites!
Boscov's- couple of OTC, some Falcons, a VOTC Yoda...

Williamsport:
TRU- All 5 POTC (#1-#5) in stock, otherwise slim pickins...
Walmart- Please, this chain is a joke. Some OTC and VOTC. Jaff, I'm sorry you're cool and intelligent and the AZ shippers are not.

Bloomsberg:
Walmart- Bossk fest, anyone...
KB- same stuff, different day...

I'm going to WB tonight, may make a stop or two. Will get the rest of the OTC online.
Retail, you stink. It'll be great to see all the stores cash in on the Ep3 line, but will they still be in the mix this time next year? WILL THEY? Rant over....

Darth Alex
12-21-2004, 04:07 PM
Just update, Walmart in Bloomsburg got in 4 cases of the Scanning Crew Tech(3) and 3 each of the new Bespin figs on Saturday. With the holidays, I couldn't post until now. Nice to finally see the trooper- fine paint job, and good 2004 facial detail.
Going shopping tonight, hopefully the Animated Wave 3 are in store!

Sith Lord 0498
12-30-2004, 06:20 AM
Toys R Us in WB has two repackaged Dooku and Vader Unleashed and roughly four Mace Windu Unleashed. Target in WB also has several Maces as well. No major clearances around here yet though.

Sith Lord 0498
01-07-2005, 10:54 PM
Here's the latest...

Wal-Mart (Wilkes-Barre): ONE set of the Cantina trio remains as well as the Tatoonie wave of the Galactic Heroes sets. The new mods have the SW figs in the same aisle but next "block" back (middle row of the dept). Also noteworthy is that the price for the "SW E3 Basicfig" is only $5.88!!!

Target: EIGHT Slave 1 vehicles in stock and on clearance for $14.98. VOTC on clearance for $6.88 (only Han, Obi-Wan, Lando remain). Falcon on clearance for $35.00 I think.

Darth Alex
01-12-2005, 01:14 PM
Two quick updates:

Update #1-
WB-
Kmart- all first 5 POTC figures in stock, but only one Queen Amidala left AND they got in the Animated Figures, no troopers left, but there is a Greivous and an new Anakin.
Target- Had all POTC figures including repacks this morning BUT they have not gotten the alternate case(check out EE) with the Sandtrooper POTJ-repaint in it yet.

Update #2- according to the Toy Mgr at Walmart/WB, they WILL have all the ROTS Sneak Peek stuff as of midnight on 2/1/05. Yes!!!

Sith Lord 0498
01-12-2005, 04:41 PM
Two quick updates:

Update #1-
WB-
Kmart- all first 5 POTC figures in stock, but only one Queen Amidala left AND they got in the Animated Figures, no troopers left, but there is a Greivous and an new Anakin.
Target- Had all POTC figures including repacks this morning BUT they have not gotten the alternate case(check out EE) with the Sandtrooper POTJ-repaint in it yet.

Update #2- according to the Toy Mgr at Walmart/WB, they WILL have all the ROTS Sneak Peek stuff as of midnight on 2/1/05. Yes!!!

Just as a supplement, Target also has several of the Animated Wave 3 figures. However, both the animated and POTC are at a $6.99 price point as opposed to Wal-Mart's $5.55 for Animated and $5.88 for POTC/E3. Of course, Wal-Mart had squat this morning.

And now I know that I'll be very tired at work the morning of February 1st. Hmm...must've had a long night... :)

kwyjibo111
01-12-2005, 06:53 PM
Two quick updates:

Update #1-
WB-

Hey, thanks for the tip. I was able to grab a set of Clone Wars figures at the Dickson City Kmart.
Thanks

Sith Lord 0498
01-17-2005, 02:54 PM
The Pittston Wal-Mart has the CW Animated Grievous, Anakin, ARC, and red/blue clones in stock as of this morning. Also, there's a Chewie Unleashed if anyone's interested as well as OTC clearanced at $2.00 each (Luke, Yoda, R2 Dagobah figs, Obi-Wan, Cloud Car Pilot, Han, etc.).

Darth Alex
01-21-2005, 03:51 PM
BIG news....the Walmarts in Bloomsburg and Hazleton have BOTH gotten in a fair amount of the ROTS Sneak Peek wave. Sith Lord, I left you a message-I picked you and Brother James both a set of all 4 (4 for YOU, 4 for Jamie). Kenny, if you're reading this, call me if you cave in, I can get you a set of 4 in great condish.

Folks, while I am HAPPY to make an understatement, Target, KB, Kmart and TRU all did NOT get these and the Walmart in Wilkes Barre just plain stinks-they said they have none(either that or they all got sold out the back). This breach of the supposed 2/1 street date is bizzare to say the least and although I can't visually confim it, the Hz stock guy said they WAS NO hold until or DON'T sell before 2/1 date on the cases. Hmmmmm........

R4 is the short pack and the good General seems to be the most abundant.
However, the Hz store is now out of the Wookie AND the R4, and Bloom only has 2 each left of Tion and R4 while having about 8 of the Wookie and 20 of Grevious.

Happy hunting and in non-SW toy news, Marvel Legends wave/case #8 is out. One lonely Iron Man/modern Armor with 4 Caps' is in Bloom/Walmart while the Hz Walmart only has 3 Caps' left. Joe from the comic shop AWMC got a case in yesterday and said there are 3 Caps per case, 1 Doc Ock, and.....darn, I gotta call him again for the rest. Anyway, all SEVEN figures are in the case, none left out this time, but there still are short-packs on 3 of the figures.

Well, I gotta get to work. I'll post a detailed review tommorrow if weather allows passage to a computer. Peace....

Darth Alex
01-25-2005, 04:04 PM
Two updates:

Wilkes-Barre-

TRU- Sandtrooper/1 per case has finally shown up in the alternate Myo case. I grabbed the one Biker Scout, DS Stormtrooper, and new/repainted Sandtrooper this morning. This is only the 2nd Sandtrooper I got, the 1st was from Bryans back in 11/04!

Walmart- still sucking wind, but they DID get in the Ep3 Sneak Peek case, WHICH DOES have a "hold until 2/1" message on it! The clerk in Hz either lied or is lazy with the information. 2/1 it is, then for these, and I chalk it up to luck last week that I got any of the 4!

I think the rate of restocking on all of the SW lines really stinks right now. The Titanium collection hasn't been seen since the middle of last month, the new Cartoon figs are spottily stocked at best, and the new POTC are REAL spotty.

I still look forward to 4/3/05....

Sith Lord 0498
02-01-2005, 01:02 PM
Wal-Mart, Target, and TRU in Wilkes-Barre all have the Sneak Preview figures (roughly two cases in each store). No Jedi Starfighter, no Wookie Super Soaker...

...AND NO DARTH TATER!!!!! AAAAGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

(it's the only thing my wife's actually looking forward too) :p

Darth Alex
02-14-2005, 04:54 PM
Nothing new in NE PA....the Sneak Peek figs are being poorly restocked for multiple buyers and army builder....Marvel Legends(GO, MAN THING!) are really in poor shape on the stock tip.
I got the Anakin-I'm the coolest Jedi in my Yellow-Starfighter off of Amazon. Ordered it Friday, got it at 2PM today. Happy Valentine's day to me, pimpin ain't easy, blah blah blah. I'm just tired of waiting.
The Walmart in Bloomsburg got in 2 each of the Unleashed figures yesterday night. I broke my "I won't collect anything but the 3 3/4" line" mantra and got a Stormie-great detail, love the ruby red lazzzzer blast. Got a set for Brotha James and left a Aurra and Ig-a-88 for anyone who wants em. Nice to see something else new out.
No Wookie Wakka Supa Soka yet.
Since other sites are reporting the DVD/Saber combo at Target, I'll be there tommorrow and report back.

Sith Lord, hope things have been we'll-I'll call ya soon to catch up, complain, and trade. I do have a loose VOTC Stormie with yer name on it, if ya still want it>

'Nuff said.

Fwad
02-15-2005, 05:25 AM
That lightsaber dvd is nothing that we havent seen before. It is not worth the buy for the history of the lightsaber.

Sith Lord 0498
02-15-2005, 08:45 PM
Target in Wilkes-Barre has three Anakin Starfighters in stock at $19.99 each.

Short...
Simple...
...and to the point.

Hmm...rare for me :)

Sith Lord 0498
02-18-2005, 03:36 PM
As of 10:30 am this morning, the Wilkes-Barre TRU had two Wookiee Blaster Super Soakers left at 14.99 each. They are with the other Super Soakers along the left wall of the building near the bathrooms and Animal Alley stuffed animals.

Also, TRU and Target still have 3-4 Anakin Starfighters each at 19.99.

Sith Lord 0498
03-01-2005, 09:34 PM
Well, I think I know why the Wilkes-Barre Wal-Mart has such a hard time moving SW product...

THEY DON'T KNOW HOW TO STOCK IT WHERE IT BELONGS!!! :mad:

I went there tonight, hoping some figures leaked early. Nothing there except a lone Tion Medon. OK, no prob. I walked over to the Playskool section to look for Darth Tater and what do I find...

Three HASBRO JEDI STARFIGHTERS ON THE PLAYSKOOL SHELF!!! :confused:

Oh yeah, and about another EIGHT OR NINE on the overstock shelves!!

Gee...you think those are gonna sell quick?? :rolleyes:

Oh yeah, so if anyone's looking for the Jedi Starfighter, WB Wal-Mart has almost a dozen in stock at $19.96 a piece.

Just make sure you take a left at Strawberry Shortcake and if you've hit the action figure aisle, you've gone too far.

Sith Lord 0498
03-09-2005, 05:22 PM
Since the school districts around here seem to think five minutes in the cold will scar a kid for life, I didn't start work until 10:30 this morning.

So......toy run!!!

Complete wash-out!! Here's the details

Wilkes-Barre Target: nothing new
Wilkes-Barre Wal-Mart: nothing new
Hazleton Wal-Mart: nothing new (did have two 12" Garindans though)
Dickson City Wal-Mart: nothing new
Dickson City Target: a single Obi-Wan Jedi Starfighter

Here's to hoping things start leaking around here soon...

Sith Lord 0498
03-12-2005, 11:00 AM
Just a little heads-up from a secondary source. Darth Alex called me around 9 this morning to tell me the K-Mart in Berwick had the first 12 Collection 1 figures out this morning. I know he bought a few and there were only one of each, so I don't know what he left behind. Unfortunately, K-Mart is still charging $6.99 a figure.

Even if Berwick doesn't have much left, starting checking K-Marts in the area, guys.

Darth Alex
03-13-2005, 02:34 AM
Much thanks to Sith Lord for carrying on with the updates when I can't get to a com pu tooor.
Anyway, it's late, I'm punchy, here's a quick one:

3/10- forever in debt to SL 0498, grabbed the ONE Obi-Wan fighter from Target in DC/PA. Nice vehicle, will post review tommorrow night for what it's worth after watching Lucas on 60". He is on this week, I think....

3/11- nothing found, but did confirm that WB/PA and DC/PA TRUs are seriously considering doing the midnight thing 4/2 and that both should have the Holo Yoda giveaway...sweet.

