PDA

View Full Version : What does Qui Gon say at 38:25? Anakin talks over him. :(

TheDarthVader
11-19-2004, 03:26 PM
Does he say, "This is Jar Jar." ????? I can't understand what he is trying to say because Anakin says something over him. Does anyone know? The line comes after he says, "I'm Qui Gon Jinn."

Much appreciated!

B.
TDV

Pendo
11-19-2004, 04:07 PM
The script has the scene like this:

QUI-GON
I'm Qui-Gon Jinn, and this is Jar Jar Binks.

ARTOO lets out a little beep.

PADME
...and our droid, Artoo-Detoo.

PENDO!

2-1B
11-20-2004, 04:14 PM
Pendo, in the movie you can still see Padme's lips moving for that line even though they cut the audio for her.

Lord_Setnom
11-20-2004, 08:13 PM
Probably because it is pretty much irrelevant. See this could be a way to show the audience Jedi & Queens from tiny planets are people too. For all we know they might be saying "whoa it's quite hot down here" or even "Yes I'd like a glass of water indeed"... I guess it didn't add much to anything so GL didn't care at all about that particular instant

TheDarthVader
11-21-2004, 11:56 AM
True but the fact is it should not have been evident that Anakin talks over Qui Gon Jinn. I think this is stupid. Qui Gon's other line should have been edited out because you can still hear him trying to say something as Anakin says, "C'mon. I'll show you 3PO." (or whatever he says) Don't get me wrong, I love EPI.

B.
TDV

Rocketboy
11-21-2004, 10:50 PM
Pendo, in the movie you can still see Padme's lips moving for that line even though they cut the audio for her.I just realized that is must be hereditary! That's where Luke got it!

(Luke says "What was that?" in the trash compactor, but nothing comes out.)