PDA

View Full Version : DARKLORD'S CUSTOM FIGURES (Part 3)

DARKLORD_67
11-22-2004, 07:28 PM
LUKE SKYWALKER: TATOOINE FARMBOY:
Custom Figure and Photo by Roberto Williams

PROBLEM:
As simplistic-looking as he may be, Kenner’s very first Vintage Luke Skywalker figure is a true classic!! Having said that, I NEEDED a more detailed, modern Luke. POTF II Luke looked more like He-Man what with his “Prince Adam” type head-sculpt and Incredible Hulk build.. Subsequent Lukes were all based on the POTF II Blast Shield Helmet Luke sculpt: This was a decent enough figure, I just never cared for the slightly “stooped shoulders” and the “dumbfounded” facial expression.

GOAL:
I had a lot of fun creating a neutrally-posed, richly-detailed 4 inch-scale action figure of LUKE SKYWALKER in his farmboy outfit from A New Hope! I wanted him to reflect the spirit of that heroic, farmboy who helped to rescue Princess Leia as a prisoner from the Death Star. I also wanted this figure to be LOADED with all of the accessories that would make it the ULTIMATE Tatooine Luke.
Interestingly enough, I always admired the general “look” of the Vintage Kenner 12” Tatooine Luke from 1978. I always felt that if THAT figure could be “shrunk down” to the 4” scale, that it would make a nice figure. Well, when I finished this figure, it struck me that this was EXACTLY what I had created!! Custom Luke is correctly scaled in relation to the rest of the STAR WARS action figures in my collection (including other Customs). “I want to learn the ways of The Force and become a Jedi like my father."

RECIPIE:
1) POTJ 25th Anniversary Luke Skywalker: Swing to Freedom (Head (hollowed out for ball-jointed neck) Grappling hook and rope, com-link)
2) OTC “Vintage-style” Luke Skywalker: (Torso, Arms, Cloth Tunic, belt (chrome belt buckle added)
3) POTF II Luke Skywalker Blast Shield Helmet: (Pelvis, Legs (Surgically shortened and straightened into a neutral pose, helmet)
4) SAGA Anakin Skywalker Tatooine Attack: (Metal lightsaber hilt and blue blade)
5) POTF II Flashback Luke Skywalker: (Floppy farmer’s hat, Rifle, Macro binoculars)
6) SAGA Tie Fighter Pilot: Imperial-Issue Blaster
7) SAGA Death Star Trooper Accessory Set: Stormtrooper belt
8) EP I Tatooine Accessory Set: (Cloth poncho)
9) POTF II Comm Tech Chip Luke Skywalker: (Hand-held T-16 Skyhopper model)
10) "Chrome" plated letter on a magazine cover (Used to create Chrome belt buckle)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/darklord1967/CUSTOM%20STAR%20WARS%20Action%20Figures/TatooineLukeSkywalkE786F.jpg

DARKLORD_67
11-22-2004, 07:32 PM
LUKE SKYWALKER: BESPIN FATIGUES:
Custom Action Figure and Photo by Roberto Williams

PROBLEM:
Various previous attempts at this action figure have missed the mark: Vintage Kenner Luke Bespin was cute, but way too tall, and not enough detail. POTF II Bespin Luke had a tapered waist and barrel chest, with some pre-posing of the legs (which was typical of the offerings from that line). SAGA Luke Bespin Duel was too scene-specific (with his face depicted in its bruised state), and the poorly designed bending knees made for a flimsy figure.

GOAL:
I simply wanted a heroic-looking custom action figure of Luke Skywalker dressed as he appeared when he first arrived on Cloud City to rescue his friends in danger, and faced Darth Vader for the first time. As with virtually ALL of my custom figures, I wanted this figure to be NON-scene specific. So a “bruised face” sculpt (from his duel with Vader) was not acceptable, and neither was a “dirty face” with “mussed” hair (as during his training on Dagobah). His belt still needs to be painted brown. He has been correctly scaled in relation to the rest of the STAR WARS action figures in my collection (including other Customs). “You’ll find I’m full of surprises”

RECIPIE:
1) POTJ 25th Anniversary Luke Skywalker: Swing to Freedom (Head (hollowed out for ball-jointed neck))
2) SAGA Captain Antilles: (Neck, Right hand)
3) OTC Luke Skywalker Bespin Duel: (Torso, Arms, Left hand)
4) OTC Luke Skywalker: Dagobah Training: (Waist, Pelvis, Legs)
5) SAGA Luke Skywalker: Hoth Attack: (Blaster, Belt Details)
6) SAGA Han Solo Hoth Rescue: (Holster, Blaster pistol)
7) SAGA Anakin Skywalker Tatooine Attack: (Metal Lightsaber hilt and blue blade)
8) Black “twist-tie” (will be painted dark brown / Used to create belt strap)
9) Brown ultra thin ribbon (Used to create holster leg strap)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/darklord1967/CUSTOM%20STAR%20WARS%20Action%20Figures/LukeBespinmailing.jpg

DARKLORD_67
11-22-2004, 07:34 PM
LUKE SKYWALKER: JEDI KNIGHT:
Custom Action Figure and Photo by Roberto Williams

PROBLEM:
Vintage Kenner Luke Jedi Knight was a pretty nice figure, but I was always a bit dissapointed with the strange positioning of his arm and legs. Also, I always thought his face sculpt was overly morose looking. In my humble opinion, ALL POTF II Jedi Lukes were very poorly depicted. They were ALL barrel-chested, They were ALL pre-posed, and they ALL suffered from various strange looking face sculpts. Even the most recent SAGA Luke Jedi suffers from flimsy legs with bending knees, a poorly-produced, ill-fitting cloth cape, and a pin-headed overly morose face sculpt.

GOAL:
I strived to create a neutrally-posed, nicely detailed 4 inch-scale action figure of LUKE SKYWALKER in his black Jedi Knight outfit as seen in Return of the Jedi. I know that there is some debate over the correct color of Luke’s Jedi cloak. And admittedly, it probably was dark TAN as many have suggested. However, I just felt that a BLACK cloak was nicer looking! My custom Jedi Luke was scaled in relation to the rest of the STAR WARS action figures in my collection (including other Customs). “Nevertheless, I’m taking Captain Solo and his friends. You can either profit by this or be destroyed. It’s your choice, but I warn you not to underestimate my powers.”

RECIPIE:
1) POTJ 25th Anniversary Luke Skywalker: Swing to Freedom (Head (hollowed out for ball-jointed neck))
2) SAGA Captain Antilles: (Neck)
3) SAGA Luke Skywalker: Jabba’s Palace (Torso, Arms, Hands, Skirt)
4) POTF II Luke Skywalker Blast Shield Helmet: (Pelvis, Legs (painted black) )
5) POTJ Han Solo Bespin Capture: (Black boots (surgically shortened / straightened into a neutral pose)
6) POTF II Comm Tech Chip Darth Vader: (Black cloth cape (tailored to fit Luke) )
7) EP I Darth Maul with Sith Speeder: (Black cloth robe (Hood is carefully tailored to fit the Comm Tech Darth Vader cloth cape)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v516/darklord1967/CUSTOM%20STAR%20WARS%20Action%20Figures/LukeSkywalkerJediKE788D.jpg