3/12- Happy days are here again, yada da da da....anyway, yeah, found all 12 Collection 1 figs at the Berwick Kmart, $6.99 each. Didn't have any price info from the net to get the price matched lower. Not to brag, but it's been a nice day. I'll post reviews tommorrow. Overall the 12 get a collective 4/5 stars, RS rating scale-wise(Rolling Stone, not Rebelsc...). Hazleton Kmart got the same case, but will hold it until 4/2 :( .
It's nice to have the figures...lotsa suprises...Supa BD has a "fire" attachment for the right arm....Grevious's 4 arms have a better action feature than I thought they would; up and down not swirling around(that IS what I thought)....Obi/Ani hand pluins are great, we've been crabbin for years to Hasbro to do something like this, something in the Gundam/Oriental toy market with accessories, noew we finally have em, and they are sturdy and LOOKIN COOL.

Good luck huntin, less than 20 days to go now!

Darth Alex
03-14-2005, 01:59 PM
since he's at work, props go out to Sith Lord 0498 for his find of the year today....

I get a call from SL 0498 about 8:30AM today, and in a half hour I'm up at the Wilkes-Barre Walmart. Thanks to him, I scored most of the 1st wave of Collection 2 figures. I'll let him have the glory of posting, but this is a heads up to all the NE PA collectors, when I left a couple hours ago they still had some new figures...Tarrful(sic), R2, Yoda/spinning, a few more, and all 3 lightsaber from the first case...Obi, Yoda, and color-change, Vader.
Good luck hunting...called Pittston Walmart...the rude ladies there said nothin show'd up, and they seems sick of the "cawls". Yeah, yeah, you're really gonna be sick when both a wave of SW fanatics and Hulk-a-maniacs hit you both in the same weekend...4/2-SW....4/3-Wrestlemania 21!

'Nuff said for now and the MVP of March for finding almost the whole 40 figure release at one time before 4/2 is Sith Lord, the bad mother!:beard:

Sith Lord 0498
03-14-2005, 09:58 PM
And to think, I was just going to WM to pick up something for lunch and return some tap lights from a GG minibust display that failed miserably.

They had about 10 pegs filled to capacity, and the figures that were doubled and weren't doubled lead me to believe that they have half-empty cases in the back b/c they ran out of room. Within 30 minutes, we cleaned all but 10 figures or so. My seven, Darth Alex's one of each (and some for his friend Jamie), and a middle-aged woman there who also got one of each for her high-school aged son.

As of tonight (b/c I went to pick up my 3 remaining on layaway), they had 2 or 3 Tarffuls (horrendous paint job BTW), one Chewbacca (another bad paint deco), one of the spinning attack Yodas, and SBD, and two ROTS Yoda sabers (Anakin/Vader and Obi-Wan are now gone).

Bad news is that I read a report from a collector who went later. He asked a toy dept. employee (probably the dept. mgr.) if there were any more in the back. She checked but came back saying something along the lines of "These weren't supposed to be out. I'd take what you've got and go."

So...don't know how likely it is they'll release any more figures early. However, that was earlier today, and they hadn't removed the leftovers by the time I was there around 7:00 or so.

Either way, there's only another 2.5 weeks, and now I've got less to worry about come 4/2/05.

Oh and one more thing...

Keep your eyes open at Target in the next few days. On a hunch, I entered the DPI (or whatever it's called) number for the Medium Assault Vehicles into the price scanner. While the shelves are empty, the computer stated they were in the stockroom. I wouldn't advise asking an employee to pull the case b/c they might see the date. Instead, get there early these next few days. Either they'll put them out early or maybe you can sneak them off the pallets.

Good luck, guys. I think I'll be in hibernation these last two weeks (unless of course Darth Alex gives me a wake-up call from Wal-Mart).

Kidhuman
03-15-2005, 02:04 AM
Darth Alex,

I looked at the threads and decided to leave them because it isnt that big of a deal at this point. Just dont start any other threads for this area and it will be good.

Darth Alex
03-15-2005, 09:12 PM
Darth Alex,

I looked at the threads and decided to leave them because it isnt that big of a deal at this point. Just dont start any other threads for this area and it will be good.

Kidhuman, thanks for looking into things. Yer right, I think this will be the thread of choice, with the exception of anyone posting from Pittsburgh or Central PA(never could figure out why no one near Philly posts....strange)

For those of you how don't know, TRU, KB, Kmart, and now Target and Walmart are blocking figure sales. Per Sith Lord 0498, the new Yoda lightsaber wouldn't ring up today. So...I gues the wait until 4/2 is on. I'll still try again at Walmart for the heck of it on 3/21 and 3/28, WB PA seems to be good that day and I have my weekly shopping to do anyway, but I don't expect too much.

Also of note-the Target deal on 4/2 with this Lava Vader reeks of stupidity. After going out for midnight, I REFUSE to stay up all night to get this figure. I'll show up about 7AM, but to camp out, well, us 30-yr-olds need our geek sleep:greedy:

Sith Lord 0498
03-15-2005, 09:23 PM
I think I'm gonna let Darth Alex do the running around these last few weeks. I need the break!! :)

While it seems the retailers are locking down on ROTS for now, I was pleasantly surprised to find a single Darth Tater on the shelf at the WB TRU. I never realized just how big these Potato Heads are. Not bad for $7.99

Darth Alex
03-16-2005, 11:04 PM
I think I'm gonna let Darth Alex do the running around these last few weeks. I need the break!! :)

While it seems the retailers are locking down on ROTS for now, I was pleasantly surprised to find a single Darth Tater on the shelf at the WB TRU. I never realized just how big these Potato Heads are. Not bad for $7.99

I told SL I was gonna stop huntin yesterday....well I had time to kill on lunch, so I stopped at Target in WB...found the Anakin/Dooku and the Palp/Yoda Galactic Heroes there, under $11 for both, promptly traded to SL since I don't collect em and he does. Despite Target shutting down the registers for ROTS stuff, it was cool to sneak these past.

Wookie Water Blastas are still over at TRU, they had 4 today.(It seems the hunt will never end when I have a lunchtime hour to killa).

Walmart is dry as a boneyard, however, the ROTS Yoda and the ROTS Obi sabers are still there if you can use the force to ring them up.

I guess that will do it for the finds. Clone Wars Volume 1 is out on Tuesday(3/22/05) and I hope we all have the budget to get it. I'm chompin at the bit to get it and will be taping the Season 3 to just watch over one hour.

'Nuff said.:classic:

Darth Alex
03-19-2005, 12:48 AM
Quick updates-
3/18, Friday-

WB/Wally got in all 6 of the Jedi Force Playschool. Vader's back, Chewie's back, saw Anakin/Ep3 and Yoda/Ep3 for the first time(Luke and the Droids are still pegwarming).

Target/Dickson City(moving around a LOT today) had one single Grevious Wheel Bike(regular 3 3/4" line). It rang up-19.99+tx, great item, at this point they should just throw em out for everyone, darn it!

From the Lego section:
It's very late, so I'll be brief.
I wandered into the Bloomsburg, PA, Super 24-hour Walmart after work tonight and literally walked into a huge pallet display for the Ep3 Lego toys.
Very cool stuff....had the:
-Tri-Droid
-Anakin's Starfighter (not seen in this store despite it being out)
-ARC 170 Fighter
-Grevious Wheel vs Obi-Wan/Boga
-Wookie "set" (again, it's late, I forget the name, but it's a pretty expansive set)
-Mustafar Duel (the light-up sabers are great, and Obi-Wan is hood up)
I was very suprised to see this display, the normal center-of-the aisle deal, with Lego POP(display materials) and BIG price numbers. I think the most expensive items were $29.99-the duel, the ARC, both of those, definitely.
The Bloom Wally also got in a whole case (2x2x2) of the Unleashed IG-88 wave(Sith Lord, I put one Stormie on hold in case you want it, I know you were waffling on this one....)
I don't collect the SW Lego due to room and $$$, but that Duel set is really sweet. Good luck and if you collect I hope all of you that do run into the same thing tommorrow!

I'm goin' to bed. I DO believe that this Lego thing in Bloomsburg is not a tease or a mistake by the overnight crew. Other than the already out Anakin's SF, those 5 other set are ripe for the pickin and the layway at THAT location is on 24-7, ya just have to ask. So if anyone is readin this and is raren'(boy, look at the antiquated SLANG) to get em tonight or this morning, I'd say you'll be in luck.

Off topic- Marvel Legends wv.9(Galatus(sic) making-wave) and restocks of wv.8 are showing up at Walmarts on either Thursdays or early Fridays like clockwork, if you buy em....

Good luck

Darth Alex
03-20-2005, 10:08 PM
Lego display AND toys are gone from the floor in Bloom PA. Walmart's...ahem...staff have no idea if it was pulled for 4/2 to the back or sold out-if it did sell out, I hope I helped people reading this get em-it's a nice feeling to finally see the new stuff!

BTW-I'm calling the WB Walmart to see if ANYONE in Mgmt. will bend the rules a little for layaway on 4/2 midnight madness. I called last night and got a rude night Mgr who was a little too Orwellian on the CLOSED AT 10:30PM tip. If the WB Wally will layaway, that will really make me want to hit it before TRU(it's a $$$ thing, you undastand!)...

Sith Lord 0498
03-20-2005, 10:14 PM
Considering my MM Madness list has shrunk from $300 to just over $100 after tax, I think I might just get all my toys at TRU. I'll still hit up WM as well, but only to see if they have copies of The Art of Revenge of the Sith and The Making of Revenge of the Sith for a cheaper price than Barnes and Noble. As for the figures and Unleashed, it'll be TRU. Maybe if I spend $60, I'll get two holo Yodas out of the deal and open one.

Sith Lord 0498
03-23-2005, 09:22 PM
Much to my surprise, I scored a Grievous wheel bike at K-MART tonight for $26.49. They have an Obi-Wan Starfighter on the shelf (in the LEGO aisle for God only knows what reason) if you want it. I had no problems at the register. I'm thinking it's because the Sneak Preview Anakin Starfighter is also from the medium assault vehicles assortment and they share the same "file" in the register.

Yeah, they're charging $25 for the ship, but do what I'm gonna do. Buy it now, buy it again at WM on 4/2 and take that one back to K-Mart.

Darth Alex
03-28-2005, 06:51 PM
Quick update-
Walmart is gonna be the place to go in NE PA for the non-NCAA midnight madness.
TRU is both WB and DC(PA, people, not Washington!) are NOT opening for 12:01AM NOR are they getting the Holographic Yoda as of now.
KB is charging $7.99(!) a figure. Kmart is just sad.
Target will have the POTF2 LAVA Vader, but don't seems to be very helpful and according to their toy dept, there is NO WAY they will open at midnight.
The Walmart in WB is planning on having the layaway open special to help out collectors, too.

Unexpected all this was, but that's what I know-and Wally Worlds' whereIAMGOING!!!!

Darth Alex
04-02-2005, 04:33 AM
Well, well, well. It's VERY late, but all the extra sleeping I've been indulging in lately is allowing me to pull an all-nighter extending into early afternoon...

Myself, Sith Lord 0498, and my friend Jamie(Brother James as I refer to him) hit the Wilkes-Barre Walmart for midnight madness. We got in "line" if you can call it that at 11PM(EST).

What a mess.
Not in site:
Basic figures 33-40, plus NO Red Guards
no 12" Anakin
Arc-170 absent
any Battle Buddies
any Attacktix deluxe
no Titaniums at all

They had one case of the 12"ers out. SL got the Sidious, Jamie got the Greivous, and me and Jamie each got 1 of the 2 Clones/Red mark.
Kids had stuff ripped outta their hands by adults. The stock people handled the extra pallet of basic/deluxe figures poorly.
The Unleashed were restocked, maybe 4 times. NOT enough Gen G to go around.

