PDA

View Full Version : DARKLORD'S CUSTOM FIGURES (Part 2)

DARKLORD_67
11-22-2004, 07:24 PM
LANDO CALRISSIAN: PALACE GUARD DISGUISE:
Custom Action Figure and Photo by Roberto Williams

PROBLEM:
I liked Kenner’s vintage Lando Skiff Guard Disguise very much. I did NOT like Hasbro’s POTF II “overly buff” Lando Skiff Guard. I LOVED Hasbro’s SAGA Lando: Jabba’s Palace.

GOAL:
This was a simple straight-forward custom. I just wanted ALL the Lando’s in my collection to have a consistent head sculpt (POTJ Lando Bespin Escape - my favorite). So this was basically a head-swap. But since the new head is slightly larger than the original, I needed to create a better-fitting (larger) helmet, while still retaining the tusked face webbing. Also the stock Vibro-blade weapon was replaced with a sturdier one from the Vintage line. This is an example of a custom Action figure where most of the work went into the accessories! “We’re on our way!!”

RECIPIE:
1) POTJ Lando Calrissian: Bespin Escape (Head (Hollowed-out for ball-jointed use)
2) SAGA Lando Calrissian: Jabba’s Sail Barge (Full Body, Blaster pistol, Helmet (face webbing portion only) )
3) Vintage Kenner Lando Calrissian: Skiff Guard Disguise (Vibro-blade)
4) POTF II Lando Calrissian: Skiff Guard Disguise (Helmet)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/darklord1967/CUSTOM%20STAR%20WARS%20Action%20Figures/LandoGuardDisguiseE7891.jpg

HAN SOLO: HOTH PATROL:
Custom Figure and Photo by Roberto Williams

PROBLEM:
Neither Kenner nor Hasbro ever created a Han Solo Hoth Outfit figure with an actual CLOTH snow hood that could be pulled back to reveal Han Solo!! Not Good!

GOAL:
I wanted a neutrally-posed, detailed 4 inch-scale action figure of Captain HAN SOLO in his Hoth Snow Uniform. He had to reflect the scoundrel star pilot that seemed openly uncomfortable with the inhospitable snow environment of the planet HOTH. As seen in The Empire Strikes Back, I wanted the fur-lined hood of his overcoat to be able to be pulled back so that Solo’s face could be revealed underneath. Also, he had to be correctly scaled in relation to the rest of the STAR WARS action figures in my collection (including other Customs). “There isn’t enough life on this ice cube to fill a space cruiser! Sensors are placed I’m goin’ back!

RECIPIE:
1) POTJ Han Solo Death Star Escape: (Head )
2) SAGA Han Solo Hoth Rescue: (Full body (With legs surgically straightened into a neutral pose, blaster pistol)
3) SAGA General Rieekan (Pelvis)
4) POTF II Han Solo Hoth: (Snow cap and goggles (Hollowed-out to fit on figure’s head underneath snow hood)
3) Navy Blue fabric (Used to create cloth hood for snow jacket)
4) Craft fur (Used to create Fur lining of jacket hood)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/darklord1967/CUSTOM%20STAR%20WARS%20Action%20Figures/HanSoloHothmailing.jpg