I'm going out to Pittston and DC Walmarts to try any score a Sidious and a Gen G 12"s for myself, and then hitting Target and TRU to try and find the Arc and the 33-40 Basic figures.

This was, in my opinion, a disaster.
TRU would've had a ROCKIN' display and would've had more stuff I'm sure.
Word is Kmart jumped the gun in WB and have 15-20 of the 12" Anakin.

Good luck wherever ya go in NE and CNTRL PA.
For anyone else in the country/world reading this, I hope your hunts go smoothly this weekend and you find what you want in one place.
I was happy at first because Walmart have the great prices and the layaway was open, but.....I'll just quit gripe-in! I'm happy to be reading the novel and have some stuff I really wanted...more to come today!

Sith Lord 0498
04-02-2005, 09:27 PM
More of the same disappointment this morning up in Dickson City. Many items were still absent: ARC-170, Mustafar playset, figures 33-40, etc. The tent sale in Dickson City was quite a disappointment, and it also started 45 minutes late b/c the tent was rained out and merchandise had to be moved indoors.

The one bright spot was that the Dickson City TRU received a single case of 12 holographic Yoda figures that could be sold for $9.99 each. They were handed out to the first 12 people in line with a one per person limit. Darth Alex and I were fortunate enough to be in that group.

The first official day of ROTS merchandise, and it already feels like the same old sh** from Hasbro's distribution...

Darth Alex
04-04-2005, 11:27 PM
I'm 2 days late chiming in, but myself and Sith Lord have been back and forth on the phones on this issue-the NON-apperance of a lot of stuff on 4/2.
I called Hasbro today, and they indicated to be patient, the line is having a drawn out release.

The first official day of ROTS merchandise, and it already feels like the same old sh** from Hasbro's distribution...says Sith Lord and I couldn't agree more.
Look, I am PLEASED as PUNCH with the stuff I got this weekend. It's just that with all the web speculation and Hasbro's updates, it was only reasonable to see the playsets/battle arenas, the ARC-170, the figures 33-40, better packing on the guards.
That takes the cake. The Red guards....not only DON'T they have force pikes, but they also are IMPOSSIBLE to find.
I contiuned my rant in the OTC section of the forums on the Titanium collection issue. Please chime in with some advise or an opinion.
I just hope all the stuff we want comes out and Hasbro doesn't pull a TPM in the summer....I may be jumping the gun, but I'd just like to see the line through without early cancellations....which, of course, would be PAR for the COURSE...

Sith Lord 0498
04-13-2005, 07:10 PM
If you're looking for AT-RTs and ARC-170s, TRU in WB's got 'em.

Sith Lord 0498
04-21-2005, 07:24 AM
Wilkes-Barre Wal-Mart received a single case or two of 33-40 last night. Not much left expect a few Clone Commanders. Apparently, they're "staggering" out how much they put on shelves.

However, they have more than a few of the new deluxe figures. Darth Vader w/ Operating Table and Clonetrooper w/ Jetpack are most abundant. There may even be a Vulture Droid left.

BoShek
04-21-2005, 01:03 PM
I can't believe this thread exists! I live in between Wilkes-Barre and Bloomsburg.

I haven't been looking at the new figures since I don't want to be spoiled for the movie.

Sith Lord 0498
04-21-2005, 02:40 PM
I can't believe this thread exists! I live in between Wilkes-Barre and Bloomsburg.

Unfortunately, it seems to be a party of two in the NEPA section, and Darth Alex and I do quite a few of our toy runs together anyway so it almost seems pointless to keep posting in here at times. It's nice to know there's somebody else benefitting from it.

Now, if we can just get more people to post their finds (or lack of)...

kwyjibo111
04-21-2005, 05:26 PM
Unfortunately, it seems to be a party of two in the NEPA section, and Darth Alex and I do quite a few of our toy runs together anyway so it almost seems pointless to keep posting in here at times. It's nice to know there's somebody else benefitting from it.

Now, if we can just get more people to post their finds (or lack of)...

Well that isn't really true, any time I have posted in the past, they were always ignored, I check this thread all the time. I am very appreciative of the posts that are here, but feel almost like anythingI have said has fallen on deaf ears, so to speak.
Any way today i did ind the new deluxe figure at Walmart in Dickson City. Picked up Darth Vader on the operating table, Yoda w/ Can-Cell, and the Clone Trooper w/ jet pack.

Sith Lord 0498
04-21-2005, 06:10 PM
Well that isn't really true, any time I have posted in the past, they were always ignored, I check this thread all the time. I am very appreciative of the posts that are here, but feel almost like anythingI have said has fallen on deaf ears, so to speak.
Any way today i did ind the new deluxe figure at Walmart in Dickson City. Picked up Darth Vader on the operating table, Yoda w/ Can-Cell, and the Clone Trooper w/ jet pack.

Actually, that isn't really true. You've posted once in this particular thread, and that's it. In the old thread that I started, you posted plenty of times as did other people, and all of us replied and commented on each other's posts. I just finished reading all those past posts in both threads, so I know that's a fact. Another fact is that you've posted on these boards once between last October and today. Doesn't give us much to respond to, does it?

I'm sorry if I'm coming off like a jerk, but the truth is that for the past several months there have just been two people posting finds in this thread.

The only way a message will fall on deaf ears is if it comes from a mute mouth. Join in the discussions here.

And BTW, good to know they've reach Dickson City as well. Pittston WM also had a single Vader operating table, a single Vulture Droid, and one Mas Amedda this afternoon.

Darth Alex
04-21-2005, 08:16 PM
It is good to see some re-curring posters on this thread. Hopefully, the finds will keep coming for us all.
I talk to Sith Lord 0498 quite a bit as we are friends and that kinda limits how much I post-I'm either working, talking about SW, or hunting for figs...at this point, I should have a palm pilot or a Blackberry to make posts(or a Jedi DEX!) while I'm out.
I don't always post due to time constraints, but it is nice to be reminded that others are benefiting from the posts. I believe the more SW sells in NE PA, the more we ALL benefit-look at the WB Walmart-they can't keep the stuff in stock.

And no ones post goes on deaf ears here, I just don't always reply again due to the fact that after all the above activities, I still don't get enough sleep.

Anyway, good luck, Walmart seems to hit mid-week, I hope it stays like that year-long!

MottiMearl
04-26-2005, 03:51 PM
OK.
Just arrived.
I knew SirSteve way back when he was looking for a name for his site, its been a long time since I've been here...anyway,
As far as posting, I never knew about this board. There are allot of boards, and no Star Wars Collector can be a part of or let alone lurk on all of them.
I am a part of PSWCS, which I assumed allot of people knew about.
There are great people there, but its not perfect. I have found that there are allot of lurkers. I hesitate now to even post.
A while back I had a hankering for chips that only Wegman's carries, so I decided to stop at the WB Wally this was around Midnight. I found the figures I was looking for, I collect mostly Clones. I picked up one each of the Commander and Gunner (I'd like a few more of these after I opened him!) and a set minus a Commander and Pilot for a friend.
I then Posted to PSWCS.
I know people have scored since then, but there was no response to my post, nothing, no thank yous, not a word. I have not seen anything remotely new at the WB Wally since, other than some Deluxe which were cleaned out the other night when I was there, no Clones, just Yoda.
I buy a few things for myself and two other friends, we are not huge Army builders and I never clear the shelves, I always leave something for someone, even if its an army builder I want. If I was standing in front of the pegs with the last 3 Clones and they were for my friends, if someone walked up I would hand them one, they made the trip, they get first shot. Unless you owe someone a big favor.
All I ask is to leave a little for others, there are obviously people lurking and snagging stuff with not regard to the people who post in the first place.
My friend Randy found the Target Clone yesterday, he posted to PSWCS, I went an hour latter and all 3 pegs were empty. No one on that list said thanks for the tip, nothing. It makes you not want to post.
And if your out there, whoever it was that I ran into holding the deluxe Clone in Pittston, you told me they were out for 3 weeks, I didn't go back to see if you posted 3 weeks prior, this is the first thread I've read, but I will tell you, the Clone you were holding was the first sign I saw of these things and I mentioned that to you, you then said, these have been out 3 weeks and walked away with it. Again I was empty handed.
All I'm asking is that the Army builders set aside the geek in them for a second (I have to do it also) and leave some for others. I don't want to but heads with anyone that I happen to see running away from the empty pegs with all the SA Clones.

Take Care guys, I hope to find some cool stuff in the next couple of weeks, of which I will post here, there are at least a few people who enjoy this enough that they share with others their finds by posting. I just hope something is on the pegs for the people who deserve it after any of us post.

Check out the PA collector club, some cool people, they have some cool events as well:
http://www.pswcs.com/ (http://www.pswcs.com/)

Mearl

kwyjibo111
04-26-2005, 04:34 PM
Hey Mottimearl, interesting name.
I live in the Scranton area and too have found people rather rude when it comes to collecting. The other day I was at the Dickson City Target and just wanted to look over the Star Wars section to see if there might be anything new, BUT... This nerdy ***** clown and his girlfriend, if thats what it was, were blocking the section off, between the 2 of them and with a shopping cart. They wouldn't even move aside slightly to let me look. Bunch of savages in this town. I found it quite sad, especially when they were just analyzing the peg warmers, I guess looking for the perfect card, maybe they are both guidance councilors.
Any how, I feel your pain.

MottiMearl
04-26-2005, 05:27 PM
Yup, allot of them like that.
Saw a guy in a Staples outfit once, think he had a manager tag, I didn't get close enough to see, at Target. He had his kid in the cart, infant mind you, as he was digging through the figures, stuff was falling everywhere, I think he even stepped on a few. Meanwhile the kid was flopping around and almost fell out a few times, he wasn't even paying attention.
Some people shouldn't be aloud to spawn.

Mearl

MottiMearl
04-26-2005, 08:52 PM
Scored a Target Clone!
My buddy moved down near Allentown recently and has been making trips back to get stuff from storage. Anyhow he mentioned he was stopping at the Target down there before heading up, so I asked him to looked.
Said he found the last one! Wife said the the same thing so I doubt he was saying for dramatic effect.
I told him, you either find it when they are putting them out or there arfent any left at all.

Mearl

MottiMearl
04-27-2005, 12:08 AM
Midnight at The Wally WB Nothing, I was there about 11:50.
Didn't even see anything ready on the floor.
Unless...does Wally have Hasbro printed on the cases?
Or do they just say "Dolls" ?
Section was a mess.
People are savages.

Mearl

MottiMearl
04-27-2005, 09:29 AM
Nothing this Morning at Wally WB or WB Target.

Mearl

MottiMearl
04-28-2005, 12:42 AM
OK, I'm just wondering...there were complaints that no one would reply or report, but now that I did just that it seems to have fallen of deaf ears. It got silent the moment I posted.

I was either to early or to late at Wally WB tonight.

There were a few Commanders and some others from that wave, but no Gunners. Somone has a huge army, more than what we will most likly see in the movie.

Between the Scalpers and Army Building Maniacs, its no wonder why this hobby has gone to s$#t.

Just have to hope Hasbro does the same with this SA Clone as it did with the EE Exclusives or some of us may never see them.

I never even saw the first SA Clone on the shelves.

As for the Gunner, I'm very lucky it seems to have gotten one when I did, my friend Adam has yet to snag one. We were fools enough to think we would find these down the road, but people refuse to leave something for everyone.

With this attitude, you will force people to snag everything they see, just because they are afraid they won't see it again, maybe this is what part of the problem is as well.

So, you asked for reports and I started to give some, but I have yet to get a welcome. I assume 2 people are enough for the boat at this time, not enough figures to go around if you add another fellow collector!

Why bother to complain that no one posts then? Only to ignore mine.

Not enough toys to go around I guess.

Well, maybe I'll see you in the isle boys.

Take Care

Mearl(aka Doc)

Sith Lord 0498
04-28-2005, 06:48 AM
I, for one, have either been out of town, going bonkers sifting through job applications, or trying to kill a $&%*#*$ mouse that likes to run off with traps (did kill him yesterday morning though). So...while a bit belated, welcome to the thread.

As for your store reports, it's pretty much the same thing I've found on the rare occasions I look anymore. I've found everything I want up to Governor Tarkin and Mustafar Anakin, so I haven't really been looking much this past week or two.

Unfortunately, I do have a problem.

I am rather offended by your insinuation that I buy up a store's entire inventory. I know what it's like to miss out because of other people. Yeah, I'll admit I've bought multiples (2-3) of the army builders, but I spread it out over several store trips. I could've had an entire ARC crew the first time I found the pilots, but I would've cleaned house doing it. Instead, I had to spend two weeks trying to find the second pilot and the AT-TE Gunner for the rear cockpit.

The only time I've personally ever cleared out a store's entire stock of a figure is when there's only ONE on the shelf. What should I do? Take half of it. I always make sure I leave some for the next guy.

On the chance our paths ever cross in a store, yeah, you might find my basket rather full, but that's only because I'm buying for more than one person, and that's because these things are so difficult to find.

Honestly, I'm not looking to start some on-line battle with area collectors. I said what I said last week because it's been frustrating seeing that only two people were posting here. To be honest, I'm less interested in the store finds and more interested in the discussion. But if someone's going to insinuate that I'm a scalper or just a basic jacka**, then forget it. I don't want to discuss anything. And I'm sorry that I've been busy with my personal, non-SW life in the last 48 hours to be a welcoming party here, but it's only been two days.

Relax, nobody's blowing you off. If I was, I wouldn't be writing this.

Now that we've gotten our worst feet forward, it's probably a good idea to bring the best ones forward now. I've expressed my frustrations, and so have you. We'll just move from there.

MottiMearl
04-28-2005, 09:59 AM
Not once did I day it was you, I was upset that no one replied, for which I apologize, I realize there is more to life than Star Wars, in my case at the moment its Micronauts...that was a joke.
My post was intentionally provocative I'll admit, I was trying to push out a scoundrel or two, but as per past experiences, I realize now there is nothing that will get them out of the woodwork.
Its obvious neither one of us are the thing we just described, but are of the same collector mentality, this is refreshing to see.
So my best feet are now forward and thanks for the welcome.
My post worked, I got ya really riled up there, sorry to torture you, but I'll tell ya, I'm fortunate to have met some of the collectors that I have who think like I do, I'm sure you feel the same way. Thousands of views and no reports, that the hell is going on in this state?
What # is that Anakin? So I know to tell you next time I see him, I don't pay much attention to anything outside of the Clones, or if some of my friends give me a specific.

Doc

MottiMearl
04-28-2005, 11:42 AM
I was a little late today.
My Clone report:

TRU WBabout 7 cases of figure, one was the Holo Yoda, about 3 wer the Gunner wave, bunch of Commander, on Pilot, no Gunners.

Target WB:One Commander, No Gunners or Pilots

K-Mart Pittston, a few Pilots and Commanders, no Gunners

So much for leaving a few on the pegs eh?
The only reason I say this is because I have a feeling its one or two people(not you Sith or your buddy)

Wow.

Sith Lord 0498
04-28-2005, 02:30 PM
Fair enough. It was just written in a way that really seemed directed as those of us in this thread. I re-read your post, and it's because of your constant use of "you" (and since very few of us are in here...) But like I said, fair enough. As long as we're all on the same page here. I also hadn't had my coffee yet this morning, so... :p

Anyways, Wal-Mart in WB has several deluxe Vader Operating Tables, several deluxe jetpack Clonetroopers, a Vulture Droid, two commanders, two Polis Massans, a Chopper Droid, and a blue saber Palpatine. That was at 8:15ish this morning though. There should be something left at least.

MottiMearl
04-28-2005, 02:31 PM
Same results in Scranton.
Sign in target said 1 Clone per guest, none left.
I was told by a guy i met there that if you call ahead they will hold one for you if they have it.

Doc

MottiMearl
04-28-2005, 03:11 PM
No sense in us being bitter, seems as though we are all of like minds.
The fact that you guys post at all speaks volumes IMO.
I tend to get a bit bitter and push it a bit...but, I know when I crossed the line.
Now...lets find these new freakin toys!

I'm after #41 #45 and #49 Adam still needs a Gunner, so he has first dibs

Darth Alex
04-28-2005, 09:45 PM
:sur: WOW, this thread has been getting....intense!
Before anyone pops, I'm gonna throw my hat into this ring to try and continue to help calm things down.
The problem with the hobby lies not in the people who collect it, whether they post here or not, whether they open stuff up or not, or even whether they scalp or not(although scalpers do have a special Dante level in Hades, I understand;) ).
No, the problem is, as it has been since Spring of 2000....Hasbro's distribution and case assortments and the stocking practices of retail.
We could even go back to the fall of '98, when the last case with the Darktrooper and Spacetrooper literally hit on ONE Thursday and ONE Saturday and were gone for good from NE PA.
The fact that we are not quite yet at the ONE MONTH MARK(yes, some of us found stuff before 4/2, but anyway) and nationwide Hasbro has blown out 45 figures counting the 2 Royal Guards is amazing. What isn't is how hard some of these figures are to find.
It's the same old-same old. Retail is NOT stocking enough of the new cases fast enough and Hasbro isn't putting enough of some figures out. The AT-TE gunner is a prime example.
In a movie year, one can expect to see all SORTS of peolpe collect and stock should be on a major upswing.
There should be no reasons for hostility on these forums. Just because, and this is mainly aimed at new members, you don't get a reply to a particular post does mean anything in particular....you should NOT take it personally. I've started threads and not gotten a response. Sometimes people don't have a particular response to a line of comment.
As far as army builders and mutliple figure buyers, I'm both. I have my reasons and since we're 3 weeks away from the movie, I already don't hunt much. THERE'S NO POINT. I'm not doing it. If Hasbro/retailers can't figure out how to put enough of these TOYS out for people to buy em, IT'S NOT MY PROBLEM.
Don't get too worked up...that's my advise. Law of averages for this hobby...sooner or later(apologies to Breaking Benjamin) you'll get what you want(unless you want 200 AT-TE gunners for a insane diorama, can't help you there:p ).

I used to go out about 3 times a week. Now I hit some stores at night, some in the morning, but usually it's if I have to be out anyway.
The new Target exclusive clone is an example. Yes, I want one. Yes, I'm gonna pick up an extra one for a friend who is disabled and can't drive. Yes, if I like it enough I'll blow my money on a squad of 4 for a diorama.
Forget the whole one-per-person thing...if people want to buy a $13 Target exclusive, they SHOULD be able to walk into Target ANY TIME and buy the blasted thing. If the release date(which keeps shifting around on other SW collecting sites) was set in stone, I'd just go on that day and buy WHAT I WANT.
Too bad it's never that easy.

So, again, rent Gandhi if you have to, meditate, take a chill pill, but as a forum member I can say that these are just TOYS, people. No need to bunch up our panties over some plastic.

ANYWAY....
it sound like people are making some GREAT finds. I hope May is a banner month for us all. If I find anything, myself or the mighty Sith LORD 0498 will let you know I'm sure. :) ...unless your scalping and preventing people from buying toys at a reasonable price, then I will have no CLUE what you're saying to me in english when you continue to stand in the Walmart aisle and ask me what the hot figure is....I can tell you now, if you're looking for hot SW toys, buy the ORCs. Red-hot, matelol !

Sith Lord 0498
04-28-2005, 10:27 PM
:sur: WOW, this thread has been getting....intense!
Before anyone pops, I'm gonna throw my hat into this ring to try and continue to help calm things down.

At least things are livened up around here. I'm thinking about re-editing my last few posts by attaching pictures of beer bottles. I suggest everyone else involved does the same, and we can just call it a big digital bar room brawl!! :crazed:

Oh, and by the way, Wal-Mart's stripped clean again (10:00 pm), and I didn't see any cases on the floor either.

MottiMearl
04-28-2005, 11:14 PM
Well spoken guys.
SL knows my situation, that beer sounds like a good idea.
Now...bring on the SA Clones.
I have a few friends and family looking for the Target Clone, some outside the area.
If I happen to get lucky and get as few, the extras will be provided at cost to fellow SW collectors. You're disabled friend is on the list.
My buddy Joe is pretty much locked up for one and Adam is first though and there are one or two other people on PSWCS that need it as well., I have mine, I only wanted one.
I got very lucky!

Kidhuman
04-29-2005, 10:27 AM
Glad to see you guys worked the anomosity out amongst yourselves. Please remember to play nice.

Welcome to the boards Motti.

Sith Lord 0498
04-29-2005, 05:14 PM
MottiMearl and I cleared up the miscommunication behind the scenes through PM and private e-mail. All is cool, Kidhuman. Don't worry about having to break up anything. Now that I've had a chance to re-read everything we all wrote, it's actually refreshing in some sick, demented way. At least now we know there are actual collectors who are frustrated over the same things and still somewhat passionate about the hobby. Lord knows scalpers and retailers have made disillusionment so easy.

I just hope we didn't scare anyone off. :)

As for findings, WB Target had the collector's cups out this morning. I bought the lone Clonetrooper set (that cup kicks you-know-what), but they still had two Grievous cups and two Obi-Wan cups.

BTW, did you get my return e-mail this morning, MottiMearl. Just after I hit send, I realized I accidentally put a semicolon at the end of your address. The mail didn't get sent back undelivered, but I didn't know if it reached you.

Sith Lord 0498
04-29-2005, 07:00 PM
TRU in Wilkes-Barre has a single holographic Yoda remaining plus several of the "Dooku saber variant" Anakin Skywalker figures. Anakin is up front while Yoda was in the old SW section (which is now filled with ROTS 1-32 as well.

MottiMearl
04-29-2005, 09:41 PM
SL, I just replied to your last email, not sure if its the one you are talking about though...
On a collecting note I got my EE Clones today.
A friend and I went in on a case (8 Clones each).
I'd like to trade one of the Battle Damaged ones in anyone wants one.

Well, I'm going to have to do some masive hunting this week!
I go in for Surgery on Thursday and I can't drive for a month!

I'm looking for #41 and a Tarkin, hope I get lucky this week.

If I do, I hope the toy Karma rubs off here!

Doc

Kidhuman
04-29-2005, 09:46 PM
Good luck with your surgery and Tarkin is not due out until June.

Whatyou want for the clones?

Sith Lord 0498
04-29-2005, 10:14 PM
Yeah, that's the one I meant. Guess that means it did go through OK.

MottiMearl
04-29-2005, 11:48 PM
Good luck with your surgery and Tarkin is not due out until June.

Whatyou want for the clones?

Thanks, I appreciate it!
I'd like to trade the BD one I have for a #41, I know its a long shot, but hey, I thought I would give it a shot, might be someone that wants a battle damaged one without buying the whole set. Or maybe even a Tank Gunner.

Tall orders!

Doc

MottiMearl
04-30-2005, 03:09 AM
Hey guys, argued with the lady tonight so i went for a ride.

WB Wally had nothing on the second trip as well, wont surprise me if I was off both time and stuff gets put out while I'm not there.

DC Wally had nothing, lady said she put one box out last night and that was it.

I did some customizing when I got home.

Made the Tank Gunner into a SA Clone, he looks a billion times better. The gunner is now holding a AOTC Helmit, doesnt fit though.

By the way, the heads pop off easy on all of these, they jsut dont fit each other perfectly, but that wont matter if you are just displaying them. Took heads off of a #6 and Deluxe and put them on the SA Clones, they look great! I'm going to torture my buddy Adam to get some pics up for me. I'll keep you posted.

Doc aka Mearl

Darth Alex
05-01-2005, 12:31 AM
Now, that I have a day off, I can stay up late and do some postin!

It's been a crazy April-we can all see that with the erratttttttic way stores in NE PA are putting out the new stuff and restocking(NOT!)
So, here's a all-too short report once again:

KB/Columbia Mall/Bloomsburg 3 of the Ani-PUNCH vs. Dooku Battle Arena in. Picked up a lady I like a plushy Yoda, I've been told she likes the iconic green one:kiss: . Yes, that's right friends, I'm now buying over women by being a geek:nerv: .

Walmart/Bloomsburg- the 2 Clone Commanders were snatched up by a fella I recognized from OIP in Bloom-nice find, from the Holy....he screamed. As of 4PM today, they had one exploding GG left, other than that a niiiiice mix of 4/2 stuff. Oh, and they have all 8 of the 2nd wave of Titanium finally-just where is the 1st four? Anyone know?

And...that's it for now. It's 12:30AM on my watch, just got off with Walmart in WB(you can make fun of me tommorrow, SL 0498!) and they got in NO NEW SW stuff tonight:bored: . We can all sleep in.

Well, good luck.
And if yer geek like me, I'd say BATISTA has about a good 22 hours left with the WWE Championship. HHH should pivot back to continue his dominance as the most connected(tm) wrestler alive, since Steph McMahon is his hunneybunney.
(Yes, I watch wrestling, too. And I actually score once in a while....:speech: )

Darth Alex
05-01-2005, 12:36 AM
Hey guys, argued with the lady tonight so i went for a ride.

WB Wally had nothing on the second trip as well, wont surprise me if I was off both time and stuff gets put out while I'm not there.

DC Wally had nothing, lady said she put one box out last night and that was it.

Doc aka Mearl

It's not you, Wally in WB is REAL erratic anymore. Ask SL 0498, I just returned a TON of stuff due to space and $$$ concerns, so the stuff people saw on Friday was a MASSIVE return of hot stuff, not a restock.
Mid-week seems to be good in WB, but who really knows. 04/05 was such a weird month, still have to get the AT-TE gunner, keep missing the craptacular Target(tm) Clone, didn't find basics #41-44 yet, no Mustafar playset, you get the point.
Hang in there, I'm sure MAY(39 minutes fresh!) will be much better. It's gotta...the movie is HERE in less than 19 days and that 500 pound gorillas GOTTA get some toy movement in the stores, right:ermm: ?

MottiMearl
05-01-2005, 02:32 AM
It's not you, Wally in WB is REAL erratic anymore. Ask SL 0498, I just returned a TON of stuff due to space and $$$ concerns, so the stuff people saw on Friday was a MASSIVE return of hot stuff, not a restock.
Mid-week seems to be good in WB, but who really knows. 04/05 was such a weird month, still have to get the AT-TE gunner, keep missing the craptacular Target(tm) Clone, didn't find basics #41-44 yet, no Mustafar playset, you get the point.
Hang in there, I'm sure MAY(39 minutes fresh!) will be much better. It's gotta...the movie is HERE in less than 19 days and that 500 pound gorillas GOTTA get some toy movement in the stores, right:ermm: ?

What exactly did you return?
The only one I need for myself right now would be a #41 SA Clone, although, I made some by putting # 6 heads on AOTC SA Clones, they look great. The Gunner looks a billion times better with a SA body. When there are more around I may try to take the head off and slap it on an SA Clone, right now its just the helmet, looks great though.
Sith Lord talked me into putting the Mustafar Anakin on my list...dam you!

Doc

Sith Lord 0498
05-01-2005, 11:58 AM
What exactly did you return?
The only one I need for myself right now would be a #41 SA Clone, although, I made some by putting # 6 heads on AOTC SA Clones, they look great. The Gunner looks a billion times better with a SA body. When there are more around I may try to take the head off and slap it on an SA Clone, right now its just the helmet, looks great though.
Sith Lord talked me into putting the Mustafar Anakin on my list...dam you!

Doc

He returned that large influx of figures that showed up a few days ago. It included:

Jetpack Clonetroopers
Darth Vader on operating table
Vulture Droid
Polis Massan
Palpatine (blue saber)
Clone Commander
Vader Medical Droid

Of course, they were gone within a few hours.

Darth Alex
05-01-2005, 12:04 PM
I returned some army builders outta Wave 2 Deluxe. I also had picked up an extra Deluxe Vader/operation! for a friend...and one for me(I still have no idea why, I was going to have one assembled and one apart, but changed my mind I guess....).
Anyway, I also had some of #33-39 minus the AT-TE gunner, but a friend that I picked em up for will NOT have the cash for a loooooong time, so back they went. That's the bad thing about finding new stuff at Walmart when layaway is closed. I try to help out friends and fellow fans as much as the wallet allows, but there is just too much stuff at one time sometimes.
I am VERY glad to see that all the stuff I took back went on Friday. It just shows that interest is high and for the record, Walmart, the more sold is the more that should be stocked!
I've talked about this with SL 0498 many times and army building has become a real....interesting prospect. On one hand, I'd love to make some dioramas when I move on to my next apartment. But really, the amount of time and money involved just doesn't make it possible. I usually like to get a little squad of different clones, maybe 2, maybe 4. When it comes to other figures, if a figure has a LOT of accessories or different heads(ala Palp #36), I'll buy 2 or now 3 in the case of Anakin w/Dooku's saber(figure #1, I think).
Anyway, if I have extras of stuff, I usually try to buy only what I need or friends ask to have grabbed if I'm out. Hoarding is just not cool, although, yeah, as SL 0498 will attest I sometimes go a little overboard on the Clone-tip.
I'm heading out early this week, if I see anything, I'll post it here. I haven't been looking too much last month, but folks it's MAY, BABY. The 19th is starin us down....as Hogan will surely say at Backlash tonight...
:ko: "What ya gonna do, BROTHA? MAY 19th! STAR WAAAAAAAAARS! REVENGE, BROTHA! REVENGE, RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNIN WILLLLLLLLD! CHOPPED OFF LIMBS! TWIN BABIES! MIND WIPES! RUNNNNNNNNIN WILLD! 26 INCH PYTHON FLEXING LIGHTSABERS INTO
Ok, I'll stop now, you get my silly point.
I plan on looking a lot MORE this month. With the movie in tow, there will (are you listening retailers?) NEVER be a better time to put out SW toys.
'Nuff said.:beard:

MottiMearl
05-01-2005, 07:07 PM
As far as the Clones, I aw the different colors as a Cashcow, but I got the EE ones anyway!
I converted everything to SA. I got figures out of the one Gunner I had. A SA Gunner and a AOTC SA Clone with removable helmet! Both look great.
The head swapping on the others worked out cool as well.
I like all the Clones to have the samw "Uniform look" hence the SA conversions.
So I will buy the variations and try to convert them if I could. Depends on if I get more EE Clones! I'd still like one or 2 #41 SA Clones though so keep those eyes peeled boys and girls. I'll be hold up for a month after surgery, can't drive! There are a few others I'd like, can't buy em all, but SL talked me into the Mustafar "Aani" bastard! Tarkin is a must, Commander B. At-RT gunner, might be a few others. Are there any pics around of the Evolutions Target Pack? Once I learn to use a certain machine my buddy has, I can have some rewards for those who help me out!

Sith Lord 0498
05-02-2005, 04:30 PM
As of 3:00 pm, WB Target had two exclusive Clonetroopers left on the pegs for $12.99 each. You can also find nearly a dozen Clone Commanders, half a dozen exploding General Grievous figures, several red saber Palpatines, and a lone Clone Pilot.

Sith Lord 0498
05-03-2005, 11:29 PM
This is a little off the beaten path (a la non-Hasbro), but I thought it'd be interesting nevertheless. The WB Best Buy has several of the exclusive MR Darth Sidious mini-sabers in stock, and they will be receiving an allocation of the standard edition ROTS Obi-Wan Kenobi mini-saber either the end of this week or the beginning of next week. One of the employees checked into it for me yesterday and agreed to make an exception to store policy by reserving one for me when they arrive.

I know trying to find the newest figures can be frustrating. Therefore, I truly suggest investing in these MR sabers if you're getting tired of the Hasbro hunt. I have four of these pieces already, and I find more satisfaction in them than any of the ROTS action figures so far.

MottiMearl
05-04-2005, 12:58 AM
The ones you showed me were amazing...stay away!
I am already hooked on the "Crackbricks!"

Sith Lord 0498
05-04-2005, 06:36 AM
The ones you showed me were amazing...stay away!
I am already hooked on the "Crackbricks!"

Oh come on...

"Learn to know the expensive side of the Force, and you will achieve a debt greater than any collector..." :crazed:

BTW, thanks for the e-mail. Messages like that are the reason I wanted more people to band together. Neither Darth Alex nor I were able to get out last night, and you were able to get enough for all of us instead of some scalper getting rich off our misfortune.

Sith Lord 0498
05-05-2005, 05:15 PM
Wal-Mart in Pittston has several of the Battle Arenas for sale (Sidious/Mace and Anakin/Dooku).

Sith Lord 0498
05-06-2005, 04:28 PM
Mustafar playset is showing up. Pittston only had one, which I put on layaway (sorry guys). However, keep your eyes peeled. It's $29.96.

Wal-Mart in WB has overflowing pegs of 33-40 (no Tank Gunners) and the new deluxe figures (even the all-green Vulture Droid variant). Word from the stockpeople is that they're stocking the shelves in the mornings (around 6:30-7:00 it seems). Check then. It's your best bet.

Sith Lord 0498
05-06-2005, 10:38 PM
Dave from Essential Comics sent an announcement to fellow PSWCS members tonight reminding us of "Free Comic Book Day" tomorrow. "Jumpin" Jeff Walker will be there from 12-2, and Sausage from 97.9 X from 3-6.

The big news is that members of Garrison Carida (501st Legion) will also be there. I don't know what time, but any collectors/fans in the area will want to come by and check it out. If you don't know where the store is, it's on Wyoming Ave. in Exeter near the corner of Wyoming and Lincoln, or go to essentialcomics.com.

UPDATE: Just heard back from Dave. They are expected to arrive for the 12:00 noon opening.

pittstonfett
05-07-2005, 01:26 AM
The Pittston Mustafar playset is MINE , all mine

Sith Lord 0498
05-07-2005, 09:15 AM
The Pittston Mustafar playset is MINE , all mine

OK...I assume you mean that you picked one up earlier in the day...

How is it out of the box? I met Darth Alex there yesterday so I could take it off layaway for him, but all I got to see were those atrocious Attacktix-like pack-in figures that came with it. Basically, how large is it, and is it worth $30?

Sith Lord 0498
05-09-2005, 10:24 PM
Not much to report.

WB Wal-Mart: No reset as of yet. Palpatine (red saber) is starting to clog the pegs as are the deluxe Clonetrooper w/ Jetpack. Mas Amedda and exploding Grevious are in plentiful supply as well.

WB Target: Probably the greatest influx of new stock around. They have: ARC-170 (2), Darth Sidious 12" (1), AT-RT (4-5), 41-44 showed up briefly earlier last week, Obi-Wan vs. MagnaDroid battle arena (2).

WB TRU: Nothing really new at all.

WB Best Buy: Obi-Wan Kenobi mini-saber (2), Darth Sidious exclusive chrome mini-saber (5).

Another lull it seems. I feel things will pick up again soon though.

Sith Lord 0498
05-11-2005, 04:57 PM
Target in Wilkes-Barre is the place to be. They had limited amounts of 41-44 this morning (probably gone by now), but they had at least 20 AT-TE Tank Gunners, a whole slew of Blue Guards, and many multiples of Polis Massan, Vader's Medical Droid, Mas Amedda, and a few Clone Pilots.

Apparently, Target will be getting new merchandise in every day for the next week or so. Even if scalpers are reading this, there will not be any short supply of figures for the near future.

Wal-Mart in WB also has the new Fantastic Four movie figures for $7. While I'm not a fan and therefore won't buy them, they look really good--especially Thing and Human Torch.

Lastly, Best Buy has one Anakin Skywalker mini-lightsaber left in stock. I'm sure more will arrive soon.

Happy hunting, fellows.

MottiMearl
05-14-2005, 10:13 PM
Happy hunting, fellows.

Its good to have great freinds . Bear wirh me here, i have been avoiding the computer becase i cant type or sit.

My rcoverery is going much better because of people like you guys.
Thamks for the presents! I wish i could go into detail but i have to get these feet up!

Doc

Sith Lord 0498
05-15-2005, 03:44 PM
WB Target had about a dozen exclusive Clonetroopers around 1:00 today. There may still be some left.

Darth Alex
05-19-2005, 02:27 AM
Quick update so I can sleep to make the NOON Cinemark show!!!(so close.....)

- I just started a new job and haven't been able to post much lately in transition. For those who read this, I can post more finally and hopefully help some of us find some things. It's good karma, man....

Anyway, here's da finds:

TRU/WB- getting repacks of the 12" cases w/Gen G. No site of Shak/Barris outside of Walmart in Bloom yet.

Target/WB- still have the Obi and Clone cups in, Gen G is gone. They didn't have above #40 today, no sign of Deluxe Wave 3 yet there or more Exclusive Clones again yet either(Sunday saw those Clone move fast! Thanks again, SL 0498).

Walmart/WB- I was just there after work about 1:20AM. No Ani#1(2?) Dooku saber variants yet (that night clerk KNOWS the variants, people). They got in a LOT of #36-44. Both Wookie variants-Doc, i grabbed a few for you, yer friends, my pal Brotha James, and even SL 0498 if you want any. There are 6 of #41 Clone left. No sign of the Tarkin case yet per the stocklady. They have all four of Deluxe wave 2 in-ones on the Yoda and the Green Droid(no blue) and NO, this Walmart has not gotten in Wave 3 yet.

Per SL 0498, Pittston Walmart got in case of #41-44 today.

Anyway, off to bed. SL 0498 I hope you and the missus loved the film. Doc, PM me with yer # in case I don't get it off of SL so I can drop you off the Wookies...maybe we can all meet up again, and yes, I have an extra Yarua(spelling?) senator and a Sneak Peek Wookie for you. I also grabbed you the Tarrful you wanted.
I hope we all love the movie. I can't believe it's here...a part of me has been waiting since I was 4 to see this and I can say that in all honesty.

It's finally here.
Wow.
Gotta sleep....fate awaits!:crazed:

Darth Alex
05-19-2005, 02:30 AM
Lastly, Best Buy has one Anakin Skywalker mini-lightsaber left in stock. I'm sure more will arrive soon.

Happy hunting, fellows.

Almost forgot....me and SL 0498 were at BB yesterday (5/17). Although Anakin is still down in stock, but there, all 3 sabers are in. Lot of Obis and Smoked Sidious, again, only a couple Anis.

The mini sabers rule-thanks to SL 0498, I now have another hole in my paycheck:greedy: . Anakin's saber has EXTREME detail; it's awesome:classic: .

MottiMearl
05-23-2005, 12:40 AM
The mini sabers rule-thanks to SL 0498, I now have another hole in my paycheck:greedy: .

Like a crack dealer..."Get the Mustafar Anakin Doc, Its an Historic figure!"
I didn't need that much of a push to be honest...lol.

Adam does this to me with the "Crackbricks" (Kubricks), sends me freakin links all the time, this is because he blames me for geting hooked on them.

Then there is Bill, freaking Microman crack dealer! Always sending me stuff, well, I send him more links actually...I can be evil like that!

Doc

Sithbaker
05-25-2005, 11:17 AM
Adam does this to me with the "Crackbricks" (Kubricks), sends me freakin links all the time, this is because he blames me for geting hooked on them.

Doc

I told you not to bring those things over, but you just had to torture me.
At least I didn`t sink the $$$ into the carded ones. I do want that 400%
Boba though. End of next month series 4 should ship!
We will probably have extras, if any of you guys might want any. It will
be cheaper than eBay for sure.

Adam

MottiMearl
05-25-2005, 11:26 AM
I hope I get the chase!
If its cool and I don't...I'll cry.

Doc

MottiMearl
05-26-2005, 01:54 AM
Sl and DA,
SL, when are you going to grab DA and come visit? I still have Cabin Fever over here!

I have some silly Star Wars stuff to watch.

Doc

kwyjibo111
05-29-2005, 12:21 PM
How many of the Star Wars .45 lightsabers are there in total? Also what is the difference between the Best Buy Sidious saber and the Sidious saber everyone else is selling?

Sith Lord 0498
05-29-2005, 02:20 PM
How many of the Star Wars .45 lightsabers are there in total? Also what is the difference between the Best Buy Sidious saber and the Sidious saber everyone else is selling?

These are the currently available scaled lightsabers (Target.com has most of these in stock). I'm pretty sure this is all of them.

Jedi Collection
Luke Skywalker Episode VI
Obi-Wan Kenobi Episode II
Obi-Wan Kenobi Episode III
Obi-Wan Kenobi Episode IV (weathered and "as first built by" - these were exclusives)
Mace Windu Episode II
Anakin Skywalker Episode II

Sith Collection
Darth Vader Episode IV
Darth Tyranus Episode II
Darth Maul (battle damage) Episode I

These are the forthcoming lightsabers.

Jedi Collection
Yoda Episode III

Sith Collection
Darth Sidious Episode III
Darth Tyranus Episode III
Darth Vader Episode III

The difference between the Sidious sabers are as follows:

Best Buy: entire saber is plated in chrome just like the Jango and Vader MBNA exclusive mini-busts.

Standard Edition: saber has movie-accurate coloring like the rest of the scaled lightsabers - the true miniature version of the Limited Edition saber

kwyjibo111
05-29-2005, 07:08 PM
Hey, thanks for the great reply. Wonderful information there.
I may pick a few of these up. Do you think the best buy version is worth it, or should I just stick wish the movie version.
Thanks
Joe

Sith Lord 0498
05-29-2005, 10:38 PM
Hey, thanks for the great reply. Wonderful information there.
I may pick a few of these up. Do you think the best buy version is worth it, or should I just stick wish the movie version.
Thanks
Joe

(in my best Anthony Daniels...)Oh, you're quite welcome, sir!!

Seriously though, no problem. The Best Buy version is definitely NOT worth it. The sabers don't look good when they're all chrome-plated. The movie versions are the only way to go on these items.

Sithbaker
06-21-2005, 06:34 PM
Bit of a late report, but I found 1 Mustafar Anakin at WB Wally on Sunday, and 1 Com. Bacara(sp?) at Pittston Wally same day. Both had the new
R2 as well. I also picked up a Vader with operating table... need someone
<hint hint> to customize the Anakin for me though, after seeing the excellent
custom that was done by a local member here (you know who you are ;) )

Nothing else new that I found. Target was still wiped out for the most part.
Had the micro sets though, a few of each.

Star Wars Kubricks coming next month, I can`t wait!

Sith Lord 0498
06-22-2005, 06:57 AM
Bit of a late report, but I found 1 Mustafar Anakin at WB Wally on Sunday, and 1 Com. Bacara(sp?) at Pittston Wally same day. Both had the new
R2 as well. I also picked up a Vader with operating table... need someone
<hint hint> to customize the Anakin for me though, after seeing the excellent
custom that was done by a local member here (you know who you are ;) )

Nothing else new that I found. Target was still wiped out for the most part.
Had the micro sets though, a few of each.

Star Wars Kubricks coming next month, I can`t wait!

Well...I'll give it a shot. No guarantees it'll look nearly as good. Just make sure you supply me with all the tiny head matches I'll need!!! lol :crazed: lol :crazed:

Sithbaker
06-22-2005, 11:43 AM
Well...I'll give it a shot. No guarantees it'll look nearly as good. Just make sure you supply me with all the tiny head matches I'll need!!! lol :crazed: lol :crazed:

Ok, sounds like a deal. I might have a few extra BK toys as well for payment, or a #41. Somehow I ended up with 3 of them! Not that thats a bad thing, mind you :D

BoShek
06-26-2005, 11:27 AM
I have been slowly building my collection thanks to the Bloomsburg Wal Mart. Last time I picked up a Clone Commander, who they must have just put on the pegs, and Tarfful.

The last time I was in Wilkes-Barre I found Meena Tills at Target. I was happy!

Sith Lord 0498
06-26-2005, 12:25 PM
I have been slowly building my collection thanks to the Bloomsburg Wal Mart. Last time I picked up a Clone Commander, who they must have just put on the pegs, and Tarfful.

The last time I was in Wilkes-Barre I found Meena Tills at Target. I was happy!

Things have been leaking out every so often around here (WB). I already have Tarkin, Bacara, and KFC Anakin.

BoShek
06-30-2005, 11:47 AM
I was up WB on Monday and found nothing good. The Wal Mart has Mas Ameeda madness with over 25 of the blue horned dude clogging the pegs!

Sithbaker
06-30-2005, 12:53 PM
I was up WB on Monday and found nothing good. The Wal Mart has Mas Ameeda madness with over 25 of the blue horned dude clogging the pegs!

Yesterday, TRU in WB had the Wookie Helicopter and the Clone Trooper
3 packs with the green trooper.
Also, shelf tag for 500 Vader, but no Vader :frus:

Sith Lord 0498
06-30-2005, 08:01 PM
Yesterday, TRU in WB had the Wookie Helicopter and the Clone Trooper
3 packs with the green trooper.
Also, shelf tag for 500 Vader, but no Vader :frus:

There were only three Vaders on the shelf. Random customer bought one, and Darth Alex grabbed the other two--one for him and one for me b/c I'm too lazy to get off my *** and go at a reasonable hour!!! :crazed: (j/k - I was at work)

It's actually a pretty decent figure. Maybe $14.99 would be a better price though. Cool thing is that the top part of packaging is a very sturdy plastic and snaps into place so it's easy to save and use.

Sithbaker, e-mail me sometime if you want to see my KFC Anakin custom.

Darth Alex
07-04-2005, 11:58 PM
Sorry to all who read this about my absence from posting for so long.
It's been a great time since 4/2 and keeping up with life, a new job, and SW collecting has been difficult to say the least.
I stopped posting for one BIG reason after about the middle of April, at least as much as I used to-scalpers.
Not kids, fans, collectors, obsessives, nuts(my category), wrestling fans, or anyone else but SCALPERS.
Once I figured out that the same YAHOOS were hitting at the same times as me after reading the boards and then buying EVERYTHING new to put on ebay, well, I had to go underground for a little while.
SithLord0498 and MottiMearl are good friends, yes Motti I've known Sith longer and NO that doesn't matter, we're all friends, anyway, they know collectors and not the scum I speak of.
Over the past 3 months I've tried to foster good will by GIVING kids in the store the one figure I had in my hand that we BOTH wanted, shared stuff with some folks in Target that I was actually getting for 4 different people, and generally tried to share the love.
Now that ROTS, which is honest-to-the-good-LORD one of my FAVORITE films, I'd say top TWENTY favorite films EVER, is dying down as it approaches 400 million BxOffce US, I see the scum being washed away by the next fad....which at this moment appears to be buying as many Sue Storm Alba figures from the Fantastic 4 line and rubbing them all overthemselves at home while eating BK whoppers.
I'm ranting because for all of us who couldn't get a Red Royal Guard or a AT-TE gunner when it dropped, it was because of the scalpers.
Granted, I HAVE gone overboard and my collecting/friends know it on the army builders. Things like buying many. many AT-TE gunners and TOO MANY Vulture Droids.
But, now that I have decided not to Army Build and keep more on the shelf...well, I'm back to posting as well. Before I post finds, let me say I always kept some on the shelves even when I was buying for multiple friends or army building. Helping fellow fans is just great karma that helps us all.
On to the finds, finally at long last-

Walmart- picked pretty clean. Some layaway returns(yours truly) have led to some of the Deluxe wave 3, minus the lava-hot clone 3s back to the shelves. This is in WIlkes-Barre. If you head up to Wally in DC, they got a SINGLE case of the M&M empire. Very cool, I picked up a set, SL0498 has a set, and Motti, I have you covered...more on that later, I'll give you a call. Further proof that Walmart needs to keep their pimp hand UP when it comes to stock-ONE case is not nearly enough. SInce he doesn't have a handle, Jamie(my best pal) and I hit the DC Kay-Bee and they didn't have nor have ever heard of the M&M stuff. So, Wally's the place to hit.

Kmart-deader than the career of Adema(I acutally like em, so it's a fan sentiment).

TRU/Targeeet- Force battlers wave 2 in full effect and you can ACTUALLY find all 3.

Suncoast- non-SW news...that new Mcfarlane fairy tale line thing with muffit and all that, well, they're all up there for $12.99

Hot Topic- Aqua Teen wave 1 is in, again non-SW, but I had to mention that Master Shake is flying...I got mine...go ahead, make fun.

Well, that's it for now. Still have to find the Wookie Heli and the Green-mint Clone 3 pk.
The Vader/Chamber is cool, not the ULTIMATE figure, but a heckuva pack in, and don't dent up that hard plastic shell-it makes a great display piece.

LAST LINE NEWS FLASH- Al Boscov is back in a BIG WAY. The Tarkin wave and the Bacara wave are up in the Steamtown mall store....Burnt Ani was gone, but the other new figs, including most of #41-#44 with only one dark Wookie were there too. Darn, now I'm gonna have to look there too if #51-56 or the Evolutions are hard to grab.

Good luck...I'm back, so hopefully the posts will help other out, as that's my intention.
'Nuff said....soon, it's CLOBBBBBBBBBBERIN TIMEEEEEEEEEE, Burger Kang!

Darth Alex
07-06-2005, 02:38 AM
Quick update-

Walmart/WB- they also got in a case of the Mpire wave 1 of 2 in tonight. Two sets were gone, but I have a set on hold(soon to be layaway), so MottiMearl you're now covered(I'll explain this one next time I talk to you). Anyway, this is further proof that Hasbro/Retailers need to keep it UP as far as the amounts being shipped...one case per Wally ain't gonna cut it on ANYTHING SW related.

TRU/WB- Wave 2 of the Force Battlers...there's about 6 each of Mace/Chewie/Clone in stock for thsoe who need em.

I noticed that Bryans has the ROTS basic#51-53 set in, $11.99 each. Nice to see em in, but I'll still hold out for Target/Wally World/Boscovs or even TRU for these. It's a little too early in my opinion to panic that these WON'T be seen at retail...even if figures like Tarkin are really scarce.

Well good luck...time to hit the hay, hey-hey!:rolleyes:

Darth Alex
07-09-2005, 11:19 PM
To all who were at the PSWCS meeting today in Ashley/WB, I had a great time and it was a pleasure to meet you all.

For those who didn't hear, there is a Comic/Toy/Collectible show at the Sheraton Hotel in Scranton(near Gerritys) tommorrow from 10AM until about 4PM.
Myself, Jamie, Sith Lord 0498 will be there with a lot of loose SW stuff, some select sealed stuff, etc. Prices will be very low, very fair, so if anyone's around stop up, it'd be nice to see some fellow fans/collectors.

Wookie Helicopter, Build your own LS kit, and the Beam Blaster are at the WB TRU....Helicopter is gone again, but will be back. Target is sitting on a TON of the Beam Blaster.

According to plan, that Anakin Evolution set should be hitting our area by the 20th(this month). And with the way stock has been, those 2 new clones pictured over at GH.com should be here by month's end.

See some of you tommorrow, and have a good one if I don't.

Darth Alex
07-14-2005, 02:17 AM
Kmart in WB has the 2nd wave of Mpire and 2 of the Ani/Evolutions packs. They suck, they're poorly painted(nice eye job, JEDI), and don't waste yer time.
Walmart has 4 (2 cases, 2 per case) of the $32.99 BYO Lightsaber kit. Yawn. When photos were up in the Saga line with the actual silver hilt like the interactive Ani Saber I cared, but not now.
After seeing and reading how Hasbro is DRIVING this repacking junk into the ground, I'm movin on.
Good luck. Like Han says-'yer gonna need it'!

BoShek
07-14-2005, 12:26 PM
Does anyone in the PSWCS collect/play Star Wars Miniatures? I have some extras for trade/sale and need a few more. Do you have a link for a website too?

I found Stass on the speeder at the Target in WB over a week ago. Man the paint job on her face is bad! I picked out the best they had. She looks like Aunt Jemima, though.

Bloomsburg Wal Mart is getting bad. I got a Clone Pilot yesterday, the last figure I wanted/needed that they have in stock. Put more out now!

Sith Lord 0498
07-17-2005, 05:33 PM
Kmart in WB has the 2nd wave of Mpire and 2 of the Ani/Evolutions packs. They suck, they're poorly painted(nice eye job, JEDI), and don't waste yer time.
Walmart has 4 (2 cases, 2 per case) of the $32.99 BYO Lightsaber kit. Yawn. When photos were up in the Saga line with the actual silver hilt like the interactive Ani Saber I cared, but not now.
After seeing and reading how Hasbro is DRIVING this repacking junk into the ground, I'm movin on.
Good luck. Like Han says-'yer gonna need it'!

Flash forward several days later and...

Darth Alex now has the Anakin/Vader Evolutions set!! :crazed: :D :p

Of course, that's only after I grabbed the set he passed on and convinced him it was worth the money. :p

Darth Alex
07-18-2005, 01:18 AM
Does anyone in the PSWCS collect/play Star Wars Miniatures? I have some extras for trade/sale and need a few more. Do you have a link for a website too?

I found Stass on the speeder at the Target in WB over a week ago. Man the paint job on her face is bad! I picked out the best they had. She looks like Aunt Jemima, though.

Bloomsburg Wal Mart is getting bad. I got a Clone Pilot yesterday, the last figure I wanted/needed that they have in stock. Put more out now!

I have NO CLUE what Walmart is doing.
Hazleton.
Wilkes-Barre.
Bloomsburg.
Pittston.
Dickson City.
Montoursville.
Tunkhannock(sic-is that how we spells it?).

#48-53 should be out.
Evolutions, Unleashed, Forec Battlers, Clone cases/Deluxe, Battle packs.
I could go on and on.

Felicia in WB says the stuff is on ORDER.
If we hear somethin up here, you'll see it here ASAP when we know.

Clone pilot-great figure.
Yes, SL 0498, I'm getting a black one..:nerv:

Darth Alex
07-18-2005, 01:22 AM
Flash forward several days later and...

Darth Alex now has the Anakin/Vader Evolutions set!! :crazed: :D :p

Of course, that's only after I grabbed the set he passed on and convinced him it was worth the money. :p

Yeah, well, sucky eyes never stopped me from getting the VOTC C3PO.

I got the Ani Ev. at the Moosic Kmart Sat and I picked up all 4 of Wv2 of the Mpire figures-love the Han(go NAVY!) and the R2, which actually has leg articulation on the sides. Maul and Dooku both have saber hand articulation-I'm sure these are plug-in limb attachment points, but it's still ARTICULATION.

Went on a big DC/Scranton toy run after watching ROTS(yes I'm a geek and no, actually I do get tail) and came up with nothing.
When are these stores gonna learn............................................. ..?:ermm:

Darth Alex
07-18-2005, 01:23 AM
There were only three Vaders on the shelf. Random customer bought one, and Darth Alex grabbed the other two--one for him and one for me b/c I'm too lazy to get off my *** and go at a reasonable hour!!! :crazed: (j/k - I was at work)

It's actually a pretty decent figure. Maybe $14.99 would be a better price though. Cool thing is that the top part of packaging is a very sturdy plastic and snaps into place so it's easy to save and use.

Sithbaker, e-mail me sometime if you want to see my KFC Anakin custom.

Originally posted 6/30...now it's 7/18.
I have never seen the 500th Vader except that one time.
When is Hasbro and retail gonna pump these out.
It's like the bad old days, when the 300th Fett and the Sith Lords 2 pack 3 3/4" were impossible to find....:bored:

Darth Alex
07-20-2005, 02:15 AM
Target and Walmart are due to get some toys in August per the stores today. More on that later today when I have more time & energy to type...
Kmart and TRU got cases of stuff in Tuesday and both stores' employees said to check back 7/20 afternoon to see what came in...I would bet that Kmart will get the Battle Pack(Obi/Clone) in WB and TRU....Wookie Copter, I hope.
I'll post more later and if I find anything, I'll get it here soon so everyone can get a shot.
PS-MottiMearl, I'll grab the copter off of you...I have the Yaurna(sic) for trade...

Darth Alex
07-20-2005, 10:25 AM
I called Kmart and Target in WB today-nothing new in. Ginger/Kmart said there was new SW stuff in yesterday, but apparantly no new Evolution, basic figure cases, or Battle Packs OR Mpire cases were in it. They got more lightsabers, apparantly.
While nothing new showed up today, there is still hope.
I posted the following in another ROTS toy thread:

Re: What have you found?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluke Skywalker
Report from Ohio

Tarkin Wave twice (At two seperate Meijer stores)
Baccara Wave once (Meijer again)
Ani/Vader Evolutions once (K-Mart)
Battle pack Jedi/Sith once (K-Mart)
Target glasses (Han, Yoda & Boba) Once

No 500 Vader. No Clone 3 packs.

It's been slim pickin's to say the least. Walmart, TRU & Target have been devoid of new stuff since late May. It's quite pathetic.

I'm in NE Pennsylvania and it's been just as bad.
HOWEVER, the good news I got yesterday will hopefully help us ALL out.
Target is resetting for Christmas the 1st week of August. According to Keith the Wilkes-Barre PA toy mgr, most Targets are going to see a relocation of stock(games, puzzles) to places them belong, and we'll get left with a 8ft section for basic stuff like figures and vehicles. He said the requests for new stuff and restocks are mutliple EVERY SINGLE DAY and that will factor into a lot of new stuff(we PRAY) in August around the 15th. He also said the restocking by computer will hopefully be quicker due to the demands-it's being watched closely. Now for those of you nowhere near here, this Target has been GREAT before this current drought, so I believe ol' Keith.
Walmart in the same town has a REALLY active toy mgr names Felicia. She is resetting the toy dept the week of the 8th and expects it completed the 15th. She has actually had a few conversations with Hasbro in July about getting restocked and new product in and they keep telling her that there is a lot of stuff in the "pipeline". Again, this Walmart has been EXPLOSIVELY good with new and restocks, so I think that by 3rd week in August, last week in August, Walmart will start hitting again.
My local Wilkes-Barre Kmart has a mgr named Ginger, they are doing Christmas inventory AS I WRITE THIS. New stuff should continue to trickle in, but August is expected to be the big start of new figures and Evolutions and Battle packs-she specifically mentioned the push of these items by nmae w/o my prompting, so I believe her, too.

I call and actually can have a nice conversation with folks about the 'Wars.
I guess with the popularity of ROTS and the sales, SW isn't being treated like a leper anymore.

Now, I called TRU yesterday and they indicated that they got some SW cases in.
However, none are of the 500th Vader or the Wookie Helicopter like we need-it's more of the lightsabers.
Don't you wish we could ALL be like General G with 4 arms and opposable feet to buy 4 lightsabers and use them in GALACTIC PLAY?
I just called the Hasbro helpline(327-8264, toll free!) and mentioned that they need to get cases of everything from the Republic Gunship to waves 4-6 of the Basic figures to the new stuff out NOW.

So, there is hope, but it would sail in until August, I guess.

Happy hunting...

Darth Alex
07-22-2005, 02:15 AM
Subject : Re: [PCS] 500th vader
Kmart in Berwick, Pa has ONE 500th Vader and ONE Green Clone 3-pack.
Walmart in Bloomsburg, Pa has all 8 of the wave 2 Titanium, 2 of Barris 12",
1 of Shakk Ti 12", and one each of the Clonetrooper and Mace force Battlers.
I figured I'd post this to try a help things out...oh, and Hall of Heroes on
main in Bloom has all 4 wave 1 of the Titanium for $6.99 each-better than
double on ebay. They have one set and then a couple of all but the X-wing.
Darth Alex

I posted the above to the PSWCS mailbox, but it never showed up.
While I try and figure out what I did wrong, thought I'd let everyone here know what I found.

I'm gonna try TRU tommorrow and Saturday for the new Obi-Wan starfighter exclusive.
Sith Lord 0498 hit the Wilkes-Barre Kmart and found nothing new...he said the same was at another local one; I forget which.

That's all for now.

BoShek
07-22-2005, 07:22 PM
KMart in Berwick? That's in my neck of the woods. I rarely go there because they never get anything in.

Went to Target and TRU in WB today July 22. Nothing that I need again! I ended up getting ECW D Von Dudley at Target and Marvel Legends Showdown Doc Oc at TRU. No money for you Hasbro!

Darth Alex
07-25-2005, 01:10 AM
KMart in Berwick? That's in my neck of the woods. I rarely go there because they never get anything in.

Went to Target and TRU in WB today July 22. Nothing that I need again! I ended up getting ECW D Von Dudley at Target and Marvel Legends Showdown Doc Oc at TRU. No money for you Hasbro!

Kmart/Berwick is REAL spotty, but I hope you find stuff there you need if you stop in. The ECW figures are awesome, but it's a darn shame that WWE let the Dudleys+Spike go....they'll probably land at TNA wrestling.

I was at the Walmart in WB and can confirm what JediJones is posting over at the PSWCS-good find JJ!, the Ani Evolution sets have arrived. 2 were in WB around 6PM tonight. I watched the GAB/WWE/PPV tonight and after heading out Dallas to drop off a pal, I stopped at the Wal/Wb again, but both were GONE. No sign of #51-56 or the 3 repaints yet, but they've GOTTA be coming.

BTW-heckuva a PPV. Smackdown has really grown and Batista, Undertaker, and Benoit(sic) had great matches. The real-scans that are out for WWE, ECW, and WCW(killer R. Flair!) truely make for great figures.

BoShek
07-25-2005, 01:00 PM
I collect WWE figures and have had a hard time finding the classic ones. I only got Earthqauke and Heenan from the current series out not. If anyone here spots Koko B. Ware, One Man Gang, Andre the Giant, LOD or Shawn Michaels when looking for figures, let me know where you found them!

Back to Star Wars, I really want Tarkin, Antilles and Ask. I hope they show up for this Christmas reset event!

Darth Alex
07-25-2005, 02:36 PM
I'll be on the lookout for the WWE figures.
Per Sith Lord 0498, Target in Wilkes-Barre has a ton of #51-52-53 out today, about 30 of each figure around noon. None of the later #ers or the 3 repaints, make that 4 with the new Anakin #28 variant. They also had one Wookie Flyer.
I'm a little short on funds to pick up any extras, but at least I can give everyone a heads up on whats shipping.

Darth Alex
07-25-2005, 08:56 PM
Well, Target in WB had as of 4:10PM this afternoon about 20 each of the 51-52-53 crowd, and the U. Warrior has both fists painted, no mistakes present as are popping up on the 'net. The Wookie Flyer SL 0498 saw sold, but a fresh case of 2 of it and 2 of the Boga were out.
ALSO, on one endcap were all the recent arrival cups: Han, Yoda, and Boba who was in the shorter supply all for ABOUT $1.87! Yeah, no ***********. I don't collect em and have NO space for em, but if YOU want em and NEED EM they are there for the grabbing.
Good luck-looks like my ranting will end since the DISTRO is finally working again!
'Nuff said!

BoShek
07-29-2005, 12:03 AM
I better get to Target quick! This weekend I hope!

Sith Lord 0498
07-29-2005, 06:56 AM
I better get to Target quick! This weekend I hope!

Sorry, BoShek. Next to nothing left. Probably restock this weekend though.

BoShek
07-29-2005, 11:04 AM
I hate living in this area and collecting figures! Arg.

BoShek
07-31-2005, 02:44 PM
July 31 report
K Mart Blackman Street WB-there's a Padme there if anyone needs her. Also one Anakin Evolution set
Wal Mart-FULL OF FIGURES! Darth Vader, Yoda, Gen G, both regular and repaint clones, A LOT OF CLONES REALLY and pilot Obi-Wan (who I got and is his best figure out of the ROTS).
Target-A lot of figures! I got Antilles and Zett. There are a lot more too.
TRUs-Don't waste your time! Nothing.

I saw a lot of figures I would like but spent most of my money on WWE Classics (got Doink at Target and Andre, Koko and OMG at the Garden Drive In) and three sets of JLU figures. I hope the stores keep stocking SW so I can pick up a couple of them the next few times I go.

The two major figures I want: Tarkin and Ask. The others I will get if I find nothing else.

BoShek
08-06-2005, 11:46 AM
Anyone still reading this?

Sith Lord 0498
08-07-2005, 11:14 AM
Anyone still reading this?

Yeah, but there's been nothing to report.

BoShek
08-09-2005, 06:33 PM
August 8
I got a TON of figures at the Bloomsburg Wal Mart: Tarkin, Ask, AT-TE driver!!!, blue Senate Guard!!!, Utapaun soldier.

Sith Lord 0498
08-10-2005, 05:35 PM
August 8
I got a TON of figures at the Bloomsburg Wal Mart: Tarkin, Ask, AT-TE driver!!!, blue Senate Guard!!!, Utapaun soldier.

Congrats!!!

I managed to score a Wookiee Flyer at Target today. Last one on the shelf, and this time I had the money to spend.

BoShek
08-10-2005, 06:12 PM
I am pretty well set for ROTS. I guess I still need a flea rider and a few others but that's not a big deal.

Young Tarkin rules! I love that figure.

BoShek
08-26-2005, 09:53 AM
I found even more figures at the Bloomsburg Wal Mart! All the pegs are full!

BlueSnags
09-12-2005, 07:01 PM
What's up, Pennsylvanians? I have a job interview in Emmaus, PA this week. Hit a few stores in the Harrisburg area and found jack squat. Anyone having any luck lately?

Blue Snags

BoShek
05-24-2006, 12:43 PM
I was so happy to find Foul at my Bloomsburg Wal Mart the other day.

Jaff
06-01-2006, 07:28 AM
Heads up PA collectors. At 2 P.M. on 5/31/06 I went into Wal-Mart in Mansfield off of I-15. A stocker was filling three cases of the Tatooine wave onto the shelves. I was lucky enough to nab all eight figs in one shot. Keep your eyes out at Montoursville, bloomsburg, wilkes barre and Lewisberg as these cases ship out at the same time at local stores. However if you don't want to miss these figs and are up for a drive it's worth it. R5 and Momaw are incredible.

jedi master sal
06-07-2006, 10:30 AM
Damn!!!

Great score!!!
I haven't seen ONE of these yet in stores.

jedi master sal
06-07-2006, 11:25 PM
Well I ended up scoring some of these tonight.

Got R5, Momaw, Garindan, and Bespin Vader.

Need the rest except han. Not getting that one.

-Sal

mikey1974
06-14-2006, 05:33 PM
Target in wilkes-barre has a bunch of stuuf out today...at least 4 sets of the tatooine wave (but no sandtroopers to be found),as well as 2 pegs of demise of grevious,some of the heroes and villians wave (anakin,vader,mace,chewie,yoda,black pilot) and a bout 5 of the skirmish in the senate battle packs....also about 4 sets of the VOTC also on the pegs there....

mikey1974
06-23-2006, 05:27 PM
found full sets of tatooine wave at hazleton,pa. wal-mart.....all present in multiples,including 5 sandtroopers.....

BoShek
07-28-2006, 01:24 PM
There are a lot of Vaders at my local stores. How about yours?

Jaff
03-15-2007, 05:10 AM
There are 4 cases of TAC figures in the newly opened Milton Wal-Mart. I bought one of each new figs so there are plenty left. It's located just south of Williamsport on 15.

Jaff
08-18-2007, 04:35 PM
Yesterday at Toys R Us near Williamsport (Muncy) shocked me at 6 PM by having many of the wave 4 figures. There were 2 Lukes, 2 Umpass, 2 Elis, 2 Miyooms, and 1 Holiday boba. I didn't see CZ, or gold coins or concept Darth.